PDA

View Full Version : Left over/pegwarming VOTC figures? (merged)

Veers
08-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Which figure is not selling good from the VOTC line at your local stores? At Target and Wal Mart stores around here, there are several Obi Wans warming the pegs. If they mark it down, I will get another one to open.

Hellboy
08-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Well I wouldn't say any of them are "warming the pegs" as of yet. Considering they've only been out for a short time I'm pretty impressed with how fast they seem to be moving when you take the price point into consideration. The new waves seem to be coming out without problem as I've seen Luke several times and a few friends over the weekend have already obtained Vader and Yoda from the next assortment.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I have only seen three of the figs: Han, Ben, and Leia. I've seen Leia only once, so I guess that leaves Han and Ben as "pegwarmers." Ha, ha.

dindae
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing Nashville is a slow market since I have yet to go into a Target without seeing Han, Ben, and Leia. Not to say they are warming the pegs but they aren't flying off the shelfs like the OTC. I did see Vader, Yoda and Luke today for the first time.

gsr-jedi
08-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Around here, it seems that all the Targets are stockpiled with the Han, Ben, & Leia. They were moving when they first showed up and now they seem to be shipping.

Kyle Katarn
08-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Here at Julio Cepeda I've only found Bne, Han and Leia..Luke's missing, I'll need to go more constantly so I can find him.

Turbowars
08-09-2004, 07:27 PM
If anything the Han and Obi sit a bit longer. Leia's doesn't because she's short packed. The other day I found 2 each of Vader, Luke and Yoda, you better believe all of them went home with me. There were about 6 each of Obi and Han, but only 2 Liea's. I went back with my wife about 5 hours later and there was one Obi left. After opening all 6, I have to say that Han and Luke are the best in the set so far. Yoda comes next, Vader, Leia then Obi.

sumdumchum
08-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Well, over here in Miami the only figures I've seen have been Ben, Luke, Han and Leia. The one that sits there the most (although as someone said before you can't really call it a pegwarmer) is Han, second comes Ben and Luke and Leia are hardly ever found. I think Han will most likely be the one sitting there over time but I may just be wrong :p

Ji'dai
08-09-2004, 08:48 PM
I first saw VOTC here on 21 July at Suncoast; Han & Leia, the only ones I saw, were $12.99 each. They were gone a week later.

Flash forward to today: I find 2 of each of Han, Ben, & Luke at K-Mart, but every one of the clamshells was crushed. TRU had 2 Hans left; probably leftovers from weekend shoppers.

These figures will probably be gone by the end of the week though, including the damaged ones.

mark2d2
08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
After opening all 6, I have to say that Han and Luke are the best in the set so far. Yoda comes next, Vader, Leia then Obi.

Yoda better than Vader?

I am intrigued.
How are his legs?
Post some pics, please!

I am so dying to find more of these guys. So far, have just the first three.
And only Ben open, but I think he is pretty darn cool.
The fact that you rank him dead last means this line will REALLY knock me out!

Got to find the others and openers for Han and Leia ASAP! :crazed:

B'Omarr Monkey
08-09-2004, 11:10 PM
The one Leia I saw, I bought. I've never seen Luke. There are plenty of han and Ben at both Tragets near me. Beyond these I've yet to see any other VOTC or any of the OTC collection (other than the vehicles and 12" Luke)

JEDIpartner
08-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I've not seen any Lukes either. *shrug* I guess that particular case assortment hasn't yet shipped in the Cleveland area.

Sentinel18725
08-11-2004, 09:22 AM
I was able to find a Han and Ben at KMart in the St. Louis area...lots of Han's left. While I was in Kentucky, I found Yoda and Darth and luke but he was damaged......no Leia yet though. Considering how short these are packed, I only find maybe four at a time, the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett are going to be real hard to find.

vadersvette
08-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Here in the Akron, Ohio area, the figures can't stay on the shelves. The only ones I've seen warming the pegs were Obi-Wans, but they get snatched up within a day or so after I see them. I have heard that the Toysrus in my area has had the Luke, but there was only one, and is now gone :( But from I've seen at various SW sites, Luke is being found with Vader and Yoda, so hopefully he'll show up soon. I remember reading that one of the case assortments had 3 Lukes per case :cool:

mark2d2
08-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Here in LA, Han seems to be hanging around the longest.

Everytime, I go out theres one or two of him on the pegs.

Still, he's certainly no pegwarmer. Not by a long shot.
I mean, the most I've seen in any one place is three.

=dave=
08-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm not a big starwars/toy fan but I'd like to get a few of these figures for my friends and maybe the vader to hang on my office wall. I called around and except on ebay no one has a vader, stormtrooper, luke, yoda, c3p0,r2d2,chewbacca, or bobba fett. Just obywan,leia,hansolo.

Why can't I find any of the other figures? I see them selling on ebay for more then retail price, especially stormtrooper and vader. can someone enlighten me?

mark2d2
08-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm not a big starwars/toy fan but I'd like to get a few of these figures for my friends and maybe the vader to hang on my office wall. I called around and except on ebay no one has a vader, stormtrooper, luke, yoda, c3p0,r2d2,chewbacca, or bobba fett. Just obywan,leia,hansolo.

Why can't I find any of the other figures? I see them selling on ebay for more then retail price, especially stormtrooper and vader. can someone enlighten me?

Here's the deal: the figures are arriving in waves.

WAVE 1 (Han, Leia, Ben) has been shipping for a month or so.

WAVE 2 (Luke, Vader, Yoda) just starting arriving.

That's why so many of the others you mention are so hard to find.
They haven't shipped yet.
The Stormtrooper hasn't even begun to hit the shelves.

In time, you should be able to find them all. :)

jedimastergeorge
08-15-2004, 03:49 PM
down where i live all you see is the votc figures han,leia and ben kenobi. i cant find any of the otc basic figures. all i see is the votc. its kinda weird cause i thougt that i wouldnt be able to find the votc but i could the otc basic. but its actually the the other way around. its strange. can any one else find the otc basic cause the last time i could it was about a month and a half ago.

george

darthzirock
08-15-2004, 09:12 PM
jedimastergeorge, I live in North Carolina, and it's about the same here. Tons of VOTC assortment 1 (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan), tons of old Saga figures that have been pegwarming for the past 9 months, and lightsabers up the ying-yang! You want basic OTC figures? Good luck! lol

I believe that as those pegwarming Saga remnants start to disintergrate, we'll start seeing OTC waves. My local Target got in one case of OTC figures, and I was lucky enough to snag the Dagobah Yoda & R2-D2 figures. Dagobah Luke & Dagobah Spirit Obi-Wan were all gone already! My local Wal-Mart is being rennovated, so they aren't getting anything because they are moving the toy dept. from the front of the store to the back! :mad: And my Kmart gets nothing in, ever. They are still trying to sell toys from the 1990s!

TheDarthVader
08-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Patience. Soon there will be enough for everyone. Just wait a little longer. I had the same problem and then one day I found all the figures I needed. You have to be in the right store at the right time. That is important because scalpers will buy up all the figures. Be patience and there will be enough on the pegs for everyone. :)

B.
TDV

JediTricks
08-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Earlier this week, I saw a Target with no less than a dozen Han and Obi-Wan figures, each with their own peg full of the same thing over and over. Almost every store I go to has a few Han figs now, and about half have a couple Obi-Wan figs.

JediTricks
08-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I live in Los Angeles and it's becoming the same thing, lots of Han & Obi-Wan VOTC and very few basic OTC. I still haven't found Dagobah wave figs except for R2, and the only reason I found the Bespin wave was because the packaging was seriously savaged.

Kidhuman
08-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Well for the Ky & NC crowd, SW Virginia has been swarmed by OTC figures, so they should be hitting soon. One WM had 9 pegs full on Thursdagy night, so they are coming.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-16-2004, 12:08 AM
In my neck of the woods, VOTC figures have only appeared so far at Targets, and have been selling rather briskly, as does most of the opening waves in a new line. Leia always seems to have the least number floating around the pegs, with an equal Han & Obi-Wan. I went on a little vacation to the Finger Lakes region and spotted 1 each of the above, plus a Luke, at a Kay-Bee Toys.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Patience, my friend. OTC is getting snatched up quicker, because of the cheaper price. Targets were the first store in my area to get them, but now all you will find there are VOTC figures. Wal-Marts seem to be the place to visit, as my local Wally-Mart had about 6 pegs full of the Dagobah wave and other assorted OTC. KBs and TRUs were still clogged with Saga and will be for the time being.

mrpauldeeds
08-16-2004, 12:28 AM
they will come soon. i waited for the basic saga line, with bossk, dengar, ozzle etc. and they never came, ever.....so i almost gave up hope on any thing star wars. there was even a time period when i didnt even have star wars pegs! but just this week i went into my local target and theres TONS of OTC and VOTC. sooo just be patient, and if they do never come, ebay i guess? good luck.

DarthJimli
08-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Patience, my friend. OTC is getting snatched up quicker, because of the cheaper price. Targets were the first store in my area to get them, but now all you will find there are VOTC figures. Wal-Marts seem to be the place to visit, as my local Wally-Mart had about 6 pegs full of the Dagobah wave and other assorted OTC. KBs and TRUs were still clogged with Saga and will be for the time being.
This is the exact scenario where I live. Plenty of VOTC to be had but the basic OTC figures get goobled up quickly due to the cheaper price.

Wal Mart seems to be the best place to go for selection for me so far. Target has got some OTC but not as much as Walmart.

TRU and K Mart are both lost causes when it comes to figures.:rolleyes:

sumdumchum
08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Well, I guess I've been lucky down here in Miami, Fl. Just about every time I go to a Walmart or Target the pegs are full of the OTC figs. I haven't been able to find IG-88, Jawas, Tie Fighter Pilot and a few others but that has been all. Don't know if I get there just as they've finished putting them out or if people don't care about them down here (somehow I doubt that. Although, by the way my attempt to start a Miami Collector's Club on this site went, I'd say I'm here all by my lonesome.) I got two of everything so far and waiting to see VOTC Yoda and Darth. Those I have yet to see anywhere. Good luck to all. I'm sure you'll get your hands on them soon enough.

bigbarada
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I've seen a grand total of 5 VOTC Figures over here (2 Hans, 2 Bens, 1 Leia) and the shelves are starting to overflow with leftover Saga and OTC figures.

I've seen the Dagobah and Bespin waves sitting around for a while now (although most of the Dagobah wave is gone).

Kyle Katarn
08-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Here in Monterrey, VOTC figures arrived today at Wal-Mart, and there are bunches and bunches of Hans, Bens and Leias, I'm still looking for Luke and for all of the other OTC figures.

rbaumhauer
08-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, after finding Han and Ben a couple weeks ago at a Target in Enfield, CT, I didn't find anything new for a while. Hit a bit of a jackpot today at Toys R Us in Waterbury, CT - got Luke, Yoda, and Vader (still no Leia). They had a few of each, but strangely, no Bens. They had more Hans than any other (probably 6-8 of him, and no more than 4 or 5 of the others).

Honestly, I think Han is flat-out awesome, Vader is very nice (could use ball joints at the elbows and ankles, though), Luke is good (though the tunic is a bit bulky, and the way it's cut makes it impossible to pose him as much as you'd think you could), Ben is okay (robe too bulky, not really that poseable, weird-shaped head in profile), and Yoda is disappointing - honestly, I think the Dagobah wave figure is much better. The VOTC Yoda is very "vintage" in feel, but not in a good way - the soft goods cloak is okay for what it is, but the outfit just isn't movie-accurate at all. Where's his belt? And the head sculpt is not very impressive.

tagmac
08-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Han Solo is everywhere by me. Definitely the pegwarmer of the set. Luke was nowhere to be found at first, but l've seen more of him than Ben lately. Seen Leia and Yoda twice, but no Vader, 3-PO, or Lando.

dindae
08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm sure the fact that Han pegwarmming has nothing to do with having so many reissues of the Commtech Han recently. :crazed:

Rocketboy
08-20-2004, 07:48 AM
This first wave of VOTC seem to be big time busts in my area. All 3 (Ben, Han, and Leia) are massive peg warmers. Are they being overshipped?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Here too in Bellingham, WA, VOTC figures are easy to find. Luke was the last of the first four I found. Han seems to be the most abundant. I have found all but one of my OTC figures at Wal-Mart. First was the Bespin Wave and rehash Han. Then I found Luke Dagobah, Spirit Obi, Luke X-Wing and Chewie. Today I noticed the Wal-Mart floor display and got the carrying cases plus R2, Luke Jabba's Palace, Bespin Luke, IG-88, Bossk, and TIE Pilot. TRU seems to have tidied up their SW area. Everything is arranged nice and neat now and I found VOTC Vader and Yoda. Last stop of the day was Fred Meyer and I found an R2 Dagobah.

JEDIpartner
09-03-2004, 03:46 PM
It seems like there is a plethora of these thing clogging the pegs at all of the joints around me in the Cleveland area. Is this happening in other areas? :confused:

All Wings report in...

Beast
09-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Han does seem to be the one who pegwarms the most. Likely due to the fact that he's the one who's packed out in the highest numbers between the three cases he's in. Hopefully he'll move out soon enough to allow ESB and ROTJ to be easily available as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

lucidebass
09-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Yep, Han & Ben are keeping the pegs nice and warm around the Atlanta area too. Don't get me wrong, The Han fig is amazing, but I'm getting sick of seeing just him at every store.... :ermm:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes, he is usually the only one that is at every store. Seems like people have had enough of Han, probably due to the millions of repacks - casual collectors wouldn't know the difference between the OTC and VOTC versions.

Rocketboy
09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
All the VOTC are warming the pegs.
I'm about ready call them a bust.

Ji'dai
09-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Yep, VOTC Han is plentiful here too. Ben is running a close second, then Luke. Leia is a rare sight so far.

Still have yet to see the ESB wave locally. Although SWS.com just sent the case I ordered with that wave to somewhere in Ohio. Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't to happen live in Indiana. :dis:

stillakid
09-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, if Tycho is correct, you should load up on Han because he's a Clone and under all the Stormie armor everywhere. A head swap here and there and you've saved yourself a bundle. :p

Kidhuman
09-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah Han VOTC and OTC are clogging the limited peg space around here.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Tons of Hans, a few Bens, a few Leias, ive seen 4 Lukes all together, and I saw/bought the only Vader and Yoda I have seen. Anyone know when Lando and Creepy-o come out?

JediTricks
09-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Han is definitely warming pegs in my neck of the woods, not at every store, but at almost every store and almost never in low numbers like 1 or 2 but higher like 5 or 6 (or 12 at one Target). Ben is a close second here but can't compete with Han. I've seen Leia a few times too. Only seen Luke & Vader once, I bought each, stupid Vader broke as soon as he came out of the package and now there's no way to return him.

BTW, I'm merging this thread with the last one on this topic.

Old Fossil
09-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Here in south Mis'sippi, Han is definitely the commonest VOTC pegwarmer, but never in large quantities... usually no more than four at a time. A few Ben's sometimes linger alongside. A couple of Leia's still hang from a peg at my nearest WM, but that's the only place I've seen her pegwarm.

Only seen 1 each of Luke, Vader, and Yoda, at TRU. Got Vader & Yoda, left Luke, since I had already (foolishly) gotten one off Ebay. Had done the latter with Vader, so I had an extra one to open.

I doubt I will be able to restrain myself, once the VOTC assortment from ROTJ starts showing up regularly on Ebay. I can easily see myself paying $20 for Fett, maybe that much for a Stormtrooper, too.

I'm such a sucker.

Turbowars
09-05-2004, 10:54 PM
The funny thing is Han's just about the best yet in the Votc line. The other just haven't be pumped out in #'s yet.

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:12 AM
The only one I ever see is Han.

dindae
09-06-2004, 11:47 PM
The funny thing is Han's just about the best yet in the Votc line. The other just haven't be pumped out in #'s yet.

I really think this is because Commtech Han has burned us out on this outfit.

OC47150
09-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Han is overabundant at most stores around here. At TRU, Han and Ben hang out together.

Luke and Leia are still hard to find. Vader and Yoda made the initial splash within the last month but I haven't seen them since.

Lando and 3PO are just now hitting my stores.

I'm going to wait and see if they're clearanced out after Christmas before buying a second set. (Fingers crossed!)

dr_evazan22
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
In my area it's VOTC Han that is pegwarming. Interestingly enough, at my Target the OTC Han is pegwarming as well.

JEDIpartner
09-09-2004, 02:45 PM
There's still one Han warming the pegs over at my local Kmart. He's been the lone soldier for the last two to three weeks. They still haven't gotten in a new VOTC refresh since then. I found a couple Vaders at a Target last night. The only other one left was, you guessed it, Han... eight times over. I'm hoping that the Kmart gets a new load of VOTCs on the pegs Friday morning or Monday morning. That would be great. If nothing else, they got the AOTC Galactic Heroes in yesterday.

darthdeogg
09-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Around here, there's a TON of the entire first run (Han, Leia, and Ben) all over the place. Stores either don't get in VOTC's whatsoever, or they have a load of the first run.

Even the 2nd run (Yoda/Luke/Darth) are slow to sell.

I honestly think it's the $9.99 price tag that has the casual fan/collector passing them by. Even me, the only one I've gotten thus far is Darth (cuz Darth is The Man lol), as I could get 2 regular SW figs for the price of one VOTC fig.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Still lots of Han and Ben here and a few Luke and Leia. It's like that at all the stores I check. Saw Vader and Yoda once at TRU and I bought them. I see regular OTC mostly at Wal-Mart, though I have got a couple at Fred Meyer and one at K-Mart. I now have 23 of the OTC figures and 6 VOTC.