PDA

View Full Version : OTC Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

Kyle Katarn
08-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Well I got my vehicle this Tuesday and this is my review about it:

Although we had seen this vehicle in past series I think it's better now because of the package which lets you see a part of this TIE and has the picture of two TIE figters it in the back that makes you remeber that heroic scene in which Han Solo makes his part . This vehicle has some action included: It can deploy dual cannons, it launches missiles and the cockpit can be opened(oh!) It also includes Darth Vader's figure which is not so bad, It doesn't include the lightsaber but this figure cape is textil and not plastic.

Turbowars
08-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah I like it also. I didn't buy any of the POTF2 ships back in the day, so this one is very welcome and in the window box it makes it even better!.

TheDarthVader
08-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I have been thinking about getting this item. Would both of you recommend it? I know they are making a "to scale" tie fighter. I wonder if they would ever make a "to scale" Vader's tie fighter. Hmmm. I thinking about this: Do I have room for another vehicle? I guess I could find a spot for it. I love Darth Vader (of course), and I usually try to collect his figures. I guess this was his only vehicle in the OT. (I already have the imperial shuttle.) But would yall give it a good recommendation?? I am really concerned about the vehicle, not the figure. Thanks for the help!!! (Retails for $24.99, worth it?)

B.
TDV

Kyle Katarn
08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
I totally recomend it TheDarthVader, you will be happy with this vehicle, I kept it on its box and it looks cool, I don't know how will you keep it but I think opened is also cool.

Ji'dai
08-11-2004, 06:55 PM
I decided to return the one I bought. I already have a vintage and POTF2 Vader's TIE so I rationalized that I didn't need another one taking up space. The OTC packaging is the biggest selling point even if you already have an older release of this ship. But the nifty OTC packaging alone isn't enough for me to keep the one I bought.

plasticfetish
08-12-2004, 04:48 AM
But would yall give it a good recommendation?? I am really concerned about the vehicle, not the figure. Thanks for the help!!! (Retails for $24.99, worth it?)Yeah, if you don't have one already, I think it's totally worth it. (I seriously doubt that they'll ever do a different version of this one.) I suspect that they'll probably get marked down to under $20 also, if they're still sitting on the shelves come X-mas.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2004, 09:04 AM
I got one. I wasn't going to, at first, but it just called to me! :D I ended up getting it and I certainly don't regret it. It is a fine, fine ship. I'm glad I never got that fakey vintage one that was all wrong. :)

TheDarthVader
08-12-2004, 05:33 PM
I think I will get one. Thanks for the information everyone! I think this vehicle looks extra sweet.

B.
TDV