PDA

View Full Version : NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Thunder408
09-19-2002, 04:16 AM
its been a long long time...
has anyone seen any figures from 41 up in the blossom hill area?

stormie
09-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Nothing new in Mountain View (hey, that rhymes!). I did see one 12" Zam Wessel at the WM, and I actually bought it. I guess I just needed to satisfy the itch of buying new SW at retail. :D

c_richards
09-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Nothing new on this end of the galaxy.
Surprise, Surprise. I did see STAR WARS electronic Battleship at Suncoast Motion Picture Company on Tuesday, but with a price tag of $49.99, I think I'll pass for now!

Nothing new in terms of figures. I am just waiting for the X-Mas push to hit then hopefully, I can "gorge" myself with new figures! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
09-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Just to move us up in the stack, nothing new on my end.

I read the list of 2003 figures. The first list ****ed me off. NOTHING but resculpts. What are they doing? Trying to drive us all away?

The 2'nd list looks a little better, but still, more resculpts than new figures. Plus, how many Padawans do I need. Hopefully, they will be alien ones.

c_richards
09-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Oh Come on Pelleaon....
Don't you want to have the excrutiating expirence of re-creating the bear clan?
j/k :)

All joking aside...I agree that the re-sulpts have to stop. I like the looks of the new Padme....but aside from her, I'd like to see more NEW sculpts Not the same ppl over and over. How about a Crix Madine figure, or a Major Derlin? These guys much more than Ephant Mon, and yet...still no figure.

Oh well......

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Lone Jedi
09-20-2002, 09:15 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't checked the forums or posted in a while, but I thought I'd check in since I have 2 weeks off from school/work. I know this is old news, but here's what I found in the past month or so:

Saga X-Wing (Foster City TRU)
Saga Landspeeder (Hayward TRU)
Repacked Jedi Starfighter (Bayfair KB)
Deluxe Yoda (Bayfair KB)
Deluxe C-3PO (Bayfair KB)
4 damaged accessory packs (SL Target)
Cantina Ponda Baba (Pittsburg Wal*Mart)
Cantina Momaw Nadon (Pittsburg Wal*Mart)
Darth Maul Sith Training (Southland KB)
Anakin Tatooine Attack (Southland KB)

I still have not seen the Acklay or any other new Saga figures in the East Bay. I shop mostly on weekends, so I guess I'll have to cross my fingers.

I know this is off the topic, but has anyone seen the re-issued Gen 1 Optimus Prime at TRU? I have a friend who is looking for it.

fightoned
09-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Went to Walmart and Target in MV,
KB on 280/stevens creek, and TRU sunnyvale today.
Haven't seen anything new except an empty electronic R2D2 ($100 one) at Sunnyvale TRU. I thought that was kind of strange.

On another note, I saw the new Star Trek Enterprise figures at KB in Vallco Fasion Park Mall in Cupertino.

fightoned
09-21-2002, 11:37 PM
My son and I have been playing with the R2D2. We found it at the TRU on winchester along with the 12" luke/tauntaun. We don't collect the 12"ers but I couldn't resist the R2D2. He is totally Rad! It is a heafty $100 price tag but well worth it. Lots of fun.

c_richards
09-23-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Lone Jedi
I know this is off the topic, but has anyone seen the re-issued Gen 1 Optimus Prime at TRU? I have a friend who is looking for it.

Lone Jedi-
I haven't seen the G1 Re-Issue Prime, but I know you can order it via TOYSRUS.com if you or your friend is interested! I have a buddy that works at the Hayward TRU, and he told me that Prime was in and out within 3 hours!

--------------------------------------------------

On to my report(s)..........

This weekend was a total bust for STAR WARS related merchandise. I hit Target, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart in SL on Friday night. Nothing new at all.

Saturday, I hit TRU in Hayward. That was a waste. They did have 1 Landspeeder, and about 4 Luke w/ Tauntaun. I looked at it, but am un-impressed. All I need now is another re-issue! And with a price tag of $69.99..... forget it!

I then went to Southland Mall. Again, goose egg in the STAR WARS Arena. I did manage to get the new Mini-Con Racing team (Transformers: Armada) and picked up a Magebolt Megatron (Transformers). However, that's not what this board is for! :)

Sunday, I hit a local comic shop, but they had nothing! Again, I picked up more Transformers items....but nothing STAR WARS Related.

Hope the info helps.... If anyone is interested and wants to know what TF stuff I got at the comic shop.... PM me and I'll be more than happy to let you know! :)

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!

Grayhank
09-23-2002, 01:34 PM
It's been awhile since I've checked in but here's what I've found as of late.

Found the Republic Gunship at RP Wal-Mart.

Finally found the Target accessory packs at SR Target.

Found the Luke Landspeeder and 12" Luke Taun-Taun at TRU.

My 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi has also arrived.

No sign of any new single carded figures around here.

c_richards
09-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Greetings all.

I'm not sure if any of you care, or order from TRU.com/Amazon.com, but they are offering the Pilot Padme figure now for $6.99 plus shipping. The price might be a bit steep, but if you are dying to get Padme, this might be a way for you to do so realtively soon. As for me, I'll pass for now, and continue to look around for one on the store pegs.

I also picked up the newest Issue of Toy Fare. They show the new Jango (Slave I Pilot), Lott Dodd, Deluxe Clone Trooper with Sppeder Bike and the 2 new Unleashed Dooku and Windu.

They list these figures as being released in September so I would make the assumption that they are about ready to be released all over.

Anyone heard of Ephant Mon is out yet? I haven't seen any signs of him aside from 1 ebay auction a while back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In un-related TF (transformers) news, Mola-Ram.... they show the new Scavenger, Jetfire, and 2 sets of mini-cons set for release in November. The mini-con teams are Space and Street Speed.

Finally, believe it or not, they are making action figures of the Osbournes. Ozzy, Sharon, Jack, and Kelly are all being immortalized in plastic. I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing! :)

Until the next time.......
MTFBWY!

fightoned
09-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Nothing new but did find the Tat Ani and Darth Maul at Target if anyone is still looking for these. Walmart had nothing new but I did ask if they got any Republic ships. I was told the only thing they had in was the $100 R2D2.

mola ram
09-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Kbtoys in vallco mall had a bunch of the exclusive jedi starfighters at a discount. Also, the playschool sets for those looking. Nothing else new for the carded figures.

Crichards - are the new minicons the ones in the comics or are they going to be on the show soon?

c_richards
09-26-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by mola ram
Crichards - are the new minicons the ones in the comics or are they going to be on the show soon?

I believe they will be in both. I remember reading that Hasbro and Dreamwave both agreed that figures Hasbro made would be characters in the books and show. Most all figures will have an apperance in the show. :)

At least that will help the situation and won't create a situation where Hasbro wants to flood the market with EU characters. :)

-------------------------------------------------

I stopped at TRU, Newark today. They had 1 Luke/Tauntaun left, and an Empty R2 box with a clear ticket holder plastered on it and tickets inside for the unit. It looks like they are going to do a pre-book on them. $10.00 now, and $89.99 when you pick it up.

Also, TRU had a pre-book ticket holder for Episode II in the SW section. I believe it was $5.00 down, and $14.99 when the movie arrives on 11/12.

No new figures..... pleanty of X-Wings, and 2 Landspeeders left!

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Thunder408
09-26-2002, 06:33 PM
fightoned
does the MV target still have the maul and ani?
i was gonna go today, but completely forgot

fightoned
09-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Thunder408
fightoned
does the MV target still have the maul and ani?
i was gonna go today, but completely forgot

I didn't get by there today so I don't know. I probably won't be able to do any searching in Mt View until next Monday. Bummer.

IG-89
09-27-2002, 12:01 PM
any of you guys need help getting TA Ani, Saga Maul and Pilot Padme? My target has a few left of ea. if anyone wants them. I can get them for cost and make arrangements if you live anywhere near me.

Thunder408
09-27-2002, 02:20 PM
IG 89 what target is that?
if its close enuff im willing to drive to it

IG-89
09-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Rhonert Park buddy. I live on the penninsula but i'm doin some work out in the North Bay.

jedibear
09-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Arrrggghh! The one day I don't go to that Target & that elusive Padme turns up! Oh, well.....gotta work.

Anyway, that RP Target IG-89 mentioned did get the $99. R2...as did TRU and the Windsor WM. It looks interesting, but at that price it may sit for awhile.

The RP WM got in another couple of boxes of the second 12" wave...finally managed to snag a mint SBD for myself. They still had a couple along with ONE Dooku & four Zams....

Still no new single carded figures up this way (but I'm so busy with work right now that I'm not hitting the circut as often as I'd like)

One last thing....if anyone passed on the Maul or Jango Unleashed...the RP Target has them marked down to around $10. but judging from the big amount they had I think they'll drop plenty more....

Grayhank
09-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Found Padme/Coruscant Attack, Endor Soldier (cleanshaven), Jango/Pilot, Clone Trooper/Republic Gunship Pilot, Watto and Tusken Raider w/Massiff at KBs today. No sign of Ephant Man, Destroyer Droid or Lott Dodd though.

Happy hunting!

Thunder408
09-28-2002, 11:56 PM
grayhank
which KB? there any left?

Grayhank
09-29-2002, 12:54 AM
They were found up here in Santa Rosa. There were still a couple of Padme's, Jangos, Clone Trooper and Endor Soldier. I think I got the last Watto and Tusken Raider.

Grayhank
09-29-2002, 01:02 AM
Also,

The Tusken Raider is a repainted POTJ Raider and the Massiff is exactly the same as the one that comes with the Geonosian Warrior.

c_richards
09-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Greetings all.
Sounds like this was a decent weekend for some STAR WARS fans like Grayhank and myself.

Sunday - Target - SL
I picked up the R2 ($99.99). Actually, it was an early birthday present from my folks. They saw it, and thought I would love it. Boy were they right! :) (It helps that I was with them..and kinda non-challantly pointed it out!)

Also.....my real find.... an ACKLAY! Clearanced for $11.18 at TARGET in SL! There were 2 when I got there....1 when I left. I found mine in a stack of clearnace stuff near the stationary department, and the second one was "hiding" on top of the R2 droid. The second one was still there when I left last night.

Aside from those 2 items. Nothin new related to STAR WARS. I did get a new "club" shirt and baseball hat, both Transformers related! :)

Mola Ram....if you're interested in the details, drop me a note (PM) and I'll give you the 411 on them. :)

Until the next time.....

MTFBWY!

mola ram
10-02-2002, 12:32 AM
If you are in San Jose, go to Oakridge mall (blossom hill road) tommorrow morning, 10-02-2002. The KBtoys had the new Jango, Watto, Clone trooper pilot, Padme Pilot, Rebel Soldier, Tusken Raider, Anakin, Darth Maul, Ki Adi, and Teemto. The cases were sitting behind the counter. Ask the person to open some as they were very helpful. I haven't been searching for the new figures but it was sure nice to find them all in one swoop.

Good luck!

mola ram
10-02-2002, 12:33 AM
Oh, Lott Dodd was in the case also!

Thunder408
10-02-2002, 01:25 AM
mola ram will be me savior! assuming they are still there at opening

fightoned
10-02-2002, 09:21 AM
great news mola ram! I won't be able to make it down there but I will keep checking the other KBs around my home.

As of yesterday at 5PM nothing new was found at:
Mt View Walmart
Mt View Target
KB Vallco
KB Stevens Creek
Kmart Sunnyvale/S. Clara on El Camino

c_richards
10-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Nice find Mola Ram!!!

I won't be able to head over that way, but hopefully, I can find some relatively soon here in the East Bay. I haven't seen anything new lately aside from the Acklay that I told you all about on Monday.

Hopefully, I'll go out to Target or Wally World tonight and see what they have! :)

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

Thunder408
10-02-2002, 12:22 PM
i went to kb at oakridge... the 1st and only person there
and the pegs were filled with old stuff, then i asked the manager and he said yea we just got in a bunch of new stuff last night... went to check, he didnt find anything, i scoured each peg and found a teemto! =D
but nothing else =(

thank you mola ram for the info =)

mola ram
10-02-2002, 12:56 PM
I went there last night about 6:30 p.m. and they had about 6 cases. They didn't put them on the pegs. All the cases were behind the counter. I doubt anyone picked them up last night as it was very near closing. You might want to check back again tomorrow as the cases are probably still there.

mola ram
10-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Someone on another forum posted that the Milpitas walmart has the lott dodd, watto and tusken raider right now.

c_richards
10-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I never had a chance to run out to TRU or KB in Newark during my lunch break. Things in the office went ballistic preventing me from even going out to get something to eat!!!!!

After I get home and have dinner, I will try to make a run to SL Target and see if there is anything there noteworthy!

I am glad to hear that a few of you were able to get some new figures, and in the event of Mola Ram, getting all 9 new figures. That's quite a feat!

I will report back tomorrow on if I found anything or not!

Until then....
MTFBWY!

Thunder408
10-02-2002, 07:25 PM
at kaybee the employee hinted that the figures were all probably sold, since he said he was surprised of the good sales yesterday... could 6 cases do that much to sales? maybe....
he also says the employess usually call up friends when they get new stuff in, which i think is jacked, since the people that usually work there that do that kind of stuff, have some scalper influences.

BUT ! its a good thing that this forum has been more active... I finally get to see a figure above #40 and its not just a dream... THEY REALLY DO EXIST!

c_richards
10-03-2002, 10:47 AM
Yes Thunder408, #'s above 40 do exist! :)

Well, as I stated yesterday, I would try to get to Target in SL and I did. Nothing there to note. They did have a few Accessory packs, but they were all bent up, and not worth getting in my opinion.

I also hit Walgreens in San Leandro/San Lorenzo border to see if they might have anything. They only had 3 STAR WARS figures, 2 Padme (Arena Escape) and 1 Mace Windu. I did however, pick up the last Heroes of Cybertron figure (transformer).

I ended the excusion with a ride to SL K-Mart. They had totally re-done the toy area to get ready for the Christmas Push. For once, it didn't look like an explosion went off, or a Tornado ripped through the area. They had no new STAR WARS basic figures, but they had a few of the 3PO and Yoda Deluxe sets as well as 2 12" Dooku's and 1 SBD.

I did see the Clam Shell 2-packs. What can I say. They are standard figures bundled together. Last thing I saw and ended up buying was the new 12" Jango that talks, makes fight sounds and sound effects. He was $29.99, but I figured the extra $10.00 was for the electronic componants. The face sculpt looks good. It's a dead on likeness of Morrison. However, the voice, is not his. It does sound good however.

As for Obi-Wan. Great likness, decent play value, but the voice is all wrong. Obi-Wan's voice sounds almost like Steve Irwin (the Crocodile Hunter) as a Jedi Knight. "Crikey, Jango... you've got blasters that can take me arm clean off!" No....he doesn't really say that! :)

There's nothing else too entertaining aside from that. Hope the info helps.

MTFBWY!

c_richards
10-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Well, I went to TRU, Target, and KB in Newark today.

TRU - Several Luke/Tauntaun 12", no new figures or vehicles. Pleanty of X-Wings.

KB - no sign of new figures. Newest figure was Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Target - No signs of anything new!

This is starting to get a bit disappointing!

Until the next time......

MTFBWY

Thunder408
10-03-2002, 03:57 PM
c-richards
which kb had the ki adi mundi?

c_richards
10-03-2002, 04:20 PM
KB - Newpark Mall.
They had 2.... not on pegs...kinda "hidden" under the figures on the lowest "rack" 2 nd aisle from the right.

GOOD LUCK!

c_richards
10-04-2002, 11:44 AM
c-richards
which kb had the ki adi mundi?

Thunder 408-
Were you able to get your Ki-Adi?

Everyone else, have any of you seen the collections pages? There are some very nice collections out there. I'd love to display my collections as they have, but I simply don't have the room, talent or muscle power right now to move furniture around in my room.

I do have plans to build a few shelving units for my Transformers, and I am thinking of doing a few mods to the unit and making something for my figures.

Nothing new lately. I am not sure if I'll be able to get to the stores this weekend or not. I have a lot of thins going on!

MTFBWY!

fightoned
10-04-2002, 11:34 PM
Padme Attack , Teemto, Tat Ani, and Maul training were at KB on Stevens Creek/280 as of 4PM today. The boxes were on the counter and already picked through so I think I missed out on some stuff.

Thunder408
10-05-2002, 12:06 AM
c-richards-
i didnt get a chance to get the ki adi
maybe ill go tomorrow morning to that kb that fightoned mentioned and maybe get some new figures there
wish me luck

Thunder408
10-05-2002, 02:13 PM
any updates today?

KB at 280 stevens creek
had watto, tusken, lot dodd, ani, maul, padme
all were in pretty bad condition =(
they had two fresh boxes at the counter and i got to look in em.
it looked like someone sat on the boxes. every card was bent outta shape

kb at westgate valley fair had a Jango pilot... but one bent up corner

kb at oakridge had alotta dookus, but nothing new

fightoned
10-05-2002, 11:34 PM
KB at Vallco had watto, maul, padme, clone trop pilot, tat ani, and jango pilot. That was at 4PM today.

c_richards
10-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Sorry to disappoint all, but this weekend was a total bust. I didn't have a chance to go out at all!

Actually, I take that last part back. I did go to Target in SL last night.

Nothing. Only thing of interest was an Acessory pack w/ the Hoth Trooper, but it was bent/dented on one corner!

I also stopped at Wally World (Wal-Mart) U.C. on the way home on Friday night. No new STAR WARS, but I did manage to pick up a deck of G1 Transformers Playing cards!

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

c_richards
10-08-2002, 11:06 AM
Greetings everyone-

I know many of you are not fans of mail order, but I thought I would make this post in the slight chance that someone might be interested.

I recieved an email update from one of my favorite online toy stores, BigBadToyStore.com about new products they have gotten in. In the mail, they mentioned the following new figures:

Deluxe: Flying Geonosian
Deluxe: Clone Trooper & Speeder Bike
Deluxe: Anakin Skywalker - Force Flipping

I went to their site, and the Geonosian, and Clone Trooper are already sold out, but more will be in soon! The Ani is still in stock, but I am sure that will be the next one to go!

Again, I know a lot of you are not fans of mail order, and some of you may not be fans of BBTS. I just wanted to give you all a "heads up" and they are starting to ship, and now is the time to start hitting the streets and looking for them among the 9 other new figures. :)

Take care everyone!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-09-2002, 11:57 AM
I received my Star Tours figures in the mail yesterday, wave 2 plus R3-D3. Some can pass as mint, but some were in bad shape, but no mind, I used those as openers. Price is decent when you go in as a group and order 5 sets. The shipping cost really drops.

Of the four, I would say R3-D3 is the best. I like the detailing on the dome, which is NOT a repeat of R3-T7.

stormie
10-10-2002, 01:42 PM
Took a day off yesterday, and squandered it by searching up and down the peninsula in search of new stuff. Found nothing but pegs of Zams at MV Target and WM; Sunnyvale Target and TRU; Cupertino Target; Stevens Creek and Valco KBs; and the RWC Target, Kmart and TRU. Yes, that's ten stores and no new product. And they wonder why online store do any business. ;)

c_richards
10-10-2002, 01:45 PM
I went "scouting" yesterday. I hit the TRU in Newark as well as the K-Mart.

TRU - Nothing new. 3 Luke/Tauntaun's left. Still remnants of the Han wave, tons of others.

K-Mart - Ditto. Had one Endor soldier (Beard) left, 1 Dooku 12". Everything else same pegwarmers as everywhere else.

I'll try to get over to Target and see if they have anything entertaining.

Until then.....
MTFBWY!

c_richards
10-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by stormie
Took a day off yesterday, and squandered it by searching up and down the peninsula in search of new stuff. Found nothing but pegs of Zams at MV Target and WM; Sunnyvale Target and TRU; Cupertino Target; Stevens Creek and Valco KBs; and the RWC Target, Kmart and TRU. Yes, that's ten stores and no new product. And they wonder why online store do any business. ;)

First off, I apologize for the double post.
Stormie - 10 shops in 1 day.... that's got to be some sort of record! :)

Hopefully, new stuff will be starting to hit the floors anytime with the massive Christmas push coming! Please believe me when I tell you things will be coming.... some stores just take longer to push out the new stuff. I have heard that a few stores will be sending back the pegwarmers (Toys R Us I think) and making room for the new figures. That should ease the pain a bit.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-10-2002, 04:11 PM
BTW, the new San Leandro BayFair Target is now open.

c_richards
10-10-2002, 04:22 PM
That's cool.
I was told it was going to open on the 13th (My B-Day). That just means I might have to take a ride over there tonight!

BTW -

I ran to Target in Newpark Mall-
No new figures. Nothing in terms of Accessory packs etc.

KB - Newpark Mall
Ditto. I asked if they had any more figures and was told their stock room is crammed so they can't get to them right now. There might be a chance in a few days and check back then! :)

No indication of any new figures or not.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-10-2002, 04:42 PM
I was told that the 13'th was the OFFICIAL grand opening, but they actually opened this tuesday.

Happy Birthday to you. How old are you? And for that matter, what is your social security number and mothers maiden name? Hee, hee, hee.

c_richards
10-10-2002, 05:00 PM
I'll give out my age.... no problem. But SSN, Mother's maiden name? I think NOT! hehehe

for that matter did you want me to leave a blood sample, and my age in dog years too? :)

I'll be 29 years old. 1 year shy of 3 decades! :) To really put things in perpective...I saw ANH when I was 3 at a dive-in theater.... it was either the Island theater in Alameda or the Coliseum theater in Oakland! :)

Now that I am getting up there in age...I still have to wait another 25 years before I can begin to think about applying for the senior discount! :)

Pellaeon
10-10-2002, 05:03 PM
AH, your still a mere "Yute"

Geez, I was 12 when I first saw ANH.

Grayhank
10-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Latest finds from the North Bay:

Wave 3 of the Unleased Figures were found at TRU consisting of Mace Windu and Dooku/Tyranus (or whatever name he ends up having). There were a couple of Luke/Landspeeders and Luke/TaunTaun. Also the 12" Electronic Jango & Obi-Wan.

The Ackley has turned up again at Wal-Mart.

The best find of all was the Geonosian Battle Arena found at K-Mart this afternoon. The price is a bit steep but this piece appears to be quite heavily packed with goodies. Haven't decided whether to open it or not but if it starts to appear in great abundance I might just break down and see what's actually inside the box.

No sign of new single carded figures aside from Tat Ani and Maul. The only figures I am currently missing are Ephant Mon and the Destroyer Droid which will finish out the 52 figures for the year before the renumbering begins (53 if you count the 2 Endor Rebel Soldiers as separate figures).

The 12" wave 2 are sitting in great abundance all over the place and even the Target Accessory packs have started to sit.

Aside from that I did score a Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror set #3 at TRU yesterday. If contains: Evil Willie, Hugo Bart, Witch Marge, and Donuthead Homer. So if any of you collect Simpsons start checking your local TRUs. These sets have traditionally sold out very quickly and skyrocketed in price on the secondary market.

Happy Hunting!

jedibear
10-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanks to Grayhank for the heads-up on the Arena! He's right...the box definately has some heft to it! I especially like the fact that you can attach the deluxe Yoda set & Threepio sets to the arena/droid factory to make the palyset even more fun....

Sure hope some single-carded figures appear soon....I'm beginning to think the last couple of waves are going to become the holy grails of the Saga collection like the Holo-Sidious, Sio Bibble, the Battle Queen Amidala , Naboo Royal Guard & the two droids did for the EpOne collection....Here's hoping I'm wrong!

I picked up those last two entries in the "Unleashed" collection. I especially like the Mace.

If anyone sees the "Unleashed" Vader in their areas, let me know...I passed on it when I saw it (low funds) and haven't seen it since....

Thunder408
10-13-2002, 10:55 PM
is today the day that TRU's start sending back all the pegwarmers to make room for the new figures?
anyone gone to any TRU?
ill probably check out a few TRU's tomorrow morning and see what happens..

c_richards
10-14-2002, 10:51 AM
Greetings all.

I thought I would let you know that this weekend was ok, but nothing too exciting.

Saturday I was in San Francisco for Fleet Week and I did pick up a STAR WARS Item there. It was a poster "checklist" of all the STAR WARS posters produced from 1977 - 1997 including the TV movie "The Ewok Adventure" and the Special Editions.

Sunday I hit the new Target at Bayfair in San Leandro. It's pretty nice. Decent toy section, but nothing "new" in terms of toys. They had a lot of Acklays, but all marked for $15.99. They also had all Accessory packs, but I passed on them and bought a Video game for the PS 2 (Robotech: Battle Cry) as kind of a Birthday Present to myself! :)

I also hit the TRU in Hayward and saw the same old same old. TRU did have signs on the SW figures saying they were marked down from $6.99 each to $4.99 each. I would assume that this is the last step before they are packed up and sent back to Hasbro. Give it about a month or so.... Then again, I could be wrong.

Hope you all had a successful weekend.
Take care, and until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Oops!, pushed the wrong button! Oh well, the "3 Things" actually belongs here.

IG-89
10-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Anyone know when the next 'Humdinger' in SJ is gonna be?

c_richards
10-14-2002, 12:31 PM
IG-89-

I'm sorry to sound so ignorant to you and others that know, but what is the "Humdinger"? I assume it's a toy show of some sorts?

I have never heard of that show at all!

Again, Sorry to sound so ignorant!

MTFBWY!

On another note, Thanks to Pelleaon for picking up a set of the STAR TOURS figures for me. You are right, they rock! :)

stormie
10-14-2002, 12:36 PM
No new figures found over the weekend. However, I did pick up the new Arena playset at the RWC Kmart. It was sitting on a shelf on an adjacent aisle, and the box was open (tape was cut). Being that it was the only one, I actually just took a few minutes to open it up all the way, seek the instructions, open them and determine that all the parts/stickers were there. It's pretty big, and pretty cool. However, I really have no place to put it...yet. At least I found something new!

Not exactly sure when the next Humdinger show is, but it's usually around November. I get a coupon in the mail everytime, so I'll let you all know when I find out the exact date. Also, there's a Collector's Quest show happening in late October at the Great America Parkway hotel. I'll post the exact date and time when I find the flyer.

c_richards
10-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Grettings everyone.

I just got back from a scouting mission. I can sum up my finds in one word NOTHING!!!

Toys R Us - Newark
Figures marked down to $4.99 each. About 5 Luke/Tauntaun, and pleanty of X-Wings. I did see one of the new electronic 12" Obi-Wans, but nothing exciting or screaming to buy it!

KB Toys - Newpark Mall
Nothing there. Pleanty of older figures Endor Soldier (beard) a few Yodas and Dooku, pleanty of others.

Target - Newpark Mall
Nothing new. They had re-stocked the 12" dolls but only initial release.

Suncoast Motion Picture Company - Newpark Mall
Nothing in there. A few POTJ figures (Bo Shek, Teebo) and a couple of Sagas. Most of the SW Stuff was marked 25% off. Only a few items not covered like STAR WARS Electronic Battleship, glass mugs, etc.

I'll keep my eyes open and report back should I see anything!

Until then....
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-15-2002, 10:28 AM
Hit the BayFair Target and KayBee as well as the San Leandro Target. Nothing.

The manager at the KayBee ignores me now that I passed last week on the new collection 1 figure wave. All (and I mean ALL) of the cards were completely thrashed, so I had to pass. Still, I think I ticked her off when I originally had 12 figures in hand and ended up only buying the clone trooper pilot as an opener. Oh well, what can I do????

c_richards, I agree, Hasbro has hit yet another low by re-releasing that A-wing in a different color! To add, they will probably jack the price up to $30-$35 bucks, whereas the original was $20.

c_richards
10-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Time for me to get up on my soap box again.

I talked to Pellaeon about this yesterday via email, so that explains his comment at the end of his post.

I am getting exceptionally annoied with Hasbro re-issuing figures, vehicles, etc that have already been produced.

Perfect example, the upcoming A-Wing fighter. This was produced in the mid 80's as part of the POTF line then.

When STAR WARS came back in the mid 90's, Hasbro again re-issued the A-Wing. Not a problem with this at all. It's a new series, and they did re-vamp the paint scheme on it to make it look more like the films.

Now on SSG is a post that Hasbro again, in all it's infinite wisdom, is going to reissue the A-Wing for yet a 3rd time. This time the gimmick is it's green!

I persoanally am getting a bit tired of all the re-issues. Why not make other vehicles like a Z-95 Headhunter from EU, or an E-Wing?

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing new versions of figures, like the new Padme coming out next year. It is a different figure/sculpt/idea than the first.

I just don't care for Hasbro re-packing a figure, vehicle, or etc. It kinda detracts from the "art" of looking for the new figures.

I don't expect you all to agree with me, but I thought I would voice my concern. :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

stormie
10-15-2002, 02:25 PM
You're "preachin' to the choir!" :D

I agree. I'm also a little tired of Hasbro re-releasing these things. However, I do kinda see why they do it. First and foremost for money (easy one there). But I think they also do it for the newer collectors that weren't around in '85 or '95, which, from a certain standpoint, I guess is good; however, I keep coming back to the money reason as the main culprit. ;) That being said, I still buy pretty much everything Hasbro throws at me. Heck I bet if they bubbled up a couple rocks from Skywalker Ranch, slapped them on a card, and sold them as an exclusive, I'd buy two! :D

btw, I think the original A-Wing was part of the Droids series...and I'd kill for one MIB! ;)

c_richards
10-15-2002, 02:37 PM
I thought it was both Droids and POTF '85. I'll have to go home and look it up in my books.

It doesn't matter, either way... stop the freaking re-issues!

Or at least...... cut back on them! :)

c_richards
10-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Greetings everyone.

I thought I would let you know that my trip to Target in Newark (Newpark Mall) netting nothing new in the way of STAR WARS action figures. I did see 1 accessory pack (battle droid) and they had restocked the 12" Dolls (first wave). But nothing else of note.

I can't say the trip was a total waste as I did walk out with 2 cds. :) Granted none of them STAR WARS related (Elvis 30 #1 Hits and The Rolling Stones - 40 Licks) but at least it was something. No time to stop at TRU or KB since I was on a very tight time schedule. Today and tomorrow look to be completely null and void of lunchtime scouting as work dictates I need to be elsewhere both days! :) I will try to update you if anything new arrises as soon as possible.

Until then......
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
10-17-2002, 11:06 AM
I hit the Bay Fair Target yesterday. The price listed for the Acklay on the shelf was still $15.99, but I grabbed one and scanned it anyway. Came up to $3.98! So I bought one.

stormie
10-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Pretty slim pickin's around here lately (the last three months). So slim that I've resorted to on-line case ordering (eeks!). Anyway, got my case of the Ephant Mon et al yesterday. It has Lott Dodd, clean-shaven Rebel Soldier, Watto, Tusken with Massiff, Teemto, Ki-Adi, and Ephant Mon. Unfortunately the case also has one Massiff w/Geonosian too, but at least there's seven new figures I haven't seen before...anywhere. :D That Ephant Mon is huge...and ugly!

So, I've just seen sporadic reports of the Gunships showing up around here. Anyone seen any sitting on shelves? I really want to get this without paying $8 for shipping (no pun intended). Hopefully they'll start showing up as regularly as the TRU X-Wings and Luke w/Tauntauns that have clogged the aisles lately. ;)

c_richards
10-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Stormie-
If you don't mind me asking.... where did you order the case from? What was the total damage with tax, shipping, etc? How long did you have to wait until you got it?

Were the figures in decent shape? If so, this might be a way to go!!!! :)

THX

MTFBWY!

stormie
10-17-2002, 05:54 PM
c_richards-
I ordered the case from newforcecomics.com. They do a lot of presells. The cases are factory sealed and double-boxed, so the condition of the figures is the same as what you'd get at the store...before anyone's had a chance grab 'em with their dirty mits! All the figures in the case I received were in perfect condition. The case was a set of 12 figures for $59.99, and they charge $6.95 for shipping. The per-figure total comes out to roughly $5.58...which is extremely comparable to what the stores offer. I guess the only down-side to this is that I ordered this case on about September 8th, and only received it yesterday (October 16th). But like I said, the only figure I already had was the Massiff w/Geonosian, so they were all new figures for me. Another problem with this site is that they accept pre-sell orders only during a small window of time, so a lot of times when you check their site, everything's marked "out of stock" - like it is now. I was so pleased to get new figures, I wanted to start ordering more! ;) I guess this really isn't a bad way to go. That is, if these same figures you've pre-ordered don't start showing up in record numbers at the stores around town. :D

ironsaviour
10-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Anybody from San Francisco or San JOse? I'll be there on november and I'd like someone to tell me some toy stores there and another stores for star wars collectors (I know that in this kind of stores all the figures are overpriced, but...). Thanks.

c_richards
10-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ironsaviour
Anybody from San Francisco or San JOse? I'll be there on november and I'd like someone to tell me some toy stores there and another stores for star wars collectors (I know that in this kind of stores all the figures are overpriced, but...). Thanks.

IronSaviour-

It really depends on what areas you plan to hit. In San Francisco, there are a few shops like FAO Schwarz. However, FAO charges roughly double of what a conventional store charges for a STAR WARS figure.

If you are planning to hit the East Bay (Oakland, Berkley, Hayward, San Leandro, Union City, Fremont) Then try to hit the local Targets, Wal-Marts, K-Marts, Toys R Us, KB Toys, etc. Prices for a figure there range from $4.99 - $6.99 each.

I'm not too familiar with the San Jose area, nor all of San Francisco.

I hope my ideas and hint are of use. I hope you enjoy your stay in California, or as I call it, the Land of Shake and Bake! :)

Until then.....
MTFBWY!

c_richards
10-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Greetings everyone.

First off, I am sorry for the double post. It didn't dawn on me to include this portion with the first post. Forgive me.

In terms of searching news. Nothing new. I didn't do my normal "toy run" since I wasn't feeling too well. I did make it to Wal-Mart Saturday afternoon to see peg after peg filled with older figures, and no signs of anything worth getting. I did see 2 12" dolls, Zam and SBD, but passed.

Hopefully, today I'll be able to venture out a bit and try to hit TRU in Newark. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Until then......
MTFBWY!

ironsaviour
10-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks c_richards. Yeah, sure, I'm going to spend 12 days there, anda I'd like to go Berkeley, Oakland...

Pellaeon
10-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Picked up the Padme Pilot, Jango Pilot, and Clonetrooper Pilot at the Emeryville TRU today.

c_richards
10-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Nice find Pelleaon.

I just got back from scouting TRU - Newark, and Target Newpark Mall. TRU had nothing new in terms of STAR WARS. Pleanty of the Luke/TaunTaun still, as well as the X-Wing.

Mola Ram, TRU - Newark had Smokescreen (TF Armada) in stock. they had two when I arrived, and I picked one up!:)

Target - Newpark Mall
Nothing. Same stuff....different day!:)

MTFBWY!

c_richards
10-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Greetings all-

Results from the Scouting Mission on 10/23:

Target - Newpark Mall
Same figures. A few 12" (Ani, Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper). No signs of any new figures.

KB Toys - Newpark Mall
Same figures hanging. Bunch of 12" including a fairly good amount of the Clone Captain, and Clone Sergeant (Red and Yellow color variations). All the boxes I looked at were fairly mangled. I figured for $21.99, I wanted a decent figure, in a decent box. They also had the Dooku/Zam wave in. Pleanty of the Obi-Wan/Jedi Starfighter sets.

Hope the info helps!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

jedibear
10-23-2002, 11:07 PM
went to our local TRU today to see if we got anything new after reading of Pelleon's great pilot finds....but instead, our TRU got six cases of the TatAni/Sith Maul waves....sigh. Hopefully that pilot wave'll turn up soon so I can pick up some CloneTrooper pilots to go with my Republic Gunship!

Sidenote: the SR Kmart still had several Padme pilots as of yesterday (the 22nd)...

c_richards
10-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Greetings all-

I thought I would let you know about my findings at TRU - Newark today.

Nothing new. (surprise, surprise!)
They had a few Djas, and 1 Palpatine (hiding on the shelves behind the "blasters") a few yodas (same place as Palpatine). Still had a butt-load of X-Wings, and a few Luke/TaunTaun 12".

No signs of anything new.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

IG-89
10-24-2002, 07:26 PM
What figures are we all looking for by the way? I know we're still waiting for Ephont Mon (God knows how we goin to get that packed at 2 per case) but i have NEVER EVER seen Lott Dodd, Watto, Shaved Endor Guy or the Tuskin Massif. If not for KB, i wouldn't have the Pilot wave either. We've been reading that TRU is supposed to be sending their pegwarmers back to Hasbro but i haven't seen much change lately.

Anywaze, new figures at TRU meant Djas Puhr, Palpatine, Teemto and Ki Adi Mundi i guess (in SF and San Rafael). All figures i scored at KB over 2 months ago BTW. Why does TRU suck so much???? Do they not want our money?

Also, i don't get how overstocking the 12" Luke w/ Tauntaun is going to make us Star Wars collectors any happier. Geez, TRU needs to get a clue.

Thunder408
10-24-2002, 09:31 PM
the three TRU in my area are being good to me...
i FINALLY get to get a momc maul, ani, and shaved endor rebel....
seen the tuskin with massiff there also....
for some reason ever tuskin raider with massiff... the bubble seemed to have collapsed?
probably gonna be a nightmare to get one with a mint bubble
how i hate to be a perfectionist

fightoned
10-24-2002, 11:37 PM
Walmart and Target in Mt View 10/24 update

Neither had much of anything but I did pick up the Ponda Boda deluxe at Walmart. I wasn't planning on getting it but I was impressed. That was the only on of the 3 first waves I have ever seen.

later.

c_richards
10-25-2002, 10:37 AM
I think we have a harder time at TRU for 2 reasons.

1.) Many of us are not able to get to TRU at 9:30am to hit the STAR WARS section and get the newest figures (if any).

2.) We aren't contending with just other collectors and pirates, but also TRU employees who are themselves collectors. They may tell you that they don't get a chance to open cases, and pull what they want, but don't let that fool you. I have a friend that works for TRU and have been told several times how he was able to pull and hold merchandise that was "hot" such as STAR WARS figures!

Finally I think that a lot of the new figures aren't hitting the shelves because TRU doesn't want to overpack the pegs with other peg-warmers. While this move does make sense, it also adds to the fustration of both the customer and the store.

No customer wants to see a wall of pegwarming figures, and is always on the hunt for the next latest and greatest wave. Stores also don't want to have a wall of figures that don't sell, but at the same time, a move to take them off may mean that a future customer that didn't have that version of Jango Fett, or that one Mace Windu will have to either go without or go to another store. TRU like any other retailer does not want you to leave their store empty handed. Let's hope this move to return figures (by TRU I think, and also by Wal-Mart as shown on the main SSG site) more new figures like Ephant Mon, Destroyer Droid (Arena) and others will make their appearances very shortly! :)

MTFBWY!

Grayhank
10-25-2002, 09:09 PM
You bring up some good points CRichards, however, As one who routinely gets to TRU at opening I don't see alot of people lining up at 9:30 am anymore. They are just not getting the new stuff in.

As JediBear mentioned, our Santa Rosa TRU has put out at least 12 boxes of the Tat Ani and Maul wave. Talk about a wall of pegwarmers. This isn't even the case that comes with Padme. Hell even Yoda is sitting there as he is in most stores. No longer the scarce figure many believe him to be.

The Montgomery Village KBs also got in 4 boxes of the Tat/Maul wave but this one has 3 Padme's in it. So it is a safe guess that she will be next to make the pegwarmer list.

So far around here only K-Mart and KBs have gotten anything newer than these two aforementioned cases. K-Mart has also gotten in the new deluxe figures: Flying Geonosian, Flip Ani and Clone Trooper and so far has been the only store to receive the Arena Playset.

My biggest find in the last 2 weeks has been a Bloody Stump Luke which I found at FAO in San Fran. I was thrilled to finally get one! They seemed to have every version of him clogging their pegs.

The latest Lee's Action Figure Review has the new Saga Build a guide in it in case anyone is interested.

fightoned
10-26-2002, 12:06 AM
KB at Vallco in Cupertino had several cases in this afternoon. I looked at everything and all I could find was ani/maul/padme pilot. A few Chewies. Anyway I was very disappointed.

KB at 280/stevens creek had a watto, ki, and tuskin&Massiff. So I seem to be only missing E-mon and lott dod. Has anyone seen these?

BTW, sorry for not posting more often but we just got a new puppy 4 weeks ago so I don't have much time to shop.

Later

ironsaviour
10-26-2002, 05:46 AM
For someone from san francisco. How much are the star wars action figures at FAO? Do they have old figures from episode II (I mean figures like coruscant guards, orn free ta's, jar jar binks senator's?
And does anybody know another store for collectors in san francisco? (Not trs not Kb...)

Grayhank
10-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Figures at FAO Schwartz in SF are $7.99. They had lots of Jar Jars, Mace, Vader, Luke, Qui-Gon and Nikto's as well as some others. I don't recall seeing any royal guards but I didn't go through every figure as there were so many. It appeared that they didn't have anything newer than the Luke wave.

There is (or was haven't been there in quite some time) a toy store at Pier 39 that carries Star Wars, sorry don't remember the name of it but it is located at the end of the pier near the Disney store.

Also there is the Geary Street TRU. Stonestown Galleria Mall which is basically on 19th Ave has a KBs. San Francisco Center also used to have a KBs but not sure if it's there anymore either.

ironsaviour
10-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Thanks for your information grayhank. I knew the TRU but I didn't have idea about the toy store at Pier 39. Sure, I'll go there.

Grayhank
10-27-2002, 02:02 PM
No problem Iron! Like I said haven't been to Pier 39 in awhile and the stores change there from time to time. Good luck!

Weekend finds:

KBs at both MV and SR Plaza had a few remnants of the Lott Dodd wave yesterday.

Target in RP had the Arena Playset.

Aside from that there is nothing new to report in Santa Rosa.

I have applied for employment at the MV KBs and have an interview tomorrow. I haven't worked retail in a number of years but figured I'm there almost everyday anyhow, so might as well get paid for being there. There is a good chance I will be hired as I am friends with most of the other employees and they have put in good words to the manager.

fightoned
10-27-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey I just got back from TRU off winchester in SJ 2:30PM. They had every new figure except for Ephant Mon. Yes even Lott Dodd!

They did have the micro solar sail ship and AT-TE. NO sign of the Arena nor Gun Ship.

To top it off they even had the New Enterprise! OK not Star Wars but still very cool to find.

So hurry up and get down there.

Later
Ed

Thunder408
10-27-2002, 04:58 PM
haha i was at the WINCHESTER TRU also
did they have the pilot wave?
i went thro each peg and didnt see those
but i did see the lot dodd and tusken raider watto padme etc etc
alot of em arent momc tho

Thunder408
10-27-2002, 05:04 PM
hoping for a fightoned reply... i hope they didn just put out the jango pilot and clone trooper pilot after i left!
id got nutz!
but id hate to go back and find nothing

fightoned
10-27-2002, 05:34 PM
You know I didn't see the clone pilot but I could have sworn I saw the jango pilot. Hope this helps.

c_richards
10-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Greetings all-

Here's the report from my Scouting Mission over the weekend! :)

SATURDAY -

TRU - Hayward
No new figures in the store, but a collector buddy of mine was able to get my a Padme Pilot, Jango Pilot, and Clone Trooper Pilot. Thank you for that bit of happiness! :) I did pick up the new Jedi Training Lightsaber with the chrome plated hilt. It's a nice looking toy. The piece if rather well balanced, it lights up, and not only makes the noises, but will determine what hum to use dependant on how fast/hard you swing the thing around. It does make crash noises and the hilt will vibrate. Finally they put voices in it like Yoda saying "Control, control, you must learn control!" Or Qui-Gon, "Don't think, feel!" When you turn off the lightsaber, you are treated to the late Sir Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan saying, "The Force Will Be With You... Always!"

Target - SL (OLD TARGET)
The old Target (Hesperian Blvd.) had nothing new. No signs of anything entertaining.

Target - SL (Bayfair Mall)
They did have 2 of the new Delux figures. I found Deluxe Ani, and Geonosian. No signs of Clone Troopers.

KB - Bay Fair Mall
They had a lot of the Tat Ani/Sith Training Maul and Pilot Padme in. One of the employees there told me they also had the Tuskin Raider, Lott Dodd, Watto, Clean Shaven Endor Soldier, Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot. Of course, all were gone, but I did manage to find about 2 Jango Pilots. I picked another one up for my Slave 1 ship.

SUNDAY -

K-Mart -SL
Of all places. I found a Watto and Tuskin Raider w/ Massiff. Both of the cards and bubbles were pretty mangled, but I figured they would be good openers once I get a decent copy of each!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
10-28-2002, 04:40 PM
I stopped by Geary TRU yesterday... picked up Pilot Padme, Tatooine Attack Ani and Clone Pilot... they also had Jango Pilot but I'm not in a hurry to get that one.
They also had the 12" Luke & Tauntaun... thank God I don't collect 12". :D

fightoned
10-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Target in Cupertino had all the figures at $2.99. I picked up some army builders.

Slacker Jedi
10-30-2002, 07:59 PM
I got the interactive R2-D2!! :D

c_richards
10-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Slacker-

You'll love that R2!!!!
I got it as a birthday present and he is just too cool for words! :)
If you haven't already done so, do this command:

Hey R2
Game Mode
Dance Program

Watch what he does!

There is also another one of my favorites

Hey R2
Do You Remember
Anakin

And....you will need this command a lot

Hey R2
Re-set System

-------------------------------------------------------

I went to the new Target at Bayfair last night. Nothing new in terms of figures. They had a few of the 12" SBD, and Zam, but I passed. They did have pleanty of the Accessory packs available.

From there, it was off to KB in the mall. They had remnants of waves there, but nothing really new. They did have 1 Teemto left on the pegs, as well as a bunch of Padme (Coruscant Attack), Tat Ani, and Sith Training Maul.

No new other figures. I did forget to mention that my weekend spree also netted me a Unleashed Dooku/Tyrannus. I think he really looks good. The Mace Windu looks ok, but I wasn't too keen on the figure so I passed.

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
10-31-2002, 01:07 PM
I've been having a hard time with my R2... looks like it might have a bad motivator! ;)

This morning I saw the Arena playset and the interactive lightsaber at the Geary TRU in SF (passed on both).

Yesterday I saw unleashed Dooku and Mace at Stonestown KBToys (also passed).

Anyone else looking forward to AOTC on IMAX?

c_richards
10-31-2002, 01:18 PM
I saw that Saber that you are talking about. I picked it up, and it's actually a sweet toy! I bit on the pricey side, but...it's pretty cool.

I like the fact that it determines how fast, slow, etc. you swing the saber, and it will make the energy hum/swipe dependant on what it thinks you are doing. It also will flash, vibrate and make the nosie when you strike something with it. Lastly, they put voices in it so you hear people like Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi-Wan as you "train". The voices are decent, but the sound totally pales to the Master Replicas lightsaber. If you have the $130.00 to shell out for that bad boy, then it's a MUST!

I got to play with one at FAO Schwarz in SF, and I was drooling over it. It's very well balanced, and not cumbersome. It feels really good in your hands and is very easy to grip unlike some of the lightsabers that Hasbro produced. It has a full metal hilt that is polished, and a perminately attached blade, but even the blade is very well done. When you turn it on, the light will actually start from the bottom and go to the top like you see when sabers ignite in the films! The sound effects are digitally recorded and sound as crisp and clear as one can expect! If I had the $$$$ for it, I would have walked out of there with one. Maybe for X-Mas. :)

Until then.........
MTFBWY!

fightoned
10-31-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
I've been having a hard time with my R2... looks like it might have a bad motivator! ;)

Don't dispare. Sometimes you have to hit the head really hard to get any reaction. Or just turn it on and off. "Reset System" is also a really good one like C_Richards said. With all the little hickups it is still an impressive toy.

I for one have not seen the Arena , Republic ship, or Ephant Mon. Bummer.

jedibear
10-31-2002, 11:32 PM
fightoned....

give your area Wal-Marts & Targets a look for those Gunships & Arenas. The ones up here in Sonoma C. have had them for about 2 weeks now & they are actually featured in the circular for WalMart in the paper.

Good luck! They are both GREAT pieces.

Still no new figures up here yet beyond the remenants of the Lott Dodd wave (minus Dodd). Still no sign of the ClonePilots or Ephont around either.....

c_richards
11-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Greetings everyone....

I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween. Did any of you dress up and if so, what did you go as? I went as a Jedi Knight. My Jedi name was Nas-Ric Tenretni. If you are curious as to what it means, or how I came up with is, here's the break down.

NAS - first 3 letters of the Acronym - NASCAR
RIC - first 3 letters of my last name Richards
Tenretni - Internet spelled backwards.

Nascar is one of my favorite sports to watch, even though it can get a bit repetitive, I still find it cool.
Richards.....no brainer...my name
Internet/Tenretni for my job, VP if an IT/Internet/Website Development company.

Anyways, I hopefully will have a chance to go out to the stores this weekend and see if I can find anything new or at least Entertaining. I also might see if I can any left over STAR WARS masks/helmets for really cheap now that Halloween's passed. :)

Until then........
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
11-01-2002, 12:34 PM
Hi! I went to the Castro last nite for Halloween and saw a guy dressed as a Jedi, he had what I think was the Master Replica lightsaber (don't know which one), it looked pretty good, though the blade is a bit thinner than I thought.

This morning I found Sith Training Maul, Watto and Lott Dod at Geary TRU. They also had the Tusken w/Massiff, but I'm not in a hurry to get that one -- it's the exact same mold as the POTJ one, with a Massif instead of a rifle. It looks pretty lame.
They also had tons of Teemtos and Ki-Adis.

The only figures I haven't seen yet at that TRU are Ephant Mon and the Droidekas.

Anyone hear anything about the silver anniversary R2 yet?

c_richards
11-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Slacker-

The main page of SSG had an article on it. I believe they said it will be available after 11/4 and you have to spend over $20 to get it. I could be wrong. If anyone else can either confirm or correct me on this, please do! :)

I'm not in a hurry to get a "Silver" R2. If I get one, great, if I don't, oh well. I'd really love to get my hands on a Jorg Sacul, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. I thought I had one lined up, but the guy decided not to sell, and I am back to square one.

I've looked on ebay, but I'm not sure about spending from $69.99 up to $125.00 for a figure that only cost $10.00 at Celebration II. granted there's only like 30,000 ever made, but still...

I bought that Tusken Raider and Massiff.... it's the same figure from POTJ as you said, but no rifle. I'm not sure if Ephant Mon is out yet, and if he is, it's very limited. I haven't heard or seen anyone with the new Destroyer Droid or the new Yoda (High Jedi Council) '02/53 yet. I assume they are coming sometime this month or next.

Now that Halloween is over, watch the local retailers like Target, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart. If all goes according to "plan" they will dump the Halloween stuff into a clearance area, then start the major X-Mas push. This "should" include a major beef-up of the toy section. Most of the stores have already gotten the shelf space and aisles ready, now the fun begins. Hopefully we all should start seeing figures hitting with a greater frequency. And if TRU and KB actually do send back all the pegwarmers.....we should be so lucky.... they would be a great place to scout new figures as well.

Good luck hunting!!!!!
MTFBWY!

Thunder408
11-02-2002, 02:03 AM
anyone in the san jose almaden area have any info..
ive constant seen watto, lot dod, tusken/massiff, padme, and teemto, but i cant seem to find stores that have them MOMC
usally all the tuskens and lott dods have the bubble caved in... or creases all over
any info/help would be greatly appreciated

Slacker Jedi
11-02-2002, 01:36 PM
I saw AOTC on an IMAX theater last night... and I noticed that in the movie, the "bubble turrets" of the Republic Gunship are manned by regular clonetroopers, the clonetrooper pilots are only on the cockpit... another Hasbro goof-up?? Or do they do it on purpose??

I hope they will make a "Clone Commander" figure, the one that has the yellow stripes on the arms as well (and without the pilot's chest thingy).

Slacker Jedi
11-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey!

If anybody here is interested in the 25th Anniversary silver R2-D2, you can order NOW from toysrus.com for $9.99 each...

fightoned
11-02-2002, 09:03 PM
25th Anniversary silver R2-D2 at TRU in Sunnyvale today. I bought the AT-TE and solar ship (total of 19.98) to get the free R2-D2.

Target in Cupertino today had the ARENA playset. Got it for my kid for Xmas. It looks great.

Otherwise no Gunship or Ephant Mon.

Have a good weekend.

P.S. My son and I went to see the Imax AOTC at San Jose yesterday but the film broke so we didn't ge to see it. We will try next weekend.

Lone Jedi
11-02-2002, 11:22 PM
I had a day off from work today, so I went to the Emeryville TRU. I picked up Ki-Adi-Mundi, Teemto Pagalies, Watto, Lott Dod, and Tusken Raider with Massiff. This was a good trip for me, but the clerk wouldn't let me have a silver R2-D2 since I was a day early :cry:

Lone Jedi
11-04-2002, 02:10 AM
I stopped by the Foster City TRU tonight and presented my receipt from yesterday (see my post immediately above), and the customer service clerk let me have a silver R2-D2. :happy:
I still have not seen Ephant Mon or the Clone Pilot.

c_richards
11-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Greetings all:

The results of my scouting mission from the weekend.

Friday Night-
K-Mart - SL
Walked in to K-Mart and picked up a copy of Spider-Man on dvd. On a run through the toy section, I did find Lott Dod that someone was hiding. Of course, I snagged it. :)

Saturday-
KB Toys - Southland Mall
Good news and bad news. Good news: They had Lott Dod, Tusken Raider, and Watto. Bad News: they were all royally jacked! Either the cards were creased, or the bubbles had some sort of damage.

Sunday-
Wally World (Wal-Mart) - Union City
Wal-Mart had very little in terms of figures. In fact the ONLY thing they had was the Nexu deluxe carded figure, and no other deluxe of basic figures. I did see the Republic Gunship. For the money, it is quite a hefty piece! I didn't get it, but I was certainly drooling over it! :)

This weekend was a bit hectic since our family is helping out a candidate who is trying to get elected to the local school board.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

stormie
11-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Yes, I've been MIA for the past week or so dealing with stuff (life really stinks sometimes), but did manage to squeeze in a couple visits to the stores. Here's a recap:

Friday the 25th, found the Gunship and Pilot Padme and Pilot Jango at the RWC TRU. They only had one Gunship, but about 4 or so of each figure.

Sunday the 27th, found a solitary Darth Maul at the Sunnyvale TRU.

-FF to this weekend-

Saw a bunch of the Lott Dod wave of figures at the Sunnyvale TRU (no, I didn't see any Ephant Mons), but since I'd already gotten them via online, didn't bother purchasing any just to get the silver R2. Later that evening, ordered the silver R2 from Amazon (I weighed my options, and spending $10 for something I didn't have seemed better than spending $20 on stuff I already had ;) ).

Still haven't seen any new deluxe or Clone Pilots. That's it!

Pellaeon
11-04-2002, 12:27 PM
I found Lott Dodd, Tusken Raider, and Watto this morning at Emeryville TRU. I missed the Clean Endor Soldier.

Additionally, I picked up the Silver R2

c_richards
11-04-2002, 04:07 PM
The employees of TRU in Newark need to all be fired... and people with some "form" of intelligent thought need to be hired!

I was in the store looking for new figures and replacement ones for the Watto and Tusken Raider I bought that were crunched! After spending about 20 minutes doing that, and finding what I wanted and needed, I proceeded to go to the check out lanes...

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Being the person that I am, I looked for the shortest line. I found one but had no idea that it was to be the LONGEST line. The woman in front of me had a cart filled with toys, and the cashier proceeded to check her out. He decided to do things the hard way, and rang each individual item, even each individual pack of batteries to which the woman bought 4 "boxes" of the same brand, type, size, etc. one at a time. After that, the total. Over $500.00 and the woman decides to write a check.

Somehow, the entire amount wasn't written on the check, either the cashiers fault, or the lady.... and she ended up paying the difference in cash. The cashier put the entire amount in as a check, and ran it!

After waiting in that line for at least 30 minutes...I decided to switch lines, and at least get rang up. Good call as 10 minutes after I left the line, the transaction STILL wasn't completed!

Now...Off to the customer service to get the free R2. The girl there had no idea what I was talking about and told me that there was a mistake and no such offer existed. After showing her the ad, she called the manager to find out where the figures were. Another 10 minutes...and she returns with an R2....on A JACKED CARD!!!!!

I told her I wanted one on a "mint" card and she gave me the funniest look and questioned why... if they were to open. After I explained it was a collectors item, I got a decent carded figure.

After all was said and done....I had wasted away an hour and 10 minutes an hour of which was my lunch break! Thanks TRU!!!! You really made my day.... grrrrrrrrr!

Thunder408
11-04-2002, 06:40 PM
lol damn
that truely sux
sorry to hear that c_richards
i just hope when i go to tru
they have something new or mint on mint card for me to buy to get my r2... which is hopefully also mint

Thunder408
11-04-2002, 11:40 PM
after searching a few tru for stuff that i need
i gave up and just bought 4 figures to get the r2d2
ill just return them later when i get MOMC ones

each TRU i went to
had all the figures i needed
tusken raider/watto/lot dodd/padme/teemto/jango pilot
altho no signs of clone trooper pilot
but all were in crappy condition

i was at the same TRU yesterday
and the figures werent there... they showed up today but all mangled... are all these cases getting destroyed before they get put out????
driving me nuts

c_richards
11-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Join the club Thunder

It looks like it's only TRU since I found a Lott Dod at my local K Mart and he was in decent shape. I wish that same could have been said for the Watto and Tusken. However, the Tusken was may fault. I had my hands too full, and when I went to look at something, the Tusken fell, and the card bent. I still bought it thinking I can open it up and display it somewhere. :)

The Watto looked like someone punched the bubble in.

Anyways, I was able to find a MOMC Watto and Tusken at my TRU even with the setbacks. The problem was the amount of searching I had to do and the numerous smashed, mangled and in one instance basically destroyed bubble or card!!! Not my idea of fun!

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

fightoned
11-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Finally found the Gunship at Winchester TRU today and picked up another sliver R2 for my kid. Actually both are for Xmas. There were about 20 on the top of the display shelves. None were accessible with out a ladder. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Ed

c_richards
11-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by fightoned
There were about 20 on the top of the display shelves. None were accessible with out a ladder. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Ed

Fightoned-
They put the R2 on the top shelf? Really smart there. I wonder what their reason was for that. At least you got 2 for your kids! That's always a plus! :) BTW - is the gunship for you or the kids, and do you plan on opening it?

I'm just curious as to how it looks and if I should shell out the $40.00 for one.

THX in advance for the info!

Until then........
MTFBWY!

IG-89
11-06-2002, 12:46 PM
The Gunship is one of THE best Vehicle/playsets of the Modern Line of Star Wars toys. It's big, gots lots of features and fits a whole mess of clonies. To me, well worth the $40. San Rafael TRU had lots of these and all in mint boxes (i've seen alot of jacked up one's previously.)

No Ephant Mon yet...or deluxe Clone and Geonosian warrior.

Slacker Jedi
11-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Hi,
I found a clean-shaven Endor Soldier today at TRU. They also had the Republic Gunships (first time I see 'em) -- I didn't buy it just yet, though I probly will eventually. First I'd like to get me more Clone Pilots...
If you think about it, the Gunship + 4 clone pilots = $60. Ouch!
It would have been nice if they'd included a figure with the Gunship...

Oh yeah, I forgot, they also had over a dozen Mauls, which I'd already gotten last week.

Thunder408
11-06-2002, 07:00 PM
went to my local walmart today
and the shelves were empty
does that mean tomorrow the shelves will be full with new stuff?
or does it mean it has been empty quite awhile
and cold be filled up with new stuff anyday
either way... i need to check tomorrow morning =P
unless mola ram knows?

fightoned
11-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by c_richards

Fightoned-
They put the R2 on the top shelf? Really smart there. I wonder what their reason was for that. At least you got 2 for your kids! That's always a plus! :) BTW - is the gunship for you or the kids, and do you plan on opening it?

I'm just curious as to how it looks and if I should shell out the $40.00 for one.

THX in advance for the info!

Until then........
MTFBWY!

Sorry I should have been clearer. Just the gunship was stacked on top not the R2s. The R2s were at customer service. And I only got my second one on that trip. I got my first R2 on Saturday. Still I did shell out $40 they should give me two for that price.

Anyway I won't be opening up the gun ship until my son opens it for Xmas. The box description looks great!

fightoned
11-06-2002, 08:22 PM
Walmart and Target MT Views had nothing new.

Sunnyvale/SC Kmart had the flying deluxe genosian!

Grayhank
11-07-2002, 01:01 AM
You guys want to see an example of scalpers in action? Do a search on EBay for the Silver R2. Over 211. One person was selling at least 40 of them at 38.99 each and another person had an entire case up for auction for over $600.

Little do these scalpers realize that Hasbro is going to flood the market with them. They have already said that anyone who wants one will get one.

I have a feeling that the little silver guy is going to be the most common figure of the entire line.

c_richards
11-07-2002, 10:12 AM
GrayHank....
I can do you one better.

I did a search on Ephant Mon a couple of days ago....I found one auction that had a bidnow feature on it, and the price was set at $65.99 :)

What type of fool thinks he is seriously going to get $65.99 for an Ephant Mon when all of us can hopefully get one in a short time frame! :)

It never ceases to amaze me what pirates are willing to do to make a quick buck or two!

Since we are now getting into the Holiday Season, and more product will be coming out on the sales floor, I just want to wish you all a safe figure/toy hunting season. As you well know, you will encounter a lot more pirates, and also....a lot more crooks!!! Also, with the advent of the rainy season finally here.... be careful on the roads. I want you all to be successful and safe in your excusions out to pick up the latest and greatest from the STAR WARS and other various lines that you collect!

Good luck, stay safe and until the next time.......
MTFBWY!

mola ram
11-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Fightoned - I actually did get two R2s for one $40 purchase. I bought the x-wing and they allowed me to get two R2s at the blossom hill toysrus. The guy in front of me did the same thing. I don't know if it will still work but it is worth a try. The R2s weren't at the customer service rather on the pegs with the other figures. This was on Sunday so I don't know if anything has changed.

Anyway, I haven't been going to any stores. I just want the Ephant Mon and the rest of the year is over. If I see him I'll let you all know.

Slacker Jedi
11-07-2002, 01:29 PM
You mean there won't be any new figures for the rest of the year after Ephant Mon?
Not even the trash compactor ones?

c_richards
11-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
You mean there won't be any new figures for the rest of the year after Ephant Mon?
Not even the trash compactor ones?

From what I have read, the rest of the figures for the year are

#33 Endor Solider (Clean Shaven)
#45 Ephant Mon
#48 Destroyer Droid (Arena Battle)
#53 Yoda (Jedi High Council)

That's just Basic Figures. There should still be the deluxes like Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike, Flying Geonosian, and Force Flip Ani.

The Trash Compactor Scenes as well as the Holiday Card set (R2 w/ Antlers, and 3PO as Santa) and a few other exclusives all should be out before year's end too. I believe all the ones I mentioned above are Wally World exclusives! :) I could be wrong. If anyone else here can either verify I am right, or please assist me in what comes out where and when...that would be cool

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

mola ram
11-08-2002, 02:09 PM
Slacker - I didn't mean to confuse you, I meant that I was only interested in the Ephant Mon. The figures mentioned by crichards are not on my "to get" list. Well, except maybe the christmas r2 and 3PO but those won't be in stores from what I gather.

Slacker Jedi
11-08-2002, 05:41 PM
So where are they going to sell the X'mas set??

c_richards
11-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Slacker....
I would try the Fan Club. It seems if no stores sells and item, usually the fan club will get it! :)

Hope the info helps! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
11-10-2002, 02:20 PM
I hooked up with a girl who's also into SW and we went shopping in the East Bay yesterday -- it was cool, I'd never been to the WMs and Targets in the East Bay.

I found two of the Cantina figures, got a couple of the new Deluxe Flying Geonosians; she got the electronic "Ask Yoda". We also saw the new electronic lightsabers that are generic -- with green and orange blades.

stormie
11-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Still in search of the Clone Pilots and new deluxe, of which I saw none this weekend. However, I did see quite a few Gunships at the RWC TRU. The Arena has been popping up a lot lately too.

For all you openers, too bad about the 25th Anni. R2's legs, huh. The chrome-domed one's legs are backwards, making him stand only on the back two legs, with his middle leg clearly off the ground. Hasbro, can you say QA/QC? :D

c_richards
11-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Greetings fellow STAR WARS enthusiasts, fans, and in my case, fanatics!

We are less than 24 hours from the DVD release of Episode II, and I was wondering how many people are going to try to take advantage of TRU's deal of getting AOTC for $9.99!!!!!

I would have, but have pre-booked it through Suncoast, but I plan to pick a copy of it up for my business partner, and grab a flyer. Then when I go to pick up my copy, maybe I can see if Suncoast will at least price match.... :)

As for my weekend scouting mission....I returned semi-victorious. I picked up Clone Wars for the Game Cube. I can't begin to describe how cool this game is. As with all STAR WARS games, it does take a few liberties, but it is generally a very well done game!

No new figures...Wal-Mart had nothing entertaining just a bunch of pegwarmers. KB at Southland Mall had nothing entertaining, and no TRU run over the weekend since I will be hitting them tomorrow! :)

The biggest thing for me has to deal with a NON-STAR WARS related item that I managed to get over the weekend. That is a addition of a notebook pc to my ever-growing "geekdom". Of course, I will have to install JK II, Galactic Battlegrounds, and a few other SW games on it to have fun! :)

MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
11-11-2002, 06:55 PM
Yesterday I got the AOTC comforter... best non-toy AOTC collectible EVER!!! It looks sweet in my bed... :)

Pellaeon
11-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Checking in. No new figures on my end. Picked up the DVD, me and the wife and kids will watch tonight ASAP!

Also, wanted to acknowledge a couple of fellow collectors I met briefly at San Leandro WalMart on saturday night. If you guys are out there reading, nice to meet you, I was the guy who came later. One of you said you found the Ephant Mon at StonesTown Kaybee. Nice find, and nice to know its out there somewhere!

c_richards
11-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Greetings fellow collectors and fans! :)

First off, yes, I got the DVD. no, I didn't get it at TRU, I had pre-booked mine, and just got back from picking it up at Suncoast. I did manage to get a copy of the film for my business partner at TRU in Newark. They had one "crate" left which held approximately 30 copies, and they were selling fast. No Widescreen copies left, only full screen. Apparently Widescreen sold out at 7:30am!!!!!!!!!!!

In figure news. Nothing. TRU had the same pegwarmers as everywhere else, and Target had nothing entertaining. Same old...same old! :)

I along with Pelleaon and countless others will be watching Episode II tonight! :)

Until then.........
MTFBWY!!!!!

Lone Jedi
11-13-2002, 12:22 AM
D'oh! I guess I should have known better than to wait until 7 pm to go to TRU (school/work blows). Emeryville had multiple signs saying they were sold out of the DVD. Of course, they had plenty of VHS copies. I'll cross my fingers and try Wal*Mart this week.

c_richards
11-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Greetings everyone.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but...better late than never. :)

I took a trip to Toys R Us Newark yesterday afternoon. As normal, no signs of any new action figures. They still had quite a few X-Wings, and Luke/Tauntaun sets, as well as pleanty of pegwarmers.

All DVD copies of Episode II had been sold out, and the only way ou could get it, at least at this TRU was on VHS. I'm not sure if they are still honoring the $9.99 deal.

I didn't have a chance to check out Target or KB @ Newpark Mall.

Until the next time.... Take care and.....
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slacker Jedi
11-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Hi guys! :D

The last few days have been awfully slow... the only thing I've noticed is that TRU is now selling the Reek for $9.98, half the original price, so I finally picked one up just to have all 3 monsters when I get the Geonosis Arena.

Still no sign of Ephant Mon or *new* Droidekas & Yoda at Geary TRU, and I've been checking almost every day.

Lone Jedi
11-17-2002, 06:44 PM
I got my AOTC DVD for $9.99 this week by taking the TRU ad to Circuit City for a price match. I haven't checked stores for figures lately, are the Clone Pilot and new Endor Soldier getting easier to find?

Thunder408
11-17-2002, 06:55 PM
seen tons of jango pilots and padme's at blossom hill TRU and capitol TRU

otherwise nothing new

c_richards
11-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Greetings everyone.

I hope you all had a good and fairly productive weekend of hunting. Things here were fairly.... dry!

Saturday-

KB Toys - Southland Mall.
No signs of Ephant Mon, Clean Shaven Endor Trooper, Yoda, or Droideka. Pleanty of Zams, Mace, and older figures.

KB Toys - BayFair Mall.
See above.

Target - BayFair Mall.
Pleanty of Accessory Sets, and one Force Flip Ani. No new figures. I did see "Temporary Price Cut" signage stating the figures are being sold at $2.99. Not a bad price, but sadly, nothing there that I needed for my collections.

Sunday-

Toys R Us - Hayward.
No signs of new figures. Pleanty of older pegwarmers.

Aside from my trips looking for figures, I did manage to learn how to play the game "HeroClix", as well as go see Harry Potter 2. Not a bad film. It's 2 hours and 42 minutes long, but it was a decent story, and all Special Effects were handled by ILM!!!! :)

Until the next time........
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
11-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Nothing new at the Geary TRU... tons of Mauls, old Yoda, Padmes & Anakins, but no signs of Ephant Mon, droidekas or new Yodas.

I have seen clean-shaven Endor soldiers, though -- you just gotta catch them while you can. :)

Pellaeon
11-18-2002, 01:58 PM
I've seen a total of 1 clean shaven endor soldier. Got to look at the soldier, as the card is the same as the bearded soldier. I purchased the 1 I saw from K-Mart ~ last thursday.

c_richards
11-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Greetings-

Though I would let you know that I took a trip over to the old Target in SL last night. Aside from it being very empty at about 7:00 - 7:30pm last night, there really wasn't anything too exciting.

No new figures. They did have a few accessory sets, as well as the Gunship, and Geonosian playset. Both were priced at $39.99 each.

They did have a few 12" Zams, Dookus and SBDs. Finally they also had a few of the new interactive Lightsaber (Polished Chrome hilt).

Needless to say, no new STAR WARS items for me.

Sorry for the disappointing post.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

IG-89
11-19-2002, 01:10 PM
hey c_richards, which accessory sets do you keep seeing in the East Bay? I'm still looking for the Deathstar trooper one...cannot believe i haven't found him eventhough he's been out for 5 months. ????

c_richards
11-19-2002, 01:14 PM
IG-89 -

Generally I see the Battle Droid, Hoth Rebel Trooper, and the Biker Scout sets here. Every so often I will see a Death Star Trooper, but the card is generally pretty jacked up!!!!!!

Last night I saw the Battle Droid and Rebel Trooper. I'll keep checking for the DS Trooper.

MTFBWY!!!!!!

c_richards
11-20-2002, 03:49 PM
"Hello all you happy people" - Droopy

I thought I would report back on my latest scouting mission to Newpark Mall, and TRU.

TRU - Newark

Nothing terribly exciting here. Same old figures, with a few Tat. Ani's, Mauls, and Pilot Padme's. They did have wave 2 of the Galoob vehicles (Solar Sailer, AT-TE, and N-1 Naboo Starfighter).
They still had pleanty of Luke/Tauntaun, and X-Wings in stock!
Also a few of the Arenas and Gunships left. Both priced at $39.99

Target - Newpark Mall

No new figures. A few of the old 12" figures like Ani, Obi-Wan, and Clonetroopers. Nothing too exciting or entertaining!

KB Toys - Newpark Mall

No new figures. Pleanty of Bearded Endor Soldiers, Han's Chewies, Djas, Palpatines, etc. Quite a few Jedi Starfighters/Obi-Wan packs, and a few of the 12" Yellow and Red Clonetrooper dolls, but the boxes look really beat up!

No signs of Ephant Mon, Yoda, Droidekas or Clean Shaven Endor Soldier. I've also heard that there is a new version of the Battle Droid out now. Same card as the BD that appeared when the figures first hit, the main difference is that the droid is red versus the original cream/off white color.

For all those that are into playing STAR WARS video games on home systems. I did check Software Etc. to see if Bounty Hunter was in, it's released tomorrow. Interesting find, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast has now been released for the Game Cube and is coming out soon for the PS2. Both Software Etc. and Target had the game for $49.99.

Hope the info helps. Take care everyone, and good luck in your journeys.

MTFBWY!!!!!!

fightoned
11-20-2002, 11:41 PM
c_richards,

We have Star Wars Clone Wars for Gamecube and that game kicks butt also!

I haven't seen anything new out there either. Although I did see a clean shaven rebel at TRU on Winchester last Thursday but I didn't buy it because I was on lunch and the lines were crazy!

Later,
Ed

c_richards
11-21-2002, 10:37 AM
Fightoned-

You're right. Clone wars is incredible!

Just to kill curiousity, I have a PS2, Game Cube, N64, and my custom built PC as well as my new baby, my laptop. All of them have STAR WARS games or sfotware loaded on them! :)

I even found that I have an old copy of Empire Strikes Back for the Atari 2600 that's still Mint In Box!

The Star Wars games have come a long way since the wire frames of the original STAR WARS arcade game made by Atari way back when, and the pixelated images of what was then supposed to be a AT-AT or the Falcon, etc.

There have of course been set backs (super bombad racing), but the games have generally been better than the previous offerings. I think the first game that totally blew me away was the original Rogue Squadron. Now I am amazed by the intensity of Rogue Leader, Jedi Starfighter, and Clone Wars.

If Bounty Hunter lives up to the hype, then we are in for a real treat! I've seen the cut scenes for the start, and all I can say is OMG! Granted the game looks a bit stiffer and "fake" unlike the CGI effects in AOTC, but let's face it, to have a game with that level of photoistic realism would take a machine with immense horsepower! All that aside, seeing Jango (and yesm it is Temura Morrison supplying the voice), Dooku and all the other things I have seen....all I can say is HOLY COW is that going to totally kick butt!

I plan to get it today! :)

----------------------------------------------------
Quick Adendum (11-21-02)
----------------------------------------------------

I was checking out the KBtoys.com site and notice they now have Ephant Mon on the site ready to ship. He's listed at $4.99, and I was about ready to order 2.... when it came time to calculate shipping, I stopped the transaction. Shipping for 2 figures is almost as much as another figure. I believe for standard shipping it was $4.35, and higher if you wanted it overnighted or express shipped! I'm sorry, but that's crazy. I'll wait til I can get one from the stores versus online. Yes, I want to get him.... but I hate feeling I've been gouged, when if I wait, I can get one...and save money on shipping!

MTFBWY!

fightoned
11-21-2002, 10:55 PM
My favorite all time game is Reble leader. The controls are so easy to use and begin able to control "helpers" (as in clone wars). I have my Atari Star Wars games also and my son and I play them when we go visit my parents house.

NOthing new at TRU Winchester today.

c_richards
11-22-2002, 10:33 AM
Greetings all.

First off, let me get the sightings, or rather lack of out of the way. :) I hit Newpark Mall again yesterday to pick up Bounty Hunter for the PS2.

Target - Newpark Mall

Same as Wednesday's run. I did notice they had both the Gunship and Arena in stock both at $39.99. No new figures. No accessory packs either.

KB - Newpark Mall

Again, same as Wednesday's run. No new figures. They did have a lot of the bearded Endor Soldier. Nothing too exciting!

No run to TRU.... no time!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAR WARS: Bounty Hunter

I picked up a copy of the game at Software Etc. in the mall. Normal price of $49.99. (PS2 version available only...Game Cube will be out 12/5)

I couldn't wait to get home and play it! As soon as I got home, I popped in the game, and let the fun begin. All I can say is OMG! The graphics are beautiful, the game controls, while complex, it is soon apparent what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, and how you need to do it!

You have your standard blaster pistols and along the way can pick up other weapons. I managed to snag a carbine blaster rifle, and a few more Kamino saberdarts. You also have your whipcord, a laser cutter, your jetpack, and you can "scan" people and find out of they have a bounty on them.

I've only played one level, but it's not a level that you finish in five minutes and then go on. The levels are very expansive, and also exceptionally well done! All cinematic elements were created by ILM, and all sound mixing, re-recording, etc, was done by Skywalker Sound. This game is incredible.

Anyone looking for a great game... pick it up!

fightoned
11-22-2002, 11:12 PM
AS of 11AM Fri, Target Mt View had all of the accessory sets and several of each for anyone who hasn't picked them up yet. They also had the mini-vehicles (5 or 6 different ones).

Also I forgot to mention my son and I went to Disneyland last Sunday and they had all 6 of the new Startour figures. No sign of the third wave. I had ordered the first wave but passed on this second wave except for the R4. Make more astromech droids hasbro!

Thanks C-richards for the updates. I can't wait for the bounty hunter to come out on gamecube. (We have PS2 but we like Gamecubes controller better so we are going to wait two more weeks.)

Later,
Ed

c_richards
11-25-2002, 10:25 AM
Greetings all.

This weekend was spent pretty much playing video games (namely Bounty Hunter) and learning to play Marvel HeroClix.

Saturday-
KB Toys - Southland Mall - Hayward.
Pleanty of older figures there. Several Endor soldiers w/ beards. No signs of anything new or entertaining!

Short report this week as we are getting ready for Thursday's activites here. Not much time to sneak away and go hunting!

I can't say if this week (at least up until Wednesday) will fair any better! If I go hunting, I'll let you all know what I found, where I went, etc. ASAP!

Until the next time.
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c_richards
11-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Greetings all.

While this may not qualify as a sighting or anything note-worthy to a lot of you, I felt I should at least let you know. :)

I picked up the new issue of Toy Fare (January, 2003) and as I was leafing through it, I noticed the STAR TOURS figures are listed. Right now, only 3 are listed:

G2-4T
R3-D3
RX-24

All are priced at $30.00 MIP, and listed at $8.00 for those that have them Mint/Loose. Also, each figure has a small note under the figure name stating the following, "(E: DisneyWorld)" Which is supposed to mean Exclusive: DisneyWorld.

Again, not a real sighting, but I thought some of you that wanted to know if any magazine is listing them , and how much, might get a kick out of it.

Finally, before I end for today. If I don't respond before tomorrow evening, I wish you all and your families a very safe, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Until then...........
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slacker Jedi
11-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Hi!
I haven't been posting because I haven't seen anything new in a longo time! :)

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Day!!! :D

Let's hope we have find some good stuff in the day after Thanksgiving sales!!

fightoned
11-27-2002, 06:19 PM
Mt View Walmart - nothing new, maybe a half dozen 3 3/4" figures are left. Looks like Hasbro hit that store and took all the peg warmers and now there is nothing left. Kind of stupid if you as me right before the biggest shopping day of the year.

Target Mt View and at Westgate - Nothing new at either.

Nothing at the KB at 280/Stevens Creek or at the KB Westage.

Where is Ephant Mon??
WHere is the holiday card 3PO and R2?

Have a grat Thanksgiving everyone!

Ed

Thunder408
11-28-2002, 01:26 AM
my walmart has been empty for weeks...
3 or 4 on all the empty shelves... i always see the same opened up plo kloon....

i'm hoping this friday those empty pegs fill up

Grayhank
11-28-2002, 12:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Ephant Mon has finally been found at Wal-Mart up here in the north bay.

Target had the cleanshaven Endor Soldier. Nothing much else there.

Been busy working at KBs at Montgomery Village and the only thing we will have on sale tomorrow is the KB Exclusive Obi-Wan Starfighter for $19.99. The store still has the red and yellow 12" clone troopers but they look a little beat up. Spent last night restocking the shelves and no new figures are in the store. We did get in one box of LOTR:Two Towers deluxe figures: Gandalf w/Shadowfax, Aragorn w/his horse, and Black rider w/horse.

Slacker Jedi
11-29-2002, 02:26 PM
I stopped by Geary TRU this morning... sadly, no figures I needed, no army builders, nothing... :(
So much for the @2.99 sale price...

jedibear
12-02-2002, 12:19 AM
The holiday set appeared at both RP & Windsor WM this morning...

Pellaeon
12-02-2002, 10:05 AM
The holiday set also showed up on Saturday night at Union City WalMart. C_richards, I picked you up one.

c_richards
12-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Greetings everyone.

I hope you all had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

As for shopping for me? Here's the rundown!

Wednesday night
Target - SL (old)
No new STAR WARS figures. Picked up MIB II on DVD (had to return in Friday since I got 2 copies of the special features and no movie!)

Thursday (Thanksgiving)
K-Mart - SL
It seems really sad that some stores decided to open on a day that is meant for family. But, it did give me an opportunity to see if by some chance anything was out. No new figures in terms of STAR WARS, but I did manage to pick up Sideways (Transformers Armada).

Friday
Target - SL (old)
Returned MIB II and got a new copy. No new figures.

Target - SL/Bayfair
No new figures. A few Padme pilots, but nothing else.

KB Toys - Bayfair
Nothing new. Newest wave was the pilot line, no signs of Ephant Mon, Endor Soldier, Yoda, or Droideka.

Saturday
Wal-Mart - SL
No new figures. Very few figures left. Saw the new vinyl 12" Ani figurine, but wasn't thrilled at the sculpt.

Sunday
KB Toys - SL (Greenhouse Marketplace)
No new STAR WARS figures. Nothing entertaining at all.

Sorry, but this weekend was a bust for me!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

I made my way over to Newpark.
TRU - Newark
No new figures, no signs of the $2.99 sale either. Pleanty of Tat. Attack Ani, Padme, Jango Pilots, and a few Teemtos and Maul Sith Training. Still pleanty of X-Wings, and 12" Luke/Tauntaun.

Target - Newpark Mall
No new figures. The hasbro rep was there putting out the little squeeze my hand Yoda, but no figures.

KB - Newpark
Pleanty of the "Pilot Wave" minus the Clonetrooper, as well as tons of other pegwarmers. They did have the 12" dolls on sale for $19.99, but nothing interesting unless you are looking for a Clonetrooper Commander (Yellow Striping), there was 1 left!!!!

MTFBWY!

fightoned
12-02-2002, 11:19 PM
As of today Walmart in Mt View didn't have the holiday 3po and r2.

TRU Winchester had all the new figures except the E Mon.

Later

Thunder408
12-03-2002, 12:36 AM
i just went to TRU winchester
and as of 10:30pm they only had jango pilot and padme

fightoned did u go in the morning???

Grayhank
12-03-2002, 12:54 AM
Today at KB's we got in a Value 4-Pack of Saga Figures. These are single carded figures bundled together on a large card w/Star Wars Logo in groups of 4. The sets are priced at $9.99.

There appears to be 4 different combinations of figures. Figures include: Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Shaak Ti, Female Tusken, Padme/Arena, Han Solo, Djas Puhr, Zam Wessel, Mace, Endor Rebel Soldier (bearded).

I picked up two of the sets just for the novelty of having them on a large card. One set has Han Solo, Super Battle Droid, Padme and Djas Puhr. The other has the Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Shaak Ti and Female Tusken Raider. I can't remember the breakdown of the other two sets.

fightoned
12-03-2002, 11:14 PM
i just went to TRU winchester
and as of 10:30pm they only had jango pilot and padme

fightoned did u go in the morning???

Hey Thunder408,
I went around 5PM and I did see all kinds from palpatine on. I didn't see the clean shaven rebel , tuskin with Massiff, nor E Mon. Well all the ones everyone is looking for. Sorry if I wansn't more detailed.

Later,
Ed

Thunder408
12-04-2002, 01:55 AM
haha no worries
did you see teemto? or the clone pilot?
im especially looking for those 2

and MOMC watto tusken and lott dodd

Pellaeon
12-04-2002, 11:09 AM
For those interested, San Leandro WalMart put out 1 case (2 of each figure) of the 12" Zuckuss/Dengar/Imp. Officer last night. I went this morning and they still had one set left.

c_richards
12-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Greetings everyone.

I figured I'd let you know the results of my Scounting Mission today during my lunch break.

Toys R US - Newark
No figures I needed. There were signs of the E. Mon wave there such as Teemtos, Luminara, Royal Gaurds, Taun We's and others, but no signs of the Endor Soldier or E. Mon

Target - Newpark Mall
No signs of any new figures. No even the pilot wave.

KB Toys - Newpark Mall
I found 1 Clean Shaven soldier. I asked an employee (I think the manager, or at least the manager on duty) if they had E. Mon, Clean Soldier, Yoda (Jedi Council), or Destroyer Droids. She told me she had a case in the back but thought it was all old figures. She went back to get it, and came out with it, opened it in front of me, and looked through. At first, it appeared to be a bust, but when she looked at the figures she took out to leaf through the rest of the contents there he was. The only one in the case. Pellaeon, if they had 2, I would have snagged them both for you and I to help repay you for the holiday edition you got for me!

I don't recall the case assortment, but all I can tell you is try asking. So far it has been fairly profitable for me, first I pulled a Scavenger (Transformers Armada figure) from the new Target in Bayfair Mall, and now my Clean Endor soldier.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!

fightoned
12-04-2002, 11:52 PM
haha no worries
did you see teemto? or the clone pilot?
im especially looking for those 2

and MOMC watto tusken and lott dodd

Yeah I did see teemto and watto and lott dodd. Looking at crichards post it looks like E Mon is out there just very hard to find. Bummer.

Later,

Ed

c_richards
12-05-2002, 10:20 AM
Fightoned-

I would say that is a fair assumption.
I have a feeling that E. Mon will be tough to find due to 2 things.
1.) Holiday Season
2.) Dockworkers Strike

Even though the strike has ended, and things are again "flowing", the end result seems to be items being delayed, or having to be trucked in ffrom other areas.

End result is, many items may not be in stores. I heard a news report recently, and at the end, the reporter said that this holiday season, if you see something you want, you better get it. If you decide to wait thinking you might get a better price, you could be out of luck! Besides, now a days with Target, TRU, K-Mart, and Wal-Mart all price matching... there is no real reason to wait! :) I don't know if they still do this, but when I worked for Target, they had a practice where if you bought an item and in went on sale within 90 days, you could go in with your reciept, and get the $$$ back. But... I digress. :)

I plan to hit K-Mart in Newark later on this morning. If there is anything there, I'll be sure to let you all know! :)

Until then.......
MTFBWY!

Grayhank
12-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Today at KBs Montgomery Village we got in 3 cases of Collection 1, Wave 9: Destroyer Droid and Yoda/Jedi Council. They are both 2 per case. Unfortunately all of the Yodas were crushed. This case also has 3 Clone Trooper/Gunship Pilots and Jango/Slave 1 Pilot. I forget what else was in the case but nothing of interest.

Also, RP Walmart had a good supply of the 12" Bounty Hunters.

Thank you JediBear for picking up the C-3P0/R2-D2 Christmas Set for me!!!

jedibear
12-09-2002, 12:46 AM
My pleasure, Grayhank. Thanks to you, my saga 2002 basic figure collection is complete with the addition of the Yoda (Jedi Council) & the Destroyer Droid.

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

JarJarSTINKS
12-09-2002, 08:43 AM
I located the destroyer droid in Milpitas @the KB in the great mall, only one left. All I need is yoda now...

c_richards
12-09-2002, 10:42 AM
Greetings all.

First off, I would like to send a very big thank you to Pellaeon for his help in getting me the SW Holiday Edition set. Since he and I had the chance to meet, we have worked together to help each other complete our collections, and most of the time, he seems to find the good stuff before I do! :) Again, many thanks to you, Pellaeon!

Now, on to the news.

Friday - no shopping for me, I had to be at a dinner as the "computer geek" for a local organization I belong to.

Saturday
No new figures, but I did score a major "freebie"! I was out shopping at a little stip mall in San Leandro, called Pelton Center. while there, I stopped in a book store and happened to start drooling over a few standees on display. Sadly, they are not for sale, otherwise, I would have walked out with one. The cool part came while I was about ready to leave. The owner of the shop knows me, and knows how big of a STAR WARS fan I am and gave me a small Yoda cardboard cutout that was once part of a larger display item. I now proudly display this piece on the front of my bedroom door.

Sunday
Target - Hayward (Other side of 880...."behind" Wal-Mart UC)
No new figures. Newest wave appeared to be the "pilot" one.

TRU - Hayward.
I picked up another Clonetrooper Pilot, and met with Pellaeon to get my Holiday Edition set.

Hopefully, today I'll get a chance to get out to TRU near the office.
I'll report in with any findings.

Until then......
MTFBWY!

fightoned
12-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Well with all these sightings at KBs I went to KB in cupertino's valco and the KB at 280/stevens creek to no avail. There were nothing but a bunch of mauls and pilot padmes.

I also went to TRU on Winchester and there was nothing new there either.

Side note my son and I went to see AOTC at the Imax in SJ. There was just too much going on the about a third of the movie was a blur. You can tell the movie wasn't made for Imax aspect ratio. Still the battle at the end was fantastic. There was so much going on in the background.

Later,
Ed

Pellaeon
12-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Anyone know what wave Ephant Mon comes in?

c_richards
12-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
Anyone know what wave Ephant Mon comes in?

Pellaeon-

E. Mon is in wave 9. Case # 84861 001 N. There are supposed to be 2 E. Mon in that case along with 2 Watto, 2 Lott Dodd, 2 Tusken Raider with Mastiff, 1 Teemto, 1 Kai Adi Mundi, 1 Mastiff with Genosian Warrior, 1 Classic Endor Rebel Soldier.

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
12-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Then the two cases in the back at TRU of Wave 8 I saw do not contain Ephant Mon.

Slacker Jedi
12-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Hi guys!

I've been so busy lately I practically haven't had a chance to check these BBs! :(

The only think I've found recently were the unleashed Tyranus & Mace Windu...

Other than that, nothing worthwhile here in SF... :(

c_richards
12-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Greetings all.

Sorry I haven't said too much the last 2 days. I just found out that I have a nice inner ear infection, so that's kinda put me on the "DL" for the time.

If I get a chance, I'll try to make it out to a store today. As usual, I will report back my findings.

Until then.............
MTFBWY!

Slacker Jedi
12-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Hi!
c_richards, sorry to hear that! :( Hope you'll get well soon!

I just saw the 12" Zuckuss, Dengar and Imperial Officer at Geary TRU this morning... Boy, I'm glad I don't collect 12-inch, I saved $60 today... :)

JarJarSTINKS
12-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Just got one of those KB 4 fig exclusives at Valley Fair--nice figs and package. Good for those into unique items. Plus only 10 bucks for four figs...Good luck finding a mint one, I only found one with the hanger thing intact on the cardboard.

fightoned
12-13-2002, 02:43 PM
TRU winchester had about a dozen clone trooper pilots and I finally have a Destroyer Droid. There were 4 DD left over. I even saw the Jedi Council Yoda but I passed on it because it is exactly the same as the E1 Yoda. Anyway there were a lot of new figures hanging except the E Mon. Ugh! I don't think I will ever see that!
Later

Thunder408
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
thanks fightoned for the update
i got a momc clone trooper... theres 3-4 of them left, none momc tho

Thunder408
12-16-2002, 04:38 AM
Blossom Hill TRU
as of sunday nite 10:00pm
tons of destoryer droids, clone pilot trooper
they had a ton of figures on the overstock (in another section), but i was too lazy to go thro them all, tho i could see more droids and trooper... hopefully there was nothing there that i needed

c_richards
12-16-2002, 02:05 PM
Greetings all. I hope you are all weathering the storms and keeping dry!

I did manage to hit the Wal-Mart in SL on Saturday before we were nailed, and didn't find anything. I did see the new 12" Imperial Officer, and I think it looks a lot like the 12" Imperial that was released a while back minus the lampshade helmet.

I also hit K-Mart in SL yesterday, but they too had nothing. I believe the latest figures they had were like Orn Free Taa, and Djas Puhr. No signs of E. Mon, Yoda, or the Droideka.

It was too nasty outside over the weekend to venture out. It was a perfect weekend to sit at home, and watch Episode II again with full surround sound going! :)

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

Thunder408
12-16-2002, 07:19 PM
TRU on capital had 1 yoda 1 droid 1 clone trooper
how has walmart been to everyone?
i havent gone to my walmart in a long time because of the empty pegs that have been there for over a month... i should check back to see if those pegs have been filled
still looking for lott dodd, tusken, watto, and teemto all momc

Pellaeon
12-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Well folks, I took friday and monday off of work, and really made the rounds.

Good news-I found MANY signs of the Ephant Mon wave.

Bad news-EPHANT MON was all bought up! I am getting REALLY frustrated with all of this! They need to make a case with JUST HIM!

I also found the Yoda/Destroyer Droid wave. The Destroyer droid is pretty cool.

c_richards
12-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Nice find Pellaeon.

Just a quick question for ya. Is the Yoda a re-hash of the Episode I version? From the shots I have seen, it looks like the only thing they have done to him is make his arms more like G.I. Joes.

There's an idea.... Yoda with Kung-Fu Battle Grip!

Glad to hear that the search for you is dwindling down!

Take care.

MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
12-18-2002, 11:33 AM
I didn't take a good look at the Yoda, but he does look the same. The chair is also the same. The only unique thing is his lightsaber. All in all, not very interesting.

c_richards
12-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Grettings all.

I headed over to TRU - Newark, as well as KB and Target in Newpark Mall. TRU had no new figures. Pleanty of signs of certain waves, but no Yodas, E. Mon's or Droidekas. On the TF Front (Mola Ram) they had 2 new figures, Blurr and Prime (Cab). Both priced $10.99

Target had no figures newer than the Vader/Mace Wave. I have a feeling that Target isn't getting a lot of stuff lately...

KB, signs of the E. Mon wave, but none of him.

Anyone still looking for Teemto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Maul (Stih Training), Ani (Tat. Attack), Padme (Coruscant Attack), Jango, etc. Now is the time to hit.

BTW - If anyone has the STAR WARS Hallmark Ornaments, do yourself a favor and pick up #122 of Lee's Action Figure Review. Not only do they list, and show pictures of every Hallmark SW Ornament made since 1996, but they also price them. Yoda is the most expensive of the group coming in at $40, while Jar Jar is the "cheapest" coming in at an embarrassing $8!!!!! Considering Jar Jar was $14.95 originally, it sounds like Hallmark should have paid us to get one!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY & have a happy and safe holiday season!

Lone Jedi
12-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey c_richards (or anyone else into Transformers), do you collect the U.S. PVC figurines? I'm trying to find them for a friend before Christmas with little luck in finding them all.

As for SW, I'm still looking for the Clone Pilot, shaven Soldier, and of course Ephant Mon. I also need to call FAO about the shuttle before they go bankrupt.

c_richards
12-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Lone Jedi
Hey c_richards (or anyone else into Transformers), do you collect the U.S. PVC figurines? I'm trying to find them for a friend before Christmas with little luck in finding them all.

As for SW, I'm still looking for the Clone Pilot, shaven Soldier, and of course Ephant Mon. I also need to call FAO about the shuttle before they go bankrupt.

Lone Jedi-
Clone Pilots and Shaven soldiers also seem to be in short supply. As for the Transformers question, I'll PM you to save others here from getting too retro-geeky and stuff! :)

Nothing new on this sector of the galaxy!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!

jedibear
12-20-2002, 02:00 AM
Pelleon....

Hit up your area KB's...the SR Plaza one had Ephant Mon TODAY.
good luck....

Pellaeon
12-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Jedibear for the update.

I'll hit KayBee's on the way home, we'll see.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you as well as Grayhank, C_richards, Lonejedi, and all of my other No Cal finds pals.

c_richards
12-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Dear all East, North and South Bay posters.....

I would like to wish you all a very happy, and safe holiday season.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Kwanzaa to all that celebrate these holidays.

I hope th new year brings you all much happyness, and of course, new STAR WARS toys! :)

Pellaeon, Lone Jedi, and Slacker Jedi... you know we all have to get together to compare notes, and work out a stratagey as to future collecting runs. Let's hope this happens in the upcoming year!

I would like to suggest that after X-mas, and if anyone is interested, we compare notes as to what SW items we recieved for X-Mas, Kwanzaa, etc. Anyone that wants to particiapte, please feel free... I love hearing what others got! :)

Happy Holidays to all, and.... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Here's to another year of fun, and collecting the best figure line out there in 2003!

C_Richards

Pellaeon
12-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh, I failed to mention that my incessant search for Ephant Mon finally got to one of the KayBee workers and he generously gave up an Ephant Mon from his personal stash. I opened it given the package condition (fair). He is actually well articulated for such a big figure.

I'm still on the hunt for a clean Ephant Mon to keep carded, plus a couple for c_richards and another offline collector buddy.

I'm REALLY purturbed about those new rehash figures for 2003 (Tantive rebel trooper, teebo, imperial officer, eeth koth, etc.). So, they're repackaging, only changing the heads! What cheap bunch of ba*tar*s they are!

Lone Jedi
12-24-2002, 04:56 PM
My first few days of Winter Break turned out to be pretty good in terms of toy hunting. First the bad news: I checked the Wal*Marts in Antioch and Pittsburg, and no Compactor sets or Holiday Droids were to be found. I'm still looking for the shaven Endor Soldier (what assortment does he come in?), Ephant Mon, and the Deluxe Clonetrooper with Speeder Bike.

Now for the good: I *finally* got my Clonetrooper Pilot at the Pittsburg TRU. I met up with a friend the other day and he brought the four Star Tours figures he was able to pick up for me back in October at DizneeLand (DL-X2, R4-M9, R3-D3, and WEG-1618). Today, the relatively new Bayfair Target had the Geonosian Arena on clearance for $27.22 for anyone interested. Oh yeah, last weekend, I picked up Yoda and Droideka at Target and Mace with Red Battle Droid at TRU in Foster City.

I'll end what will probably be my last post for 2002 by wishing you all a safe and happy holiday season, and here's to hoping 2003 will be a good year for everyone. Peace! :cool:

c_richards
12-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Seasons Greetings to everyone.

I hope you all had a happy and safe Christmas, and that "Santa" was very good to you.

No new figures or toy run for me on X-Mas eve. I did however get a few very nice STAR WARS related items for Christmas. They include an Acklay figure, a calendar, STAR WARS electronic battleship, and finally an AOTC watch.

Other items were the usual X-Mas fare, clothes.

Please feel free to divulge what you all recieved for Christmas. I love to see what everyone else got! :)

MTFBWY!

fightoned
12-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I had a great Xmas eve because I found the Ephant Mon at KB Toys (280/Lawrence)! Finally!

I have seen Yoda and the clean shaven endor trooper but didn' bother picking them up. I'll get the clean shaven when I see it on sale/clearance and I will never buy the Yoda because we already have it (i.e. episode 1).

I will also pass on all the new re-packaged figures. What a waste.

Take Care.

Ed

c_richards
01-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Greetings all.

I thought I would tell you that I found the new Yoda (Jedi High Council) and Destroyer Droid (Arena Battle) at the KB Toys in BayFair Mall, San Leandro. They ad a few of the Destroyer Droids left, but a lot of them had banged up cards. The Yoda, I only saw one, but they may have had others.

No signs of E. Mon anywhere.

Also, no signs of the new '03 Figures, or the '03 Legos. If I happen to see anything, I will let you all know!

I hope you all had a happy and safe New Year, and I would like to wish you all a happy and safe 2003! Of course, I wish you all the best of luck in your searches for the 2003 Saga Figures.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c_richards
01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Greetings all-

Just to let you all know. I did see a few of the new 2003 Lego Sets at the old Target in San Leandro. I saw the Jabba's Palace sets (all 3 available) the T-16 Skyhopper, Geonosian Starfighter, and a place card for the AT-TE.

I also saw a 2 of the new Mini-Lego sets the Jedi Starfighter & Slave I set and the Pod Racer set. The mini's carry a price tag of $3.99, while the Jabba sets are as follows. For the main throne room (complete with Jabba, EV-9D9, B'Omarr Monk, and Slave Leia) - $29.99, the "Door Scene" with 3PO, R2, and the little Ball thingy that 3PO talks to for $6.99, for the same price you can also get the Carbonite Display chamber complete with a Gamorean Guard, and Boba Fett. The T-16 is $14.99 and is complete with pilot, the Geonosian Starfighter is $19.99, and has a pilot, geonosian warrior and blaster cannon. Finally, the AT-TE was priced at $69.99.

However, the most expensive Lego this year should be the AT-AT (if what I heard was right) which will be priced at $99.99.

Good luck and happy hunting....

Until the next time..........
MTFBWY!

c_richards
01-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Greetings all.

I thought I would let you all know about the results of the hunt over the weekend.

Friday night - Target (old)
San Leandro

No new figures. They have started re-arranging the toy areas around for the summer push. They have roughly 3 aisles of clearance stuff, but nothing really worth noting.

I did see some of the new 2003 Lego sets, and picked up the T-16 Skyhopper and one of the Jabba's Palace sets.

The T-16 looks great. It's almost a small replica of the earlier Shuttle Tyderium that Lego made a while back. The wings do "fold" and it does have a lego pilot. Pretty cool looking for the price. The Jabba set I bought had Bib Fortuna, 3PO, and R2 as well as the thing that pop's out of the door to see what R2 and 3PO wanted. It was a ver simplistic set to build, and it designed to be connected to the larger Jabba's Throne room set.

Sunday - Wal*Mart
San Leandro

Wal*Mart also began the shift of it's toys to prepare for the summer push. They have now condenced the STAR WARS, Hot Wheels, WWE, and other "boys toys" into 2 aisles.

No new STAR WARS figures, but I did see a few of the old POTJ Vaders "degobah" (still on green cards with force files) on the pegs. The only other thing I saw that was semi-noteworthy was 1 Momaw Nadon/Cantina Scene set. All basic figures were older assortments. Deluxes were Nexus and a few force flip Obi-Wans, Tyrannus, and a few Ani's with slicing Geonosian action.

As for legos, I saw and picked up the TIE bomber and another one of the Jabba's palace sets.

The Jabba's palace set had Boba Fett, a Gamorrean Guard, and Han in Carbonite. The Fett is the same as the old Slave 1 Fett, the Gamorrean Gaurd is a basic lego man that has a green pig body placed on him, and the Han Carbonite is a black brick, with a silk screened image of Lego Han in carbonite.

The TIE Bomber is very nice. It does fire little lego bombs (clear blue plastic), and does have a missle that fires. Yes, it really fires the missle, unlike the bombs that you have to pull a piece of the model and watch them fall for endless seconds of STAR WARS wackyness.

The TIE fighter pilot is a run of the mill pilot figure, no face, just a black helmet, and all that. BTW - Apparently the Empire not only hires the British, but also African Americans since the TIE pilot was black, but had no face painted on him.

Anyways, the Bomber does look a lot like the ship it's meant to represent. It took me roughly 30 minutes to build, 10 minutes of that was spent looking for the silly rubber band needed to return the sliding bomb door back to the closed position.

I hope the reviews are helpful for those into STAR WARS Legos.

Take care everyone, and happy hunting.

Until the next time........
MTFBWY!

Pellaeon
01-14-2003, 01:20 PM
A friend of mine picked me up a set of the Trash Compactor sets at Union City WalMart. They are not perfect, but okay shape wise. He said that they were all rough. I can see why, they are small enough to grab with one hand and the stockers probably crunch the window/box when handling them.

Still no sign of Ephant Mon! I see remnants of case assortments he was in, but the scalpers are going big time with this one!

fightoned
01-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to let people know that Walmart in Mt View had the interactive lightsabers on sale from $30 to 10!

Ed

P.S. I haven't seen anything new anywhere. Last thing I found was Ephant Mon on 12/24!

c_richards
01-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Greetings all.

I thought I would let you know the results of my toy run from the past weekend.

Friday, 1/24
Target - Bayfair Mall

No new figures. Pleanty of the old stuff, and a few of the Accessory packs, but nothing from the 2003 line.

KB Toys - Bayfair Mall
No new figures. Newest wave was the Tat. Attack Ani, and Maul.

Saturday, 1/25
TRU - Hayward
No new figures. STAR WARS section looked very picked over.

Target - Hesperian Ave. (Old Target)
No signs of anything new. Pleanty of the Han Endor Attack for those that don't have one yet.

Wal-Mart - San Leandro
Very few figures. Seemed to be all Dexter, and a few random others like a Geonosian thrown in.

Sunday, 1/26
No shopping trips.

I will try to hit TRU - Newark today. If I find anything, I'll be sure to let you know! :)

MTFBWY!

c_richards
01-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Greetings all.

I thought I would let you know that my search for the elusive Ephant Mon is now over. I was able to find mine from KBToys.com at the price of $4.99 a piece. I ordered 2 of them, and with shipping, plus tax, the total bill was $15.18. Not too bad for 2 figures and shipping, granted, I could have gone to a store and bought them for $4.99 a piece and still had enough left to get another figure... but then again... what store around here has them in stock, and in a large supply?

I would like to send a special "Thank You" to Pellaeon for his tireless efforts in trying to get his hands on one for me. I know you are still looking for another one and if I happen to see one...I'll grab it for ya!

I also went to Target (Newark/New Park Mall) yesterday They had 3 Destroyer droid figures in stock. Also for Mola Ram, They had 2 of the Transformers Armda Jetstorm figure in stock for $24.88. It didn't look bad, and I would have got one, but I picked up NASCAR Thunder 2003 for the Gamecube instead....

KB had no new toys, and the girl there (kinda cute too) told me that they would get another shipment of stuff on Thrusday, but did not elaborate as to whether any STAR WARS items would be on the truck or not!

I would expect to see a lot of retailers cut bak on their orders for about another month. As March approaches, watch for more stock to be ordered and in effect hopefully hit the floors.

Now, all I need for the 2002 Saga Series is the Deluxe Clone Trooper and Speeder Bike. Anyone know if they might be around in the East Bay... specifically San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Hayward, Union City, Fremont or Newark?

Thanks again for all the help thus far... and I wish you all the best of luck in hunting figures for your collections!!!!!!!!!!!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!

Pellaeon
01-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, I posted some time back that a storeworker sold me his personal Ephant Mon.

Well, last night I found one on my own at San Leandro WalMart. The stocker noted they put them out the previous night, and put out 2 cases of collection 2. That means the other 3 Ephant Mon's were picked up in 24 hours. Looks like the scalpers are approaching their fill finally, and maybe the rest of us can get our first!

Lone Jedi
02-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Cool find, Pelleaon. Did they have any Holiday or Trash Compactor Sets? :confused:

jedibear
02-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Congrats on your score there Pelleaon...

Up here north of the gate in wine country it's been kinda quiet. We did see the new Darth Tyranus & Acklay Obi-Wan hit the RP Target as well as the WS WM last week. The saga TIE Bombers have hit a couple of times as well...I was lucky to get one fresh from the box because the shelf life on the big windows is zip.

The Trash Compactor sets hit too but...I haven't seen one that is not banged up. Those holiday sets hit ONCE up here...right before Xmas and not again.

Here's hoping now that Feb is here we'll start seeing some of the new stuff we've been seeing pics of soon.

Here's to good thoughts for those brave explorers we lost today...

c_richards
02-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Greetings all.

First off... if any of you got the reference from my title... then yes, I did borrow it from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. :)

Now on to the real story. My package from KB Toys.com finally arrived yesterday. In there were 2 Ephant Mon figures all for me! :)

The good:
This figure is huge... and ugly... all in a good way. The sculpting is incredible, the paint application is top notch, and this figure is over all sick!!!

The Bad:
KB toys.com has to learn to package the toys better. The box the figures were sent in can hold roughly 6 figures if all are placed on their side. (That includes 2 E. Mon since that's how I have him stored.) There was no bubble wrap, and no padding of any sort aside from an air bladder placed on the top of the figures. Needless to say one of the cards is slightly dinged up, and the other appears to have no problems. The last piece of who-haw was KB placed tracking stickers on the bubbles of the figures. While they came off and didn't damage the bubble or the sticker that reads, "Fan Choice #3" the fact that they are put on there doesn't set well with me. :)

Would I order from KB Again? Sure.. they had what I wanted, and it was the same price as in their stores, so no premiums paid for a toy. I just hope they learn to pack their toys better. :) And stop with the stickers.

Hopefully now you all will have better luck in trying to find this elusive figure.

Take care, and good luck in your ventures.....
MTFBWY!!!!

fightoned
02-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi I found the new Obi Wan Wave at Walmart in Mt View. The only ones I saw were Obi and Dooku. Nothing else. They still had the $10 deluxe lightsabers on sale from $30 original price.

jedibear
02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Padme AC wave in northbay

Thanks to Grayhank for the heads-up.....

Picked up the latest Action Collection wave at SR TRU today: Padme (not as horrible as pictures, but unposable), Geonosian Warrior(well done) & Anakin (the WORST 12" figure in the SW line EVER)
Also had the TRU exclusive Leia/Han Carbonite. None of the packages were mint & I'm not overly impressed with this effort.

Keep your eyes open out there...

c_richards
02-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Greetings everyone.

No new figures found over the weekend, however, I finally did get my hands on a copy of Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II for the Game Cube, and it's a pretty faithful port of the PC game.

Friday. No stores hit.

Saturday
Target (BayFair Mall)
No new figures. Pleanty of the Han Endor Raid wave, and a lot of the older Deluxe figures.

KB Toys (BayFair Mall)
See Target's Description.

Sunday
KB Toys (Southland Mall)
No new figures. Had a few of the 12" figures marked down. Zam, Dooku, and others. Clone Troopers are still $24.99 a piece.

Rather pitiful selections out in this area right now.

Oh well... the search continues!

MTFBWY!

c_richards
02-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone. I thought I would give you a run down of the weekend's activities.

Friday -

Lunch Break - TRU - Newark
No new 3&3/4" however I did see 2 of the new 12" Geonosian figure. It looks ok, but I passed since I was looking for the figures and not dolls.

No stores hit Friday night. I was too freaking tired and just stayed home to relax. :)

Saturday
Target (Hesperian - SL)
No new STAR WARS. Pleanty of the old figures.

K-Mart (SL)
They are re-arranging their toy area again. No signs of anything new. I did see 1 Deluxe Geonosian and Force Flip Ani. No other new things.

Wal-Mart (SL)
No new figures. I did see quiet a bit of clearance items that I had to get. One of the items was the recently released 12" Imperial Officer which I was able to pick up for $10.00. I also picked up a Lego Technic R2-D2 for $5.00 and finally a Lego Technic Super Battle Droid for $10.00. Not bad for $25. :)

Sunday
No stores hit.

Hope the info helps....

Until the next time...
MTFBWY!

fightoned
03-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Finally new stuff in Mt View!

As of 11AM today.

Walmart: Tie Bomber (1 left); no new figures

Target: Teebo, imperial officer, rebel, Padme, Tuskin, library data droids.

I picked up the last Data droids but there was 1 or more of just about everyone else I listed.

Good Luck!

c_richards
03-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by fightoned
Finally new stuff in Mt View!

As of 11AM today.

Walmart: Tie Bomber (1 left); no new figures

Target: Teebo, imperial officer, rebel, Padme, Tuskin, library data droids.

I picked up the last Data droids but there was 1 or more of just about everyone else I listed.

Good Luck!

Nice Haul Fightoned.....

How does the new Padme, Tuskin Raider, and Library Droids look?

Nothing new on this side of the bay in quite a while. However, I did get my local comic shop to order me one of the new Boba Fett Busts that were done by Dark Horse Comics/Gentle Giant Studios. It should be available just about any time. As soon as I get it, I'll make sure to snap off a few pics and post them here!

I did do a toy run on my lunch break today and found nothing.
TRU had the 12" Leia and Han "bricks" still, but I passed No new figs. KB had nothing new in the way of STAR WARS figures. They still had a few of the 12" Clone Commander and Clone Troopers, but nothing too entertaining. Target had no new figures, and finally the Suncoast had nothing.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!!

Pellaeon
03-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Glad to see we're back on the front page! I have found nothing either, although a friend of mine did pick up the library droids wave, but none for me.

fightoned
03-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by c_richards
Nice Haul Fightoned.....

How does the new Padme, Tuskin Raider, and Library Droids look?

<CUT>
Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!!

Hey c_richards,

I have to say all three look great. I wasn't planning on getting the Padme but I was so impressed I picked it up. It will go well with the back side of the Arena Playset. The library driods are also cool but they look like something from the star tours line. (Still I can never have too many driods.) The Tuskin is also neat just because it is a Tuskin in a different position. All in all I am happy so far with the 2003 line up!

Later,
Ed

c_richards
03-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Fightoned-

I'm glad to hear that you like the 2003 line. I have to see this Padme figure now. With reading what you said, and what I have seen, then this might be the best Padme figure made yet.

Of course, the first shot of the Padme (Wedding Dress) looks like she's constipated.... but let's hope they remedy the situation, and make it look a bit better......

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!

jedibear
03-06-2003, 02:38 AM
There's been a disturbance in the force....

Seriously though....it's been pretty quiet up this way. Our SR Target has been putting out about one case a week of the re-issue wave. Thanks to Grayhank I at least have one of each.

The Windsor WM got in the new micromachine wave...the Gunship looked good and the new packaging is much better.

Our other Target & WM has had NOTHING new for months now. Other than the new 12" wave (Padme/Ani/Geo), the TRU has had no new figures since before Xmas.

It's real discouraging....I hope this drought ends soon....

c_richards
03-06-2003, 10:23 AM
JediBear-

I feel your pain. I have yet to even find the re-issues!!!! Easy Bay has been mostly quiet. Pellaeon did find a few new ones a while back, but the bubbles were seriously crunched.

I did see the Geonosian 12" at the TRU in Newark, but I wasn't impressed. It was just "ok". I also did see the new Leia/Boushh and Han in "light up brick", but I wasn't compelled to buy it. :)

Oh well, I guess I just need to keep patient and continue to scour for any new figures.

If I should find anything, of course, I'll post it here...

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!

c_richards
03-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Greetings all-

I just got back from a toy run, and I picked up the new 12" Padme. I saw all three, Padme, Ani and the Geo. Warrior, and I thought out of them all, Padme didn't look too bad. She's not as out of proportion as Zam, and the face looks to be a better likeness than the Zam.

I thought the Ani looked better than the first one, but the expression they gave him makes it look like he's constipated versus angry and all that.

Oh well... at least it was an improvement over the first version. :)

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!

c_richards
03-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Greetings all-

Things are getting very bleak in terms of new STAR WARS figures in the East Bay. If they are out there, I have yet to see them.

Today warrented a ride to a Target I had never hit before, Fremont Hub. This store was opened the same time as the others in Hayward, and SL BayFair were.

After trying to figure out where the toy section was, I finally came to the action figure aisle. The only signs of new figures was a deluxe Geonosian Warrior and nothing else. I did see an older pilot Obi-Wan, and a Chewie (Bespin Escape).

I am really starting to get disillusioned to the fact that any new SW figures have made it out here yet. It's gotten to the point that even some of the older figures, namely the Padme Unleashed, is no where to be found, and I have resorted to having a buddy of mine in Arizona get one and ship it to me.

Anyone else having any luck? If so, please let us know what you got, when and where?

THX for the help and info!

MTFBWY!!!!!!

Pellaeon
03-19-2003, 08:09 PM
A friend of mine found the Darth Tyranus and Anakin speederbikes at the Union City Target, and stashed them for me. I picked them up. ~$13 with tax, okay price, okay items (not exciting, but not lousy either). I picked them up ~2 days ago, can't remember exact date.

Grayhank
03-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Hi All, it's been awhile since I've posted anything but here's the latest...

Scored a great big haul of the following figures at Wal-Mart this morning.

Darth Tyranus/Geonosian Escape
Obi-Wan/Ackley Battle
Mace Windu/Arena Confrontation
SP-4 & JN-66/Research Droids
Anakin Skywalker/Secret Ceremony
Boba Fett/Pit of Carkoon
R2-D2/Droid Factory
Barriss Offee
Lama Su
Aayla Secura
Imperial Officer (blond hair)

They also had Padme Amidala, Rebel Trooper, Tusken Raider, Destroyer Droid, both Clone Troopers and Yoda/Jedi Council.

The Imperial Officer w/Blond hair appears to be in the case with Barris & Lama Su. The Brown haired one is the prior case with Teebo, Eeth Koth etc. NOTE: The POTJ Imperial Officer is NOT the same as either of these TWO released in the SAGA packaging. The blond haired one and the POTJ one have very similar heads but different color hair. The POTJ also has very noticable sideburns. I am sending pics to Thrawn, hopefully he will post them.

I also found Anakin's Swoop and Tyranus' Speeder at Target this week. That' about it.

Pellaeon
03-20-2003, 02:24 PM
Thats about it????! Great Finds! Hopefully that means the truck will work its way down here.

Lone Jedi
03-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Yes, congrats on the excellent haul, Grayhank. SL Target had plenty of Anakin and Tyranus Speeders today if anyone missed them the first time around.

I have yet to see 2003 figures on the pegs. As for the imperial officer, I can *confirm* that at one point the small faced, brown-hair SAGA variant (as opposed to the large faced, brown-hair POTJ version one with sideburns) came one per case with with Lama Su x1, Aayla Secura x1, Barriss Offee x1, Padme DFC x2, Library Droids x2, Tusken Raider TCA x2, and the black haired Rebel Fleet Trooper x2. I am still looking SAGA versions of Eeth Koth, Teebo, the blonde imperial officer, and the red haired Rebel Fleet trooper.

Grayhank
03-23-2003, 10:39 AM
As some of you know, I work for KB Toys in the North Bay and I wanted to pass along this information. As of Wednesday (last week) KB Toys has dicontinued the KB Toy Club. No more cards or stamps will be given out. You basically have until June 1 to use up any completed cards that have all four stamps.

I'm not sure how each store in the area is handling "unfinished" cards, but our store will still give the 20% discount if you have at least 3 stamps on a card and you are spending the 25 dollar minimum. It's really up to the store managers to decide how they are going to proceed with the unfinished cards.

So if you've been putting off buying those extra 12" clone troopers, now would be a good time to get them if you have an extra completed card. Just wanted to let you all know.

c_richards
03-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Greetings all.

Friday night I took a ride out to the old Target in SL, and picked up the Dooku/Tyrannus and Ani speeder bike sets. I liked Dooku, but the face sculpt on Ani still looks bad.

The bikes are nice, but the set overall aren't anything too spectacular or earth shattering. They are nice, and I am glad I bought them. :)

Aside from that, no new figures when I hit the KB and Target at BayFair yesterday.

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!

Brainiak76
03-31-2003, 06:18 PM
FINALLY Nor CA peeps!!

Hows it going everyone! just wanted to say what up & this is the first time i hit up this thread/forums!!

I finally found forums with Nor CA store reports..DAYAM!!:D

Neways im from the penninsula but go to school in the east bay and it is hella whack round here and there!! Havent seen nething new since yoda chair and obi wan arena.....and thats it!!

Where you guys finding the newer figs like lama su, boba fett, SC anakin? the walmarts i go to dont have these waves yet(at least i havent seen them)

LMK

c_richards
03-31-2003, 06:32 PM
Welcome Brainiak76

Welcome to the 7th Level of hell..... just kidding.

Reports of new figures are sporadic. There have been a few reports of Lama-Su, Boba Fett, R2, Obi-Wan (Acklay battle), Mace,etc. but they just aren't popping up everywhere like they used to.

I too am from the East Bay as well as a few others such as Pellaeon, but we are hard pressed to find anything! The last new items I had found were the speeder bikes at the Old Target in SL (Hesperian Blvd.).

All I can tell you is check through some of the back posts, (maybe go back a page or so) to see where they have been hitting and all.

I hope the info is of some help to you!

Good luck in your search...

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!!

Brainiak76
04-01-2003, 01:50 AM
TAHNX!! ill keep everyone posted when they hit and where!! hopefully youll do the same..THANX

c_richards
04-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Brainiak76

We usually do. I believe that's what this thread was designed for. If there's anything out there that we come across, generally if we buy it or not, we'll post as soon as possible.

It just seems lately that new SW Figures are hard to find in many areas around here. I have yet to see ANY of the 2003 line, with the exception of the speeder bikes.

I am having a much easier time picking up the new Transformers versus the new STAR WARS figures.

This has got to be one of the most disappointing times in many a collectors mind. At least for a few of us. Pickings are slim to non-existant, and no new stock seems to be hitting, and when it does hit.... if it's not's picked clean by Toy Pirates, then you have to deal with the dreaded crunched bubble, bent card, etc.

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!!!!

Pellaeon
04-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Okay, more doom and gloom from yet another disappointed SW toy fan.

Prediction-Based on what I am seeing just 1 year after E-2, I will predict that the SW line will be essentially dead within two years of the opening of E-3. E's 1 and 2 were "okay", and did little to attract new fans. The figures being released are primarily "rehash" with a few goodies thown in, and so Hasbro/Lucas are not satisfying many of their core collectors.

c_richards
04-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Pellaeon-

Hard to say when, where, why, how, if the SW toy line will be killed off. I thought Hasbro just inked a deal with Lucas to produce SW items exclusively until at least 2008 or 2018. I could be wrong though. :)

I am really begining to get discouraged here. I have no idea where else to go aside from online... and even then, that's a pain because you have to tack on shipping/handling and tax to the price of a figure.

Grrrrr... what is a SW fan/collector to do?

:)

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!

Pellaeon
04-01-2003, 03:26 PM
The may have a deal through 2018, but unless Lucas licenses the rights to others to make SW movies/programs, they will be hard pressed to make any money off of toys in the future. I would still love to see the Timothy Zahn "Heir to the Empire" series made in one format or another.

I mean come on, stop making Luke after Luke after Luke. If new fans don't have a Luke, repackage the same sculpt at a later date. Stop wasting money on resculpts that sit on the shelf and result in stores not reordering.

c_richards
04-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Pellaeon-

You're preaching to the chior. I want Heir to the Empire figures too! Especially G.A. Thrawn and Pellaeon!!! Yeah, we might have a Thrawn now (thanks to the short lived EU series), but in my opinion, he's too cartoonish!

On the topic of EU figures, let's make ones like Sev'rance Taan from Gallactic Battlegrounds, a better version of Kyle Katarn, of course a much better Dash Rendar, Guri, and what about Vong...

There are so many possibilities out there. No more resculpts. Pretty soon we'll have a luke figure for every frame he was in

I can see it now, Luke from ANH, Scene 31 frame 7.

BTW - if it makes any difference.... I did get a chance to talk to a Hasbro store rep.... The sad thing is... she was more clueless and in the dark about what, when, why, how things came out than we are!!!! Apparently Hasbro tells these folks nothing...
WAY TO GO HASBRO....

Note to Hasbro..... INFORM YOUR FREAKING EMPLOYEES AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON SO THEY DON'T LOOK AND ACT LIKE COMPLETE MINDLESS *****-CLOWNS!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr.....

Finally, I made a quick toy run today to TRU - Newark, KB - Newpark Mall, and Target - Newpark. TRU had one of the 12" Amidala's nothing else new, but I did notice one of the electronic Dooku/Tyrannus Lightsabers was marked down to $4.90.

Target had nothing (surprise, surprise), and KB still had pegs and pegs of garbage!

Until the next time.....
MTFBWY!!!!!

Brainiak76
04-01-2003, 05:35 PM
hey i was there the other day too...can u tell me y the kb @newpark has figs from like the first wave?..LOLS

that kb sux @$$ for SW, i havent seen nething new there since i think aug!! and target is worse!!

i found a red package bilbo there one time but that was bout it!

c_richards
04-01-2003, 05:45 PM
If it's any consolation.....
you can forget the K&B at Bayfair Mall in SL. The manager there is a pirate! He snagged all the freaking E. Mon figures for himself... the good thing was one of the employees found his stash and was selling them off to customers! :)

He used to manage the KB at Southland, and was transferred to BayFair....

He'll talk your ear off, but I caught him lying saying they hadn't gotten any figures since November, and yet, E. Mon was released in December.....

Nice try! :)

I believe Pelleaon knows of this guy I am talking about! :)

Brainiak76
04-01-2003, 06:08 PM
OMG!! is the manager @Southland KB like a middle aged white guy? i think i know who your talkin bout..but he actually helped me out!! It was when yoda jedi master was new..i asked if he knew when they might get more newer figs in, then he said who u lookin for, then he went in the back and got me one!

Not sure if its the same guy but if it is..thats crazy! LOLS!

c_richards
04-01-2003, 06:19 PM
No no no... read my previous post again, CAREFULLY!

The manager at Southland now is cool! The previous manager there now is the manager at BayFair.... the BayFair manager is the pirate!!!!!!!

Southland's manager is generally really nice and will help you find stuff if you ask! :) As for Target, I know at least half the staff there (hell, I used to work there.... the old target.... not the new one!) and most of them are generally honest and will look! A few don't want to be bothered...