PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Star Destroyer question

hango fett
08-08-2004, 10:30 AM
is there anywhere i can get this for under $200. don't say ebay because they are all above 200. also, if anyone has it, can you give me your opinion on it?
HF

Kidhuman
08-08-2004, 07:59 PM
No, it is a Lego Shop at home deal and that is the only real place you can get it. I do believe it is 400 dollars.

hango fett
08-08-2004, 09:19 PM
299.99 to be exact...that sucks....
HF

Kidhuman
08-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Yes it does. But if you are looking for a cool Lego set for under 200 bucks, look into getting the Cloud City set. It is only 99.99

dindae
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM
I've had the set since X'mas and the framework doesn't seem to be holding it together anymore. The other week i had to rebuild it almost. At first it was simply loose and I figured I would just sqeeze it back and it would be good but then when I picked it up it was like the Money Pit and everything was falling off as I was trying to fix other area. So forty five minutes later it is fixed but today I go in at it is falling apart again. Anyone have this issue?

JediTricks
08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Wow, that sounds awful. Is it possible that the magnets are to blame, or do you suspect that the weight of the set is too much for the frame? (You suggested the latter but I figured I'd throw the magnets out there as a possibility since they always seemed folly to me.)

dindae
08-12-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't think the magnets have much to do with it but they might. I think the problem is in weight distribution. The magnets don't hold the bottom firmly so if one side falls down from the magnet attachment I beleive that puts undo stress on the support feet. The feet eventually crack and then it leans to the side causing more problems in the framework. Now I haven't seen this happen but that is my guess.

LusiferSam
08-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Magnets? What on earth does this set have for magnets? And why?

mastermatt24
08-12-2004, 12:44 AM
I have my lego Blockade Runner on top of my SW book case, and I love it, BUT as it gets older it's engines are starting to sag.. The frame doesnt support all of the engines and sometimes just a few sag and you have to snap them back. I shouldnt complain.. the SD sounds much worse with frame problems. :neutral:
How hard is the SD to build?

dindae
08-12-2004, 08:08 AM
In order to get the slant shape like this <>. They hinges the panel on the outside and used magnets to hold the middle. This works fine on the top but they could have used a couple more on the bottom. The set is as hard as any other set but it did take every bit of eight hours to put together. I have had no problems with my blockade runner. And if I went into the room that I keep my legos in more often I could probably avoid my Star Destroyer woes.