PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Kotobukiya

Jayspawn
08-09-2004, 10:06 AM
I dont personally own any of these yet but for those of you who do...

How do you like em?

Which ones do you have?

I'm holding out for the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett models but the others are tempting to get -especially Darth Vader.

derek
08-09-2004, 06:14 PM
i've got vader. he's really nice, but i think this whole line is WAY overpriced. these are basically roto cast vinal figures with no articulation. i really think anything more than $20 each is way too much.

Hellboy
08-09-2004, 09:16 PM
i really think anything more than $20 each is way too much.

True. Especially when you consider the Unleashed line is out there for $15 a piece. Granted they aren't as nice as the Kotobukiyas, most notably Vader, but the difference in quality doesn't justify being almost 7 times more expensive.

mm74md
08-10-2004, 12:48 PM
I only have the Vader which I got from www.toynk.com for $70 a few months back when they had a sale. I've seen the Clone Trooper & Jango Fett in a comic book store in the DC area at $94.99. I would really like to get the Darth Maul & both the Fetts...but that would be $300!!!! My wife would surely kill me, sell off my collection, and get that inground pool she's always wanted with my life insurance money.

Jayspawn
08-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll probably just stick with the Unleashed figures. I'll definatly get the Koto Stormtrooper when he finally comes out. I'm a big Stormie fan what can I say.

dr_evazan22
08-12-2004, 04:41 PM
The Koto fig;s are 1-1/2 to 2 times the size as the Unleashed, IMO. I have Vader and the Clone Trooper. Love Vader, great pose. Boba Fett looks awesome too! They're just expensive because they are imports.

Jayspawn
08-13-2004, 10:31 AM
How good is the detail on the Kotos? I imagine them as larger, more detailed unleashed figures.

derek
08-13-2004, 05:04 PM
The Koto fig;s are 1-1/2 to 2 times the size as the Unleashed, IMO. I have Vader and the Clone Trooper. Love Vader, great pose. Boba Fett looks awesome too! They're just expensive because they are imports.

technically everything is an import.;)

Ok, i could see them costing maybe $30 each, but no more.

Jay.

the detail is excellent. the head sculpts could be better on the humans, but the characters with helmets are spot-on.

they are all really nice, just way too expensive. i could see getting 1 or 2 of them, but $80 to $100 each is too much for me.:)

mm74md
08-30-2004, 10:11 AM
EntertainmentEarth.com (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/aff-home.asp?id=SI-305158297&number=DH10681) is reporting a new ESB Yoda Koto for about $45. This should be coming out in March. Looks pretty sweet.