PDA

View Full Version : NoCal/Northbay Reports....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jedibear
12-21-2001, 03:47 AM
Well, the north bay area has been kept pretty up to date as the year winds to a close....

A couple of weeks ago the area WalMarts got in the Action Collection Luke/Yoda set...as of today, only the Windsor one still had any...
WM also got in ONE case each of the FX-7 wave...alas by the time I arrived, the Black Travel Dress Queens were long gone...fantastic FX-7 figure, though!

Target has been getting in a decent amount of older POTJ cases for those that need to catch up (especially with the Lando wave, including the elusive black R2 unit!) They also finally dropped the price on the 12" Luke/SpeederBike sets to around $20. Regretfully, the boxes also looked like they'd been dropped (kicked).....

TRU has gotten in ALOT of the EmpWrath Vader wave and alot of the Obi/Sub sets from Episode One have been turning up as well.
Also, the DSD wave of 12" has been hitting again regularly for any who missed it the first time around. The Han figure in that wave is still the first to disappear...
Another interesting find at the Emeryville TRU....a whole shelve of EpOne Trade Federation Tanks! Still $17.99 each, but for those who missed 'em the first time 'round, here's your chance...this TRU also had the Bacta Luke deluxe wave as well....

KB Toys (MontVillage) & EB's in the plaza is another good place to find the deluxe (1st) wave....

However, the motherlode of deluxe figures around here is K Mart!
Both assortments in good numbers (although it looked like Amanaman was disappearing faster than any of the others) and at $9.99, they're also the best deal. They also had a good number of the Shmi wave, so if you're still missing Ma Skywalker, here's your chance....

Well, that's about it for around here....play safe and happy hunting all!!

Pellaeon
12-21-2001, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the North Bay update JediBear!

I have yet to see hide nor hair of the FX-7 wave here in the East Bay, nor the Amanaman assortment. From your report, looks like K-Mart is the place to keep checking. Our Targets are flooded with the R2-Q5 wave.

jedibear
12-23-2001, 01:49 AM
just stopped by KMart again tonight (more holiday shopping) and they also had a few cases of the Lando wave....still had plenty of the Leia/Cannons (and about half as many Amanamans left)....

Maybe we'll have to wait til WonderCon to catch those last few figures....

Pellaeon
12-26-2001, 10:08 AM
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

I failed to mention on the 21'st, that right after reading JediBear's Amanaman update, I ran out on a break to the Fruitvale Ave. (Oakland) SuperK-Mart and viola, 8 cases of the Amanaman/Leia on the pallet just waiting for me. Picked up two of each (1 for me and a friend), and a 2'nd Amanaman for myself to open.

Great find, and a great tip!

JDMB16A
12-26-2001, 09:37 PM
Wow,There is a few people in the bay area that collect.....
I'll post my finds

Walmart:Vallejo
No Figures
But New Star wars Legos

Target:Vallejo
r2-q5 Wave (No R2-q5)
Luke X-wing wave
Obi Wan training wave
Luke Speeder bike 27.00 bucks
New Legos

Tru:Vallejo:
Nothing...

Target:Pinole
New Legos

TRU:Pinole
Old Obi Wan EU wave
Obi Wan Training wave
Luke X wing Wave
12"dewback
12" FIGURES..

JDM...

JDMB16A
12-26-2001, 09:47 PM
Wow,There is a few people in the bay area that collect.....
I'll post my finds

Walmart:Vallejo
No Figures
But New Star wars Legos

Target:Vallejo
r2-q5 Wave (No R2-q5)
Luke X-wing wave
Obi Wan training wave
Luke Speeder bike 27.00 bucks
New Legos

Tru:Vallejo:
Nothing...

Target:Pinole
New Legos

TRU:Pinole
Old Obi Wan EU wave
Obi Wan Training wave
Luke X wing Wave
12"dewback
12" FIGURES..

JDM...

Pellaeon
12-27-2001, 10:09 AM
Nice to hear from you, JDM. There are MANY collectors of StarWars that I know of. It just doesn't seem like most in our area are to "conversive". It get the sense that a lot of people in the Bay Area don't want to share info. because they are afraid someone out there will grab all the stuff (eg., scalpers who sell things for more than they paid). I figure once I have snagged the wave I'm looking for, let others know so they can find.

To my knowledge, there is me, you, JediBear, Grayhank, and LoneJedi who correspond on occasion from our area.

JDMB16A
12-27-2001, 06:22 PM
Found 2 R2-Q5 today,But Packaging was messed Up,still got them anyways..:D

Sorry for the Double Post

I haven't seen the FX-7 wave yet

I'm in the Army Building Crazy:stupid:

JDM

JDMB16A
12-28-2001, 07:15 PM
A few Finds today:
Kmart:Pinole
Leia/slave outfit with Cannon(Deluxe)

HTH JDM..........

Pellaeon
01-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Okay, I'm going to reply primarily for the sake of keeping our tiny but MIGHTY (yeah, right) NorCal thread going, here.

Anyway, I did find the 25'th Anniversary figs. at WalMart for 14.97, kind of expensive. I like the sculpts and paintjobs. Main problem is the lack of articulation which would allow us to move the figures out of the pose they are in, should we want to. These don't seem to be moving very fast, I found them at 3 different WalMarts, far past the date they were first put on the shelves.

jedibear
01-04-2002, 12:14 AM
wow, Palleon....those 25th sets disappeared quick up here in the northbay (as anything new always does). I like 'em too...especially the fact that Hasbro made the packaging easily reopenable/closable so one can handle the figures (still have those accursed twist-ties to deal with though). I really like the Chewie...

To keep this an area report....nothing new up this way except Target finally doing their resets and getting in the deluxe figures (RP store) at (gasp) 14.99 a pop....jeez, just go across town to Kmart & get 'em for 9.99...

Still waiting on more of the FX-7 wave (need the BTD Queen Amidala) & the Eeth Koth wave.....

IG-89
01-04-2002, 11:59 AM
:mad:

Hmm....I went to 3 Kmarts near me and they don't have any of the Deluxe Waves. I'm over on the Penninsula so either there are alot of collectors (scalpers) near me or these stores just haven't gotten them yet. By the way, Crap-marts near you all have messed up toy aisles? Everytime I visit Crap-mart, the toy section looks like it got hit by an earthquake.

By the way, I saw the new GI Joes over at Target....priced for $7.99 for ea. 2-pack. Cool...but I don't collect Joes.

Pellaeon
01-04-2002, 03:51 PM
The K-Marts in our area are always messed up. I think this is standard across the nation. I got lucky on the deluxe wave 2 figs by hitting the K-Mart when they were still on the pallet in the boxes.

jedibear
01-08-2002, 02:32 AM
...but no Ben/Vaders yet.
Still no sign of the FX-7 wave or Eeth Koth & friends.

The Northbay WM's & Targets are overlowing with Ketwols and the new "mixed case" waves that have been turning up (combos include the Lando wave along with bespin Escape Leia, Gungun Warriors, SecDroids, Cors Guards etc)

TRU SR got in another case of Legacy II AC...the Han was still there at closing tonight...

Pellaeon
01-08-2002, 10:23 AM
The F/X-7 wave appears to have hit the peninsula. My non-cyber friend found remnants at the Colma TRU, picking up the Imperial Officer and F/X-7.

IG-89
01-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Since some of my collecting brethren in the lovely bay area have posted their finds, I will as well.

Target: Leia and Amanaman for $15.99 (side note: i know everyone wants the slug-like Jabba henchmen...but IMO the Leia is really awesome...so much detail and a really good sculpt)

No more 25th anniversary sets since I found them 2 weeks ago.

TRU: Nothing new since Luke Bacta tank. (i'm drowning in these over here)

Crap mart: Nothing....no deluxe figures except one diaper Luke)

No scent of Eoth or Zutton anywhere up here on the San Mateo/Mtn View area.

Pellaeon
01-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Picked up the Luke Speederbike 12" for $19.90 at the San Leandro Target. As of 1/2 hour ago, they had 6 left, all pretty beat up, but not totally mangled. Anyone in the area looking for these need not bother with the ElCerrito or Pinole stores, they have none left.

Pellaeon
01-16-2002, 12:30 PM
Found 1 of each of these, but their other 4 comrades were missing....I went back several times in hopes of a restock, none yet. But keep you eyes peeled, I think they're coming.

IG-89
01-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Just curious but what is goin on with TRU in N. Cal area? Seems like Hasbro stopped delivering stock to Geoffrey the giraffe becuz I've seen the same crap sitting on the shelves since before Christmas. Never seen Deluxe Leia or Amanaman @ TRU or the FX-7 wave.

Pellaeon
01-17-2002, 12:48 PM
...that they are doing inventory. This always seems to happen this time of year, especially with TRU. I would not bank on seeing much between now and mid february. My feeling based on what I have seen in the stores and heard is that Target and WalMart (especially WalMart in the next 2 weeks or so) are better bets.

Grayhank
01-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've done any posting. Anyhow, I broke down and ordered the FX-7 wave from Planet Action and the figures arrived today. It only took about a week. Of course they were a few dollars more but it seems that N.Cal has become a dead zone for new stuff (with the exception of what JediBear has already mentioned).

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but it seems that the new figures are being consecutively numbered. I think we've seen the end of .0000 card changes with the latest wave.

FX-7 is 0000
Amidala is 0100
Rebel Trooper is 0200
Imperial Officer is 0300

I'm interested in knowing what Zutton and Eeth Koth are numbered at (i.e. 0400 and 0500), can someone who has them let me know?

jedibear
01-19-2002, 04:32 AM
....the SR TRU just put out one case of the deluxe 2 wave (A & L) at $!0.99. Still a buck cheaper at K-Mart and Target is still the most outrageous at $15.!

No sign of the Ben/Vader anniversary set anywhere around here. The Luke/Leia set is starting to sit, but the Han/Chewie still disappears rapidly. (I guess everyone is digging that awesome sculpt of Chewie!)

Made a huge foray into the area stores over the weekend, from Santa Rosa to Fairfield/Susiun City to Stockton to Tracy and back & without going into extreme detail, it's safe to say that our entire region is currently the dumping ground for old POTJ (from either Hasbro or the retailer's warehouses). Plenty of collection 2 everywhere ranging from Coruscant Guards to the new king of pegwarming, Ketwol. Sun City WM had loads of Aurra Sings and all of the TRU's I hit had abundant supplies of the Bucktooth Luke wave. What few fellow SW collectors I talked to all mentioned the same thing....plenty of deluxe showing up & 25th packs easy to find but NO SIGN of any of the transition card (force file-free) waves. To use an oft-used phrase from the SW universe...."I've got a bad feeling about this..."
I'm getting the feeling we aren't going to see much in the way of single-carded figures in this neck of the woods in the roughly two & half months we've got till AOTC first night (April 22nd this time!)

Grrrrrr.....I followed Grayhank's lead and just ordered the FX-7 wave online. (Usually that instantly results in finding the figures I ordered falling off the pegs within days of the charge going through :)) I'll let you all know if the old spell still works...

Meanwhile, back to those spartan northbay aisles....

JDMB16A
01-19-2002, 09:35 PM
I found nothing but Crap.........=)

JDM

IG-89
01-20-2002, 02:06 AM
hey Buddy:

Going Postal Eeth is on a 0004 card and his drinking buddy, Zutton (Thriller) Snaggletooth, is on a 0005 card.

Cool figures, now if I could just find one more of each to open....

Pellaeon
01-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Well guys, those of you who broke down and ordered on line....well I did the same thing with yestertoys at 8 bucks a fig. Its cold out there, and I'm tired of making the rounds. This time of year is always the pits. As I mentioned, I did find one Zutton and one Eeth Koth, but I have not seen anything since. I think they may have been returns.

IG-89
01-22-2002, 02:00 PM
Ok, i've spent way too much in these forums but wanted to let ya'll know that Target now has all 3 25th Anniv. 2 -packs incl. Vader vs. Obi-wan.

Both figures are real nice scuplts but not much in articulation and play value though. I'd say it's the nicest set out of the 3.

Happy hunting.
Btw: who in Bay Area has found the 12" Luke w/ Yoda? Where I live, Walmart is pretty far and the one that I been goin to hasn't had him yet. Oh boy, that Tie Bomber is gonna be a ***** to get....<sigh>

Exclusives + Walmart = No Tie Bomber

Pellaeon
01-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Good info, IG-89. I did not know about the 3'rd 25'th anniversary set at Target. I got the 12"Luke/Yoda about 2 months ago. That is a WalMart Exclusive I believe.

jedibear
01-23-2002, 01:11 AM
...I managed to snag an Obi/Vader set at SR Target today. Yes, they are nice sculpts but I say 3 versions of these two characters caught in this moment are quite enough! (the POTF2 Electronic ones, the flashback figure ones & now these).

My buddy Grayhank pointed out something interesting about these anniversary packs....where's R2 & Threepio?!? It would be REALLY cool to get these two in say, the escape pod scene? It could feature the first threepio with bendable knees (so he could be "sitting" in the pod). Oh well...missed opportunity I guess.
Anyway, I'm veering off course from an area report, so I stop now...:)

jedibear
01-23-2002, 01:15 AM
...in answer to IG-89's question...
I found the Luke/Yoda set at the SR WM right before Xmas..they ended up with them at the Windsor one too (but they were pretty beat up). All gone now, haven't seen them since.
BTW...where do you live, IG?

Grayhank
01-23-2002, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on that Vader/Obi-Wan Anniversary pack JediBear.

I see you already posted our discussion about C-3P0 and R2. It just seems funny to me that C-3PO is noticeably absent from the POTJ line so far. And that two-pack would be great!!!

So far we've gotten 4 Mauls, 4 Vaders and 4 Leias (tied for 1st place for most sculpts in the POTJ line) and still no C-3PO; and he and R2 are the only characters to have appeared in all 4 films (well I guess Obi-Wan technically has been in all 4 films as well).

Pellaeon
01-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks again to IG-89. Picked up my vader/obi 2-Pack at San Leandro Target yesterday on the way home from work. Of the 3, I would say the Han Solo/Chewie (especially the Chewie) is the best.

In regards to the escape pod idea, I think that would be great. However, I would make it a deluxe pack and put 3-PO as a pack-in with the pod. I think Hasbro will likely make more deluxe packs, given the fact the fan's choice #3 was Ephant Mon.

Grayhank and Jedibear, I'll be up in your neck of the woods the week of Presidents day. I'm going to the citrus fair with my kids while the wife goes and plays with her sisters.

IG-89
01-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Location = San Mateo/FC

Thanks for the info on Exclusive Luke w/ Yoda. I never saw this at Mtn View Walmart or much SW stuff there...than again, I've heard that there isn't a hive with more scum and villianny than Mtn View Walmart and Target....yeeeshh. ANd that doesn't include all the scalpers i'm referring to. =(

Anywaze, i may need some help with the upcoming Tie Bomber in a couple of months. It be cool if any of you guys could post your finds on this bad boy when it comes out. Be even cooler if you could get one for me and will gladly reimburse you for your trouble.

Thanks!

stormie
01-24-2002, 02:05 PM
Well, since someone mentioned the MV Wal-Mart and Target, I felt inclined to chime in with a peninsula report. Nada! As of Tuesday, the MV stores had nothing but old product (though there was 1 deluxe Leia buried under some WWF figs at Target). The past weekend proved just as fruitless; nothing at the Sunnyvale or RWC TRUs nor the RWC Kmart or Target. Hopefully this weekend will be much more successful. I have yet to even see any sign of the waves after X-Wing Luke (about four months)! Yikes!

JDMB16A
01-26-2002, 05:23 PM
I spotted the New Wave Of figures in other collectors hands:cry:

Oh well I'll try another Day...........

JDM

stormie
01-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Nothing in the way of carded single figs this weekend, including:

Cupertino, Mountain View, Redwood City, and Foster City Targets; Sunnyvale TRU; MV Wal-Mart; and Sunnyvale Kmart. These were all checked Saturday morning and afternoon.

Yes, I was darn busy, and yes, I was darn discouraged. Seems like these stores would actually sell more if they would stock when new figs are available. That way, collectors wouldn't have to turn to the Internet when they can't find the newest figs at the stores. Seems logical, but then again, I'm a little peeved that I can't find anything! :)

IG-89
01-28-2002, 12:20 PM
hey buddy, thanks for the info and sorry you endured the ususal fruitless search.
Anywaze, i've got an extra Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer if you need them.

Thought i could help you out since I'll need help with the upcoming Walmart exlcusives this yr. (Tie-bomber, snowspeeder etc.).

Anywaze, Target's pegwarming Coll. 2 figures are $4.99 right now. Go out and get your extra Ketwols and Tesseks.

Pellaeon
01-28-2002, 01:47 PM
That price cut must have just happened. Anyway, I found FX-7 and Queens Decoy at San Leandro Target. Looks like scalper action/collector competition is still hot and heavy.

Lone Jedi
02-12-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey Pellaeon and everyone else in the SF Bay Area! I haven't visited the forums in a few months. I've pretty much given up on searching stores; I order everything online now. I'm still into SW collecting, but I'll probably do more reading than posting for now. If I find anything by chance, I'll post it here.

stormie
02-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Finally got an Eeth Koth (thounds like I'm lithping) and a Zutton at the MV Wal-Mart Sunday. They had like 2-3 of each left. No sign of FX-7, Imperial Officer, or Fleet Troopers, though.

They also had some of the 25th Anni. 2-packs...Vader/Obi-Wan included.

Hopefully this is a sign that the new figures are starting to stick around on the pegs long enough for us to find. Good luck! :)

JDMB16A
02-23-2002, 03:46 AM
TTT.....

JDM

IG-89
03-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey guys, just an update...I've been to 4 TRU (Hayward, New Wark, RWC and SM) and no AT-ST. Also, checked Wal-marts in San Leandro and Union City and zippo unless you enjoy Ketwols and JarJars. In fact the SL Walmart had no Star Wars at all....=(

Oh well...hope the rest of you are having better luck....

jedibear
03-08-2002, 11:04 PM
After what seemed like endless weeks of never ending pegs of Ketwols & Duros and shelves sagging under the endless anniversary sets, I spotted (& grabbed) three of the AOTC figures at Windsor Wal Mart today.

I got Zam Wessel , R3-T7 & theClonetrooper .
No sign ofJango Fett though.

Target (RP) got them too but I arrived in time to watch someone else get the last R3 figure.

Well it's back to the aisles next week in search of Jango...

(Oh, I like all three of the other figures alot.....)

Pellaeon
03-11-2002, 12:26 PM
Sorry you missed the Jango, Jedi Bear.

I got all four figures at WalMart San Leandro on Saturday, 10Mar. Overall, I like the figures, but still think the fixed poses suck. Also, the bubbles are too big and won't fit into a protectopak. From best to worst, I would rate the figures Jango, R3-T7, Clone Trooper, Zam Wessel (heads' too small on this one).

No sign of the AT-ST yet.

stormie
03-11-2002, 03:57 PM
These may seem like "old" figures to some, but I finally found the FX-7 wave (first time I've ever seen these) on Friday. There's a new Target in Sunnyvale (Town Center), and the pegs were loaded with 3-4 of each figure (on Friday, at least).

I can also say that the TRU and Target in RWC have no new figures (as of Sunday). - "New figures" meaning after the Ketwol wave. :)

IG-89
03-11-2002, 04:12 PM
on the Preview wave in San Leandro Target. Was there just 3 days ago!

Anywaze, looks like FX-7 also hit TRU as there were only the Queen and one FX-7 left at TRU in SF. Glad to see you guys finally finding these guys....geezus we're like 3 months late.

Still no AT-ST anywhere. Why does So Cal have em but we don't?

Also, you don't have to remind me how worried I am about the Boshek Wave.

fightoned
03-13-2002, 10:09 PM
This is my first time posting so bear with me if my post is messed up.

I found the AT-ST at the TRU on Winchester/280 in San Jose. There was only one other one on the shelf and it was on the shelf with the Lord of the Rings toys. It wasn't shelved with the other Star Wars stuff.

I also went to the Target in Sunnyvale yesterday and all the 3-4" figure pegs were bare.

I also went to TRU in Sunnyvale yesterday and they had dozens of K3POs and Queen Decoy.

I ALSO went to the Target and Walmart in Mt View and both had maybe half a dozen JarJars and Ketwols. That was it.

All said and done it is pretty lame in the South Bay. I am still searching for the preview figures.

jedibear
03-14-2002, 03:10 AM
I also breezed through my area stores today (nothing)

My area TRU got in a couple cases worth of the Tessek wave! Arrggh! (But if anyone in the northbay still needs the Imp R2 unit, now's your chance!)

No sign of the At-St...and no second sightings of the AOTC preview wave (still need that Jango...)

stormie
03-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Stopped by the Sunnyvale Target last night (Thursday), all they had were 3 of the Preview droids. Better than nothing since I've never seen the Preview wave before. I was disappointed overall because I was expecting to possibly find the Boshek wave (haven't seen anywhere). Anyway, while in the neighborhood, stopped by the Sunnyvale TRU--nothing there, unless, of course, you want K-3POs and Sabes. The Wal-Mart in MV was empty too.

As a side note, anyone here ever have any reservations about posting what they've found and where? I just wonder how many scalper types lurk in these forums just to find out what was found and where, then immediately jump into their scalper buggies and clear the pegs. It was just a thought as I was returning from another (almost) fruitless toy run. I'll still take the chance and continue to post what I've found. Good luck everyone! :)

fightoned
03-15-2002, 08:06 PM
OK Stormie, I went to Target Sunnyvale at lunch and there were no figures at all. I asked someone and he said that by noon just about all the figures are gone. Ugh. Don't any of these people work?

After work I checked out Walmart in Milpitas. THere was some bespin guards and Jar Jars.

KB Toys (on Stevens Creek/280) has the Luke/Bacta tank on clearance for $6.99.

On your scalper question: I wouldn't doubt there are some lurking out there but I still think the chances are better if we post finds. It helps to know that some one found items in certian regions so that the rest of the population can start hunting knowing that stuff are in the warehouses. Just my $.02

Ed

IG-89
03-16-2002, 02:41 AM
what I find. On more than one occasion, after posting my find here I'll go check the next day and everything is gone. Hopefully it wasn't a scalper who cleaned up ea. time.

Anywaze, AT-STs are showing up at TRU. Found one at San Mateo TRU.

No evidence of Preview wave or Boshek Wave anywhere! Drat.

I will be relying on you info here on the Tie Bomber cuz that will be tough to get.

Lone Jedi
03-17-2002, 01:51 PM
IG-89, is the San Mateo TRU the one at the Bridgepoint shopping center? I was there yesterday; all they had was the Ketwol wave and a shelf full of Anniversary 2-packs.

IG-89
03-17-2002, 05:10 PM
There were 2 when I got there Friday afternoon. I got one and left the other.
The cashier was saying they sold like a dozen on that day alone! WTF? I thought whiney collectors were saying they were gonna leave this one alone.

Anywaze, where are Preview waves showing up? I've heard reports of Walmarts and TRU....but what's going on at Target????

jedibear
03-18-2002, 12:08 AM
Latest fromt the northbay/SonoCO:

TRU got the AT-ST set last week. I missed it but was told they only got two cases in & they were gone within an hour.

Damn! Having a job just gets in the way of collecting sometimes...how am I supposed to live at the stores if I've got to work!?! :)

Everywhere else still has gobs of anniversary sets, deluxe figures (especially Leia) and Ketwols.

Sigh

stormie
03-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the replies about scalping everyone. I'll continue to reply to these threads too. Hearing about and sharing finds is just too enjoyable to stop.

Over the weekend, I searched 4 TRUs, 4 Targets, 2 Wal-Marts, and 1 Kmart along the Peninsula. I found some of the Preview wave (enough to complete the foursome) at only two of the Targets, and nada at all the other stores. No AT-STs or BoShek wave. I also saw the Lego Jedi Starfighter at the Wal-Marts (and maybe 1 or 2 of the Targets).

I agree, work does really get in the way of toy huntin'. I mean, sheesh, how am I to continue reliving my youth when I can only do it on the weekends or evenings? If it weren't for getting paid, I'd have a good mind to quit my job! ;)

Pellaeon
03-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, I work too and sometimes have a tough time getting things. However, I have a friend who apparently makes a living out of doing nothing (he does not scalp to my knowledge). Anyway, I forwarded the AT-ST SKU to him, and he picked one up for himself and me on Friday at Hayward TRU.

fightoned
03-18-2002, 10:53 PM
OK I finally have two of the sneak preview figures at lunch time today. I asked a Target employee if they had any other boxes and she said that they put everything out this morning and she saw someone buy almost all of them before noon. (That sounds like a scalper to me.)

I also checked Walmart in Mt View and there was no sign of Snowspeeders or tie bombers.

stormie
03-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I also checked that Wal-Mart last night, and nothing. In fact, there's really no space for anything, much less TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders. Hopefully they're not putting them on some other shelf, like in housewares or something. ;)

IG-89
03-19-2002, 12:27 PM
I have never, ever found anything at this Walmart. When does this place ever get stocked??? Seems like scalpers have gone through this place before each of my visits.

I'd actually like to know when the shelves get stocked at Walmart because I'd like to at least have a fighting chance one day. Oh wells.

Pellaeon
03-19-2002, 01:00 PM
In regards to the Target finds of Zam Wessel and the droid (???), it is my belief that each of the sneak peak figures come in separate cases.

TRU and WalMart tend to put stuff out en'mass so I was able to get all four figs at once. Target, however, tends to put out cases at 1 or 2 at a time. Thus, the other two figs. (Jango and Clone Trooper) probably hit on a different day or have yet to hit. Keep hitting the Target in the morning.

Grayhank
03-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Latest report from the North Bay.

Finally found the AT-ST at TRU yesterday. Had to ask for it at the register where I was told they had one box left. The employee brought a fresh unopened box out of the stock room but all four were in less than desirable shape. It makes no sense to me that a store with an exclusive would only get in 3 cases (12 individual AT-STs) for a city of over 150,000. They also had remnants of the FX-7 wave. Managed to get FX-7 and Amidala but no Rebel Trooper or Imperial Officer.

This morning I saw all four Sneak Preview figures at Target. They do in fact all come in the same case. Jango and the Clone Trooper are just the hottest two figures.

At K-Mart (yes I still check there once in awhile) they had the AOTC Jedi Starfighter. I haven't opened it yet but it seems like it's a real piece of crap. It's not packaged well because it rattles around in the box like there is no inside packing whatsoever. I know that it's supposed to pay homage to the 70's line but I still HATE the new AOTC packaging. It somehow looks really cheap to me.

We seem to have suddenly gotten an overabundence of the Lando/Tessek wave. They were everywhere this morning but still no signs of the Teebo wave.

Both the local Wal-Marts still have nothing but the Duros wave.

I did notice that one of the area pharmacies (Rite-Aid) are now carrying star wars figures again, they had Luxe X-Wing, EW Vader and Han so it might be worthwhile to include them on rounds when you go out.

Later!!!

jedibear
03-21-2002, 11:22 PM
...who helped me score one of those At-St sets he mentioned in the previous post.

Our Windsor area Wal-Mart did get ONE case of the Bo Shek wave. Just the Shek was left...

I also made it to K-Mart and snagged one of those Jedi Fighters. I've gotta shoot off a quickie review here...
Sorry Grayhank, but I've got to respectfully disagree with ya here.
I opened mine and this is one terrific entry in the collection of SW vehicles!
Grayhank was right about the thing rattling around in the box. Turns out what in was is whatever machine twist-ties the thing into the box MISSED on entire side of the ship, allowin it to move freely in the box and jar loose the bagged pop-off wing panels free as well, hence the rattle....

On to the toy itself...excellent detailing, infuriating decals (cockpit mostly) & play features the conceal well make this ship look great ! I also like the overall design of the craft...echoing the Hulking Star Destoryers to come among other things....

Anyhow....this is supposed to be a "Just Found" section, so head on over to the "reviews" board and read more comments on this great AOTC ship....

Thanks again for Grayhank's help in securing the latest stuff (the preview wave, the AT-ST, the Starfighter). Sometimes work just gets in the way of a bad collecting habit!

Later!!

Lone Jedi
03-25-2002, 01:03 AM
This may be old news, but I was able to pick up the last AT-ST in a dinged box at the Foster City TRU this afternoon.

stormie
03-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Lone Jedi
This may be old news, but I was able to pick up the last AT-ST in a dinged box at the Foster City TRU this afternoon.

Arrgghh. I knew I shouldn't have taken the weekend off from toy searching. That Foster City TRU has it in for me. I go, and there's nothing there. Then, as soon as I leave the store, they stock the shelves full! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take me like 30 minutes to drive there. Then again, the RWC and Sunnyvale TRUs haven't provided much either. ;)

By the way, anyone else see any Ep. II 12-inch figures this weekend? I read on a couple of other sites that a guy in Milpitas found the Jango, Clone, and Mace 12-inchers at Wal-Mart (I assume the McCarthy Ranch one). That would be a neat surprise to find.

jedibear
03-25-2002, 01:49 PM
....but if that guy DID find anythin 12"er from AOTC it would have been Anakin, Obi-Wan &/or the Clonetrooper...

The Mace is a TRU exclusive & the Jango is a deluxe on packaged similair to the 100th Luke...and it's not clear if that one is availible right away on 4/23...

stormie
03-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jedibear
....but if that guy DID find anythin 12"er from AOTC it would have been Anakin, Obi-Wan &/or the Clonetrooper...

The Mace is a TRU exclusive & the Jango is a deluxe on packaged similair to the 100th Luke...and it's not clear if that one is availible right away on 4/23...

Yeah, you're right. It was Anakin, Obi-Wan, and a Clonie. All these names are just whirling around my head these days. Maybe I should lower the amount of aluminum in my diet. ;)

Lone Jedi
03-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey stormie, just keep checking back at the Foster City TRU. They actually have a tag for the AT-ST on the bottom shelf, below the 25th Anniversary packs.

Lone Jedi
03-27-2002, 04:23 PM
As of 11am this morning, the Hayward TRU had six Jedi Starfighters and the remnants of the Preview wave. I picked up one Starfighter and the last R3-T7. I asked the sales clerk about the "Midnight Madness" sale on the 23rd, but she had not heard anything about it, so I guess this TRU is probably not participating in it. Happy hunting.

nwookie
03-27-2002, 06:18 PM
what previews were left? I found some R3-T7's yesterday (looked like weekend remnants) at the Mountain View Target, but don't want him.

Lone Jedi
03-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Just R3-T7. I have never seen Jango or the Clonetrooper in stores.

On a side note, does anyone else think the photo of the transformed Jedi Starfighter look like the Sith Infiltrator?

Grayhank
03-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently on vacation in Rhode Island and thought you might want to know what I've seen around here. So far all 4 sneak preview figures seem to be in great abundance, especially at KBs and TRU. So if this is any indication they are going to be sitting on the pegs in CA. I did see 4 AT-STs at the Warwick RI TRU and finally picked up the Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer. There were plenty of Rebel Troopers but only one Officer. No sign of the Teebo wave (yet) but I've still got a few places to check out. The two Wal-marts that I went to were useless. Seems Wal-Marts everywhere got stuck with thousands of the Ketwol/Duros wave just like in CA. The Targets out here seem to have the Tessek wave in great abundance.

I'm going to try to see if I can get into the Hasbro warehouse on a tour or something. They don't typically open for the public but it doesn't hurt to ask.

That's about it so far. I know that these finds don't do much good for the west coast but I like to be informed about what's going on in other parts of the country.

Later

stormie
03-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey stormie, just keep checking back at the Foster City TRU. They actually have a tag for the AT-ST on the bottom shelf, below the 25th Anniversary packs.

Yeah, I saw that tag. It's like a big tease! ;)

Hopefully I'll find something this weekend as I hit the road to see the family for Easter. No Wal-Mart, Target, or TRU will go unlurked!:)

Pellaeon
03-29-2002, 12:32 PM
A scalper (~70+ year old dude) snagged 4 cases worth of E-2 stuff this morning at San Leandro WalMart.

Crap!

c_richards
03-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Glad to see other peopl in the Bay Area that are into SW as much as I am.

I continually check the K-Mart, Wal-Mart and Target in San Leandro.... NOTHING! TRU in Hayward, got in the preview wave...but they were out in a heartbeat! TRU in Newark hasn't had much in a while. Only the Lando wave, and a few straglers from the Luke X-Wing wave. K-Mart in Newark has the Jedi Starfighter, but nothing else. Wal-Mart in Union City had a bunch of the Jedi Starfighter Legos.

I have been getting most of the new figures from <a href="http://www.bigbadtoystore.com">www.bigbadtoystore.com</a> The figures are $7.99 each...but they have a flat fee of $4.99 for shipping no matter how much or how little you buy. I figure for my money, I can at least know I am getting the new stuff. They do pack the items very securely, and haven't had any problems with them!

Last shipment from them was the Eeth Koth, and Zutton figures, I am getting Bo Shek, Teebo, and R4-M9 from them next week!

None of the stores here have seen the waves. LAst wave I found was the Fx-7 wave at Wal-Mart in San Leandro. I bought 1 of each figure with the exception of the Imp. Officer and Rebel Trooper. They had them priced at $4.00 a piece which was a fluke I'm sure. Since then, (this was about 2 weeks ago) nothing at all!

Good Luck hunting the figures!

c_richards
03-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
A scalper (~70+ year old dude) snagged 4 cases worth of E-2 stuff this morning at San Leandro WalMart.

Crap!

Pellaeon - Did you get a chance to see this guy? Is he and older bald dude?

If he is...I know the man very well. He raided Target when I worked there all the time.... He says he's a collector, but I found him selling figures at a super high price. I consider him a pirate!

nwookie
03-29-2002, 01:05 PM
so, the San Leandro WalMart had AOTC figures in and were putting them out?

Pellaeon
03-29-2002, 01:47 PM
c_richards-You and I have probably met. I was going to use the man's name, but felt that would be giving too much away. Anyway, yes, it is the bald guy.

nwookie-Yes, they put them out this morning, but all are gone....

c_richards
03-29-2002, 01:50 PM
Cool, I know who it is then. This guy can be a bit of a pain!
Watch your back with him!

You're right...we probably have met in the past! :)

Take care, and good luck trying to find the figures! :)

c_richards
03-29-2002, 04:01 PM
ok...got some more news from the East Bay!

I just got back from TRU in Newark. I got a AT-ST w/ Speeder Bike. They had only 4 of the preview figures left. 2 R3-T7's, and 2 Zam Wessels. They also had a whole slew of Eeths and Zuttons.

When I left, they had 3 of the AT-ST's left, a bunch of the 25th Anniversary sets, and as I said, a slew of the Zutton/Eeth wave.
Now new 12".

MTFBWY

IG-89
03-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Aloha, Just got back from paradise and made a quick toy run:

RC TRU had about 5 AT-ST left and get this...they had peg fulls of the FX-7 wave. Better hurry because there were plenty of guys picking out all the Imp. Officers and Rebel Troopers when the store opened....=(

DC and SM TRU had 1 Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter ea.

RC Target had nothing but Duros and Tessak wave POTJ, anniversary sets and 15.99 Deluxe figs.

SM Target had NO STAR WARS...WTF????

I don't live near a Wal-mart so you guys would be so kind to let me know when the tie-bombers and snowspeeders start landing...please? you're my only hope...

Lone Jedi
03-30-2002, 12:59 AM
Cool! This thread is really thriving now.

Pellaeon, that sucks! Who would think a senior citizen would be a scalper?

Keep looking, stormie, you'll get that AT-ST :)

Anyways, here's my input:

This afternoon, Emeryville TRU had 4 AT-ST's and a bunch of Imperial Officers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, and Decoy Amidalas, but no FX-7s. No preview figures or any AOTC stuff. I asked if they are going to do the Midnight sale; the customer service guy looked at me like I was from Mars, called management, and found that they are *NOT* participating in the AOTC promotion. :cry:

stormie
03-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Score! Yes, after a helpful tip from a fellow forumite, finally nabbed that AT-ST I've been searching for. Got it at the RWC TRU after work Friday. They had one left after I got mine. And IG is right, there were quite a few of the FX-7 wave left...even at 6:30 pm. However, $7.69 per figure seems kinda high.

In other news...Got my lazy butt out of bed at 7am this morning to try and hit the MV WM searching for the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder. Nothing. Not even a space for them. Well, at least I didn't miss them.

I passed by the Sunnyvale Target last night and they had NO Star Wars...not even tags on the pegs for them. I asked the Target Associate nearby, and, after searching the pegs himself, he said that they probably won't be putting anything else out until the new stuff. Makes sense I guess...though they sure didn't carry the Preview wave long.

The Sunnyvale TRU had one AT-ST last night (see, now that I don't need one, they're turning up everywhere!;)).

Have a good weekend guys! :)

fightoned
03-30-2002, 11:22 AM
I drove back from Bear Valley last night and stopped at the Tracy and Livermore Walmarts on the way home. Both had tons of the FX7 wave. The pegs were completely filled. Livermore had tons of 12'' figures including the imperial officer of which I don't think I ever saw.

I also called the MT view, Milpitas, San Jose, and Union City walmarts this morning. First, only Milpitas knew what I was talking about. But all of them said they only have "small Star Wars people". I can't be too confident on telephone calls but I had no chioce this morning and had to give it a try.

Congrats stormie on the AT-ST.

Have a good weekend.

Lone Jedi
03-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Yeah, congrats stormie on your AT-ST find. :D

I know that Sir Steve started a thread about the TRU midnight sale, but if you guys know of any participating TRUs in the SF Bay Area (or even if you have confirmed that a store is NOT participating), could you post it here as well? As I already noted earlier, it looks like Hayward and Emeryville are NOT on the list. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Lone Jedi
03-31-2002, 02:01 PM
Yesterday, Southshore KB Toys in Alameda had about 10 mint carded Zuttons (no Eeth Koths). All of them were the earlier release with the pale skin, in case any of you variation hunters missed it the first time. POTJ deluxe Luke Bacta was on clearance for $6.99 too.

c_richards
04-01-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey all.
I hope you had a great Easter (if you celebrate that holiday), and enjoied the warm weather we had. I know I did.

Here's my report from the past weekend!

Friday Night:
Target - San Leandro
Nothing new. Only the Ketwol wave hanging, and the $15.99 Slave Leia/Amanaman Wave. A few of the 25th anniversary sets left, but some of them were really banged up. They did have the Jedi Starfighter Lego Set.

K-Mart - San Leandro
No new figures. Had the Han Solo (Death Star Escape) wave out and hanging. They also had 4 of the Jedi Starfighter toys on the shelf.

Saturday:
TRU - Hayward
Mostly Landos, Jar Jar, and Tessek left behind. Had a white bin that my friend (who works there) told me was filled with preview figures. He told me a gentleman came in and bought all of the Jango Fetts, and Clone Troopers on Friday Morning. (About 28 of both!) Saturday only R3-T7's left.

TRU - Newark
Still had pleanty of the Zutton/Eeth wave out, all previews were gone! Had lots of the 25th Anniversary sets, and it appeared all the AT-ST's were gone as well!

Target - Newark
Shmi wave out. Also the expensive deluxe figures hanging. No new figures or vehciles.

Easter Sunday:
K-Mart - San Leandro
See Friday night!!! I did eventually buy the Jedi Starfighter from them. $22.99.

Quick question to all that have it. On the 25th Anniversary Han/Chewie set. Does your Han look like he's had an emergency tracheotimy performed on him? Mine does. All the sets I have seen seem to have a little seam on the front of the toy right under where the neck meets the body.

Just curious if mine was "special" or if they all may look like this?

THX

c_richards
04-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Cool! This thread is really thriving now.

Pellaeon, that sucks! Who would think a senior citizen would be a scalper?

I asked if they are going to do the Midnight sale; the customer service guy looked at me like I was from Mars, called management, and found that they are *NOT* participating in the AOTC promotion. :cry:

Lone Jedi-
This old fool is a real jerk. One of the run ins I had with him he nearly knocked my dad on his head. My dad turned around and told him if he pushed his way in, he was going to knock him on his @$$!

I have had several run ins with these scalpers (or as I call them "Toy Pirates"). He's actually one that is considered less of a threat because he is older.

Pellaeon - Any luck this weekend?

Take care everyone, and I will write back soon when I go out on patrol again! :)

c_richards
04-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Lone Jedi-

Forgot to tell you. I don't think TRU in Hayward will be participating in the Midnight sale this year. I have a friend that works for TRU...and I keep pumping him for info. As soon as I find out more...I'll post it here!

Lone Jedi
04-01-2002, 09:24 PM
c_richards, thanks for the input about the TRU midnight sale.

Hmm, now what would a guy do with 28 Jango Fetts? I really don't understand these people. *IF* he was going to scalp them, why couldn't he just buy 5? There's a good chance that he's gonna be stuck with some of those figures and he'll end up returning them after the 90 day return policy (after thrashing to cards of course). So solves the mystery of why new AOTC waves products won't be on shelves due to beat up preview wave figures clogging the pegs come late summer 2002. :mad:

Anyone find any AOTC figures early?

stormie
04-02-2002, 12:50 AM
Hey guys. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I just got back from visiting the folks, and spent some time on the return drive checking in at the various Wal-Marts and Targets along the way. Seems to be the same story everywhere...nothing new. Here's the lowdown:

Wal-Marts in Modesto, Manteca, Tracy had nothing (though the Modesto store had a few Preview figures, and the Manteca store had some Ep. II Lightsaber toys and the Lego Technic Jango.)
Targets in Modesto and Tracy had nada as well.
The Modesto TRU had about 6-8 AT-STs (I'm seeing them everywhere now!), but no new figures.

By the time I got to Livermore and Dublin, just didn't have the energy to give the Wal-Marts and Target a look-see. Hopefully nothing was there as well. ;)

I'm starting to suspect that the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder aren't going to appear before April 23. Though, the obsessive/compulsive part of me will insist on checking the stores several times before that date. ;)
Good luck!

Pellaeon
04-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Hit the San Leandro WalMart today at opening. They had both the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder, as well as AOTC figures (Anakin, Obi, Amidala, 3-P0, R2, Kit Fister, Jango, and super battle droid). What a morning!

c_richards
04-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Pellaeon-

Dang dude...that's tight! I would have been there too...but I need to be at work at 8:00am and there is no way I can make it to Wal-Mart at 7:00am and still make it to work on time.

Granted I am my own boss, and own part of my company...but I can't afford to get there and be too late to the office. :)

Choosing work or toys...I hate to say it...but I need to work....so I can get the money....to buy the toys! :)

You know, we should meet one day during a weekend Pellaeon.
We could meet at like TRU in Hayward, or something.

Talk to you later.

BTW - How do the new figures look?

Pellaeon
04-02-2002, 12:24 PM
c-richards,

Well, my cursory look at the figures I got (as I was not alone, there was a "reseller" to compete with) is as follows;

Anakin-Don't like, especially don't like the wild wild west vest.
Obi-Wan-not bad, comes with the assassin droid.
Amidala-Sexy, but don't like. Got the Britney spears midrif thing.
Super battle droid-Okay
R2-Okay
Kit Fister-Okay, but will probably be a shelf warmer
Jango-Good, Helmet is off. Got facial scars. Good detail.
3-P0-The best of the bunch. Can put on his exoskeleton

Snowspeeder-To my surprise, comes with Luke and Dax
Tie Bomber-Very nice. I've waited along time for this vehicle.

We could meet this weekend at Hayward TRU, you pick the time if you are able. I think I can get clearance from the wife.

IG-89
04-02-2002, 01:31 PM
How many tie-bombers and speeders were left???? crap!!!
I was just there at San Leandro Walmart 2 days ago and there was nothing.

Pellaeon
04-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Maybe 6 of each after I picked up 2 each for me and a pal, and the "reseller" picked up 4-6 each.

c_richards
04-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Pellaeon-

I'll get back to you on that. I gotta check my schedule but I should know by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. More than likely, I'll be there. I'm usually there by about 9:30 - 10:00am

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow! :)

Good find....my mom was out looking today too....after you were there and got nothing!

Damn they go quick!

Oh well...on the 23rd, I'll get mine! :)

See ya

nwookie
04-02-2002, 03:01 PM
I was just at the San Leandro Wal Mart (around noon) and all they had left was Obi Wan and Anakin (About 4 left of each after I grabbed one of each). I really wanted Kit Fisto and R2, but theses will do. I bet they both will be the peg warmers of the lot.

Lone Jedi
04-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Ah, Pellaeon, how I envy you! :p

You have the "sixth sense" when it comes to hitting stores. Congrats on the finds, and the best of luck to the rest of us!

IG-89
04-03-2002, 01:26 AM
Sad. I wasn't able to make out to SL Walmart til almost 2pm and all i found were empty pegs staring back at me.

anywaze, i then proceeded down 880 to union city walmart only to find enuff bespin guards and ketwols build an army bigger than the clones.

i guess i am the opposite of Pellaeon....<sigh>

"Curse my golden limbs I wasn't fast enough..."

c_richards
04-03-2002, 10:30 AM
IG-89-

I'm in the same boat as you. I went to Wally World after work...NOTHING left, all figure pegs bare, and even shelves for the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber were bare.

Oh well, I guess I will have to be a "good boy" and wait until the 23rd like everyone else.

Pellaeon-

If you're still wanting to meet, it's cool. Hayward TRU...say around 10? That'll give me time to run a quick errand and get there. :) I'll have on a Red Budweiser Racing cap. I was thinking of meeting either near the SW figs, or maybe in the R Zone?

Your call!

BTW - to anyone that is interested, according to my friend that works for TRU, it appears that the Hayward store WILL NOT be participating in the Midnight Madness sale. I'll confirm this with the store manager on Saturday....but my advice to all in the East Bay, skip Hayward TRU Wednesday night! :)

Take care, and good luck getting the toys!

Pellaeon
04-03-2002, 02:18 PM
c_richards,

10:00 is fine with me. I'll try and find one of my starwars T's and dawn that.

All;

I hit up San Leandro Target this morning. Nothing, but the "reseller" I saw at WalMart yesterday was there and said they put out more E-1 stuff, but no more bombers/snowspeeders.

c_richards
04-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Palleaon -

Sounds like a plan, aside from the baseball cap, I'll try to find my STAR WARS baseball Jersey and wear that. :) I shouldn't be too hard to spot! :)

See you then!

MTFBWY

jedibear
04-04-2002, 02:13 AM
Well, up here in Sonoma Co we've been skunked again with the WalMart exclusives. Nothing...nada...zip at either store. The Windsor one has stocked the preview wave again, but they vanish within a day or so, the Jango still being the first to go.

TRU has also received the preview wave and alledgedly the Endor vehicle set, but other than the one time Grayhank saved one there for me I have yet to see them reappear. Doesn't it figure that they get a reasonably priced, well-packaged exclusive set and the understock, but when they had the WAY overpriced dewback set, there were MOUNTAINS of them. Oh well....I hope they plenty of the AOTC 12" Mace Windus when they hit....

KB has been getting the FX-7 wave up here for those who missed it's (very brief) appearance at WM & TRU a while back. As usual, those Rebel Troopers vanish quick....there must be an army builder up here somewhere (I'd prefer to think that as opposed to a scalper).

Still no final word as to weather our one TRU store will be doing the midnight madness. Most of the crabby clerks that were there for the last one DON'T want to have it again, though as I pointed out to them, our crowd was polite and well-behaved (unlike the mob that was at WM later...) I hope they do...that night was one of the highlights of the Episode One experience for me & I'd love to do it again....

Well, I'll keep hitting the WM's in hopes of snagging those two ships before the AOTC wave hits....

fightoned
04-04-2002, 10:20 AM
I went to the Mt View Walmart at 7AM there was only 4 bespin gaurds (for $4.98). I also talked to (who I believe to be) the toy stocker. He said they haven't gotten any tie bombers or snowspeeders yet. (Besides there is no room for the vehicles on the shelves.)

I am getting worrried that these two may get lost in the episode 2 shuffle. Some walmarts might hold these until the 23rd not knowing that these they can be released now.

Bummer.

Ed

c_richards
04-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey there Fellow STAR WARS fans.

Thought I would let you know that on the way in to work today, I stopped off at K-Mart in Newark. They only had the Tessek/Jar Jar (Tatooine) and Ketwol wave.

They did have about 4 Jedi Starfighter toys in, but nothing else. I ended up walking out with 6 new Hot Wheels cars (not SW related, but still a find for me). I did meet about 4 fellow collectors, all interested in Hot Wheels, and they really blew me away at how polite they were with me, and each other. They found a case, had a stocker open it, then took it to the end cap, and as they pulled what they wanted (DIDN'T GRAB...TOOK TURNS!) they put the rest of the stuff on the pegs and left.

This is what I am talking about. I love seeing people helping each other get things they need or want! I wished them all luck in getting what they wanted, and left happy!

I hope your searches are going better in getting new STAR WARS toys. Take care everyone...and I will report back when I find something, or...even if I don't...just to let you all know what's where, when...etc.

MTFBWY

Grayhank
04-04-2002, 01:30 PM
I scored pretty good on my trip to RI (got back last night). Went to one last Wal-Mart in RI yesterday before my trip home and managed to get 6 AOTC figures but not the ones that are being reported here on our NorCal thread. I got the Arena Battle Droid, Captain Typho, Female Tusken Raider, Young Boba Fett, Shaak Ti and Arena Plo Koon.

I also (finally) got the Teebo wave at the Narragansett Toy Company or as it is better known on the web Yestertoys.com.

It was a pretty good trip overall. Mostly Sneak Preview figures clogging the pegs back that way. One of the Wal-marts I went to still had the exclusive 12" Maul/Sith.

c_richards
04-04-2002, 01:58 PM
Grayhank...

Nice score of figures. I guess that means I should get in touch with my Aunt in the Chicago area and see if she could possibly snag stuff for me! :)

Pallaeon -

Just checking and confirming that we are set to meet @ 10:00am on Saturday @ Hayward TRU. Any particular section you want to meet at? I was thinking maybe near the SW figures or near the R Zone? Your all! :)

I am hoping that we might be able to set-up a small trade collaborative, in which we trade figure for figure. I'll pitch you the entire plan Saturday... This is strictly voluntary, if you don't want to trade...that's cool! :)

Take care and MTFBWY

Lone Jedi
04-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanks to Pellaeon's post, I checked the San Leandro Wal*Mart this morning and picked up 5 of the AOTC collection 1 figures. There were no collection 2 figures or TIE Bombers/Snowspeeders. :D

fightoned
04-04-2002, 10:59 PM
OK I was busy today.

Walmart in Milpitas at lunch time didn't have any tie bombers or snowspeeders. They did have Jango Fetts "nerf dart" guns and battle droid electronic blaster. I would have gotten them for my kid whose birthday is coming up next weekend but at $20 each I thought I would hold out for the $5 clearance bin in 6 months. They were not even close to being worth that much in my opinion.

Target Sunnyvale had absolutely no star wars at all. Not even empty pegs!

TRU sunnyvale had tons (on the order of 50ish) of Preview AOTC figures except... Jango. (Of course the only one I am looking for.) If there are any army builders out there this is the place to hit. You can pick up at least 20 clone troopers. No AT-STs.

KB in Vallco Cupertino had the AOTC Jedi Starfighter. Even at $21.99 I couldn't resist. I figure I would just save my receipt and get the money back when the go on sale in a couple of weeks. They also had a bunch of Reble and imperial figures from the FX-7 wave.

KB on Stevens Creek/280 had about 20 FX-7 wave on the pegs.

Hope this helps. I am still trying to find those Walmart exclusives.

Lone Jedi
04-05-2002, 09:03 PM
Man, KB only wants $21.99 for the Jedi Starfighter?! TRU wants $24.99 and I think K Mart is asking for $22.99.

On a side note, I think it sucks that Wal*Mart decided to pull their AOTC toys and delay the official release of the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder. :mad:

fightoned
04-05-2002, 10:29 PM
I went to Mt View Walmart again this morning and I think my suspicion was correct. I found the toy floor manager and talked to her. She said they had tons of boxes of Star Wars stuff safe in one corner of the storage room. They have had it for over a week and a half when they carefully separated the boxes from the rest of the shipments that day. I told her that the tie bomber and snowspeeder were supposed to be allowed to sale now. She didn't know about those but I bet you they just put ALL THE STAR WARS TOYS in that "safe" pile. I bet if we showed up on the morning of the 23rd the bomber and speeder will be out there with the rest of the Star Wars AOTC toys.

IG-89
04-06-2002, 02:36 AM
Because if the Tie-bomber and speeders are already sold out, that would suck bigtime. I am worried kinda because I've never been able to find Walmart Exclusives....not even the recent Luke w/ Yoda!

Maybe the 23rd is the key....Targets have no Star Wars on their shelves at all right now which is very strange and Walmarts have not restocked...or so it seems to me. Maybe when the 23rd hits, these toy dept. managers will drag their heads out of their asses and stock their shelves with something other than Pokemon and Power rangers.

jedibear
04-07-2002, 10:02 PM
....finally snagged an opener of the AT-ST from TRU on friday at the SR TRU....the key is to ASK (nicely, of course). Turns out that they've got a number of them but didn't know where to put them (!!!) so that's why they were showing up on the computer when I asked but were nowhere to be found. (I calmly suggested the salesfloor would be a good place to put them..this was greeted by blank stares...hey I was only kidding around a little...maybe).

One other bit of SR TRU news....if the list circulating the sites right now of TRU stores participating in the midnight madness sale is to be believed (it most recently was spotted on Rebelscum via another site), the Santa Rosa TRU is the only northern California store NOT doing it! I'm appalled! I know our store is a major SW seller (we've got some of the heaviest competition up here...mostly friendly...for all things "Star Wars") so to see this was a shock to say the least! I still can't get a straight answer out of anyone at the store, but with San Rafael (over 50 miles away!) being the only area store doing it, it's beginning to look like WM will be getting most of my initialaOTC dollars...if my temper can cool down after dealing with them over the weekend can (oh, it will) subside....more on that below...

KB's has been the place to catch up on the last of the POTJ waves...those pesky, hard-to-find transition carded ones that is. The MV store has a good amount of the FX-7 wave (with a good number of Rebel & Imp troopers left..it was nice to pick up a few more of those at retail!) & the DWNTWN mall store has some Eeth Koth/Zuttons. A collecting buddy from SF tells me that the BoShek wave appeared down there, so here's a last chance to get these cool figures...

Now one last story for this long-winded (sorry, it's been my first chance this long busy weekend to sit down and do the boards!) post....I stopped by WM in Stockton on my way to my nephew's birthday party to see if anything looked good for a last-minute gift (oh, alright...& check the SW aisle!!) and I stumbled across the new PlaySkool SW sets...the X-Wing one & the Naboo Fighter one and thought these look way cooler than I expected, so what a perfect chance to get the little three year old bitten with the force bug (besides the chance to play with these myself a little...they are that cool!). Get 'em up to the register & WHOOP-BUZZ-KLANG! "No sale allowed" appears on the register. Sales clerk calls ther manager..."Can't sell these to you...all SW has a hold till the 23rd". "Waitaminute!! They're on the shelve, they're NOT from Episode II, what's the problem?"
Turns out that the Stockton store was a major violator in opening some of the AOTC figures earlier in the month, so the store manager is being EXTRA cautious and not selling ANY SW before the 23rd! GGGrrrrrrrrrrr! THAT really pi**ed me off....oh well, it'll be the 23rd soon enough, but I just thought you fellow bay area folk would get a kick outta hearing that it's not just AOTC that's pulled, it's any new SW...so you folks (including SirSteve) who've been speculating that the WM backrooms are teaming with TIE Bombers and SnowSpeeders are probably right....sigh. More to set aside for that big day....

c_richards
04-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Quick report from the weekend!

SL - Wal-Mart
Picked up STAR WARS Stratego. They had another game, "Epic Duels" but neither one would scan when rang up. They did have all the preview figures out and even put out the lightsabers (non-electronic).

SL - K-Mart
Nothing here. Only had 4 of the Jedi Starfighters and a bunch of the Jar Jar / Han Solo (Death Star Escape) wave.

SL - Target
All Deluxe figures and standards are marked for clearance. They had Amanaman and Leia w/ Cannon at $11.50 each, and the standard figures were about $4.50 each. They only had the Tessek / Ketwol wave out.

K&B in SL - Bayfair mall.
Tons of pegwarmers from POTJ, POTF etc. Only had 2 preview figures, both R3-T7.

Hope the info helps.

MTFBWY

c_richards
04-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
Now one last story for this long-winded (sorry, it's been my first chance this long busy weekend to sit down and do the boards!) post....I stopped by WM in Stockton on my way to my nephew's birthday party to see if anything looked good for a last-minute gift (oh, alright...& check the SW aisle!!) and I stumbled across the new PlaySkool SW sets...the X-Wing one & the Naboo Fighter one and thought these look way cooler than I expected, so what a perfect chance to get the little three year old bitten with the force bug (besides the chance to play with these myself a little...they are that cool!). Get 'em up to the register & WHOOP-BUZZ-KLANG! "No sale allowed" appears on the register. Sales clerk calls ther manager..."Can't sell these to you...all SW has a hold till the 23rd". "Waitaminute!! They're on the shelve, they're NOT from Episode II, what's the problem?"
Turns out that the Stockton store was a major violator in opening some of the AOTC figures earlier in the month, so the store manager is being EXTRA cautious and not selling ANY SW before the 23rd! GGGrrrrrrrrrrr! THAT really pi**ed me off....oh well, it'll be the 23rd soon enough, but I just thought you fellow bay area folk would get a kick outta hearing that it's not just AOTC that's pulled, it's any new SW...so you folks (including SirSteve) who've been speculating that the WM backrooms are teaming with TIE Bombers and SnowSpeeders are probably right....sigh. More to set aside for that big day....

Jedibear-
It's not just the Stockton Wal-Mart.... that happened to me when getting the STAR WARS Stratego! The clerk called over to toys, the person there gave her the ok to sell, and they rang it up!

But... I agree with you on the entire aspect. If it's on the sales floor, it's fair game! :)

Pellaeon
04-08-2002, 12:23 PM
c-richards, good meeting you.

Well, glad I got those figures while I did. Looks like WalMart has straightened up its act. I will try again tomorrow, however.

c_richards
04-08-2002, 12:44 PM
You too Pallaeon.

If Lucas is doing what he did with Episode I toys. Expect Wal-Mart to be hit with a HEFTY fine! (At least that's what I heard Lucas was doing and had Hasbro enforce it)

RooJay
04-09-2002, 04:07 AM
Hey guys, you should check out the Kay-Bee at Fairfield mall. Last week they had lots of the last two POTJ waves AND the Jedi Starfighter!

Pellaeon
04-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Well, it looks my little hot streak has come to an end. I fould AOTC, collection 2 (6 figures total) at San Leandro WalMart this morning. Only problem is that they rang up as "Not for sale". Looks like this is a nation-wide thing. So, I guess I'll have to be patient until April 23'rd.

c_richards
04-09-2002, 10:40 AM
Pellaeon-

Did you get the figures, or were they taken from you? I would of fought it. If they are out on the sales floor, then it's fair game, and it's THEIR fault they put them out....not yours!!!

I had the same thing happen to me Sunday there when I went to buy the STAR WARS Stratego game. The register would ring up, Not For Sale, but the cashier bypassed it all, hand entered the item and about 10 minutes later, I had it in my hands!

I just came from the Newark K-Mart...
Nothing there new. Only 1 Jedi Starfighter left, and they have cleaned up the aisles (cause for alarm here) to make way for the Episode II items. They did have figures hanging, but it's all the Ketwol, Tessek, Lando waves.

I plan to go to Newark TRU later on today during my lunch break. I will report back in when I return.

Until then.... MTFBWY

stormie
04-10-2002, 03:56 PM
So things are winding down before the onslaught of AOTC product. I'm just about caught up with everything, and as a result, have not been to the stores in almost a week! Because of the lack of posts to this thread recently, I assume everyone else is taking it easy before the 23rd too. Actually, it's kinda nice knowing that there's nothing "out there," because it gives me time to concentrate on the stuff I do have...and there's a ton of it!;)
I do really hope that there'll be at least one TIE Bomber and one Snowspeeder left for me at WM on the 23rd...or later. I'm the most concerned about these two.
I look forward to full pegs of brand-spankin'-new figures on the 23rd! :)

IG-89
04-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Stormie...I frequent the MV Walmart as I suspect you do and have not even witnessed a hint that they have restocked our beloved toy line in months.
Never seen the Bomber or Speeder....or even exclusives like Luke w/ Yoda.
No preview wave, no Boshek Wave....no Jedi Starfighter...nothing! Just the same 25th 2-packs and BG and ketwols.

I've been to Union City and San Leandro Walmarts and they have even less there....<sigh>

On another note, the shelves have been sagging under the weight of ATST at several TRU's around here....

RooJay
04-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Man stormie, you brought up a good point, and something I haven't even thought of until now! The Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber are probably much more limited in numbers, and their will be a LOT of collectors out that night. I for one am REALLY concerned that there will not be enough of these to go around, what with people clammoring for these two that normally wouldn't be making a special trip out to the store to get them. I predict that there might be at least a couple of fights that'll break out because of this. This could get VERY ugly.:(

c_richards
04-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by IG-89
I've been to Union City and San Leandro Walmarts and they have even less there....<sigh>

IG-89 -
I found a Luke w/ Yoda at the SL Wal-Mart. Of course it happened to be shortly before Christmas and they placed them with the 12" G.I. Joe's and Gundams. At that time, their selection of STAR WARS merchandise was almost non-existant at best!

The key to Wal-Mart I have seen is to go often and early! If you can get there when it opens, great....if you can go more than once or twice a week, even better.

Last time I was there I asked for any STAR WARS figures. Of course, I was told they do not have any stock in the back which I know is a crock. Instead of arguing and getting nothing, I simply let them know that I knew someone that worked there, and knew they had a backstock area...but since they choose not to help me, then they got no sale. :)

I find that most of the time, be it at Target, Wal-Mart, or even at Toys R US, as long as you are polite and nice and ASK the employees if they might have something in the back....they will look for you. If you're rude and demand they do it...then you might as well take the money you would of spent on the toys and stick it in your ear!:)

Anyways...I hope you can find the toys you are looking for. Take care everyone, happy hunting, and MTFBWY! :)

IG-89
04-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Well....i ususally just not bother replying when i've found nothing but I just wanted to reply to C richards' response.

I do check Walmart often, sometimes at least at 3 different Walmarts a week.
I've tried going early....going late at night but either I have bad timing or the stock ppl get to work right after I have visited the store.

Anywaze, no Bombers or Speeders at UC or SL Walmarts as Friday. SL walmart did have the Jedi Starfighter but i didn't bother trying to buy one for fear of the 'no sale allowed' result.

By the way, i have never met a helpful stock person at any walmart. Ususally, my polite inquiries are greeted with a puzzled look on their face and some fumbling about before saying they don't have any.

Anyone here want to help a fellow collector out w/ the Bomber and Speeder?

c_richards
04-12-2002, 01:17 PM
IG-89...
I know your frustration. I have a really bad feeling these things are going to come out on the 23rd with all the other AOTC stuff!

I also hear you when it comes to finding someone to help you at Wal-Mart. Now, I know everyone needs a place to work, but is it at all possible for Wal-Mart to at least hire people that are HELPFUL?

It is very rare to see a friendly worker at Wal-Mart, and even more rare to find someone that know what he/she are doing!

I'll keep checking around, and if I spot anything, I'll repot in ASAP!

Take care, and good luck in looking for what you want!

MTFBWY

stormie
04-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Anyone here want to help a fellow collector out w/ the Bomber and Speeder?

Better make that collectors! :D

c_richards
04-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey everyone...

With less than 10 days to go before the merchandise officially goes on sale, this weekend offered slim pickings!

Target - SL
All figures on pegs were clearanced. Nothin new. Still pleanty of the Leia/Sail Barge Cannon and Amanaman deluxe as well as the Ketwol/Shmi wave out.

K-Mart - SL
Same as Target....however, NO Jedi Starfighters on the floor.

Wal-Mart - SL
Pegs bare. Only things on the floor were STAR WARS Stratego, and a few of the STAR WARS Epic Duels games.

Toys R Us - Hayward.
Still Luke (X-Wing) and Ketwol waves out. I did notice 2 R3-T7 figures hanging, and they did have at least 3 of the AT-ST sets in.

It looks like everything else is either being held, or hasn't come in yet. No TIEs or Snowspeeders!

Until the next time.....Happy Hunting, and MTFBWY!

stormie
04-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Just to fulfill my need to figure hunt, I went to the Santa Clara and RWC Kmarts this weekend...and to my surprise, found three of the deluxe EP. II figures (Dooku, Mace, and Obi-Wan) and the Starfighter. I actually like the Dooku and Obi-Wan figures because of the magnets on their feet...this makes them stand up no matter what...kind of a cool feature.

Hope everyone else had at least some luck this weekend. :)

nwookie
04-15-2002, 01:34 PM
I have 2 questions fo rmy fellow bay area-ers

1)Are there any places with preview figures available? I want to get a clone trooper or 2 before the real deal AOTC figs come out.

2)Any info on places (WM or TRU) having midnight madnes?

thanx

c_richards
04-15-2002, 01:45 PM
NWookie-

The figures.... might want to try TRU. Wal-Mart SL is out, I saw 2 of the R3-T7's at TRU - Hayward on Saturday.

Also, try the K&B at either Bayfair or Southland.

If that doesn't work.....see about ordering them from www.bigbadtoystore.com or another online toy company!

As for Midnight Madness....TRU Hayward is doing it! I have confirmation from a friend of mine that works there.

Hope the info helps!

MTFBWY

IG-89
04-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Check the one in SJ (off of Capitol?) and Daly City. They have plenty of Jangos and Clone Troopers as well as the potential pegwarming R3-t7 and Zam.

Kmart does indeed leaked Ep 2 toys...aside from the other reports of Deluxe Figs and Starfighters....I've seen Ani and Zam's speeders and The Reek.

Also seen the Jedi Dex at the SM Kmart. Can't believe Krapmart has new stuff.

The Bomber and Speeder still has not landed in my home....I was almost tempted to buy one from a scalper at a toy show but the $50 price tag kinda snapped me out of it.....<sigh>

Walmart I hate you!! You and your ******* yellow smiley face can kiss my arse!

c_richards
04-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Hello fellow SW collectors.

Thought I'd report in and tell you about what's out. :)
Like you already don't know

K-Mart - Newark
No Episode II Merchandise out, including Jedi Starfighters. only figures hanging were the Ketwol wave.

Suncoast Motion Picture Company - Newpark Mall - Newark
I picked up the Version B poster for AOTC. They want $24.99 for that, and they also had a few of the teaser posters left. No other Episode II Merchandise at this time.

Toys R Us - Newark
They had a ton of the preview figures hanging. I counted at least 1 & 1/2 Dozen Jangos, Clone Troopers and Zams. They also had a few of the Duros and Ketwol wave. I saw at least a good dozen of the AT-ST sets, still have the old 12" hard palstic Chewie, and about 6 of the 12" Sandtrooper and Dewbacks for $28.99 each.

Nothing else new in the area. I did not hit Target, K&B or other shops.

Hope the info helps!

HH and MTFBWY

fightoned
04-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Hey C_richards, Thanks for the update. I just got back from TRU Newark and picked up the last Jango Fett. I can't believe within a few hours a dozen or so of them sold so fast.

c_richards
04-17-2002, 10:32 AM
fightoned-

Glad to be of assistance. I am a bit surprised they sold so quickly too. When I was there, about 1:45 or so, there was hardly anyone in the store, and only 1 person near the Star Wars toys.
I guess they still are hot....if you can find them!

Glad you got what you needed and wanted.

Good luck in all your future hunts, and...
MTFBWY!

IG-89
04-18-2002, 12:35 AM
hey guys, i was in the southbay today and actually had a mildly sucessful toy run. Here's the latest:

Sunnyvale Kmart (off Lawr. expwy)- All 4 AOTC Deluxe figures (they are sooo cool btw)

Mtn Walmart - Nothing

Mtn Target - Nothing, but Deluxe POTJ figs were clearanced to under $8.

Sunnyvale TRU - Nothing

Milpitas Walmart- ONE SNOWSPEEDER!!
I almost killed myself getting up on the topshelf to get it as it looks like someone had tried to hide this among some Power Ranger toys. Also there were a fleet of Jedi Starfighters hidden way up on a shelf so the kids or collectors CAN'T buy 'em. WTF???? Walmart....you suck, no bones about it.

Oh well, sorta successful as I didn't get the elusive exclusive Tie Bomber. I think this has become my holy grail....<sigh>

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 01:28 AM
Cool finds, IG-89. Just a few more days until we'll all be able to get those AOTC toys! :)

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 01:31 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you IG-89: you were actually able to buy the AOTC deluxe figures at Wal*Mart?

Grayhank
04-18-2002, 02:10 AM
I picked up Lee's Toy Review #114 today and it contains the first part of the latest Star Wars Build A Guide. For anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's a very comprehensive list of everything POTF2 to Present. It has nice pics and even includes pics of variations and what they are. Lee's usually spreads it out to 3 issues which you can then remove and insert into a binder. It's pretty cool and very informative. Go get one right now!!!

Don't know if this is an error or not but Lee's lists the TIE Bomber as being a Target exclusive and the Snowspeeder as a Wal-Mart exclusive. I have heard that they are both Wal-Mart exclusives but now I'm not so sure. I hope that it is an error because I really hate Target and the way they handle their exclusives and general hatred towards collectors.

My good friend JediBear (thanks for the quick cell call!!!) and myself managed to get an early start on E2 stuff this week. It seems that our local K-Mart put the goods out early (guess this makes up for our TRU not doing the midnight madness thing). I ended up getting the first 14 Basic Carded figures, 1 Deluxe Figure and the Reek Beast. They also had Zam Wesell's Speeder but they were all messed up. Then there was also the board games: Star Wars Stratego, Life and another one (can't remember which one it was).

Here is a word of warning for anyone on a tight budget: Out of the first 14 figures, the one to get is R2-D2, as that one seems to be in shortest supply. Followed by Padme, Super Battle Droid and Kit Fisto. I forsee young Boba Fett as being the pegwarmer of the year because that one was in great abundance.

Happy hunting!!!

IG-89
04-18-2002, 03:01 AM
I meant I found the Deluxe figs at Kmart in Sunnyvale....not Walmart.
Geez....you know Walmart is sucking when I get them confused with Krapmart.

Gah!

c_richards
04-18-2002, 11:10 AM
IG-89..
Ok...now you've done it...you've made me want to go to K-Mart! The K-Mart in Newark had not AOTC figures, but I haven't checked on the K-Mart in SL.

I plan to go to Borders today to see if they might have any AOTC books out a bit early. If I find anything, I'll be sure to report in!

HH and MTFBWY

fightoned
04-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks IG-89!
I stopped by Kmart Sunnyvale on my way to work and picked up all four deluxe figures ($10.99 each) including....
Jango Fetts Slave1 ($29.99), Zam and Anakin's speeders ($12.99 each). Dozens of each are on the shelves. Someone who can't read english has been busy at Kmart!

Is it just me or was the Slave 1 over priced? I got the Starfighter for 21.99 and they seem to be of the same level of quality. Just wondering.

c_richards
04-18-2002, 03:50 PM
How's the Slave I look? I'm sure it is a much better sculpt, design, or mold than Boba's but are there any really cool features on it? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Cool finds, guys. I checked Super K Mart last weekend, all they had were the three new board games: Stratego, Life, and Epic Duels. I passed on all of them since the box art is hideous and the price was high at $20+ a piece. The only things I bought were 3 bags of Frito Lay chips and 3 boxes of Go-Gurts sporting the AOTC logos.

jedibear
04-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Just breezed by the SR Kmart late this afternoon...still had plenty of Boba's, Capt. Typhos, BattleDroids, a few of the Tusken Mamas, Shaak Ti and a couple Ani's....also still had two Reeks and the full case of the speeders (as Grayhank pointed out, ALL of 'em were dinged on the fronts...from the way these are packed, getting a mint one's gonna prove a challenge).

Many thanks to "Maria" at Kmart for giving us an edge!

So far (& for the moment, my favorite figure is Kit Fisto...he is really cool lookin'! Can't wait to see this guy in action!

fightoned
04-19-2002, 09:00 AM
I agree with the packaging of the speeders. I don't see how these boxes are going to stay mint. Just about all the ones I saw were dinged.

Of the deluxe jango fett - I opened it. He is cool and all but the back pack was so overly large to support the speaker system that it looks funny on him. Personally if I was Hasbro I would have thought of something else for a deluxe capability.

On the Slave 1 - I haven't opened it yet but the box does show all the neat stuff it can do. It looks like it is an upgrade to Boba's Slave 1.

c_richards
04-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Nothing on this end yet. It appears all the stores have gotten "smart" and haven't put any new products out. If I can't check to see, I have my parents look and both of them continue to tell me nothing new.

Oh well, I'll have to re-read my Jango Fett one shot, and see about getting the Graphic Novel to tide me over until the 23rd. It's ok, it's only another 4 days before toys flood the market! :)

MTFBWY

IG-89
04-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey guys, i just pre-ordered the Shuttle Tyderium at FAO. I know it's $125 bucks and all but i figure it's the last chance this thing will ever get made and i never could afford the vintage one and there weren't many made anyway. i been wanting this sucker since forever.

Also, what's scaring me is that I was told that i was already the 120th one to call today at the SF store---and what's funny is that today has been their busiest day in awhile. At a run of about 5,000 worldwide I just hope i made the cut.

Anywaze, the # is 415-394-8700 in case you're interested.

Lone Jedi
04-19-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey, IG-89, I just got off the phone with the SF FAO and pre-ordered mine as well. The guy I talked to said they only took like 6 orders total since yesterday, so I'm pretty sure you'll get your shuttle. I opted to pick it up myself to save on shipping though. Ah, a merry christmas it will be in 2002! :D

fightoned
04-20-2002, 12:08 AM
I stopped at Kmart Sunnyvale again today. They keep opening those boxes marked "Don't open until 4/23". Anyway this time it was the Anakin's and Dooku's lightsabers. I picked up Anakin's for my son.

I also went to Walmart based on the Milpitas Snowspeeder find recently. I found another toy floor manager and showed her a print out of the SKUs for the Bomber and Snowspeeder. She knew exactly what I was talking about before I said two words. She said they only got 4 snowspeeders and they sold within a couple of hours one morning a week or two ago. This has me greatly worried about finding these two vehicles...

...and now I have to shell out $125 for the Shuttle Tyderium. Ugh! I may take a chance and see if any end up on the store shelves.

I also opened the Slave 1. It is built like a rock. I am very impressed when comparing it to the Boba Slave 1.
Later.

scruffy_lookin'
04-20-2002, 04:59 AM
Hey all, low and behold I decided to drop by my Wal Mart in Madera today and guess what I found?

1 of each Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder. Go for it.

c_richards
04-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Oh you guys....did my weekend ever ROCK!

Aside from seeing Scorpion King (good movie btw), and hanging out with my friend on Saturday....I managed to find a lot!

Saturday - SL Wal-Mart.
I was over near the bikes and looked where the kepted the boxed power wheels, and low and behold, but a box of Episode II figures were there. I pulled out one of each figure I could find, and proceeded to check out. Of course I was given the "Sale Not Allowed" line, and an assistant manager with a really snotty with me. I got another assitant manager, and he said to allow the sale and rang up the figures.

I ended up getting:

Anikan Skywalker - Hanger Duel
Kit Fisto
Yoda
Clone Trooper
Zam Wessel - Bounty Hunter
Jango Fett - Kamino Escape

Sunday - K-Mart - SL
I walked through the toys section and found the Booster packs for the new STAR WARS CCG from Wizards of the Coast. The boosters were only $1.49 each, so I bought all they had. I also found a Jr. Novelization of Episode II and picked that up as well. I'll be sending SirSteve scans of the booster pack wrapper, as well as a scan of the recipt from the Wal-Mart purchase, and even a scan of the flyer I got from TRU in Hayward advertising Midnight Madness....

HH and MTFBWY

scruffy_lookin'
04-22-2002, 11:38 AM
I live in Merced, which is between Modesto and Fresno. I know WalMarts in Ceres and Modesto are 24 hours, so tell me if anyone is going to be in that area. I might be around there tonight!

c_richards
04-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Here's the flyer from TRU in Hayward....ENJOY!

nwookie
04-22-2002, 11:58 AM
anything open at midnight over on the peninsula side?

c_richards
04-22-2002, 12:03 PM
NWookie-

It is very possible, however, I am not sure. I would recommend you call 1-800-869-7787 (on the flyer that I got) and see if there are any stores in your area that are open at midnight! :)

Hope the info helps!

c_richards
04-22-2002, 12:12 PM
With less than 24 hours to go before we can officially buy Episode II Merchandise, I figured I'd be nice and show you all the scan from the wrapper of the Booster packs for the STAR WARS CCG that is coming out from WOTC

For all you CCG fans, you know what I said, for those that are unfamiliar with the term CCG or WOTC, here's a breakdown

CCG - Customizable/Collectible Card Game
WOTC - Wizards of the Coast

Boosters are packs of cards, designed to give you more cards so you can build a "deck" and play against an opponant.

Booster packs have 5 cards in them and retail for $1.49 at K-Mart in SL.

Enjoy!

nwookie
04-23-2002, 03:07 AM
What did you all find and where? Only #'s 1-14 at Redwood City TRU for basic figures. All the rest was there, however. Any where in the bay with 15-dooku wave? any left?

netsolo
04-23-2002, 05:06 AM
No Dooku, Yoda, Anakin (Hangar Duel) here in So. Cal. I'm wondering if they even were in the cases of 4/23 releases now? But they've been picked up at other stores right? So... um... what's going on? Should we hit opening tomorrow morning? (Like I need to ask, I know I'll be there)

scruffy_lookin'
04-23-2002, 06:41 AM
Central Cal, plenty of Hangar Anakin, some Dooku and Yoda

stormie
04-23-2002, 10:22 AM
So the bigger question...how many were lucky in finding the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder? I arrived at WM at about 7:15, and there was only one Bomber left, and about six or so Speeders. Needless to say, I was relieved. Anyone else?

As far as AOTC product, lots of stuff at WM, but I only picked up about 10 or so. They did have the Yodas, and I saw someone with a Dexter. Strangely, no 12-inch figures.

fightoned
04-23-2002, 11:28 AM
I got to Walmart a minute after Stormie and there were no TIE Bombers left. I am so bummed especially when I saw someone with 4 of them in their cart. Ugh! I did get a snowspeeder.

I also only picked up 10 figures. I didn't see any Dooku, Jettster, Geonosian, etc.

Nice to meet you Stormie!

Pellaeon
04-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Anyone? I heard they are out there, but I did not get them. I have all the others.

nwookie
04-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Anyone find Dooku, Luminara, or Taun We? If so where?

c_richards
04-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Hey all.....

Sorry I took so long....I had to get some work done first. :)

I went to K-Mart in Newark at 8:00am
There were only 3 people including myself that were looking for AOTC stuff.

I got:

Basic Figures:
Boba Fett - Kamino Escape
Padme Amidala - Arena Escape
Tusken Raider Female with Child
R2-D2

Deluxe Figures:
Anikan Skywalker
Count Dooku
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu

Starships:
Jango Fett's Slave I

Role-Play / Weaponry
Dooku's Lightsaber
Anikan's Lightsaber
2x Jango Fett's Blaster Pistols

My mom was able to pick up 11 Figures at Wal-Mart...what ones I have no idea, and another 1 at K-Mart in SL.

K-Mart figures are $6.99.....HIGHER than Wal-Mart. What does Target have their figures set at? I haven't hit them yet...I plan to later tonight!

c_richards
04-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Whoops....did I ever make a blunder.

I want to amend my post about the DELUXE figures I bought.
I didn't get Anikan. It was Jango Fett. A Deluxe Anikan doesn't even exist....yet!

I am so sorry if I confused any of you, or made you think there was a 5th Deluxe figure out.

My bad!

IG-89
04-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Target has their basic figs at $6.99. They basically had only #1 to 14 at the FC Target.

By the way, my trips to Walmart and Midnight madness have left me 4 figures short....Royal Guard, Dooku, Luminara and Taun We.

I asked a TRU employee and he told me was allowed to 'purchase a few items before the doors opened'-- translation, he and his buddies picked out all the Royal Guards and Luminari's et. al.....

Yeah I was able to snag a Bomber at MV Walmart and for that I'm finally happy but a few things left a very bad taste in my mouth....

1. One oversized red neck nascar fan whom i know only 'collects' hotwheels kept asking around what is short-packed! He didn't even know who Anakin was. argh!

2. A cart loaded with 4 or 5 tie bombers.

3. The TRU employees who had 1st pickings and guys who were hoarding the Yodas.

Anywaze, i'm satisfied with what i got but i should have expected that events like this brings out the worst in ppl sometimes. I also waited at SM TRU and for the most part the crowd there was cooperative and relatively peaceful. Thanks God we didn't have the chaos that we had 3 yrs ago.

MTFBWY.

scruffy_lookin'
04-23-2002, 02:06 PM
Well, after a brutal night I would say the first place I went to I scored best - it was the Ceres WalMart.

There, I got a dooku, luminari, Taun We, dexter, yoda.

Kinda funny, not many people were there at the time I got there. What's more, I bought a Dooku and left behind another one. Hope some lucky feller picked it up. Also, There were about 10 total Snow Speeders and Tie Bombers there.

No stores had Bespin Luke and up (28 and up).

Modesto was trashed (8 miles north of Ceres). Nothing much there in terms of the rarities.

Merced WalMart had mostly Collection 1. Target was the same. Kay Bee had quite a few good Collection 2 there. I got a Royal Guard and Geonesian Warrior there. Toys R Us was okay too.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Plenty of Taun We's here at Vallejo TRU, but no Dooku, and very few Royal Guards.

stormie
04-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Quick Update:
I skipped the obligatory "eating-a-meal" during lunch time to hop in the truck and scout the stores in RWC. The Target had nothing! Unless they're someplace else, there was no new figures anywhere. The TRU looked pretty picked through. Overheard the TRU employeed telling another customer that they only received 14 different figures...and they look like all the common ones. No 12-inch Clone Troopers left, but a few Obi-Wans and Anakins. The Kmart had a section near the towels and bedding (of all places) that contained pretty much the same assortment as TRU...but in fewer quantities. No 12-inchers to be seen. That's it! Hope it helps.

p.s. - Good to meet you too fightoned (Ed)! :)

Pellaeon
04-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks to RooJay for the Vallejo report. I ran out there and got a Royal Guard and Taun We. Now all I need is a Luminara.

RooJay
04-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Pellaeon
Thanks to RooJay for the Vallejo report. I ran out there and got a Royal Guard and Taun We. Now all I need is a Luminara.

My pleasure! Return the favor some time. Were there anymore Taun We's when you left? I'm thinking of having my brother pick one up for me when he gets off work (she's just so cool lookin'!).

fightoned
04-23-2002, 10:23 PM
I found Luminara, Nikto, Taun We and Royal Guard at KB in Valco Mall in Cupertino. They had a whole bunch and were VERY well organized. I.E. one figure per peg. I had to tell them I was impressed. The draw back is they wanted 7.99 each.

Grayhank
04-24-2002, 01:17 AM
First stop this morning was TRU at 6:00 a.m. (they did not have a midnight opening). Picked up the four deluxe figures and three 12" inch figures. The store must have had close to 100 cases of the first 14 figures, nothing beyond that. Since I already had them I felt a little disappointed but...

Second stop, RP Wal-Mart 7:00 a.m. The doors opened and about 25 of us headed to the toy aisle. The endcap was full of Snowspeeders and TIE Bombers (managed to get both) but they were all gone in less than 5 minutes. Moved onto the figures and got all but two of the 13 remaining figures. I missed the Geonosian Warrior and Dexter Jettster. One guy was grabbing whole pegs of figures (i.e. Clone Trooper) and dumping them in his cart. Not a fair competitor in my book.

Third stop, Windsor Wal-Mart 8:00 a.m. Was a smaller crowd waiting to get in and a little more civilized. Found the last 2 figures I needed and started getting some extras for openers.

Fourth Stop KBs 9:00 a.m. Got all the rest of the remaining openers I needed except for Count Dooku (seems to be the hardest one to get).

Fifth Stop SR Target 9:30 a.m. Found nothing worthwhile. It appeared as if they only put out the first 14 figures, Deluxe and 12" figures.

Sixth and Final Stop Target 10:30 a.m. Same as the first target but seemed to have a lot more on the pegs. Also had a lot more 12" figures.

I did not get any of the vehicles because by this time my funds were depleted. I added up all my purchases since finding some of the stuff that K-Mart put out early last week till this morning and it was in excess of over $500. When I look at everything I bought, I can't believe that I could have possible spent that much. Ouch!!! Think it's time to join a support group.

fightoned
04-24-2002, 11:33 AM
I stopped by MT View Walmart this morning. They had filled everything again. I found every figure except Count Dooku. Where is he? Other than that I am very satisfied (figure wise) but still bummed about not finding a tie bomber.

I also bought the same figures at Walmart that I did at KB last night so I will be returning them to KB and save some cash. You can't beat 5.88.

P.S. IG-89 - Stormie and I met at Walmart MV and it looks like you must have been there too. I was upset about the 4-5 tie bombers in one cart also. Esp since I don't have one because of those people! We should have coordinated better so that we could have said 'hi'.

c_richards
04-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Alright everyone....sounds like we all got mostly what we wanted.
I am still 4 figures short from having the full 27 initial release...but I am sure I'll find them as I venture out and look! :)

Here is the breakdown of all I got since Saturday:)

(BTW - Thanks to SirSteve for providing the list. I printed off 3 copies and gave one to my mom and one to my dad...it helped a lot!)

Action Figures - Basic
Anakin Skywalker™ (Outland Peasant Disguise) #01
Padmé Amidala™ (Arena Escape) #02
Obi-Wan Kenobi™ (Coruscant Chase) #03
C-3PO™ (Protocol Droid) #04
Kit Fisto™ (Jedi Master) #05
Super Battle Droid™ #06
Boba Fett™ (Kamino Escape) #07
Tusken Raider™ (Female with Child Tusken) #08
Captain Typho™ (Padmé's™ Head of Security) #09
Shaak Ti™ (Jedi Master) #10
Battle Droid™ (Arena Battle) #11
Plo Koon™ (Arena Battle) #12
Jango Fett™ (Kamino™ Escape) #13
R2-D2™ (Coruscant Sentry) #14
Geonosian Warrior™ #15
Dexter Jettster™ (Coruscant™ Informant) #16
Clone Trooper™ #17
Zam Wesell™ (Bounty Hunter) #18
SaeSee Tiin™ (Jedi Master) #20
Nikto™ (Jedi Master) #21
Anakin Skywalker™ (Hangar Duel) #22
Yoda™ (Jedi Master) #23
Jar Jar Binks™ (Gungan™ Senator) #24

Action Figures - Deluxe
Darth Tyranus™ with Force-Flipping Attack!
Jango Fett™ with Electronic Jetpack and Snap-On Armor!
Mace Windu™ with Blast-Apart Battle Droid™
Obi-Wan Kenobi™ with Force Flipping Attack!

Vehicles
Jango Fett's™ Slave 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi's™ Jedi Starfighter

Role-Playing
Anakin Skywalker™ Electronic Lightsaber™
Count Dooku™ Electronic Lightsaber™
Jango Fett™ Electronic Blaster Pistol (x2)

Lego
Jedi Duel™ (7103)
Jango Fett's Slave I™ (7153)

Misc
AOTC soundtrack
Junior Novelization
AOTC CCG Boosters (x24)
Jedi Dex

I would say I spent about $250 and my folks about another hundred or so! :) Thank you Mr. Lucas, SirSteve, and all the fans that help keep the force STRONG!

MTFBWY

nwookie
04-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Fightoned: I stopped by Mt. View Walmart this morning and saw the pegs full but it didn't seem like they had everything. Did they have Luminara?

At Mt. View Target they have few figs, but they did have Dexter, Genosian, Jaj Jar, and Nikto.

IG-89
04-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Sorry Fightoned about not getting a Bomber but I'll be on the look out for one.
I did remember a couple of helpful collectors that morning, was that you and Stormie? It wasn't hard to notice me, I was the dead tired looking guy who had about 2 hrs of sleep as a result of midnight madness. Anywaze, i'm still missing the Count, royal guard, Taun and Luminara.

stormie
04-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Looks as though the Mountain View stores have restocked. Also looks like I took the wrong morning to get into work early! I was actually thinking of stopping by these two this morning, but thought the chances of new stuff showing up was slim. Guessed wrong again! Might have to try my luck at lunch (who needs to eat?), as I only have the first 14 so far.

Fightoned, I'll also keep looking for the TIE Bomber for you. I'm sure they'll show again.

IG, we must have looked like twins, me and you, because I was also the dead-tired looking guy!;) Though only because of my own wacky sleeping habits, not Midnight Madness.:)

c_richards
04-24-2002, 02:01 PM
I have a quick question for any of you out there!

Did any of you buy the Dooku or Anikan sabers? If so, can you tell me what size and how many batteries these things take? I bought them, but I haven't had a chance to pull them out of the packaging yet since work and other thing have consumed my time!

I want to get the batteries for them and the Jedi Dex all in one shot so I don't have to run back and forth.

THX for the info!

MTFBWY

fightoned
04-24-2002, 02:54 PM
nwookie: I didn't see a Luminara but I wasn't really looking too closely. Look towards the left side of the display case that was where all of the "hard to find" ones were located. honest I didn't have the time to look at every peg for Dooku.

Stormie: I hope you got down there for lunch because they seem to have had most of the figures and from nwookies post target may be worth checking out.

IG89: Thanks for keeping an eye out for me on the bomber front!

c_richards: Yeah I opened up the Anikan saber for my son. It takes two C batteries. I don't know about the Dooku or Dax but it should say somewhere on the box what is needed.

c_richards
04-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info Fightoned.

The Dax takes 4 AAA
I'm sure the Dooku will be the same as Ani's

Thanks again!

Lone Jedi
04-25-2002, 01:04 AM
I went to the SL Wal*Mart tonight and picked up the remnants of their collection 2 stock. I got Plo Koon, Tusken Raider, Captain Typho, and Shaak Ti (No Boba Fett). No TIE Bombers or Snowspeeders. I know you guys have these already, but I missed them at TRU's MM sale. I'm still periodically searching for Boba Fett, Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara Unduli, and of course, Count Dooku. Does anyone know which figures originally came with the inserts? :confused:

Grayhank
04-25-2002, 01:42 AM
There was a post on SirSteve's News listing which figures originally had background inserts. It's now listed under Saga Toys. But in a nutshell the first 16 figures "supposedly" have had inserts but I am quite certain I saw a Jar Jar and Nikto with inserts today.

I think it's a load of crap myself because I am still seeing figures with and without inserts coming out of the same cases. I posted back the first week of April that I had found AOTC figures at Wal-Mart and some had the inserts and some did not. I think it's a deliberate attempt by Hasbro to create some sort of "chase" figures and to sell more toys. They just randomly put them in. I bet after all the dust settles there will be complete sets of 27 figures with inserts and without. Don't buy into it just enjoy the toys for what they are.

stormie
04-25-2002, 11:04 AM
Well, I'm down to six figures to go: Geonosian, Dexter, Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara, and, of course, Dooku. Many thanks to fightoned and nwookie for posting their finds at the MV stores; I was able to pick up a few figures and a 12-inch Clone Trooper (woo hoo!) during my lunch hour yesterday at these stores.
How's the Royal Guard look?

nwookie
04-25-2002, 11:12 AM
I stopped in the Serramonte KB and TRU last night and they are overflowing with Dexter, Genosian, Super BD, Plo Koon, Jar Jar, Nikto, and Saesae Tinn! Too bad I don't want any of those. I should have known way back when that the figure I think is the most interesting looking would be the hardest to find (Luminara). I just should have made myself think I wanted Anakin. Then maybe I could find Luminara :p

c_richards
04-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by stormie
Well, I'm down to six figures to go: Geonosian, Dexter, Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara, and, of course, Dooku. Many thanks to fightoned and nwookie for posting their finds at the MV stores; I was able to pick up a few figures and a 12-inch Clone Trooper (woo hoo!) during my lunch hour yesterday at these stores.
How's the Royal Guard look?

Stormie-
Have you tried the TRU in Hayward? I went there Tuesday night after I got off of work, and they had a bunch of the Geonosian Warriors, Dexter Jettsters as well as Niktos, Saesee Tiins, and others. I have yet to find the Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara, and Dooku.

I know www.bigbadtoystore.com has Episode II figures, and last time I checked, they still had Taun We in stock. I also got a note from them today saying that they had restocked the Episode II Merchandise. It might be worth your time to check their site out.

The figures are priced at $7.99 each, and you do have to wait about a week or so to get the toys, but they have a flat rate shipping fee of $4.99 no matter how much stuff you order! I have ordered from this company numerous times, and HIGHLY reccomend them! I have yet to receive an order that was damaged, or late! Their customer service is excellent, their shipping methods are the best, and everything is securly packed, and wrapped! :)

Hope the info helps!

HH and MTFBWY

c_richards
04-25-2002, 11:47 AM
If anyone is still missing figures, I thought I would give you a quick update. Try www.bigbadtoystore.com I just came from their site 2 minutes ago. They still have Taun We, Dexter, Geonosian, but out of Royal Guards, Luminara, and no Dookus.

They do have 12" in stock as well as the speeders and there is a note saying they will be getting more stuff in very soon!

It's worth checking them out!

MTFBWY

nwookie
04-25-2002, 12:18 PM
MV walmart: same stuff (still #'2 1-14) packed in.
MV Target: Still with some Dexters, Saesae, Genosain.

-neither restocked

nwookie
04-25-2002, 02:34 PM
anyone been to RWC TRU, Target, or Kmart to check their stock?

stormie
04-25-2002, 03:22 PM
Well, another no-food lunch has brought me up to needing only four more figures, as I found Dexter and the Geonosian at MV Target (thanks nwookie).

I was at the RWC TRU, Target, and Kmart at lunch on the 23rd, and the TRU had only the first 14, the Kmart had even fewer (though a nice little section), and the Target had absolutely no new figures. Of course, this may have changed since. I'll probably be checking them out either tomorrow or over the weekend.

c_richards- I haven't checked the Hayward TRU. I've been limiting my searches so far to the small radius of RWC to Mountain View. Hopefully when I have more time, I'll start looking farther out. :)

c_richards
04-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Stormie-

That's cool... I'm glad you got 2 more figures!
I like the Geonosian myself and Dexter looks pretty cool too! :)

Glad to be of assistance! :)

RooJay
04-25-2002, 04:37 PM
For any of you guys still looking, I just got back from TRU and Target in Concord, and both of them had Shaak Ti, Capt. Typho, Boba Fett, and the Tusken Raider Female w/ child. Yesterday I was at TRU in Fairfield where they had those as well. Still no sight of Luminara or Dooku at any of the 12 different stores I 've been to since the 23rd. None of those stores seem to be short on 12 inchers, or anything else for that matter. In fact Dooku and Luminara seem to be the only elusive items between Concord, Vallejo, and Fairfield.

nwookie
04-25-2002, 04:45 PM
maybe the question really is "Has anyone found Luminara or Dooku anywhere in the Bay area?"

c_richards
04-25-2002, 04:58 PM
I still need 4 figures to have a full set of the inital release.
I need:

Count Dooku
Luminara Unduli (sp)
Royal Guard
Taun We

I'm not one to travel all over the area....but if there are any seen in the SL, Hayward, UC or Fremont/Newark areas....please let me know. :)

THX

fightoned
04-25-2002, 05:17 PM
See my post #172 I found Luminara at the KB in Cupertino. No Dooku. That seems to be the one everyone is missing.

Grayhank
04-25-2002, 08:10 PM
I found Luminara and Count Dooku at Walmart in Rohnert Park and Windsor on the 23rd. As of today KBs in the Santa Rosa Plaza still had Luminara and Taun We. Count Dooku has not shown up at either of the two KBs here in town.

I went to the Novato/Marin Target yesterday and they seemed to have quite a few Clone Troopers, Dexters, Geonosians and Niktos but only 1 Padme. It's strange how the pegs differ from store to store within the same chain. The Targets here are overflowing with Padme's. Go figure.

c_richards
04-26-2002, 11:42 AM
I got my Count Dooku finally.
I had to do some serious searching, but I was able to pick him up last night. I paid $7.99 for them but I figured since Dooku is hard to get...why not! :)

Now down to needing Taun We, Luminara, and Royal Guard. :)

Now the real fun begins! :)

MTFBWY

nwookie
04-26-2002, 12:10 PM
sooooo, where did you find him?

c_richards
04-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Oh yeah...that might be helpfull....DUH!

Sorry....my brain isn't kicking in!

I found the Count at K&B toys...SOUTHLAND MALL, Hayward.
If you don't see him on the pegs...ask the Manager on Duty...I thought I heard him tell me they had 48 cases of his assortment alone!

Good luck!

nwookie
04-26-2002, 12:19 PM
ack! I won't have time to go over to that side of the bay for a while.

c_richards
04-26-2002, 12:30 PM
oh....Sorry to hear that....that sucks!
If I remember correctly, they also had Yoda, Ani (Hangar Duel) as well as Dooku.

No Taun We, Luminara, or Royal Gaurds.

Keep bugging your local K&B toys shops...maybe they can have a case shipped to them from the Southland store?

MTFBWY

Lone Jedi
04-27-2002, 06:56 PM
Here are the results of my toy hunt today:

Super K Mart lowered their figure prices from $8.19 :stupid:
to $5.99. I picked up the last Boba Fett. There were no Dookus, just pegwarming Jango and crew.

South Shore KB was a goldmine for me. They had pegs FULL of figures 1-6, 11, 13-16, 20, 21, and 24 (sorry, I'm too lazy to type all those names). Again, no Dooku. Best of all, these figures were the first release ones with the background inserts. They only had a handful of the elusive Dexter and Geonosian WITH inserts. So if you're into that variation, head on over!

I checked Southland KB based on c_richards' post, but there were no Dookus (not that I was prepared to find one). :cry:

I'm still hunting for Dooku, Luminara, Taun We, and Royal Guard. I also have yet to find Boba Fett, Battle Droid, and Plo Koon WITH inserts. Anyone come across these in the Bay Area?

fightoned
04-27-2002, 08:51 PM
I went to Time Tunnel in San Jose. They wanted $15 for Dooku which is a bargan when comparing to Ebay but I didn't buy it. It just isn't right and I will take my chance on finding one on my own. I at least got to see it.

Otherwise TRU winchester, KB Westgate, KB valco, KB Stevens Creeek, and Cupertino Target didn't have any Dooku, Luminara, Taun We, and Royal Guard.

Lone Jedi
04-28-2002, 03:15 PM
I got Boba with insert today. Didn't get those other HTF figures though. The hunt continues.........

asiandoood
04-28-2002, 07:15 PM
KB New Park, and TRU New Park mall had a few Clone Troopers, I dont know how hard those were, I picked one up of each. Still on the look out for Yoda, and Dooku

asiandoood
04-28-2002, 07:30 PM
oh... just found out, Kmart has a sale. All basic figures are 5.99, deluxe at 8.99 and 12 inch at 16.99.

i guess if u want lower than TRU prices, this is the place to go before may 4, when the sale is over

RooJay
04-29-2002, 05:38 AM
I stopped at the Dublin TRU on my way back from Great America on saturday, and they had tons of sneak preview figures (a whole bin of 'em!) for those of you that missed any of them. Plenty of Jango's!

stormie
04-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Extended my searches south on Saturday to include Milpitas Wal-Mart, Great Mall stores, and the Capitol/McKee TRU. Found nothing but the first 14 at the big stores, and a few Dexters at the EB and Software something-or-other at the Great Mall.
However (and this is a big however), I just quickly stopped at the Walgreens next to the TRU at Capitol/McKee, and found a Dooku! They must've had only like 10-15 total figures, and the lone Dooku was just hanging there at the front. Nothing else but Shaak Tis and Jangos. I guess this is a lesson for all of us...don't forget about the little stores!;)

c_richards
04-29-2002, 01:36 PM
I checked Southland KB based on c_richards' post, but there were no Dookus (not that I was prepared to find one). :cry:

Did you ask the manager for a Dooku? If I remeber correctly, I stated that they would not be on the pegs, and that you need to ask to buy one. I was told they had 48 cases of the Dooku assortment (along w/ Yoda) in their stock room, and I can verify they had a lot there!

They key is to ASK THE MANAGER for the figures. He knows that Pirates and Scalpers are out to make a quick buck on Dooku and wants to help EVERYONE get one...not let the scalpers and pirates snag them for themselves in order to fatten their wallets!

Try Again lone Jedi...but this time...be sure to ask the manager for them! If anything else....tell them you had them on hold. I can't tell you how many times I heard that when I was there Thursday!

Have fun!

MTFBWY

fightoned
04-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey Stormie,
Thanks for the tip because my son and I just got back from Walgreens on Saratoga and low and behold...Count Dooku! I couldn't believe it. Well I have completed my collection of Episode 2 figures!

Later

Lone Jedi
04-29-2002, 09:00 PM
c_richards, it's not that I didn't read your post carefully. I was just hoping that they would have restocked, and I'd find one on the pegs (you know, like in those wonderful dreams :eek: ). Since it was a saturday, there were a lot of shoppers and kids running around, so I just left. I didn't see anyone who looked like a manager, just a girl with what I assume to be her daughter working the counter (it must have been "take your kid to work day"). I also feel kinda weird going in and saying, "excuse me, I read from some guy on the net that you have 48 cases of the Dooku wave in back," ya know what I mean?

BTW, that last part was me being serious yet sarcastic at the same time, I wasn't pulling an attitude on you. :D

Thanks for your input, if I have time, I'll try again.

c_richards
04-30-2002, 12:22 PM
It's cool....I know the feeling, I can't tell you how many times I have gone into a K&B and walked out because of all the mass confusion!

Best time to hit them is during the week. The manager I talked to had longish blonde hair and a moustache with a goatee. I didn't get his name, but he seems like a really cool person! I would check back during the week!

I haven't gone out looking for the 3 I need since I need to give my checkbook and credit cards a serious rest. I was doing the calculations and with other expenditures I have exceeded my self-imposed limit on spending for the time being! I'll probably never get these figures now....but who knows.....maybe one of my collector buddies has a set for me that I can trade for or something! :)

Anyways....I hope you can get a Dooku soon....I happen to think they look really good. In my opinion it really does look like Christopher Lee.

Leave it to Lucas to thrust another fairly well known british "B" class horror and sci-fi actor into the spotlight! Thank you again Mr. Lucas!

MTFBWY

asiandoood
04-30-2002, 02:31 PM
I happily landed a Dooku today at TRU. whew...now I can sleep somewhat...lol. j/k.

...now onto Yoda and Mace Windu...and I'll call it a day for this wave ;)

c_richards
04-30-2002, 03:33 PM
asaindood-

Windu isn't out yet. Windu will be the next wave! :)

Yoda is out, but I think it's the same wave as Dooku....I'm not 100% sure

asiandoood
04-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by c_richards
asaindood-

Windu isn't out yet. Windu will be the next wave! :)

Yoda is out, but I think it's the same wave as Dooku....I'm not 100% sure

oooh...thanks...i was wondering why nobody has heard of it yet :D ...any ideas when the next wave is coming out?

how hard is yoda? I know he's a popular figure...but is he as rare as Dooku? I just came back from Kmart who had 10 new cases, and none of them came with any Dooku, Yoda, Luminara, etc. it was just two different cases with padme, and jango fett as the majority.

RooJay
04-30-2002, 03:47 PM
I have seen Yoda at nearly every store I've been to since the 23rd. He seems pretty common in my area.

c_richards
04-30-2002, 04:00 PM
Asaindood

I know Luminara, Taun We, and the Royal Gaurd are pains in the arse to get!

Dooku's wave is hard....but not impossible. All I can suggest is trying K&B toys in Southland Mall. When I was there last Thursday, the manager told me that they had like 48 cases of the Dooku wave in, and they had a ton of Yodas too!

Best bet is to ask for the store manager, then ask him for the Dookus and Yodas! He's really helpful, and will help you find what you need!

I have yet to find my Luminara, Taun We, and Royal Guards, but I got an email from a collector buddy/trade buddy that they got them for me...so my search is over....my set complete!

As for Windu, he should be out with the next wave which I had heard should hit in May sometime. More than likely AFTER the premiere of AOTC. This wave will also have Vader (Bespin) Luke (Bespin) and I think another 1 or 2 figures!

I hope the info helps!

Good luck hunting...and MTFBWY!

asiandoood
04-30-2002, 04:10 PM
c_richards:

Thanks a lot! I'll definately check up on Southland.

Sad thing today was, I could of had a chance to get Luminara, Taun We. When I saw Dooku, I was too adrenalined out to see those other two in time. I did however get the Royal Guard. Oh well...hehe..next time hopefully.

thanks again! HH and MTFBWY!!

stormie
04-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by fightoned
Hey Stormie,
Thanks for the tip because my son and I just got back from Walgreens on Saratoga and low and behold...Count Dooku! I couldn't believe it. Well I have completed my collection of Episode 2 figures!

Later

Cool! Glad it helped.
Now we just need to find you a TIE Bomber! ;) While I'm hunting for the Red Guard, Taun We, and Luminara, I'll keep my eyes open!

Pellaeon
04-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Well, I'm up to date. Got the Luminara today, and that makes #27 for me! I picked up a set (Luminara, Taun We, Royal Guard) for c_richards and another "off-line" friend. These were at the San Leandro WalMart this morning.

On the Tie Bomber, I happended to be out in the Ceres (Modesto) area yesterday, and they had several of these as well as the snowspeeder.

Lone Jedi
04-30-2002, 11:29 PM
I guess I'll have to check the Walgreens where I work this weekend for Dooku (fingers crossed) ;)

Grayhank
05-02-2002, 12:45 AM
Don't know if the good folks here at Sir Steves have posted this yet but here is the breakdown for the AOTC cases. I got this from another SW site.

848510012 Collection 1
2 X Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
2 X Super Battle Droid
2 X Obi Wan Kenobi
1 X Padme Amidala
1 X C3PO
2 X Jango Fett
1 X Kit Fisto
1 X R2-D2

848510013 Collection 1
1 X Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
1 X Super Battle Droid
1 X Obi Wan Kenobi
2 X Padme Amidala
2 X C3PO
2 X Jango Fett
2 X Kit Fisto
1 X R2-D2

84851001D Collection 1
2 X Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
1 X Super Battle Droid
1 X Obi Wan Kenobi
1 X Padme Amidala
1 X C3PO
1 X Kit Fisto
2 X Clone Trooper
2 X R2-D2
1 X Zam Wesell

848510015 Collection 1
2 X Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
2 X Yoda
2 X Count Dooku
3 X Clone Trooper
2 X Zam Wesell
1 X Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)

848510016 Collection 1
1 X Super Battle Droid
2 X Zam Wesell
3 X Clone Trooper
2 X Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
2 X Yoda
2 X Count Dooku

848610008 Collection 2
2 X Battle Droid
2 X Shaak Ti
2 X Captain Typho
2 X Tusken Raider
2 X Plo Koon
2 X Boba Fett

848610015 Collection 2
2 X Battle Droid
2 X Geonosian Warrior
2 X Saesee Tiin
2 X Dexter Jetster
2 X Jar Jar Binks
2 X Nikto

848610016 Collection 2
2 X Royal Guard
2 X Saesee Tiin
2 X Luminara Unduli
2 X Taun We
2 X Jar Jar Binks
2 X Nikto

848610017 Collection 2
2 X Royal Guard
2 X Shaak Ti
2 X Luminara Unduli
2 X Taun We
2 X Jar Jar Binks
2 X Boba Fett

c_richards
05-02-2002, 03:36 PM
Grayhank-

Thanks for the Case Pack list. Although I think SSG did post it, it's always good to have another view of it! :)

I have a question for anyone that would know. Looking at the case pack, it doesn't seem to follow the case assortment that I found that allowed me to get 6 figures Saturday before the release!

In the case that I found at my local Wally World, I pulled out a Yoda, Kit Fisto, Anikan (Hangar Duel), Jango (Kamino Escape), Clone Trooper, and Zam (Bounty Hunter). Is this another case assortment that is out there?

It sounds to me like the case I found may have been a set up for a Wally World employee friend to get certain figures. Maybe I'm wrong, but all case packs I have read so far, do not even mention any of these figures in this way!

In case you are curious about the rest of the case, it appeared to hold 8 as when I left, there were 2 that I didn't get another Yoda, and Clone Trooper.

Was this a case of a re-pack for a "friend", or did I stumble across another variant case pack that wasn't liste before?

Anyone have any ideas?

THX

MTFBWY

c_richards
05-02-2002, 03:37 PM
I guess I'll have to check the Walgreens where I work this weekend for Dooku (fingers crossed) ;)

Lone Jedi....

Did you find anything? Were you able to get your Dooku? :)

asiandoood
05-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Grayhank-

Thanks for the Case Pack list. Although I think SSG did post it, it's always good to have another view of it! :)

I have a question for anyone that would know. Looking at the case pack, it doesn't seem to follow the case assortment that I found that allowed me to get 6 figures Saturday before the release!

In the case that I found at my local Wally World, I pulled out a Yoda, Kit Fisto, Anikan (Hangar Duel), Jango (Kamino Escape), Clone Trooper, and Zam (Bounty Hunter). Is this another case assortment that is out there?

It sounds to me like the case I found may have been a set up for a Wally World employee friend to get certain figures. Maybe I'm wrong, but all case packs I have read so far, do not even mention any of these figures in this way!

In case you are curious about the rest of the case, it appeared to hold 8 as when I left, there were 2 that I didn't get another Yoda, and Clone Trooper.

Was this a case of a re-pack for a "friend", or did I stumble across another variant case pack that wasn't liste before?

Anyone have any ideas?

THX

MTFBWY

I agree...I stumbled upon 10 unopened cases at Kmart the other day. The employee let me look through them. The cases were numbers ending in 15 and 17, but no Luminara or Yoda in sight? Only the Jango, Super Battle Droid, and Padme were the dominant ones in the cases.

Lone Jedi
05-03-2002, 01:39 AM
c_richards: I work this Saturday, so I haven't checked for Dooku yet. The store is kinda ghetto, so I don't even know if they have any SW toys. I'll post if I find that old geezer. :crazed:

c_richards
05-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Hey all....

Lone Jedi....sounds like a plan. I hope you can find him..I think he is a good looking figure!

In case any of you are interested, I am going to be interviewed by the Daily Review, ANG Newspapers - Hayward/SL Area on Tuesday regarding Episode II and STAR WARS in general!

I'll make sure to put in a reference to SSG! :)

I'm also going to have my collection shot for the article!

The article will be posted on their site once it's completed. As soon as I have the info and/or the paper article in hand, I'll let you know the URL so you can check it out if you are interested! :)

Paelleon - Thanks for all the help w/ the figures....SEE YOU SATURDAY!

Everyone else here....Thanks for the support, and notices of what figures were found where! YOU ALL JUST ROCK!

I am really excited about this... the only thing I can think of that would be better than this would be Episode II tickets in my hand....or being cast as an extra trooper in Episode III. I'd PAY Mr. Lucas to be a trooper and take a laser bolt to the chest! :) Of course, I'd want the armor I wore too! :)

More than likely.....no figure hunting for me this weekend since I am strapped in the wallet...and my checkbook is taking a major hiadus! :)

Until the next time people....Take care....good luck in looking for the figures, and MTFBWY!

asiandoood
05-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey all....

I am really excited about this... the only thing I can think of that would be better than this would be Episode II tickets in my hand....or being cast as an extra trooper in Episode III. I'd PAY Mr. Lucas to be a trooper and take a laser bolt to the chest! :) Of course, I'd want the armor I wore too! :)

More than likely.....no figure hunting for me this weekend since I am strapped in the wallet...and my checkbook is taking a major hiadus! :)

Until the next time people....Take care....good luck in looking for the figures, and MTFBWY!

AMC Mercado!!! Now!! 12:01 tix availble!!! I just got mine...so Im set ....now to look for that damn Yoda I cant find :p

stormie
05-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey c_richards, how'd the paper find out about your collection? Just curious. I'm really interested to see the pictures. Have fun with the interview!

On to reports. Just quickly visited the MV WM and Target...but nothing except the usual Padmes, Battle Droids, Jangos and a smattering of Jar Jars. Stopped at the RiteAid nearby (with the hope that it will bring luck similar to Walgreens), but nothing at all. Should've known, but had to take a stab. ;)

Good luck this weekend everyone!

c_richards
05-03-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by asiandoood
AMC Mercado!!! Now!! 12:01 tix availble!!! I just got mine...so Im set ....now to look for that damn Yoda I cant find :p

asaindood-
go to www.bigbadtoystore.com THEY HAVE HIM IN. $7.99 plus $4.99 for shipping! They also have a lot of others....but Dooku is sold out! :)

Stormie-
One of our friends works for the Review, and told her co-worker that I am a Die-Hard fan. She emailed me and asked if I would be willing to be the subject of the story since she was a STAR WARS fan herself, and wanted to do a story and shoot right before Episode II opened! :)

The rest...as they say...is history! :)

MTFBWY!

stormie
05-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Just made a little lunch-time trip up to Redwood City, and the TRU had beaucoup Dooku (can't tell you how long I've been wanting to use that one!;)). There were at least 10 or so, plus about the same number of HD Anakins, Zams and Clones. No Guards, Taun Wes, or Luminaras, though. The Target in RWC had a couple Dexters, but not much else.
Good luck!

Lone Jedi
05-04-2002, 12:04 AM
c_richards: I stopped by the Southland KB tonight and didn't find the Sith geezer which I seek. I asked for the manager but was told he wasn't on shift. Steeeeerike 2! :rolleyes:

stormie: congrats on your find! You didn't by any chance pick up an extra Dooku, did you? :p

Here are the places I checked tonight:

Super K Mart
SL Wal*Mart
Greenhouse KB
24 hour Walgreens in SL
Hayward TRU
Southland KB
Southland Suncoast/Sam Goody
Bayfair KB
Bayfair Suncoast/Sam Goody
Bayfair Electronics Boutique (or Software Etc., I forget which)
SL Target
SL K Mart

None of these stores had the 4 figures I need. Perhaps another day. :dead:

stormie
05-06-2002, 11:57 AM
Lone Jedi- Only got a few extra Clones, but not an extra Dooku. Sorry! I think these are going to start showing up more regularly soon, so hang on! I didn't even bother checking the stores this weekend, because I suspect they aren't going to restock until the movie hits. And besides, it's really frustrating to visit all these stores, and end up with nothing (as I'm sure you know!);)
Still looking for Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We...probably next week. ;)

c_richards
05-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Lone Jedi-
Sorry that you struck out again looking for Dooku! My last suggestion to all you people still looking for figures and willing to wait is to try www.bigbadtoystore.com.

They HAD the figures in 2 days ago, but with the madness getting more and more frantic, it's hard to say what, if any is still in stock. All their figures are $7.99 plus they have a $4.99 flat rate shipping fee on all orders no matter how much or how little you buy!

I did manage to get my Taun We, Luminara, and Royal Guard thanks to Peallon....
To anyone that has Taun We, I think she looks like a cross between the classic "Roswell" or "Gray" aliens, and an Ant!

I also picked up a 2-player set of the ATOC CCG's that WOTC put out. The cards look great, and I pulled out a Darth Tyrannus, and Ani Holofoil. :) I also bought one of those 500 piece puzzles in the collector's tin. That took me most of the day Saturday, and half the day Sunday to do.

Last but not least, I spent a good majority of the day yesterday getting my stuff ready for the interview tomorrow. I built a small stage using emptied shipping cases from Hasbro, covered it in some STAR WARS bedsheets I had laying around, and as a backdrop, put up the Episode II teaser on one side, the Episode II "Poster-B" on the other side with a Han in Carbonite Standee in the middle of them both. I also have on display my Boba Fett Helmet from Don Post Studios, my original Star Wars metal lunch box (still has the thermos too), Jedi Knight II collectors edtion tin, some Episode II figures, and a bunch of other stuff, and a LOT of figures. I took a rough count, and I have 19 or so cases filled with figures. If each case holds 16 figures that comes to at least 304 figures....at $6.00 a piece, that $1824.00 that I have spent at least in getting this many figures! :)

I know....pathetic isn't it?

Until the next time....MTFBWY!

IG-89
05-06-2002, 03:09 PM
My usual Monday toy hunt actually yielded results:

RWC TRU - Dooku/Yoda wave in abundance here folks. Also some FX-7 wave.

SM TRU - Boshek Wave. Remnants of Dooku/Yoda wave as there were plenty of Clone troops/Zams/HD Ani left.

MV Walmart - Remnants of Taun We wave. All the Royal guards and Luminaras were gone but did managed to snag the last two Kamino Cloners. Also had some Zams and HD Ani.

What's with these scalpers? Do they actually think they can make some money buy hoarding all the Dookus and Yodas???

BTW, got back from C2....what a horrific experience just to get the Sacul figure. Yikes. Some dealers already had the new Bespin Luke so be on the lookout for these soon.
Still looking for Red Guard and Luminara....but might as well add these new figures to my wish list.....

MTFBWY.

c_richards
05-06-2002, 05:54 PM
[B]What's with these scalpers? Do they actually think they can make some money buy hoarding all the Dookus and Yodas???[ /B]

Scalpers are like sharks....they smell blood in the water, and it's off for a feeding frenzy!

Let's face it... Dooku's will be a bit scarce for a while....but I have a feeling it's going to go the way like others....give them a moment, and Hasbro will flood the market with them! :)

Oh well...Lone Jedi, I hope you get your Dooku's soon!:)

TTYL

MTFBWY!

Lone Jedi
05-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the warm wishes, guys. I checked my Walgreens this past weekend, and they didn't have any SW at all.....maybe when the movie comes out. After all, they stocked those Henry Potty figures last winter.

c_richards
05-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey all....
I thought you might want to know that Fandango.com as well as moviefone.com are now seeling tickets for Epsiode II.

I just got mine for the 8:15pm show for May 16th. I had a choice of a lot of times, but I thought with work and all, this would be my best choice....

Of course, I plan to see it again on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday! :)

Hope the info helps....
MTFBWY!

Lone Jedi
05-08-2002, 08:44 PM
c_richards: what theatre are you going to?

On a side note, I finally got the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder from yestertoys.com today and ordered Dooku from Amazon.com yesterday.

asiandoood
05-09-2002, 04:49 AM
TRU at new park had a lot of Zam Wessels on wednesday. A few clone troopers were there too. I was surprised.

...still no Yoda though. :(

c_richards
05-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Lone Jedi-

I'll be at the Century 16. I have tickets for the 8:15pm showing. While this may not be the midnight showing that I was hoping to go to again as I did for Episode I, I at least get to see it on the 16th, and will be one of the first to see it! :)

Of course, you know this means I WILL have to bring a lightsaber to the theater! :)

MTFBWY

RooJay
05-09-2002, 03:23 PM
I'm gonna see the movie for free the night before! I used to be a theater manager and I still have well placed friends in the biz!:p
Nope, no waiting in line for tickets for me!:happy: Shh! Don't tell anybody.;)

stormie
05-09-2002, 03:27 PM
Another lunch-time foray to the stores, and another empty-handed return. Nothing at the Target, Kmart, or TRU in RWC. However, I did see a ton of the BoShek wave at TRU...all marked at $5.99. There were also a smattering of FX-7s, and an Eeth Koth (thounds like I'm lithping). There might've been some other stuff, but while I was casually looking through them, some dude decided that's where he'd like to look too, and kinda just pushed his way in to take what he wanted...and what he didn't take, he took off the pegs, and left scattered. Kinda rude nonetheless (though maybe I was more sensitive to this since I was hungry). ;)
Good luck!

RooJay
05-09-2002, 05:29 PM
I'd have just pushed that guy out of the way, but that's just me!;) Sometimes rudeness begets rudeness.

fightoned
05-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Has anyone seen and of the new wave of figures?

I usually never by advanced tickets .. but I went to see Spiderman today (which was great) so I picked up tickets for AOTC for 4PM opening day at Century 22 in SJ. I am taking my kid and we will have to bring lightsabers too c_richards!

asiandoood
05-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
I'm gonna see the movie for free the night before! I used to be a theater manager and I still have well placed friends in the biz!:p
Nope, no waiting in line for tickets for me!:happy: Shh! Don't tell anybody.;)

"dry run" as they call it i think ;) ...i use to work at a century theatre too.... too bad that was like 6 years ago... all the assistant managers are gone :(

RooJay
05-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I had 16 assistant managers myself! Having friends higher placed in the company is much more helpful though! They NEVER have their privileges revoked.
Which Century did you work at asiandoood?

asiandoood
05-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
Yeah, I had 16 assistant managers myself! Having friends higher placed in the company is much more helpful though! They NEVER have their privileges revoked.
Which Century did you work at asiandoood?

I was at Century East in Fremont off of 880. Old school theatre. :D Before any megaplexes existed. Damn Im old :p

RooJay
05-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that one is pretty tiny and run down looking; at least from the outside. LOL

asiandoood
05-10-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey fellow bay area collectors.... I've had a very good day today and so can you.....

Target New Park Mall Newark has: Taun We, Luminara, Royal Guard. If you havent gotten these yet, now's your chance. I was there at 10 a.m. and there were at least 5 of each on the pegs.

KB Oakridge Mall San Jose has: Count Dooku yes!!! you heard right.... there are at least 10-12 on the pegs....get them while you can. They also had Annakin Hanger Duel. It looks like they just put them out. I was there at around 2 p.m. I finished off my collection with the only one I was looking for... Yoda... woohoo!!

good luck, I hope this helps...and happy hunting :)