PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone sorry theyy didn't collect this line from the beginning?

jedi-cpa
08-06-2004, 03:15 PM
I am...I am a MIP collector, but I think I would really want these loose to display.

Those who have collected these from the beginning. Sorry? Or happy you did.

I didn't feel like I really missed anything until I saw that Emperor...Awesome!

El Chuxter
08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
I've been collecting since the start, and have loved this line. (Of course, I'm one of the few who loved the Epic Force and Jedi Powers lines, but this blows those away!)

I passed on the red Clonetrooper variant, since I like the totally anonymous foot soldier better than the officer, and it wouldn't look good to display both. And I missed the extremely rare unmasked Vader, which Hasbro doesn't plan to release again (for now). Aside from that, my collection is complete up through the current wave.

If you're just starting out, Chewbacca, Hoth Luke, Leia, Clonetrooper, and Obi-Wan are hitting shelves fairly heavily (check your Targets!). (Masked) Vader, Mace, Dooku, Palpatine, and (I think) Jedi Luke are going to be re-released on the new cards soon, which look a lot nicer than the originals. Han, Jango, Padme, and Maul pegwarmed pretty heavily, so should be relatively easy to find. Anakin didn't quite pegwarm, but was never tough to find, either. The only ones that might take more effort would be Boba and Yoda, two recent releases that I don't believe are going to be re-released anytime soon.

Kidhuman
08-06-2004, 03:53 PM
What irked me about this, is the stores by me only got the Jango/Boba figure in. I bought that(actually Sweetrain got it for me for Christmas) and never saw anymore after that. I would have bought more, but never saw them again until about 4 months ago.

Vortex
08-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I got in on the ground floor with this line. Was a little disapointed at first, the Maul and Jango for me were very weird cool in a way that it was new, but odd since they were so over dramatized. I bought a 2 a piece since they were something new and I thought they would hit big.

Well I remember trying to make space in the house last dec. and I tried to push the jango and maul off to my toy shop friend who also sells at toy shows and he didn't want them. Said he tried to sell the same figs earlier and no takers. So I just gave the extra set away to little kids. Sort of kicking myself since the demand for the Unleashed line is taking off and I could have made a few bucks back, but hind sight is always 20/20.

I haven't missed any yet, and I have the "collection" up to date and that's counting the red clone, but some of them are still very weird and I'm not totally excited about them or totally turned off. Its a neat idea, but some of the poses are just a little too much for me.

Turbowars
08-07-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm very happy to have started with wave 1. I didn't start buying 2 each until the card change. The carded ones are taking too much room, but they look awesome! Funny thing is I just saw the Hoth Luke wave at Target today. I thought they dropped the line.

Reefer Shark
08-07-2004, 08:58 PM
I've been collecting 'em since wave 1 also. I have 'em all opened up (except the Red Clone, and an extra Boba).

I'm very happy with the line. They are awesome display pieces.

Hellboy
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I've collected since day one and started out buying 1 of each carded and an extra opener of the figures I felt were worthy of being displayed. I eventually sold off my carded collection at retail price to a friend who wanted to start collecting the line but missed out on the earlier stuff. I kept only my loose collection and the only figures I didn't like enough to open were Anakin, Padme, the Clone Captain variant, and both Vaders.

Ji'dai
08-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I've been passing on these figurines since Wave 1 ;) They look look cool, but I don't care for statues. I've seen every one of them at retail but don't regret not getting them. My interests are mainly in the 3-3/4" and 12" lines so anything not in scale with those I pass by. I didn't buy the Epic Force for the same reason. And I'm surprised Unleashed is so popular since the Epic line kinda tanked.

AngmarKing
08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I never noticed this line until I saw Han Solo @ TRU just before Christmas. At the time I thought they were nice looking, bu never gave it much more thought. About a month ago I decided to get a clone trooper, as I thought it looked nice. Well, a month later I have them all except Dooku & Redemptopn Vader:eek:

Rocketboy
08-11-2004, 04:38 PM
I just wish that I had picked up a few I wanted earlier - the 1 or 2 times I actually saw them.

mm74md
08-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Those who have collected these from the beginning. Sorry? Or happy you did.

Very happy. Well, the first wave didn't really do it for me. I think the original Vader & Padme are what got me started. I was lucky enough to get Jango & Maul on clearance at Target and the Mace/Dooku/Anakin on clearance at KB Toys. I've bought every one since (except for the 2nd Vader).

Slicker
08-11-2004, 07:34 PM
I've tried my darndest to collect all of them but it's hard to find any that aren't all beat up what with their size and all. And I don't want to sound like a cheapa$$ but I really didn't want to spend $20 on one figure when I could buy three 3 3/4 figures. I really like the poses and I like the choice and range of characters they've made thus far (with the exceptions of Aayla Secura and Aurra Sing IMO).

Hellboy
08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I've tried my darndest to collect all of them but it's hard to find any that aren't all beat up what with their size and all.

Thats why you open these suckers up Slicker. Trust me nothing screams to be Unleashed from it's plastic prison more than these figures.

gsr-jedi
08-11-2004, 09:32 PM
I was looking forward to buying these when I first saw them, and I'm glad I've gotten them since. The only ones I'm missing are Mace, Dooku (I saw both once and didn't want to pay the KB Toys premium price, and I never saw them again), Unmasked Vader (wasn't too interested in this variation), and red clone (yet to see it). I started off keeping them closed and when they were on clearance at Target I decided to open, cause if I wanted to have them closed I could buy them cheap. I'm glad I've opened them. I enjoy almost all of them.

Slicker
08-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Thats why you open these suckers up Slicker. Trust me nothing screams to be Unleashed from it's plastic prison more than these figures.Your probably right, the sculpting is amazing and they would look good on a shelf or desk but I have everything packed away right now so it would be kinda tough to find just a few unleashed figures. I've also very briefly entertained the thought of opening my ENTIRE collection just to see if I have as much as I think but I like to display my stuff and loose figures just don't display as good as packaged ones IMO.

jedi master sal
08-12-2004, 12:39 PM
I have every one except Vader redux. I have every packaing variation up to present except Leia (whom I only have in the new packaging). (This means Obi on standard Unleashed for instance as well as character specific card-two of).

I started collecting two of each when they went to the VERY wise decision to make the cards character specific. I had only opened Maul and Jango before the card change. Now I'm opening some of my other Unleashed. They are awesome. Yoda is very cool. I have him on my computer at work. Leia, White Clone, Red Clone and Boba have a nice spot on the top of my entertainment center. Chewie, Luke (Jedi) and Luke (Hoth) are on a roll-top desk, etc etc.

These figs should definitely be displayed open.

I went into IKEA on Tuesday and found a great wall mounted display case for all of my unleased. It goes for $99 and keeps the figs cmpletely dust free. Once I build and mount that thing and put my figs in, I'll try to remember to post a pic. I bought two lights to mount on the top of the display case that have swivel arms so I can choose to illuminate them if I so desire.

So to answer the original question, no regrets at all. Other than I can't find a Vader Redux or get one cheap off of eBay.

Tycho
10-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I've loved collecting this line from the beginning.

I only collect 1 of each, and I open them and display them "Unleashed."

I set them up in groups by my themed displays.

Darth Maul is by himself but I'd love to get some BattleDroids and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to join him, perhaps with Padme Hanger Fight.

Jango Fett is also by himself, but if they ever revisit an E2 Obi-Wan, Kamino is the place to do him (I'd have thought they would've done this originally, too).

Anakin, Padme, Mace, Obi-Wan, and the Clone Trooper Captain are all on display together.

Darth Vader is by himself, but I'd love a Bespin Luke to go with him.

Count Dooku is posed shooting lightning at Yoda.

Princess Leia is by Boba Fett Sarlaac Escape.

Luke Jedi is fighting Darth Sidious Force Lightning.

Han Solo is with Chewbacca.

Luke Snowspeeder is by himself. Perhaps a Snowtrooper Unleashed will be made to square off with him? I don't know. I'm not totally sure I like Luke and he remains unopened thus far. I'll probably keep him, but don't currently know for certain.

The Tusken I plan to display by himself. I got a paint job I was satisfied with.

Bossk will probably go with any other Bounty Hunters except Jango, Aurra, or Boba. So that's IG-88 only right now.

Aayla Secura will face off with Aurra Sing from a reinactment of the Republic comics when Aayla defeated Sing (seemingly once and for all). I wasn't sure I wanted these two, but Aurra looks to be great and Aayla is done so nicely I couldn't resist picking her up. (I got a paint job with almost no pink tint on her).

Aside from Episode 3 Unleashed, I really don't care if this line ends soon, or slows down. I enjoy almost every release though - but I have very specific characters like Qui-Gon and Lando that I want to see made before Luke in every outfit, etc.

I don't want the Unleashed Line to ever get as large or random as the 3 3/4".

stillakid
10-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Sorry I haven't gotten them all? Nah. Most of them look awful...or at least not as good as they could have been. I've only picked up the ones that really caught my eye. Too bad I couldn't have had the same attitude toward the 3" line. Coulda saved a ton of cash throughout the years...

Tycho
10-07-2004, 10:47 AM
So which ones did you buy Stillakid?

stillakid
10-07-2004, 08:39 PM
So which ones did you buy Stillakid?

I have Slave Leia, Tusken Raider, Yoda, Clone Troopers, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca.

I wish that Vader would have been better as he is the lynchpin of the whole saga. I just wasn't that impressed with how they "unleashed" him. I'd love to see Biker Scouts Unleashed somehow...maybe one just a moment from impacting a Redwood...something like the 12" Scout on a bike (but slightly smaller to scale) and the control vanes are caught at the moment they are shattering into the tree trunk. You know, capture that precise moment just before death when the guy under the mask realizes what is about to happen. THAT would be an awesome Unleashed!

A good R2 would be cool too...somebody else mentioned a long time ago that he could be all blown apart with electricity flying like right after he gets shot on Endor. Something like that would be worth buying.

aceguide
10-11-2004, 08:47 AM
I have only selectively purchased my unleashed, and am very happy with them. I am worried about the material they are made of. My clone Trooper is already starting to list.

I will stick with the characters I like and leave the rest on the pegs.

OC47150
10-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Like aceguide, I've only bought the ones I've liked. I have six. I'd still like to add Yoda and Maul to my collection.

bobafrett
10-13-2004, 10:15 AM
I've purchased every single Unleashed figure, with no regrets. I even bought 2 of some of the earlier unleasehed (Jango, Maul etc.) when they went on clearance to have to open. The later ones I had trouble finding at the stores, up until the last two waves. Now I see plenty at Wal-Marts and TRU stores. I hope this trend continues so that all collectors can enjoy this fantastic line. I will admit, their are some figures I like better than others, but so far none have made me want to stop collecting the Unleashed line.

Rocketboy
10-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I anyone still having a hard time finding them?
I can find Luke Jedi, Yoda, Han, and the Emperor at any given time...and it's been like that for months! Obi-Wan is starting to show up in abundance now too.

I've seen Luke Hoth, Chewie, and Slave Leia once, maybe twice. Other than that, I've seen nothing new.

mrpauldeeds
10-13-2004, 09:51 PM
I wish i started from the begining. and here are some reasons, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Yoda, Han Solo, old Mace and Vader (both variations) Anakin, pretty much everything besides the last 2 waves. i dont want to turn to eBay, cuz everything its over 20 bucks and 10 bucks for shipping, its absurd.

man consider yourself lucky rocketboy. I wish i could find a yoda or han, or even a luke jedi. all i see are obi wans and darth sidious, and as of late, bossk, tusken and aalya.

did anyone have a hard time finding the clone trooper, randomly the first one i saw was at target the other day. it was the red variation. dunno which one is harder to find, but man, i was proud to pick that one up. it was just like "WOW, something new?" lol i didnt even see it at first cuz most unleashed by me are just sidious and obi wan.

Rocketboy
10-13-2004, 09:57 PM
man consider yourself lucky rocketboy. I wish i could find a yoda or han, or even a luke jedi. all i see are obi wans and darth sidious, and as of late, bossk, tusken and aalya.
Lucky? Han is the only decent one of the ones I listed (IMO) that are clogging the pegs.
And they've sat there on the pegs forever. They should have been clearanced out months ago.