PDA

View Full Version : NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

jedibear
04-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Pelleon....

If this down time is any indication, I think the SW line will be dead 6 MONTHS aster EpIII debuts.
Sigh. Here we are in April & up here in the Sonoma-Northbay, we have seen nothing but drips-n-drabs since December.....

Witness....TRU got in (at least 3 different times) the Ani/Padme 12" wave BUT NO NEW regular figures. Our area WM & Targets got ONE shipment of the Arena Obi/Tyranus wave and I've been told the Targets actually had the Lama Su wave at least once (my buddy Grayhank snagged 'em...crunched bubbles and all) & the Boba Fett wave (just one sighting..same story..Grayhank snagged e'm and got me a set..again, crunched bubbles). I have yet to see any of these on the pegs for myself. Target did get the new SpeederBike wave in a couple of weeks ago, but bam! Gone quickly...

Meanwhile, the Windsor WM has Clone Pilots falling off the pegs ( and an infamous toy dept mgr who picks & chooses who gets access to new stuff) and the RP one has had NOTHING on their pegs in months! (Frankly I'm suprised they haven't just taken over the dead space with another line)

Except for the above-mentioned breif sightings, our area Targets have nothing but ooo-I-burned-ma-hand Maces' & Wattos gathering dust along with a huge number of Zam/Dooku/SBD 12'ers (that finally got marked down for clearance).

Our KBs haven't had anything new for SW in ages (aside from more of the four-pack repack sets).

It's bad out there right now....between the stores not ordering & scapers/dealers scooping up what little turns up, it's enough to make the average collector want to throw up his hands and turn away....except for the wonderful images floating around online of the stuff we're missing! I want my Lamma Su! A Barriss Offee to go with Luminara! An Aalya Secura to kick some Geonosian butt (wait a minute...do they have a butt?)

I'm wondering if when I attend WonderCon in SF later this month if there's going to be dealer tables overflowing with these hard-to-find waves at $20 a pop....I wonder if the retailers, who are so eager to only carry what's deemed "hot" (Yu-Go-whatever anyone?) are passing on the line right now until the new "Clone Wars" banner bows this fall....

I dunno fellow bay area SW collectors....these are dark times in the old republic....thanks for lookin' at my rant. Back to search'n the aisles (in vain)....

c_richards
04-03-2003, 02:43 PM
THIS SUCKS!!!!

I can't find jack s**t! Like you Jedibear and Pellaeon, I have seen little to nothing in terms of new SW stuff.....

WTF is going on? I got a feeling there is a huge werehouse somewhere that is filled with all these new figures, and none are being shipped out here.

Things have gotten so bad, that I am now turning to my friend in Arizona to look for stuff. So far he's found the Unleashed Padme for me, but that's it. Apparently it's just as bad there as it is here!

This isn't funny..... I really am getting discouraged.

Oh well... if I should see anything... I'll report it
(after I have my coronary from seeing something new!)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!

Brainiak76
04-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey JEDIBEAR??

Whats wondercon in SF? a toy show?

jedibear
04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
It's a comic book convention held by the same folks who put on ComicCon in San Diego every summer. It's been held the last few years in Oakland at the Convention center but this year it's moving to the Moscone Center in SF on the weekend of the 22nd of April....check your local comic shop for more info.
These cons usually have alot of dealers present who deal not only in comix but action figures & other toys, collectible cards and all sorts of fun stuff...

Brainiak76
04-03-2003, 03:36 PM
TITE!! april 22? so its like a collectibles show?

do you know how much to get it?

IG-89
04-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi, the Penninsula checking where it is a virtual wasteland in terms of Star wars collecting as it seems like is common in all parts of this area. i've been to Target ea. morning on my way to work and only seen restocks of light sabers and c3p0 deluxe wave and a few Ani and Dooku speeders. Target in mtn view as well as San Mateo have had 1 or 2 cases of '03 figures in the past month because i can see remnants of those cases a few times. The scalper activity is VERY high as it seems that the months following Christmas is very light for the Hotwheels guys so they've gone over to Star Wars to fill their time. These are the annoying folk who line-up in front of Target or Walmart at opening ot make that dash to the toy aisle and seeing that there's been no new Hotwheel cases will go over to the Star Wars to pick it clean of anything new. I asked one guy who snagged every library droid, DFC Padme and '03 Tuskens why...he just simply said he's goin to get $10-20 per figure at the card show 2 weeks ago. grrrrr.

I've been collecting since the '95 relaunch and it's never been as bad as it is now.

There is some hope though as Target well have some sort of clearance on ALL their toy stock right after Easter so here's hoping some new stock gets on the shelf.

I still have NO idea what Walmart is doing as i've NEVER seen a single Trash Compactor set and it's been shipped as early as November. Someone give Walmart a clue please? Heck, give TRU a clue too.

Lone Jedi
04-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Have you guys ever considered ordering figures by the case online? That's what I've been doing for sometime now. If you choose cases wisely, or better yet, split them with a fellow collector, you can forget about all those wasteful trips to TRU, WM, Target, KB, etc. I've given up looking in stores, unless I'm out shopping for other stuff anyways.

Newforcecomics.com charges $61.99 per case of 12 (plus UPS ground shipping), that's roughly $5.17 per figure, plus they come double-boxed and case fresh. The shipping costs more than balance out the wasted time and gas money you would normally choke on. There are quite a few cases that contain 2 each of six new figures, so two collectors can split the case equally. However the down side of course is when a figure is short-packed (i.e., the upcoming red battle droid).

I know some people may enjoy "the hunt" but the way things are looking, I think they should consider ordering online cases. Besides, we all complain about the lousy and corrupt employees and say "screw them." Well let's follow through with those words, and buy from another supplier.

Just my input.

Brainiak76
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
if i had someone to spilt a case with i would!!

c_richards
04-04-2003, 11:32 AM
LoneJedi-

Your post right now seems to be a godsend. I had thought about doing that in the past, but like you said, I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.

Things here seem to be really bad... so why not just cut out the middle man, and get the cases directly? I can't seem to find a reason that would make me think that would be a bad idea.

So what if a figure is short-packed. I think many people that arranged a deal to buy a case would be willing to trade off every so often who got the short packed figure.

If what I said, didn't make sense.... let me provide an example.
Say we got 3 cases, and 2 of them have short-packed figures. One of the crew can take one figure, and the other takes the second figure. Hopefully, in time, another case might provide the one with a figure he didn't get the first go around.

And, if you should get stuck with extras, then maybe put them up on Ebay as a bundle to recover your cost.

I can only see this as a win/win situation.

Thanks for the idea LoneJedi!

MTFBWY!

Brainiak76
04-04-2003, 04:22 PM
yeah or if someone split a case and someone didnt get..oh lets say lama su..then the people that split the case would look hard for him in retail stores and in time im sure he would be found..PROBLEM SOLVED!

Lone Jedi
04-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Brainiak76, I'm in the same boat as you. Strange as it might sound, I actually don't know any SW collectors in person (i.e., none of my friends/colleagues collect SW), so I have no one to split a case with. But here's what I did: I pre-ordered a SAGA case (containing 2 each of Obi-Wan Acklay, Tyranus w/Lightning, Flex Mace, Anakin Ceremony, Boba Fett POC, and flying R2-D2) back in January, and I got the case about 2 weeks ago. Being a meticulous carded collector, I chose the six best-carded of the set and put the rest up for trade in the forums (I've never actually sold anything on ebay, but I have bought before). Currently I'm working trades towards a deluxe clone with bike (which I have *NEVER* seen in stores) as well as a Saga Teebo (1 for 1 trade). Now if only someone had Eeth Koth, the red-haired Rebel Fleet Trooper and the blonde Imperial Officer for trade, I'd be set.

Brainiak76
04-05-2003, 07:50 PM
yup all my friends dont collect im the only one! and they all clown on me for it!! but i dont give a F!

really i got two clone w/speeder bike at target but had to go at like 8 am to get it!! The one near my house always puts out at nite so i had to beat the scalpers in the morn!

So you dont have any more boba's or anakins do ya?:rolleyes: i to am a MOMC collector and im pretty picky!!

Where did you pre-order the case from? If you live close to me maybe we can split cases!!:D ;) :D ;) :D :D

LMK ..peace!

c_richards
04-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Greetings all.

No official Toy Run this weekend. I was busy with a lot of stuff like a Groundbreaking Ceremony and others. But, I did have a chance to hit the Target at Bayfair Mall. Sad to say the result was the same as before, Nada.... Nothing... Zip....Zero... Zilch... you get the hint! :)

On a more positive note, either this Thursday or Friday, I should be the proud owner of a Master Replicas Anakin Skwalker Force F/X Lightsaber. I put the order in late Saturday night from TRU/Amazon.com, and was told it would be in my hands by no later than Friday.

As soon as I get it, I'll be sure to give you all a detailed description as to how it is, as well as provide a few images of me with it! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!!!

Lone Jedi
04-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Brainiak76, right now the only Saga 2003 extras I have are Obi-Wan, Tyranus, R2, Mace, and the black-haired Rebel Fleet Trooper. I pre-order from Newforcecomics.com.

Brainiak76
04-08-2003, 01:31 AM
o ic!! wahts the price on the cases?

Grayhank
04-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that KB's has most SW items at 50% off right now. The best deal is the Republic Gunship in case you missed out on it. Basic figures are $2.99. My KBs basically has Teemto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Chewie, Vader. Illuminara, Dexter, Geonosian Warrior and lots of the same old pegwarmers. Nothing of significance.

Also at half price are the 12" Electronic Figures, Anakin & Zam's Speeders, Obi-Wan's Starfighter and Jedi Training lightsaber.

Of course the 12" Clone Troopers are still regular price.

c_richards
04-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Greetings all.

I come before you asking for a bit of help. Not so much in seeking out new figures, but that always helps....

I am looking for either a Heiland or a Graflex flash tube gun. I am searching one of these items to make a hilt (as you may have guessed.) I have looked on Ebay, and I refuse to pay $150 and up for a vintage flash to destroy it and make a hilt. If any of you knows of a place that I can acquire one relatively cheap, or if you have one you are willing to part with, again relatively cheap, I would be very greatful.

Any help as to where I might be able to get something like this would also be appriciated. I was thinking of thrift shops, flea markets, etc.

Please help?

THX in advance! :)

MTFBWY!!!

Brainiak76
04-08-2003, 08:24 PM
jedi bear.......

"Moscone Center in SF on the weekend of the 22nd of April....check your local comic shop for more info."

the weekend of april 22? the weekend b4 it (april 19, 20) or after the 22nd (april 26, 27)??

Sorry to bug guy, but do you know what time it opens and if theres a cover charge? THANX

fightoned
04-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
jedi bear.......

"Moscone Center in SF on the weekend of the 22nd of April....check your local comic shop for more info."

the weekend of april 22? the weekend b4 it (april 19, 20) or after the 22nd (april 26, 27)??

Sorry to bug guy, but do you know what time it opens and if theres a cover charge? THANX

Wonder Con is April 25-27
Friday 12-7 Sat 10-7 Sun 11-5
$35/three days $15/each day

I am planning on going but I have never been to one of these. Should be interesting.

On the toy hunt, nothing new. I am just as frustrated as everyone else. I resorted to buying a case from KEBco. It came to a little over $6 each figure which is what I would expect if I paid in the store with tax.

Good luck on the hunt!

Ed

Brainiak76
04-09-2003, 01:59 AM
DAYAM! $15 a day? does that come with anything? man!

c_richards
04-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Greetings all....

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way first.

No new toys (surprise, surprise). And... I lost an autcion to buy a Heiland flashtube gun to make my hilt.

Now... on to the good news -

I got my Ani Force F/X saber yesterday!!!!! It is absolutely beautiful. The weight is very evenly distributed, and the polished metal hilt is incredible.

This is by far a much better looking product than the one Hasbro produced, and for the money, I would expect it to be.

The sound is incredible, flick on the switch, the blade lights up, and the classic ignition sound accompanies the effect to make you think you have, "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age!"

As you swing the saber around, the idle hum is replaced with appropriate hums. Of course there are at least 3 - 4 different "crashes" that will play back. On the paper work that comes packaged with the saber it says very clearly that even though the blade is sturdy, it is not designed for dueling. Finally when you power the saber down, the blade slowly fades from the blue glow, to it's non-descreet "tube" color of a light grey. This effect is accompanied by a very nice power-off sound as well.

This is a brilliantly designed prop/replica, and I think this is the way sabers should have been done in the first place. Of course, the price tag may set a few people off, but in my opinion it is very well worth it!

Now... back to a previous post, I am still looking for a heiland or graflex flashtube gun. If anyone out there knows of where I might be able to get one, again, for a cheap price, or if you might have one you are willing to part with, also... for a cheap price...
please do not hesitate to let me know. You can either PM on through here, or just respond to my post on this thread.....

Thank you all so much for the help and....

MTFBWY!!!!

IG-89
04-09-2003, 12:21 PM
it comes with a chance to experience the sights and sounds of WonderCon and all its comicbook glory. Also the chance to be had by all sorts of comic/toy/sci-fi dealers.

Brainiak76
04-09-2003, 07:19 PM
nothing new anywhere!! went on a massive toy run today!

nothing star wars but man, great day for LOTR!!

series 4 finally hit nor ca!! gollum looks dope!! :D :D

check out new park if anyone here collect lotr also b4 someone swoops on all the new figs!

Lone Jedi
04-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Nothing new in the SW collecting, as you all know. However for c_richards, and anyone else who collects Gen 1 Transformer Re-releases (the only TFs other than HOC worth buying IMHO), the Hayward TRU had 8 Silverstreaks and 3 Thundercrackers as of 12 noon today.

Brainiak, the cases at Newforce are $61.99 each, so you end up paying something like $5.17 per figure (excluding shipping costs).

fightoned
04-20-2003, 10:10 PM
As of Friday:

Nothing new at KB vallco, stevenscreek/280, or westgate.

Nothing new at Target Cupertino and Westgate.

Does Kenner want to make any money? Where is all this stuff?

Good luck on your searches.

Grayhank
04-21-2003, 07:44 PM
"Does Kenner want to make any money? Where is all this stuff?"

Obviously not, since Kenner is no longer in business LOL.

Hasbro on the other hand doesn't seem to be doing a good job either at getting stuff into the stores. Looks like some of us are going to have to shell out some bucks at WonderCon to get what we need. I know JediBear and myself will be going this Friday in his new "golden chariot", anybody else in the area going to be there?

fightoned
04-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Grayhank, I brain farted! I am guess you can figure out I am old school. Anyway my son and I are going this friday too. I'll be in jeans and a dark red USC orange bowl tee shirt. Maybe a blue sweat**** if it is cold in there.

I too may pick up a SW toy or two if the prices aren't too crazy. I really am going to look for Green Lantern comics from 1969.

Later.

P.S. I just got back from Waco, TX on business and that walmart had hammerhead and walrus man deluxe figures galore! I still didn't by them but I was soooo tempted because I haven't bought anything in so long.

c_richards
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Nothing new on this end. I am planning on making a toy run in a bit to the Target near my office, but I am not expecting to find much! :)

Hopefully this weekend will be good so I can get out and get something!

This "drought" is really ****ing me off. I did finf out that the old Target in SL had 2 cases of the new SW figures, but of course, I got there too late and they were all gone. I am so freaking peeved too.

Oh well.... maybe if I concentrate really hard, I can will them to be at the store when I show up. :)

And if you believe that then my butt is a wind instrument and a fart is a whole note!

Pellaeon
04-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Well, chiming in after a very long time. Nothing new on this end. A friend of mine found some banged up new stuff at WalMart, but no scores. The main reason I am posting is to christen my home internet access.

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Still nothing in my area!!

but i just got some new figs from a friend in socal!

got boba fett pit of, sc anakin, flying r2 and lama su!!

man whats the deal down south they already have han hoth, yoda/ padawan..etc etc! and we dont even have padme & research droids wave! FREAKIN WHACK!!!!!

fightoned
05-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Whats up with LA? They seem to be getting all kinds of new stuff after scanning their posts. I have seen absolutely nothing new here in the South Bay for the last 4 months. This is getting really ridiculous.

After checking the last two days: Wal-Mart and Target in MT View, and KB Toys in Vallco and 280/Stevens Creek all had...nothing.

c_richards
05-08-2003, 06:28 PM
This dry spell is getting lame. It seems no one up here has found anything new unless it was crunched!!!!!!

I am getting really annoied too!!!

jedibear
05-09-2003, 02:49 AM
It is odd (and more than a little pathetic) that the northern half of the state is getting the shaft for new stuff. We are in the FIFTH month of this year with nothing to show for it.
Even after Episode One and the launch of the POTJ banner wasn't as weak & lame as this.
I hope Hasbro is paying attention to the fact that alot of collectors may have moved on to other lines (you couldn't have convinced me a year ago that anyone over the age of 30 would give a damn about MOTU!!...but it's selling...not to mention the fine work ToyBiz has done with the LOTR).
I'm sticking with it....although it's getting more & more frustrating to read/see images of stuff you have to wonder if you're ever going to see....

"I have a bad feeling about this..." many a SW character has said, and my hope is that we don't get passed over for all these cool secondary characters like Bariss, Aalya & Lama Su for an avalanche of "Clone War" Ani's, Obi's & Yodas come September...

Okay...I'll get down now. I....just....want....new....figures!!

Lone Jedi
05-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Emeryville TRU had the unleashed slave Leia and unmasked Vader
on Saturday. Nothing else otherwise. If anyone in the Bay Area still needs them, I have 1 extra each of Obi-Wan Acklay Battle, Dooku Geonosian Escape, Mace Arena Confrontation, and Flying R2-D2.

Brainiak76
05-13-2003, 06:08 PM
lucky!!! how much were those lone jedi? $16

man all the trus cut down the SW sec to like three pegs w/ one fig each!! I hope there goin put the newer figs on there! Any of your targets reduce the sec or get newer figs yet?

Lone Jedi
05-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't look at the price since I do not collect the Unleashed line. I haven't been to Target in months, and I haven't been to Wal*mart since 2002. I just pre-ordered the Vader Throne Room wave from New Force....think about ordering online, guys! :stupid:

Brainiak76
05-18-2003, 05:46 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

went to WM tonite and found a case.SW basc figs 03 COL 1 WV 1

FINALLY a freakin 03 case! im sure this will be gone quick style but i finally got an arena mace moc and another boba to open! These are the first 03 figs ive ever seen retail and ever purchased retail!! Hopefully will start seing more and more!!

Man FINALLY!! hopefully the drought is over! check your wm's peeps!

Brainiak76
05-18-2003, 05:48 AM
oh yeah Btw is anyone from Nor ca goin to SD comic con???

im prob goin go..but the price is alil steep! $55 now w/ a pre sale 4day pass but if you buy a tix for one day the day of its $60!! So if anything ill prob buy now and have that option to go more then one day if i want!

fightoned
05-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I found the Boba Fett, Han, Chewie/Mynock, and Flying R2! But it was at Disneyland yesterday and I refused to pay $10 for each of them. To top it off Disneyland didn't even have the new Star Tours figures. I was so bummed.

On a good note I did find a SPider Droid and "build" your own Super Battle Droid. I passed on the Battle Droid but the Spider Droid is cool. We opened it but it doesn't walk very well as advertised.

Good Luck.

Brainiak76
05-26-2003, 09:08 PM
this was all in socal? i swear they get all the newer stuff first! even LOTR figs!

c_richards
05-27-2003, 01:29 PM
I did see 1 new item on Saturday, that was the Imperial 4-pack at TRU in hayward. I passed on it as they were all re-packed figures.

If I recall correctly the figures in the pack are:
Darth Vader, R4-M9 (black astromech droid), Stormtrooper, and an Imperial Officer.

No new figures otherwise. Hopefully this will all change soon considering the advent of the new Clone Wars figures coming out!

Hope the info helps!

comdes
05-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I just went to Walmart in Mt. View and they don't have any new figures, but they did have a bunch of Action Fleet AT-ATs and Snowspeeders. They're up on top of the shelves on the next aisle over from the Action figures above the cars. There were about 6 or 7 of each.

Brainiak76
05-27-2003, 08:54 PM
i saw that and thats the only wm or any store to have any of the newer action fleet !! i went one time and saw the republic assault ship, and slave 1 in the new packaging i was hoping for a gunship but were all gone!!

were there any new LOTR figs?

fightoned
05-28-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
this was all in socal? i swear they get all the newer stuff first! even LOTR figs!

Sorry I should have been clear. I got the Spider Droid at the Target in Mt View last THursday. I did not got to any stores while we were in LA.

I did check Target and Walmart today. Nothing new aside from what was already mentioned in the last two posts.

Later

IG-89
05-28-2003, 12:16 PM
The Imperial 4-pack is not 'just repacked' figures. The stormtrooper is a modified POTJ Sandtrooper without pauldron and backpack but he HAS articulated knees. Pretty cool to have another stormie to be able to pose differently. The ATST pilot guy is repainted Imperial body and head with AT-ST helmet. The black R4 droid is a POTJ one painted black and looks real spiffy. The Vader is an Emperorer's Wrath Vader from POTJ without the lightning effect in his head. His hand is still very cool and removable.

Not bad for about 5 bucks a figure for army building potential. If i find another i'm grabbing it cuz it's too cool.

c_richards
05-28-2003, 12:38 PM
IG-89-

Maybe I am being rather cynical now since I haven't found anything in the longest time, but I just wasn't impressed with this set.

I'm just not impressed. I thought the Stormtrooper was a re-issued POTF II Comm-Tech version, however I could be wrong!!!

I'm sure the Bounty Hunter pack will be re-issues as well. If it looks like the other, I might just pass on this as well.

I did see the 12" Gammorean Guard at KB Toys in Newark yesterday. It's not a bad looking figure, but the price of $29.99 in my opinion is a bit steep considering what it is!!!!!

It's very well sculpted and detailed, but I can't justify $32.46 (price after tax) for a Pig-Gaurd! :)

Pellaeon
05-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Chiming in.

Well, based on C_Richards find of the TRU Imperial 4-pack, I picked up one at the Emeryville TRU.

Although one can say these are repaints or frankenstein figures, given the AT-AT commander and the R4-19, I thought it a good purchase.

I agree with c_richards on the bounty hunter set, though. All you get new is the swoop. Now they are coming out with a Hoth Battle set. Once again, rehashes with the exception of the orange see through domed R2. Gotta love those astromechs!

c_richards
05-28-2003, 06:53 PM
It also has the TaunTaun with sliced open belly and "guts" which has never been produced since the early 80's. This set might be worth picking up since it is a new TaunTaun, Astromech, and the others.

jedibear
06-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Thanks to Grayhank, I'm the proud owner of the 12" Gammorrean Guard, this summer's KB exclusive.

This figure is a long-time "want" of mine and I gotta say it does not disappoint! Not since Han Solo galloped up the aisles at "Toys R Us" all those years ago has an entry in the Action Collection been this good! My lightsaber is raised to Hasbro for the TLC that went into bringing this green giant to life. Great detailing, superb well done costume, TWO great accessories (his hatchet & his force-pike) and a nice wrap-around package (that wasn't beat to he** like so many other Saga entries of late).

My thanks again to Grayhank for picking up one of these bad boys for me. Hope you all find this guy....even those who don't normally go for the Action Collection should appreciate this entry!

Brainiak76
06-01-2003, 02:32 AM
yeah it is nice i saw like 3each in 2 diff kbs..but i dunno its $30 i think this is goin be around all summer!

jedibear
06-02-2003, 02:16 AM
oops...I made an error. He comes with two hachets.
Also...our area TRUS got the Imp 4-packs. However they all looked like they'd been in a cage with a Rancor....

comdes
06-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Just got back from the Winchester TRU and there were 2-3 Imperial 4-packs hidden behind the 12" G.I. Joes. There was still no new stuff on the pegs, just tons of force flipping Count Dookus.

fightoned
06-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks I got one of those at the WInchester TRU. I loved the r2 unit. Can't get enough of those droids.

comdes
06-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Just got back from the Redwood City TRU and didn't find any new figures, but they did have a ton of the imperial 4-packs and full pegs of unleashed Anakins, Mace Windus, and Darth Tyranuses.

Brainiak76
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
man are the unleashed ever goin go on sale??

i always go to the redwood tru!! comdes do you live near there?

i live in foster city!!

fightoned
06-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I just got a case from Kebco! So I have some doubles if anyone wants to buy them from me. How about $6.25 each? Anyway here is the list of what I have:
Yoda & Chian
Barriss Offee
SP-4 & JN-66
Aayla Secura
Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase

You'll just have to drive down to SJ to get them.

Later,
Ed

Brainiak76
06-11-2003, 08:15 PM
where in san jo u at?? im interested in the aayla and yoda/chian

fightoned
06-12-2003, 11:39 PM
I am kind of interested in selling all at one shot. But I am near 280 and Saratoga.

c_richards
06-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Greetings all.
Sorry for the lack posts, but with this drout, I figured why depress you all even more with my stories of finding NOTHING! :)

Well.... today is different.... sort of. I did find a new figure, but it's not a 2003. I found a Red Battle Droid on a single card (2002/#11) at the Target in Newpark Mall. Of course, I snatched this puppy up immediately, and talk about good timing... I beat out a Toy Pirate by a few moments!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to find any new '03 Saga line in the retail shops. I recently got the Leia Unleashed and Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon from BBTS. Seems like online is the only way I can snag any of these figures.... my next step is to order an entire freaking case!!!!!

Well... until the next time...
MTFBWY!!!

Brainiak76
06-17-2003, 05:23 PM
u kno what i think the red battle droid is packed in w/ the aayla, barris, yoda/chian, padawan 2pk, lama su ...col 03 wave!

im not sure but everyone that got the above figs also got the red battle droid or saw it in the same case!

where did you get this at? nice find!!

c_richards
06-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Brainiak76-

"I found a Red Battle Droid on a single card (2002/#11) at the Target in Newpark Mall."

It was the only one of them left. They had a few other figures like the Red Clone Trooper, a Jango Fett (Pilot), but no '03 figures..... If they were there.... they were long gone after I got there!!!!!!!

comdes
06-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Anyone have any positive/negative experiences trying to ask target customer service if they had any new figures in the stock room? I've tried using the customer service red phones at a couple of targets and while they did come and talk with me within 60 seconds, they weren't successful in locating any new stock. Does anyone know target employees and if it's worth even asking them?

c_richards
06-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I know a lot of Team Members from the Target in San Leandro (Hesperian).

I can usually ask them and they will check for me.... of course I used to work there... however, most of the time... even they aren't the most helpful people.

My advice is start to build a friendship with a Team Member... do the same at Wally World. Half the toy crew knows me at Wally World and they will look for stuff... or tell me when new things have come in... in the past.

Whatever you do... don't get ticked off at them or accuse them of not stocking... that for sure will get your name put on a list of people NOT to help! There isn't an "official list" but team members do talk.. and word gets out quick when they have a "guest" treat them like crap!!!!!!

Another thing... don't bribe them either.... they can't take it. Some of them will sneak about and try to help you.. but in the long run, you'll get yourself screwed! And most importantly.. if you can, ask to talk to a Team Leader! (Managers).... they may not help you up front, but if you talk with them, and tell them what you are trying to do... I found a lot of them will help you in some respect!!!!!

Hope the info helps...

comdes
06-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by c_richards
I know a lot of Team Members from the Target in San Leandro (Hesperian).

I can usually ask them and they will check for me.... of course I used to work there... however, most of the time... even they aren't the most helpful people.

My advice is start to build a friendship with a Team Member... do the same at Wally World. Half the toy crew knows me at Wally World and they will look for stuff... or tell me when new things have come in... in the past.

Whatever you do... don't get ticked off at them or accuse them of not stocking... that for sure will get your name put on a list of people NOT to help! There isn't an "official list" but team members do talk.. and word gets out quick when they have a "guest" treat them like crap!!!!!!

Another thing... don't bribe them either.... they can't take it. Some of them will sneak about and try to help you.. but in the long run, you'll get yourself screwed! And most importantly.. if you can, ask to talk to a Team Leader! (Managers).... they may not help you up front, but if you talk with them, and tell them what you are trying to do... I found a lot of them will help you in some respect!!!!!

Hope the info helps...

Thanks C_Richards!! Very helpful info!
Also, just got back from Sunnyvale TRU and they have a bunch of the new 12" figures including Han Solo and Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise). They also had about 4 of the Imperial 4-packs. But no new figures! I did ask one of the employees and he said they just got a truck full of new Star wars stuff and they haven't unpacked it yet, but to check back in a day or so. This might be it!!

c_richards
06-18-2003, 11:22 AM
No problem.

Just treat all the other employees well, and you should do fine. It makes them WANT to serve you better. They are so used to being looked down on, and being told they don't know anything, which we all know is 99% true!! :)

Just as long as you don't demand anything, or act like a real arse-clown to any of them... you should be cool.

Also... if you ever get a chance to see or meet one, talk to the Hasbro Rep. He/She may not be able to pull out figures for you, but they might know what's in the back.

If you should decide to call a store and ask if anything is in... that's pretty much a losing battle. 9 times out of 10, the answer is, "you need to come in and see what we have." And even if you get the 10th answer of, "Yes, we have the new figures.." You have to deal with the follow-up, "But we can't hold them or put any aside for you!"

So... just use your judgment, and good luck in future hunts...

Just be aware of Toy Pirates... Those scoundrels will stop at nothing to ensure they get the new stuff first, and leave behind all the crappy and messed up figures!

fightoned
06-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey I went to TRU sunnyvale yesterday and the day before. There were lots of new 12" figs and the imperial 4pack but NO NEW 3/4" figures!

comdes
06-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by fightoned
Hey I went to TRU sunnyvale yesterday and the day before. There were lots of new 12" figs and the imperial 4pack but NO NEW 3/4" figures!
I also visited the sunnyvale TRU the last couple of days and didn't see a single new figure. When I asked the customer service person if they had any new figures in or were they having any come in soon, she said she couldn't say because of all the "collectors." In fact, she went on to say, there's a line every morning of "collectors" looking for new figures there! I think she needs to understand the difference between "collectors" and "scalpers!" No wonder TRU posted a million dollar loss this quarter!! When are they going to get it??? By not catering to the "collectors" it creates a niche market for online retailers and that's money they're missing out on! Wake up TRU!

c_richards
06-20-2003, 01:21 PM
While it's true they do have a line of Pirates out the door everyday, she could have at least given you a clue as to when they MIGHT expect new stuff in.

Sorry that one didn't go so well. I find thought that if you don't deal with the customer service desk jockeys and deal with some of the floor personell, you might get a bit further. Of course, the real trick is finding one that will help you.

Like I said, just start to build a repore with them. Let them see you as a good guy, and not a pirate/scalper.

Sorry you got shot down on the outting... but keep trying. Remember... these people, even the desk jockeys, are subjected to this stuff all the time... so try to keep a cool head, and don't demand anything from them.

If they tell you that they can't give you that information because of all the collectors, just say, "Oh, ok thanks for the help." and walk away... that way at least you are seen as a nice guy. Most of these scalpers/pirates are real arse-clowns!

Hope the info helps!!! :)

BobaBoy
06-23-2003, 05:37 PM
hey fightoned I wanted to know if you still have those new figures for sale, if so i will buy em except for barris offee, i picked her up at the target in cupertino a few weeks ago, but beyond that no new stuff at that target. email me if you still have em at bobaboy@concentric.net if i have to take the barris offee then i will, i mean you can't have enough carded figures can you? i personally am an opener.... and i live right near valley fair less than 2 blocks from saratoga and 280

fightoned
06-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BobaBoy
hey fightoned I wanted to know if you still have those new figures for sale, if so i will buy em except for barris offee, i picked her up at the target in cupertino a few weeks ago, but beyond that no new stuff at that target. email me if you still have em at bobaboy@concentric.net if i have to take the barris offee then i will, i mean you can't have enough carded figures can you? i personally am an opener.... and i live right near valley fair less than 2 blocks from saratoga and 280

All I have left is Barriss Offee, SP-4 & JN-66, Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase. If you want the driods and Padme that is fine with me. Man you are right near me then. Send me a PM but post here first so I remember to look at my PMs.

BobaBoy
06-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Hey man i left you an Email, hope to hear from your soon. ~ Cruz

Lone Jedi
07-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Well sorta……today Hayward TRU had one peg labeled figure multi-pack $10.99. I’m assuming this is for the Clonetrooper/Droid/Jedi 3-packs from the Clone Wars line. Of course when I got there, the peg was empty. Anyone here lucky enough to snag these?
Bayfair Target had one each of the repackaged Luke and Vader Throne Room Duel Lightsabers, but no new figures.

Brainiak76
07-09-2003, 05:37 PM
found some CW stuff! no clone trooper 3 packs just sepratist forces and droid launchers!!! I also found the HD 5 pack and ML series 4 TONS OF BEASTS!!

c_richards
07-09-2003, 05:50 PM
found some CW stuff! no clone trooper 3 packs just sepratist forces and droid launchers!!! I also found the HD 5 pack and ML series 4 TONS OF BEASTS!!

Where did you find them?

Brainiak76
07-10-2003, 01:17 PM
tru in daly city!!

the new packaging is DOPE! it really does stick out when you see the whole display!!

HAS ANYONE BEEN FINDING THE NEWER WAVES AT TARGET?

c_richards
07-10-2003, 01:37 PM
tru in daly city!!

the new packaging is DOPE! it really does stick out when you see the whole display!!

HAS ANYONE BEEN FINDING THE NEWER WAVES AT TARGET?
I still haven't found JACK!!!!!!

The last item I got was a red/rust battle droid!

This is really starting to tick me off!!!!!!!

Lone Jedi
07-11-2003, 02:21 AM
I’m missing something………..what are “HD 5 pack and ML series 4 TONS OF BEASTS!!” ?

I’m with you, c_richards, except I haven’t even seen the red battle droid. The last things I bought at retail were the Anakin and Tyranus speederbikes. Now that I’ve gone back to work, I have no time to hit stores except on the weekends. What good is $35 an hour when you can’t find anything to spend it on (sarcasm)?!?!?

Brainiak76
07-11-2003, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Lone Jedi]I’m missing something………..what are “HD 5 pack and ML series 4 TONS OF BEASTS!!” ?

helms deep 5 pack LOTR!!

marvel legends series 4 they had a ton of beast figs and noone else!

Brainiak76
07-14-2003, 04:21 PM
New Figs found!!

Target: NOTHING

TRU: no new CW figs, only jedi starfighter and AAT

KB: alot of the same old CRAP

WM: found throne room luke and vader, snowtrooper, rehash jango and c3po, han hoth, mynock chewy, boba POC, flying r2!

The new packages are so dope!! It really does stand out!

oh and i also found ML elektra at WM also!

c_richards
07-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Still nothing found on this end of the galaxy....
This is really starting to get me really really ticked off!!!!!!!!

However, on a happy note... I am building a lightsaber hilt out of household items. :) The main housing unit is a sink pipe!

I'm planning on taking pictures of the building process and posting them on my site. As soon as I do, I'll post a link here for you all to see!!!! :)

It's not really a replica of any one person's saber, but more of a custom saber based on several different designs, and a few ideas I had floating in my head!!!

Brainiak76
07-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Hey is anyone here heading down south to SDCC??

Lone Jedi
07-19-2003, 11:20 PM
I saw the Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter and AAT at the Hayward TRU today. The boxes’ conditions didn’t meet my criteria for buying so I passed.

Brainiak76
07-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Wow comic con was tite!! way to crowded but was tite overall!!

heres some pics of the exc's i managed to pick up!! I swear i waited in lines at least 1.5 hours to 2 hours!! No Joke!!

c_richards
07-21-2003, 11:18 AM
I finally got 2 new figures this weekend. I got them at a show, but I still got them. I boycotted all pirates, and bought them from a dealer that didn't seem to specialize in them but more the Die-Cast cars.

I picked up the Research Droid pack, and Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremonny).

Padme looks nothing like Natalie Portman, and the droids look really good! It's too bad they can't make a lot of the human figures look like their on screen counter parts. Some of them really do come close, and then there are others that seem to really miss the mark!

However, I am happy I got my hands on 2 new figures.

fightoned
07-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey,
Just got back from the east coast and we stopped in the TRU in Times Square. They had ATT and blue starfighter along with Han, Leia, Wat Tambor, Padme Wedding, Luke, Vader, Battle Droids... of course we were leaving that day and couldn't pack anything but a Wat Tambor. The irritating thing is here was all this product but why isn't it anywhere else in the US? This is so frustrating.

Grayhank
07-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey,
Just got back from the east coast and we stopped in the TRU in Times Square. They had ATT and blue starfighter along with Han, Leia, Wat Tambor, Padme Wedding, Luke, Vader, Battle Droids... of course we were leaving that day and couldn't pack anything but a Wat Tambor. The irritating thing is here was all this product but why isn't it anywhere else in the US? This is so frustrating.

Actually all those figures were at Target today up here in the North Bay. The sad part about that is I just spent 80.00 at ComicCon for a whole case of Collection 2, but that is typical after I go down there and spend huge sums of money. So you should start seeing Collection 1 as well because I bought those too! At least I now have '03 #1-27.

c_richards
07-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Actually all those figures were at Target today up here in the North Bay. The sad part about that is I just spent 80.00 at ComicCon for a whole case of Collection 2, but that is typical after I go down there and spend huge sums of money. So you should start seeing Collection 1 as well because I bought those too! At least I now have '03 #1-27.

I know my "drought" had ended yesterday when I went to Target near my office and found 4 new figures:
Ashla & Jempa
Lama Su with Clone Youth
Wat Tambor
and Coleman Trebor.

Granted, I have a lot of really big freaking holes in my 2003 set right now, but I plan to drop a few bucks when I am on vacation for new figures, if they have them!!!!

At least now I have a total of 7 new figures. The 4 mentioned above, and also:
Boba Fett (Pit of Carkoon)
Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremony)
and finally JP-4 & SN-66 (Research Droids).

Lastly, I got an e-mail from a buddy of mine who went to the SD Comic Convention last weekend. He not only was able to snag a Silver Fett for me, but told me he had it Autographed by Jeremy Bulloch!!!!

I can now die a happy man! :)

jedibear
07-28-2003, 02:24 AM
...if you miss 'em, you've missed 'em! Both of my area Targets BONE DRY when I got to 'm....

grrr...

oh, forgot to mention..I was at SD ComicCon too overpaying for stuff and being teased by the Hasbro displays. Some nice lookin' stuff supposedly coming our way (if our northbay stores will get more than one case of it that is)....

c_richards
07-28-2003, 11:38 AM
...if you miss 'em, you've missed 'em! Both of my area Targets BONE DRY when I got to 'm....
JediBear-

Maybe I am interpretting your post wrong, but you sound like you are saying that if I never got Padme (Droid Factory Chase) or Obi-Wan (Acklay Battle) then I'm SOL.

I refuse to believe that is the case. I simply think that newer cases are being sent (in very very low quantities) and are being bought up as soon as they are unpacked!

I'm fairly confidant that I'll still be able to get my hands on some of the older 2003's w/o having to resort to paying scalper/pirate prices!

Hopefully your scenario is not the case, otherwise I am really really going to be upset with Hasbro, Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, etc. and I plan to send them all a very nice "flaming" note telling them to get their thumbs out of their bottoms!!!!

Brainiak76
07-28-2003, 07:17 PM
found clone wars three packs but at 12.99..so i passed and also saw wat tombor, padme wedding, colemen trebor, yoda/padawan but all the packages were smashed or bent so i passed!!

c_richards
07-28-2003, 07:58 PM
also saw wat tombor, padme wedding, colemen trebor, yoda/padawan but all the packages were smashed or bent so i passed!!

Brainiak76-

Can you please do us a favor, and tell us what stores you find these figures at? Even though you passed on them, and they might be a bit crunched it's still a nice idea to divulge where you saw them.

THX

fightoned
07-28-2003, 11:38 PM
I forgot to mention that last Thursday at KB Toys Vallco Mall I saw remnants of the new wave with only Han Solo and Darth Maul left over. KB also had the army builder packs, blue star fighter, the AAT.

I picked up the AAT and clones/battle droids/destroyer droid launcher army builder! I am so happy to finally find an AAT. I am happy Hasbro repacks some of their older stuff.

Later.

Grayhank
07-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Here's a quick reality check for anyone holding out for newer figures in Mint-Near Mint looking condition...don't count on it. I would strongly suggest you grab any new figure you may not have in any condition.

The new figures are packed so tight in each case that just by applying the slightest bit of pressure on the case will cause most of the blisters to crush or have dings etc. There were MANY dealers selling the newer waves in San Diego and about 80% were flawed in some manner.

All the figures I've seen on the pegs in the last week have been this way also.

Brainiak76
07-29-2003, 06:37 AM
found these at southland mall

Brainiak76
07-29-2003, 06:41 AM
Here's a quick reality check for anyone holding out for newer figures in Mint-Near Mint looking condition...don't count on it. I would strongly suggest you grab any new figure you may not have in any condition.

The new figures are packed so tight in each case that just by applying the slightest bit of pressure on the case will cause most of the blisters to crush or have dings etc. There were MANY dealers selling the newer waves in San Diego and about 80% were flawed in some manner.

All the figures I've seen on the pegs in the last week have been this way also.

NOT TRUE......i found some like this but not all!! I found throne room vader wave at least three to four cases in minty mint cond!! Not a flaw on any of those figs!

found the newer figs at kb at southland mall!

c_richards
08-01-2003, 11:41 AM
When I picked up my figures (Target, Fremont Hub)

They weren't too bad. 2 of them had a slight bubble crunch, but all the cards were mint.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a few new figures this weekend! :)

Lone Jedi
08-02-2003, 05:31 PM
I saw the Clone Wars Gunship at the Hayward TRU……a bit pricey at $29.99 but it was in a good box, so I bought it. I also saw two of them at the Bay Fair Target for the same price. I picked up the Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter and AAT at that Target as well since they were in good boxes and $19.99 each (cheaper than TRU’s smashed ones). I picked up the last Han Hoth, Chewie Mynock Hunt, and Vader Throne Room at the San Leandro Target. No signs of the Geonosian War Room or Jedi Council sets. Bay Fair and Southland KB’s had cleared out most of their old saga stuff with only a few left-over Clone Wars Droid 3-packs and Droideka Launchers in stock. No signs of the TIE Fighter.

jedibear
08-04-2003, 12:50 AM
....regrettfully the figures ARE packed pretty tight, so if you DO luck out & find some mint ones, consider yourself VERY lucky.

Speaking of lucky...I finally had some today. The Windsor WM actually had a few figures from the Han Hoth wave (and some were in good shape). I picked up the Vader, Luke, Mynock Chewie, Threepio & Jango...all in decent shape (he Vader had a little crease in the bubble). I was astonished to find these at 5PM sunday evening...which is good news for folks like me that because of work cannot hit the stores at opening time.
Our Targets are still bare (Grayhank was the lucky on there last week spotting wave 13...grr I want that Wat Tambor!) but no sign of anything the times I've checked (not even shelf tags for the Screen Scenes or any new tags on the pegs...isn't it about time for them to reset soon?)
Our SR TRU has been zero on carded figures but they did get in the CloenWar repack ship n' tank and the latest "Unleashed" wave (the Luke one)...I gotta do a little shilling here real quick...
Do yourselvs a favor...if you see the Luke & Obi-Wan Unleashed figures, grab them! Even if you've not bothered with this line, these two entries are too cool. The Obi-Wan is bar-none, the best rendition of Ewan's portrayal of the character to date & the Luke is truly "Unleashed" leaping perfection! Freed from the package, they both are great eye-catchers! (I know, I know..that belongs in the "reviews" section...okay back to my "Area Report"...
Thanks also to Grayhank for the heads-up on his KB store getting in the repacked TIE Fighter. It's a good-news bad-news situation though...the retooled cockpit of the TIE looks great in the very imaginative packaging, the same packaging will next to impossible to find in MINT condition because of the wrap-around bubble. Sigh.
Okay gang...I've blabbed on like certain Protocall Droid on overdrive, so I'm off....

Lone Jedi
08-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Speaking of the Unleashed line, Emeryville TRU had plenty of Obi-Wans and three or so each of Luke and Sidious this afternoon. All were in excellent shape, but I passed on them since I find the Unleashed line unappealing. They had plenty of peg-warming Droid Launchers, but no Clone packs.

c_richards
08-06-2003, 04:59 PM
I just got back from Disneyland and picked up the last 3 STAR TOURS droid figures: G2-9T, R5-D2, and SK-Z38. I also picked up 4 of the Indiana Jones figures (not star wars, but still Lucas had a hand in it!)

Lastly I picked up STAR WARS Chess today at Target in Newpark Mall, Newark. They had about 3 left, and are going for $29.99 a piece.

The figures/pieces appear to be made of pewter or some sort of metal as the box has a lot of weight behind it!

Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Pellaeon... I got your sets for you... and will meet up with you as we discussed!!!!!

All sets survived the travel process...

Lastly.... I picked up the larger Starspeeder toy. This is the one that comes with a little Capt. Rex figure, door open, lights go off and makes noise. The noises are:
"Welcome aboard... this is Capt. Rex in the Cockpit"
R2's whistles and beeps
Engines
and Capt. Rex screaming "Lightspeed" then hearing the jump!

Not bad recordings either.... it sounds just like the ride! :)

c_richards
08-11-2003, 11:32 AM
MOTHER LOADE!!!!!!

I hit Target in Fremont on Friday, and walked out with 7 new STAR WARS figures.

In no particular order, they are:
Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt
Han Solo - Hoth Rescue
Luke Skywalker - Throne Room Battle
Darth Vader - Throne Room Battle
C-3PO - Tatooine Ambush
R2-D2 - Droid Factory Flight
Snowtrooper - Battle of Hoth

All cards and bubbles were in really decent shape! :)

It's been a good week for STAR WARS! :)

till the next time.

jedibear
08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Well...

Most the stores up here have finished their resets. Both our WM's SW sections are almost nonexistant. One row of pegs and a spot on the shelf for lightsabers.
The Targets are faring a little better...the pegspace is there, but the only thing that has been hanging around just a bit are the latest collection one wave (Jedi Luke et al). They've also had (or still have) the re-issued jedi fighter/tank/gunship.
Our SR TRU has shrunk it's SW section down to two racks of pegs (still containing those poor saga palpys) one peg for Unleashed (the Sidious was the newset thing there) and a small section of shelf for the sabers and 12" figures. No new single figures period.
Grayhank told me our Targets have had the Screen Scenes, but alas our local ebay/flea market scalpers have gobbled 'em all up, so I'm still waiting... He also mentioned KMart had the CW three packs (sans Jedi) so stuff is slowly trickling out up this way...KBs got more of the TIE Fighter exclusives with sckrunched packaging.
Sigh...here's hoping the floodgates open soon (or at least the trickle turns into a flow....)

fightoned
08-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I found the Bounty Hunter set at TRU Sunnyvale today. There was only one left behind all the Death Star sets.

I also found Han Hoth, Chewie?Mynok, Boba Fett Pit escape, Anakin secret cerimony, Count Dooku, Luke throne room at Walmart Mt View today. There were lots of all at Walmart!

Finally I am finding stuff. There are a few I am still missing but am not too stressed about it.

Good luck all!

c_richards
09-02-2003, 11:54 AM
I am noticing a lot of new items coming out.

Last Friday, I was able to pick up Wat Tambor, Coleman Trebor, Mace Windu (Geonosis Battle), Darth Tyrannus (Geonosian Escape), WA-7 (Dexter's Diner), Lt. Dannl Faytonni (Coruscant Outlander Club), and lastly The Emperor (Throne Room). (All finds were at Target near my office)

Stuff is slowly trickling out as I has stated previously. I just thought it would have come out a bit sooner than it has!!!!

Also, thanks to Pelleaon, I have been able to get my hands on the new Cinema Scenes and a few of the Army Packs.

Hopefully, we'll continue to see new items hitting the floor but in more of a "torrent" versus a "trickle".

Brainiak76
09-02-2003, 04:58 PM
where is your office located at? which targets?

c_richards
09-02-2003, 05:34 PM
where is your office located at? which targets?

I hit the Newpark Mall Target quiet a bit, plus I hit the one out in Hayward off the Whipple Exit on 880.

Of course, there are other Targets out there in my area that I hit, but those 2 I hit the most! :)

fightoned
09-03-2003, 01:30 AM
I found WA-7 (Dexter's Diner) and Lt. Dannl Faytonni (Coruscant Outlander Club) at the Target in SJ at Westgate on Monday Morning! Slowly finding stuff!

Grayhank
09-03-2003, 10:11 AM
I too found WA-7, Dannl Faytonni, The Emperor and Tatooine Luke (reissue) at Target up here in the N.Bay. Strangely there were no Vader's considering that this too is a reissue. There was another collector there (who I have never seen before) who had an armful of figures by the time I got there. We Star Wars fans are a fickle bunch. I can't believe that the Snowtrooper seems to be the one new figure that sits around the most. I believe this to be one of the nicest figures in that wave. Also, I know that C-3PO is a reissue but am still surprised that this is the one figure that is pegwarming considering we have not had a "gold" C-3PO since the POTF2 line. He never appeared in the POTJ line at all.

TRU had the Bounty Hunter 4-Pack and a couple of Han & AT-ST Driver 12" figures.

Wal-Mart had nothing but empty pegs. Not a single Star Wars item of any kind.

My A-Wing Fighter arrived from Target Direct.com. Arrived in near perfect condition. The figure looks like a nice sculpt but could possible be a resculpt of one of the Rebel Pilots from the Cinema Scene. I haven't looked too closely at that yet to confirm.

Have been finding many figures at K-Mart lately. Found the CW Clone Trooper Army Builder set with Blue Trooper there. Still no sign of the Jedi 3-Pack though.

The KB store that I work in has not had any new figures since last Christmas. The last new figures we received were the '02 Yoda/Jedi Council, Republic Gunship Pilot, Destroyer Droid wave. Seems we continually get in the Orn Free Ta, Teemto, Ki-Adi-Mundi waves on every truck. The one case of figures we got last week still had the "Shelf date no earlier than April 23, 2002" label on it which contained Yoda, Count Dooku and Anakin Hanger.

comdes
09-04-2003, 08:31 PM
SW figs on sale at KB in Great Mall for $2.99! Deluxe for $4.99 including two clone scout bikes. Plenty of the new tie fighters as well! Happy Hunting!

jedibear
09-07-2003, 01:01 AM
I found the Screen Scenes at the SR TRU. I've had no luck at our area Targets for ANYTHING. Guess you gotta hit 'em when they open which between work and visiting family members hasn't happened for me lately. I saw the Bounty Hunter pack at TRU but passed because it was pretty beat up. Aurra's swoop looked better than the pics though although it's doubtful if she can actually ride the thing (Has anyone given that a try yet?)
The Windsor WM had plenty of the Secret Ceremony Ani wave last week, including several BlueCoat Hans.
Hope to see some of those new single-carded figures for myself someday soon...

stormie
09-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi all. Long time, no post, eh?
Anyways, to make a long story short, due to unforeseen events, I've pretty much hung up my collecting shoes since late 2002. Yes, haven't bought or even looked for anything new since November 2002...on purpose! I've moved to new digs in San Jose, and realized I just have too, too much SW stuff, and too, too few dollars. So, I'm pretty much liquidating all my modern collection, and wanted to know if any of you have any wants. I have a ton of loose, complete figures, etc. and a ton more of carded stuff (all up to about November of 2002). Instead of posting the entire long (very long) list of what I have, feel free to just email me what you're looking for. Or, you can mosey on over to the forums on another SW site (Rebelscum) and look at the Modern Classifieds section where I've posted my for-sale lists (same user name for me over there). As far as shipping, etc. I probably won't be able to meet up with anyone in-person because of the lack of time I currently have (plus, I take Caltrain to work every day), but I live near the Arena in SJ, so I might just be able to quickly meet someone nearby on a Saturday or something; otherwise, I can easily ship on Saturdays.

Okay, sorry for the ad. Let me know if anyone's looking for anything. Take care all!
-Bob

Grayhank
09-11-2003, 10:07 PM
The last couple of days have been pretty good for finding new stuff up here in the north bay.

Yesterday I found the second set of screen scenes (Jedi Council #2 and Geonosian Chamber #2) at Target.

Today I found the ARC Trooper, Yoda and Anakin from the Clone Wars line, also at Target. They also had the WA-7 wave.

At TRU I found the Hoth 4-Pack.

Looks like things are finally starting to show up, I just wish KB's would get things rolling along too. Got 2 more cases of the Orn Free Ta wave in at our store. I wonder just how many of those cases Hasbro put into production because there seems to be a never ending supply of them.

c_richards
09-12-2003, 11:37 AM
I just wish KB's would get things rolling along too. Got 2 more cases of the Orn Free Ta wave in at our store. I wonder just how many of those cases Hasbro put into production because there seems to be a never ending supply of them.

Grayhank...
That's cool you're finding all the stuff! As far as your store getting the Orn free Taa wave consistantly. Don't be upset with Hasbro, get mad at your distribution center. They ultimately send you the stuff! It sounds like they have pallet after pallet of this wave, and need to send them back to Hasbro for credit so you guys can get the newer figures!

When I was with Target, one thing I was witness to was the occasional pulling of "Peg Warmers" by Target Team Members, and shipping them back to Hasbro (via request or authorization by the Hasbro Rep) for store credit. From there, our Distribution Centers would also send back cases of the same waves, and in turn we'd get cases of new figures shipped out to our store ASAP!

I'm sure I didn't need to tell you all that, but for the others that read the posts and may not know that the stores do not deal with Hasbro directly, but only via distribution centers and all that happy garbage! :)

Grayhank
09-12-2003, 09:29 PM
You misunderstand my post C. I wasn't blaming Hasbro for our store getting that wave over and over. I was wondering how many cases of that wave Hasbro put into production. Usually Hasbro will make a certain alotment of each wave then basically retire the figures (let's say 50,000 cases is a typical number). This wave I'm talking about seems to go on endlessley like they upped production to 80,000 or more (Hasbro doesn't reveal their actual production numbers). That's about all I can blame Hasbro for, making too many of a specific wave. I know the real problems lie with the distribution center...

It is widely known that most stores have sent back all their pegwarmer excess. KB's does not work that way, however. In fact the opposite happens, they buy the stuff that all the other stores do not want or send back (can you say Imperial Shuttle and FAO Schwartz). Which is also why KB's has the value 4-Packs. It's all those figures that the other stores sent back. I have gotten to the point where I will customize sets of those figures for customers to get rid of them. So now we have an endless supply of 4-Packs of figures that nobody wants anymore (including many with figures from that wave that I already mentioned) plus the cases of that same wave. I wish we COULD send the stuff back! We have even gotten things in our store that were in blue Wal-Mart boxes as well as items labeled TRU Exclusive.

What I also know happens at KBs is that if someone buys an item like one figure from a wave, the warehouse will send another whole box of the same wave to replace the one figure that has been sold. So it's great that we're selling figures right now for $1.99 each but they are getting replaced by the same figures.

The next time my DSM comes to our store, I am going to try and ask him if he can do anything about what the warehouse sends us. I will also let him know that there have been close to 40 new figures that have come out since the last "newest" one our store recieved. (That figure incidently was 02/53 Yoda.)

I'm sorry about rambling on about this, I know it belongs in another forum. Just thought I needed to clarify it a little better.

Also, I didn't find anything today.

Grayhank
09-13-2003, 05:09 PM
More finds today:

Found the Clone Wars Value Packs at Wal-Mart.

Found the Geonosian Starfighter and Hailfire Droid at Target.

Looks like the draught is over!

Lone Jedi
09-15-2003, 04:36 AM
Likewise, Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Starfighter found at Target. Also picked up Geonosian War Chamber 2 (with damaged bubble…..agh, WHY do people destroy what they cannot afford to buy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?) at Target. Clone Wars figures have hit KB; I picked up Anakin and Yoda…..missed the ARC Trooper.

fightoned
09-21-2003, 11:14 PM
I too found the war room and jedi council #2s but I never saw the #1s. Has anyone seen these yet?

Walmart MT. View is terrible. I never see those new two packs.

Lone Jedi
09-22-2003, 01:49 AM
Same goes for the SL Wal*Mart. I told myself long ago that I would never go back there since I never find any of their exclusives. I went in last week because I had to go to Costco across the street; the stock lady had no idea what the Clone Wars value packs were.

I have not yet seen Jedi Council #2, but the Emeryville TRU had a few of Jedi Council #1 and Geonosian War Chamber #1 last week. It seems like TRU is getting wave 1, while Target is getting wave 2.

jedibear
09-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Lucked out and found the Geonosian Fighter & Halfire Droid at SR Target today. Was fortunate to snag two mint ones, but gotta warn you all...they are back to using the flimsy thin boxes for ships/vehicles again...
The Target also had the Clone Wars figures (Yoda, Ani, ARC) and alot of the Screen Scenes (Both sets). Most of the screen scenes pretty banged up however...but it was nice to see some fresh product on the shelves/pegs after so long...

Grayhank
10-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Hi all,

Looks like it's been awhile since anybody has posted anything for our area. I haven't found anything new (haven't really been out looking), but my KB Store finally got 2 cases of '03 recent waves in yesterday, first time since last Christmas.

Case Breakdown 84861A00F C2 W5R4 '03

1 Aayla Secura
1 Bariss Offee
1 Yoda & Chian
1 Ashla & Jempa
1 Padme/Secret Ceremony (Wedding Dress)
1 Wat Tambor
1 Coleman Trebor
1 Darth Maul (correctly numbered)
1 Han Solo (correctly numbered)
1 Princess Leia/Imperial Captive
1 WA-7 Waitress Droid
1 Lt. Dannl Faytonni

The only thing of special note is the corrected Maul and Han. All of these figures are back to $5.99. They are not part of what is currently on sale for $2.99.

Lone Jedi
10-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Hey guys, just thought I’d chime in. I found some new stuff over the past few weeks:

El Cerrito Target – Ashla and Jempa, Yoda and Chian, Padme Wedding, Wat Tambor, Coleman Trebor, WA-7, New Emperor, Darth Maul Theed Generator, Han Solo Alderaan Flight

Pittsburg TRU – CLONE WARS Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike, Red Clone Trooper Army, Durge with Swoop

Pittsburg Wal*Mart – CLONE WARS Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu (no Durge or Asajj Ventress)

I am still not able to find the CLONE WARS Bonus Packs, anyone have any luck with these?

Grayhank
10-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Found Clone Army (red), Durge w/Swoop and Clone Trooper w/Speeder at KBs and K-Mart.

Case breakdown:

84845 000 4 W3R2 '03

2 Clone Army (red)
2 Durge w/Swoop
2 Clone Trooper w/Speeder

Our Wal-Marts in the North Bay got the value packs in about a month ago. They go pretty quick!

Lone Jedi
11-01-2003, 06:01 PM
I saw remnants of the Faytonni wave and 5 SAGA A-Wings at Bayfair Target this afternoon. The A-wings looked to be in fairly good shape considering the large flimsy window display they have. I passed since I ordered mine off the net earlier on.

c_richards
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I saw remnants of the Faytonni wave and 5 SAGA A-Wings at Bayfair Target this afternoon. The A-wings looked to be in fairly good shape considering the large flimsy window display they have. I passed since I ordered mine off the net earlier on.

I'm sorry for the long vow of slience.... just been busy with work and a lot of other things. The Faytonni wave is pretty cool. Both Pellaeon and I have had that for about 2 or so months. The only one I was disappointed with was the Throne Room Emperor figure. I've since dubbed it "Ring Wraith Palpatine" since I think it looks more like a LOTR Ring Wraith versus Palpatine. It just looks way off!!!!!

No signs of anything new aside from the wave 1 of Clone Wars. I did pick up the 4 Screen Scene packs, (2 Geonosis War Room, 2 Jedi Council), as well as the 3 Clone Wars 3-packs (Jedi, Droid Army, and Clone Troopers).

I did manage to order my Holiday Yoda set (Pellaeon... yours is coming too!). Hopefully with Christmas a scant 55+ days away more and more STAR WARS figures will hit the shelves. However, it looks like 2003 will go down as the year that was darn near impossible to be a collector. I won't be surprised if many of us will not complete our 2003 sets until well into 2004!

Lastly, I got my Silver Fett (thanks to a buddy of mine in Arizona). To top it off, he had Jeremy Bulloch sign it, and sent me the photo to prove it! Finally....thanks to my father..... I scored a really cool book. He got me a book on Vintage STAR WARS Action Figures, and to top it off, he had the author sign it. Turns out, he worked with the Author for a long time, knew he was a HUGE STAR WARS fan, and bought the book from him for me. :) Talk about cool, 8 pages alone of nothing but pictures of every single variant of Kenner figure from 1977 - 1985, then add to that another 10 pages of these figures CARDED!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, this book is thick (256 pages to be exact!). It's a great guide... Indepth, and exceptionally helpful to those that collect the vintage figures too! :)

Take care all, and MTFBWY!

c_richards
11-10-2003, 07:08 PM
I just got back from a scouting run.
I managed to get my hands on 4 figures.
I snagged:

Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
Yoda & Chian (Padawan Lightsaber Training)

Clone Wars
Obi-Wan Keobi (General of the Republic)
Mace Windu (General of the Republic)

Pellaeon - I got an Obi-Wan (General) for you as well.

No Asajj Ventress, Durge, or others (aside from the Ani's and Yodas).

Lone Jedi
11-11-2003, 09:49 PM
What store did you find them at? Hmm if I knew you needed an Aayla and Yoda/Chian, I could’ve hooked you up earlier. :)

Old news for you guys, but I picked up the Clone Wars bonus packs at Bayfair KB and Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter ay Bayfair Target this past weekend.

Anyone find the red ARC Trooper yet?

c_richards
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
What store did you find them at? Hmm if I knew you needed an Aayla and Yoda/Chian, I couldíve hooked you up earlier. :)

Old news for you guys, but I picked up the Clone Wars bonus packs at Bayfair KB and Anakinís Jedi Starfighter ay Bayfair Target this past weekend.

Anyone find the red ARC Trooper yet?

Aayla and Yoda/Chian were found at Suncoast Motion Picture Company in Newark!

As for the Red ARC Trooper. I found 1 at Target in SL, but I passed!!!! It was probably a really stupid mistake on my part.... but such is life! I'm sure I'll probably find one later! :)

jedibear
11-17-2003, 02:32 AM
...Grayhank was telling me he snagged the new Padme and new Clone Wars Mace over the weekend at our area Targets so stuff is starting to trickle in. Even our area TRU got in a case of "new" figures to give those dusty Palpys some company (it was the Repacks/Wedding Padme wave). Also, our Targets have had the Yoda/Chain, Aalya waves pretty regularly too (it was great to FINALLY score unbent cards and openers of these figures after all this time).
The Screen Scenes are starting to sit everywhere (which is too bad...they really are a cool way to end up with soem background characters we'd never see any other way, but after their currently long shelf life, I'd expect to hear this line bites the dust for next year).
Our Targets also got in the Leia SpeederBikes (scored one in excellent shape) and the very nicely repackaged (and re-deco'd) A-Wings. The Anakin Starfighter also made it's bow at Target last week.

Here's hoping that last wave of figures doesn't turn out to be this year's holy grails (I REALLY want that Bail Organa, the Tat-Gown Padme, the McQuarrie Trooper and those two excellent looking dignitaries....sigh...we'll just keep hunting!)

c_richards
11-17-2003, 11:40 AM
Here's hoping that last wave of figures doesn't turn out to be this year's holy grails (I REALLY want that Bail Organa, the Tat-Gown Padme, the McQuarrie Trooper and those two excellent looking dignitaries....sigh...we'll just keep hunting!)

Thanks to Pelleaon, I managed to score some cool figures. a few of which JediBear is looking for. I picked up:
Clone Wars - Asajj Ventress
Saga - Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
Saga - Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
Saga - Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus (Death Star Procession)

All 4 look incredibly cool.... So the new stuff is out there... Hard to find? Sure, worth the search? Without a doubt!

comdes
11-18-2003, 04:31 PM
MV Walmart has Durge/Asajj Ventress wave. I picked up one Asajj, but left another. Also had two Durges, multiple Windus and Kenobis. Lots of new figures including the New Hope Vader and Skywalker.

c_richards
11-18-2003, 05:06 PM
MV Walmart has Durge/Asajj Ventress wave. I picked up one Asajj, but left another. Also had two Durges, multiple Windus and Kenobis. Lots of new figures including the New Hope Vader and Skywalker.

I just got back from Target in Fremont where I picked up a Durge and Asajj. In comparing the single pack Durge to the one that comes packed with his bike... I noticed something entertaining.... the single packed figures forearms are exposed, while the bike packed one is all armor.

Now the question begs to be asked. Which "variant" is the "correct" one? Does he have exposed forearms, or not? In the cartoons so far, he's all covered in armor!

Just a bit entertaining.

fightoned
11-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Found at TRU on Winchester last night:
Clone Trooper on Bike,
Jedi 3-pack,
green clone trooper 3 pack.

It is kind of nice to finally find things!

jedibear
11-23-2003, 01:48 AM
...I've got the latest wave of CW figures.

Found latest "Unleashed"wave at SR TRU (Yoda, Han & Fett)

Still looking for the Bail wave...but we have plenty of the Aalya wave around here now!

Grayhank
11-26-2003, 01:37 AM
Found pieces of the Bail Organa wave at K-Mart today.

Picked up:

Bail Organa
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Imperial Dignatary (Janus)
Obi-Wan/Coruscant Club
Elan Sleazebaggan
Padme/Lar's Homestead

Quick mention about the McQuarrie Stormie. There is a packaging variation where the lightsaber is in hand packaged pointing downwards in a "defense" position, and one with it in hand packaged pointing upwards in an "attack" position. Both have different date stamps on the card back.

K-Mart also had a large abundance of the Durge, Ventress wave of CW figures.

Also, anyone needing the Red Arc Trooper might try looking at Raley's Market. I found a couple there but have yet to see them at any of the regular retail toy stores.

Grayhank
12-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Found the Deluxe General Rieekan w/Tactical Screen at Wal-Mart. Why this figure is a deluxe figure is a mystery to me. Seems to me that Hasbro could have fit the figure w/screen into a basic card instead of charging $9.99 for the deluxe line. At least the card is thick sturdy cardboard.

No sign of the Wampa or C-3PO w/pod.

fightoned
12-07-2003, 12:11 AM
Found the Deluxe General Rieekan w/Tactical Screen at Wal-Mart. Why this figure is a deluxe figure is a mystery to me. Seems to me that Hasbro could have fit the figure w/screen into a basic card instead of charging $9.99 for the deluxe line. At least the card is thick sturdy cardboard.

No sign of the Wampa or C-3PO w/pod.

Hi I found C-3PO and Rieekan at KB Toys at Westgate last night. Nothing else. I was just happy to find these.

c_richards
12-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks to Pelleaon, I was able to get my hands on a Kit Fisto (Clone Wars) and an Ayy Vida. I also managed to find Saesee Tiin, and the "Super Articulated" Clonetrooper at the Target in Bayfair Mall.

Nothing else too exciting around here. No signs of the new Deluxe figures as of yet!

Lone Jedi
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I had the day off today, so I decided to browse around for SW stuff. I went to SL Wal*Mart, SL Target, Bayfair Target, and Bayfair KB. Despite the wet weather, the pegs were dry as a bone. Wal*Mart had nothing but the Lott Dod wave, and I didn’t see anything newer than Clone Wars wave 2 anywhere else. No new Unleashed or Ultra figures seen, and Target was sold out of 12” Leia/Speederbikes and green A-Wings. No luck with the mythical red ARC Trooper, either. Oh well, looks like I’m going back to ordering figures online. Happy Holidays to my fellow Bay Area SW collectors!

c_richards
12-09-2003, 07:21 PM
I had the day off today, so I decided to browse around for SW stuff. I went to SL Wal*Mart, SL Target, Bayfair Target, and Bayfair KB. Despite the wet weather, the pegs were dry as a bone. Wal*Mart had nothing but the Lott Dod wave, and I didnít see anything newer than Clone Wars wave 2 anywhere else. No new Unleashed or Ultra figures seen, and Target was sold out of 12Ē Leia/Speederbikes and green A-Wings. No luck with the mythical red ARC Trooper, either. Oh well, looks like Iím going back to ordering figures online. Happy Holidays to my fellow Bay Area SW collectors!

Did you look up on the top shelves at the Bayfair and SL Target for the A-Wing? Last time I was at the BayFair Target, they still had some left, but they were on the top of a shelf.

Bayfair KB never get's anything in, and if they do, pirates pounce on it before anyone else, or I suspect a few employees there might be collectors themselves.

As for the Unleashed line, they are released very sporadically it appears. I managed to get my hands on the Han Solo, but am still looking for Boba Fett.

Keep looking, hopefully you'll be able to find a few things before too long! :)

comdes
12-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Great Mall KB toys has the new Ultras! Left 2 C3P0s a Reiken, and a Wampa. Also tons of tie fighters. Media Play in the Great Mall has a bunch of Durges, Clone speeder bikes, and one blue trooper 3 pack.

Brainiak76
12-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Whoa sick! thanx for teh heads up! i might have to hit up great mall...then stop by D&B!!

Lone Jedi
12-14-2003, 04:12 PM
While out visiting family for the weekend, I picked up the following at Target and TRU:

Bail Organa
Ayy Vida
Padma Amidala Lars’ Homestead
Obi-Wan Outlander Club
Elan Sleazebaggano without ears
McQuarrie Concept Trooper
Janus Greejatus
Boba Fett Carkoon Gold card with green flight suit
Han Solo Hoth Rescue Gold card with brown coat
Clone Wars Durge
Clone Wars Kit Fisto
Clone Wars Saesee Tiin
Ultra C-3PO
Ultra General Rieekan
Ultra Wampa

I also saw but did not buy (because of damaged cards):

Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony Gold card
Aayla Secura Gold card
Barriss Offee Gold card
Yoda and Chian Gold card
Ashla and Jempa Gold card
Achk-Med Becq

TRU had at least 4 pegs overflowing with Yoda, Han, and Boba Unleashed figures. I also scooped up Transformers G1 commemorative wave VI: Smokescreen and Grapple for a friend.

No Super Clonetroopers, red ARC troopers or Kren Blista-Vanee seen. Now if only I had this kind of luck back home in the Bay Area………..oh well.

Lone Jedi
12-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Picked up Achk Med-Beq, Kren Blista-Vanee, repack Ashla and Jempa at Dublin TRU. Strange how no matter where I go, all the other repacks are damaged (Aayla, Barriss, Yoda/Chian, Anakin Ceremony, etc.), why???????? Also saw the Ultra figure wave, sans Wampa ($11.99 each) and remnants of the Hoth wave (pricey at $6.99) at Stoneridge KB Toys. A guy took the last hoth trooper. No red ARCs seen at Suncoast. :confused:

Pellaeon
12-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Picked up Achk Med-Beq, Kren Blista-Vanee, repack Ashla and Jempa at Dublin TRU.

Merry Christmas to my Northern California collector pals! Its been a VERY long time since I have posted, mainly because I have been busy, but to be honest, my heart at collecting has been seriously dampened with all of the repacks and stuff. I am no longer a completist, and have passed over many figures (Obi Wan's, Mace Windu's, Anakins, Anakins, Anakins, etc....).

Anyway, I too found Achk Med-Beq and Kren Blista at the Dublin TRU PLUS I found figures 1-3 of the 2004 series! K-3PO, Luke Hoth, and Hoth Trooper (passed on this one). Quite surprising.

Well, I wish you all a happy holidays. A special wish to my collecting buddy, C_Richards. Keep safe.

c_richards
12-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, I wish you all a happy holidays. A special wish to my collecting buddy, C_Richards. Keep safe.

Thank you very much Pellaeon, and I wish you the same as well.

Mnay thanks goes out to Pellaeon! Over this past year, he has been able to pick up a good deal of the 2003 Saga figures for me, and his assistance in helping me get the figures I was looking for is greatly appriciated!

Like Pellaeon, I too was a completist early one, however the advent of excessive re-packs and to some extent re-paints has left me asking why. I have become selective in what figures I get, and have passed on many of the re-packs!

Hopefully 2004 will give us more new figures and fewer re-issues!

Finally, I want to wish you all a very happy and safe holiday! Good luck in all your collecting ventures, and lastly...
"May The Force Be With You!"

Grayhank
12-22-2003, 01:28 PM
I found the Hoth Trooper, AckMed, Imperial Dignatary #2, R-3PO, and Hoth Luke at Wal-mart this morning.

Lots of Ultra Deluxe figures up this way. They are overflowing at TRU and Target. Also found the CW Clone Trooper 3-pack w/green trooper at TRU.

I saw the Animated CW Obi-Wan at Target but did not get this one. Don't know if I'm going to collect that line or not.

A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value. So far I've picked up Boba Fett/Carkoon, Hoth Han (brown coat) and Anakin/Secret Ceremony. I too have not seen the repackaged Aayla, Barriss, Yoda, etc in decent condition.

c_richards
12-22-2003, 01:47 PM
A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value.

I think the reason those rose in value considerably was because there were so FEW of them out there unlike the current re-packs. Besides, what's the use of re-issuing a figure that had been out and considered new 6 months before? Perfect example Jango Fett (Kamino Escape). I passed on this one. Why? Because:
1.) I already had the original release
2.) It wasn't re-tooled, re-sculpted or even a re-paint!

Re-packs are simply a way to milk the STAR WARS cash cow for all it's worth. Sure some of them are worth getting, but think about it. What do some of these re-packs offer that the originals didn't? There's no added accessories or articulation points. There's no radically different paint scheme. It's just the same figure on a different card. Wow! It's a different card!

I'm not trying to put you down Grayhank. I just don't share the same amount of enthusiasm for a re-packed figure as you do! I'd rather have new figures, or even a new sculpt of an existing figure like the upcoming Jedi Knight Luke! At least there is a difference, and not simply a repack of a figure offered in the past! :)

Now... re-packs are wonderful if you are a "troop builder". But, that's a different issue all together! :)

Grayhank
12-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Re-packs are simply a way to milk the STAR WARS cash cow for all it's worth. Sure some of them are worth getting, but think about it. What do some of these re-packs offer that the originals didn't? There's no added accessories or articulation points. There's no radically different paint scheme. It's just the same figure on a different card. Wow! It's a different card!

I agree with most of what you are saying. But the one thing that you haven't considered is "new" star wars collectors. What if a person has only just started collecting and hasn't had the opportunity to get some of those older figures. Take for example Luke/Tatooine Encounter. This figure isn't new to me or you, but for someone who may have started collecting in the last year or so, this is their first chance to get that particular figure aside from going to a toy show and searching for the flashback photo card version. I would rather have new figures too instead of reissues but as long as Hasbro continues the line, I don't mind a few reissues here and there.
I think of the cards as an artform. So yes I do get exciting to see changes to cards. Variations are part of collecting.

c_richards
12-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Oh hey... I understand the new collector aspect. There's people joining the "cult" all the time! :)

I just get a bit tired of the frequency. As of late, it seems to be more and more often.

In a perfect world, people would be able to get their hands on all the figures, from 1995 to current, and of course, from 1978 - 1985. :) But... we're not in a perfect world. :) Oh well.

However... there are 4 figures I wouldn't mind seeing re-issued. Sio Bibble, the Pit Droid 2-Pack, Comm-Tech Leia, and Admiral Motti! Reason being I was never able to find these figures since they came at the very end of the run of the line...

If they re-packed them, I'd have no qualms whatsoever!! :)

comdes
12-22-2003, 02:55 PM
I found the Hoth Trooper, AckMed, Imperial Dignatary #2, R-3PO, and Hoth Luke at Wal-mart this morning.

Lots of Ultra Deluxe figures up this way. They are overflowing at TRU and Target. Also found the CW Clone Trooper 3-pack w/green trooper at TRU.

I saw the Animated CW Obi-Wan at Target but did not get this one. Don't know if I'm going to collect that line or not.

A few words about collecting repacks. Remember the Freeze Frame repacks of Weequay, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett etc? These skyrocketed in value. I bought them at the time and will continue to buy newer repacks. Don't get me wrong, I typically don't buy figures for investment purposes but it's sure nice to have them if they go up considerably in value. So far I've picked up Boba Fett/Carkoon, Hoth Han (brown coat) and Anakin/Secret Ceremony. I too have not seen the repackaged Aayla, Barriss, Yoda, etc in decent condition.

Grayhawk, what Target did you see the animated figs?

Grayhank
12-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Grayhawk, what Target did you see the animated figs?

Rohnert Park. There was only one lone Obi-Wan with a creased card.

Pellaeon
12-23-2003, 01:51 AM
Well, trying to sound like a diplomat, I think both Grayhank and C_richards have their points. Yes, new collectors need to be able to catch up without having to pay a fortune on E-Bay to get the old figures. I also have a friend with the Weequay freeze-frame card, and as an investment, think that was a good one to have gotten.

However, given the never ending resculpts, I could spend more in ensuring I get every variant than even the most rare variant is likely worth.

BUT, the my main reason for passing on these is because I HAVE NO SPACE! My poor wife (who yet shows no signs of saying "its me or the toys") has to put up with the Star Wars, the tropical ferns, the citrus trees, and the native fishes..... I have to be careful not to push her over the edge! She's a great gal!

So, I'll continue to pass on the next 25 Anakins!, and on the new Dengar and Bossk they just posted. I WILL, however, get that Ozzel!

c_richards
12-23-2003, 11:33 AM
You hit the nail right on the head Pelleaon.
Grayhank, I hope you realize that I wasn't trying to put you down.

I too have hit the same point as Pelleaon (minus the wife, ferns, citrus trees and fish). I simply just don't have the room for all the re-issues and re-packs. As for the re-sculpts, I'll probably pick up the new ones. My thought process is, yes, they have already made a Dengar and Bossk, but they were issued some 3 years ago, and these are totally new resculpts. So I can compair and contrast the differences and simularities between the figures!

Let's face it. STAR WARS is our life!!! :) Love it or hate it, George Lucas cast a spell on us all, and it appears that for many of us in this forum, the spell has yet to release it's grip!

Grayhank, I wish you all the best of luck in obtaining the figures you seek for your collection! Pelleaon, I look forward to a long collector buddy/friendship with you, and appriciate all your help thus far!

Finally to everyone else on this forum; I want to wish you all a very happy and safe holiday season! Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year!

Pellaeon
12-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Found the first four cartoon figures (Mace, Obi, Ani, and Asajj) at the San Leandro Target. I picked 'em up. A little pricey at $7.99, though.

jedibear
01-03-2004, 09:13 PM
...it is with a touch of sadness that I bid the northbay farewell. It's been really helpful being on this board and hearing from all the bay area regulars on what their area finds have been.
I've relocated to Burlington, VT (where it's resembling one of my favorite SW planets...Hoth...about now) to enjoy four distinct seasons and a new perspective on life. One thing I've already discovered here...SW collecting is going to be an even bigger challenge than ever...I'm in the sticks folks! No Target in the entire state and one TRU in town...the closest other is over an hour in Montreal...but after the long wait at the border last weekend, I'll pass for awhile).
Going cross-country it was interesting to see how SW collecting shapes up. Down south it's pretty bad...lots of ancient stock cluttering up the WMs & TRUS...if they had any SW at all. I managed to catch up to the Luke/Hoth wave in Mobile, Alabama of all places...it was a sunday morning and while all the rest of the stores were closed (lots of church-goin' down there) WM was open and the stockperson had just put the case out. Lucky for me...hadn't seen 'em before or since. Florida fared better for stuff...was able to fill in the holes of the last few waves with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept Trooper (I KNEW that one was going to be hot with the fogies like me :)).
New Jersey was an embarrassment in dead stock. One TRU had six pegs worth of the FX-7 wave and stacks of the saga x-wing and Luke/Tauntauns. They also to had stacks of the Padme Unleashed figure...that was it!
Anyhow....just wanted to pop on the Northbay thread one last time before I start one for my new home...
Many thanks to Grayhank for always picking stuff up for me when he saw it and to all of you for giving me a heads-up...
Play nice in the aisles & may the force be with you...always.

glen
"jedibear"

sith_killer_99
01-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the move jedibear. I lived in Hawaii for 4 years without a single Target anywhere on the island, I couldn't even drive to another state! LOL Now I live in Kentucky. I also did the cross-country check, all to no avail, though I did find the POTJ Sandtrooper wave while I was at my parents in Colorado. That was the newest wave back then.

Too bad you aren't a foreign carded collector, I like collecting Non-US carded stuff, it just adds something unique to the collection. Living up north is a perfect oportunity to get some unique stuff.

Good luck in the new home!

jedibear
01-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Too bad you aren't a foreign carded collector, I like collecting Non-US carded stuff, it just adds something unique to the collection. Living up north is a perfect oportunity to get some unique stuff.

Good luck in the new home!

Thanks SK99....I gotta tell ya...as slim as the prospects are around here, I'll take the new figures in a plain brown wrapper just to get 'em at this point!

c_richards
01-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Congrats on the move JediBear.

It's too bad that you moved out of California, but you gotta do what you gotta do! :)

I wish you success in your hunts and collections. Although it sounds like collecting there will be a bit or a chore! I hope you are able to find what you want and need for your collections!

Also... don't forget... see about setting up a "collector" buddy that would be willing to pick up a few pieces for you here and there, and send them off to you. That might be a possibility!!!! :)

Take care, and "May The Force Be With You!"

Pellaeon
01-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Congrats on the move JediBear.

It's too bad that you moved out of California, but you gotta do what you gotta do! :)

"

Yes, it will be sad to see the "founder" of this thread go. Anyway, I saw remnants of the R1 wave, but R1 and the R2 Sail Barge were missing so I passed on the one Jedi Luke, although he did look good. I have also seen the 12" Speeder w/ Leia for $12.90, but I don't collect those....

c_richards
01-12-2004, 11:33 AM
I saw remnants of the R1 wave, but R1 and the R2 Sail Barge were missing so I passed on the one Jedi Luke, although he did look good.

Thanks for the heads-up Pellaeon. I'll keep my eyes open for them and if I spot the droids you seek, I'll make sure to put Restraining Bolts on them and bring them to you for their bounty! :)

Grayhank
01-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Made a trip into SF last week and stopped at the Geary St. TRU. Found the 12" Luke/Jedi. No sign of the Ewoks, Yoda or Scout Trooper.

Also managed to snag a bunch of Simpsons figures that never made their way up here.

Locally, there has been nothing. Lots of the 1st wave of animated CW figures at Target. TRU has had nothing new outside of the Jedi 4-Pack.
Wal-Mart has had the same 2 Ack Med figures hanging on the pegs for over a month.

This time of year always sucks for finding stuff!

Pellaeon
01-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Agreed, this time of year is lousy for figures. Hopefully it will not be quite as bad as last year, where I did'nt score the first couple of waves until like August.....

c_richards
01-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Agreed, this time of year is lousy for figures. Hopefully it will not be quite as bad as last year, where I did'nt score the first couple of waves until like August.....

Ditto!!!! Last year was bad, however, I think many retailers will "put the spurs on" sooner (hopefully) so there won't be such a long wait for new items! I have heard and seen reports of new things already trickling in... so I'll keep checking! :)

Pellaeon
02-04-2004, 01:01 AM
A non cyber friend of mine picked up the R1 wave for me. I have seen a few posts criticisms of this figure, and I must say I think they're all ill founded. IMO, this is perhaps one of the best basic figures ever made! Great detail! Also, Bar 2 is okay, not quite as good as I expected, and Luke's cloak looks more like a security blanket. Maybe its actually "Linus" Skywalker.

Grayhank
02-07-2004, 12:04 PM
In the last couple of days I found some pretty good stuff up here in the North Bay.

At K-Martha I found:

Luke/Jedi Cloak/Jabba's Palace
Luke/Holograph
R2-D2/Sail Barge
Lando Calrissian/Sail Barge
Rappertunie
J'Quille

At Wally World:

Jabba the Hutt Ultra
B'omarr Monk Ultra

All 12 Hall Of Fame reissue figures. Interesting to note that these are not numbered. Not sure which C3PO was reissued, looks like it's the the Millennium Coin version. The gold paint job is excellent, very shiny (ooh shiny objects).

TRU had the latest wave of Unleashed: Chewie, Clone Trooper and Luke X-Wing. I did not pick these up though.

On a side note, just wanted to say that the Montgomery Village KB Store is now closing. This is the store I work in. We were not supposed to be one of the stores closing due to the Chapter 11/Company restructuring. Our lease negotiations fell through so now we're history. Everything is currently 50% off including all video games. So far that's 4 stores closing in our district. Concord, Corta Medera, Napa and now Santa Rosa/Montgomery Village. Although I am soon to be unemployed, at least I'll have more time to make the toy rounds.

Pellaeon
02-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Found 3 of 4 up in Redding California when I went to visit my grandparents. C_crichards picked up the 4'th for me here in the Bay Area. I also managed to find a J'Quille, and have seen the new Lando Skiff and Holo Luke, but passed on the latter two since they were not in good shape. All I am finding are remnants, and I have seen those repacks which I am passing on. Thus far, I would say this years distribution is a bit better than last years, but not by much. Things need to start popping up in larger quantities. Right now, it just seems like a case here and a case there.

c_richards
02-09-2004, 02:09 PM
As Pellaeon said, I was able to get my hands on one of the Animated CW Wave 2 figures. Still no signs of the other figures. I hit several stores over the week-end, and came up fairly empty.

Pellaeon
02-12-2004, 09:00 PM
They put this wave out yesterday and today at the San Leandro Target. The clonetrooper is the hot one. Yesteday, these were missing. Looks like there is an insider who is snagging them.

Grayhank
02-14-2004, 12:00 AM
They put this wave out yesterday and today at the San Leandro Target. The clonetrooper is the hot one. Yesteday, these were missing. Looks like there is an insider who is snagging them.

I found three out of four tonight at Target. It appears that Yoda is the hot one up here in my area.

Pellaeon
02-14-2004, 09:14 PM
It appears that Yoda is the hot one up here in my area.

Well, today me and the kids hit up the Livermore Target and in that case they had 3 of 4 minus the Yoda. So maybe the Yoda is becoming the hot one down here as well.

c_richards
02-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Thank you Pellaeon for your help in obtaining the second wave of the Clone Wars Animated figures. :)

I appriciate all your help thus far! :)

Grayhank
03-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Where did everybody go lately? Jedibear moves away and suddenly we all have nothing to say. Anyway...

Today I found the collectors glasses w/figures at SR Target. Not really anything impressive but at least it's something new. They had 1 each of Obi-Wan and D.Maul.

A friend of mine picked up a 12"Garindan for me in SF, now I just need to find the rest from the last two waves.

That's about it.

Pellaeon
03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Where did everybody go lately? Jedibear moves away and suddenly we all have nothing to say.

.....and I know that c_richards is around as well. Speaking for myself, it has been quite depressing of late, although I am enjoying the warm/hot weather. On the SW front, there is practically nothing on the shelves, reminiscent of last year, where I picked up the early waves in June. I am still trying to complete my Rappertunie wave and have not seen hide nor hair of the red leader wave.

c_richards
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Aye laddie.... I be here as well!!!!

I just got back from a toy run and talk about disappointing! Nothing at Target aside from Animated CW figures. TRU had 2 Unleashed Han, and a bunch of the Achk Med-Beq wave... but little else!!!!!!!

No signs of the Tatooine, Jabba's Palace, Battle of Yavin, or Tantive IV waves as well as wave 2 Ultras ANYWHERE!!!!!

"This is madness!"

Lone Jedi
03-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Sadly, the only complete wave I have from 2004 is the Hoth wave, which I got way back in December. I did find the Obi-Wan and Maul glasses at San Leandro Target today around 13:30. There was one set left after I bought mine, so if you guys still need them, go for ‘em. I have not seen anything from the second Ultra wave, Tatooine, Jabba’s Palace, Yavin, Star Destroyer, etc. waves.

fightoned
03-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey I am still here. I haven't found anything but the Hoth wave too. Here we go again. Mt View Walmart doesn't even have any peg hangers for figures! All they have are light sabers. Mt View, Cupertino and Westgate (SJ) Targets only have animated clone war figures. TRU on Winchester has the imperial dignitary wave so they are way behind. This was all in the last three days of looking.

With all the KBs in the South Bay closing and Targets only stocking their exclusives the only place left to look is TRU and they are months behind the schedule. Bummer.

Grayhank
03-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Nice to see all of you again! Good to know that you guys are still here :)

The SW draught appears to be all over the Bay Area. The only places that seem to be getting new stuff in are Target & K-Mart.

I have found mostly everything at K-Mart lately (aside from the Target Exclusives). Picked up Ultra Jabba & Denizans there yesterday. I already had these but a friend of mine needed them. K-Mart is also where I found most of the 2004 figures. So far I have gotten:

#01 Hoth Trooper
#02 R-3PO
#03 Luke/Hoth
#04 Luke/Jedi Knight
#05 R2-D2/Sail Barge
#07 Lando/Skiff
#08 Rappertunie
#09 J'Quille
#11 Luke/Holograph

That's all folks!

Pellaeon
03-15-2004, 03:13 PM
SW draught appears to be all over the Bay Area. The only places that seem to be getting new stuff in are Target & K-Mart. So far I have gotten:

#01 Hoth Trooper
#02 R-3PO
#03 Luke/Hoth
#04 Luke/Jedi Knight
#05 R2-D2/Sail Barge
#07 Lando/Skiff
#08 Rappertunie
#09 J'Quille
#11 Luke/Holograph

Let's see, of your above lits, I passed on #1, have #'s 2,3,4,5, and also #6 (the R1), passed on #7, NEED #8 abd #10, have #9, and am waiting for a decent shaped #11, which I have not seen in about a month. In fact, I have not seen ANY of the above in ~ a month. Our K-Mart on Floresta in San Leandro is very badly run, and it truly is amazing to me that K-Mart is still in business. All they have had are the Hoth Han wave, as has our Target.

c_richards
03-15-2004, 03:19 PM
That K-Mart is a joke and a half.

As for the Targets, I hit both in SL yesterday, and the ONLY new thing I found was the 2 figure/"glass" sets at the BayFair Target.

I passed on them! Nothing new for me in at least a month!

Grayhank
03-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Went to Geary St TRU in SF yesterday. They had the latest 12" wave of Jawas, Garindan and Obi-Wan. Had a few of each if anyone is looking for them.

Also, I'm headed down to Disneyland next week. Does anyone know if there have been any new park exclusives released? I've got the first 9 single carded figures but I have not been keeping up with the news of what's come out since then.

Lone Jedi
03-25-2004, 02:16 AM
There is a scaled down version of the Starspeeder 3000. It may be action fleet scale, but it is not a Micro Machine. Its box is blue like the early 2003 Saga toys. I read a while back that Star Traders carried the Wal*Mart bonus Clone Wars packs, but who knows if they still have them now. Have fun and good hunting……..

c_richards
03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
It's actually not Action Fleet size, but larger. The scale of the figures is larger than those of Action Fleet. There are rumors that a 4th wave of 3 STAR TOURS figures will be coming out, but at this point... it's only rumors! :)

I haven't heard of much though in terms of Disney Exclusives.

Pellaeon
03-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Okay, well with over a week of "nothing", I will say at this point that I was able to manage to cobble together some figures, but not complete case-sets. Last week, Target San Leandro and the Emeryville TRU put one case each out, most of which were damaged so I left a number of things behind.

Anyway, I did get Luke Holo, Rappertunie, Dodonna, Captain Antilles, Red Leader, and the new Tie Fighter Pilot sculpt (which is superior to the old one). I am still looking for an opener J'quille, a Janus, and an R1.

c_richards
03-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I agree Pellaeon, the new TIE Pilot is a lot better looking than the previous versions. I will continue to look for the figures that you seek (as I need them too except R1) and if I find anything will be more than happy to let you know of my findings! :)

Things on this end of the galaxy have been rather sparse as of late as well.
Grrrrr... this is not only annoying, but rather frustrating too!

Grayhank
03-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Found the Ultra Deluxe Obi-Wan & Jango Fett at TRU this morning. They also had Jabba & Denizans. It appears that the case has changed by removing the Wampa and putting in Obi and Jango. No sign of the Ewok w/glider.

I also found the latest wave (Dodonna, Antilles, Gold Leader, TIE Pilot and Tanus) this past weekend. The only '04 figure I'm missing at this point is R1.

Pellaeon
03-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks to LoneJedi, I picked up the R1. Actually, there were two, so I picked up both. If anyone wants to buy it at cost or trade with a Janus, let me know. Otherwise, I'll return it within a couple of days. It was at an Albertsons, so it was $5.99

fightoned
03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
OK you guys are killing me. I just went to Target Westgate tonight and saw nothing new. I haven't found any of the new '04 wave yet. I really want the R1. I guess I will have to run over to TRU winchester and sunnyvale tomorrow to see whats up (even though I was just there two days ago). Ugh!

c_richards
03-31-2004, 11:26 AM
OK you guys are killing me. I just went to Target Westgate tonight and saw nothing new. I haven't found any of the new '04 wave yet. I really want the R1. I guess I will have to run over to TRU winchester and sunnyvale tomorrow to see whats up (even though I was just there two days ago). Ugh!

I don't want to say the flood gates have opened Fightoned, but it does appear that as of late, more and more items are hitting the shelves. Of course, I am still missing Tanus and J'Quille. However, I am in much better shape than I was this time last year. If I recall correctly, the "drought" for me didn't end until July/August.

I am even up to current on the Deluxe figures with needing only 1, the new Ewok with glider set.

I have to say that these figures are rather nice looking, and I am consistantly amazed at just the level of detail they place in these figures. While examining the TIE Fighter Pilot and Dutch, I was amazed that the flightsuits actually has what appeared to me as an ingrained fabric pattern. The uniforms actually have the look of fabric. Maybe this is just a trick that my eyes were playing on me, but I thought I was able to see minute details that weren't there on earlier figures.

Thanks Pellaeon for the help in locating and acquring said booty! You make an excellent bounty hunter! :)

Lone Jedi
03-31-2004, 11:59 PM
It’s good to see that most of you still check in here every now and then.

Don’t feel bad, fightoned, I never saw anything past the Tatooine wave at retail either. I have part of the Jabba wave (still missing Tanus Spijek), but only because I ordered them online (ugh), and I have none of the Yavin wave. I was looking forward to TRU’s Sunday promo for the silver clone in hopes that they would put some new figures out, but I have to work that day. I ordered one from Amazon just in case TRU fails to restock with new figures. Besides, even IF they do, there may not be anything left for me to buy on Monday.

P.S. Pellaeon, you’re missing Tanus (the elom guy) right? Some readers might think you need Janus Greejatus (dignitary guy). ;)

c_richards
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
P.S. Pellaeon, youíre missing Tanus (the elom guy) right? Some readers might think you need Janus Greejatus (dignitary guy). ;)

Ooooh... I can see how that would throw a few people! Janus/Tanus. Jeez...
I'm not sure about Pellaeon, but I have yet to see either Tanus Spijek or J'Quille on a retail shelf. Of course, I have seen them via the net, but I want to hold off on ordering them right yet! :) (Besides, all the places that say they had them are sold out... just my luck!)

I'll try to hit my local TRU Sunday, then of course I'll hit the other near my office on Monday! :) Maybe I'll ge lucky and find one or both of those bad boys... maybe even the new Clonetrooper or Luke Unleashed sets! :)

Brainiak76
04-05-2004, 03:03 AM
hows it going everyone? man its been awhile since ive been on these boards(prob since i stopped collecting sw figs :sur: :cry: ) neways the main reason is prob cause i still cant find anything :frus: :mad: !! the newest stuff i saw was the clone wars animated figs!! oh wells, more figs for you guys :D..neways good luck peeps and may all ur toy runs payoff!!

Grayhank
04-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Got back from Disneyland last night. Managed to pick up R1-G4 while there for 10.00, not happy about the price but at least I finally have 04's 1-15. I passed on the Starspeeder 3000, didn't think it would survive the airline ride home. Aside from that the only things the Star Trader at Disney had were the first 6 '04 figures and all the park exclusives. I was hoping to find those elusive 12" figures I have yet to see (and probably never will) but all they had was the AT-ST Driver.

Now that I'm back, it seems that every store in town got something in today.

Picked up my silver Clone Trooper at TRU. So I guess I'm fairly up to date on what's out.

Target put out 2 cases of all 12 of the Hall of Fame figures. Still trying to figure out which C-3PO was reissued in that set.

Wal-Mart had the Hoth Wave 1-3.

K-Mart got in the first 6 '04's also. And all of the above had remnants of the latest Ultra waves except for the Ewok.

And here I thought that Christmas was the time of year to find things, looks like Easter instead. Happy Hunting all !!!

c_richards
04-05-2004, 05:55 PM
I passed on the Starspeeder 3000, didn't think it would survive the airline ride home.

I bought one when I was down there. I decided to take it out of the box, and wrap it in a beach towel that I brought, but never used. It survived thr trip in perfect condition! It even made an appearance in the fan film a few friends of mine and I made. :)

Still trying to figure out which C-3PO was reissued in that set. If I recall correctly... the 3PO is the one from the "Flashback" series, just not painted as "dirty" as the original one was. His left arm should come off to replicate the damage when he fell after Luke was attacked by the Tusken Raiders. :)

Hope the info helps!

Grayhank
04-05-2004, 08:07 PM
If I recall correctly... the 3PO is the one from the "Flashback" series, just not painted as "dirty" as the original one was. His left arm should come off to replicate the damage when he fell after Luke was attacked by the Tusken Raiders. :)

Nope not that one, C-3PO/Tatooine Ambush '03-21 is the former Flashback version. But I have just gone through my figures and found the answer to my own question. The Hall of Fame C-3PO/Death Star Rescue is in fact....(drumrole).... the TRU Millennium Mint Coin C-3PO. (Which incidently is not the same C-3PO as the POTF2 Orange card version as many believe he is).

c_richards
04-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Coolness. THX for the clairification on that Grayhank! It is much appriciated! :)

As of late, no new figures on this end. :)

Grayhank
04-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Found the new Red Leader X-Wing Fighter at TRU today. I was surprised at the price of this - Only $29.99 plus picked up an extra Silver Clone Trooper to boot.

Too bad Garven Dreis (Red Leader) looks like he has anorexia. He looks tiny compared to Dutch Vander. Guess Porkins has been stealing his lunch money.

Pellaeon
04-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Found the Ozzel wave (Ozzel, Bossk, and Dengar) at the San Leandro Target this morning. Also in this case assortment is Tie Fighter Pilot, Dodonna, Cpt. Antilles, Red Leader, and Bar-2.

Grayhank
04-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Found at Target this morning:

Admiral Ozzel
Dengar
Bossk
Han/AT-ST
General Madine
Lando/Death Star Attack

Is this now the end of basic figures for the Saga line?

Brainiak76
04-28-2004, 08:43 PM
hows it goin again guys! i just wanted to let you know that tonite or 2moro ill be posting my entire collection (POTF-Saga) in the classifieds section and that my fellow Nor CA collectors will get first dibs! pm or email me if your interested in anything!! thanx.

c_richards
05-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Greetings everyone.

Thought I would chime in with my latest find. I snagged Lando (Death Star Attack), Gen. Madine, and AT-ST Han at Wondecon on Sunday.

While I did pay more for these figures, it was an opportunity to get them. Still no signs of Tanus or J'Quille! Grr.....

In other SW news, I managed to get Mr. Steve Sansweet to sign my copy of the "STAR WARS Encyclopedia" while at the con. He visited our booth (East Bay STAR WARS Fan Club) and I had a chance to talk with him. He's a really cool guy! :)

c_richards
06-03-2004, 11:11 AM
I am officially done with the Saga line. I found Tanus near my office, and many thanks to Pellaeon for locating and picking up J'Quille for me.

I will continue to look for the figures you're missing, Pellaeon. :)

Now... on to the OTC figures

fightoned
06-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Congrats on getting the Saga line Palleon! I just found the R1 droid and the R2 sail barge at Target in Cupertino yesterday. I am way behind the times but there never seems to be anything stocked in the southbay. I am not going to get any of the new repacked figures so I am not to worried about it because I'll choke down the high online costs just to get the few I want. Good luck hunting everyone!

c_richards
07-12-2004, 12:27 PM
I recently picked up 2 of the "Vintage" figures. Han Solo and Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi. They were found at K-Mart, and carry a price tag of $9.99 each! As you have seen, these are the ones in the STAR WARS "clamshell" cases. They are new sculpts, but placed on reproduction cards. Not too bad looking.

I also saw 2 of the OTC figures Han Solo and Luke (Jedi), but passed... the cards were severely mangled and they are mostly re-issues. Of course, there are the 7 new sculpts (Luke, Yoda, R2, Obi-Wan - Dagobah, and Leia, Lobot and Cloud Car Pilot - Bespin). The only other figure I'll probably snag is the Imperial Scanning Crew Member. Many of you will remember that he was released with the Millenium Falcon carrying case when it was re-issued in the late 90's. The first offering had a Wedge Antilles figure! :)

Lastly, I found the new Jedi Council set 1 (Yoda, Qui-Gon, Ki-Adi Mundi) at TRU in Hayward. The figures are all re-issues, and in my opinion, the paint jobs could have been better. It kind of looks like they were all just slapped in the package and pushed out the door!

c_richards
08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
More finds! :)

First off many thanks to Pellaeon for the help in obtaining the OTC figures:
Cloud Car Pilot
Leia (Bespin)
Lobot
and the Vintage figures:
Yoda and Vader.

I went out looking today and found the following OTC figures:
Luke (Dagobah)
R2 (Dagobah)
Spirit Obi-wan
Yoda
as well as the "vintage" figure:
Luke.

They are out there, but it does take some looking!!!

Pellaeon
08-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Good finds there, C-Richards! If you E-mailed me today, our network has been down because of some damaged SBC fiber optic line.

Pellaeon
08-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Okay, replying to my own post, I hit up San Leandro Target this morning and landed the OTC Bespin Luke, Yoda, R2, Holo Obi, and also picked up a Jedi Luke. These all appear to come one to a case.

mintoncard
08-11-2004, 10:46 PM
New to the Santa Cruz area here. I daily check the usual suspects (TRU, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.) for any Star Wars stuff both in Santa Cruz and Salinas on my way to work. Here is my daily report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
Nothing - just old figures lots of new plush dolls and OTC vehicles.

K-Mart Santa Cruz:
Nothing at all

Target Watsonville:
VOTC Ben & Hans. Lots of 'em. Nothing else.

Walmart Salinas:
One VOTC Ben.

Target Salinas:
VOTC Ben & Hans. Lots of 'em. Nothing else.

TRU Salinas:
Nothing - just old figures lots of new plush dolls and OTC vehicles.

K-Mart Salinas:
One VOTC Han.

And that's about it. Of note, I recently found a new comic shop in Salinas, the owner there told me that I wouldn't find any Star Wars locally because there is a "crew of guys" that grab everything when the stores open. Sigh. And I thought things were bad in Oregon. I hope Hasbro starts shipping some product over here. It's very dry. Until tomorrow....

c_richards
08-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Fisrt off, let me welcome you to the boards MintOnCard. It is always good to meet another collector! :)

As for your comments for the "Crew". Welcome to the club. It is a sad fact of life that we all have to deal with the scourge that I have called "Toy Pirates". If at all possible, try to find another collector close-by that you can form an alliance with therefore doubling the bodies out there looking for figures. I can tell you for a fact that Pellaeon and myself have done just that and I would like to think that both of our collections have thrived because of it.

Also, it might be worth your time or your efforts to travel out a bit. I understand that you being new to the area could hamper this along with the fact that you may very well have other pressing issues (such as family, work or other issues), but if you can, it very well may be worth it to make a "day trip" on a weekend.

These are only suggestions so take them for what they are worth. I can tell you that based on personal expirence, persistance pays off. If you can befriend a couple of the workers at these stores, that might help. Also, you can try asking store employees if they can scan the pegs and see if there are any more of the figures in backstock. Target is generally pretty good about this, but some of them have a rule that they can't go and pull specific toys for "guests". The only thing I can tell you is try your luck and see what happens.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you are able to find the figures you want/need for your collection. Take care, and once again, welcome to the baords. Enjoy your tenure here.

Pellaeon
08-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Yes, Mintoncard, welcome to the forums. Right now, my take on the major store players is;

WalMart-Hit and miss, very spotty. Might put stuff out at any time in limited numbers and then that's it. It's a crap shoot trying to arrive at the same time figures might be put out, so I haven't been hunting there as much.

K-Mart-Okay, rarely they may have some decent stuff, but K-Mart in general is a wreck of a corporation and it amazes me they are still in business. Is that blunt enough?

TRU-They used to stock at night, but most do not anymore as they are trying to reduce costs by reducing work hours. As a result, they put stuff out just before or at opening, or in the middle of the day. So, even though they get stuff, it is hard to figure out when they will put it out. Also, some employees if pushed will pull stuff from the back for you, which also means they'll pull for the scalpers as well, so this is a double edged sword. It is encouraging that my local store appears to be expanding its Star Wars section, so I am hoping for some new stuff.

Target-The best choice for toy hunting if you can get there at opening. As C_Richards noted, they control the indescriminate release of figures from the back. Also, when they put stuff out, they ususally have more in the back to restock over the next week every other day or so, so if you see remnants, if you come back in a couple of days, you are likely to score. Best time is in the morning at store opening, since they stock after hours (primarily).

Anyway, welcome aboard!

mintoncard
08-12-2004, 04:09 PM
c_richards and Pellaeon, thank you for the very warm welcome and the excellent advice!

Here is my daily report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
Nothing

K-Mart Santa Cruz:
Nothing at all

Target Watsonville:
VOTC Ben & Hans.

Walmart Salinas:
Not a thing.

Target Salinas:
VOTC Ben & Hans.

TRU Salinas:
Nothing.

K-Mart Salinas:
Still one VOTC Han.

Stopped at the local comic shop. They had a single OTC Bespin Luke for $5.00. I asked the owner how he's able to sell the OTC figs at once cent over retail. He told me that the guys just bring them in and they are sold on commission. I find that very strange, considering that the Luke had a KBtoys price tag on it for $6.99. Now I am really confused. Why would a scalper pick up a figure for $6.99, and then sell it for $5.00? If anyone can figure this out, let me know. Anyhow...until tomorrow.

mintoncard
08-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Here is my daily report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
Nothing.

K-Mart Santa Cruz:
Nothing.

Target Watsonville:
VOTC Ben & Hans. One lone Luke Jedi OTC.

Walmart Salinas:
Nothing. (NOTE: The toy dept has been a mess for weeks. It's the worst I have seen of ANY store. There are no "sections", just random toys everywhere.)

Target Salinas:
VOTC Ben & Hans.

TRU Salinas:
Nothing.

K-Mart Salinas:
Still one VOTC Han.

Off topic, the TRU in Santa Cruz got in the newest series of Lord of the Rings Figures (Birthday Bilbo etc.). Just wanted to let everyone know. Also, I'm heading over to San Francisco this Sunday. Anyone know of any semi-good places that could have any OTC or VTC figs? Have a great weekend all!

c_richards
08-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Aw nuts!

The only place I can think of is Jeffrie's Toys. I think they are off Market. I'm not 100% sure. It's too bad FAO Schwarz is gone, and I don't recall seeing a KB or TRU anywhere in that downtown area.

I know it's not much help, but I hope you are able to find something on your trek!

fightoned
08-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Welcome mintoncard!

As of 1PM today the Kmart in Redwood City had the Cantina set with the Kit'fely(sp?)! Typical Kmart fashion, there were three left on the top shelf and turned sideways so I almost missed seeing them. So if you want them run over there soon.

Otherwise I haven't had much luck onfinding anything lately. I think I am woefully behind. I still haven't found the following:
03-34 __ McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper (Fan's Choice #4)
03-36 __ Padmť Amidala (Lars' Homestead)
[#50] Super Articulated CloneTrooper
[#09] J'Quille: Jabba's Sail Barge
[#10] Tanus Spijek: Jabba's Sail Barge
04-16 __Admiral Ozzel
[ ] - #18 - Princess Leia - Bespin (NEW)
[ ] - #19 - Cloud Car Pilot (NEW)
[ ] - #20 - Lobot (NEW)

There are others but I refuse to collect the re-packs.

Take Care guys!

fightoned
08-16-2004, 12:47 AM
OK Target at Westgate San Jose had a bunch of new OTC. So I was able to find a Bespin Liea. I did get the Dagoba set of Luke, Yoda, R2, Spirit Kenobi. I wasn't going to get them but they were kind of neat. I like the handstand Luke.

Later.

fightoned
08-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Target Sunnyvale had a J'Quille! Well I thought I would never find one of these. I also picked up a holo Luke. I wasn't going to but it looked kind of cool and couldn't resist.

TRU Winchester had a bunch of the classic carded figures if anyone is interested. I am going to pass on these.

Lone Jedi
08-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted……mostly because it’s been a while since I’ve found anything worth mentioning. I had a few days off from work so I scoped out my usual area (San Leandro/Hayward). I haven’t been to the Wal*Mart on Davis in well over a year, and I must say that other than the store’s new paint job, nothing has changed. They had a miserable selection of Bariss Offee and Captain Typho along with OTC lightsabers. I can’t imagine how one store (from what I’ve read) could have the OTC goods while another just has crap on the two measly pegs reserved for SW. I seriously smell something crooked going on at this particular Wal*Mart.

Moving on, SL K-Mart had the shelf tag for the Cantina set but of course there were no sets to be found. They had one mangled VOTC Luke (an absolutely horrible looking figure in my opinion) and 12” Boba Fett with gray suit; needless to say I walked out empty-handed.

Bayfair Target had the 12” OTC Stormtrooper and Luke along with the OTC Falcon, TIEs, X-Wings, VOTC Ben and Han, and shelf-warming Ben and Mail glasses…..in other words nothing worth buying. Has ANYONE seen the other three glass sets?????????

Due to time constraints, I skipped the SL Target.

Hayward TRU had plenty of Jedi Council scene 1 and one of Council scene 2, which I bought. They too had a lone demolished VOTC Luke. This is what really burns me up. I can’t stand people who destroy what they cannot afford to hoard, not that I wanted the Luke, but the point still remains. I’m not 100% sure, but I can say with some certainty that this doesn’t happen with other toy lines………what gives???????????

End of report. :dead:

mintoncard
08-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Sorry for the lack of daily reports. Here's the long and short of it...

TRU Santa Cruz:
Finally got in some VOTC figs. 3 pegs full of Luke, Han, Leia, and Ben. Still no Vader or Yoda anywhere! :(

KMART Santa Cruz:
New Cantina sets as well as 2 cases of the VOTC 12" figures. (NOTE: These cases are the ones with the corrected GREY jumpsuit on Boba Fett.) I didn't grab a Cantina set because the pain looks HORRIBLE on these. Yuck!

TARGET Watsonville:
Nothing.

TRU Salinas:
Just a few VOTC Ben and Han littering the shelves.

All I need is the at the moment is the elusive VOTC Vader and Yoda. If anyone is willing to grab them for me, I would be very appreciative. (I have an extra Silver Clone Trooper if anyone is interested.) More store reports tomorrow....

c_richards
08-20-2004, 11:18 AM
MOC... I am not happy that the Cantina Scene I saw at the K-Mart in Fremont/Newark wasn't a fluke! I was really disappointed with the paint application on it. The one I saw, Wuher's hands were almost completely black! Kit'ik Keed Kak looked ok, and the Dr. Evazan looked like he had too much Juri Juice and was about to fall over!

It's really disheartening to hear of the potential of a great set become a laughing stock because of poor paint application!

Lone Jedi - I have never seen any other glass sets except for Obi-Wan and Maul. However, I know of a few people that did manage to find the other sets. I believe they were in the San Jose area, but don't quote me on that!

I also agree with you on the Status of the SL Wal-Mart. It is rather pathetic that they choose to focus more on Spider-Man 2 vs. Star Wars. Hopefully, that will change soon.

As for the managled figures... All I can say is some people live by the addage of "If I can't have it, then no one can!" and will ruin a perfectly good figure. However, if there is a positive spin to be put on it, someone out there will buy the figure just to open and display. True, the $10.00 price might be a bit prohibitive for many people, but rest assured at least one person will want to have one just to open! :)

mintoncard
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Daily Store report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
Last remains of the first VOTC wave.

KMART Santa Cruz:
Someone grabbed all the gross Cantina sets.

TARGET Watsonville:
:) FINALLY! Was surprised to find an Unleashed Bossk and Tusken Raider just hanging there. Grabbed the Bossk and left the Raider for someone else. I have to say, I think the Bossk is fantastic! Although, I wish they would have included the rest of the base as shown in the original figure mock-up. He just seems a bit smaller than the rest of my Unleashed figs. Oh well.

TRU Salinas:
Just a few VOTC Ben and Han figs left.

WALMART Salinas:
Just a big mess. No Star Wars figs. I keep hearing reports of all these WalMarts setting up these HUGE Star Wars sections. I just wish my WalMart would get in a single case of figs. (Or at least not have all the scalpers run off with them!)

TARGET Salinas:
Nothing.

KMART Salinas:
100% nothing. (Me going there to check for toys is almost like a running joke now.)

Anyway, that's all there is out there in my neck of the woods. Good luck to everyone out hunting this weekend. Hope you all find what you are searching for. Until next time...

c_richards
08-23-2004, 11:21 AM
I also found the Tusken Raider Unleashed at my local Target. I picked him up and was very happy with the way he looked. I haven't found Bossk or Aayla Securra yet, but of course when I see them I'll grab them.

Other SW News, I finally got my autographed photo of Boba Fett framed.

Pellaeon
08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered the sandcrawler for southisland toys.com. Price is good, almost too good. Hopefully everything comes out okay. Otherwise, it seem like we are in a bit of a dry spell. I did pick up the K-Mart 3 pack cantina exclusive. All in all, I think its a reasonable buy. The Dr. Evazon is an improvement of the original spread-legged version, and the praying mantiss is a nice addition. I recommend this one.

Grayhank
09-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Howdy All,

Haven't been on in awhile so just catching up with what's been going on here.

I have found the Luke and Anakin Glasses at Rohnert Park Target. Have yet to see Leia though.

The Cantina set has been readily available at the Santa Rosa K-Mart.

Have found most of the OTC line up to Bossk except for the Jawas, Snowtrooper and Tusken Raider. Also have the first 4 Retro figures.

Other tidbits I've found are the Star Wars Beanies, C3PO & Vader carrying cases, Galactic Heroes 2-packs and the 2 latest Jedi Council Scenes.

I broke down and bought a case of the Ewoks, Yoda, Biker Scout 12" figures because they have never appeared anywhere in my area.

I'm now working back at KB Toys in Petaluma and this week we finally got in some different cases of SW figures. Specifically the case with Ephant Man who comes 3 per case. These basically flew out the door in less than 24 hours. If anyone still needs him let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Also about people damaging figures. It's not always the case where someone deliberately destroys the figures. A lot of times they come in the case that way because those who load/unload the trucks are in a hurry dealing with hundreds of boxes. I know I don't treat every box with delicate hands. Another thing is the kids. They don't EVER put anything back where it belongs and most of the time it just ends up on the floor. They then proceed to step on things because they are just too oblivious in their excitement. This I know is a fact. I watch them do it daily in my store and I cringe when I see it happen.

Pellaeon
09-08-2004, 02:11 AM
At the Pinole Target, they have had nothing but the Cup w/ Leia for about 3 weeks now.

mintoncard
09-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Daily Store report:

TRU Santa Cruz:
Nothing of interest.

KMART Santa Cruz:
The store is closing down to make way for a new Home Depot. So, with everything 30% off, I doubt they will get anything new.

TARGET Watsonville:
Haven't seen any new figures at this store for awhile. Nothing new today.

TRU Salinas:
Just a few VOTC Han & Bens hanging around.

WALMART Salinas:
WOW! Finally WalMart gets in some figures! Lots of the following:
VOTC: Luke, Ben & Han
OTC: Spirit of Obi Wan, Swamp R2, Swamp Luke, Tie-Fighter Pilot, Snowtrooper, R2-D2, C3-PO, Han Solo, & Chewbacca.

TARGET Salinas:
Nothing.

KMART Salinas:
100% nothing.

Anyway, that's all there is out here where I live and work. Was lucky last week and scored both VOTC Vader and Yoda from a comic shop in Salinas. The scalp-price wasn't too bad. Now, if only I can get the VOTC Lando and C3PO just as easily.... oh well. Until next time!!

c_richards
09-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I haven't posted anything because I haven't found anything in my area(s). It's rather pathetic!

The Wal-Mart in San Leandro is completely re-arranging all the departments. Like the Automotive and Toy departments have swapped places... Of course that means the store is in shambles, but yet still open for business. How can people buy anything, if they can't bloody FIND anything?!?!

The K-Mart here just sucks! Occasionally they wil get something entertaining, but most of the time... it's just a bunch of stuff thrown all over the place!

I hit Target and TRU in Newark yesterday, and if I had not bought a DVD at Target, I would have come out completely empty handed!

The only SW related news on my end is the continuing story of my Scout Trooper costume. I'm almost there. Armor and Cod is on order and should be here very, very shortly. Helmet is modded and ready to go. Flight-suit and balaclava are in my room waiting for the call, and my boots await the blaster holster.

One item of note, I did take the Kenner blaster that I bought, and replaced the "guts" with those of the "el cheap-o" Jango Fett Blaster that you can get at Halloween shops. I now have a blaster that sounds more "authentic" than it used to. Now, to many people that may be sacreledge since I altered an original 1983 toy... but let me assure you, I still have all the original parts, and I did NOT alter the toy in anyway except to install the new innards. No plastic was shaved, cut, or otherwise removed during the process. Heck, it even still runs on 2 "C" cell batteries! :)

Other than that... nothing new to talk about.

c_richards
09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
I hit every store in my area that I could think of... 3 Targets, 2 Wal-Marts, K-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.

I found Lando and 3P0 VOTC figures at the old Target. I actually found somone's stash... so, I took the ones I wanted.. and being the "evil" person I am... put the rest of the stash back on the pegs so everyone else could have a fair chance on getting a "Vintage" Vader, Yoda, Lando, 3PO, or others.

:) It was a relatively good haul for me! :)

mintoncard
10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
I know, it's been awhile since I last posted... but I'm back. (Working in the television industry with all the volcano eruptions, white sharks, dead whales and debates happening can cramp anyone's online social life.)

Anyhow...

A few weeks ago, I went to the WalMart here in Salinas. There, I discovered a freshly opened box of new VOTC figs. But to my surprise, someone had already been there, got the ones they wanted, and FULLY BENT THE PLASTIC CASE OF EVERY OTHER FIGURE IN HALF. I couldn't believe it. So, I just simply went home, got online, found the lowest price on the 4 remaining VOTC figures that I needed and just ordered them.

The entire "scalping/vandalizing" things for just an action figure was just getting to me. Hasbro should just make every figure available to order on their website like McFarlane does. I understand supply and demand, but it's just getting ridiculious.

On the plus-side, I returned to the same WalMart just last week and they had JUST put out a new case of current OTC figures! And not a scalper in sight! I quickly just got the ones I needed and left the rest hopefully for another honest collector. Here's what my grand haul consisted of:

otc 23 - Tuskin Raider
otc 24 - Jawas
otc 29 - Darth Vader (Hoth)
otc 30 - Gamorean Guard
otc 31 - Bib Fortuna
otc 32 - Lando Skiff Guard
otc 33 - Leia Slave
otc 34 - Vader (Death Star)
otc 36 - General Madine
otc 37 - Lando General

Must have just missed getting the Endor Han and the Imperial Trooper.
Those are the last two I need to complete my collection (for now anyway).

I hope all of you have just as good luck as I did!

MTFBWY

jrsharp21
10-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Any other Sacramento area collectors in here? This is my first posting in here.

I went to about 4 Targets, 3 Wal Marts, and 2 TRU today. There was tons of Spirit Obi Wan's everywhere. One of the Targets even only had one figure on the peg. It has been like this for a week now. I did see a VOTC Darth and VOTC Lando at Toys R US. One Wal Mart had about 60 VOTC figures..All Luke, Han, and Obi Wan Also found 3 12" Boba Fetts. But that is about it.

fightoned
10-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Hey Guys,
Just thought I would drop in a 'goodbye'. I moved last month to DC for work. We maybe back in 1 year but I plan on making it permanent. I work for NASA and am now on the new Lunar/Mars project. Very cool stuff.

I have to say I did have some luck on finding figures out here. But it is still hit or miss.

Take Care,
Ed

c_richards
11-29-2004, 06:30 PM
First off, fightoned -

I apologize for this being late. I am sorry to hear that you have moved, but I am happy to hear that you're on the new Lunar/Mars team. That's very cool! I wish you the best, and please keep in touch!

Now... on to my post. I have completed the 2004 OTC figures (the ones I needed/wanted) and the VOTC lines.

I only got 7 of the OTC figures since a majority of them appeared to be re-issues. As for the VOTC figures, I picked up all 12, and even picked up an Extra Fett to open up. Sacrilidge? Possibly. But, he's too cool to keep him in his plastic coffin. :)

I have to thank Pellaeon for his help in getting some of the figures I needed/wanted. I couldn't of finished the set off w/o his help! Thanks good sir, and I will look for those figures when I am on R&R in December. :)

No signs of the 2005 OTC figures yet... but I am optimistic that it will be only a matter of time until I find them! :)

Lazer Brain
12-08-2004, 06:13 PM
where is walnut creek ca.? and is there anything to do there.just asking.
thanks
later

c_richards
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
where is walnut creek ca.? and is there anything to do there.just asking.

Walnut Creek is in the Eastern area of the SF Bay Area. It is about 15 miles East of Oakland (give or take), and about 35 - 40 Miles east of San Francisco.

I'm not sure what shops or anything in the specific Walnut Creek area, but you can head into SF via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). It's a railway system here that is elevated in many communities. Anyways, In San Francisco, you can hit Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square, take a tour of Alacatraz Prison and so forth. As for theme parks there is one in the South Bay, Paramount's Great America, but I believe they are closed for the winter. There is also Six Flags Marine World up north in Vallejo.

Hope the info helps!

c_richards
12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Geetings everyone.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy and safe holiday season. Please be safe this holiday season!

Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and to everyone, Happy Newa Year!

I wish you all the best!

c_richards
01-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Greetings everyone!

I found 5 of the 6 "new" Clone wars animated figures. They are:
Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damaged)
ARC Trooper (Captain - Red)
Clone Trooper (Captain-Red)
Clone Trooper (Lieutenant - Blue)
General Grevious

The only one left is a Clone Trooper (Commander - Yellow)

However, the Clone Troopers are not new sculpts or different poses, they are the exact same figure that was released the first time. However, they are painted with blue, red or yellow striping on them.

I have also seen a lot of the 2005 figures including the newest Cantina Wave.

Hope you all have good luck in your searches!!!!!

Take care

mintoncard
01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Lots and lots of EPISODE 3 Sneak Preview figures found at the Salinas Wal-Mart.
I even grabbed one of those fantastic EP3 cardboard displays for the new figs.

Also, they had most of the new Animated wave as well. (Didn't see any of the regular Clone Troopers.)

Happy hunting all!

mintoncard
02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Scored a scarce Yellow Clone Trooper from a fresh Clone Wars animated case I spotted at the TRU in San Jose. (There was only ONE clone trooper per case, which explains why I had YET to see them on a peg.)

Also found the new Unleashed wave at the Target in Salinas.

Haven't seen the Sneak Peek Jedi-Starfighter anywhere at all.

On a side note, I was surprised to find one of the new Spawn 27 figs at the Wal-Mart in Salinas.

Happy hunting all!

mintoncard
03-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Got lucky and grabbed 8 ROTS figures from the Salinas Wal-Mart today.

Kit Fisto
Battle Droid
Mon Mothma
Agen Kolar
C-3P0
Plo Kloon
Bail Organa
Shaak Ti

I have no idea what figures I missed out on before I got there, but with the "lock-down" on pre-April 2nd merchandise, I consider myself lucky. I almost paniced when I got to the register, and the computer came up with "NOT FOR SALE" when the figures were scanned in. As luck would have it, the head of the toy department just rang them up under a different UPC.

WHEW!!!

c_richards
03-16-2005, 11:17 AM
I had the same thing happen during the Episode II figure craze. I managed to find a few on the shelf, and so I snagged them and went to the register. I too got the "Not for Sale/No Item Found" deal, so the cashier called for the manager.

The manager comes up, knew what they were and proceeds to take them telling me I can't have them. It was at that point that I reminded the manager that if an item is on the sales floor, then it is for sale, and if he didn't process my purchase, then I would take matters to the BBB.

I hated that I had to get a bit huffy with the manager, but he was acting like a jerk. Bottom line, I won, got the figures and left. :)

Good find MOC.... Glad to hear you managed to get your hands on a few items.

Grayhank
03-17-2005, 09:10 AM
I also found many ROTS figures last week at Wal-Mart in the North Bay:

#1 Obi-Wan
#2 Anakin
#4 Super Battle Droid
#5 Chewbacca
#7 R2-D2
#11 Darth Vader
#13 Count Dooku
#16 Plo Koon
#17 Battle Droid
#18 C-3PO
#19 Padme
#20 Agen Kolar
#21 Shaak Ti
#22 Kit Fisto
#25 Tarfful
#26 Yoda
#27 Obi-Wan
#28 Anakin

Also found a couple of vehicles at Target:

Grievous' Wheel Bike
Droid Tri-Fighter
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

mintoncard
03-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Last night I thought I had hit the ROTS jackpot...

Went to Wal-Mart in Salinas on my way home from work, and they were stocking the shelves. Much to my delight, they had a fresh case of ROTS figures. I opened the box to find all the figures in the first wave. I took the figures up to the register to buy them. Of course they rang up "NOT FOR SALE". The cashier called the assistant manager, and he told me that they could not sell them to me before April 2nd.

Suffice to say, I wasn't intending to take "NO" for an answer. I stood there for 45 minutes trying to get the manager to sell them to me. He wouldn't budge. Even after explaining to him that I had bought some of the figures just the other day, he wouldn't relent.

So, I walked away empty-handed.

I just think it's ridiculious that Wal-Mart won't sell them to me when it was their fault they were left out on the floor.

Oh well.

Kidhuman
03-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Report them to Hasbro for selling inthe first place. :D

Grayhank
03-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Just wanted to let anyone interested know that the KB Store I work at in Petaluma CA will be receiving a small quantity of 15" Chewbacca's. He should be arriving on or about March 31.

We are also receiving 16 cases of OTC figures this week (3/24). They are normally priced at $2.88 each but we are currently having our Crazy 8 sale which means buy 1 at $2.88 get a second for half price ($1.44). Also included in this sale are the 12" Boba Fett, Luke and Stormtrooper at $14.88 each (second one is $7.44).

Scott

stormie
05-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey Guys,
How's everyone doing? It seems like this thread has slowed a lot. I was just having a recollection of three years ago just before AOTC came out and this thread really started hopping. I skipped back to like page four and it was fun to read all the posts by everyone. Fond memories. It seems like a lot of us have gone our different ways over the past three years. I stopped collecting in late 2002, but still avidly read many of the message boards. I even stop in once and a while here to see what's going on. I wish I was still able to collect, but we've got a small family and money is tight. So for now, I'll just have to live vicariously. Just wondering how everyone's doing. Go ahead and skip back in this thread to page 4 or 5 and start reading how much fun it seemed we were all having! It's a kick!

c_richards
05-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Greetings Stormie and everyone!

It ha been a while since I have last posted. As for my absence, it can be blamed on a lot of things. Work, home, life in general. And, lets not forget the fact that I can and do suffer from a rather nasty case of LBS (Lazy Bum Syndrome) of which there is no known cure.

However, as of late, I have picked up quite a bit in terms of SW. First off, I recently joined the ranks of "The Fighting 501st", the Imperial Costuming group. So, a lot of my money and time has gone into my costume. For those that are wondering, I am currently dressing as a Biker Scout, but I have 2 other costumes in rotation with another in the works.

For those that are curious, my costumes are:
Biker Scout
Imperial Officer (Rank of Admiral)
Jedi Knight

The one that's in the works is:
TIE fighter Pilot.

Now that being said I hope you all are able to find the figures you are looking for/need for your collections and sets.

Take care and "May The Force Be With You!"

stormie
05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
I used to have LBS, too. I had kids, and it cleared up right away! ;)

Anyway, glad to hear you're still doing well.

I actually went to the RWC TRU yesterday at lunch to look for the Darth Tater for my daughter. No Tater, but I did spot something I wasn't expecting to find...six of those 12-inch plush Darth Vaders that make sounds. They're called Battle Buddies and from what I had read, they were only supposed to be available in Australia. Guess they found their way here. I did pick one up ($19.99) for my daughter.

Also met a fellow collector while there and he said that a lot of the newer wave was there, like Mas Amedda, etc. Hope this helps!

mintoncard
05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Seems like all the stores around my area have overflowing pegs of the newest figures. From Tank gunners to SA Clone Troopers, pretty much #1 - #44 is plentiful around here.

The following stores are fully stocked:

TRU - Santa Cruz
Target - Watsonville
TRU - Salinas
WalMart - Salinas
Target - Salinas

MTFBWY

c_richards
05-16-2005, 02:16 PM
While this isn't a report about a sighting, I felt I had to post this since it did take place in Northern California, specifically, San Francisco.

I was one of the people that went to the Premiere on Thursday. Being a member of the 501st (Imperial Costuming Group), I was there in my full Biker Scout gear.

Now, while that may be cool for a lot of people, the ultimate topper came when I was asked to escort George Lucas himself into a pre-showing tent! I was so close to him that I could reach out and touch him! To someone like me, this is about as close as seeing "god" as I'll ever get!

Top that off, with making a few memories for a few kids. There was one kid that still gets to me. He was bound to a wheelchair, and his parent's asked if they could get his picture taken with me. Of course, I agreed. He mother then teared up and had to walk away. I wanted her in the shot, but she refused saying, "This is for my son!"

I knelt down next to him, and put my arm on his wheelchair to get the picture taken. Talk about a feeling. For that brief moment, I made his day. He forgot about his illness and was a happy little boy!

That image is forever burned into my memory, and it'll be something that I don't think he or I will ever forget.

I just had to share that with you all.

Lone Jedi
05-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Believe it or not folks, I am still around....I just don't surf the net as often as in the golden days of SW collecting. I had to buy a new pc since my old one crashed, so I was offline for about a month so that didn't help either.

Good for you C-Richards! It's not everyday when a normal person like you or me can bring a little joy to someone who could really use it (I'm a health care professional, so I'm used to seeing parents in distress because of their children's illnesses). I'm glad to hear you took the opportunity to put a smile on a kid's face.

I've been recently thinking about giving up on SW collecting, especially since ROTS pretty much marks the end of the SW saga. I just can't see myself staying with the hobby until 2015 or whenever Hasbro loses the SW license. I used to be a completist, but the OTC, POTC, and the inexcusable Hall of Fame line really ruined the thrill of hunting down every single carded version of every figure. Due to space limitations, I've sold about half of my vehicles at retail price to fellow collectors from another site. I guess I'm starting to "grow out" of the hobby so to speak. It will make things easier when I decide to move to a new house too. I'll always love SW and admire my collection (which is focused mainly on the 3 3/4" figures only), and I'll appreciate the help I've gotten by reading your posts here at SSG. Many thanks the Pellaeon (wherever you are) in particular. The bottom line is that I'm definitely tapering off in terms of SW collecting, but I haven't decided for sure where and when to call it quits. I'll periodically stop by the forums to read and post.

And now for something more relevant to this thread: I picked up Polis Massan, Neimoidian Warrior, both color variants of the Wookiee Warrior, SA Clone, and Droideka today at SL Target. Sadly due to my internet inactivity explained above, I totally missed any chance to get the C3 Vader and the Target Clone. I knew about the Vader, but had no idea Target was offering a clone until this week. Oh well, so is life.

From now until the bitter end, happy hunting, fellow Bay Area Collectors! ;)

Slacker Jedi
05-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Well, I hadn't posted in a while, either, it's nice to see some familiar names again.

At this point I have all of the figures thru #44, all the Deluxes I wanted, and most of the vehicles, including the Gunship.

Also got 12' Anakin/Vader, Shaak Ti & Barriss Offee.

Anyone know when the Tarkin wave is supposed to be out? :confused: