PDA

View Full Version : NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Lonely Padme
06-26-2002, 09:51 PM
Damn!...
I'd just recently joined this forum, and looking back at the older posts I realized all the Orn Taa Free's were picked up around end of May/beginning of June. And it seems that it was mostly found in WM or Target.

And I've been only checking out TRU... Damn!

fightoned
06-26-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Lonely Padme
Nothing new at TRU at Sunnyvale, San Carlos or Foster City.

What's more disappointing, is that they are restocking the pegs with old stuff.

One nice find was a POTJ Amedda Mas figure.

Were there any Amedda left and where exactly did you find him?

Thunder408
06-27-2002, 12:24 AM
lonely padme
i have a extra orn fre taa, qui gon, and massiff to return/get rid of
if you need

Lonely Padme
06-27-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by fightoned

Were there any Amedda left and where exactly did you find him?

No, it was the only one. It was at the Sunnyvale TRU.
Once in a while they have some interesting POTJ figures. They don't look particular MIMC, and they certainly don't look like they took out fresh cases (otherwise there would be multiples).
I'm almost guessing that someone returned it.

I once saw an Aurra Sing and a Queen Decoy. I regretted for not getting it because it was gone the next day.

Lonely Padme
06-27-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Thunder408
lonely padme
i have a extra orn fre taa, qui gon, and massiff to return/get rid of
if you need

Thanks Thunder408, I've sent you a PM.

BTW, I've just found out about the Private Message stuff. Cool!

c_richards
06-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Howdy Howdy Howdy......

Thought I'd let you know the latest in my area.... Not A Damn thing!

Newark - TRU
Mostly old stock. No Orn Free Taa wave, but pleanty of Vader/Luke wave. Also had a lot of the FX-7 and Bo Shek Wave.

Newark - Target (Newpark Mall)
Same old same old. They had a few Nexu's and Ani's, but nothing new in terms of figures.

Newark - K&B (Newpark)
A lot of the Luke/Vader wave, and the old stuff

Newark - Suncoast Motion Picture Company (Newpark)
I went there with the intention to get the movie Popeye on VHS (we want to do an MST3K thing on a really bad film), but they did have new glass AOTC Steins, tins, and a lot of the Bo Shek/Teebo Wave.

SL - Target
Nothing new.... Did see a lot of the Luke/Vader wave though.

SL - K-Mart
Zip, Zero, Zilch, Nada, Nathan, NOTHING!!!!!

Hope the info helps....
Happy Hunting and MTFBWY!

mola ram
06-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Nothing new at silver creek target or blossom hill wal mart.

Slacker Jedi
06-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Stonestown KB had a few unleashed figures today (both Maul and Jango & Boba), not much else.

king4lkw
06-27-2002, 06:07 PM
landess target, mckee tru
diddly squat!

however, nice to see at target the lego final duel ii set (? the one with the imperial, stormtrooper, and luke) temporarily being marked down to 5.74 from 6.99, which simply amounts to cheaper army builders :D

fightoned, were you looking for an Amedda? I'm not quite sure if I have an extra but if you are, let me know then i can dig through my carded figure boxes to find out if I do (and heck, I haven't looked at my carded figures in a while)

fightoned
06-27-2002, 06:21 PM
yeah Hing4lkw I am still looking for an amedda. That would be great if you have one extra. I don't have much extras to trade so I would rather buy it off of you. Thanks again!

mola ram
06-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart.

c_richards
06-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Hello all...

Coming home from work last night, I decided to stop off at the Union City Wal-Mart. Pleanty of the Luke/Vader wave, including several Lukes with the flesh colored peg, and a few of the silver peg. Funny thing was very few Vaders were found.

I did however pick up a new STAR WARS T-Shirt which has a banner like picture running across the front of the shirt of Vader fighting Luke from Jedi (artwork from the poster), and a rather large image of Vader on the right chest area. There is an image of Vader on the back of the shirt as well.

They also had a shirt of Vader fighting Obi-Wan in ANH, as well as a shirt with a large graphic of Vader, and his TIE.

At least it's Friday, and I can make the rounds. If I find anything, I'll let you know!!!!!

MTFBWY

c_richards
06-28-2002, 12:01 PM
I thought I would let you all know that I just ordered Djas Puhr, and Palpatine via KBKids.com They had the figures for $4.99 each, and with shipping both came to a bit over 15 bucks.

I have no idea if they had any more left, as when I tried to order two of each, I was told they could only let me have 1 of each.

MTFBWY!

fightoned
06-28-2002, 01:57 PM
I know this is totally unrelated but I a couple of weeks ago I asked StarWars.com jedi council a question and I see it has been answered by none other than Rick McCallum.

I had taped a bunch of Ewoks and Driods shows off of SciFi back in 1995/96 in the hopes that my (at the time baby) son may want to see them in the future. Well now that he is 7 he as watch all of them and totally loved them. So I figured I'd ask the question not expecting to ever get an answer.

Here it is:

Q: Any chance the two Ewok movies or the Ewoks and Droids cartoon series will be released on DVD?

A: I hope so. Definitely.

At some point after we're finished with Episode III, we'd really like to make all of that material available to our fans on DVD.

Unfortunately, we won't be even thinking of making any firm plans until we're finished with this trilogy.

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020626.html

Later,
Ed

P.S. Went to Walmart and Target in MT view today lots of Darths and Lukes but nothing past that wave. Also went to KB at 280/stevens creek and KB in Westgate mall. They didn't even have any darths/lukes.

No sign of Aclay or Djas Puhr. Ugh!

c_richards
06-28-2002, 02:16 PM
I had taped a bunch of Ewoks and Driods shows off of SciFi back in 1995/96 in the hopes that my (at the time baby) son may want to see them in the future. Well now that he is 7 he as watch all of them and totally loved them. So I figured I'd ask the question not expecting to ever get an answer.

Fightoned-
Did you ever pick up Droids or Ewoks on VHS? I remember a few years back, it has to be at least 5 years now, that both Droids and Ewoks were released on VHS in collectors Clamshell cases. They came out when I was with Target, so naturally i bought both. If I remember correctly, they were like $9.99 a piece, and I think they are still available...I could be wrong!

I would suggest you try a local Suncoast Motion Picture Company, or even try a few sites like Amazon.com and see if they are available.

That's really cool you got an answer from Rick McCallum himself!
Along that same vein.... you might want to check out the Photo captions section, specifically... this page
http://www.starwars.com/community/captions/2002/06/captions20020618.html

I had one of my captions posted. I use the SN Wedge_A for STAR WARS.com, and they posted one of my captions on their site! :)

Take care, and good luck hunting down the videos!!!!!
MTFBWY!

mola ram
06-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Nothing new at Silver Creek Target. The Kbtoys on Stevens Creek had the unleashed figures. They also had an unopened sw 12" box labeled ultimate villians so I think it might be the two clone troopers; I didn't open it to check though. The Kbtoys in valley fair had one unleashed boba fett and some dookus but nothing else.

fightoned
06-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by c_richards

Fightoned-
Did you ever pick up Droids or Ewoks on VHS? I remember a few years back, it has to be at least 5 years now, that both Droids and Ewoks were released on VHS in collectors Clamshell cases. They came out when I was with Target, so naturally i bought both. If I remember correctly, they were like $9.99 a piece, and I think they are still available...I could be wrong!

<CUT>

Yeah they came out in 97 but I couldn't bring myself to buying them when I already had them copied on VHS from SciFi. I typically don't buy VHS as it is because of the poor quality. I was a laserdisc man. (I can at least watch E 4, 5, & 6 in laserdisc quality!)

I'll check out your link right now.

Ed

Lonely Padme
06-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Well, no sooner did I mention the Queen's decoy (Sabe), I've found her again at Sunnyvale TRU.

Not in MIMC, slight creased on the back.

Slacker Jedi
06-29-2002, 02:45 PM
Seems like SF TRU finally got Han & Chewie wave... they also got more 12" Jangos, about 10 of them...

Thunder408
06-30-2002, 04:07 PM
I didnt get a chance to post this find, but it was a very unexpected one! Went to my local Kmart wed or thurs around 5pm-6pm to get a 12 pack of cherry coke for 1.99 each. I think thats a hot deal... but that's besides the point. Usually I have this idea that kmart's are just ghetto, and that they never restock, and what they do have leftover from any RARE restocking, usually gets the crap beaten out of it by the kids. Not even worth my time, so i walked in one day... decided to take a look before i get some soda, and saw a black aotc figure... low and behold djas puhr, right behind it palpatine! BOTH MOMC! VERY VERY excellent FIND!

Lonely Padme
07-01-2002, 03:21 AM
Saw a semi MIB EP1 Federation Driod Fighters for $4.99 at Sunnyvale TRU (I don't collect vehicles).

Should be in th Simpsons section if you can still find it.

c_richards
07-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Hello all-

I hope you had a good weekend, and managed to get some good stuff. Sorry to day that I came back empty handed.

Friday night - Walked Newpark Mall again.
Target - Showed signs of restock, but only Vader/Luke wave.

K&B - Same assortment as Target, also had the Mace/Jango wave in good quantities.

TRU - Only Vader/Luke wave along with older POTF figures like Bo Shek, R4-M9, Teebo, Zutton, etc.

Saturday

TRU - Hayward
Had the Vader/Luke wave in. My friend that works there said they had the Han and Orn Free Taa waves on Thursday. He picked up the last Solo (grey button) but held off on Orn Free Taa

Target - San Leandro
Tons of the Luke/Vader wave hanging...a few of the Deluxe Nexus and Anis...

K-Mart - San Leandro
No signs of a restock since 4/23

K&B - Bay Fair Mall - San Leandro
Remnants of the Orn Free Taa wave left. No signs of the Massiff, pleanty of Orn Free Taa, a few troops (looks like Kevin Smith/Silent Bob), and only one Qui-Gon. I asked the girl there if they had any Djas Puhr or Palpatine in the back, she told me everything was out and another shipment was coming in Tuesday.

whether this shipment has Puhr/Palpatine, who knows....

Sunday

Southland Mall - Hayward
K&B - Pleanty of 4/23 figures, a few remants of the Luke/Vader wave, and one Endor Soldier on a really bent up card.

Wal-Mart - San Leandro
Same as most of the other stores. Had a good quantity of the STAR WARS Unleashed out. Only had Jango and Maul.

I did pick up an extra Endor Trooper for my TRU Buddy, but that's it. I'm sure this is also a bit off the subject, but if anyone is interested in getting some STAR WARS T-Shirts, I suggest you hit Sears in Souhtland Mall, and also Hot Topic in Bayfair Mall. Both had a few STAR WARS shirts, and if they would have had some in my size, I would have bought a few! :)

Take care all...and MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Blossom Hill Walmart had several unleashed figures and some 12" Jangos. Silver Creek Target had nada. Maybe tommorrow?

fightoned
07-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Nothing as of 4PM today at:

Target Sunnyvale
TRU Sunnyvale
KB Stevens/280
KB Valco
Kmart Sunnyvale

Where are Dajs Puhr/Palpatine, and the Aclay!

Later,
Ed

Slacker Jedi
07-01-2002, 08:50 PM
"Where are Djas Puhr/Palpatine, and the Acklay!"

They're on their way to my mailbox, thanks to yestertoys.com! ;)

I just can't stand to keep looking in every store every day...

Thunder408
07-01-2002, 08:53 PM
saw the 12" jango for the 1st time...
looks pretty cool
had to get one
thanks again

yoda2323
07-02-2002, 06:57 AM
hey guys, noticed kbtoys have been getting the playskool sets again, they are pretty cool. Also Eastridge mall kb has a ton of unleashed figures both Boba and Maul, they also had a few 12inch Jango's..

mola ram
07-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart. Silver Creek Target got more bespin wave in but nothing else. Kmart on Blossom hill also had nothing.

c_richards
07-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Greetings everyone.
I have a question for you all....granted this may not be the right area for it, and please forgive me, but I thought I would ask.

Does anyone here think the Endor Rebel Trooper looks like Kevin Smith (Silent Bob)? I have shown the figure to a few of my friends, and they all agree he does.

I hopefully will be able to break away later today to make a run to K-Mart to pick up a few non-SW related items (the Aerosmith CD, and MIB II soundtrack)

I may have not told you, but I did manage to get Puhr/Palpatine from KBkids.com, and I just got a mail from my buddy in Arizona, saying he came across a pallett full of the new SW figures including Puhr/Palpatine at his local Wally World.

He picked up a Palpatine for himself and said it looks pretty decent! :)

Now I want mine even more!!!!!! :)

MTFBWY!

Lonely Padme
07-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Nothing new at Sunnyvale TRU and San Carlos TRU.

mola ram
07-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Nothing new at Blossom Hill Walmart

c_richards
07-03-2002, 11:25 AM
"Greetings Programs"

I took a ride to Target in SL last night. I wasn't able to break away from work, clients starting to go bonkers before an extended weekend.

Anyways, as I mentioned, I did get one of the CD's I was looking for (Aerosmith), and did a brief run through on the toy department.

Absolutely nothing. Remnants of the Mace/Jango and the Luke/Vader waves still hung on the pegs, no new 12", creatures, or anything at all! I hate to say it but it appears that the Target -SL well has dried up for the moment.

They COULD (emphasis on could) get a massive influx of material, but from what I have witnessed in the past I am thinking that's just wishful thinking. Unless they have a lot of merchadise in the back they are not putting on the floor!!!!!!

Oh well...
Take care everyone, have a great holiday weekend, and
MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Nothing new at Silvercreek Target. They've only received one shipment of the palpatine but the bespin wave seems to just keep coming and coming.

mistikal07
07-04-2002, 05:41 AM
went to Walmart Union City tonight at 9pm. I found 4 Acklays, 1 Ultimate Jango, 4 Nexus, about 20 boxes of Collection 2 Wave 4 (Orn Free and friends), and a box of Unleashed Figures. I bought an Acklay.

In all liklihood, the Acklays and Unleashed figures should be gone by 2am this morning (july 4). But if you need Orn, ERS, geo w/ massif, and qui-gon then there should be plenty. happy hunting.

mola ram
07-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Finally got the palpatine and djas. There is a bunch of them at blossom hill walmart and some massif, orn fre taa, and endor soldier also. Happy fourth of july!

Lonely Padme
07-05-2002, 10:32 AM
GOAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!

Following mola ram's lead the Walmart at MV had everything. Mostly palp's, endor soldier and djas. I was lucky to finally found orn free taa and massiff. Also tons of qui gon jinn.

Better go fast, cause I saw a scalper hogging everything!!!

stormie
07-05-2002, 12:04 PM
I too found the Djas/Palpy wave at the MV Wal-Mart yesterday. I saw that Orn Free and the Massiff...glad an actual collector got 'em, and not some loser looking to score a few bucks. I was also amazed at the number of Geonosian Warriors they had. No Acklays, though.

Lonely Padme
07-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah, there were lots of unleashed figures at MV walmart too. They didn't interest me that much cause I don't collect them.

Slacker Jedi
07-05-2002, 06:30 PM
So nobody has seen unleashed Anakin yet, right?

I can't wait for the unleashed Anakin & Padme.... *sigh*

fightoned
07-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Great I knew this would happen. I go on vacation and then Dajs comes out! Ugh! Could someone in the south bay do me a favor and pick one up for me? (I don't care about the Palpatine just yet.) I won't be back in SJ until the 20th.

Thanks much!

yoda2323
07-08-2002, 03:43 AM
Not sure if everyone knows or cares but the Longs drugstores around the Bay have been getting the Star Wars Lego Pens, they are really cool, Bye

c_richards
07-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Greetings everyone.

I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th, and extended weekend, should your employer chose to do so! I came home empty handed, however, I did get my Purh/Palpatine via Priority mail on the 3rd. I am impressd with Puhr, but Palpatine...I'm sorry....but his liver spots needs to be done a bit better.

It really does look like someone's about to play connect the dots on his face,either that, or Palpatine has a serious case of zit or chicken pox!

The spots aren't bright red, but they are not a dull grey. they are kinda a reddish grey, and are really noticeable!

Here's the rest of the findings for the extended weekend

Thursday
TRU - Hayward
Several of the Final Battle Jangos, and Maces in stock. No signs of the Acklay, or others.

K&B - Southland Mall
See above. I did see one ERS, but the card was seriously jacked!

Friday - Stayed home and relaxed. No figure hunting for me.....

Saturday - No figure hunting. Went to see Minority Report.

Sunday
Wally World - Union City
pleanty of the Orn Free Taa wave in stock. No signs of Ultimate Jangos or Acklays.

On a non-SW subject, if anyone is looking for a good Sci-Fi movie....Minority Report was excellent! The story line was terrific, and the plot was pretty decent!

Good luck finding the new stuff.....
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-08-2002, 07:32 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with stuff sold in stores...

Today is a very special day. Today is the day I got my first shipment of SW Japanese Pepsi bottle caps, and they are BEAUTIFUL! They really put Hasbro's sculptors to shame!!!

If you have the means to get some of these beauties, by all means I highly recommend you do. I will probably have a bit of repeats when I'm done collecting, and would be happy to trade with other collectors in the Bay area.

You really have to see these....

c_richards
07-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Slacker-
Can you take any pictures and post them? I'd like to see them, and I think everyone else here would like to see them too! :)

Thunder408
07-09-2002, 06:32 PM
hey all.... has anyone seen the han chewy wave released?
i remember seeing posts of them at the sunnyvale walmart and blossom hill.... but never heard of it again

Bhen_Kenobi
07-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Anyone from around the Vallejo area...Got the Chewie wave a month ago from a friend who was traveling through Wisconson of all places. Have not seen any here in the V. Just got Ultimate Fett at KB in Fairfield a few weeks ago.

Aelina
07-09-2002, 06:45 PM
Just was at MV Wal-Mart (3 PM Tues). Pegs are *stuffed*. Han, Chewy, Palpy. all in abundance. Everything from #34 to #40 seen. Most of it on VG cards, at least until the kids get to it. Stuff on the shelf above the pegs in pretty good shape, and unlikely to be touched except by collectors.

Ak rev
07-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Han & Chewy wave at Walmart Milpitas yesterday 7/8/02. None found this morning. I believe Saturday, 06/29/02 Han & Chewy were found at Mountain View Walmart.

Aelina
07-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Also, MV Wal-Mart had the Deluxe Luke and Nexu, and a bunch of SW Unleashed.

Slacker Jedi
07-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi,
Regarding the Pepsi bottle caps, I don't have a digital camera, so I can't take photos of the ones I have.
However, if you go to eBay and do a search for "Star Wars Pepsi Japan Caps" or "Star Wars Bottle Caps" you should see an auction with photos of all of them.
The complete set of 54 has been selling for up to $400... that's so eBay!!!

Thunder408
07-10-2002, 03:26 AM
Thanks aelina and akrev!
got my obi wan, chewy, and han solo
figures werent MOMC but close to it...
went across the street to Target and found a MOMC solo... couldnt resist
anyone know anything about the next figures? or seem them?

Bhen_Kenobi
07-10-2002, 11:34 AM
found palpy, dajs, and the han and chewy wave. alot of them in wal mart in vallejo. They also had a bunch of maul and fett unleashed as well as deluxe anakin.

c_richards
07-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Thunder 408-

Which wave are you looking for? If you are looking for Puhr/Palpatine, they are still pretty hard to find. I ordered mine from KBkids.com, but the cards came a bit dinged and bent, and they also had nice stickers on the front for Warehouse ID and processing. (At least the stickers were removeable!)

The next wave I have heard of will have:

Darth Maul (Sith Training) #42
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack) #43
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master) #44
Teemto Pagalies (Pod Racer) #46

No word as to when Padme' (Coruscant Attack) or Ephant Mon (Jabba's Head of Security) will ship!

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-10-2002, 01:43 PM
I am *so* looking forward to the "Darth Maul" wave... :D

Slacker Jedi
07-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Hi again, I posted earlier about the Japanese Pepsi bottle caps, which are being sold on eBay.
It looks like I'm going to have quite a few extras leftover after I finish the whole set, so if anybody here is interested, let me know and we can sell/trade.
If you like, I can meet you in SF and show you what I have before you decide whether you want them or not.
You can pick & choose, and not have to pay shipping from Japan!!

Anyway, back to the regular thread info....

Thunder408
07-10-2002, 05:22 PM
C_richards

hello
i've managed to get everything up to 40... just wondering if 41-46 have been spotted ? or even released yet

c_richards
07-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Thunder-

I haven't seen any of the new ones like Maul or Padme, so I doubt they are released...but SSG did post an article on the main site that a place out of Japan had the Maul wave, and you could get all 4 of the new figures for like $45.00 plus an extra $20.00 for shipping!

I don't know about you...but that's way too freaking rich for my blood. I'll wait for the shops to get them which should be in about another month or so!

The only other things I know are out are the Variant Mace/BD deluxe set where the BD is RED, and the Acklay. Both I have yet to see!

Hope that can help you out....somewhat.

Take care, Happy Hunting, and MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-10-2002, 07:13 PM
I haven't heard anything about the Maul wave being out anywhere in the U.S. yet, haven't even seen them on eBay...
but I'm sure it won't be long now... like sharks, we the collectors have to keep constantly moving forward, Hasbro knows that.... ;)

c_richards
07-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Apparently they are about ready to ship them out from Hong Kong any day now....so give them a bit...maybe a week or two at the earliest and we MIGHT (highly emphasize might) be starting to see them on ebay then! :)

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Ah.... the calm before the storm! ;)

Pellaeon
07-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Just in case anyone is still missing Djas or Palpatine, they have had them hanging at the San Leandro WalMart for the last 3+ days. No Acklay that I saw. I also noted that they expanded their pegs, including pegs for the Deluxe figs. Interesting that all of these Deluxe pegs were only 1/2 full. It is possible that the new Mace/Red BD were there and picked off by scalpers hitting the store at opening, this is pure speculation, but I do not see any other reason for the deluxe pegs to be 1/2 full when the basic pegs were overflowing.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 03:17 AM
I made a trip down to my local Wal-Mart just before closing today and they had just about EVERYTHING! Orn Free Taa, Bespin Chewie, Endor Han, Massif, Pilot Obi Wan, and Djas Puhr. Except for Palpatine and Djas Puhr, they were all literally dripping from the pegs!

fightoned
07-12-2002, 10:57 AM
I finally got a Palpatine and Djas Puhr! I am out on the east coast on vacation and found them at a Walmart. Yeah! It looks like they are popping up there as well. Later.

mola ram
07-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Silver Creek Target had every new figure including chewbacca, han, palpatine, massif and djas. They had both white and grey hans. I also got the mace with the red droid but that was the only one I saw. Walmart on blossom hill has a ton of massif and obi wan. Happy hunting!

c_richards
07-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone!

I thought I would let you know of my "exploits" over the weekend!

Target - SL
Friday night, I walked through Target. They had a good quantity of the Han Solo, and Obi-Wan's but Chewie was no where to be found. I only found 1 grey variant, and the rest where white, but the grey varient was on a very messed up card, and not worth buying.

I did pick up an extra Han and Obi-Wan, and ended up putting the Obi-Wan in the Jedi Starfighter. I also did manager to put the dish into the hole on the side of the ship, although I did have to "tweak" the hole a bit. I ended up taking a hobby knife and gently scraping/drilling the hole out a bit more to make it bigger!

Target was also putting out their back to school stuff, and I did notice a lot of Episode II items like Backpacks and lunch boxes. No signs of binders, folders or anything else.

I ended up picking up a STAR WARS lunch box (hard plastic, not the soft sides) with a design of Jango Fett. It came with a thermos with a design of Slave I on it. If I remember right it was $4.99.

Saturday-
TRU - Hayward
Nothing new here. A lot of the same figures from 4/23 still hanging and a few Mace's, and all that, but nothing too entertaining!

Hallmark
I came home from my friend's home to find that my parents had bought half of the new STAR WARS ornaments produced by Hallmark. The Death Star, Luke (Jedi) and Vader. The Death Star looks incredible, and the Luke and Vader are just very well done. I was also informed that I have the other 3 on order for me when they come in which should be in October sometime.... they are:
Obi-Wan (Episode II), Jango, and Slave I.

K-Mart - SL
No new figures. I did pick up the Episode II Calendar for $4.99, and some more packs of the AOTC CCG.

Sunday -
Nothing to report. No shopping for me, I went to see Croc Hunter.

mola ram
07-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Blossom Hill Walmart had nothing new. Silver Creek Target had more chewies, obi won and han. I read elsewhere that Ki adi mundi showed up at pleasanton walmart so I guess the hunt begins.

mola ram
07-15-2002, 01:27 PM
I just got Ki-adi and Teemto at milpitas walmart. They had a ton of palpatine and djas but I only saw three ki-adi's and one teemto. Happy hunting!

c_richards
07-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mola ram
I just got Ki-adi and Teemto at milpitas walmart. They had a ton of palpatine and djas but I only saw three ki-adi's and one teemto. Happy hunting!
Mola Ram-

Are they collection 1 or 2? I assume 2 since 1 appears to be main characters....but I want to double check/confim my assumption!

THX

MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-15-2002, 08:06 PM
They are both collection 2 figures. By the way, how was croc hunter?

mola ram
07-16-2002, 10:30 AM
Blossom Hill Walmart had the ki adi mundi and teemto this morning. I didn't pick any up as I already got them so there are about 3 Ki adi and 3 teemto that were visible still there. I did manage to get the acklay there as they finally got them. There are about 4 of them still there. Happy hunting!

c_richards
07-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Croc Hunter was pretty good.
It was basically an extended (90 min.) episode, with a much larger storyline!

Of course, Steve Irwin is running all over trying to get Crocs, Snakes and Spiders and just seeing him do some of the things he does makes me laugh. I'm sure he's not trying to be funny...but it just comes across that way!

Thanks for the info on the figs. Any signs of the Maul or Ani? This seems a bit weird to me since Ki Adi is #44, and Teemto is #46, but yet, there isn't any signs of 41-43, or 45. I wonder if Hasbro is starting to release these figures out of sequence, or if the others are out, and just haven't hit us yet!

mola ram
07-16-2002, 12:35 PM
I haven't seen the anakin or maul yet but some people have been reporting them in other states like Illinois. I'm sure they will probably hit within a week or two. It is weird that Ephant Mon is number 45, shown on the back of Ki and Teemto, but he is not out yet. I haven't read anywhere that he is out yet so I believe that these will remain out of sequence.

Thunder408
07-16-2002, 03:14 PM
i went to blossom hill walmart 3 hours too late =(
saw alot of new stuff... pegs were filled unlike several weeks ago

hey mola ram, could it be possible if you see more ki adi or other new figures that you could get momc ones and hide them someplace in the store for me? if you could i would greatly appreciate it

Lonely Padme
07-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Went to MV Walmart and found only Ki (no Teemto). Probably all picked up already.
I went at 9, but I know many people wait outside before the store open (at 7). Many collectors, some scalpers.

c_richards
07-16-2002, 04:59 PM
I have it on good word that my mother picked up a Teemto an Ki Adi for me today at Wally World in SL. She got there Shortly after it opened.

Pelleaon, thanks for "holding" them for me! :)

Next on my list,
Padme (Coruscant Attack)
Ani (Tatooine Attack)
Maul (Sith Training)
Ephant Mon (Jabba's Head of Security)
etc.
etc.
etc.

It appears they are hitting Wal-Mart's first.

BTW - before I forget, I had to go to Target last night for something, and a brief run through the toys revealed a nice amount of Obi-Wan/Han wave and only 1 Chewie. I was going to get it, but since I already have one, I decided to let it go, and let another kid, or collector enjoy their luck! :)

MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Thunder - I'll put some aside if I see them and let you know.

If anyone is looking for obi won, chewie or han, blossom hill walmart had a bunch of them today and also milpitas walmart yesterday. Silver Creek Target had a couple chewies and some yodas and dookus also.

Does anyone know if the target exclusives are supposed to hit soon?

king4lkw
07-16-2002, 05:53 PM
just got back from milpitas wm and they had lots o djas, and no han wave, and no ki-adi :(

c_richards
07-16-2002, 05:58 PM
I have no clue when the Target exclusives are set to hit.
I'm even more embarrassed to admit, I have no idea what the Target exclusives are....either that, or, I'm having a "senior moment" and forgot what they are! :)

I would assume they should be coming out any time now...

Sorry I can't be of more help to anyone! :)

MTFBWY

mola ram
07-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Blossom Hill Walmart had nothing new today. Still one acklay when I left though. People were sure happy to get he-man though! The target exclusives are those accessory sets like the death star trooper with a bunch of junk and the scout trooper with a bunch of junk. This site posted them as being released in late july. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything.

c_richards
07-17-2002, 11:29 AM
Oh ok...now I know what you're talking about.
Sorry about that Mola Ram...I was thinking about something else.
I have no idea when they should be out. I would assume either towards the very end of this month, or the early part of next month! :)

mola ram
07-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Blossom Hill Walmart had a bunch of djas, massif, han and obi wans but nothing else new.

Pellaeon
07-18-2002, 01:50 PM
Found yesterday; San Leandro

WalMart-Ki Adi Mundi wave
Target-Red Battle Droid/Mace Windu

c_richards
07-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Nice finds Pellaeon-

Thanks for "holding" Ki-Adi and Teemto for me. Teemto looks sweet, and Ki-Adi kinda looks like a re-hash of the Episode 1 figure, with a bit more articulation! :)

Still..... great finds! :)

mola ram
07-19-2002, 10:20 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart. Someone did return a tie bomber if anyone needs one.

c_richards
07-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Found the Mace with the Red B.D. variation at SL Target last night.
It was the only one, and sitting right in front of the other Deluxe figures! :)

Also picked up the Vehicles 500 piece puzzle in the tin to work on!

Nothing planned for this weekend.

MTFBWY!

stormie
07-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Haven't chimed in lately...mostly because I haven't had a chance to check the stores (curse this infernal job!). Anyway, I went to the MV Target and WM duo last night and found the Mace w/red Battle Droid and the newer version of the Hangar Duel Anakin (the one with the peg instead of the magnet) at the Target. They also had quite a few Dookus and one Yoda. The Wal-Mart was brimming with the newer Palpy/Djas/Massif waves, but, alas, no Teemto or Ki-Adi.

Also, in case anyone is interested, the Humdinger Toy Show is tomorrow (Sat.) from (I believe) 11-4. It's at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds on Tully Road in San Jose. Cost is $6 (again, I believe). If you haven't been before, this is pretty much the largest toy show in the Bay Area...not one of those hotel-conference-room deals. It's a gymnasium full of tables, and I always find something. If you have a chance, check it out, and maybe get on their mailing list so you know when the next show is (usually 3-4 times a year). Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Lonely Padme
07-19-2002, 01:37 PM
TRU Sunnyvale finally had the Chewie, Han wave, if anyone needs them.

Slacker Jedi
07-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Saw a couple of Chewies, Hans and Pilot Obi-Wans this morning at SF TRU... not much else...

mola ram, thanks a bunch, I just read your PMs, sorry I didn't read earlier, had a very busy week on account of work... thanks!

c_richards
07-22-2002, 11:27 AM
Greetings all.

Don't be disappointed, and don't think I'm slipping, but I didn't do my normal toy run this past weekend. Namely I am trying to save a few $$$ so I can go ape-$h*t at Disneyland when I am there next month.

I did however manage to go out on a short trip to Bayfair Mall in SL on Friday night, and...the results were VERY VERY good! :)

Waldenbooks at Bayfair had 3 of the Masterpiece Edition Ani/Vader sets for $19.99. Being that this is the one I needed, and all, I snapped it up. The girl working there remembered me and how adimant I was about seeing Episode II, and she told me that she was hoping I'd come by to get one! :)

We starting chatting about STAR WARS, and everything, and I have to admit, it's very unusual to see a female interested in STAR WARS. To any and all females that read, or post to this thread, please do not take offense. I simply have not met many women that are interested in STAR WARS. Perfet example was my ex-girlfriend. She dealt with STAR WARS, but she told me on numerous occasions that STAR WARS was a fad, and "just a Sci-Fi movie". I told her that it wasn't and it was more a staple of American Pop Culture as well as an Iconic look at current times.

Anyways, long story short...no..I didn't get her number.... the girl's married! (Dang it...always happens to me too! And she was cute!!!!!!) :)

Aside from that, if there are any Trans-Fans out there (Transformer fans for you that aren't) I have seen 1 new figure from Armada out.

Until the next time.......

MTFBWY!!!!!!!

Pellaeon
07-22-2002, 11:32 AM
Glad you updated our section of the Forums, we were slipping....

Nothing new on my end except a card backed Geonosian Warrior. On those Star Tours figures, you sure you don't want some up front moola from me now that there are four of them, c_richards?

c_richards
07-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Pellaeon-

Hold off on the $$$$ right now. My thinking is, I'd rather make sure I can get the first, then get the money as I deliver the "bounty". If you pay me first, and something happens they aren't there.... Then I'll feel like a fool for not being able to get them! :)

I'll collect the "credits" after I turn over the "bounty" :)

MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-22-2002, 12:34 PM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart. I went to blossom hill toysrus over the weekend and noticed that they finally got every figure; they had a ton of palpatine, djas, chewie and hans. No x-wings were seen but I heard they were out in LA.

C richards - If you happen to see a bunch of the star tours figures, could you pick me up one of each on a nm-m card? It would be great if you could although it may be too hard to carry around those figures in the park all day.

c_richards
07-22-2002, 12:46 PM
I can't promise anything right now Mola Ram.
I have a very limited budget, and I don't have much room. I am only bringing a carry on with me so I don't have to go through the hassel of airport lugage check-in, and then wait for it afterwards. Space, time and money are against me.

I'll do the best I can, but if I can't.....I heard all the figures will eventually come out via the fan club!

MTFBWY!

stormie
07-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Skipped the obigatory weekend figure hunt to spend money at the toy show Saturday. Found a few vintage ships and a couple nice vintage carded figs (Tig Fromm and short-mouth Biker Scout) at bargain prices! Also managed to secure a no-peg Deluxe Jango and a Bootleg POTF2 deluxe Stormie. All in all a good toy show. Now for the currently shipping stuff...hopefully I'll be able to get to the stores soon! ;)

mola ram
07-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Nothing new at Blossom Hill Walmart. They got more chewies, hans, and a few djas and palpatines. By the way, the toy show mentioned by Stormie was ok. There were some deals but a lot of the people were selling things at silly prices like 15-20 dollars for an orange card leia. Maybe worth a trip once but not more than that.

C richards- I don't expect any promises or anything but if you do have some room and extra money, I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, the disney toy store opened yesterday in a soft opening and the figures were selling like crazy according to what I read.

c_richards
07-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Mola Ram-
I'll see what I can do. :)

Sorry if I'm not my chipper self today. I got news last night that one of my friends is moving to the other side of the Country, and I am not happy over it. She was the only girl I knew that was really into STAR WARS as much if not more than I was!!!!

If you are wonderin why her and I didn't hook up..... she's got a husband...and is pregnant, and I don't chase after women that are attached! :)

No sightings here....but then again, I didn't go out last night. Hopefully today....

Until the next time......

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
07-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Glad to see the StarTours figures are selling. Hopefully the mad rush will be short lived and sales will come down to more of a steady state, with the supply remaining steady. If the supply is there, then whether we get them via a trip, order from Disneyland/World, or from the FanClub, we should be able to get them. The key is to be patient and NOT PAY THE SCALPERS.

c_richards
07-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Pellaeon....
You are totally right. just to let you know...I also have a bit of an advantage too. I have a buddy of mine coming along... I only hope they don't limit quantities.....if they do, then it's time to have him get a set, I get a set... and then wait for a bit.....go back and get more! :)

MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Nothing new at silvercreek target. Sorry to hear about your friend. I guess I'm lucky that my wife actually likes star wars almost as much as I do. Hopefully, this week I will see the deluxe 3-PO. I don't want the yoda though. Happy hunting.

stormie
07-23-2002, 01:00 PM
Mola Ram-- Sorry you didn't enjoy the toy show. I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. There are always those bozos at toy shows that go around selling easily acquired stuff for outrageous prices. But for every 10 bozos, there's at least one bargain. Basically I go to shows for vintage stuff, to take a peek (not buy) at stuff I haven't seen yet (saw Teemto this time), to possibly find stuff not available anywhere else (the Japanese imports), and to talk with some of the dealers and collectors. One thing I did find out a few years ago; toy shows are definitely not the place to find bargains on the latest Star Wars toys available at retail. ;)

mola ram
07-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Stormie - The show wasn't too bad just not worth going to many times over. I wasn't looking for the newest items as I already have them up to teemto and ki adi anyways. Orange cards are not sold at retail stores anymore unless you know of some place then let me know;) Ebay has most of the older figures, not vintage, but Episode 1 for example for half the price offered at the toy show. Anyway, it was cool to see a bunch of vintage transformers and such. Maybe I'll go to pick those up another time. Must get a soundwave and optimus.

c_richards
07-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by stormie
Basically I go to shows for vintage stuff, to take a peek (not buy) at stuff I haven't seen yet (saw Teemto this time), to possibly find stuff not available anywhere else (the Japanese imports), and to talk with some of the dealers and collectors.

You too? I may have ran into you then a few times. Do you ever hit the shows at Cenntenial Hall in Hayward when they have them? I'm usually there. I'll also hit other shows if I have the time. :)

I actually have ran across a few good bargins at shows!!! I think my best was a few Transformer items...but STAR WARS is always a bit more expensive. I shelled out 20 bucks for a Swimming Jar Jar, and an R2-Q5...but I didn't think that was too bad.

A helpful hint: You might want to bring a copy of Toy Fare, AFNTR, or another toy mag that you find very reputable. That way if you see something you might want to get....look up the high and low prices...and try to make an offer in the middle. I have found that to work a lot. Also....it helps if you go in with a list of things you are looking for.... I sometimes forget if I have a certain figure, variant, etc.....so if I work from a list...then I know what I do and don't need, want, etc. !!! :)

Happy Hunting....
MTFBWY!

IG-89
07-23-2002, 02:16 PM
On the subject of Toy Shows...can some of you guys post information on any upcoming ones? I only know of those that are in the Southbay like the fore mentioned 'Humdinger' but would be very appreciative to know of others happening 'round the Bay.

I too am searching for vintage stuffs. Thanks.

c_richards
07-23-2002, 02:43 PM
I don't know of any coming up really soon.
I believe the one at Cenntenial Hall in Hayward is in November sometime. It used to be twice a year.... but now it's only once.

I'll double check and let you know ASAP!

MTFBWY!

stormie
07-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Don't give up Mola Ram! ;) Sometimes those shows can be disappointing, but sometimes they're quite good. In the past I've nabbed great deals on orange carded stuff ($2-3 each) and a Swimming Jar Jar in Star Case for $10 (which I promptly opened and used the $2 Star Case for a vintage Stormie). This last show I even got a Deluxe Jango (with no peg holes) for retail. I never go expecting to buy, so when I find something it's all the more gratifying. :)

I picked up a flyer at the Humdinger for a show in Newark in early August. I'll bring it to work tomorrow and post the info. I also believe there's another Collector Quest happening in October at the usual Hotel in Santa Clara. I think I may have a flyer for that as well, which, of course, I'll post.

I've never been over to the Hayward show. And I used to go to a lot more shows (before eBay started taking all the good deals ;)). The Collector Quest started getting real small and full of all the people that sell for outrageous prices, so I stopped going. However, I talked to someone at the show on Saturday, and they remarked that the Collector Quest has become a lot bigger and better. I'll probably try to hit that one when it comes around again.

If anyone hears of any shows, let's post the info on this thread or even create a Bay Area thread in the Conventions/Shows section. :D

Pellaeon
07-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Just an editorial, but I consider myself a 3.75" completist. However, I find myself having to redefine what this means. With these new "Japan Tour" Mara Jade and Aurra Sing figures, I will have to consider these as outside of the completist requirements, as they are the same figures repackaged. Its getting soooo bad now that it is almost impossible to reasonably get each figure made. I think Hasbro is shooting itself in the foot by allowing all of these exclusives.

c_richards
07-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
Just an editorial, but I consider myself a 3.75" completist. However, I find myself having to redefine what this means. With these new "Japan Tour" Mara Jade and Aurra Sing figures, I will have to consider these as outside of the completist requirements, as they are the same figures repackaged. Its getting soooo bad now that it is almost impossible to reasonably get each figure made. I think Hasbro is shooting itself in the foot by allowing all of these exclusives.

Pellaeon- I consider myself the same way... heck I even went as far as claiming that when I was interviewed for the paper back in May.

But I too am starting to question my statement. I think in my view a more accurate statement is that I TRY to get all the figures, and starships, crafts, monsters, etc packed with figures, but I have to also live within my means!

I am proud to say that I have all the figures from Hasbro starting from 1995 to current un-opened...with the exception of 4...
they are
POTF - CommTech Chips
Princess Leia - Hood Up w/ Sporting Blaster
Admiral Motti

Episode I w/ Commtech
Sio Bibble
Pit Droid 2-Pack

Aside from these 4 elusive figures, I would say my collection is rather complete. Many thanks goes out to the people that have helped me attain this stature, my folks, my buddies, and most recently.... my newest buddy.... Pellaeon!!!

It's thanks to the dedication, hard work, and endless hours of scouring the toy store shelves that have helped me attain some of my items in my collection.

Am I completest? I would like to think I am, but there also has to be limits on what you would consider essential to a collection! I for one probably will not get the 25th Anniversary R2, as I didn't get the Vader. I'd love to have a Jorg Sacul, but I refuse to pay a scalper/pirate an exhuberant amount of money for a 3.75" doll of George Lucas in an X-Wing Pilots uniform.

I have to use rational thought for two things....money, and space! I am quickly running out of space to harbor my toys, and I feel it's unfair to have my folks (yes, I still live at home) to clear out a space in order for me to replace the previous contents with toys!

Figures are easy to take care of as I try to get a few of the shipping cases, then I just repack them and boom....instant storage! :)

I hope this give people a clearer (is that even a word) idea of what type of collector I am!:)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

fightoned
07-23-2002, 11:27 PM
I am still looking for anything after the Palpatine/Das wave. Today I checked MV Target and Walmart, then TRU winchester, and KB Westgate. Nothing after the Han/Chewie wave.

Has anyone seen the Acklay yet?

mola ram
07-24-2002, 12:12 AM
Go to blossom hill toyrus. On saturday, they had about 15 palpatines. The djas was at blossom hill walmart this morning and will probably be there tomorrow also. I got the acklay at blossom hill walmart about a week ago but haven't seen any since then.

mola ram
07-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart this morning.

stormie
07-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey, the return of fightoned! Welcome back Ed. Hope your vacation was good! :)

Anyway, as promised, I have started a thread in the Conventions section that lists toy shows in Northern California. I listed a show that's taking place on Aug. 11. If you know or hear of any other upcoming shows, use the thread to post. Hopefully we'll all have an opportunity to attend some of these in the future. :D

BTW, didn't find anything new at the MV stores, either. ;) No Acklays, Teemtos, or Ki-Adis anywhere.

Slacker Jedi
07-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Managed to find Deluxe Mace w/red battle droid at Sunnyvale Target this morning.
Also, got my Teemto and Ki-adi-mundi thanks to mola ram! Thanks mola ram!

fightoned
07-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Hey Stormie, yeah I'm back. I had a great time.

So I went to Sunnyvale TRU and Target. I too saw a red droid/Mace at Target but I couldn't get myself to buy it. I'll wait for the red battle droid to be repackaged in those Target exclusives.
Anyway I went to KB in Vallco and the one on Stevens Creek/280. Nothing new there. Not even a Han or Chewie.

Where are those Acklays, Teemtos, etc?

RooJay
07-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Any of you guys ever been to Action Figure Source in Concord?

mola ram
07-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart, still a ton of chewies, hans, djas and massif.

c_richards
07-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Scoped out Wally World in SL last night, again.

No new figures. A few Djas hanging, but no signs of Palpatine. Another collector and I began to talk about STAR WARS figures, and he was a bit upset that he's going to miss out on the Star Tours figures since they are due to be released in August, and he just came back from there! :)

He walked out with an Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot) and Han Solo (white button). No signs of Chewie either.

I also stopped at Wal-Mart Union City on the way home form work last night, and nothing new. I went in looking for any Transformers Armada figures, and they had nothing on the floor. It appears that they might be slowly moving the STAR WARS toys over to the regular toy area. They had about 3 rows of pegs filled with figures, basic and deluxe.

No Dajs or Palpatine there, no Teemto or Ki-Adi either.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

mola ram
07-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Nothing new at silvercreek target. I did however get the target exclusives - death star trooper w/accessories, hoth soldier, and biker scout at the Landess Ave Target. I opted out for the battle droid w/accessories. They had about two other sets of the four when I left. Happy hunting!

Lonely Padme
07-25-2002, 01:08 PM
Sunnyvale TRU update:
The Djas/Palpatine/Endor Soldier wave finally showed up.
Likely to be gone by lunch.
No Ki-Adi or Teemto.

Slacker Jedi
07-25-2002, 01:40 PM
Stonestown KB Toys had plenty of figures 33-40 this morning.
Too bad I already had all of them!

stormie
07-25-2002, 04:17 PM
Nothing new (meaning no site of Teemto, Ki-Adi, Acklays, the Deluxe sets, or the X-Wing) at the RWC Target, Kmart, and TRU as of 12-1 today!

c_richards- The RWC TRU had some of the Transformer Armada sets. Just in case you're interested in "slumming" over on the Peninsula! ;)

c_richards
07-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Cool....thanks for the 411 Stormie!

I have to head out that way soon!

mola ram
07-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart just some more palpatines and djas. By the way, the new micro machines were also at landess ave target.

c_richards
07-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Nothing new at Target SL last night.
I did see a Mace w/ Red BD there, and Target lowered the prices of the 500 piece puzzles in the tins from $8.99 to $6.80 (clearance).

Hopefully this weekend will net bigger and better "fish" :)

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
07-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Nothing at SL Target again this morning. Unfortunately, they are flooded with Deluxe and standard figs., so if they had those new accessory packs, they wouldn't have room to put them out. I checked out the photos, and at least a couple of the figs. appear to be new sculpts.

c_richards
07-26-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure how many of you may have seen this, or have Nokia Cells, but on the main page of the site, it is reported you can order Episode II covers.

I went and looked on Nokia's site, and found they did have covers that would fit my phone style (3390), so I ordered the Jango Fett cover. With tax and shipping costs, the total came to $38 and change. The covers are marked at $29.99.

I haven't seen any of them at retail centers....

Hope the info helps...if you care to get one for your cell.

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Found the X-wing this morning at SF TRU... wow, is it overpriced or what?
At least the R2 unit is different from previous ones... this one has a chrome dome... looks nice...

jedibear
07-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Our shelves & pegs runneth over everywhere up here with Chewies, Pilot Obi's, Puhrs, Palpys, Vaders, Lukes, Hans & the new hands-down winner of the pegwarmers sweepstakes, Endor Rebel Trooper.....

Thunder408
07-27-2002, 10:52 PM
i don't know about everyone else, but i'm kinda glad and starting to see why that new figures are short packed with older figures. before chewy, han, and obi pilot were short packed with bespin wave, but now its chewy, han, and obi pilot that are all over the place.... with the same thinking... figures that are rare now... will be the pegwarmers of tomorrow?
HOPEFULLY! so i can get them all without stressing over that i might have missed one =)

fightoned
07-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Cupertino Target and Winchester TRU both have tons of hans and chewies. No sign of any of the newer figures!

Slacker Jedi
07-28-2002, 05:42 PM
So has nobody in South Bay got the new X-wing yet?
I'd like to know what you guys think...

IG-89
07-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Slacker....I went looking for the X-wing at RWC, Sunnyvale and SF TRU but to no avail on Saturday. SF had the the shelf labeled but none were left. I picked the wrong Saturday to sleep in I guess. =(

Slacker Jedi
07-28-2002, 07:13 PM
IG-89, so you planning on buying in spite of price? That makes two of us... ;)
Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for another X-wing, I check SF TRU 2-4 times a week.

stormie
07-28-2002, 10:37 PM
A rare weekend report!

Anyway, they're probably not there anymore, but I saw at least four of the new X-Wings at the San Mateo TRU on Sat. morning. Didn't get any, since I ordered one from Amazon on Friday (using the $5 coupon, total came to about $40.80 or something--cheaper than buying at retail!). I'm pretty sure these will be showing up in good numbers soon. The TRU in RWC had none on Sat. morning. And while I'm at it, the following stores had nothing new on Saturday morning: San Mateo TRU (except for the X-Wing) and Target; RWC Target, Kmart, and TRU; and the MV Target and Wal-Mart. It's pretty funny, but during my journey on Saturday morning, I soon discovered that I was shadowing another collector. Ran across him at each of the stores I visited. And to think I was only crazy sole up early on a Saturday morning looking for toys! :D

The rest of my weekend was spent doing various nontoy-type things. ;)

c_richards
07-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Greetings fellow collectors.

Hayward TRU had no signs of the X-wing. I think Saturday had to be the cheapest I had ever gotten out of there, aside from not spending any money. I ended up buying a STAR WARS Folder for $.99.

No other shops or collectible places hit over the weekend. I went to see Goldmember on Sunday, and ran into a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while...so that was a good thing! :)

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
07-29-2002, 01:47 PM
I finally opened my spankin' new X-wing. It's awesome!! That R2 is probably the best one yet...

fightoned
07-31-2002, 01:03 AM
I checked out TRU on Winchester last night and didn't find anything new after palpatine wave. No Xwing.

The same for KB at Westgate tonight. Nothing new.

On a side note I picked up Dark Horse Comics' book of collected old Marvel Star Wars comics from the 70s. THere is about 20 old issues in each volume starting with issue #1. They are a blast from the past and a very funny read considering Han and Chewie fight along side a green bunny. Also the coloring is a major improvement from the old printings. It is well worth the $30. Vol #2 just came out also. #3 won't be until November.

mola ram
07-31-2002, 10:25 AM
Nothing new at blossom hill walmart.

IG-89
07-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Found Yoda and 3-PO Deluxe Sets at Target in SB.
No accessory sets yet and no X-wing at TRU either....arghh!

c_richards
07-31-2002, 12:44 PM
How do the Yoda and 3PO sets look?
I saw the commercial w/ the Yoda set already... but haven't seen the toy yet! :)

I got news from a friend of mine that works at TRU Hayward, the X-Wing came in and went out yesterday!!!!! He said they look nice, but wasn't sure he could justify the $39.99 price! :)

MTFBWY!

IG-89
07-31-2002, 04:22 PM
the Yoda and 3PO sets make the Apr 23rd deluxe sets look like Bantha Poodoo.
The playability is awesome and the sculpt on the Super BD w/ Yoda is top notch....alot better than the carded Super BD. Can't wait for the Arena playset so's i can add these suckers to it....man i feel like im 8 yrs old again (when i first saw SW.)

Btw, just a question but is the Acklay merely an urban legend???? I mean I hear ppl talking about but have never ever caught a whiff of one.

fightoned
07-31-2002, 04:36 PM
The Acklay looked cool. I saw one in the box and one out of the box at a "Legends" in Valco Cupertino mall. I didn't bother to ask how much.

(All the Legend's owner has to do is walk across the mall (about 20 feet) to a KB and buy everything up and sell it for twice the price in his store. I am not sure the owner does this but I would think it was too tempting. )

mola ram
07-31-2002, 06:17 PM
I got the acklay about 2 weeks ago at blossom hill walmart so it is not an urban legend. It is sitting on my shelf right this second. By the way I got the deluxe 3PO today at target on Landess Ave. It's pretty cool. It was funny though because at target they had one with the 3PO head loose and one with the droid head lose. Didn't see any deluxe yodas there but I'm not looking for that one anyway.

Slacker Jedi
08-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Found the Micro Machine Action Fleet (Millenium Falcon, X-Wing and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter) at KB Toys in Stonestown today.
They also had more of figures 32-40, but not Palpatine...

c_richards
08-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Target SL had the Micro Machines last night. They have re-done the entire toy section to get reay for X-Mas. They also finally stocked TF Armada figures.

No new SW figures for me, but I did pick up some TFs (Red Alert, Cyclonus, and the Air Assault Mini-Con Team)

Also.....STAR WARS.com and the main page of SSG have annouced that Episode II release date for DVD and VHS is 11/12/02!!!!!!!!!

Check out SSG or STARWARS.COM for the info
Deleted scenes added, 6 hours of bonus fottage! 2-disc set!

Slacker Jedi
08-01-2002, 02:21 PM
What is TF?

c_richards
08-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Oh...sorry....
TF=Transformers. :) My other hobby/obsession/sickness! :)

mola ram
08-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Tf is transformers of course! crichards - Winchester toysrus had the star scream if your looking for him.

Winchester toysrus had about 7 x wings today. Blossom Hill toysrus had 1 but the r2 was missing. Funny though, the lady at blossom hill toysrus looked in the computer for more and said that they were discontinued. I don't know if I believe her but it is worth a thought.

Landess Ave Target had the deluxe 3PO again.

Off to the comic con I go, happy hunting everyone!

fightoned
08-01-2002, 03:48 PM
as of noon today Mt view walmart and target had nothing new. Walmart had a few Palpatines and das. target was very weak.

Pellaeon
08-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Got the Deluxe Yoda and C-3PO at San Leandro Target this morning.

fightoned
08-02-2002, 03:45 PM
as of noon today Mt view walmart and target had nothing new. Walmart had a few Palpatines and das. target was very weak.

Ditto today at noon also.

fightoned
08-02-2002, 03:50 PM
Oh wait I hit send too soon. Mt View Walmart had the action fleet vehicles in. (Falcon, Tie, xwing). They also had the 12" Jango fett. I don't collect these unless they go on clearance so I forget about them.

Slacker Jedi
08-03-2002, 01:58 PM
More X-wings seen today at SF TRU.

stormie
08-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Thought I'd peruse the forums while watching the meaningless football game from Osaka. (I wonder if Spurrier was alarmed to find that he's now coaching the Seminoles? ;))

Anyway, went for a little jaunt to the local stores today. Not much to be found, but did see one X-Wing at RWC TRU (no new figures or other newbies), nothing at RWC K-Mart or Target, two Acklays at the MV Wal-Mart (got one finally!) and nothing at the MV Target. No hints of the new deluxe or accessory sets or Playskool stuff. :)

Slacker Jedi
08-04-2002, 03:18 PM
I just got my set of AOTC Pepsi cans from Japan... they're awesome :), too bad there's only 4 different ones....

c_richards
08-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Greetings all-

I did go out this weekend, but I didn't get anything as I am getting ready for my trip to DL on Friday!

Friday night - SL Target
Nothing new there. No signs of anything new aside from the Micro Machine re-packs, and the Action Fleet vehicles.

Saturday
TRU - Newark
No signs of X-Wings, did see the Action Fleet vehicles again.
No new figures.

K&B - Newark
Orn Free wave, Along with Han/Chewie, etc.
No new figures.

Target - Newark
See above. It appears Targets are reconfiguring their toy departments for the Christmas season. Larger departments hopefully mean MORE room for STAR WARS toys! :)

Sunday - Wally World - SL
No new figures. All Djas were gone.
I did see the Jango Fett Room Alarm. No price sticker on the shelf so I have no idea what the price was. I wasn't too impressed with the item.

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
08-05-2002, 01:58 PM
Friday, 02Aug, and again monday, 05Aug, Emeryville TRU had/still has the exlusive X-wing. There were four as of 0930 this morning.

Saturday, 03Aug-Found Acklay at San Leandro WalMart.

Monday, 05Aug, found 2-sets of the exclusive accessory packs at San Leandro Target. Bought one set, stashed the other. Anyone interested, leave me your E-mail here.

c_richards
08-05-2002, 02:23 PM
crichards - Winchester toysrus had the star scream if your looking for him

Cool, thanks for the heads up! My friend bought him and said he looked great! It's a real throwback to G1 Starscream. According to my friend, he said it looks like the VF-21 from the Macross series. I think it looks more like a B-2, but of course done in the G1 colors! :)

Also...open inventation, does anyone here know of any good stores near DL to go scope out for stuff? I talked to the ppl in the Southern Cali board, and they said the TRU near DL closed, so...that leaves a Target that I know of, and there is a mall close by that I plan to hit.

Any other shops, K-Mart, Wally World, another Target, TRU in the general Disneyland area? Please keep in mind that we won't have a rental car, so it will have to be accessable via bus, foot, or cab.

THX

mola ram
08-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Blossom Hill Walmart had the micro machines vehicles and the jango fett room alarm. Nothing else new.

The comic con was pretty cool. Lots of star wars stuff available. They had displays of the new stuff that's coming out like the arena playset. It was pretty cool. I also saw the lott dod and the tusken raider. I did pick up the new darth maul but didn't like the new anakin very much so I passed on that one.

They also had a transformers display - I want to get the G1 optimus and a soundwave. The new transformers are interesting but metal needs to be used instead of plastic.

Happy hunting!

Slacker Jedi
08-05-2002, 03:19 PM
mola ram,
How much is the JF room alarm at Walmart?

fightoned
08-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Target Mt View had loads of deluxe C3PO and yodas. (I am a bit surpised in myself but I passed on the yoda. I looked no better than the other Yoda and I liked the single packed super battle droids better. I am probably going to kick myself for not picking it up.)

Alas neither the Mt View target or Walmart had any Ackleys left. Bummer.

mola ram
08-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Slacker - Sorry, I didn't actually look at the price. They had about 7 of them so I will look at one tomorrow as they will probably be there.

fightoned
08-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Found the Death Star and Endor accessory packs at a Target in Cupertino last night. They had about half a dozen each on the pegs.

Grayhank
08-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Found Luke's X-Wing Fighter at TRU this morning here in the North bay.

Wal-Mart had a stack of Ackleys.

Nothing new at Target except the Micro Machines.

Package Variation alert!!!

I picked up the 12" Zam Wesell and Super Battle Droid at San Diego ComicCon. Both have stickers applied which will probably be printed on in future cases. I would imagine that Count Dooku also has the same sticker.

Zam Wesell has two stickers: one on the right side panel and one on the back about her "face reveal feature".

The Super Battle Droid (and Count Dooku?) have the sticker on the back under Zam Wesell's picture about the "face reveal feature".

IG-89
08-08-2002, 01:53 PM
Been checking targets all across the bay area this past week and no Accesorry packs anywhere. THere was one hoth set but it looked like it was mauled by a Wampa.

I did find the Playskook falcon at SF KB there were about 3 cases but only 2 were left man these things are hot...Thursday morning is scalper day there. There were some Red and Yellow 12" Clone Troopers but one guy tried to buy like all of them only to be stopped by store policy (thank God) and I was able to get one of ea.

fightoned
08-08-2002, 04:13 PM
As of noon today, Mt View Walmart and Target were empty except for two delux C3POs at Target. Target is exceptional bare.

c_richards
08-08-2002, 04:25 PM
As of noon today, Mt View Walmart and Target were empty except for two delux C3POs at Target. Target is exceptional bare.

It could be that Target is going to get ready to re-do the Plano. Twice a year, Target re-does the plano (layout) of certain departments. Usually toys gets extended and is re configured in order to make room for the upcoming christmas toy rush scheduled to hit in about a month or so.

I know it sounds way too early for Christmas, but watch your stores. They will generally push Halloween right after LAbor Day, and the day after Halloween.... Christmas begins to appear!

It seems retailers are glossing over Thanksgiving in order to make more X-Mas $$$$$$. :) However, it's also at this time that a lot of retailers begin to put slow moving merchandise on clearance. "Keep your eyes open.... Watch for falling prices!"

I can't speak for TRU, Wal-Mart (although it appears they do the same thing), or K-Mart....but I can speak for Target since I had a 4 year tour of duty there, and knew the SL Store pretty well.

Hope the info helps!
MTFBWY!

c_richards
08-09-2002, 11:31 AM
Ok No. Cali-

I am about ready to head down south in search of R&R and for the STAR TOURS figures. I won't be on Monday, however, expect a full report (maybe an image or two) of what all I did, saw, found, and of course bought while down in the Disneyland area!

Of course, my #1 mission is to get the STAR TOURS figures. However, I have several side missions set, one of which is using my ability to mimic or impersonate certain people while in the park. Such examples include Steve Irwin - The Crocodile Hunter, Chewie, Jabba, Yoda, Scooby Doo, Beavis and Butthead and many others.

Until I return, everyone take care, stay safe, and good luck hunting your bounty this weekend! Pelleaon, I know what you're looking for... and I'll bring back the bounty, or at least try!

MTFBWY!

fightoned
08-12-2002, 01:23 AM
As of noon today Target Cupertino had the Endor, Arena Battle, and Hoth accessory packs.

Otherwise I still haven't seen the Acklay, or any figures released after Palpatine/Dajs, or the TRU landspeeder. I guess I will have to be patient.

c_richards
08-13-2002, 11:53 AM
All right No. Cali-

I'm back.... like any of you really missed me! :)

First off, yes...I GOT THE DROIDS! I was able to get RX-24, and G2-4T, but no R3's.....

Now....on to the stats...
I rode Star Tours at least 12 times
Indy at least 6 times
Mattahorn
Thunder Mountain
Autopia
Grizzley Rapid Run (DCA)
Muppets 3D (DCA)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire (DCA - Came in 4th place!)
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion at least 3 times..and had a score of 10 scared kids...thanks to my Crypt Keeper laugh
Jungle Cruise at least 6 times and yes...I did my Steve Irwin impersonation.
and finally.....Pirates at least 6 times.

the stores surrounding disney were pathetic! Target had nothing, and of course, TRU shut down!!!!!!!

Take care, and until my next trip out figure hunting here....MTFBWY!

fightoned
08-13-2002, 05:58 PM
My noon report:

OK I give up on MT view target and walmart. It seems like they are at the lowest levels of SW product since before the 4/23 release date! There is almost nothing at target. C_richards I hope you are right about getting stores getting ready for Xmas because this is depressing. BTW, welcome back! Did you drive or fly?

Ed

c_richards
08-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Fightoned....give it a chance.
I would be willing to bet they are getting ready for a massive X-Mas push! It's about this time that Target would start getting pallet among pallet of toys, and in order to push them all to the floor, the shelving units need to be re-aligned, cleared and the "plano" re-set!!! It can take some time.... but it does happen! :)

Thanks for the welcome back. We flew down to Orange County.
We left from Oakland, and arrived at John Wayne. The only airport that I know of where the aircraft almost have to make a directly vertical take off! :)

This was my first time flying since 9/11... It was an interesting expirence. I went through security just fine, but, was pulled aside before boarding the plane for a more stringent security check! Both times, the agents were really cool, and VERY appologetic for the increased security.

I can understand why, and I have no problems with increasing security. If it means that I can arrive safe.... I'm all for it! :)

We had a 3 day Park Hopper pass, and even had a chance (although I didn't go) to see the Village People at DCA. Instead, I went to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and came in 4th in point with over 217 thousand points.

If anyone else has questions about the Price Point of the figures, where they are located, etc.... let me know
BTW - They had a few 12" Ultimate Jangos, and they weren't too expensive...they were only like $45.00. :)

MTFBWY!

Thunder408
08-13-2002, 10:44 PM
its been awhile since ive been out to see if any new toys have come out... anyone know of anything?
ill probably just make an usual run tomorrow... and probably find nothing....
where did mola ram go? hehe =)
well happy hunting

mola ram
08-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Thunder - I'm still here. I probably be mia until september as there is nothing out that I want at this time. I got the new Maul at the comic con so I'm done with the basic figures until the new padme comes out in September unless the silver R2 hits soon.

By the way, I read on another site that the cantina sets are hitting so start hunting if you want those!

Pellaeon
08-14-2002, 01:54 PM
I found the Sith Training Maul and new Anakin at the San Leandro Target this morning.

c_richards
08-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Very cool Pelleaon.
I have your bounty! The hunt was successful. See you at the normal meeting place....normal time!

stormie
08-14-2002, 04:23 PM
like a broken record (or CD)...

Nothing new at the RWC Target, Kmart or TRU as of lunchtime today. Still no Teemto, Ki-Adi, Maul, Anakin, accessory packs, or Landspeeder. Still haven't seen the PlaySkool Falcon or Arena sets either. FYI - Didn't see any Acklays, but the RWC TRU had about four X-Wings.

Thunder408
08-14-2002, 10:32 PM
actually what are the newest figures that can actually be found right now? im sorta out of it..
i have all up to 40... i assume 41-45 are out?

Thunder408
08-15-2002, 02:04 AM
ugh... went to walmart for the 1st time in 3-4 weeks
and their starwars section has been cut in half... =(
im afraid i wont get a chance to get all the newer figures since the quantity will probably be low

c_richards
08-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Thunder408
actually what are the newest figures that can actually be found right now? im sorta out of it..
i have all up to 40... i assume 41-45 are out?

Yes and no!!!!!!
Yes since Teemto Pagilies and Ki-Adi-Mundi are out #44 and #46
but Padme #41, and Ephant Mon #45 aren't!

Ani and Maul are starting to hit now...so hopefully, Padme and Ephant won't be too far behind!

Hope the info helps.... Good luck in your figure hunting quests!

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Well, it looks like those WalMart Cantina exclusives are out, as well as the Landspeeder (TRU), and something called a K-Mart 2-Pak (which I will be passing on).

I will focus on finding these exclusives, and look forward to your updates on finding these.

c_richards
08-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
Well, it looks like those WalMart Cantina exclusives are out, as well as the Landspeeder (TRU), and something called a K-Mart 2-Pak (which I will be passing on).

I will focus on finding these exclusives, and look forward to your updates on finding these.

Pellaeon-
I was at TRU - Newpark 2 days ago.... No Landspeeders!

I'll keep my eyes open!

Slacker Jedi
08-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Unleashed Padme, Anakin and Vader found today at Stonestown KBToys.

jedibear
08-16-2002, 12:16 AM
Up here in Sonoma County, we caught up nicely the past few days....

Found the Target Accessory packs last week at RP....they were at SR today. I managed to find one "Sith Training" Maul at the SR Target but no sign of Ani. (On a side note: Isn't it interesting that this time we're not knee-deep in core characters...most notably Ani & Obi-Wan...with AOTC like we were with Episode One?)

TRU SR had plenty of X-Wings and a small amount of the Landspeeders (just 4...I bought one)...I must say the landspeeder is the first reissue in this "Attack of the Reissue Exclusives" that actually outshines the previous releases...great new detailing and sculpted hood along with the great diorama packaging make this a really cool piece.

No new single carded figures around anywhere (except for that single Maul I got). I fear we're about to enter a very lean time where finding new releases is going to be tough because the pegs everywhere are clogged with a the figures pre-Ki-Adi-Mundi...

Got the Wal-Mart Cantina sets at RP WM....I must admit, I'm not that enthused about these....the figures are borderline shoddy and hey, I've seen ANH about a zillion times and I don't recall any BARSTOOLS in the cantina....oh well...maybe they're in the forthcoming very special edition.... :)

Still see kids haunting the SW sections with their folks so hopefully the momenteum will continue till the DVD comes out...

Pellaeon
08-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Good to hear news from the "creator" of this thread (JediBear).

Also good to hear about the WalMart exclusives, even though they don't sound that exciting.

Jedibear-How much were those. Someone told me $15. Is that true?

Grayhank
08-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Pellaeon,

The Wal-Mart Cantina packs are $9.99. I have to agree with JediBear about them though, they aren't that impressive due to the fact that they are basically just recycled figures (as well as the Target exclusives). Greedo is probably the nicest of the three along with R2 from the X-Wing. Finally nice to get a "Dagobah Swamp" R2-D2!

It really has been "exclusive h**l" up here in the north bay. Seems everything came out at the same time which is putting a drain on the toy funds. X-Wing 40.00, Accessory packs 40.00 for all 4, Cantina packs 30.00 for the 3, Landspeeder 20.00. I won't be buying any dups for awhile.

I picked up Maul and Ani at San Diego ComicCon. I don't understand why Hasbro has yet to make a decent looking Anakin. All 4 Anakins that have been released so far have really useless gimmick features.

Pellaeon
08-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the update, Grayhank.

Yes, there have been a ton of exclusives all of a sudden, and I'm avoiding dups as well.

In fact, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the Ephant Mon.

On the Target exclusives, I did like the sentinel droid, even though it was not in the movie. Also, the scoutrooper has a unique belt and the Hoth Rebel soldier has a different torso. Still, not much for 10 bucks.

jedibear
08-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Yes it will be nice if they ever release a really good, gimmick-free Anakin. I hope they at least release one with a cloak (I'd prefer sculpted, but we'll just have to wait & see...)

Okay, enough daydreaming...an area report:

Everything new at both RP & SR Targets was gone (excpet for one lone deluxe Threepio at RP). No new single carded figures anywhere.
The Windsor WM had the cantina sets....I have a feeling after area collectors snag their sets we're going to end up knee-deep in these...
Also, the SR K-Mart got in the "exclusive" 2-packs.....don't be conned! It's just two figures clam-shelled together @ 9.99 for the pair...not exactly a stunning deal, but if there are any northbay collectors or you know of any kids who are still looking for Yoda, the diminutive jedi master was in abundance in these two packs (partnered mostly with clonetroopers). They had a s**tload of these things so I wouldn't hurry...

Still on the lookout for Tat-Attack Ani....

c_richards
08-19-2002, 11:24 AM
Greetings to all you fellow SW fans!!!!

This weekend was decent..
TRU - Hayward
Picked up the last Vader Unleashed in the store. Out of the 3, this one looks the best! the pose is classic, the base/stand is incredible, and the detail....top notch. Why couldn't they do this with Padme?

I am very disappointed with this figure! The fact that it doesn't even look like Natalie Portman....

The body is great! The outfit is sculpted well, even though it does draw attention to the chest thanks to a sculpting job on the seams of the upper bodice! The rest of the figure is dead accurate, but the head..... I am no impressed. Ani's ok...but that's it... OK!

I also picked up another Palpatine with a better looking liver spot pattern. At least this time he looks "normal" :)

Thanks to Pellaeon, I was able to get a deluxe Yoda, 3PO, Maul (sith training) and Ani.

Sunday I hit Wally World, and walked out with STARSCREAM (Transformers). No new figures. Tons of the Orn Free wave as well as a lot of figures shortly before!

BTW - if anyone is interested....TOYFARE Magazine lists RX-24 and G2-4T as the second and third hottest figure this month. #1 went to freaking He-Man!!!!!!!!

Good luck, happy hunting...and MTFBWY!

stormie
08-19-2002, 01:02 PM
I guess I did okay this weekend. But for all the effort, I would've liked more!

Friday evening, found two of the three Cantina sets at MV WM (they only had two total - Momaw and Ponda).

Saturday morning managed to get up early and visit the following stores: MV Target and WM, Sunnyvale Target and TRU, Cupertino Target, Campbell(?) KB, and Milpitas WM and Target. All I found was a stinkin' R2 with the different legs. Eight stores and nothing new at all!

Saturday afternoon, though, I stopped at the RWC TRU, where they had two Landspeeders - got one!

Still no accessory sets (though I did find the Hoth set a few days ago), Teemto, Ki-Adi, Maul, or Anakin. And no new Playskool sets either. The Transformer Playskools are everywhere, though! :D

c_richards
08-19-2002, 01:50 PM
I found a Death Star Commander set at Target in SL, but the package was so mangled it wasn't worth getting!

I was looking at the Landspeeder pics and it looks really cool. Is it worth getting Stormie or would you pass? I passed on the X-Wing since I have the original F/X X-Wing and the first.... No need to get it for a swamp splattered R2.

BTW - I was reading the new Toy Fare mag...and they mentioned that there are 3 Cantina sets...but they list them as Momaw, Ponda and Dr. Evazan!!!!! Not Greedo! Now either Dr. Evazan is coming in the next wave, or Toy Fare f**ked up!!!!!!

Thought you might be interested in it!

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY!

stormie
08-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, I'm kind of biased, because I think everything is worth getting! ;) The new Landspeeder is a lot different from the vintage and '95 ones. Much more detailed, heavier/more solid, and more "movie accurate." However, the Luke that comes with it just barely fits behind the wheel (and even then, he looks like he's just one fender tap away from singing soprano), and there's no opening hood! The Luke figure is actually pretty nice overall, though. If you keep stuff in the package (unlike me, who rips stuff out of the package every chance I get!), this is definitely a keeper, since the window box provides windows from the sides and the top, and looks good. My opinion - get it! :D

The third Cantina set should be Greedo; as listed on the cards of the two sets I scored. Opinions on these: okay, but nothing special. Momaw looks like just about the same as the POTF one, but Ponda has a removeable arm (peg, not magnet), and bendable knees. His legs are a little weird, because the knees go inward a little. Still pretty neat! :D

fightoned
08-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Hey Stormie,
I haven't even seen the Landspeeder "live" but just looking at SSG pictures it looks well worth it. Now if I can just find one.

I just got back from MV WM and target. WM had nothing new. I am not too worried about the Cantina figs until the next wave but if I see them I'll pick them up.

C_Richards, you were right. Target MV re-layed out the toy section. Now star wars stuff is in a tiny spot. I did see a bunch of Deluxe Yodas and C3POs if anyone is still looking for these.

Speaking of new store layouts TRU winchester cut in half the Star Wars section in the front of the store but made a big section in the action figure area. Still nothing new and no new landspeed for me.

I still have yet to see an Acklay!!! I'm getting P.O'd.

Later.

c_richards
08-19-2002, 04:32 PM
C_Richards, you were right. Target MV re-layed out the toy section. Now star wars stuff is in a tiny spot. I did see a bunch of Deluxe Yodas and C3POs if anyone is still looking for these.

Glad to hear that they were just re-doing the plano for your store!

Maybe Dr. Evazan will be released in the second wave! Who knows...but check out the new issue of Toy Fare and Lee's Action Figure Review. Toy Fare talks about the toys of the 80's...like M.A.S.K., He-Man, Transformers, and even Thundercats.

Lee's has a pull out guide that shows all the Galoob Micro Machine toys from 1995 on!

MTFBWY!

IG-89
08-19-2002, 05:55 PM
Fightoned...i'm with you on the ACKLAY. I've never ever even seen one of these live. I'm fearing this is the Eopie w/ Qui Gon for Ep 2 toys.

Just a comment but it seems the distribution of stuff post Ep 2 has been horrible. Much more horrible than Ep 1 i think. The Target accessory sets were a nightmare to get and new figures are as common as having a good Republican president. I haven't even been close to getting a Teemto or a New Tat attack Ani.

Anywaze, checked 3 targets and 2 TRU's this morning and found nothing but frustration and grief. F*** you, Acklay!

Biker Scout
08-20-2002, 05:25 AM
Hello Everyone, HUGE SOUTH BAY REPORT HERE

This is my very first post here, and I hope that it helps all who may need it. I just returned from the South Bay and I've listed an extensive report below for 3.75" Standard Toys on Sunday 8/18. Sorry, but there there was no Landspeeders, Accessory Sets, or Cantina Figures to be found anywhere. I'll post an East & West Bay report later this week, and also trim down the size.

TOYS R'US Capitol Ave., San Jose
EPI 7.49 Anakin Skywalker PodRacer, 1.98 Darth Maul
POTJ 4.99 FX-7, Imperial Officer, Ketwol, Tessek, Ellors Madak
SAGA 39.99 X-Wing Fighter; $29.99 Slave I; 24.99 Jedi Starfighter; 19.99 Acklay
12.99 Speeder; 9.99 Nexu, Darth Tyranus, Obi-Wan Kenobi
4.99 Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Zam Wessel,
Mace Windu, Super Battle Droid, Jango Fett, C-3PO, Djas Puhr, Padme, Shaak Ti,
Kit Fisto, Captain Typhoo, Tusken Raider, Nikto, & Luminara Unduli.
TOYS R'US Blossom Hill Rd., San Jose
POTJ 4.99 FX-7, Ketwol, Tessek, Ellors Madak
SAGA 39.99 X-Wing Fighter; 29.99 Slave I; 24.99 Jedi Starfighter; 19.99 Acklay
4.99 Massif, Chancellor Paplatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Kloon, Saesee Tiin, Chewbacca,
Darth Vader, Han Solo, Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Zam Wessel, Luminara Unduli,
Mace Windu, Super Battle Droid, Jango Fett, C-3PO, Djas Puhr, Padme, Shaak Ti, Nikto,
Kit Fisto, Captain Typhoo, & Tusken Raider.
TOYS R'US Winchester Ave., San Jose
POTJ 4.99 Zam Wessel, Ketwol, Tessek,
SAGA 39.99 X-Wing Fighter; 29.99 Slave I; 24.99 Jedi Starfighter; 19.99 Acklay
4.99 Boba Fett, Geonosian Warrior, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Kloon, Saesee Tiin, Chewbacca,
Darth Vader, Han Solo, Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Zam Wessel, Luminara Unduli,
Mace Windu, Super Battle Droid, C-3PO, Djas Puhr, Padme, Shaak Ti, Tusken Raider,
Kit Fisto, Captain Typhoo, Nikto, & Jango Fett (2 different types)
TARGET Morril Ave., San Jose
SAGA 24.99 Slave I; 19.99 Jedi Starfighter; 15.99 Reek; 12.99 Speeder; 4.99 C-3PO,
Zam Wessel, Kit Fisto, Captain Typhoo, Super Battle Droid, Padme, & Jar Jar Binks.
TARGET Hillsdale Ave., San Jose
SAGA 24.99 Slave I; 19.99 Jedi Starfighter; 15.99 Reek; 12.99 Speeder; 9.99 Nexu,
Darth Tyranus; 4.99 Taun We, Darth Tyranus, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu, Jango Fett,
Saesee Tiin, Nikto, Endor Rebel Soldier, Royal Guard, Luke Skywalker & Jar Jar Binks.
TARGET Silver Creek Rd., San Jose
SAGA 24.99 Slave I; 19.99 Jedi Starfighter; 15.99 Reek; 12.99 Speeder; 9.99 Nexu,
Jango Fett, Darth Tyranus; 4.99 Saesee Tiin, Jar Jar Binks, Endor Rebel Soldier,
Zam Wessel, C-3PO, Padme, Taun We & Han Solo.
K-MART Mckee Rd., San Jose (50% off 2nd Item of equal/lesser value)
SAGA 22.99 Jedi Starfighter; 12.99 Speeder; 10.99 Obi-Wan Kenobi; 5.49 Jango Fett, C-3PO,
Taun We, Padme, Shaak Ti, Royal Guard, Kit Fisto, & Captain Typhoo, Tusken Raider,
& Luminara Unduli.
K-MART Blossom Hill Rd., San Jose (50% off 2nd Item of equal/lesser value)
SAGA 29.99 Slave I; 22.99 Jedi Starfighter; 12.99 Speeder; 10.99 Nexu, Jango Fett
5.49 Anakin Skywalker, Dexter Jettster, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Endor Rebel Soldier,
Jango Fett, Clone Trooper, Royal Guard, Mace Windu, Orn Free Taa, & Luminara Unduli.
WAL-MART McKarthy Ranch Dr., Milpitas
POTJ 5.88 Bespin Guard & Ellors Madask
SAGA 24.87 Slave I; 19.76 Jedi Starfighter; 9.96 Nexu, Darth Tyranus, Obi-Wan Kenobi;
4.77 Zam Wessel, Han Solo, Orn Free Taa, Battle Droid, Kit Fisto, Endor Rebel Soldier,
Plo Kloon, Shaak Ti, Padme, Tusken Raider, Captain Typhoo, C-3PO & Jango Fett.
WAL-MART Monterey Rd., San Jose
SAGA 24.87 Slave I; 19.76 Jedi Starfighter; 9.96 Nexu, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Tyranus,
Obi-Wan Kenobi; 4.77 C-3PO, Han Solo, Orn Free Taa, Mace Windu Super Battle Droid,
Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Royal Guard, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Luminara Unduli,
Chancellor Palpatine, Djas Puhr, Plo Kloon, Kit Fisto, Endor Rebel Soldier, Shaak tT,
Padme, Tusken Raider, Captain Typhoo & Jango Fett (2 different types).

NOTE 1 I did not look through the pegs at TRU or Wal-Mart for SAGA, I only looked on top.
NOTE 2 If you decide to buy/scalp 3 or more of any one same item, at anytime, from any location, may the
force be with you, because the EMPIRE doesn't tolerate that crap! Buy from Hasbro,
REBEL scum!

Good Hunting, The Biker Scout

c_richards
08-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Nice to have you aboard Biker Scout.
Pretty extensive report!

This board already has an understanding that scalpers/pirates are nothing but tools of the "Black Sun" and will nto be tolerated! :)

We have id'ed a few of them... between collectors... and being a collector, we all need to watch each other's backs!

Glad to hear yet another SW Fan exists in the Bay Area. :)

Happy Hunting and MTFBWY!

fightoned
08-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the detailed write up Biker Scout!

Great just my luck I was at the Winchester TRU on 8/17 and didn't find the acklay. I even checked today both the Sunnyvale and Winchester TRUs for the Acklay. Nothing there. Ugh!

The Sunnyvale TRU had about 4 Xwings.

fightoned
08-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Nothing new at the TRU Winchester. Not even any Xwings. I didn't even see a shelf tag for the Landspeeder nor Acklay. Has anyone seen these in the last two days? I will check more stores tonight if I get some time.

c_richards
08-22-2002, 06:46 PM
I haven't been out looking lately. Business with my company is picking up which is leaving less time for me to get out during the week and hunt! :)

Hopefully, I'll find something entertaining this weekend!!!!!

BTW - Anyone pick up the Unleashed Padme? If so...what do you think? I wasn't impressed.... I thought VADER was a much better piece! :)

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
08-22-2002, 08:41 PM
I picked up the landspeeder at Emeryville TRU. They were there yesterday. The windows were bad on all 6. I stashed the best, came back today, the 5 were gone. I picked up the one I stashed.

c_richards
08-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Pelleaon -

Nice grab.... How's it look? I heard it was a completly new sculpt on the speeder and not a re-hash of the 1995 or 1977 version!

If anyone is interested, Suncoast.com is now accepting pre-books for Episode II!!!!!! They are charging $19.95 for the movie, and they gaurantee it!

I just ordered my copy of Transformers Season 1 on DVD for $44.95, which is about 15 bucks cheaper than the stores!!!!!

Nothing new here yet....like I said yesterday...business is starting to pick up for my company, and I haven't been left a lot of time to go out and look!

Anyone know when Padme and Ephant Mon will be hitting? I assume soon, but who knows!!! Also, anyone know who will be numbers 47 - 49? I have a list of figures but I have a huge gap from 47 - 49
I have info for figures:
Watto (Mos Espa Junk Dealer) #50
Lott Dodd (Neimoidian Senator) #51
Tusken Raider (with Massiff) #52

thanks to SSG....but alas...nothing for the gap between them and Teemto #46

THX

MTVBWY!

Slacker Jedi
08-23-2002, 03:19 PM
So I take it nobody in the Bay Area has found the Republic Gunship yet??

jedibear
08-23-2002, 05:11 PM
slacker.....the gunship hasn't been released yet....

up here in the northbay it's been pretty quiet....as I mentioned last week, our area pegs are CLOGGED with assortments pre Ki-Adi-Mundi so it's doubtful we'll see anything new for awhile (hopefully I'm wrong though)....

The SR TRU did a reset for action figures that bumped SW to the back of the store....still had 4 x-wings but no landspeeders or new single carded figures or Unleashed II....

Target got one box of the Sith T Maul & Tat Attack Ani.....many thanks to Grayhank for snagging me Tat Ani....my workload has increased as well making toyruns fewer and far between for me...

I'll let you all know if I see anything over the weekend between shifts....(am SO anxious for the next 12" wave and Ephont Man....)

c_richards
08-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Greetings all your STAR WARS fans....

Mission Overview from last Scouting Mission:

Friday Night:

Target - SL
Nothing new. No signs of the Accessory packs, nor new figures. They did have 3 POTJ figures on the pegs, Duros, Bespin Guard, and I believe Ketwol. Last wave remnants of Han/Chewie

Saturday:

Toys R Us - Hayward:
Nothing new here. The SW section in front was cut in half, and put on the shelving unit near the video games. No new figures, quite a few of the X-wing left.

K-Mart - SL
Nothing new here. Disaster are in the toy section. It appears they are starting to get it set-up for the X-Mas rush, and combine that with the Toy area naturally looking like garbage.... All that was needed was a Dianoga popping up out of the floor trying to eat the customers shopping in that area!

Sunday:
Toys R Us - Newark:
JACKPOT! I got there at about 12:20 or so, and found a Landspeeder. It was the last one, and the box was in decent shape!!! Of course they had quite a few X-Wings too, but ne new figures. Last wave here looked to be Han/Chewie.

They too had played with the size of the STAR WARS section in front reducing it to an endcap!!!!!!

Target - Newpark Mall:
one one accessory set left, Biker Scout/Endor. The card was fairly jacked, so I decided not to get it. Probably a mistake...but oh well! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Ak rev
08-27-2002, 11:14 AM
Milpitas Walmart this morning: 3 cases of new 12" wave, Tyrannus, Zam & Super Battle Droid minus one set.

fightoned
08-28-2002, 12:06 AM
Sunnyvale TRU had about a dozen LANDSPEEDERS as of 5PM today!!! Nothing else new, not even the xwings. So I finally got the Landspeeder!

Sunnyvale Target had nothing new. Very sad state of affairs Star Wars wise there.

I am ashamed to admit it but I bought the Acklay on Ebay last night 19.99 + 6.50 postage. So I figure I paid $5 over what I would have paid in the store if you add the sales tax. Not too bad. Still irritating but I am getting a bad feeling about the availability of this item.

Later.

IG-89
08-28-2002, 01:54 AM
I don't blame you Fightoned....the Acklay is an urban myth i tell you....This thing is the Eopie w/ Qui gonn of Ep 2.

The Landspeeder is fabulous BTW. I finally got mine.

Also the new 12" wave w/ Count Dookie hit Walmart this morning. The BD and Count look ok, but Zam looks terrible...her head is wayyyyy tooooo big!

asiandoood
08-28-2002, 05:34 AM
d**n...i cant wait to get my hands on a 12" dooku.

c_richards
08-28-2002, 11:15 AM
They still let Zam go with the bigger head? I thought they would of taken care of that issue before hand. Oh well, just another shinning example of Hasbro QC at it's finest! :)

I did have a chance to hit the K-Mart in Newark yesterday. Nothin new. The newest wave they had were remnants of the Han/Chewie wave.

Hopefully, I'll be able to hit Target, or the TRU today since I have a lunch "date" and if she doesn't mind! :) If not...there's always tomorrow and after work! :)

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

jedibear
08-30-2002, 01:30 AM
as of thursday afternoon....
nothing new up here in northbay except:
SR TRU must've gotten another box of landspeeders in...only one left with a real dinged window...also had two "Unleashed" Anakins & one Padme....I passed on the Padme...she looks more like "Tomb Raider" with those perky, ahem, that perky shirt and whisper thin waist & way too masculine face. That artist went a little too astray for my tastes...
RP WM had one 12" Dooku left....thanks to a heads-up from Grayhank yesterday I was able to snag a Dooku & a Zam that were'nt pushed in on the front. I had to pass on the SBD though...all of 'em were crunched....I'm starting to REALLY hate this Saga pakaging.....
otherwise bone-dry or cluttered with older stuff up this-a-way......

c_richards
08-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Nothing new in my sector either. I took a quick jaunt to TRU in Newark during lunch. No new figures. Still pleanyt of X-Wings in stock, landspeeders were gone!

They did have an Unleashed Maul, Padme, Ani, and Jango. Passed on them all. I agree with Jedibear's description of Padme. She's a little..... cold? :)

Ani looks like he's borrowed what some of my friends have called "The Transformer Constipation Grin". To understand that term, look closely at a Transformer's face from the Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots In Disguise, etc. line... It should be pretty self explanitory from there! :)

Hopefully this weekend will net some bigger fish!

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

stormie
08-30-2002, 12:37 PM
What's that saying, "no news is good news?" Well that's bunk! ;) Or in other words, no new findings for me either. I visited the MV Target and WM Thursday evening to find nothing new at all. Then again, I've found nothing new on Thursday evenings before, only to discover freshly stocked assortments of new stuff littering the aisles on Friday. Hopefully this is the case. And hopefully (like c_richards stated) this weekend will indeed net some bigger fish! :D

fightoned
08-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Don't worry stormie I just got back from Walmart Mt View and there is nothing new put there this morning. I didn't even bother looking at Target. (I actually had to get some items at Walmart any way and used up most of my "lunch hour".)

Later,
Ed

c_richards
08-30-2002, 05:08 PM
It kinda sounds like this is the calm before the storm.... at least we can hope so!

I got a bad feeling when I go out tonight and tomorrow I'm not going to be finding much in the way of new figures...but maybe I'll get lucky!!!!!

No chance to get out today for lunch. Work is keeping me burried, and it appears it's not through yet!!!!!

But...for us...that's great news! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Jango Jett
08-31-2002, 04:05 PM
I picked up the new 12" Count Dooku and the Super Battle Droid
Thursday night [29 Aug 02] at WALMART in the Sacramento area,
they were $19.76 each, they will look nice on display with my
Ultimate Jango Fett :cool: I also saw the Zam Wessel, but passed
on that one, it looked interesting, maybe I'll go back and get her
later. :kiss:

Pellaeon
09-01-2002, 12:53 AM
I just came back from the Sacramento area, went to the Fair with the wife and kids. I hit up the Truxel (one of two Sacramento WalMarts, the other being on Florin) WalMart, nothing. Must be a lot of collectors up there, that store is always cleaned out.

jedibear
09-02-2002, 12:51 AM
Nothing so far this weekend up in the northbay....but holiday weekends have usually bee a bad time to find stuff.

Now the next two weeks might be interesting....after all, that holiday with the X in it is coming faster than we'd like to think so here's hoping the next few waves of single carded figures aren't TOO impossible to find......

IG-89
09-02-2002, 04:07 AM
Nevermind new carded figures...i still can't find stuff that's 'rumored' to have been released months ago...like the Target Accessory sets and the Walmart Cantina sets. I still can't find an Acklay for Christ sake! Any of you guys having my frustration and care to lend a helping hand????????????

mola ram
09-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Blossom Hill Walmart had the new 12" Zam and Super Battle Droid. They also had the cantina sets.

Thunder408
09-03-2002, 03:53 AM
its been soooooooooo long since ive purchased something...
i went to walmart a few days ago and saw the new 12" line
zam dooku and droid.... i must say i wasnt impressed at all
was there a downgrade in quality? or design? since e1?
i look at my e1 12" maul quigon and obi wan... and they look AWESOME.... but these newer ones don't have the same appeal... or is it just me?

mola ram ... seen any figures 41 or above recently? or you still awaiting for newer ones?
let me know
thanks

c_richards
09-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Greetings fellow collectors!

This weekend was decent, aside from being exceptionally hot!

I found the Cantina sets at Wal-Mart in San Leandro, however, it appeared that most of them had some sort of defect on the card. They look good, but were easily recognizable as re-issues of earlier POTF/POTJ figures.

Don't feel bad that you can't find the Acklay.... I haven't even seen it in my exploits. I've only seen it in online shops, but never in person!

If you still can't find stuff, try online.
The accessory packs I have seen, but most of them in such poor condition, that I have passed them by. That was probably a stupid mistake on my part, but..... I would like to have a Death Star set that doesn't look like it was ripped open!!!!!

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

mola ram
09-03-2002, 11:44 AM
thunder - I haven't been going to the stores that much but when I did I only saw the landspeeder, the cantinas and the new 12" I haven't seen any new figures but they should hit this month.

Pellaeon
09-03-2002, 06:06 PM
I also found the Cantina Packs at San Leandro WalMart, the night before C_Richards did. There were two cases, still on the pallet. Grabbed both and went through them. I concur with C_Richards, most were damaged. There are 8 per case, 3-Ponda, 3-Momaw, and 2-Greedo (eg., greedo is shortpacked). The cases are a bit different, they have the black "Hasbro" band, but in addition, they have a pink/purple "DO7" band. None are all too impressive, but Momaw is the best, having a unique torso.

mola ram
09-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Someone on another forum posted that there are a bunch of acklays at Mountain View Target. I've read that some of you are still looking so it might be good to stop there if you can today or tommorrow.

fightoned
09-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Thanks Mola Ram,
I picked up the Acklay at Target in MV this morning. It was the last one. And to top it off there were three scalpers drooling when they saw it in my hands. One commented "How did I miss that?". Ha Ha it felt good to take something away from them.

Now I just have to wait for the Acklay I bought off ebay last week. I think I will just repost it on ebay to recoup my losses on that one. Gee one day I had none now I have two! Does anyone want an Acklay?

Other than that Walmart and target had nothing new after Dajs/Palpatine. Where are these other figures?

Thanks again Mola Ram for the tip!

c_richards
09-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Fightoned-

I got a feeling that we are about to see a major flood of figures anytime now. With X-Mas being a scant 3+ months away....now is the time for retailers to start beefing up their toy sections!

Watch your local shops! If I remember Target protocol correctly, They will now start rushing Halloween merchadise to the floor, and begin putting Christmas and Thanskgiving merchandise out... in terms of decorations, and stuff. After Halloween, watch for major amounts of X-Mas!!!!!!!

It's generally about this time, after the toy department has gone through the re-organization, moving and planogram, they will start stocking the shelves daily!!! In somce cases, 2x, 3x or more often, dependant on the merchandise!!!

Don't be affraid to ask target team members, or any store's employees if they have anything else in the back stock area!!! I do all the time. K-Mart is by far the worst saying they have no backstock area, but this is a lie!

Wal-Mart will try to tell you they have nothing in the back, but again it's because they don't want to be bothered in looking for stuff. My hint/advice to you...is look for someone with an LRT (Laser Read Terminal). These are devices that look like "guns" and they use them to scan the tags on shelves, and determine where merchandise is stored in the backstock area. I have a lot of use with LRT's and they can be used to find stock, and even tell you when an item was ordered if it's out! :)

I hope the info helps!!! Good job with the Acklays! :) I still haven't seen one yet...but I'm not too worried! :)

MTFBWY!

c_richards
09-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Greetings everyone.
I was able to get out for a bit at Lunch, and ended up going to K-Mart in Newark. There, I found all of the new 12" figures: Dooku, SBD, and Zam.

I picked up Dooku, and was rather surprised at the weight the SDB carries for a 12" figure. Zam looks nice...but the head is WAY out of proportion to the rest of the body. It looks kinda like a barbie doll body with rather large head. The "mask" looked great, and the detail on the doll was excellent, but the head....

If anyone is looking for them and you head to the Newark K-Mart, they are in the toy department, second aisle of the "boys toys" on the bottom shelf. They still had a couple of Obi-Wans and Ani's as well.....

Until the next time...

MTFBWY!

fightoned
09-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info C_richards!

Anyway the KB in Westgate mall in SJ/Saratoga had a bunch of Tatooine Ani and Training Maul. This is the first time I have seen anything after #41. Still no sign of Teemto.

Later,
Ed

fightoned
09-08-2002, 04:04 PM
How yeah that KB had the OB1/Starfighter in stock.

Thunder408
09-08-2002, 07:51 PM
BOOOOOOOO i went to that KB in westgate about 1.5 hours later
and all i saw were 2 endcaps of pegwarmers =(
no maul or ani

c_richards
09-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Greetings all.

This weekend sucked.... Nothing new. I did find one of the Accessory packs at Target in SL, but the card had a nice large crease on the side....so I passed.

What a waste of time!

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

c_richards
09-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Greetings Fellow STAR WARS Enthusiasts:

I thought I would let you know that I hit the TRU in Newark yesterday during my lunch break. Nothing there. They had a good amount of the X-Wings left, but no new figures.

Latest figures they had were the Han Solo/Chewie wave, and I did see one Djas Purh. No signs of the Acklays, nor Landspeeders. They were even sold out of the Unleashed "statutes."

I am begining to get the feeling that we will all start seeing a slow-down of items hitting the floor for a short period of time as the stores gear up for Christmas, and all that.

"If they follow protocol, they'll dump their garbage before they make the jump to lightspeed." (Don't ask me why...just seemed like the right thing to have on here right now) :)

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

c_richards
09-10-2002, 01:12 PM
I thought I would mention this to anyone still looking

http://www.kbtoys.com/kbsearch.html?cat=0&head=SWActionFigures&skeys=GP178%20CAT60&ctid=0&groupid=178&dbPart=1108&dbSID=518444711&min=1&agCat=&ls=toys

They have the Republic Gunship ready for delivery, as well as the KB Exclusive Jedi Starfighter W/ Obi-Wan, Teemto Pagalies, and Ki-Adi Mundi!

The gunship is $39.99
The Jedi Starfighter is $24.99
and both figures are $7.99

This is current as of 10:11am Today, Sept. 10, 2002

Hope the info helps.....
MTFBWY!

stormie
09-10-2002, 02:56 PM
Hey c_richards, just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your posts. I think because of the recent slowdown of new SW stuff in the stores, not many (including me) have been posting here. However, I always check this thread, and your posts (while many times just confirming the lack of stuff in the stores) are always positive and nice to read. It's easy to get discouraged and frustrated with no new SW stuff around, so your posts are a refreshing drink of positivity. So, thanks. :)

Anyway, I haven't seen squat! ;) (just keeping it positive!) I checked quite a few stores this Saturday (even some I usually never check), but found nothing at all. I've even resorted to ordering a few things online (gasp!). Murphy's Law dictates that these will show up in large numbers in a few months, but hey, at least it's something! 'Til next time... :D

c_richards
09-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Stormie-

Thanks for the re-affirming post! I'm glad to see that my posts aren't being laid to waste! :)

While I still post I didn't find anything, I try to at least make a point of what I did see, where, when and how much!

I also scout on the net, since I work for an IT, Internet, Website development company, and if I see anything that someone may not have...I try to post as quickly as possible! :)

I am glad that you at least like the fact that I still post! :)

Take care, and again....THANK YOU! :)

MTFBWY!

fightoned
09-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Yes Thanks c_richards. I agree with Stormie, even with news of nothing found helps. BTW, KB Toys 280/Stevens Creek had nothing new.

c_richards
09-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks fightoned! :)

I am just trying to be a good collector and let you all know what I see, or in many cases.... don't see!

I figure if you guys spot things in your area you post them. Besides, I hope in a way that my posts might be able to help someone else looking. If I see something here that isn't found say in SF, or in San Jose.... it might be woth a trip out to Newark, SL, Union City or Hayward to pick up that item.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words! :)
That really made my day! :)

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
09-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Found the 12" Luke and Tauntaun at Emeryville TRU this morning. I passed on it.

c_richards
09-11-2002, 11:36 AM
I know this probably isn't the place for it, but I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you all that read and post on this board that I thank you all!

I thank you all for allowing me to post my thoughts, opinions and views as well as sightings!

It was one scant year ago that I was awakened at 7:00am by my mother. She came into my room crying and said, "We're under attack!" I remember turning on the TV, and trying to calm her down. Many images were burned into my mind and I have a lot of memories of the hours, and days that followed that I simply don't want!

I won't go into great detail on here about it since again, this probably isn't the place for it. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here, and also wanted to tell everyone that I am happy to be among a great group of devoted STAR WARS fans and fanatics. I wish you peace, and hope that you will all get through the challenging task of 9/11/02 without too much interruption in what would be "normal" for you!

One last request. Tonight when you all get home from work, your toy escapades, whatever... Give your parents, spouse, kids a hug, and tell them you love them!

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

fightoned
09-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the kind note c_richards! I basically had a normal day of work. Hope everyone else did.
I broke down and picked up Teemto at "Time Tunnel" for $10. I was having a bad feeling that I won't find him after researching the old posts here. Ki and Teemto seem to have only been found in the bay area around the 7/15 date. At $10 it is still cheaper than ordering from the kbtoys.com which would have been around $13-14 with shipping and tax. It still irks me to no end that I had to pay double the price as it was.

Time Tunnel did have the Ki for $7.50 but I couldn't bring myself to buying it. I will take a chance on finding it on my own seeing that I have the E1 version already.

c_richards
09-12-2002, 11:36 AM
fightoned-

I totally agree with you. 10 bucks for a figure is a bit outlandish, but considering you can't find the freaking things....

I'd rather pay 10 bucks than a scalper 25 for the same thing! Hopefully, Teemto and Ki-Adi will come out en mass really soon. I'd start looking for them as well as Ani (Tatooine Attack) and Maul (Sith Apprentice) as part of the Christmas Push!

Along with those guys, hopefully we will see Ephant Mon, Padme, Jango, Clone Trooper Pilot, etc. I can only hope they get released relatively soon! :)

Hope the info helps. I know it's not much. I am drawing on my tenure at Target as a guide, and making some really BROAD generalizations here too.

MTFBWY!

IG-89
09-12-2002, 01:47 PM
hey what is 'Time Tunnel' and where is it by the way?

So far Teemto and Tattooine Attack Ani waves have only appeared at KB or Target. They go pretty quickly but this Northbay Target i frequent has a few Anakins and Saga Mauls still on the pegs. If you guys need help getting this I could try to work something out for a fellow collector.

You may want to be on the lookout for Pilot Padme at Target now too. I snagged the last one yesterday.

TRU and Walmart suck right now as TRU never gets new stock and I live too far from a Walmart to be able to chk on a regular basis. Thank God i was able to score the Cantina sets in Milpitas last week.

fightoned
09-12-2002, 08:01 PM
KMART is worse than TRU!

Time Tunnel is on SOuth Bascom in San jose off of 280. It is basically scalpers paradise because it is a consignment type establishment. Athough there are an occasional gem at a good deal.

Hope this helps.

jedibear
09-15-2002, 12:43 AM
saturday sono-co report.....

SR Target had same ole' pegwarmers (Jar Jar, Nitko, Han Solo, Endor Rebel & deluxe threepio) but RP Target had remnants of the Tat-Attack Ani wave....no Annies but five Saga Mauls for those who are still looking for this one.

MV KB had the Tat-Attack Ani & Saga Maul as well as a few of the window-box Jedi Starfighters left...

TRU had one Luke/Tauntaun (with a damaged window front) left but for $60.00 for what is the lamest re-issue since the Target Luke/SpeederBike (hey, it's two new heads for that price & a figure wearing the outfit it's been released in THREE other times in!)...it's hard for me to fork over that much for such a sad package....but enough editorailizing...back to the reports! TRU also still had a few of the Saga X-Wings and one Unleashed Ani left but no new single-carded figures in sight....

Both area Wal-Marts featured nothing new (however, if anyone up this way still needs the cantina sets, Windsor WM still had several as of this afternoon...)

Stopped by K-Mart on a lark today after not bothering since the end-caps were filled with those 2-pack blisters.....still no new single-carded figures but they did have the two new "electronic battling 12" scale figures...Obi-Wan & Jango Fett. Okay, here's a little more editorailizing with the reports here.....at $29.00 each I couldn't bring myself to get 'em but I gotta say I was pretty impressed. They are WAY better looking than the ones were for Episode One (great head sculpts on both of 'em) and the play features were pretty cool...not only button-activated voices (NOT the actors..unfortunately) & sound effects, but motion-sensor & body contact fight sounds too! Give Jango's chest a few thumps and hear some cool fight groans & noises.
The packaging is pretty good too...sturdy, open-front boxes that let you touch the figure and play with it a little (damn! I'm talking myself into 'em as I type!) instead of the flimsy, easily damaged fronts the action collection has been sporting lately.
Okay, okay....that's enough of that....!
That was it for the rounds I made after work today...hopefully next week will bring some new stuff up my way.....

mola ram
09-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Toysrus on Blossom Hill had the 12" Luke and Taun Taun. The x-wings seem to be everywhere along with the landspeeders. The new padme is officially out so it is time to start looking again!

crichards- the armada optimus prime is awesome. I got it at toysrus.com but it was about $6.00 more due to shipping. Definitely a must buy! I haven't found the reissue optimus but I did see the rodimus major. Ultra magnus is everywhere.

fightoned
09-15-2002, 01:29 PM
KB Toys in Vallco Fasion Park Mall in Cupertino as of Friday evening:
4 Playschool Falcon playsets
1 Naboo playschool playset
3 Xwing playschool playsets

All of them are really nice but I am not going to collect them.

Sorry for the late notice but the SSG server was down when I tried to post on Friday.

Hope this helps.

c_richards
09-16-2002, 11:38 AM
crichards- the armada optimus prime is awesome. I got it at toysrus.com but it was about $6.00 more due to shipping. Definitely a must buy! I haven't found the reissue optimus but I did see the rodimus major. Ultra magnus is everywhere.

Mola Ram- I snagged mine at Wally World in SL! He rocks! :) I'm glad to hear someone else that likes Prime and didn't bash it like many of my other friends! :)

This weekend was rather slim pickins for STAR WARS. Aside from Prime, there was NOTHING at Wally World.

TRU had the same tired peg warmers, tons of X-Wings, and 1 landspeeder that looked like it had been "well loved". No Luke and Taun Taun. but then again...I'm not looking! I have Han and Taun Taun and that's good enough. If I want to see a 12" Luke on it, I'll open my Luke/Wampa set and put him on the thing! No need to buy re-issues of what I've already got!

Target had nothing, same story... I was going to get the accessory sets, but decided against it so I could get Prime instead! :) (Decisions, decisions!)

Hopefully, more new things will come out soon, and I really wish Hasbro would stop re-packing toys just to sell them! I'm getting a bit annoied. How many Obi-Wan Pilots and Jedi Starfighters do we need? :)

MTFBWY!

stormie
09-16-2002, 01:14 PM
N0 luck for me either this weekend. Saw nothing new at all...well, except for that new interactive R2-D2 at the Sunnyvale TRU, which had one left. Any indication that the Accessory sets will start shipping again? I only saw one Hoth (which I bought) while they were out, and no others. 'Til next time! :)

c_richards
09-16-2002, 01:36 PM
I forgot to say that I too saw the Interactive R2 at Target in SL. They only had one left, and they had it marked at $99.99. It looks beautiful, but I can't justify spending 100 bucks on it! :)

I assume they might start putting more of the accessory packs out with the X-Mas rush! It's hard to say! :)

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY!

mola ram
09-16-2002, 02:40 PM
Nothing new at silver creek target.