PDA

View Full Version : Questions about OTC vehicles

Knightfall
08-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Okay, I know that the Target exclusive OTC Slave 1 is a repaint of Jango Fett's Slave 1 from the Saga line. Because of this, I'm wondering if the new Slave 1 will be able to accomodate a Han Solo in Carbonite figure...so if someone who has a Saga Slave 1 would be so kind as to shove a Han in Carbonite in there and tell me how he fits, it would be most appreciated.

Also, I noticed something that seems odd (to me, at least) about the TIE Fighter. The panel under the viewport seems to be from a seperate mold; is there any reason for this? Was this done during POTF2, Saga, or has it always looked like this?

bigbarada
08-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Also, I noticed something that seems odd (to me, at least) about the TIE Fighter. The panel under the viewport seems to be from a seperate mold; is there any reason for this? Was this done during POTF2, Saga, or has it always looked like this?

That panel is a leftover from the vintage molds. In the vintage version that large center bulb-shaped thing between the two blasters used to be (of all things) a light bulb for the vintage vehicle's electronics feature. Why Hasbro has never tried to make an electronic TIE Fighter or just retooled the front panel, I'll never know.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't think you will be able to get a carbonite Han in that ship no matter how you try.

bigbarada
08-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't think you will be able to get a carbonite Han in that ship no matter how you try.

Aside from a Dremel tool and a rubber mallet, that is. :D

JediTricks
08-05-2004, 08:44 PM
IF Hasbro cut away the Baby Fett platform from the Saga model, it should fit behind the main seat like in the SOTE comic. I really hope they thought of that.

BTW, this Boba's Slave I also has a few bits added to it that the Saga version didn't, but they're actually weapons seen on the AOTC version of the ship and not the ESB version. Like I care! ;)