PDA

View Full Version : NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

c_richards
05-10-2002, 06:16 PM
I figured I better give you an update on my findings as of late.

Thanks to Palleon, I was able to finish off my set (Taun We, Luminara, and Royal Guard).

I picked up the Republic Gunship Lego, and I have to say, it's tight! It took me roughly 2 hours to complete, but it was well worth the time and effort.

My interview went well, and I will be having a picture of me with my collection taken tonight. The article is scheduled to run on Tuesday.

Finally, thanks to Fandango.com, I got my ticket for Episode II on May 16th. :)

That's it for now. Only other STAR WARS item I got was a set of the new Episode II bed sheets, and a few packs of the Episode II CCG's. There are 180 cards to the set, and there is also a paraelle set consisting of 180 Holo-foil cards.

Good luck over the weekend, take care of your moms on Sunday...and HAPPY HUNTING!

MTFBWY!

fightoned
05-12-2002, 11:41 AM
OK I went to TRU winchester in SJ and there was a dozen or so Darths, Lukes, Mace, and Jango Final Battles on the pegs. So I guess the next 4 figures are out.

asiandoood
05-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by fightoned
OK I went to TRU winchester in SJ and there was a dozen or so Darths, Lukes, Mace, and Jango Final Battles on the pegs. So I guess the next 4 figures are out.

hmm...so i guess the endor rebel trooper is the hard one?

c_richards
05-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone.

I hope you all had a good weekend, and were nice to your mothers to not mention STAR WARS for 24 hours. :)

Nothing new for me. Hayward TRU had no new figures (Vader/Luke Bespin). They did have the FX-7 wave and the Bo Shek wave.

Waldenbooks - Southland
I picked up both the light side, and dark side starter decks. Not bad for the money.

K&B - Southland
A few Yodas hanging on the pegs, as well as a bunch of Clone Troopers. I didn't pick anything up as I am still trying to recover from the 23rd. :)

Target - San Leandro
No new figures. Still no signs of the Dooku wave. I picked up a few of the boosters there. I will say that I did get lucky and got a Yoda card out of the batch, and he looks good! :)

I hope you all got a chance to see the STAR WARS fan film awards. It was pretty good. They did show a piece of Troops, and all. Kevin Smith hosted, and the last award was given out by George Lucas himself. The award went to a film called "Christmas Tauntauns". All films are available to be viewed/downloaded at starwars.atomfilms.com

Until the next time.

2 days, 15 hours, 1 minute until Episode II premieres! :)

stormie
05-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Found the last three I needed (Royal Guard, Taun We, and Luminara) at MV WM on Saturday. As an added bonus, I also found the new Endor Rebel Soldier (bearded) and the new Qui-Gon. The apparently also had the Massif and Geonisian Warriar too at one time, because I found the carback and empty bubble stashed behind some other toys. Some loser just couldn't cough up the $6 bucks for the figure I guess.

No sign of Vader/Luke et al yet, though by fightoned's comments, I'm sure they're on their way!

c_richards
05-13-2002, 01:26 PM
I just remembered, another thing I got over the weekend! :)

I had ordered an Imperial Hat, Ranking Bar, and Belt from this place in the Phillipeans called "The Prop Place". They came in the mail Saturday, and I have to admit, I am VERY pleased with the end results. The cap looks very official, and even has the metal symbol on it. The belt is pure leather, and has the polished metal buckle with the little decoration on it and the Ranking bar is just sick. It's made from a aluminum plate with blue and red clear "pips" attached, and velcro attached to the back to make it easily fit on the uniform!

The total for all these items with shipping was $89.00 and I was surprised at how quick the items got here. It took maybe a month! In the confimation email I recieved it said please allow 6 - 8 weeks. I was greatly impressed at how quick I recieved the merchandise!

If you are looking to make a Boba Fett, Vader, Jango, Royal Guard, AT-AT Driver, etc. costume, this place has the goods needed to make a TIGHT costume. The prices are reasonable, and the service is great!
The URL is http://www.theproppalace.com/starwars.htm

MTFBWY!!!!

Pellaeon
05-13-2002, 02:52 PM
An off line friend picked up the newest 8 figures at Union City TRU (Vader, Luke, Endor Soldier, Jango, Blue Twilek, Massif, Qui Gon, and whatever the other one is I can't think of off the top of my head)

c_richards
05-13-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
An off line friend picked up the newest 8 figures at Union City TRU (Vader, Luke, Endor Soldier, Jango, Blue Twilek, Massif, Qui Gon, and whatever the other one is I can't think of off the top of my head)

Pellaeon-
That's too cool! How do they look? Did you get just one of the Endor Soldier, or both variants?

stormie
05-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey fightoned and Pellaeon, which Bespin Luke did you each get: magnet in arm, with bloody stump; magnet in hand with no blood; or the one with no magnet at all? ;) Too, too many variations so early in this line!

fightoned
05-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Stormie, I got the magnet in hand with no blood. Bummer I want the bloody one. I am still very impressed with the detail.

On your note I stopped by walmart and target in Mt view at lunch today. Nothing new there. I also went to the Winchester TRU again tonight. A bunch of Maces but nothing else.

Late!

jedibear
05-14-2002, 01:18 PM
The northbay saw the quick arrival/departure of the Vader wave at TRU...thanks to Grayhank, I got a Vader, Mace & FB Jango (sidenote to those still managing to avoid spoilers...DO NOT open the FB Fett til after you see the film!). TRU also got the 12" Mace in....really nice except for that sh*t-eating grin he's got plastered on his face!

Still no Luke or Orn Free Taa wave around here yet....can't wait to snag that Massif!

Aelina
05-14-2002, 01:47 PM
My husband is out looking and reported the following finds if anyone still has any holes in their collections:

Hayward TRU: (aka Union City TRU)

Several (5-6) Dexter Jettsters at 10:30am

Union City Wal-Mart:

Dozens of Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara's and
if you're still looking for him, Boba Fetts.

cancer75
05-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey guys!
I stopped by at El Cerrito Target this afternoon and they have a dozen of count Dooku, anakin angar duel and yoda!!!!!!
I also picked up Mace Windu, Darth vader and Jango fett at Toys R us in pinole. still looking for the massive wave....anyway i got four new figures in one afternoon, I got my early birthday present!........:)

asiandoood
05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
welps....seems like the dookus and yodas are finally showing up :D

c_richards
05-15-2002, 10:31 AM
So...Dooku finally rears his head! All I can say is, ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME! :)

Nothing new on this end. I am just patiently waiting for 8:15pm on Thursday May 16th to come so I can see AOTC!

I should let you all know that the article I was interviewed for DID appear in the Daily Review yesterday, Tuesday May14th. The article is not on their site as of yet, but I have been in contact with the reporter and am trying to find out what the deal is and why the only thing important from the local section of yesterday's paper is a review on the Dollar Store!

While I am sure there are people that would find that story usefull or entertaining, in my opinion, who the f**k cares? Oh well! As soon as I find out more info on the story and the site, I'll let you all know!

Until then.
MTFBWY!

stormie
05-15-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey, the Dollar Store Rocks! ;) :D

Aelina
05-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Winchester TRU 10:15am

2 Yodas
2 Dookus
Heaps of Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)

Pschtyckque
05-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Hey, guys. Found 2 sets of the Empire figures (no bloody stumps) at the Wal-Mart in Sonora, and the KB up here got in tons of Yoda, Dooku and HD Anakin yesterday.

stormie
05-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Found the Bespin wave (no bloody stumps to be seen) at the RWC TRU at lunch this afternoon. They had quite a few, plus a couple 12-inch Maces, and I saw a few Yodas and Dookus to boot! Nothing at the RWC Target or Kmart, though a fellow collector did find the 12-inch Jango at the Kmart. Good luck!

nwookie
05-15-2002, 06:04 PM
thanks Stormie. Your tireless efforts of browsing RWC TRU has gotten me Dooku and Bespin Darth.

nwookie
05-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Also, the RWC TRU had a number of figs with inserts if anyone is looking for those. I don't remember which ones, though.

Lone Jedi
05-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that the new AOTC waves are hitting in decent numbers. I haven't been toy hunting over the past two weeks though because my father's hospitalized recovering from surgery due to a cerebral aneurysm. He's doing okay, but man have things been crazy for me lately. :crazed:

On the plus side, I have tickets to see AOTC on a DLP digital screen this Friday night at the AMC Van Ness theatre. :cool:
Lates.

asiandoood
05-16-2002, 06:01 AM
Lone Jedi --- enjoy the movie :D

I just came back from the 1201 showing.... ...im speechless

as for the bespin wave.... i hope to pick up vader and luke. i found the 12 inch windu at TRU in Newark. there were at least 3 left.

c_richards
05-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Lone Jedi
Hey guys, I'm glad to hear that the new AOTC waves are hitting in decent numbers. I haven't been toy hunting over the past two weeks though because my father's hospitalized recovering from surgery due to a cerebral aneurysm. He's doing okay, but man have things been crazy for me lately. :crazed:

On the plus side, I have tickets to see AOTC on a DLP digital screen this Friday night at the AMC Van Ness theatre. :cool:
Lates.

Lone Jedi-
I hope your father gets better soon! I haven't been toy hunting in a while since I am still trying to recover from April 23rd, and my business has been going haywire, which is good!

I've been in either design meetings, working on client projects, or on the road making client calls and haven't had an opportunity to even stop to look!

Oh well....tonight I see AOTC, and I am hoping to relax.
Talk to you all soon
MTFBWY!

c_richards
05-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Hey all,

As many of you know, I told you that I was going to be interviewed by a local paper for an article on STAR WARS. Well, the interview took place, the pictures were taken...and the article was published on May 14th, 2002!

Sadly, the article has not appeared on the site as of yet. I have also created a 760k file/scan, it may be a bit muddled, and the photo might be a bit grainy, but at least it's available to view! :)

If you want to see the 760 version, the url is:
http://www.moscorp.net/chris/content/starwars1.pdf

Enjoy the article and MTFBWY!

stormie
05-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Cool article Chris. Too bad there weren't more pictures of your collection. :)

Yeah, I'm missing that dang Yakface too!;)

Thunder408
05-16-2002, 11:50 PM
i found several dooku's at the toys r us in almaden, thanks to whoever for the info on the bespin wave. like everyone else im still looking for royal guard and luminara... and for some reason a r2d2... anyone have any suggestions where to get this guy? im looking for him mint on card... also anyone find any figures from the quigon wave?

c_richards
05-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone...

Well, what can I say about Episode II without revealing MAJOR spoilers to those that haven't seen it?

Simple.....IT FREAKING ROCKED!

The story was great, the action was sweet, and the let's not forget Padme is still a hot babe! :)

I was expecting to be disappointed that Yoda was CGI, but I was blown away at how well they made him look when compared to the muppet. Of course, you can tell he's CGI, but the fact that they got a lot of the subtle neuances that were evident in the puppet was astounding!

I will be seeing this film again. When? I have no idea, but I know it will be soon!

I was surprised that the theater wasn't sold out! I estimate there were at least a good 50% of the seats left when the movie started, and once the movie began, they stayed empty. Of course the real test will be this weekend! :)

Lucas does it again, and delievered a wonderful tale from that galaxy far far away!

PS - Jar Jar is annoying still...but he's only annoying enough....not over bearing as in Episode I! :)

Lone Jedi
05-18-2002, 02:36 PM
c_richards: thanks for the warm wishes, my father is recovering fine and will be discharged soon.

I'm glad to see you enjoyed AOTC, but you simply HAVE TO see it digitally. I am very reluctant now to watch any movie on traditional film anymore. You can bet that I'll be watching Episode III on a DLP screen! :D

On a side note, I went with 4 friends, one of which was a ST fan and he said he genuinely enjoyed the film (I was shocked).

Pellaeon
05-20-2002, 02:16 PM
I see these showing up around the country, but no posts yet for our area. Anyone find them? I will start hunting yet again. Ho hum, just when I though I could rest.....

BTW, Lone Jedi, it was nice to finally meet you on midnight madness.

Also, I did pick up a Jorg Sacul off of E-bay for ~$65. Not sure that is good, but, I figure it was cheaper doing this than spending the $$ on hotel/airtravel fees to Indianapolis.....

Grayhank
05-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Scored pretty good this weekend. Picked up Qui-Gon, Orn Free Ta, Endor Soldier and Massiff at Windsor Wal-Mart.

K-Mart had the 12" Jango Fett but I passed on this one because it looked a little beat up. (Also because I was unimpressed by the figure in general.)

Got the Action Figure Poster at TRU on Saturday.

Got Mace, Jango and Darth Vader last week but still no signs of Bespin Luke. He's going to be the "thorn in my side" I think. Everyone I talk to seems to see him all the time but somehow I keep missing it.

Lots of Royal Guards, Luminaras and Taun Wes in the area. And Dooku has been showing up more frequently. Even saw a Yoda once or twice. Zam Wessell with "Face Reveal Mask" sticker seems to be the more common now.

That's about it for the North Bay.

A friend in SF found the Orn Free Ta wave at KBs at Stonestown so those of you who live in or near the city might want to check there.

Later guys.

fightoned
05-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Walmart had nothing new as of lunch time today.

Target had Dookus, Lum.., and royal guards. Lots of them as of Lunch time today.

Went to TRU on Winchester Saturday but there wasn't any posters or comics given out.

I am happy I found Darth and Luke but after that day, I haven't seen any other new releases. I am so bummed.

Later.

c_richards
05-20-2002, 04:11 PM
I see these showing up around the country, but no posts yet for our area. Anyone find them? I will start hunting yet again. Ho hum, just when I though I could rest.....

BTW, Lone Jedi, it was nice to finally meet you on midnight madness.

Also, I did pick up a Jorg Sacul off of E-bay for ~$65. Not sure that is good, but, I figure it was cheaper doing this than spending the $$ on hotel/airtravel fees to Indianapolis.....
Hey Pellaeon-

Sounds interesting. I haven't seen Djas Puhr, or anything else. I haven't even seen Endor Soldier, Orn Free Tah, Massif, Luke, Vader, etc. yet! I am also looking for the 12" Fett, but same as ther 3&3/4"...nothing found here!

Maybe I need to broaded my search, and also hit TRU in Newark. I haven't been there in a long while! :)

Oh well, MTFBWY!

c_richards
05-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey all-

I just got back from a really quick spree of New Park Mall, Newark.

Newark TRU -
Only 1 Vader left, card was bent, but since I didn't have it, I bought it anyways, figuring as soon as I got one more, I could open him and display him at work!

At least a good half dozen 12" Mace dolls left, no 12" Jangos.

Target, New Park Mall -

Old stuff from 4/23 release. 1 12" Clone Trooper and about 4 - 5 12" Obi-Wan's left.

K&B, New Park Mall -
Pulled a Mace Windu - Geonosian Rescue, Jango Fett - Final Battle (x2, one to open), Darth Vader - Bespin Duel, and Luke Skywalker - Bespin Duel (magnet, non-bloody variant.) K&B has marked the figures down from $7.99, to $5.99, so they are comperable with TRU, Wal-Mart, and Target. Looks like K-Mart is the only place that still sells 3&3/4" figures for $6.99 each!

Happy Hunting everyone, and MTFBWY!

JDMB16A
05-21-2002, 03:15 PM
I was at the TRU in emeryville...They had tons of the Bespin Wave there....Sorry No Bloody Hand Lukes...=P believe me I checked...

Hth JDM

Thunder408
05-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Tons of them at toys r us as of this morning, lots of lukes (no bloddy hand tho) @ the TRU on blossom hill and the one on winchester. Found luminara, red royal guards, and target on stevens creek, also the same at walmart on monterey. Hope this helps... anyone find the figures #32 - #35 ????
please post

c_richards
05-22-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey all-

No Qui-Gon, Massif, Endor Rebel Soldier, or Orn Free Taa yet.

Does anyone know if the Endor Solider has 2 variants? I heard they were going to do one clean shaven and one with a goatee/moustache or beard/moustache.

Is this info wrong, or are there really 5 new figures in the next wave?

HH and MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
05-22-2002, 06:34 PM
c-richards,

I have reserved that wave for you. Please read my E-mail to you sent this morning.

c_richards
05-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Pelleaon-

I never got an email from you. Let me email you my work address just in case my account is going flakey!

RooJay
05-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by c_richards
Hey all-

No Qui-Gon, Massif, Endor Rebel Soldier, or Orn Free Taa yet.

Does anyone know if the Endor Solider has 2 variants? I heard they were going to do one clean shaven and one with a goatee/moustache or beard/moustache.

Is this info wrong, or are there really 5 new figures in the next wave?

HH and MTFBWY!
There are definitely two versions of the Endor Rebel Soldier. The one shipping right now is the goateed version. The clean shaven version will ship later this summer.

asiandoood
05-22-2002, 09:03 PM
wednesday-- 5/22

TRU winchester had 6 12" jango fetts, 2 bespin vaders, 1 yoda.

i picked up a jango fett, awesome 12 inch fig!! ..and one bespin vader... yoda was tempting...but i let the kids have it :)

fightoned
05-22-2002, 11:17 PM
Ugh I was just at the Winchester TRU at about 7PM and there wasn't any Jango 12"! I could tell they added some stuff but I couldn't get there any soon. Bummer!

c_richards
05-23-2002, 10:46 AM
c-richards,

I have reserved that wave for you. Please read my E-mail to you sent this morning.
Thanks for reserving the wave for me. Now that makes my collection complete.

I will put aside a set of the figure for you if I come across the new waves, and next time we meet up, I'll have a Lego Clonetrooper for ya! :)

I can't use four of them! :)
MTFBWY!

Lone Jedi
05-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Sorry for being clueless, but how many new figures have been released recently? I'm having a hard time keeping up; I still don't have the first 27! :dead:

c_richards
05-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Lone Jedi-

I think after the initial 27 that came out, there has been a total of 8 more figures released bringing the total number of figures since 4/23 to 35. According to Pelleaon, Djas Puhr, Palpatine, and possible others have been released, but as of yet, I have no seen the waves here. but I can safely say there are at least 35 figures out at this time.

the last 2 waves that I know of are:

wave "b"
Jango Fett (Final Battle)
Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)

wave "c"
Massiff w/ Geonosian Warrior
Endor Rebel Soldier
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
Orn Free Taa

Hope the info helps.

MTFBWY!

RooJay
05-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Concord TRU this morning had plenty of Bespin Luke, Bespin Vader, Final Battle Jango, Geonosis Rescue Mace Windu, and at least a few Luminara Unduli. No Dooku, Taun We, or any of the latest waves.

fightoned
05-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Qui-Gon, Massif, Endor Rebel Soldier, or Orn Free Taa!!!!

I found them at two KB toys! One at the Westgate mall off Saratoga Ave and the one in Safeway mini mall off Steven's Creek. There were 3-4 of each at both stores. Good Luck!

Thunder408
05-24-2002, 12:25 AM
westgate mall? stevens creek????
time to go hunting at winchester TRU and target @ stevens creek
ill post my findings tomorrow if i see anything.... if anyone else finds em nearby... please post!

Thunder408
05-24-2002, 02:22 PM
i found leftovers, nothing really momc
here's wat's left over

TRU winchester
4 dookues

KB Toys westgae
2 orn free
2 rebel soldiers

KB Toys stevens creek
2 quigon
2 rebel soldiers

KB Toys Oakridge
1 rebel soldier

feels like i got there for the left overs, even the ones i got arent MOMC.... didnt even see massiff /w genosian warrior

ppleeeeaaase post more
hope this helps someone

c_richards
05-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I think the Massiff w/ Geonosian Warriors are short packed. I could be wrong, but it looks like they are the hardest of the sets to find. I got lucky and with thanks to Pelleaon, I was able to get the entire wave!

Nothing new to report in the East Bay.
According to Pelleaon, Djas Puhr and Palpatine is shipping, but I have yet to see any evidence of it!

HH and MTFBWY!
BTW - I believe TRU is going to be giving out the Saga 2002 Posters Starting Sunday!
I plan to get one! :)

Thunder408
05-24-2002, 03:00 PM
i thought i read somewhere it said massif/genosian warriors come in same amounts as the others per case
2 of each, except of the older ones they throw in 1x dexter or 1x taun we....
i think....

Lone Jedi
05-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Damn, I really need to get out. :stupid:

Lone Jedi
05-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Oops, I hit submit a bit prematurely.

Pellaeon, it was nice to meet you too :)

c_richards, thanks for the lowdown.

realitytrip
05-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Finally found the Bespin Wave at the SF TRU. Not many Lukes left... (heh...plenty of maces....warming pegs already). I don't think there were any Bloody Lukes, but I could be wrong.....

Grayhank
05-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Chancellor Palpatine and Djas Puhr are indeed out. A friend picked them up for me today at KBs in SF. I have not seen them yet personally but will get them from him on Tuesday.

Finally got my Bespin Lukes (ordered 2) today through the fan club. I got tired of looking and they were the same price as most places. They were well packed in the box.

The hottest two figures here in the north bay are Luke and Massiff. Both of which disappear very quickly. All the other releases so far are in good supply.

asiandoood
05-25-2002, 03:54 AM
i passed up 1 dooku, 1 yoda, 3 royal gaurds, 6 taun we, 6 endor rebel trooper, 2 massif, 6 orn free ta.

now that is some will power :eek:

Slacker Jedi
05-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Stopped by SF TRU this morning... they have TONS of Bespin wave (Vader-Luke-Mace-Jango Final Battle)... there's more shelf space for figures right now than there was when the movie had just opened.

They have started using the wall on the main SW display area.

asiandoood, where did you see the endor rebel trooper? Was it the one w/ goatee or clean-shaven?

asiandoood
05-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
Stopped by SF TRU this morning... they have TONS of Bespin wave (Vader-Luke-Mace-Jango Final Battle)... there's more shelf space for figures right now than there was when the movie had just opened.

They have started using the wall on the main SW display area.

asiandoood, where did you see the endor rebel trooper? Was it the one w/ goatee or clean-shaven?

silver creek target in san jose. i think they just put out the new cases in the middle of the day or something. somebody must of hit it up before me though..b/c there wasnt any luke or vader bespins on the pegs. it was the goatee version for the soldier.

Thunder408
05-25-2002, 05:42 PM
yo asiandood

since i live nearby
can you let me know when you go hunting for stuff? and where you go?
i can also let you know where i get my stuff and what comes out, this way it'll be easier to hit more stores and get more stuff instead of going to the same places x2

thanks

Lone Jedi
05-26-2002, 02:21 AM
I finally found Luminara and Taun We at the Foster City TRU, still looking for the ERG though. The Greatlands Target didn't have anything new. I also got the Bespin wave at the Emeryville TRU yesterday. It's very suspicious how all the Jangos and Vaders had their cards bent in the same place. :mad:

Thunder408
05-26-2002, 02:40 AM
i dont even think there is a such thing! where did you guys read/hear of this? i would assume if such a variant existed some scalper on ebay would be getting a ton of bids / $$$$. i couldnt find one listed or completed on ebay... all the ones that are pictured all have a goatee...

maybe its just me, but i dont think there is a variant

RooJay
05-26-2002, 04:53 AM
Both the goatee'd and clean shaven versions are listed AND have photos posted in SSG's picture archive. BOTH versions will be released, with the clean shaven version to appear sometime later in the summer.

Thunder408
05-26-2002, 05:22 AM
i stand corrected...
thanks for the info...
but i still think its cheesy

mistikal07
05-26-2002, 06:54 AM
I found the goatee one tonight at Walmart (Union City). If I had known there were two kinds, I would've paid more attention to the facial sculpts. They had about 15 on the pegs. No Djar Puhrs or Palpatines in sight though. Anyone know what Collection and Wave these two figures are in? peace....

Grayhank
05-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Thrawn had reported recently about the Endor Soldier having two versions. He got the info from his Hasbro source and yes there were pictures posted from Hasbro's booth at one of the conventions. The goateed one will be shipped until 50% of the allotted number are made. Then the clean shaven version will be made for the remaining 50%. It's the same set up as the POTJ Biker Scout which was originally clean then battle damaged. Since the wave just started I believe it will be awhile before we start seeing the clean shaven version.

Slacker Jedi
05-26-2002, 03:24 PM
I think it's a great idea to have two "different" Endor soldiers, it's great for army-building! And since it's not an accidental variation, neither one should be harder to find over the long run.

Stopped by SFTRU today... found an R2D2 with backdrop!! But still no word on the Hasbro poster...

Slacker Jedi
05-26-2002, 04:51 PM
Oh, one more thing... this isn't strictly "just found" material, but since we're all Bay Area collectors...

I stopped by FAO Schwartz in Union Square... I thought I might as well go ahead and pre-order my Imperial Shuttle, even if it's not supposed to be out until December...

I was expecting the clerks there wouldn't know about it; instead, the guy I talked to said they've already got 250 pre-orders.

Yikes! He even said he's not sure if there'll be enough shuttles to satisfy all pre-orders....

Goodness gracious...

asiandoood
05-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Oh, one more thing... this isn't strictly "just found" material, but since we're all Bay Area collectors...

I stopped by FAO Schwartz in Union Square... I thought I might as well go ahead and pre-order my Imperial Shuttle, even if it's not supposed to be out until December...

I was expecting the clerks there wouldn't know about it; instead, the guy I talked to said they've already got 250 pre-orders.

Yikes! He even said he's not sure if there'll be enough shuttles to satisfy all pre-orders....

Goodness gracious...

i just want that Millenium Falcon and ATAT display :D

IG-89
05-26-2002, 11:10 PM
holy crap! 250???
What if i ordered mine about 2 months ago but i have yet to receive any email confirmations or anything like that?

Dang, thinking about ordering another one if i can....

Thunder408
05-27-2002, 03:06 AM
i went to a walmart just right before they closed... they had the palletes out n stuff... and i saw a e2 col 4 wave 3 box on the floor emptied....
probably something new that i needed... any ideas what was in it?

mistikal07
05-27-2002, 03:09 AM
That box I believe is the Bespin Luke, Vader, Jango, and Mace. I opened a couple at the Union City Walmart yesterday.

Thunder408
05-27-2002, 03:20 AM
i was just at the union city walmart.... 1st time being there... but tons of people... nothing i needed

i saw the box at the milpitas walmart... glad it wasnt something i needed ( massiff or the palpatine + other guy)

if anyone spots the orn free ta wave at any TRU please let me know
thanks!

mistikal07
05-27-2002, 03:29 AM
I'm in need of a Palpatine and Puhr, you think they'll have them at Walmart Milpitas tomorrow?

Thunder408
05-27-2002, 03:36 AM
i highly doubt it
i checked the boxes n stuff they had on the palletes... nothing of e2... besides that one opened box on the floor

have you got the orn free ta wave yet?

Thunder408
05-27-2002, 03:38 AM
I'm on aim right now (24/7) if you (or if anyone else) wants to contact me about whats found when....

Slacker Jedi
05-27-2002, 02:36 PM
Well, I stopped by FAO Schwarz today just to make sure & preorder 2 -instead of 1- Shuttle Tydirums.

The lady I talked to *this* time said that they actually weren't allowed to say how many people had placed pre-orders, but that they were *quite* sure they'd be able to fill all the orders.

Well, come December, I will have one to open and one to keep MIB...

IG-89
05-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Found 2 yodas at San Mateo TRU this morning (5/28).

No sign of Orn Free Taa wave here, although i was able to find Marvel Legends figures here clearanced for $1.14!!! Can you believe i bought new toys for just over a buck???

Slacker Jedi
05-28-2002, 03:31 PM
BTW, I don't collect Lego's, but if you do, please be aware that the TIE Interceptor is on sale, 1/3 off regular price, at SF TRU...

Lone Jedi
05-29-2002, 06:09 PM
I checked out the Geary St. TRU in SF on Memorial Day. I'd never seen so many figures on the pegs and in the bins before. They had all the figures except Yoda, Dooku, and the Qui-Gon wave. I finally got my Royal Guard :cool:

c_richards
05-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone.

I was out surfing the web, and found that bigbadtoystore, http://www.bigbadtoystore.com shows they have Deluxe Anakin and the Nexu for sale. I went to check them out, but sadly both are currently sold out. I thought I would give you all a heads up that they are shipping!

Has anyone here even seen the 12" Deluxe Jango? I haven't seen him ANYWHERE! I am getting concerned because he's up for bid on ebay, but I don't want to pay 75, 90, 100, 150 and up for a doll that I know I can get for $39.99 if I find him in the stores!

ANy help as to where he might be located in San Leandro, Fremont, Newark, Hayward, woul be great! Pelleaon, if you happen to get one....can you see about picking one up for me too? I'll get you back if you can....if not it's cool!

THX for the eveyone!

MTFBWY!

asiandoood
05-30-2002, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone.

I was out surfing the web, and found that bigbadtoystore, http://www.bigbadtoystore.com shows they have Deluxe Anakin and the Nexu for sale. I went to check them out, but sadly both are currently sold out. I thought I would give you all a heads up that they are shipping!

Has anyone here even seen the 12" Deluxe Jango? I haven't seen him ANYWHERE! I am getting concerned because he's up for bid on ebay, but I don't want to pay 75, 90, 100, 150 and up for a doll that I know I can get for $39.99 if I find him in the stores!

ANy help as to where he might be located in San Leandro, Fremont, Newark, Hayward, woul be great! Pelleaon, if you happen to get one....can you see about picking one up for me too? I'll get you back if you can....if not it's cool!

THX for the eveyone!

MTFBWY!

Im around fremont, hayward, san leandro area, but I ran into 8 deluxe jangos 2 weeks ago at the winchester TRU in san jose.
i also heard many Kmarts have them for cheaper at 32.99 i believe.

i got mine at TRU prices. 39.99... ouch.

i'll keep an eye out for ya.

c_richards
05-30-2002, 04:25 PM
THX Asiandood!

Slacker Jedi
05-30-2002, 05:20 PM
The 12" Jango Fett doesn't have anything electronic, does it? It would be cool if it was like the 12" Vader that had some lines & lightsaber sounds...

c_richards
05-30-2002, 05:30 PM
I don't think so. I do know the "Ultimate Villian" has removeable armor, helmet, 2 packs, and a bunch of other stuff. I could be wrong, but I think they are coming out with an electronic Jango later on.... it's either electronic, or it's a room alarm! :)

Thunder408
05-31-2002, 03:02 AM
orn free taa quigon rebel soldier and massiff!
WHERE ARE You?!!?!?

c_richards
05-31-2002, 12:13 PM
try http://www.bigbadtoystore.com, they have a set of all 4 for $31.95, plus $4.99 for shipping. They still have it in stock, but act quick...they can sell out at any time!

Hope the info helps! :)

MTFBWY!

asiandoood
05-31-2002, 02:56 PM
i felt like i let a lot go.

I came across a few orn free ta, rebel soldiers and massif at Target. They were adbundant so I didnt think it was that hard to get. Damn.

Slacker Jedi
05-31-2002, 03:47 PM
I stopped by SF TRU and Stonestown KB Friday morning... nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing but pegwarmers... *sigh* Orn Free Taa wave, where art thou?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

fightoned
05-31-2002, 07:38 PM
I went to Walmart and Target in Mt View yesterday and there were no new waves.

Today I checked out the Sunnyvale Target and TRU, and the Vallco KB. The good news is just about everything from #1 to Dooku was available but nothing after those waves.

The big surprise (to me at least) was finding EPISODE I AMMO WAGON & FALUMPASET at the KB on Stevens Creek. THey wanted $10. I never saw it before and was excited to get one.

Good luck this weekend.

Ed

Thunder408
06-01-2002, 04:31 PM
This is more of a complaint than whats found.

Ii'm starting to hate going to stores and looking for figures. I see the same ones all the time... and if i don't wake up at the crack of sunlight to go get some of these newer figures, i won't get any at all! just this morning I went to 2 different targets, and found a ton of dexter and one mace windu at one store.... and the other had one rebel soldier. The figures were there... but all gone =(
I prefer not to pay online 8-9 a figure... that's just working against me... more scalpers will go buy out the stores... and ill be waisting my time looking for stuff that can't be found....

anyone have any suggestions on where to go to get stuff?
i remembered winchester TRU being the only store where they had a ton of the bespin wave for several days. I wish all stores are like that.

Slacker Jedi
06-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey, I got lucky today at a nearby Target... got the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin w/ Slashing Action. Got the last ones, too!

I like the Nexu... its tail is bendable... and you get to push its tongue!! ;)

But I, too, am tired of looking for new figures and seeing nothing new pretty much all the time.

fightoned
06-01-2002, 09:39 PM
What Target?

Thunder408
06-02-2002, 12:48 AM
i saw some at the stevens creek target....
but some lady snatched em all up... im happy i didnt want any delux figures, if i did... i would have grabbed a lightsabre off the shelf and yoda-ed her @$$ for takin em all
HAHAHAHAHAH

man im getting more ****y and meaner each day i see no new figures....

jedibear
06-03-2002, 01:07 AM
thunder 408....

be patient...I too have a regular job that keeps me from getting to the stores like I used to...but I have to say this time around, within a couple of weeks of hearing stuff hitting, I'm managing to find stuff.
Picked up the Orn Free Taa wave last week at RP WalMart (thanks to Grayhank for snagging the massifs for me!) & even Dooku & Yoda are starting to appear with regularity around here in the northbay (although Yoda is still the first to go)

Don't forget...we've got a brand-new film supporting the line right now & I'm seeing more collectors than ever hovering over the pegs (including more kids...which I think is great!). Yeah, it's a pain when we read of stupid case assortments (like the new Han/Chewie wave packing ONE figure each), but...hang in there. You'll find what you're hunting for....

c_richards
06-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey Guys..
Thought I would report in about the weekend.
Friday night I picked up the Nexu and Ani at Target in SL. they had 2 of each on the pegs when I got there at about 6:30, the problem was the cards were totally jacked!

Pelleaon, I would have gotten the Nexu for you, but the cards were too jacked up to justify getting it! I got one for me with the hopes that if I find them again, I can take the ones I have now, and open them!

No signs of the Djas Puhr, Palpatine, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan, etc. Still no signs of the 12" "Ultimate Villian" Jango Fett. I did manage to score one of the TRU posters showing the first 4 figures of the '02 releases. Apparently, at least at TRU in Hayward, in order to get one, you need to buy something STAR WARS. Thanks to me knowing a lot of people that work there, I was able to get one for free w/o having to buy a single thing! I can now add that to my poster I have showing the POTF line from 1995 - 1998

Saturday night, my buddy and I went to see Episode II again, and this time I was amazed at how full the theater was! Sadly, I woke up this morning to see STAR WARS dropped to #2, thanks to "The Sum Of All Fears". Oh well, I guess we should let Ben Affleck taste the sweet nectar of the #1 spot for a while! :)

I also got a chance to see part of "Inside the Actors Studio" with James Lipton. The guest was Samuel L. Jackson, and he talked about how George directed him in clones during the Arena battle saying things like, "Block shots", "there something the size of an SUV coming at you...kill it!" It was a pretty decent show and had some behind the scenes shots of Jackson playing Windu in front of a green screen.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

stormie
06-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Dropped by Target in RWC on Saturday afternoon and also found the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin/Geonosian. A little pricey for the Nexu; $9.99, but, of course, I willingly paid. ;)

Slacker Jedi
06-03-2002, 02:45 PM
What's RWC?

Anyway, I opened up my Anakin/Geonosian, I have to say I'm not crazy about Anakin's face or arm movement, but the Geonosian is the best one they've made. Unlike the first two (Geonosian Warrior & Geonosian w/Massiff), it's not... squatting? It stands fully upright and it looks nicer that way, plus you can spread its wings out and it looks cool.

Anyway, I guess like most of you I will continue hunting for Orn Free Taa wave...

c_richards
06-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Slacker-

If my sources are correct, I believe RWC is - Redwood City :)

I am going to wait on opening my Ani w/ Geonosian or Nexu until I can get one where the card isn't so jacked up! :)

MTFBWY

stormie
06-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Yes indeed, RWC = Redwood City. ;)

Just in case I use it again in the near future, MV is, and will continue to be Mountain View.

...And SOL is what I frequently am when I go toy huntin'! :D

c_richards
06-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Stormie-
Come on...everyone knows that SOL really means "Sattelite Of Love" :)

What about the other City Abbreviations like
EPA - East Palo Alto
SJ - San Jose
SL - San Leandro
SLz - San Lorenzo
UC - Union City
and let's not forget my favorite abbreviation:

ROTFL :)

Any one have any luck finding the new Ultimate Jango? Still no luck. I looked Saturday and Sunday, went to Newpark, K-Mart, Target, Wally World, TRU, and still no luck. The only glimmer was at Newark TRU when I was told the only Jango Fett they had in their systems was for a 12" doll that was at a price point of $19.99.

MTFBWY!

asiandoood
06-03-2002, 08:07 PM
Any one have any luck finding the new Ultimate Jango? Still no luck. I looked Saturday and Sunday, went to Newpark, K-Mart, Target, Wally World, TRU, and still no luck. The only glimmer was at Newark TRU when I was told the only Jango Fett they had in their systems was for a 12" doll that was at a price point of $19.99.

MTFBWY!

price point?...

...im still looking out for you...im surprised that i havent came across another one yet.

c_richards
06-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Price Point is retail jargon for what they are selling it for.
As you may or may not know, I was a former Target Team Member at the SL store. During my 4-year tenure, I picked up a lot of "shop speak" like Price Point, POS (point of sale), and other garbage.

Now that I am the owner of my own company in the IT/Internet/Web Services area, I tend to use a lot more "geek speak", but every once and a while, the retail side comes through and I revert back to using that jargon.

Could have been worse.... At least most of the people I know kinda understand me. If all else fails, I'll speak TV and see what happens then! :)

See ya!

MTFBWY

asiandoood
06-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Price Point is retail jargon for what they are selling it for.
As you may or may not know, I was a former Target Team Member at the SL store. During my 4-year tenure, I picked up a lot of "shop speak" like Price Point, POS (point of sale), and other garbage.

Now that I am the owner of my own company in the IT/Internet/Web Services area, I tend to use a lot more "geek speak", but every once and a while, the retail side comes through and I revert back to using that jargon.

Could have been worse.... At least most of the people I know kinda understand me. If all else fails, I'll speak TV and see what happens then! :)

See ya!

MTFBWY

cool..thanks for the info..

now i felt i got ripped off... 19.99 for jango where i payed their 39.99 retail... arghhhh

c_richards
06-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Asiandood-

Did you get the Ultimate Jango? If so..then it is $39.99.
the $19.99 has to be another Jango coming out. What it is...I have no idea, maybe along the same lines as the 12" Zam that's coming out! But if you got the Ultimate Jango..then $39.99 is a decent price! :)

Sorry for the confusion!

MTFBWY!

asiandoood
06-04-2002, 05:01 PM
Asiandood-

Did you get the Ultimate Jango? If so..then it is $39.99.
the $19.99 has to be another Jango coming out. What it is...I have no idea, maybe along the same lines as the 12" Zam that's coming out! But if you got the Ultimate Jango..then $39.99 is a decent price! :)

Sorry for the confusion!

MTFBWY!

yea...i got the ultimate jango for TRU's 39.99

whew...thought they dropped the prices already :crazed:

Thunder408
06-04-2002, 05:15 PM
for those of you that go to winchester TRU...
when you guys saw the bespin wave there, was that during the time when they first arrived? or did it take a few weeks before they showed up there?

im just hoping it'll apply to the orn free taa wave... upon release, nowhere to be found... several weeks later BAMM, tons on the pegs at winchester

:D

Pellaeon
06-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Got the Nexu and Anakin Deluxe figures at San Leandro Target this morning.

Also got the 12" Jango Fett from Emeryville TRU. They had many

fightoned
06-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Thunder408

I found the bespin wave right when they came out. That was a while ago. Look back on one of my old posts if you want to know exactly when.

I never seemed to see them again. I would still have hope because most stores are not very efficient in putting out product.

good luck.

c_richards
06-05-2002, 10:53 AM
This might not be of any interest to any of you, but I thought I would post it just in case.

Over the past weekend, I noticed Waldenbooks, K-Mart (San Leandro) and I think even the B. Dalton at Newpark had STAR WARS AOTC 2002-2003 Wall Calendars for sale. If I remember correctly, they were $14.99 a piece.

No new figures in my scans since the Orn Free Taa/Vader waves arrived 3 or so weeks ago.

I did find the Nexu and Ani at SL Target about 2 weeks ago, but the cards on the figures were severly bent and creased. I got the best of the batch, but was not totally free and clear of getting a mint card.

Also, if any of you are interested, the Suncoast store at Newpark Mall, has some STAR WARS merchandise. No figures, but things like cards, t-shirts, cups, etc.

I picked up a collectible tin/bank from AOTC but the film title is written in the old style like ESB, RTOJ. The graphic is a nice picture of Dooku/Tryannus, Zam, Jango, Sidious, and a shot of the Gunship with Clone Troopers running out.

The tin is produced by NECA and has a serial number of a run of pieces. I got #07454/10000. The tin is also marked under the UPC with the word Villians. I would assume they have one for heroes, but I did not see it. It was $9.99, and the lid on the tin has a slot in the top where one can put coins or bills for safe keeping in the tin.

The other item I recently bought was a Wall Clock by the same company. This one was called Heroes, and had a prodominate photo of Ani with his lightsaber lit, 2 clone troopers in the background, and Jango flying in the lower left hand corner. There are no numbers placed on the face or frame so telling let alone setting time is a bit hard for those that can't look at a clock quickly tell time w/o seeing numbers! :) It uses one AA battery, and says it is Quartz movement. It cost $19.99 and was also available from Suncoast.

Hope the info helps.
Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

asiandoood
06-05-2002, 02:58 PM
hey guys...

I just visited the local Border's books in Newark. If you are interested in the Masterpiece collections of the 12 inch C3PO or Aurra Sing, they dropped the prices down to 19.99.

These are the figures that come with the book and display case. I believe they use to go for 49 bucks or something like that.... just want to let you know :)

c_richards
06-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Asiandood-

Did you happen to see the Anakin/Vader one? I already have 3PO and Aura Sing.

I believe they went for $75 a piece...but that included a book and a 12" Doll. In the case w/ 3PO, you can remove his arms, legs, and if I remember right, head.

Thanks for the 411 and the heads up! :)

MTFBWY

Slacker Jedi
06-05-2002, 03:34 PM
I was at the Sunnyvale Target this morning, just as an employee was changing the price on the pegs down to 4.99 on all SW figures!!! :)

The MV Target had some Nexus and Deluxe Anakins in the morning, but the cards were not so great.

Re the Masterpiece Threepio & Aurra Sing, they also have some of those at Borders Union Square, also at 19.99. And they have tons of Threepios. :)

mola ram
06-05-2002, 05:09 PM
I was at the Blossom Hill Toysrus in San Jose today at opening and saw four 12" Jango Fetts in case anyone is looking.

The target on Silver Creek in San Jose had the Nexu and Anakin on 6/4/02 along with the bespin wave.

asiandoood
06-05-2002, 08:20 PM
c_richards:

i didnt see the Annakin/Vader. I was looking for that one :D

fightoned
06-05-2002, 09:12 PM
I decided to avoid Target today and now I missed out an all the anakins and Nexus bummer!

Anyway I just got back from Winchester TRU. THey had ultimate Jano/Boba and Maul for 14.99 each! The Jano 12" was also there. There were several of each but you have to go around the corner near a check out stand to find them. I didn't get any because I am only focusing on the 3/4" line. They looked great!

Lone Jedi
06-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, I have a 12" Masterpiece Darth Vader figure and book that I've been meaning to get rid of for some time. It was a gift, but I don't collect the 12" series. LMK if you are interested.

I plan on hitting some stores this Friday and will let you all know if I find anything of interest.

mola ram
06-06-2002, 12:38 PM
More Nexu and Anakin/Deluxe at Silver Creek Target this morning.

Also, Blossom Hill Toysrus still has two 12" jangos.

c_richards
06-06-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks to Pelleaon, my search for the 12" Jango is over. Again, many thanks Pelleaon for the help! I got that Lego Clone Trooper for ya too!

Nothing new for me lately since I am waiting to get my paycheck! :)

After I get paid...then I can expect to hit the stores with a vengance, and do some "shopping!"

I am debating about buying another Bespin Luke....if I can find him to pose him with my Vader I opened to recreate the battle on Bespin. I have started to create a hall of Bounty Hunters on my desk at work, and right now it consists of Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and Zam Wessel. I know I have an opened Bossk, 4-LOM, and I believe Dengar somewhere, and I know I have an extra Zuckuss laying around! :)

Until I get a chance to go out and have "fun"...take care everyone...

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
06-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Hi there,
Could anybody here tell me how to get to RWC TRU from a Caltrain station? I don't have a car!

Also, are there any Targets near Caltrain stations, aside from the ones in San Bruno, Showers Dr. and Sunnyvale?

Oh, I almost forgot... KB in Stonestown doesn't have any new figures Thursday, but for some strange reason they just put out a bunch of Darth Maul electronic lightsabers at 9.99 each. Go figure...

stormie
06-06-2002, 03:49 PM
Just picked up the Ultimate Jango at the RWC Kmart. There were like 3 or so left. Nothing else new at the RWC stores (Target, TRU, and Kmart). Good luck!

Slacker Jedi-- I'm not sure exactly how to get there (or even what street it's on--though it's just off of Veterans, near Kaiser Hospital, so is the Kmart), but the TRU is fairly close (maybe less than a mile) to the Redwood City Station...just due east. If you look at the Caltrain Website, it should show a map of the station, and it also includes surrounding streets and stuff. The map shows Mervyn's Plaza, and that's the same plaza that has the TRU. Hope this helps!

Slacker Jedi
06-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks, stormie!

Just found today (6/6):
Jango Fett Room Alarm at FAO
12" Jango Fett at SF TRU (they had about 10 or so)

I got an extra 12" Jango, if anybody here needs one, let me know ASAP. It's 43.99 + tax.

mola ram
06-07-2002, 09:33 AM
There were a bunch of the Orn Fre Ta wave at Blossom Hill Walmart in SJ this morning, 6/7.

Also, a ton of Nexu and Anakin Deluxe.

Lone Jedi
06-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Dang, that's too far outta my traveling range. Anyways, here's the scoop (or lack of it):

As of this afternoon:

SL Target had nothing
Hayward TRU had nothing
Bayfair KB had nothing

I picked up extra Jangos (Kamino Escape and Final Battle) to open since they're now $4.99.

Slacker Jedi
06-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Well, didn't see anything new in stores today, but I did get my Stormtrooper 4-pack from the Fan Club. :)

fightoned
06-07-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by mola ram
There were a bunch of the Orn Fre Ta wave at Blossom Hill Walmart in SJ this morning, 6/7.

Also, a ton of Nexu and Anakin Deluxe.

ditto for Mt View Walmart. The distribution center must have been busy last night.

FYI: I also tried to get some $$ back from Walmart because of lowering the prices to $4.77. They would only give you the lower price off your receipt if it was 7 days ago. So 4/23 was too long ago. But I got around that by buying all the figures again and walking from the check out to customer service in order to return them with my 4/23 receipts. Saved about $30 by doing that.

Thunder408
06-08-2002, 01:49 PM
THANKS MOLA RAM!
got my orn free taa wave now
happy!!! =D

asiandoood
06-08-2002, 02:31 PM
now im sitting on my arse waiting for the new 12 inch wave to come out... *sigh* :frus: :p

Slacker Jedi
06-08-2002, 03:32 PM
OK, doesn't look like anybody here needs a 12" Jango...

Slacker Jedi
06-09-2002, 03:08 PM
...so I'm returning it to TRU...

asiandoood
06-09-2002, 03:54 PM
...so I'm returning it to TRU...

hahaha...im sure somebody may want it... i already have 2, but if i didnt i would of bought it off you.

i opened my second one. very cool and very poseble.

back on topic. the Orn Free Ta wave is abundant at the Union City Walmart this morning. They also had the deluxe Nexu. No signs of the Bespin luke or Vader tho.

mola ram
06-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Went to Blossom Hill Walmart in SJ this morning and found Han, Chewbacca and Obi Wan Pilot. One case, 84851001B has all of the Bespin Wave and one han solo in it. That case has no Chewbacca or Obi Wan. There is a ton of the bespin wave there if anyone needs the vader or luke. The different Jango Fetts were also there (gun fire up and gun fire down).

c_richards
06-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey guys-

Nothing new this weekend. I didn't even bother to go out. I did get my 12" Jango. Many thanks to Pellaeon for all your help! I got your Clonetrooper sitting on my desk waiting for you.

I do have to say that this has to be the best 12" figure Hasbro has made. The head sculpt is dead on, and the accessories are too cool. My only disappointment is the straps that hold the holsters to Jango's thighs are too easily opened. I would try to put them on, and strap them up, barely move the doll, and poof, I was back to square one, trying to re-strap the holsters.

I have put Jango into a plastic case that is usually ment to hold a 1:18 scale car, and it works great. I have him tied down to the base of the case, and the helmet is currently sitting at his feet. I have one of the "bendy" arms on, and the other is holding a blaster pistol.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

stormie
06-10-2002, 11:36 AM

FYI: I also tried to get some $$ back from Walmart because of lowering the prices to $4.77. They would only give you the lower price off your receipt if it was 7 days ago. So 4/23 was too long ago. But I got around that by buying all the figures again and walking from the check out to customer service in order to return them with my 4/23 receipts. Saved about $30 by doing that.

Pretty sneaky Ed, but brilliant! Everyone could use 30 more dollars to blow on Star Wars stuff! :D Too bad I didn't save any of my receipts.

asiandoood
06-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey guys-

My only disappointment is the straps that hold the holsters to Jango's thighs are too easily opened. I would try to put them on, and strap them up, barely move the doll, and poof, I was back to square one, trying to re-strap the holsters.

yeah!!! i hate that!.. i took about 45 minutes trying to keep the straps on when i first got it....now i just gave up and leave it alone :frus: :D

king4lkw
06-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by asiandoood

yeah!!! i hate that!.. i took about 45 minutes trying to keep the straps on when i first got it....now i just gave up and leave it alone :frus: :D

me too, I just used one of the twisties that came with the fig and put it through the tiny holes in the holster to keep it on. otherwise... Hasbro, wassa dey tinkin?! ;)

c_richards
06-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by king4lkw
me too, I just used one of the twisties that came with the fig and put it through the tiny holes in the holster to keep it on.

You used the little wire attachment thingys? Did that work well or is it passable? I have some black "florist" wire that came with another case that's really thin. I wonder if that would do the trick and let me use the doll for more than just a display piece.

Does anyone know if Hasbro is coming out with another 12" Jango boxed like Mace, Obi-Wan, Ani, or the Clone? I recall the TRU in Newark saying they had a 12" Jango in their computer, but he was priced at $19.99. Can anyone confirm or deny the existance of such a figure, and if it is confirmed, what assortment he'll be packed with?

THX

MTFBWY!

Thunder408
06-10-2002, 06:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOO.!!!!
went to walmart blossom hill
all i saw was the bespin wave!!!
mola man... did you see obi wan, chewbacca, solo?????

Slacker Jedi
06-10-2002, 10:08 PM
*sigh*
Looks like out of all the Bay Area, SF is often the last place to get a lot of the new stuff...
"We're doomed to suffering... it's our lot in life!"

IG-89
06-11-2002, 01:46 AM
and there ain't no Walmart close by for us folks who live in SF.
Target is sucking alot of *ss lately but i got nearly every POTJ fig from Target past 2 yrs....now, they ain't got jack! Either that or the scalpers be beating me to all the new stuff =(

BTW: I think there are more scalpers per capita in SF than any other parts of the Bay area....i hope those ogres choke on all the stuff they hoard.

Finally, Unleashed Figs are starting to hit TRU.

Slacker Jedi
06-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Unleashed Boba & Jango found at SF TRU this morning (Tuesday), got the last one!

IG89, I always thought that scalpers took the stuff they didn't sell back to the store for a refund... is that not the way they do it?

RooJay
06-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Actually, I've met plenty of scalpers, guys who own stores and guys who do the convention thing, who still have stuff from years back that they've tried to scalp but couldn't get rid of! One of the neat things I guess about buying figures people really want and selling them at three or four times their cost! A lot of times it doesn't seem to hurt business very much.

mola ram
06-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Thunder - I got the obi wan, chewie and han solo. When I left the walmart at opening there were only 2 hans and 2 obi wans left. There were only two chewies there but some other guy bought one also along with a han and obi wan.

Thunder408
06-11-2002, 02:31 PM
DOH!
mola ram could you contact me on aim or icq when you find stuff?
i can go get stuff asap... but usually too lazy to go hunting everyday, and recently not many new posts except for yours...
i went back to the walmart this morning hoping to see if they put anything new out... 1-2 orn free taa wave... but no obi wan, chewie, solo =(

fightoned
06-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Got back from Mt View Walmart and target. Nothing new at Target but Walmart had about 20 each of Vaders and Lukes.

No Han, Chewie, or OB1. They may have been packaged with the Vader/Lukes but someone may have picked them up earlier this morning.

IG-89
06-11-2002, 03:34 PM
about Scalpers....well, Roojay, if they sold their stuff at a decent price at these collector shows then they might be able to 'get rid of their stuff'. I was recently at one of these scalp meets and one dude was asking $10 for green carded POTF figs.

By the way, scalpers i don't think buy everything....they ask collectors like me what is hot and they hoard those. Yeah i can just imagine Goateed, Fat scalper guy buying every Jar Jar he could find and thinking it's going to buy him an extra NASCAR polo shirt (XL).

mola ram
06-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Thunder- I go to Walmart at opening (7:00 a.m.) pretty much every day. It is hit or miss as you know but they consistently put stuff out in the morning as soon as they get it in. The boxes actually sit on palettes in the aisles the night before.

fightoned- Box #84851001B, collection 1 wave 4 has 2 mace windus, 2 Jango fett final, 1 clone trooper, 4 bespin luke, 3 bespin vader, and 1 han solo. You probably missed the han. Box #848510019 has 1 chewie and 2 obi wans so you probably missed those too. Hope this is helpful for the future.

Pellaeon
06-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Well, I cannot tell what case assortment we got in at the San Leandro WalMart, whether is was the one with just the Han Solo or the other with Chewie and Obi that mola ram talks about above.

Either way, it appears they hit yesterday morning, a morning I chose to sleep in. The Han Solo I saw today was beat up, so I tossed him to a scalper. Well, at least we know the new stuff is starting to trickle in.

c_richards
06-13-2002, 10:15 AM
Hey all-
Thought I would let you know about my excursion to TARGET in San Leandro last night. To many people's surprises, they had nothing. I was there about 8:45 or so last night, and the only thing of note was one Deluxe Anakin, and Nexu. The cards didn't appear to be in too bad shape, however I still passed on these two.

Target did have 2 STAR WARS T-Shirts should anyone be intested. One was an artistic type picture of Yoda with his hand extended out as if he was using the force. The other was a very cartoonish type drawing of Chewie at the Dejarik Holo-table with the caption under it, "Let the wookie win!"

They both were $14.99, however there was only 1 Yoda shirt (size L or XL), and several Chewie (M, L, XL) I would have bought one, but I like my shirts loose and baggy, and they didn't have any larger sizes! :)

No other signifigant items at Target.

Hope the info helps.

BTW - Pelleaon, I plan to be at the TRU in Hayward Saturday, normal time frame...if you care, and can meet me, I'll bring the Clone Trooper for ya!

MTFBWY!

c_richards
06-13-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Actually, I've met plenty of scalpers, guys who own stores and guys who do the convention thing, who still have stuff from years back that they've tried to scalp but couldn't get rid of! One of the neat things I guess about buying figures people really want and selling them at three or four times their cost! A lot of times it doesn't seem to hurt business very much.

Roojay-
Don't you love to see the scalpers (or as I call them Toy Pirates) become the ones stuck with Peg Warmers because they can't unload the stuff, unless they are willing to take a deep cut in their profits?

I have met several "Rude" Toy Pirates, which shall remain nameless. Pelleaon knows who I mean. These fools have the audacity to race others to the new toys, take anything they can, then to top it off, jack up the price to areas WAY outside reasonable mark-up for a decent profit.

I'm not trying to say making a profit is a bad thing, however, when you take advantage of others that may not have the knowledge, expirence, or the opportunity to get the figures that at the current time are "hot" is just wrong!

I can't tell you the number of times I have had pirates approach me when I was with Target to get them cases of toys, and to pull aside certain items. Everytime I was approached, I was promised attractive compensation an gifts, but let's face it....the risk far exceeded the benfits. Target had strict rules that collectibles were not to be held for ANYONE, and any employee caught doing so would recieve an automatic termination notice.

Things had gotten so bad that we even caught a few of these pirates raiding the stock room, more specifically, the toy areas and walking out with cases of Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, STAR WARS, Starting Line Ups, and other toys.

But, I digress....The fact the these pirates use any means necessary to obtain their "booty" is just wrong. I have noticed many of them want to avoid confrontation, and if you begin to fuss about the way they do things, you might be able to convice one of them to give up an item or two. While this may not work for all, at least it gives them the heads up that you are not a push over and will not let them walk all over you!

My advice and ranking system remains the same. Again for those that may not know....I rank people the following ways.

Collectors - Many people fall into this catagory. Many of them are very cool people and are willing to help fellow collectors obtain items to completed collections. Generally buy 1 or 2 pieces of an item (unless they are army builders) and will not HOARD things so others can't get them.

Sellers - Fewer people come into play here. Generally they are very cool, and will also help you look for an item to complete your set. Most of the time will buy maybe 4 - 7 of an item to sell, but will not try to make a killing by marking up the piece to over inflated values.

Pirates - The worst of the bunch. These are the fools that raid Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, TRU, and other stores as soon as they open and snatch up any and all quantities of a "hot" item in order to satisfy their driving need to make money to further support their habits. They will use any means necessary and available to obtain an item. Most had confrontation, but may resist to "subtle coaxing"....may reqiure, as Padme said, "Agressive Negotiations!"

My advice: Watch your backs. Continue to help fellow collectors, but, if you can....ID the pirates. If we can band together to stop them from snapping up all the toys....then it'll be easier on all people in the future to obtain the toys they want for their collections!

Until the next time.....

MTFBWY!

RooJay
06-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Sellers - Fewer people come into play here. Generally they are very cool, and will also help you look for an item to complete your set. Most of the time will buy maybe 4 - 7 of an item to sell, but will not try to make a killing by marking up the piece to over inflated values.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one. Anyone who buys figures with the intent of selling them for more than they originally cost is technically a scalper. That is the very nature and definition of scalping.

RooJay
06-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah...and Fairfield Target had several Nexu and Deluxe Anakin yesterday. Might still be some left.

Slacker Jedi
06-13-2002, 04:53 PM
This morning KB in Stonetown got some Yodas, Dookus, HD Anakins -- and the exclusive Red & Yellow 12" clone troopers (I only saw 4 pairs of these).

I'm really glad they appear to be enforcing the "only one of each per customer" policy on hard-to-find items -- at least some of those Yodas and Dookus are finding their way to little kids!

SF TRU has pushed all SW items to the back area, there are none by the entrance anymore. They're probably cutting back on their inventory, too. :(

Thunder408
06-14-2002, 04:26 AM
i hope i wake up tomorrow
check this forum
and mola ram has found more new stuff =)
looking for obi wan pilot, chewy, han.... anyone seen in san jose/nearby?

c_richards
06-14-2002, 10:29 AM
Greetings everyone.

I am excited to hear that the new waves are shipping, but I still can't find them!

I talked to my friend at TRU in Hayward, and he told me that they got in the STAR WARS Unleashed figures/statues. They only have Maul and Jango/Boba, and they are priced at $16.00 each!

I hit K-Mart in San Leandro last night.
Nothing new at all. Same old stuff from the 23rd. Only thing "new" were the Deluxe figures of Luke in Bacta Tank, and Shirtless Maul. They were still ringing up at $9.98 a piece, so I left them.

I did pick up a collectors tin with 7 packs of the AOTC trading cards. The tin was marked $19.99, but K-Mart had a sale in which all cards are 15% off. I ended up paying $18.31 after tax for the tin, and managed to pull out 1 panoramic card, 3 silver foils, and 2 prismatic cards.

From there it was on to Wally World San Leandro.
Again, more of the same peg warmers, but at least they had pleanty of the Mace, Jango, Vader, Luke wave. I saw both varients of the Jango (Flame Up...Flame Down) and they only had the non-bloody magnet version of Luke. I ended up picking up another Luke so I can display him on my Desk at work.

Tonight, a good possibility of hitting Target again, or going through Bayfair mall. If anything is found, I'll let you all know...in the meantime...

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
06-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Nothing new in SF TRU this morning... *sigh* it's been like a month since I saw any figures in there I didn't already have...

Oh, in a non-collecting note, AMC in Van Ness dropped DLP print of AOTC for a DLP Scooby-Doo...

Thunder408
06-14-2002, 12:17 PM
nothing in tru and walmart blossom hill
~sigh
where are you han,chewy, obi wan

stormie
06-14-2002, 12:39 PM
Just curious, but since everyone seems to be looking for the Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan wave, does this mean everyone already found Palpatine and Djas Puhr? I thought these two were supposed to come out before the Han et al wave. I've not been looking too much, but there's been no hint of Palpy or Djas anywhere. Just wondering. :)

c_richards
06-14-2002, 12:49 PM
Join the Club Stormie!

Pellaeon and I still haven't found Puhr, or Palpatine.... Last waves I have seen starting to "hang" are the Luke (Bespin) wave.

No word of the new figures from Bigbadtoystore.com, but they do have a few other items if you might be interested. Nothing noteworthy, but maybe something you want or are looking for to help complete a collection! :)

MTFBWY

Slacker Jedi
06-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Ditto here,
I'm still looking for Orn Free Taa, Endor Soldier, Palpatine, Djas Puhr, as well as Han, Chewie and Pilot Obi-Wan.

Sometimes I could just cry... :(

king4lkw
06-14-2002, 03:55 PM
I just found 1 Palpy at the SJ Target (near Milpitas on Landess) at lunch, so he's startin to show!

I ordered one from KBKids.com too, but of course they're crap- Palpy was stuffed into this big box (along with a Scarlet Spiderman) and there was hardly any packaging material. So he came bent, plus, comparing it to the Palpy I just got, the KB one had chicken pox! Yes, the paint scheme on Palpy's face had these very visible red dots. Yikes! So, much to my pleasure the one I just got at Target had light brown ones that didn't distract. I'll see if I can post a pic later (you can post pics here right?). In any case, happy hunting!

Thunder408
06-14-2002, 04:57 PM
i'm starting to get this feeling toys r us is the worst place to find anything new, and that target is the best. But with target the amount they put up is so small so if your not lucky you wont see anything, same goes for kaybee. And then walmart, which puts a monster load at once... so if a scalper gets there 1st.. he's got em all.

i can only hope that a future case will contain obi wan, chewy, han solo, djas, and palpatine ONLY... no pegwarmers

seems people are posting more
keep up the good work!

Slacker Jedi
06-14-2002, 05:42 PM
king4lkw,
Sounds like you're not happy with your KB Palpy. Do you want to sell it/trade? I'm looking for one to open...

Lone Jedi
06-14-2002, 05:45 PM
king3lkw: I too ordered Palpatine and Djas Puhr from KBKids.com. Palpatine arrived okay and Djas had a bent card, but I'm still happy since they only wanted $5.99 a piece (unlike bigBADtoystore.com) :evil:

Slacker Jedi: try KB stores in the malls for the Orn Free Taa (aka "Corn Fritter") wave. I am clueless as well about where to find Obi Pilot, Han, and Chewie though. I was by your neck of the woods today (I went past SF and went to Colma). The KMart there had nothing but pegs full of old April 23rd figures. TRU had a ton of the same, but I did pick up the new Episode II PEZ dispensers. I only saw two: Jango and a Clonetrooper. I got a free mini-comic at the register too. Are these free with purchase or what? The lady gave me one for, in her words, "being nice."

Colma Target had a separate "price cut" aisle of figures. They had plenty of Bespin Vaders and a few nonbloody magnet hand Lukes.

Serramonte Greatlands Target (when did this one open????????)
had a few Vaders and Lukes along with Mace and Jango FB. I also found the Nexu and Anakin with Slice 'n' Dice Geonosian Warrior. Oh yeah, they also had the newer Deluxe Obi-Wan with the repackaged bubble if anyone cares.

c_richards
06-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Ok...so I take it BBTS is not seen in a favorable light. True their prices might be a bit higher than KB, TRU, Target, etc., but let's face it.... everytime I have ordered from them....the figures come SECURELY packed, and have yet to have a card get dinged or bent do to insuffcent packing!

I simply refer to BBTS since I think they are a great company. I happen to love Target, TRU, and all that, but at times bearly anything comes in, and being that I have to be at the office at 8:00am.....that leaves no time to hit a store on the way in, and on the way home.....what's the use since all the other pirates and collectors have been there....except for Pellaeon who has helped me several times in the past (Many thanks my firend!)....

Everytime I hear that someone ordered a figure from say KBtoys.com, or from Toysrus.com, I got to look to see about getting one for me...but none are to be found. KB doesn't even list Palpatine, Puhr, or others.

Sorry if BBTS is a bust for you all!

MTFBWY

Slacker Jedi
06-14-2002, 06:06 PM
I came awful close to ordering some of these figures from the KB and TRU websites... but I have the awful suspicion that in 3-4 weeks, the Orn Free Taa, Palpatine and Djas Puhr might have become pegwarmers...

I swear, every time I order something online, shortly after I receive it, it becomes a pegwarmer... it's happened to me so many times I don't even want to remember.

The only order I don't regret placing was Qui-Gon and Massif from the fan club, I got them 2-3 weeks ago, and they were *collector grade*

This wasn't a great week, found an unleashed Jango and the KB 12" clonetrooper set, but the figures I like most are 4".

jedibear
06-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Up here in Sonoma Co.....

....we are swimming in Vaders, Lukes, Maces & FD Jangos as well as the first 24 (Yoda still seems to disappear quick but even Dooku is slowly starting to hang around a bit)

We got the Nexu & Anakin deluxes last week at both WM & Target, but they disappeared quick.

My work schedule is such that I don't get a chance to hit the stores when they open anymore so I can't say if Palpy, Puhr, Chewie or Pilot Obi-Wan have made an appearance up this way or not....I know I haven't seen them! No sign of the Acklay or the "Unleashed" figures either.

KB did get the 12" Clonetrooper figures in....one of the clerks was kind enough to hold two minty-fresh ones for me (she sees me in there quite often) so that was a pleasant surprise! There are still nice people working the stores out there! (I have often helped them with moms that want to get something SW for their kids but haven't a clue where to start....I guess this was the clerk's way of saying "Thank You"...)

Back to searchin'.....

king4lkw
06-15-2002, 01:26 AM
sickly looking palpy (first three pics) from kbkids.com, healthy palpy (far right)

kbkids.com toys must have the plague :D

Slacker Jedi
06-15-2002, 02:22 PM
I didn't see anything new today at MV Target & Walmart, though Sunnyvale Target did have a couple of R2 units (the kind with the crossiron thing on the leg), I got one to customize me a two-legged R2... :)

Other than that, things are very slow, saw a few Nexus and Deluxe Anakins, but I already have those.

Also, got Orn Free Taa and Endor soldier, but not in a store... (don't ask).

Lone Jedi
06-15-2002, 07:16 PM
c_richards, I feel your pain. I only go out once a week, if I'm lucky. I never hit stores when they open. I usually go during Friday afternoons. Sometimes I see new stuff, other times I strike out. I just took a chance with KBKids.com and I don't detest the folks who run bigbadtoystore.com. I've paid way over retail for new figures in the past, and I'm really trying to avoid doing that now. I've also decided not to order from TRU/Amazon.com anymore because they do a lousy job of packing figures. The only way I'd buy a figure online for $9.99 is if it's a bloddy Bespin Luke (wishful thinking) :rolleyes:

c_richards
06-17-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey all...

I have to make this short, but this weekend was pretty decent!
I got confirmation from my buddy that works for TRU that the unleashed line was out. Of course, being that it was Thursday night, and couldn't get out there Friday, meant they were all gone on Saturday.

I did however pick up a collectors tin of the AOTC cards, and a few loose packs.

Sunday I found the Jango/Boba Unleashed set, at K-Mart in San Leandro. Jango looks incredible, and Boba looks decent! I really like the fact that a layer of plastic clear in color was put over the base to make it look like rain splatter.

I can't gaurantee I'll be able to get back on and update today since I am working a half day. I'll be out of here to go see WWE RAW live at the Oakland Arena! :)

Take care everyone, and happy hunting!

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
06-17-2002, 01:06 PM
c_richards, congrats on finding unleashed boba & jango. Do you remember how much they are at K-mart?

c_richards
06-17-2002, 01:31 PM
SlackerJedi-

$15.49 plus tax, I think the total was like $16.37 or so. They had 3 Jango/Boba sets, and 1 Maul statue....
Maul was "hidden" on the other endcap on top of a powerwheels trike box.

They are located in the Toys Section, Endcap on the shevling unit where the pool and water toys are located closest to the snacks/candy area!

Rough Diagram:

|---------------| [x|--------------|

|---------------| |--------------|

X - Where the items are located!

Hope the info helps! :)

MTFBWY!

Lonely Padme
06-17-2002, 03:08 PM
@7.49...

Got the Nexu figure only, but I think most of it were there.

Slacker Jedi
06-17-2002, 04:10 PM
c_richards,
Thanks for diagram! Unfortunately, unlikely I can go to that particular K-mart.
I did get unleashed Jango & Boba at TRU in SF for 15.99; haven't seen Maul yet but I am not in a hurry to get it either, I'm sure at some point they'll be easy to find.
Slim pickings here in SF for the most part, just one TRU, one KB and one FAO, so I take Caltrain south as often as possible, but even then hard to get all the latest figures.
Oh well, that's life... :)

mola ram
06-18-2002, 09:20 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill, sj walmart.

I'm starting to think the palpatine doesn't exist!

mola ram
06-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Silver Creek Target got one case of the Obi Wan, Han and Chewbacca. Someone got the chewbacca though. I put the 2 Obi Wans and 1 Han around the corner by the transformers so whoever gets there will get them.

c_richards
06-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Wow...sounds like a lot has gone on in the last 24 hours.

No chance for me to go shopping yesterday as I was at the Oakland Arena to see WWE RAW (I know this isn't STAR WARS related)

Has anyone seen the Puhr/Palpatine wave, or the Chewie/Solo/Obi-Wan line in the Newark, Hayward, or SL area?

Just curious. Still no signs of them around here...at least none that I know of. My buddy that works for TRU said they got 3 of the 12" Jango's in at Hayward TRU, but they were all gone in less than 15 minutes.

No other news or info from my area....

Take care everyone...and MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
06-18-2002, 02:07 PM
This morning at SF TRU, on the sign advertising the lower price for AOTC figures, there was a handwritten note:
"Get new figures! Please!"

LOL!

stormie
06-18-2002, 03:13 PM
A little lunch-time trip up to the RWC stores netted just about nothing. The Kmart is absolutely barren, and the TRU had just a smattering of stuff (but lots of Zuttons!). The Target showed that they were getting some new stuff, as they finally had the Bespin wave. Interestingly, the Bespin Luke at this store was the one with the plastic peg, and not the magnetic hand. Needless to say, I picked one up just because it's kitschy, and because I didn't want to go back to work empty-handed. :D The Target also had quite a few of the Deluxe Anakin/Geonosians. That's it, good luck!

c_richards
06-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Nothing new yet.....
However, I am thinking about taking a ride out to Target tonight after work and hope they have something entertaining! :)

I did find something cool in my garage that I forgot about. I have a copy of STAR WARS - Behind the Magic, which I thought I had lost. It was stuck in a box of stuff that I had removed from my old office and didn't realize it until late yesterday morning when I went throught the box to put the books in it on my desk! :)

Kind of a nice suprise to see it again! :)

MTFBWY!

Thunder408
06-18-2002, 11:50 PM
AHHH CRAP!
the one/two days i didnt check the forums
mola ram found something
i doubt they will still be there tomorrow
=(

mola ram
06-19-2002, 09:25 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart.

Thunder408
06-19-2002, 09:56 AM
thanks for the early update mola ram

Slacker Jedi
06-19-2002, 12:18 PM
I finally found something new!!!!
Got Han, Chewie and Obi-Wan Pilot at MV Target today. :)
I also got a Fritos SW bucket at Sunnyvale Target -- first time I even see one!

Chewbacca is awesome, man! Nine points of articulation, plus light-up Threepio!!! Wow!!! :D

stormie
06-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey Slacker, was that today (Wednesday) or yesterday (Tuesday)? I was there last night (Tuesday), and they had nothing. Any left, by chance?
Thanks!

Slacker Jedi
06-19-2002, 12:46 PM
stormie,
I got them this morning, Wednesday.
I live in SF, so I had to get up at 4 a.m. to catch the 6 a.m. Caltrain and make it to Target before they opened. I got the only ones, too!!
I have one extra Obi-Wan, willing to trade it for a Palpatine or sell it to you at the Target price (4.99 plus tax).

I'm at Sunnyvale Public Library right now, will check this thread later in the day, if anyone interested in my Obi-Wan Pilot!

stormie
06-19-2002, 01:32 PM
D'oh! I knew I should have camped out in front of Target last night. Ain't it always the way. :D

Slacker--thanks, but no thanks for the offer. I'm going to try to see how far my luck will take me, searching on my own! ;)

fightoned
06-19-2002, 02:44 PM
OK Slacker Jedi, I saw your post and went to Target MV at 10:45AM to find nothing. I guess I should have waited 5 more min to see your next post stating you got all of them. I am glad you got them and not some scalper!

I am happy for you! You took a major chance on getting up so early to find them.

Slacker Jedi
06-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah, that's what it takes these days... ;)

c_richards
06-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Dang Slacker...you made out like a Bandit!
That's totally sweet dude!

Did you open Chewie, or does he have a "try me" button like the Nexu does? I knew that the 3PO lit up, but can you actually try it in the package, or do you have to open it to "play" with it? :)

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
06-19-2002, 09:05 PM
c_richards,
No, there is no "try me" button on Chewie. I'm gonna open him tonight just as soon as I get home. (Same for Han & Obi-Wan).

Yeah, it was a lucky find -- the first time in the last month that I've found new regular figures in a store. (By "new" I mean something I didn't already have).

But seriously, I don't know much about the habits of other regulars on this thread, but I think it would all be so much easier if we'd all pool resources!

Again, if I find something somebody here is looking for, I'm open to trading, or you can reimburse me the retail price and it's yours.

Seriously, we all spend *way* too much time looking for these things. I'd rather get one or two extra and see that they go to a fellow collector.

ON A DIFFERENT SUBJECT -- is anybody here interested in getting the Japanese Pepsi bottle caps? You might have seen photos in rebelscum.com. I'm interested, but wondering whether this could be accomplished without too much expense...

Best regards to all! :)

Thunder408
06-19-2002, 09:29 PM
agreed that we spend too much time looking for these figures... or at least i spend too much time on em

i have an extra orn free taa, massiff, quigon, bespin luke, bespin vader, jango final, and mace windu

anyone interested?
selling @ price i got them for with tax... or i can trade them for some MOMC e1 figures?
i know this isnt the place for trading
but please let me know... or figures will be returned in a day or 2

Slacker Jedi
06-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, I'd be happy to trade an Obi-Wan Pilot for a Palpatine, or even a Djas Puhr....

And even though this isn't supposed to be a trading thread, I don't think it does any harm... since we're all in the same area and likely to run into each other while hunting for figures.

Every time I've posted in the trading forum, I've gotten zero responses..... :(

fightoned
06-19-2002, 09:44 PM
Slacker and Thunder,

I would be up for buying an extra as I see them. It looks like we are all looking for the same things. HAN, CHEWIE, Palp, Djas, OB1 pilot. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these soon. I can't even count how many Darths and Lukes I have come across lately.

Again good snag Slacker!

mola ram
06-20-2002, 09:24 AM
Nothing new at Blossom Hill Wal Mart again. They didn't even put out another captain typho!

fightoned
06-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Target Sunnyvale had several Darths and Lukes this morning. Actually they had just about everything except the latest waves after Darth.

Slacker Jedi
06-20-2002, 12:58 PM
12" Jangos seen this morning at Stonestown KB, for the rock-bottom price of just 49.99!!! ;)

I opened Han, Chewie and Obi-Wan last night.

The biggest disappointment is that the antenna dish that comes with OB1 doesn't actually fit in the small hole in the Jedi Starfighter, like it's supposed to! It doesn't even fit in its own base!

Other than that, cool. Chewie's head tilts back and forth, which I wasn't expecting.

As for Han, it's just like Padme -- looks cool in only one pose, anything else he looks weird. Like his right shoulder is deformed or something.

c_richards
06-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Hey everyone....thought I would let you know that I just came back from a scouting run at K-Mart in Newark.

They had pleanty of the initial release, no signs of the Luke Bespin wave, Orn Free Taa wave, Puhr/Palp. wave, or Han/Obi-Wan/Chewie wave. They still had a fair amount of Preview figures hanging, but all Clone Troopers were gone.

No signs of the Unleashed wave hitting them, and they have considerably shrunk their STAR WARS section from an indiviual sub section in the middle of the store, to 2 end-caps in the toys section, and what couldn't fit there was "flexed" into the existing "boys toys" section.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make a run to Toys R Us later on after work and see what they might have. Either that, or I'll try to make a run past Target in SL after work.

MTFBWY!

Thunder408
06-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Target Hillsdale has a ton of windues and Jango Fett Final battle... for some reason they keep getting Geonosian warriors with background inserts... i see new ones there every other week or so...

did the battle droid, plo kloon, and dexter with backgrounds come with the geonosian warrior /w BG ?

Lonely Padme
06-20-2002, 07:32 PM
I know the west coast gets shafted being 2-3 weeks behind in a wave (compared to east coast).

But does anyone remember if there was ever a wave that the west coast never get?

If there is, then Hasbro's distribution really sucks!

I have yet to see anything after the Bespin wave and I visit the TRU at Bridgepoint, San Carlos and Sunnyvale almost every other day (near my work and home :)

It is truly sad...

Slacker Jedi
06-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Lonely Padme,
I feel your pain!!! ;)

Deluxe Nexu and Anakin aside, I have only once seen anything on a store shelf past the Bespin wave. That was yesterday, when I picked up Han, Chewie and OB1 Jedi Starfighter Pilot at MV Target... I got there as soon as they opened, and I got the only ones they had!! :)

We can only hope it will get better in the next 3 to 4 weeks...

Lonely Padme
06-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanks, I needed the encouragement!

Slacker Jedi
06-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Hang in there, kid.
BTW, in case you haven't read the prior posts, I did manage to get an extra OB1 Pilot (the card is not mint). I would be happy to trade for a Palpatine (M or NM card), or to let anyone in these forum have it for the retail price.
Cheers!

Lonely Padme
06-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks again, but I'm a carded collector (so I prefer mint).

Also part of the thrill is looking for the figures yourself, I mean you can pretty much buy everything online these days.

I don't mind the looking, but sometimes you just wonder IF it will show up at all.

yoda2323
06-21-2002, 06:59 AM
This is my first post, I live in San Jose, I go to Target and TRU almost everyday, I can't find the Palpatine wave, Solo wave, 12inch Jango, and unleashed Darth Maul, I think Mola Rom has a good idea, I think we should pull our resources together and help each other out. I would be willing to buy doubles of the tough figures and sell them to others for retail or trade for another figure I dont have. Let me know who wants to do this, Slacker Jedi I am interested in the OBI WAN pilot, would u be willing to sell it for retail? Let me know. Thanks guys.

mola ram
06-21-2002, 09:27 AM
Blossom Hill walmart had some qui gons and orn free taas. It was kinda strange to see no endor rebels or massifs. Must have been a return. So far, target has been the only place I have heard that the Palpatine has appeared at in San Jose. If I find anything I'll buy extras so other collectors can get some.

c_richards
06-21-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Lonely Padme
Thanks again, but I'm a carded collector (so I prefer mint).

Also part of the thrill is looking for the figures yourself, I mean you can pretty much buy everything online these days.

I don't mind the looking, but sometimes you just wonder IF it will show up at all.

Lonely Padme-

Join the club. I can't comment in definite terms, but I think the west coast may have missed, or have gotten in exceptionally low numbers of the final Episode I Wave with Sio Bibble and the Pit-Droid 2-pack, and the final wave of the CommTech Chip POTF line with Admiral Motti, and the Princess Leia (hood up) wave.

I have still yet to find the Puhr/Palpatine, Solo, Chewie and Obi-Wan waves.

Happy Hunting, and
MTFBWY!

stormie
06-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Anyone here try to hide a Saga Han Solo behind some Ep. II Legos and CCG tins at the MV Target? If so, it's not there anymore. :D

It's always fun finding stuff that others thought they hid really well. Never hurts to search beyond the pegs!

c_richards
06-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Nice move Stormie! :)

I love finding other people's hiding spots! Makes the hunt all the more worthwhile!

Has anyone here ever had a fellow collector show you their hinding spots? I have. One of the times I was at Wally World in SL, I was looking at the 2002 NASCAR Die-Casts, and a collector was showing me where he hid all the Kevin Harvick, Dale Jr., and other cars.

Granted, it's not STAR WARS related, but if people go through the trouble to hid NASCAR merchandise, I'm sure they have to go through to trouble to hide STAR WARS stuff! :)

Again.... Nice move Stormie!

MTFBWY!

asiandoood
06-21-2002, 11:42 AM
hehehe... i gave up on hiding spots....they usually find them anyways ....doh!

fightoned
06-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Hey Stormie,
Good find! I sometimes find thinks like that also. Did you hit MV Walmart also today? It will save me the trip if you already checked it out.

Ed

stormie
06-21-2002, 12:07 PM
fightoned - Yes, I also checked the Wal-Mart last night...nothing new (or hidden ;)).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Slacker Jedi
06-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Stopped by Geary TRU this morning, nothing but pegwarmers. :(

yoda 2323, if you're interested in OB1 pilot, it's still available, but remember it's a non-mint card.

mola ram
06-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Silver Creek target had nothing except the bespin wave. Blossom Hill Toysrus had nothing new. They did have some new simpson figures though. Toysrus was still unloading stuff when I was there, maybe tomorrow!

fightoned
06-21-2002, 01:54 PM
I found the Chewie, Han, and OB1 at Mountain View Walmart about 30 min ago! There were at least 10 OB1 easily seen at the front of the pegs. There were half a dozen Chewies but only on Han which I got.

Anyway I suggest getting down there ASAP. I did buy an extra Chewie and OB1 if anyone is interested in trading or buying (4.77 + tax).

Good Luck.

Pellaeon
06-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Found the Chewie wave (3 figs) at the San Leandro WalMart this morning. Probably nothing left but a few Obi's, since I had 2 competitors. C_richards, see my E-mail to you.

yoda2323
06-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Slacker jedi I am interested in the Obi Wan, Im going to open it so condition is no big deal, is there a place we can meet, maybe a target or tru thats good for u? Fightoned I am interested in your Obi Wan and Chewie, let me know if I can buy those from u. Thanks Guys

fightoned
06-21-2002, 02:52 PM
sure yoda. you can get them later today if you want. I have to pick up my kid at 4PM then we will be basically home the rest of the evening. PM me with what you want to do.

BTW, the chewie is awesome!

c_richards
06-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Found the Chewie wave (3 figs) at the San Leandro WalMart this morning. Probably nothing left but a few Obi's, since I had 2 competitors. C_richards, see my E-mail to you.

Pellaeon-

GOT THEM!

Thanks for all the help! :)

Now to focus on the Palpatine/Puhr wave. :)

MTFBWY!

Thunder408
06-21-2002, 04:50 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
all these walmarts so out of the reach
damn milpitas/blossom hill walmarts!
when are you gonna get a monster load of the han wave like every other walmarts

king4lkw
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Thunder408
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yeah, no kidding. Just went to Milpitas WM and I found... diddly squat!! :confused:

c_richards
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Thunder408
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Thunder408

KEEP CHECKING! It could be that they are on their way from the Distribution Center and could be on <b>ANY</b> truck!!!!

If you should ask an employee if they are in, and they tell you all they have is what's out.... you're pretty much have to take their word for it. Even though Wally World claims they don't have a backstock area....it's bogus. Granted, they may not have room to backstock a lot of merchandise, but they do have a backstock area!!!!! All you can do is ask if they might have some in back. Who knows, you might get lucky!

Keep trying Thunder...I'm sure you'll get them soon enough! :) I feel your pain though, when I hear new figures are out, I want them immediately and hate to wait for them!!!!

MTFBWY!

king4lkw
06-21-2002, 05:29 PM
http://shop.lego.com/gateway.asp?targetpage=%2Fproduct%2Easp%3Fprod%5Fi d%3D10026

Thunder408
06-21-2002, 10:04 PM
i couldnt resist so i drove 1 hour to get there
and got a MOMC obi wan!
no solo or chewy
and got stuck in traffic on the way back
BUT!
it was all worth it! :D

thanks fightoned for the post!

hopefully they'll be coming in and my walmarts soon

jedibear
06-22-2002, 12:48 AM
Up here in Sonoma Co our two area WalMarts got the pilot Obi-Wan wave today (the RP store had LOTS)...the Windsor store got one case of Acklays in...all thrashed boxes. Amazing that the squat, well-built Reek warranted thick grade cardboard for the box, but the spindley Acklay gets flimsy, easily creased card stock (barely that...it's thinner than a regular figure card back)...but hey, at least I got the creature!
Still no sign of Palpy, Puhr or the Unleashed figures....
It was great to get something new though....
happy hunting all......

Thunder408
06-22-2002, 02:05 AM
spoke too soon
it wasnt momc... but momnc
im gonna hope walmart at blossom hill gets some stuff in tomorrow morning

Thunder408
06-22-2002, 10:47 AM
no posts this morning?

Slacker Jedi
06-22-2002, 12:13 PM
jedi bear, congrats on the acklay! Have you opened it? Let us know what you think...

Stopped by MV WM around 7:30 Sat. morning, they had about a dozen Obi-Wan Pilots. MV Target had one Obi-Wan and one Han with a bent card. I didn't get any of them, though. They also had a couple of R2s with the flat leg joint.

P.S. On a non-SW related note, if anybody here likes the Simpsons, there's two new playsets out now. One is with Jasper (the old bearded guy), another one with a new cop whose name I don't remember. Thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Thunder408
06-22-2002, 12:50 PM
blossom hill walmart = nothing
silver creek target = nothing
hillsdale target = nothing

Slacker Jedi
06-22-2002, 04:21 PM
BTW, I stopped by the MV WM around noon today... there's a couple of Obi-Wan Pilots hidden behind the Lego Republic Gunship, if anybody's interested...

mola ram
06-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Nothing new at blossom hill toysrus. Sorry for no posts Thunder, I usually don't go to Walmart/target on the weekend. Also, Slacker the two new celebrity simpsons are also out, I got Lionel Hutz as it relates to me; well, my field at least!

jedibear
06-22-2002, 11:56 PM
slacker...

I did open the Acklay....I'd read on other places around here that folks were having a hard time getting it to stand...I guess I lucked out, the one I got stands fine. I must admit though, I don't want to move the joints too much....I think if they were any looser it wouldn't stand...

It's a well detailed sculpt...my only nits is in order for it to be as articulated as it is, the ball joints and others are really obvious looking. The color scheme is little bright (compared to how it looked in the film) and I wish they had skipped the "guts" and added a sound box with those cool squeals it has in the movie.
It does look cool though!

Oh, & to keep this an area report....

My friend Grayhank snagged me a Palpy & Puhr at our local KB's today....thanks!

I'm still impressed that generally speaking, stuff from the saga collection seems to be hitting fairly well. Don't know how long this will continue with the movie losing screens by the week and interest waning so fast....here's hoping retailers keep ordering stuff....

Pellaeon
06-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Snagged 'em on 22June at San Leandro (Bayfair) KayBee.

c_richards
06-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Pellaeon -

Nice catch dude....

I made the normal rounds, TRU, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target
TRU - I picked up another Yoda, Obi-Wan (coruscant chase), Dooku, and Ani (Hangar Duel) for display in my office

SL - Target
Pleanty of the Luke/Vader Wave hanging, no signs of Palpatine, or Puhr.

SL - Wal-Mart
Since I got the Obi-Wan, Han, and Chewie there, nothing new.
A lot of the Vader/Luke wave as well.

SL - K-Mart
To quote "Rainman"
"K-Mart Sucks!"

Sorry guys...at least the one in SL does. The toy section looks like a bomb went off in it, nothing is marked, nor placed where it should be, and they haven't had anything new in terms of 3 & 3/4" figures since April 23.

They are also sold out of the Unleashed line.

Happy Hunting, and MTFBWY!

mola ram
06-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Nothing new at Blossom Hill Walmart or Silver Creek Target.

stormie
06-24-2002, 12:42 PM
I found the Chewie, Han, and OB1 at Mountain View Walmart about 30 min ago! There were at least 10 OB1 easily seen at the front of the pegs. There were half a dozen Chewies but only on Han which I got.

Anyway I suggest getting down there ASAP. I did buy an extra Chewie and OB1 if anyone is interested in trading or buying (4.77 + tax).

Good Luck.

See, it's always the way. I decide to catch up on a little work on Friday, and not check the forums, then someone finds stuff...and at a location in my relative vicinity! Anyway, nothing but Obi-Wans left when I went on Saturday.

I did score the remaining Playschool sets, finally, on Saturday. I don't know if anyone else is keen on these, but I really can't wait for that Millennium Falcon set (with the Stormtrooper). :D

Slacker Jedi
06-24-2002, 01:08 PM
I didn't get a chance to post this earlier, on Saturday night, I found 2 preview clone troopers at SF TRU, these are the first I get to buy for 4.99!!
They also had 3 twice-taped AT-ST, guess somebody must have returned them.

BTW, was somebody here looking for the ANAKIN SKYWALKER MASTERPIECE EDITION??? I saw a couple over the weekend at the Barnes & Noble on Hillsdale mall, they were 24.99 but had quite a bit of shelf wear...

c_richards
06-24-2002, 01:49 PM
That's the only Masterpiece Edition I didn't have Slacker.
THX for the 411! :)

I'll have to take a ride out there soon to check it out!

THX Again!

Thunder408
06-24-2002, 03:21 PM
i also went to
blossom hill walmart - nothing

stevens creek target - more geonosian warriors with inserts
winchester TRU - nothing

but there seems to be hope in blossom hill walmart...
the past 3 days the pegs have been very very empty...
either
A) they gonna reduce the amount of space for figures...
or
B) a crap load of new figures will be coming soon
im hoping for B :D

Slacker Jedi
06-24-2002, 04:34 PM
c_richards,
Glad to have helped. They're in the clearance section, right in front of the register.

Lonely Padme
06-24-2002, 07:11 PM
On the topic of Masterpiece Edition,
the Borders at El Camino and Mathilda in Sunnyvale is selling the Aura Sing and C3PO for $19.99.

-> Fightoned, thanks for the info at MV Walmart, picked up Ob1 and last Han (slightly dented though...) but no Chewie...

mola ram
06-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Nothing new at Blossom Hill Walmart, must be inventory time or something.

mola ram
06-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Nothing new at Silver Creek Target or Blossom Hill Toysrus. Hope this saves some people time instead of having to go there.

fightoned
06-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Lonely Padme
On the topic of Masterpiece Edition,
the Borders at El Camino and Mathilda in Sunnyvale is selling the Aura Sing and C3PO for $19.99.

-> Fightoned, thanks for the info at MV Walmart, picked up Ob1 and last Han (slightly dented though...) but no Chewie...

Thanks Lonly Padme! I picked up a copy ME Aura Sing! I wondered how they would fill a book with just a character with seconds of screen time. I see it covers all bounty hunters. Cool.

Slacker Jedi
06-25-2002, 03:42 PM
Okey-day,
I know this thread is meant for stuff we find in local stores, but I thought nobody here would mind if I mention I just got my acklay from yestertoys...
They're selling them for 16 nonmint and 18 mint. I just got non-mint.
They also have unleashed darth maul, jango & boba; djas puhr, palpatine, etc., etc., etc....

Thunder408
06-25-2002, 04:31 PM
thanks mola ram
your posts always save me some time
thanks again

mola ram
06-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill wal mart

fightoned
06-26-2002, 11:33 AM
Sunnyvale Target had about 10 people working in Toys this morning. They empited boxes of Vader/Luke wave and the Nexu deluxe wave. No Palpy or Dasj. I didn't wait to see if they were going to get more boxes. I had to get to work.

mola ram
06-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Nothing new at blossom hill Toyrus but they were still unpacking so there might be stuff there later today. Silver Creek Target had nothing either except the bespin wave again.

Lonely Padme
06-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Nothing new at TRU at Sunnyvale, San Carlos or Foster City.

What's more disappointing, is that they are restocking the pegs with old stuff.

One nice find was a POTJ Amedda Mas figure.