It starts September 22.

Tycho
08-12-2004, 06:05 PM
We left off with:

Lex poisoned
Chloe exploded in a house that blew up in flames
Pete leaving town
Lana moving away to Paris
Clark being stripped naked, and pulled into the cave wall and out into another dimension(?)
Lionnel Luthor to stand trial for the murder of his own parents (back in the day)

and I don't know what was up with Johnathon and Martha Kent except that the cows needed milking, the pigs needed feeding, and the corn needed cutting...etc. etc.

With promises of Lois Lane appearing in 4 episodes this new season, I can't wait!

MASTER_JEDI
08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
We left off with:

Lex poisoned
Chloe exploded in a house that blew up in flames
Pete leaving town
Lana moving away to Paris
Clark being stripped naked, and pulled into the cave wall and out into another dimension(?)
Lionnel Luthor to stand trial for the murder of his own parents (back in the day)

and I don't know what was up with Johnathon and Martha Kent except that the cows needed milking, the pigs needed feeding, and the corn needed cutting...etc. etc.

With promises of Lois Lane appearing in 4 episodes this new season, I can't wait!

Not four my friend, but Lois will be in 13 EPISODES OF SEASON 4! :D Also, none other then a Flash will be in season 4, being Barry Allen's grandson, Bart Allen!

Tycho
09-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm still watching it live! This is the best episode of Smallville I've ever seen!

This is like a MOVIE in quality!

More after this commercial break....

Tycho
09-22-2004, 11:14 PM
OK, it was awesome!

I can't believe this season will move slow at all.

I think there will be extreme profound things happening this season on out and no one will be able to afford missing an episode!

greengoblin3825
09-23-2004, 12:46 AM
I vote that we see the cration of the fortress of solitude any takers.....

Bosskman
09-23-2004, 05:01 AM
This episode was pretty darn sweet. LOIS IS HOT! I didn't see the actress who plays Chloe in the credits. Did I miss her or is she really not there yet. I never actually thought she was dead but who knows.

Tycho
09-23-2004, 09:19 AM
What was up with the Lana "morning after" scene?

Did Jorel take Clark's body and sleep with her?

What was up with leaving his mark on her (the tattoo)?

That's what gangs do to rape victims - they'll tattoo them to mark them as "theirs."

I'm not sure what the director was trying to suggest about Clark and Lana there! ???

I liked Lois, but I still think Lana is way hotter. Lois is also a bit older looking and while I don't know for sure how old her character is supposed to be, I prefer Lana's youthful innocense. (as I knew I would! Kristen Kruek is still the ultimate hottie for sure!)

Notice that Margot Kidder (original Lois Lane), played Dr. Swan's assistant?

They're really reuniting the whole cast. Mike Rosenbaum said he wanted to have scenes with Gene Hackman (original Lex Luthor). I hope they get him too!

Smallville looks like there's no stopping it from becoming the greatest TV show of all time!

scruffziller
09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
They're really reuniting the whole cast. Mike Rosenbaum said he wanted to have scenes with Gene Hackman (original Lex Luthor). I hope they get him too!

That might cost a pretty penny. But I sure hope so.:crazed:

JediTricks
09-24-2004, 09:05 PM
It was not Jor-El's symbol tattooed into Lana's back, I believe it was his wife Lara's symbol (which would explain why it was in the superman shield but not the 8 or S shape), which probably will tie into Margot Kidder's comment about the only thing that can stand against a father's will being a mother's love. I thought it was a little too cheap to have Clark fly and then chalk it up to "it wasn't me, it was Kal-El", we've never even seen Clark try to super leap (originally in the comics, Superman couldn't fly, only jump very great distances which is what the show looked like it was doing here). Lois felt like a major tack-on, kinda kills any real future for staying within the lines at this point and turns this more into a silver-age superboy series. Ultimately, the ep was entertaining in some ways but seemed like it was afraid to stand still or explain anything for fear of showing how threadbare the plot actually was - things generally happened simply because they did.

And I'm still not buying this "Jor-El is really trying to have his son conquer Earth" thing they're presenting, up until last season there was enough wiggle room to suggest that Jor-El was testing his son's quality to ensure he was a great man, but having Kal-El in this ep be such a jerk to folks, especially Martha Kent, kinda destroyed that.

Droid
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
So it appears Chole isn't dead. When she wasn't in the opening credits I thought, "Huh, maybe they are finally having something change." But nope, when Clark was standing over her grave I called the whole X-ray vision/emptry grave thing. This show doesn't change. (Although I wonder if Pete really is gone). I worry that everything will be back to normal with freaks of the week within two episodes.

I agree the crystals will go to the Fortress of Solitude, but it makes little sense that Jor-El put pieces of the key in ancient artifacts. Are they ever going to clear this up? Are the Kryptonians time travellers and Jor-El went all through Earth's history preparing for Clark's arrival? I say again, if Jor-El could just come to Earth through the cave walls, why the ship?

And what is up with this black Kryptonite? Any comic readers ever heard of such a thing? It sounds more like "rock that does whatever the writers need it to because we wrote ourselves into a corner." So black Kryptonite has Clark find his conscience and fight himself? What is it Kryptonian Prozac?
And how exactly did the black Kryptonite heal Jonathon? And how did Dr. Swan get it? And why didn't he use it when Clark was running amok in Metropolis last summer? Does he have more? Will they answer these questions or is it just bad writing?

I loved the Lois stuff. Her first meeting with Clark was great TV.

What is up the Lana? Isn't it a bit convinient that she is all the way around the world and something Kryptonian happens to her? Seems stupid and contrived to me.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this show. It was a thriling hour of television, but honestly alot of it seemed poorly executed. Why black Kryptonite? Why not just have Clark fight Jor-El's programming through his own good will? I thought Clark knocking Martha down took it all a bit far.

Wasn't it thrilling to see Clark fly?

Any thoughts on who has Chloe? Morgan Edge is dead. Do you think Lex and Chloe set up Chloe's death so that Lionel couldn't kill her for real before the trial? Why would the DA go on with a trial if the necessary witness was dead, unless the DA knew Chloe was alive?

Enough complaining for know. Please let me know if this is a spoilers thread. If it is I will probably stop visiting!

JediTricks
09-27-2004, 08:18 PM
And what is up with this black Kryptonite? Any comic readers ever heard of such a thing? It sounds more like "rock that does whatever the writers need it to because we wrote ourselves into a corner."To be fair, in the comics that's what red and yellow kryptonite was for too. ;) But its use here was way hackneyed, I definitely agree.

I have no spoilers to give, but I hope anybody who posts a spoiler here at least has the decency to cover it up or give fair warning.

Tycho
09-27-2004, 10:15 PM
I try to stay Smallville spoiler free for the most part. I don't have time to look up spoilers and I also like the show to continue to surprise me. Sometimes I slip, so I hope I didn't make a goof here.

Let's agree on one thing for sure though: new shows are on Wednesday night.

After they air, everything that happened in THAT NIGHT'S EPISODE as well as speculation about "Next Week on Smallville" - based on the preview AIRED - are all open game for discussion.

In other words, if you taped it and haven't watched the latest show, don't tune into this thread if you don't want spoilers.

Is this acceptable to everyone?

JediTricks
09-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes, I agree.

Droid
09-28-2004, 08:53 AM
A good spoiler policy. Of course, if any of us slip up we can blame it on a rock that does whatever we need it to.

Tycho
09-28-2004, 09:49 AM
YES! RED KRYPTONITE ALERT!

In Episode 5 we learn that Chloe is alive and that Martha Kent has been keeping her as a love toy in the storm cellar, as her teenage lesbian love slave that helped keep her going while Jonathon was in the hospital and Clark was being sucked naked into a cave wall. This plot is no stranger than the rest of the show!

:D

Hellboy
09-28-2004, 04:22 PM
ARRRGGHH!! I missed the season opener darnit. :cry: Sucks that they no longer run repeat episodes on Sundays. :(

I was wondering if one of you guys could give me a brief synopsis of last week's episode so I'm up to speed for this week? I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Tycho
09-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Tonight's "Last Week on Smallville" should have gotten you up to speed, Hellboy. They did a good job.

I want to move on.

Who was that kid that was "Terminator 2?" Where the heck did he come from? I don't recall that guy in previous episodes and it seemed very contrived to just throw him in there as another freak Lionnel was working with.

What is Lois Lane's dad's connection with Lex?

What's up with the Kents giving Lex the benefit of the doubt and Clark being all hard up on him now?

Did we need to see Lionnel naked in that shower scene? Why couldn't it have been Lois who joined Clark in HIS shower? And what is up with multiple shower scenes in the past 2 episodes (Lana, Clark, Lionnel). Are Jonathon and Martha going to have a shower scene next week? I'd vote for another episode with Lana instead (actually it looks like we're getting it from that Nip-Tuck preview for next week on Smallville).

We knew Chloe was alive, but did anyone get the creeps from Lois digging up her coffin anyway? That was kind of creepy. So was the blast point for the house.

Will Lex be able to fit his plane in the mansion next to his Porshe so he can keep every vehicle that had an explosive tear ripped in it in part of his collection? I think he finally needs to build a bigger house. (I bet you that with Luthorcorp in his control, he probably will keep that plane - sarcasm aside).

Is another prisoner going to try and kill Lionnel? Who was the guy who did stab Lionnel working for?

Is Lex trying to kill his Dad?

Why leave Lionnel alive? For revenge, he's a huge threat to Lex - possibly to Chloe as well. Lionnels on the main cast. I don't think he'll stay in prison for too long.

Will Chole be added back to the original main credits?

Anyone like Lois better than Lana? The new guy is just another "Whitney." So far I'm not interested in him in the least.

Was that "Top Gun" Michael Ironside playing Lois' dad? The whole military dad thing reminded me of the Hulk and Betty's father. Is that part of the Superman legend or is it just a new Superhero cliche used in the genre these days (So Clark can face off with the military and fight a tank eventually)?

The cave and Jorel throwing artifacts all over the earth still haven't been explained. The show gets worse as it departs further from reality and doesn't ground itself with more explainable fiction (while at the same time it hooks me waiting for these explanations).

The girl playing Lois is no super-model material like Lana. Did they cast this girl like this on purpose? If Smallville ever makes it onto the Big Screen as Smallville or Superman movies, should this actress be reprised to play Lois in the movies?

I think her acting and character is good, though she's duplicating a part played by Chloe on the show already (which is logical - they share DNA and career interests).

Anyway, I was entertained but I'm left not knowing whether the episode was really good or satisfying or not.

It was not dissatisfying though - I can tell you that.

This show has a lot of questions it needs to resolve and next week doesn't look like it's going to do that.

greengoblin3825
09-30-2004, 03:28 AM
In a way I am completely over Lana she bores me to tears. Although I wonder what is up with the Tattoo on her back. Clark's sudden turn against Lex is a bit odd. In regards to Michael Ironside, I love him as an actor (Higlander 2 need I say more) but it was a little to Hulk for me which I mentioned to my wife. I'm just started reading Superman so I'm not well versed on Lois' family tree. I' m wanting to say that the T2 guy may very well be metallo in the long run....however if this is the case doesn't anyone find it a bit odd that if all these enemies that pop up are generally from Smallville and follow Supes to Metropolis... is Jeph Loeb still a writer on this show? Thoughts......

Droid
09-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I hate to sound negative, but I hated tonight's episode. HATED it.

They seemed to be rushing as fast as they can to get everything back to normal. Who agrees that next week Clark, Chloe, and Lana will be back at Smallville High, working at the Torch, and fighting the freak of the week? The Talon will be open again before you know it.

Lois - how old is she supposed to be? She smokes. She does what her father tells her. I don't get it.

Lana - she was supposed to be in art school in Paris. Now she just ISN'T. I guess she could be all screwed up and her tatoo made her come back to Smallville, but I just feel like they're taking too many jumps without showing WHY things happen the way they do. Anyone else think that it was stupid for Lana to just say, "You and Lois are gonna be great together."

Chloe - are we supposed to believe she and Lois are really this close? Lois was never around before. And what happened to Chloe's father? He survived the safehouse explosion, but what about the attack on the other safehouse by the T2 guy?

Clark - so has he just chosen not to fly (or does he not know how)? And why
is he SO mad at Lex? I think it is stupid that Clark states, "I am supposed to have an enemy. I think it is Lex." That just feels contrived, not real. Dumb like Lana saying Clark and Lois would be together.

Was it the Terminiator 2 guy that stabbed Lionel, and if so why? Why could the T2 guy visit such an important criminal as Lionel in the infirmary? Why was Lionel in a cage/Lecter cell before but now he can just be in general population?

What is up with the T2 guy? That was nonsense. No explanation. A clear ripoff of the terminator movies and no setup as to where he came from. Is he another Kryptonite freak? And why would the guy have taken Chloe from the safehouse to the foundry? Why not just kill her?

Where did Lois get that electrical cannon she used to help kill the T2 guy?

Did anyone else find it disturbing that Lois Lane and Clark Kent KILLED someone without the slightest hesitation, remorse, or attempt to find another solution? I know the freaks of the week die accidentally sometimes, but Superman isn't supposed to just KILL his enemies.

Why does Clark feel the need to throw everyone twenty feet? Isn't it kind of a gross display of his powers? Wouldn't the people he beats up suspect he has powers? Wouldn't Lois have noticed him tossing people so far?

I worrry this show is turning into the X-Files, a milliion plot points that are open questions that never get answered. You think it is part of a larger mystery, but it is never really resolved and if it is resolved you forgot the plot point that needed to be resolved anyway.

I am similar to Tycho. I liked the show's original premise, that kind of explored what the effect Superman (and all that Kryptonite his ship towed with it) would have on the real world. This is turning into more and more silly stuff each week.

I don't know what is going on with Lana, being infused with Krypotian voodoo in France and have a Kryptonian tatoo, but I am sure I will think the explanation is stupid.

Good Lord, I'm turning into the stillakid of Smallville.

Darth Grifter
09-30-2004, 10:27 AM
i love this show, have faithfully watched every episode since day 1. i'm really pumped about this season because of the lois character. she brings clarity of story to the show that i believe they were a little muddy on before. and the fact that clark says, "she's rude, judgmental, and bossy," is a great beginning to their relationship. i like how they've portrayed her as very worldly minded vs. the small town hokeyness that many of the other characters have. she is doing a great job as a margot kidder type lois, and gladly staying away from the terry hatcher awefulness (blech)...

but...

this week did seem a little rushed in the plot department. the first ep of this season went really fast, but there was a sense of continuity to most of it. i say most because of the lana stuff (who knows?!?) this episode just seemed like they could have stretched it out into two or three and delved a little more into the relationship between lois and her father, or the growing tension between lionel and lex. the t2 guy was stupid. cool gimik, but freek of the week as Droid says. i don't think that it was him who stabbed lionel in the shower, i think it was a random inmate...and why does opera always play when something bad is going to happen to lionel anyway? don't the writers know that they are giving away their intentions when a scene with lionel involves opera...we as faithful watchers instantly know that something bad is going to happen. oh well.

i really love this show. despite the things i think are a tad lame about it, i still tune in every week and i still buy the new seasons that come out on dvd...it's real good, what can i say...:D:D:D

JediTricks
09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Who was that kid that was "Terminator 2?" Where the heck did he come from? I don't recall that guy in previous episodes and it seemed very contrived to just throw him in there as another freak Lionnel was working with. Yeah, total "freak of the week" and they didn't even expand upon who he was beyond mentioning he was unhappy to be in Belreeve (or however you spell it).

What's up with the Kents giving Lex the benefit of the doubt and Clark being all hard up on him now? CPD - contrived plot device. Actually, I could almost believe that the noble Kents would suggest that Clark give someone the benefit of the doubt, but not to this level.

Why leave Lionnel alive? For revenge, he's a huge threat to Lex - possibly to Chloe as well. Lionnels on the main cast. I don't think he'll stay in prison for too long. That's a good question, I wonder why Lex would leave him alive if he is the one to put it out there. Maybe it's for mental revenge, keep Lionnel alive while he suffers and suffers Lex's wrath.

Anyone like Lois better than Lana? The new guy is just another "Whitney." So far I'm not interested in him in the least. I don't like Lois that much, she could be growing though, she seemed like such a forced characterization last week, this week it was a little less forced (though still it doesn't work for me).

The new guy is Whitney, no question, but he's also one of the genetic experiment soldiers in "Dark Angel", so I bet he's gonna have a twist there, probably will end up being a freak or something.

Was that "Top Gun" Michael Ironside playing Lois' dad? ... Is that part of the Superman legend or is it just a new Superhero cliche used in the genre these days? Yeah, that was him, his star has been falling lately, he's been taking a few crappy TV roles lately.

Lois' dad has always been an army general as long as I can remember. It was even put in a few cartoons in the '90s.

The cave and Jorel throwing artifacts all over the earth still haven't been explained. The show gets worse as it departs further from reality and doesn't ground itself with more explainable fiction I agree, these artifacts all over the world has really annoyed me, the whole "past Kryptonian visits to Earth" thing bugged me too. I have long felt that this show, like the Spider-man movies, works best when it stays as close to our reality as possible because that's what those characters are about - they strive to be normal, but the 1 thing about their lives that isn't normal is what makes their stories special.

In a way I am completely over Lana she bores me to tears. I sorta feel the same way, her thing has become such a cycle, I can't imagine her tattoo (which I believe will eventually become temporary super-powers like how Jonathan had 'em) making her character work better or become less shallow and pointless.

doesn't anyone find it a bit odd that if all these enemies that pop up are generally from Smallville and follow Supes to Metropolis... is Jeph Loeb still a writer on this show? Thoughts...... Yeah, it's really bothered me in the past, we have ALL these villains in this little "Smallville" town that end up being super-villains in the large city of Metropolis later, it's way too much, it defeats the purpose of having Superman grow up in a small town.

They seemed to be rushing as fast as they can to get everything back to normal. Who agrees that next week Clark, Chloe, and Lana will be back at Smallville High, working at the Torch, and fighting the freak of the week? The Talon will be open again before you know it. That's how I see it too, they worked WAY too hard to wrap everything up to get things back to normal. I don't think Chloe will be a regular, but I bet she will pop back in from time to time the way you suggest. And the Talon being reopened, I bet you are right on the money there.

Lois - how old is she supposed to be? She smokes. She does what her father tells her. I don't get it. Clark = 17, Lois = 18 or 19 I think.

Lana - she was supposed to be in art school in Paris. Now she just ISN'T. ... I just feel like they're taking too many jumps without showing WHY things happen the way they do. Anyone else think that it was stupid for Lana to just say, "You and Lois are gonna be great together." Yes! I had totally forgot about that, you are totally right, and setting Lois & Clark up like that was as cheesy as it gets.

And why would the guy have taken Chloe from the safehouse to the foundry? Why not just kill her? good point

Where did Lois get that electrical cannon she used to help kill the T2 guy? They were being used by her father's troops, so I guess she got it from the base.

Did anyone else find it disturbing that Lois Lane and Clark Kent KILLED someone without the slightest hesitation, remorse, or attempt to find another solution? I know the freaks of the week die accidentally sometimes, but Superman isn't supposed to just KILL his enemies. It's a good point, but it never even entered my mind for some reason while I was watching, I guess I was just shocked that they actually had Chloe right there instead of another fake-out.

Why does Clark feel the need to throw everyone twenty feet? Isn't it kind of a gross display of his powers? Wouldn't the people he beats up suspect he has powers? Wouldn't Lois have noticed him tossing people so far? Plus, throwing folks that far could kill normal people, and yet nobody ever notices. And how is it that people who are sharing notes like Lois & Lex never discuss "oh, Clark was with me in the house and then he was gone" "really? he was with me miles away only a few minutes later, that's odd."

Tycho
09-30-2004, 11:13 PM
I think there is a consensus here that the show is in a tailspin and heading out to sea.

It's worth continuing to watch since the setup was so great and the writers have good credit with us.

Now we'll see if there will be a point to all this nonsense and they tie some loose ends up instead of spread out more of them.

Next week's "Nip-Tuck" looks like it has nothing to do with anything except that perhaps Lana will try and remove that tattoo off her back.

Darth Grifter
10-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I think there is a consensus here that the show is in a tailspin and heading out to sea.

It's worth continuing to watch since the setup was so great and the writers have good credit with us.

Now we'll see if there will be a point to all this nonsense and they tie some loose ends up instead of spread out more of them.

Next week's "Nip-Tuck" looks like it has nothing to do with anything except that perhaps Lana will try and remove that tattoo off her back.
and there's a girl-girl kiss in the preview!!!

yeah, i hope the writers can reign in the horses a little and stick with one or two or even three plot lines for the season, instead of fifteen or so...

we'll see, and even if it sucks, i'm still tapin' it...

JediTricks
10-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Anybody else watch the ABC Family Channel special, "Smallville Backstage"? I foolishly did, expecting it to be a decent look at the series through the eyes of its stars, but instead we got the incredibly-grating Brooke Burke doing a handful of fluff interviews that framed what essentially was a very poorly-put-together clip show. What was really sad was how there actually were a few inspired statements from the cast, but they were quickly quashed by another annoying comment from Ms Burke. Much of the time, Tom Welling seemed somewhere between bored and irritated while reciting the seemingly-scripted interview. Too bad this wasn't better, could have really brought the show's viewers some insight while enticing a new audience.

BTW, the reason they aired this is because ABC Family Channel is now airing the show 5 times a week.

mrmiller
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM

I totaly agree. It's like they are getting desperate, and for what reason? I sure hopr they grab controll of this before it's too late. Now I find myself longing for the next Enterprise... and it's not even going to be on at the same time. Oh well, I still have LOST on Wednesdays.

=MATT=

Hellboy
10-05-2004, 12:35 AM
ABC Family Channel is now airing the show 5 times a week.

JT, do you know if the episodes they're airing are just from the earlier seasons, or do they plan to include this season as well?

Oh well, I still have LOST on Wednesdays.

I've been watching LOST as well and have really enjoyed it but due to it's time slot conflicting with Smallville's I had to choose one or the other. Based on the comments I've read here I seem to have made the right choice. Still I'm going to try and catch the whole season once repeats start airing.

JediTricks
10-06-2004, 03:55 AM
I don't know, but I think syndication contracts generally prohibit running eps from an ongoing season, though I could be wrong here.

Tycho
10-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Tonight's was much better than I thought it would be - and different (Krypt-Tuck).

I thought the girls would all become beauty obsessed and go for "jobs" being done and they'd play up the sensuality levels. They surprised me a little.

Even the Abby-Lana kiss was not done as a lesbian stunt but had a good reason locked in the plot.

Clark's joining the team makes this season depart from the norm even while the show is getting back to the norm.

I love the ending as Chloe realizes her possibly being jealous of her own cousin and Clark. Next week looks like she'll make a move to act on that impulse.

I also like how Lois saves herself in each situation (or contributes to the rescue). She's not a damsel in distress but takes action. She's filling into Margot Kidder's shoes pretty well.

I'm thinking that casting did well with bringing her aboard now.

Lionnel was notably absent. Lex was involved at a minimal level I noted. Chloe and Lana had less to do with Lois on board as well.

The water is heating on the show, the pot is being stirred, but I can't say whether this season things will come to boil. They are teasing us well if they don't, but we won't know to be disappointed until sometime in May next year. Right now, things are going well to make this look like it'll be a Senior Year to remember!

Droid
10-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Well I hate to be Mr. Negative, but this show is in trouble IMO. I put up with the "freak of the week"/"Kryptonite kids" nonsense for several seasons because I thought they needed some device to fill time while they slowly fleshed out the Superman mythos. The most effective parts of this show have been exploring the characters' relationships to one another. But this season more than any other they are ignoring deep areas they could explore and even plot progression in order to just move the story forward as fast as possible, and not the main story of Superman growing up story, but this freak of the week garbage. They are already back to it within three episodes. And I am tired of Kryptonite doing whatever is needed for the story with NO explanation. So this scientist sprays some Kryptonite on people and they become beautiful? But next week, you DRINK Kryptonite and you what, turn into a slut? I think they are trying to make the show more and more salacious each week and it isn't helping the show. Clark naked in the cornfield/hospital, Lana in the shower, Clark in the shower, last night's Lana lesbian kiss (I disagree Tycho, totally gratuitous). And goody, next week everyone is slutty.

Kind of cool they showed Whitney in the flashback.

Clark - this football thing makes me so mad I can't stand it. Not only have we already been down this road and it implies the writers are at a loss, but this is cheating and dangerous. So is Clark going to hold back his abilities but still make sure they win every game? Will he EVER let himself be tackled? Couldn't someone running into Clark at full force trying to tackle him kill themselves? Remember how that bus broke in half when it hit Clark? Jonathon should be putting his foot down. Not smiling and saying, "What can I do?"

Martha - So she is going to work with Lex? Really? After they found out last season he was STILL investigating Clark? She is going to work with Lex when Clark is so mad at Lex? Can't Clark get a job somewhere? Why are they still SO strapped for money when Lex gave them the farm and they own it free and clear?

Lana - So this boyfriend is HOW much older than Lana? He is a teacher and they're dating? And she went to art school, never to return to Smallville. Now she is back for no explained reason. No one has said, "I thought you were going to art school." I know, she has the tatoo and maybe it made her come back, but once again, a little more explanation would be nice.

Lois - I agree, Tycho, it is nice to see her fighting and holding her own. I think her character adds a lot to the show. However, SHE IS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL? Can't the show decide how old people are and stick with it? I am not buying that she THOUGHT she graduated. You either graduate or you don't. You'd know right away. Did she go through the ceremony? Did she get a diploma? The college did what, accepted her and then SUDDENLY realized she didn't graduate? Couldn't she just take the G.E.D.? Where is she living now? With Chloe?

I like that Chloe said Lois was a lousy speller, good reference to the Superman movies if not the comics.

Chloe - good for her, back in the opening credits. I think her jealousy of everyone on the show will be interesting.

Lex wasn't on at all.

Anyone think Lois will find out the secret early and Lana will go berzerk with jealousy?

I'd much rather see the characters talking to one another than them having a Kryptonite charged enemy to fight every week.

Oh well, I hope everyone else enjoyed yesterday's episode, but I think the show is getting tired. They just keep doing the same thing over and over.

Darth Grifter
10-07-2004, 07:07 PM
i enjoyed the episode. i thought that the writers did a good job integrating clark and everyone back into the scheme of school days; although, putting lois back in high school was a bit contrived...oh well. i expected this episode to be very slutty and it wasn't, although i'm sure next week will make up for it.

i agree with droid on one count:

I'd much rather see the characters talking to one another than them having a Kryptonite charged enemy to fight every week.
in the older episodes, the pace was quicker, the conversations were much heavier in the pop culture references, and there was definitely more story behind the action. now, there seems to be an overemphasis on action, and less story development...just an opinion though.

i'm still watching every week. it's good. i like it.

JediTricks
10-09-2004, 01:49 AM
And Kryptonite was such a minor issue when Clark finally got involved with it here, he gets hit, down he goes, then he's saved, that's pretty much it. Pointless.

This ep felt lost to me, like it really didn't know where it was going so it just hinted at what it was trying to say without ever fully delivering the storylines.

Tycho
10-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Christopher Reeves just died. :confused:

I don't get it. What happened?

What will the show do without Dr. Virgil Swan?

This is just kind of totally shocking.

Christopher Reeves will be very well missed. Those trying to battle paralysis (and the rest of us Superman fans) have lost a true hero (on the screen, and in real life as well).

Somebody please tell me I got this news by a mistake! I don't want it to be true.

I can't believe he's left us.

Imperial Monarche
10-11-2004, 09:26 AM
I can't believe Superman actually died. To me, he will always be Superman. Tom Welling is a good replacement to pass the torch on to, but Chris Reeves will be Superman forever. Regarding Smallville, my guess is that it was a good thing they introduced Margot Kidder because she will be probably take over the recurring roles that was Dr. Swann and they will probably have his character die off. But, who knows, he may have already filmed a scene for this season. That would be cool.

Christopher Reeve will be missed.

Droid
10-11-2004, 10:07 AM
I already posted my deep sadness at Christopher Reeve's death in another thread, so don't think I am more focused on fiction than the real life tragedy in this thread.

I agree, it is a good thing Margot Kidder was introduced. She probably will do whatever Christopher Reeve was going to. I also hope that Christopher Reeve may have filmed something they can use for this season.

They may be reluctant to do this given the real life tragedy, but perhaps they will have Margot Kidder say that Lionel Luther broke into Swan's institute, stole they key, and murdered him.

I am sure one way or the other they will say that Swan died. Perhaps Margot Kidder will come to see Clark saying that Swan died and left Clark a letter that reveals a big plot point. Also, Kidder could speak with passion about Dr. Swan (but it would be clear she is really talking about Reeve).

They could have Kidder and Welling do another one of those paralysis research plugs in Reeve's honor.

It would be classy if Welling would open a show as soon as they can get it together dedicating the episode, and perhaps the season, to Reeve.

greengoblin3825
10-11-2004, 01:45 PM
What a bummer to see this before going to be last night. WHile I can say as a kid I loved these movies Christopher Reeve will be missed Superman and the other movies that he did, but as a human being. Today truly is a sad day

Tycho
10-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Tonight's was a good show.

I liked the dedication to Christopher Reeves before and after the show. That was a nice touch.

Chloe as a cheerleader was visually sexy, and audibly annoying! Just wearing Clark's football jersey was a treat though.

What are the show's producers trying to say about coaches dating high school chicks though? It seems like assistant coaches are always getting arrested in the news - charged with statuatory rape or child molestation. Uh, Lana's under-age. Or is the show trying to say that the lead characters are all virgins but the rest of the high school (especially on the cheerleading squad) are not? What is Clark's dysfunction in that regard anyway? Will he "never?" He's 17 already. Geeze.

Anyway, Smallville does seem to be deciding to depart from what's been established and carve out its own path:

Clark a football hero instead of a nerd?

Lois an *****-kicking military general's daughter?

Lex and Clark getting back together their friendship?

Anyway, who thought "Mandy" was cute tonight? I definitely got my thrills with the cheerleaders!

Where is Lionnel Luthor and when is he going to be brought back into the show? (I know he's in prison - but he could still have moments on the show - you know, organizing the criminals or something).

Next week introduces "The Flash?" I don't read comics (beyond Star Wars). Does anyone want to let me in on the background of "The Flash?"

I thought we once heard that a young Bruce Wayne (Batman) was going to appear on the show as well. Why did that never happen?

Droid
10-14-2004, 11:07 AM
I thought Chloe was hilarious as a cheerleader.

I am not so certain about Lana being a virgin anymore. They're probably going to leave that unclear. I would assume that Jonathon and Martha have given Clark quite a speech on the unknown dangers of alien-human sex. To put it delicately, and I know others have said this, could any contraceptive devie prevent Kryptonian impregnation? Could any human survive sex with a Kryptonian? If a human was impregnated, could the mother survive having a half-Kryptonian in the womb (an alternate universe comic book said no). And Superman II seemed to suggest Clark never had until he went into that machine that took his powers away. The movie seemed to suggest Kryptonian-human "relations" just wouldn't work.

As far as the 1986 reimagining of Superman in the comics, Clark was a high school football player, and his growing arrogance caused Jonathon to tell him he was an alien.

I think that Lois has always been a general's daughter.

I'm sure Lex and Clark are just patching things up for now because it is too difficult to have Lex in the show if he doesn't have regular interactions with Clark and get in the thick of things.

I am not so sure how I feel about the Flash being on the show. I kind of like to imagine Superman in a world where he is the only superhero. I enjoy seeing what Superman would have on our world as we know it, not just being one (most powerful) hero in a world full of those with powers. I hope that the Flash is Barry Allen as young man. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash have always been my four favorite heroes. I did hear a rumor Bruce Wayne would be on Smallville and I think it could be a great episode (if not spin off show).

I liked the Reeve tribute. I'd like something more, but they didn't have much time.

I liked last night's episode, though we are back to the formula of Smallville rather than the larger plots that make in interesting.

I am still mad Clark is playing football and I think Jonathon should refuse to go to the games. I think that if they win every game Clark would get drafted to play in the pros and then what? It's just stupid.

I was surprised Lois left. She'll be missed. I like that they have her defend herself rather than being a damsel.

Now some complaints:

1. How come the guy attacking the coach kept attacking after Clark showed
up but the coach just ran off once Lex showed up?

2. I thought whoever you were looking at when you drank it was the person
you became obsessed with. Whenever the coach drank it the
cheerleaders exchanged a knowing smile, but then he became more
obsessed with Lana, who wasn't there. I guess you could just become
more attracted to whomever you liked already, but they weren't real
clear on that.

3. They didn't really explain how the coach got cured. He just was. Did
Clark run over and burn him?

4. I think it is insane that Clark used his heat vision on the guy with the gun
and to burst the pipe. Is he even trying to keep it a secret? His "ya
that was pretty lucky" to Lois was crazy. And can't people see the
heat vision? Or is it invisible?

5. And what about when they figured out that the heat changed everyone
back to normal and Clark said, "like what's his face with the gun." I just
don't think they should write slip-ups like that about the secret for the
sake of a joke that didn't work.

6. We all know the plastic surgeon last week used Kryptonite and that the
drink this week contained Kryptonite, but they're not even making the
effort of saying that anymore. It's lazy.

I thought Clark drinking the Kryptonite was cool. I think he would have been a lot more sick though. Lex has seen Clark beat up enough times that when Superman emerges I don't think Lex would suspect Clark was Superman regardless of how much they look alike.

But I liked the episode, I really did.

Tycho
10-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Tonight, The Flash rocked!

I really hope he comes back on the show.

It amazes me how many times things break down between:

Clark and Lex

or

Clark and Lana

and I still want everything to go back to them all being friends - or at least Clark being "in the right."

Next week, "Lionnel Luthor possessing Clark somehow" looks like it will really wreck havoc with my heart in this exact same manner.

The same thing's worked for 3 years and 2 months now. Amazing...

But the show is still staying great!

Hope The Flash flashes back...

Loved the line of "maybe we should form a club or some kind of league for people like us." Justice League. I got it. So ironic that the little criminal mastermind was thinking of it first. The Flash was cast great for Smallville, what with me not knowing too much about The Flash's character as portrayed in the comics. Pretty cool, Bart - pretty cool.

Darth Grifter
10-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Tonight, The Flash rocked!

I really hope he comes back on the show...Loved the line of "maybe we should form a club or some kind of league for people like us." Justice League. I got it. So ironic that the little criminal mastermind was thinking of it first. The Flash was cast great for Smallville, what with me not knowing too much about The Flash's character as portrayed in the comics. Pretty cool, Bart - pretty cool.

I agree. This was a very good episode in many aspects. It brought the Martha/Jonathan tension to a resolution, showed lana in a very Clarkish secret situation (there's just some things i'm not ready to share with you), and had some resolution between lex and clark...

The Flash indeed rocked! I love the touches that this writer and costume designer go through. Clark is always in red and blue, and The Flash had the lightning bolt on his backpack and on his beltbuckle...how cool. :cool: i really enjoyed the way they developed a relationship between Bart (cough, cough Barry, cough) and Clark...props to the show's writers on this one.

JediTricks
10-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Last night's ep was such a weird thing, some of it was absolute tripe, pure '70s-esque cheese, I swear I've read a variation or 3 on this story at some point in the silver age up to pre-crisis, and in those ways it especially felt like a thin "Superboy" tale. It also smacked of meteor-rock/freak-o-da-week episodes of the series, yet it had some really interesting twists, a partially-fair save to the whole thing, and a change to the Lionel Luthor character that will keep him alive for as long as the plot needs him. The one part I really couldn't get past though was how their memories were taken away on the second switch, after a few hours I could talk myself into buying that it WOULD do this since the artifact isn't really supposed to switch 'em back and thus might have that side-effect, but it seemed like Clark had at least some first-hand knowledge of what happened even though at other times he acted like it was a total wash, and Lionel acting like he could almost remember what happened and something had changed inside of him possibly because of this felt like the biggest cheat of all.

I suspect giving the artifact to Margot Kidder is their way of dealing with Dr Swan not being able to be played by Christopher Reeves now that he's died.

Ultimately, I'm conflicted on this one, the premise and a lot of elements of this one didn't work and others that will quickly be lost to the ether, but it had parts that did work smarter than usual product from this show too. And Clark blasting a hole in the smoke was a cool scene.

I was hoping the writers were smarter about one thing though, when Clark convinces Martha he's in Lionel's body, I would have thought Clark and Martha would have done ANYTHING to get that power away from Lionel, including giving Martha the stone to take Clark's body away from Lionel.

Tycho
10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Smallville, surely Star Wars, and other things we like are not STAR TREK, but doesn't everyone prefer scientific explanations for why things happen in a show that started off as realistic as Smallville?

It's gotten more and more fantasy with each season:

Clark getting sucked into a cave wall.

Jorell talking to him from a spaceship and interacting with Jonathon Kent, giving him super-powers, etc.

Now body-switching?

If they just put in some great sci-fi BULL that sounds half-way plausible at some point, I'd like it a lot more.

True this is getting to be fun - body switching etc. - but still. A lot of the show's coolness factor has to do with "how real" it sort of seemed before. Kryptonite causing physical property type changes in folks (like making them capable of fire or freeze blasts, etc) was cool. Now? We're going overboard with body switching, aren't we?

Meanwhile:

Can Tom Welling play Lionnel? He did a decent job figuring out how he was going to lift the truck. The effects when he got close to Martha with the fire-eyes was great. Tom did good with his moments playing "Lex's Father," too.

Now can John Glover play Clark? - I thought John Glover was awesome playing Clark! He got the personality down right. Those were some great moments.

So I really enjoyed the episode. It gave you that "oh no! Now the Luthors will know everything for sure!" kind of feeling. They've teased us that way before, but this time it was really good!

JediTricks
10-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Any sufficiently-advanced technology would seem like magic to a less-advanced race. ;)

Superman didn't even originally fly, he was way more scientific when he just would leap real far, now he flies and there's really no scientific rationale for that. Same thing with his heat vision and ice-breath.

BTW, it's "Jor-El".

I don't think Welling did that good a job playing John "Lionel" Glover, he was mean and nasty and lowered his voice but didn't really play the character so much; Glover meanwhile definitely had Tom Welling's style down pretty good.

JediTricks
11-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Dude, only half an hour until the Mr Mxyzptlk episode! Oh wait, that's not a GOOD thing. ;)

Tycho
11-04-2004, 01:44 AM
It was interesting. I remember resenting suave foreign exchange students that competed with me for the college girls in the dorms - all their money and "I'm only here on vacation" attitudes... Plus they were usually better educated, more sophistocated and charming, and made ME look like George Bush next to John Kerry.

The episode played nicely to those feelings.

Meanwhile, while I enjoy football movies on occasion, has Smallville got it out of its system by now? I suppose the state championship is the last football episode - but enough is now.

What's on Lex's top floor of Luthorcorp? Is he assembling a rogue's gallery of criminals up there?

I like how Clark is maturing and is acting like Superman now. He's not so gullible and naive any more. I don't think he trusts Lex at all. They're jousting in a game of matching wits now.

Clark was actually becoming more interesting for once.

Meanwhile, Jason got what I expected was coming to him - and from whom. I knew Lex would exploit that angle once he knew about Lana and Jason. I thought he'd blackmail Jason for something though. Maybe he still is - his father and mother are wealthy and powerful I understand.

Interesting episode and different. Clark trying to use Kryptonite to be normal was also interesting and a nice touch in that mother-son scene as Martha starts to take up a larger role in parenting Clark as he listens less to his father (due to football).

Lana is smart enough to figure that it could have been Lex that told and not Clark. She knows he knows. She knew he suspected when Jason was in the hospital the other week.

Anyway, the plot thickens and the show still feels like it's going somewhere.

JediTricks
11-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Myxyzptlk was so friggin lame, why even bother calling him that when he had NO connection to the actual character at all? And they even mispronounced it, adding an extra "L" sound in the second syllable. The total cheater ending really came out of nowhereseville, and Clark is now apparently far faster than even the Flash. This was a pretty threadbare ep IMO, it had a few moments but had too many of those others to bring it back down to crappytown.

Droid
11-04-2004, 08:28 AM
I continue to say that regardless of if Clark accidentally hurt someone or whether someone was screwing with Clark and he hurt someone, Clark should not be playing football. Not only is it wildly unfair to all the other teams (and Jonathon should have insisted on that), but it is really dangerous.

Now, the Myxyzptlk thing made me crazy. Am I wrong or isn't he a floating, cigar smoking imp (from another dimension?) who comes around once in a while, torments Superman with magic, until eventually Superman tricks him into saying his name backwards? Why even call him that if he is nothing like the actual character? They obviously had him on to appeal to the big Superman fans, but wouldn't the real Superman fans hate it for being nothing like the character? I kind of thought at the end that we would find out he was actually the floating imp taking the form of an exchange student. No dice. I don't remember Superman ever beating Myxyzptlk with LOCUSTS.

I enjoyed when Clark ran off the field and back without anyone noticing. I thought it was cool.

JediTricks
11-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah, that's what Myxy was all about in the comics, cartoons, even on Lois & Clark.

For me, Clark running that fast was just too unreal, he couldn't even catch up to Bart Allen (the kid in the future who becomes Impulse, the Kid Flash of our age) and Bart wasn't fast enough to do this sort of thing.

I know a better reason for Clark not playing football, doesn't public school require that every football player get a complete physical before being allowed to suit up?

greengoblin3825
11-07-2004, 01:18 PM
It kills me out of these past couple posts that no-one has mentioned the bigger picture here. Lex got his memory back of Clark he said something about finding stuff that you have lost. Also IMO Chloe figured it out as well any takers?

Tycho
11-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Total cheese.

I'm glad they had fun making this episode. I actually had fun watching it, but I don't like it in terms of Smallville's continuity. This should have aired Halloween week, too.

Meanwhile, Lex's playing the piano until his fingers bled was a pretty cool detail.

The cave thing gets more stupid by the episode unless they explain it.

This episode would've been better if the girls showed even more skin. They've all even been made up to look sexier and much better than in tonight's episode, I'm sorry to say. This would have made great softcore though!

Clark's shooting fireballs out of his eyes was great though.

Lex got Jason fired for business reasons - Jason's parents are prominent and at least one is an important corporate attorney. I can see Lex becoming involved more in Jason's life as an obvious story arc.

Thing is with Jason, while he's cool and nice, I don't really care about him. Whitney was (so far) a more sympathetic character as far as Lana's love-interests go.

Lana did pretty good acting in this one as the baddie though. Points to Kristen Kruek - she earned them - except the beginning in 1602 wasn't done that well, IMO. She over-acted it or whatever. Playing the possessed Lana with elements of the teenager under Isabel's surface, that she could handle - simply because it put the character at a more believeable age and era for Kristen Kruek to play.

I liked their idea of a party though!

Could've spent a little more time on how fascinating it would be for someone from 400+ years ago to suddenly see our world and technology.

Anyway, the show could have been better as a whole if they forgot about doing this episode - but I can't fault it for entertainment value.

Pass the cheese please.

JediTricks
11-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I will agree with you on 2 points: this ep was pure cheese, and Kristin Kreuk finally did some real acting (unfortunately, Allison Mack and Erica Durance were totally phoning it in, it actually HURT to watch them here).

I cannot believe how this tattoo story arc thing played out, I was expecting something far more grandiose than a crappy soap-opera plot device. Some of the special effects were really putrid, and while magic has played a part in the DC universe in the past, this was total garbage to me.

This smacked of the WB trying to cross-promote their show "Charmed" which is of a similar nature, even going so far as to slam us with ads - even during the show (like 1/5th of the screen obscured by their OSGs) - for the next episode of "Charmed". I didn't care for it at all.

Droid
11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
I have hated this tatoo plot from the beginning. I continue to think the cave is a mess of a plot device and really am aggravated that apparently Jor-El and the Kryptonians have been all over Earth's history planting keys to the Fortress of Solitude.

I am beginning to worry that there either won't be an explanation that will explain everything, that the explanation will be ridiculous, or that I will have stopped caring by then.

I agree, Tycho, Lex playing the piano was pretty cool.

Tycho, touching on one of our earlier exchanges, apparently Lana IS a virgin. Anyone believing Jason would be with her this long, would leave Paris and move to Smallville when they haven't been familiar yet?

I personally don't think Clark would give out his hair (though I liked the dulling of the scissors bit). I think the Kents would keep a pretty close eye on Clark's DNA.

Also, I thought the spell might get screwed up in some way by using Clark's hair, since he isn't human. I thought maybe it would make the "witches" subject to being hurt by Kryptonite.

Sadly, I have not enjoyed this season. It was so much better when it was more science fiction rather than fantasy. I am a big Superman fan and I don't remember anything about caves.

Tycho
11-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Droid, I have to agree with all of your thoughts.

Except maybe I'd move to Canada for Kristin Kruek.... ;)

(If I stood a good chance that she'd like me at all)

Droid
11-18-2004, 10:51 AM
So for those of us who thought the last episode wrapped up this witch nonsense, no such luck. Now Jason's mother may be a witch too. Dandy. Wonder if Jason is in on it and is also looking for the "power stones".

I don't know if anyone here knows anything about Dark Shadows, a gothic 1970's soap and 1990's short lived NBC series, but this all smacks of Dark Shadows. The WB was supposed to launch Dark Shadows as a new primetime show this fall, but cancelled it. I wonder if we're getting some of the plots/actors that were supposed to be on that show. This plot is garbage and has nothing to do with Superman (I know, I know, the witches are looking for the Krypotnian power stones blah blah). The WB has Charmed. Keep the witches off Smallville.

The Lex plot was OK. I am very interested in the new Lionel. I am more interested if he is actually good now rather than just scheming. Lionel being Lex's conscience is interesting. The Lex framed for murder plot has been done more than once though, and seems less interesting given that we know Lex has actually murdered (his wife right?).

I think when Lex said, "You have to help me" to Clark when they were at the house and Lex was destroying evidence they should have shown how exactly Clark helped him.

Anyone think they filmed a bunch of Jonathon and Martha sequences in the kitchen all at once and then are just spacing them out among the episodes to make it feel like they are still on the show? And does anyone else think that Jonathon is inconsistent on how he feels about Lex? Seems just a few episodes ago he was defending Lex to Clark.

JediTricks
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
I was so surprised they returned to this silly witch thing, and brought in Jane Seymour to boot, real left-field material.

My mom is into Dark Shadows, so I do know what you mean Droid, and this is the 3rd time they've done this, originally the Smallville concept came from the Bruce Wayne show that never succeeded, and then they wanted to do a time-travelling Flash show this year and when that didn't pan they stuck Bart Allen (the 200-years-in-the-future ancestor of the Flash who comes back in time to become Impulse and then Kid Flash) on Smallville. To me, what they coughed up with this Witch plotline here seems just as much like a regular daytime soap plot as Dark Shadows (which I'm told was much tighter and better-detailed than this slop), something you'd see on "Days of our Lives" when people aren't being kidnapped by gorillas and marrying their rapists. :p

This plot is garbage and has nothing to do with Superman (I know, I know, the witches are looking for the Krypotnian power stones blah blah).To be fair, there was a witch as a main villain in the Supergirl movie (not something any movie or TV show or play or comic book should aspire to though, it was a pretty crappy film).

Anyone think they filmed a bunch of Jonathon and Martha sequences in the kitchen all at once and then are just spacing them out among the episodes to make it feel like they are still on the show? And does anyone else think that Jonathon is inconsistent on how he feels about Lex? Seems just a few episodes ago he was defending Lex to Clark.I hadn't really thought about the Kents, but your assessments seem right on the money.

scruffziller
11-20-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't think Welling did that good a job playing John "Lionel" Glover, he was mean and nasty and lowered his voice but didn't really play the character so much; Glover meanwhile definitely had Tom Welling's style down pretty good.
Yea Glover did an excellent job. I interrpreted Welling's portrayal of Lionel as that "everyone thinks I am Clark so I can get away with this stuff, I'M FREE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!", so I bought it all the way through.

Droid
12-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Last night's episode was pretty good.

Clark can't tell Chloe! Didn't he learn anything when Pete knowing Clark's secret almost got Pete killed? They haven't mentioned Pete this season, which is dumb. I hate when characters are forgotten.

Notice the Kents still have not left the kitchen in at least three episodes (save one Martha scene at the Talon I think). I think they filmed all of Jonathon and Martha scenes for at least half the season so the actors could do other things.

I think Jonathon's nightmare would be Clark being taken off by scientists or something. (Maybe Clark doing what Jor-El wants and conquering the Earth). Martha's nightmare would probably be Jonathon dying.

I liked how they used the footage from the psychic episode for Lex's nightmare.

I thought it was dumb that Lionel was released without Lex knowing.

I also thought it was weird that Lionel said something like "I've committed so many crimes even if I didn't commit the crime of which I was convicted." Lionel did commit the crime. He killed his parents and told Chloe as much.

What's up with Jason? Did he leave becasue of his mother or what?

I think Margot Kidder (or maybe Jason's mother?, which would be stupid) picked up Lionel from jail.

Tycho
12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes, I wonder who picked up Lionnel from Jail.

Overall, last night's episode was an improvement for a lot of this season. The one where Lionnel got Clark's powers was the best one so far, I think - save for some of the continuation drama left over from last season.

Overall, the show has gone downhill and filler is distorting whatever larger plotline the producers had in mind in mapping out the whole series. Last night's advanced it a little bit.

Here's the thing: I have no doubt the show is going to get better - at least up to the old standards (season 1 and 2, part of 3) and then maybe even become its best ever.

However, I'm wondering how long will it take to get there and get out of these doldrum shows. They advanced so much through 2 and into 3, and now we are regressing?

A court TV show with Lionnel Luthor's trial would have been great next to some of the crap they've put on. They missed the ball so many times now.

Smallville was my favorite show. Star Trek Enterprise is surpassing it and I can't wait until The Shield season 4 starts!

Darth Grifter
12-09-2004, 04:00 PM
i think that it was margot kidder picking up lionel from the jail because she picked up that other guy in a limo when he was released (the nerdy cell mate)...it makes sense that she is kind of spear-heading whatever is going on behind the scenes because of the knowledge that the christopher reeves character had about clark's future and the kryptonian power stones...just my take though.

i too will be excited when this show finally gets back on track as far as taking care of the through-line plot, and not this sideshow crap that's been piling up. witches??? please...jane seymore, worthless cameo unless jason becomes another adam...oh well...

Tycho
12-10-2004, 12:03 AM
It was a re-run last night, though. Correct?

I didn't see a preview last week for this past night's show, so I didn't bother recording anything.

scruffziller
12-10-2004, 07:06 AM
i think that it was margot kidder picking up lionel from the jail because she picked up that other guy in a limo when he was released (the nerdy cell mate)...it makes sense that she is kind of spear-heading whatever is going on behind the scenes because of the knowledge that the christopher reeves character had about clark's future and the kryptonian power stones...just my take though.
WOW Grifter and Droid!!! Nice theory!!!!:) It would make more sense. I would say it better not be someone we haven't seen before. If it is Kidder's character, that raises 2 questions. Was Lionel in cahoots the whole time, is/was he "part of" the foundation since Kidder said the info hadn't left the foundation.;) OR, if Lionel has changed inside, did that matter in the end that she would still be significant? AND, to consider if Lionel has changed inside is part of Clark's memories with him and maybe that is the only way he knew who it was!!! Otherwise Lionel may not have known them at all!!!:D

Jason's mother could be a good possibility too. "Someone more powerful than you." (being a witch and all) Interesting, both fit the profile.

What you guys think??

Yes TYCHO, it was a rerun. Most of the shows taking Christmas break.

Tycho
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I think we're in store for a new episode this week - FINALLY!

Hellboy
01-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I think we're in store for a new episode this week - FINALLY!

According to my program guide this weeks episode is a repeat of "Obsession." :zzz: You know, that feak of the week episode where a girl at school gains superpowers and becomes possessive of Clark. :bored:

Turambar
01-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah, the new episode should be next week.

Darth Grifter
01-26-2005, 11:44 PM
so the new episode was this week...and a good one!!! i really hope that alicia is a part of the show now because that girl can act. wow! and she's smokin' hot! ;) i think that there is totally a place for her in the cast, clark has got to have a love interest...boy, i was into this episode big time. and the greatest part about her being on the show is that lana (who has been grating on me lately) was in the background...her and jason can get married and go to smallville glory together.

and there was the lionel/savior part of the night. i think that this twist is finally going to send lex over the deep end and drive him to kill lionel...

Tycho
01-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah, tonight's show was great! My girlfriend's into watching it with me now and we've been viewing all of my Season 1 box set - about half-way to starting the Season 2 set (I haven't ran out to buy S3 yet, but will as soon as I have saved all the money I want for Star Wars big release).

I totally dig Alicia too. The whole ice skating rink date totally reminded me of high school and an old girlfriend I used to date.

Alicia was so HOT in the wedding suite scenes.

Did anyone catch that Chloe's "first" was a guy named JIMMY at the Daily Planet? JIMMY OLSEN of SuperMan lore! Nice that he's going after Lois' cousin ;) - well he never has a chance with Lois...

Looks like Lois and Alicia are in next week's episode from the preview. It says that someone new will discover Clark's secret. That can mean anything - like it's discovered and then "memory wipe" or "it was all a kryptonite dream" - but there's a female voice that's saying "Oh my gosh!" I'm not an expert on deciphering a voice from sound alone without more dialogue than 3 words - but it sounded like Chloe's voice.

It seems like Alicia tells someone, and then has something happen where Clark catches a whole falling automobile and either Lana, Chloe, or Lois witness it along with Alicia - who obviously already knows about Clark's powers.

Anyway, 4th Season looks like it will be continuing to be pretty good!

Imperial Monarche
01-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Did anyone catch that Chloe's "first" was a guy named JIMMY at the Daily Planet? JIMMY OLSEN of SuperMan lore! Nice that he's going after Lois' cousin ;) - well he never has a chance with Lois...

Yeah, I noticed that too and that would be my guess. I shouted out JIMMY OLSEN to my wife and mom when she said that. I got on the forums tonite for the express reason to point that out but you beat me to it Tycho...darn you! :crazed:

Looks like Lois and Alicia are in next week's episode from the preview. It says that someone new will discover Clark's secret. That can mean anything - like it's discovered and then "memory wipe" or "it was all a kryptonite dream" - but there's a female voice that's saying "Oh my gosh!" I'm not an expert on deciphering a voice from sound alone without more dialogue than 3 words - but it sounded like Chloe's voice.

Actually, it is Chloe...I've read spoilers and she finds out and it's not suppose to be one of those dream episodes or "memory wipes", the way it sounds from what i read is that she has already figured it and just waiting for Clark to confirm it.

Darth Grifter
01-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too and that would be my guess. I shouted out JIMMY OLSEN to my wife and mom when she said that.
i totally did the same thing and my wife just :rolleyes: rolled her eyes at me... :rolleyes: oh well...i'm super pumped about this season. it is shaping up great and makes me really excited for the weeks ahead...

JediTricks
01-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the SPOILER WARNING then Monarche! :( I was hoping it was Lana, in some of the Supes lore she knew about his powers before he moved away, it's getting old here with her not knowing and it's time, plus then Alicia could be breaking her promise for Clark's benefit which would stay somewhat within character for her.

This week's ep was on last night here because Wednesday was a basketball game, I thought it went a little overboard with Clark falling for her so easily and then the smutty stuff went a little overboard even for my tastes (well, maybe if it had been on at 9 or 10pm.... ;)). Having Chloe do it with Jimmy Olsen was the lamest, Jimmy is supposed to be WAY younger than Lois & Clark in every incarnation, even when it was gonna be Chris Rock to Nick Cage's Superman.

Droid
01-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Actually, it is Chloe...I've read spoilers and she finds out and it's not suppose to be one of those dream episodes or "memory wipes", the way it sounds from what i read is that she has already figured it and just waiting for Clark to confirm it.

Thanks Imperial Monarche. Really appreciate that. Saved us the trouble of having fun discussing who it might be and what effect it will have on the show.

And really why do I even have to watch the show? I could just count on you to let me know what's going to happen.

Check the September 27, 2004 comments in which everyone agreed there would be no spoilers. Tycho summarized it saying:

"I try to stay Smallville spoiler free for the most part. I don't have time to look up spoilers and I also like the show to continue to surprise me. Sometimes I slip, so I hope I didn't make a goof here.

Let's agree on one thing for sure though: new shows are on Wednesday night.

After they air, everything that happened in THAT NIGHT'S EPISODE as well as speculation about "Next Week on Smallville" - based on the preview AIRED - are all open game for discussion.

In other words, if you taped it and haven't watched the latest show, don't tune into this thread if you don't want spoilers.

Is this acceptable to everyone?"

Droid
01-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Anyone else mad that Alicia just happened to know about Red Kryptonite and where to find some?

Clark asked the question on everyone's mind "How did you know?" and they copped out with that "I know everything about you" crap.

Tycho
01-31-2005, 11:41 AM
It advanced the story to that Las Vegas hotel room scene, so I didn't mind so much :D

Droid
01-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone notice Jonathon was in one scene last night (still in the kitchen) and that Martha was only in three scenes (two in the kitchen and one at the Talon), continuing my theory that they filmed almost every one of the Kents' scenes all at once, giving them time to do other projects.

I would have liked to have seen Jonathon's reaction to Clark's wedding.

I found it silly that they were so upset with Clark. Seems like Red Kryptonite would entitle him to some slack. Would they get mad at him for getting sick when exposed to Green Kryptonite?

And Clark just said "It wasn't legal" Why is that again?

I had hoped they were done with Jason, just writing him off quickly. But there he was again.

Interesting episode in that Clark really hardly used his powers at all.

Tycho
01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
That is cool in that the characters are strong enough that drama about their lives is interesting enough that we don't have to have a weekly expose on laser beams coming out of Clark's eyes.

They were underage, hence the wedding might not have been legal. I think they're both 17, or at least Clark is.

Or it's something else. Not sure how old you have to be to marry in Nevada anyway. But I don't think you can be under the influence. And most states require a blood test - but Clark can't do that.

Meanwhile, I thought it was back to wholesome family values the way Martha tripped out over Clark's wedding. That was good writing and plays into what the Kents have been teaching their son. Very realistic reaction from Martha and a good scene for Annette O'Toole to act with.

Well, to change the subject a bit: Lionnel's back at the mansion. They never explained how he had the charges dropped or who picked him up from the prison.

I'm eager to get back to the Luthor's story soon, though this week's "Clark's secret" episode will definitely be good.

Seems the shows back on target, as it's given us a lot to talk about, hasn't it?

Droid
02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Ya, I thought this season's start was really poor. Some of the worst epsiodes for the show. I would be thrilled if we went until the end of the year without another "freak of the week". I'm with you Tycho, now that we know the characters so well, give me character drama.

I really wish they'd drop this Jason and his mother thing. It has made Lana completely uninteresting. Seems like lately I say, Clark and Chloe would work, Clark and Lois would work, Clark and Alicia are an interesting couple, but I never really care to see Clark and Lana together in the same room anymore, let alone dating.

Tycho
02-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Wow! Another great episode. Great writing anyway.

This was quite a downer tonight.

I didn't want Alicia to die and I liked her with Clark, and trying to get better and get on with her life. I thought Tom Welling did great trying to convey the loss he felt.

It was cool to see Lois step in and act as his moral compass when he was going to kill Sandman. - Oh and how he lit him on fire with his heat-blasting eyes! That was awesome. We've never seen Clark use his powers like that to sadistically attack someone in such a manner!

Chloe knowing his secret was leaked, so no surprise. Her reaction to it was quite mature and cool of her though. I'd written Chloe off earlier (after the big Lionnel Luthor case was over) as becoming uninteresting and perhaps next to go since Pete. Now I think Lana's actually fallen into that category though her scene with Alicia was good.

Meanwhile, Jason and his mother? Why is Mrs. Tiege wearing a "hot look" over to Lex's? He's 22 years or more younger than she is! A business suit on her instead of that socialite outfit would have made more sense - but of course she's up to something and Lex is going to play both of them.

That guy Jason, well I guess he can act. I have to admit he's never been that interesting of character, but maybe Lex will play off him well as he plays him all too well.

I thought back to the lady who could see the future in Sn.1 and Clark surrounded by all those graves. Tonight's episode sure brought that closer to reality for Clark.

Anyway, there's lots more to think about in this one.

Droid
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Jonathon left the kitchen! Sure it was just to go to the barn, but that was TWO scenes for him!

I think Lex teaming up with Jason is kind of stupid. Why does Lex care what Jason's mother is up to? Lex wants Lana for himself, so break up Lana and Jason, get the information on Lionel, and move on. I have to say though I could not care less about the Jason and his mother plot. They have made Lana ridiculously uninteresting. They aren't using Lex much these days.

I don't really know how people knew Clark and Alicia got married, but I think that since people knew that they should have dealt with it more. What does Lex say about it? What was the reaction of the women in Clark's life, Lois, Lana, and Chloe?

Was Sandman a DC comics character?

I was sorry we didn't get immediate gratification on Chloe knowing about Clark, but it makes it more interesting that we have to wait. Chloe may wait a long time if she's waiting for Clark to tell her.

It was a really enjoyable episode, though I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't known Chloe was going to be the one to find out Clark's secret. I'm with Tycho, they have made Chloe's character very interesting this season. I had also written her off to the point I thought maybe they WOULD kill her off at the end of last year.

I wonder if the actress who plays Lana is upset they added Lois and have made Chloe so much more interesting than Lana is. I could really care less about Clark and Lana right now. At this point, Alicia was a much more interesting character than Lana is.

Tycho
02-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I think that what the show wants to do, Droid: they had it so much about Clark and Lana, that they really had to work at it to get the audience to back off from wanting to see Clark WITH Lana. Now most of us can't stand the idea. Crazy as it is, Lana's not physically any less attractive -she's still the hottest girl on the show. But they've effectively conveyed that her almost intolerance of Clark has made her a lot less pleasant character to have around - not to mention her psycho-relationship with Jason. She's now an obsessed girlfriend who doesn't know that when the guy doesn't take it that seriously (as Jason was ready to just move on), she should let him go like she got over Adam (remember him? A footnote in Lana's little black book)

But we did see the reaction to Clark and Alicia - Chloe had Lois there to distract her, and she's pretty much given up on having a relationship with Clark, but she holds onto her crush feelings, as they've become comfortable being just that for her. Lois was never interested in Clark - so it doesn't affect her at all. Lana had a touch of jealousy in her expression, but she's with Jason. She also had a mix of shock, since Alicia had tried to kill her (I barely remember that episode, BTW - must've been Season 3 because I haven't picked it up on DVD yet).

I don't know if Sandman was a DC Comics Character. I just "called him" SandMan because I didn't know what else to call him. I don't read much but Star Wars comics (and Smallville ones) so I'm not familiar with DC characters really. I've tried to read them, but Smallville is better than Superman comics to me and what holds my attention.

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I thought the instant shunning of Alicia in the beginning was over the top and set a few bad tones for me. Eventually it found its legs though, but it was totally dragged down by the B-plot Tiegge-family soap opera stuff.

I was sorry we didn't get immediate gratification on Chloe knowing about Clark, but it makes it more interesting that we have to wait. Chloe may wait a long time if she's waiting for Clark to tell her. That's an interesting take. I personally felt ripped off, even with Lois giving her such uncharacteristically-thoughful words on the matter. And Chloe knows Clark is hiding something that hurts him to do so, she should have told him right there.

Having Alicia hanged like that, right on screen, was quite shocking. Clark's reaction was a little too much like the Superman movie, but his response afterwards was pretty wild (though I bet he could have popped that guy's head like a ripe tomato, so it wasn't particularly realstic).

BTW, "Sandman" is a DC character, but these aren't his powers. I'm not that well-versed in the DC rogues gallery, but I don't remember anybody there who could turn themselves into sand like that (though there's a Spider-man villian, but that's Marvel).

Droid
02-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Having Alicia hanged like that, right on screen, was quite shocking. Clark's reaction was a little too much like the Superman movie, but his response afterwards was pretty wild (though I bet he could have popped that guy's head like a ripe tomato, so it wasn't particularly realstic).

I thought Clark screaming at Alicia's death was a little silly. I think they only did it that way as a nod to the Superman movie as you say, whic undercut the emotional nature of the scene.

I agree, Clark could have killed the guy in a second, which led me to believe that Clark was trying to hurt him and was already debating killing him by the time Lois showed up.

Or he was just powerful and hard to kill because he was a "freak of the week" who had more power than regular people beyond just being able to turn to sand.

Tycho
02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I think that enough of Sandman had not turned back into a solid to burn, so Clark was setting ablaze particles and not all of him.

Had he just been a mortal, he'd have been extra crispy the second Clark shot at him, long before Lois showed up.

Tycho
02-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Last night's ep was great. It had all the good elements.

The beginning, Lois' drinking tournament, was a straight up homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark and Marion Ravenwood of Indiana Jones' lore.

There were a lot of other good parts, but I feel like I've discussed it to death with my local Smallville fan club that gets together to watch the show over here.

Now we're a group. When the heck did that happen?

Anyway, maybe I'll contribute more, but I'm sure you all saw the episode as well.

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2005, 08:20 PM
It's been quite a while since I've posted in the Smallville section here, and as I promised you before Tycho, I will not post any spoilers here....

I thought Wednesday's episode was good. That doesn't really say much though because there aren't too many of these I have not liked...

On a side note, does anyone else miss seeing Pete on the show? I thought he was one of the best characters and now he is gone. He is supposed to be back later for a future episode but I still wish he was a regular. Being that he was Clark's best buddy I hated to see him leave.

Another question-Is anyone here interested in a set of Season 1 cards? I bought a box last year and completed 2 sets with it. Got an auto and a pieceworks card (not available, sorry) also in it.
If anyone wants the basic set (90 cards) I will be happy to send it to you. However I can only give it away to the first person who asks because its the only extra set I have.

JediTricks
02-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't miss Pete too much because far too often the writers seemed like they didn't know what to do with him.

As for last Wednesday's ep, I thought it was ok but not too Smallville, more like a pair of afterschool specials wrapped up in a "Lois & Clark" episode.

JetsAndHeels
02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey JT, you interested in this card set?? I will send it to you, no charge.

So what did everyone think of tonight's episode...I thought it was pretty decent...not terrible, but not one of the absolute best. Getting the Krypto character involved was pretty interesting to see.

What is the deal with next week? Looks like it's some spinoff of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon....
Oh and BTW guys, be prepared for more reruns after next week. Looks like the WB is taking another break for a while.

Tycho
02-17-2005, 02:10 AM
So what did everyone think of tonight's episode...I thought it was pretty decent...not terrible, but not one of the absolute best. Getting the Krypto character involved was pretty interesting to see.

Is Crypto a character from the comics? I didn't know there was actually a SuperDog. I'm familiar with UnderDog myself.

What is the deal with next week? Looks like it's some spinoff of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon....

That's exactly what I said when my girlfriend brought it up.

Moreover, what are Asian people doing in France? I mean sure there are Asian people there, and they might have a temple or church or pagoda house, but isn't a setting in the Orient more appropriate for that? If Lana's witch thing is a French thing, then let it be a French thing. Are they saying that being French isn't cool enough and they have to have an Asian thing in it? (Kristen Kruek is half-Asian, half Dutch herself, though Canadians can be part French, but Lana's ancestors are supposed to be French I guess. But her Mom was Laura Potter, and Mr. Lang was not her real Dad (not that Lang is a French name either) but Mr. Small was her real Dad.) Anyway, whatever. Maybe there are cool things about French people they could explore, instead of going all Asian just as an excuse to do Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Don't get me wrong, Asian stuff and martial arts is very cool - in my own training I am imersed in that culture. But what does that have to do with French witches?

You know how Jason's Mom said that Lana would become Isabel and kill them all? I hope she's right. I wish Lana-Isabel all the luck and then this stupid story arc can die with them :)

Oh and BTW guys, be prepared for more reruns after next week. Looks like the WB is taking another break for a while.

Good enough for me, my girlfriend and I are trying to catch up on all the DVD's and still only halfway through Sn 2 and I have to go out and buy Sn 3.

Droid
02-17-2005, 11:04 AM
It was nice to see how Jonathon and Martha were really involved last night.
Think Jonathon's broken arm will be healed next week?

I thought Clark would have died after such a long exposure to Kryptonite.

I'll bet that dog is shown one or two more times and then just stops being shown. Happens all the time on TV, the forgotten pet. Why pay for the animal handlers?

I could not hate the Jason-Lana-his mother storyline more. No wait, I could. But not much more. :frus: I hate it because it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with Superman. Then again, I would hate it more if they make it all Kryptonian.

I liked how Chloe backed Clark up on the tractor. I hope they have Clark know she knows soon.

Tycho
02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I was just thinking that they've shown a hint of what the show might be like when they go into Metropolis, like when Clark was being recruited for Met.U.

I was thinking that from the first Smallville event at Comic Con, the producers said the show was to go on for 5 years on TV.

Well it's so popular, and I'd miss it if they cancelled it after next year's final season.

So how about a new show called "Metropolis?"

The cast:

Tom Welling as Clark
Erica Durance as Lois Lane
Mike Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor
Alison Mack as Chloe Sullivan???
??? as Jimmy Olsen
??? (appeared before) as Perry White

Maybe 2 other supporting characters - probably at least one baddie that works for Lex

Johnathon Kent may be dead by then - or there can be guest appearances
Martha Kent can be played by Anette O'Toole in guest appearances
Lionnel Luthor may be dead by then - or there can be guest appearances

But the show could go on. If Tom and Mike want to play their characters for another 5 years or so...

What do you guys think of my idea of a show called "Metropolis?"

Droid
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't think it is a terrible idea Tycho, but I guess I have a few problems.

1. I don't think Smallville is as good as it used to be. I frankly wouldn't be
upset if THIS was the last season. I am too tired of the story arcs that
go nowhere. There will either be a huge resolution to all of the little plot
points they left open at a time when I no longer care or the resolution will
not wrap up the fine points. Kind of like X-files. There has been too
much ancient artifacts, Indian cave, French witches garbage for
my tastes. I like the idea that Clark's arrival was the first time
Kryptonians were on Earth. We already know that isn't the spin that
Smallville puts on it given the Jor-El comes to Earth flashback episode.
We are led to believe that the Kryptonians could travel through space
(and time) using the cave walls, which continues to make me wonder why
the ship was necessary to bring Clark to Earth.

Also, we were originally led to believe the ship was trying to carry out
Jor-El's plans for Clark. So he destroyed it. Then we found out that
Jor-El could screw with Clark just about anytime he liked, presumably
using the caves. Remember when Clark got the pain in the scar so much
in Metropolis he had to remove the red Kryptonite ring?

So then Jor-El forced Clark into the cave walls. He comes out all
Kryptonian and a magic rock makes it go away. He's Clark again. So is
Jor-El done with him, or is it just until the end of the season like always?

Jor-El tried to get Clark to leave using the ship. When Clark destroyed
the ship why didn't the caves immediately kick in? I just don't get why
Jor-El appears only at times convenient to the show.

2. My other beef with continuing the show is that they have already messed
with the story enough. Clark should not have met Lois or Perry until he
started at the daily planet. Now he has met both.

They put Metropolis in Kansas. Hard to believe Superman would be based
out of Kansas.

Clark is supposed to spend some time after leaving Smallville and before
appearing in Metropolis where Superman emerges discovering himself, at
the Fortress of Solitude. Your show proposal would have to remove the
Fortress of Solitude time. Then again, who needs time at the Fortress of
Solitude when Jor-El is evil? And really, Clark already had his summer in
the cave walls. :rolleyes:

I am not aware of any story where Superman went to college. Please
someone let me know if I am wrong.

If they did your show Tycho, they would have no choice but to end the
"no tights"/'no flights" rule and they would have to just start having him
be Superman.

I frankly always thought the last shot of Smallville should be of Tom
Welling in the Superman costume.

I would be facsinated to see how they would swing having Lex not know
instantly that Clark was Superman. I also like this season how Clark and
Lex really aren't friends anymore. They seem to always view each other
with suspicion now.

Tycho
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
First, this isn't the Comic Books or anything that I'm familiar with except they said they were not contradicting the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I don't think they have so far.

This is the only Superman I've really been brought up on, so I'm approaching it differently than you (maybe).

1. I don't think Smallville is as good as it used to be. I frankly wouldn't be
upset if THIS was the last season. I am too tired of the story arcs that
go nowhere.

I agree. I think Clark and Lex should fall apart this season and have a season where they're rivals. I also think that Lex is a smart guy - he's already figured it out but just can't prove it (if he even cares to). The spaceship, the links to the meteorite freaks, Hamilton's experiments, the Super-Dogs most recently, etc. I think Lex has pretty strong suspicions of exactly what they don't want him to know: Clark's an alien and he has super-human strength, endurance, and speed. Lex might also suspect that meteorite rocks affect Clark - this is Smallville continuity.

Now I think that Lex is wounded that Clark doesn't trust him and Lex is going down his own dark path. If Lex runs LutherCorp now, btw, wouldn't he be moving to Metropolis already? (I know, the board of directors and he just goes to meetings).

There has been too
much ancient artifacts, Indian cave, French witches garbage for
my tastes.

I agree. They should have a point to all this by now.

I like the idea that Clark's arrival was the first time
Kryptonians were on Earth. We already know that isn't the spin that
Smallville puts on it given the Jor-El comes to Earth flashback episode.
We are led to believe that the Kryptonians could travel through space
(and time) using the cave walls, which continues to make me wonder why
the ship was necessary to bring Clark to Earth.

I don't mind that Jor-El researched and knew he would be sending his son to a good place. However, you make a great point about "why the ship?" To let the Kent's know he wasn't an ordinary kid and not have a baby that appears on their doorstep get tested if he suddenly was able to do certain incredible things? Or perhaps was the meteorite stuff cover for Clark to grow up not being suspected, since everyone else around him was turning into the freaks instead? Jor-El could have a lot of big plans thought out to a lot of detail...

So then Jor-El forced Clark into the cave walls. He comes out all
Kryptonian and a magic rock makes it go away. He's Clark again.

That was lame without a better explaination.

So is
Jor-El done with him, or is it just until the end of the season like always?

Jor-El tried to get Clark to leave using the ship. When Clark destroyed
the ship why didn't the caves immediately kick in? I just don't get why
Jor-El appears only at times convenient to the show.

So the writers can have it easier. :D

2. My other beef with continuing the show is that they have already messed
with the story enough. Clark should not have met Lois or Perry until he
started at the daily planet. Now he has met both.

So what? The show's been richer because of those characters. I'm ok with that.

They put Metropolis in Kansas. Hard to believe Superman would be based
out of Kansas.

That way they don't have to explain why he doesn't run into SpiderMan :D

But the cornfield / aliens thing always works.

Clark is supposed to spend some time after leaving Smallville and before
appearing in Metropolis where Superman emerges discovering himself, at
the Fortress of Solitude. Your show proposal would have to remove the
Fortress of Solitude time. Then again, who needs time at the Fortress of
Solitude when Jor-El is evil? And really, Clark already had his summer in
the cave walls. :rolleyes:

Again, so what? I'm not that versed in the comics and a season of Clark in the Arctic Circle doing what? Rescuing whales every episode? That doesn't inspire much. Maybe they could do a show similar to a spin-off of Northern Exposure (but I never watched that show, so I'm not sure what it would be about).

I am not aware of any story where Superman went to college. Please
someone let me know if I am wrong.

I think it will teach the young audience values if Clark goes to college. It was part of my upbringing to value going to college and my parents instilled it in me that most people who don't go to college end up as losers (read: "Hi - and welcome to Wal-Mart.")

So Clark could continue to be a role model as I think he has been considering the show's younger audience.

If they did your show Tycho, they would have no choice but to end the
"no tights"/'no flights" rule and they would have to just start having him
be Superman.

Not necessarily. They don't have to move on any timetable except the one they want to. "Clark went to Metropolis and became Superman." - That doesn't say whether he did that on a Monday, a Wednesday, or a Saturday - or even if he did both things in the same year.

I frankly always thought the last shot of Smallville should be of Tom
Welling in the Superman costume.

That scares me. I think the Superman costume will have to take some reason behind it - such as Ryan's comic books - they were heading in a good direction with the kid until they killed him off. Superman's uniform gives him no special powers. So why bother with it? Clark needs a reason.

I would be facsinated to see how they would swing having Lex not know
instantly that Clark was Superman.

I think he already knows Clark's an alien.

I also like this season how Clark and
Lex really aren't friends anymore. They seem to always view each other
with suspicion now.

Yeah, that's been cool.

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Tycho, Krypto is indeed a character from the comics. Lois is allergic to dogs, and quite often the dog gets mischevious and therefore Clark also gets in trouble. It pretty much goes along with what was seen in last night's episode.

According to my trusty copy of DC's "Guide to the Man of Steel", here is a little bit of background on Krypto.

"When a Kryptonian canine followed the super-couple (Lois & Clark) home through the Phantom Zone, Lois allowed her husband to keep the rambunctious "Krypto", not realizing that the alien dog would also be super-powered!"

There is a picture in the onset of this page with Lois looking angrily down at Krypto, and it reads:
"After tearing Lois and Clark's apartment to shreds, Krypto now resides in the Fortress of Solitude."

Droid
02-17-2005, 07:18 PM
First, this isn't the Comic Books or anything that I'm familiar with except they said they were not contradicting the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I don't think they have so far.

Depends on how you define "contradict".

That scares me. I think the Superman costume will have to take some reason behind it - such as Ryan's comic books - they were heading in a good direction with the kid until they killed him off. Superman's uniform gives him no special powers. So why bother with it? Clark needs a reason.

I agree. I wouldn't want them to just cut to a shot of Clark wearing the costume. I agree there needs to be a reason. I think it is an interesting angle that Jor-El is evil (at least as far as we know now), but I don't like it as far as Superman lore goes. THERE is an example of a contradiction with the Christopher Reeve Superman movies. In Superman: the Movie Jor-El sends Kal-El as an example for humans. He says, "They're a good people, Kal-El, at least they try to be. They only need you to show them the way." or something like that. He also said, "You will not interfere in human history" as opposed to Smallville's "conquer them Kal-El". But anyway, in the movies I thought Superman wore the costume in honor of his Kryptonian heritage (though the Kryptonians wore all white glowy suits, but at least it had the S symbol). Now that Clark hates his Kryptonian heritage, I would be interested to see why Clark would ever put on that outfit!

I also don't think Jor-El intended the meteor rocks to go to Earth with Clark. I think he would have preferred Kal-El to have no weaknesses at all on Earth.

I like chatting with you Tycho. It's fun to have someone respond to each of your points.

And obviously I like the show more than any other show on TV. Which is why I have so much to say about where they are taking a bad turn! (I REALLY hate this witches garbage. It makes me wish Lana was off the show!)

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I hate the whole witch angle too. Sounds like some sort of excuse to get lana and jason more involved in the show. Besides, they have already been busted on their relationship...what is left for them? Throw in an actress like Jane Seymour and I guess they are trying to mix things up. It really isn't doing much for me either....

And if it were upto me, Pete would be back, Lionel and Lex would have more active roles in the show, and Alisha would have survived.

JediTricks
02-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the offer on the cards, but I am so backlogged on other stuff to do that I really don't have a place for 'em around here.

Last night's ep suuuuuuuucked! Why haven't there been super-animals before from the meteor rocks? Why would this kryptonite/steroid injection work on dogs and not humans? Wouldn't Clark have heard the dog whistles? How incredibly convoluted does this plot have to be in order to have guys training superdogs to attack convenience store owners and armored cars? Gah! Lame lame lame.

BTW, in the Silver Age, Krypto was Superboy's superdog and it supersucked. Here's a page with Krypto and other unfortunate superanimals: http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/142/profiles/pro21.html

Tycho
02-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Why haven't there been super-animals before from the meteor rocks? Why would this kryptonite/steroid injection work on dogs and not humans?

I'm sure there were, they just hadn't escaped. But animal testing (though I personally hate it) is a logical step in science, if you think that human testing first is worse.

JediTricks
02-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Hadn't escaped what? I'm talking about super-animals in the wild from the meteor rocks they find EVERYWHERE in the woods.

Sure, animal tests might be logical in the real world, but when has Luthorcorp ever shown any interest in doing animal tests before? They always skip straight to the "create a new freak human" stage.

JetsAndHeels
02-19-2005, 03:30 PM
This whole animal/human testing subject made me wonder something...where has Adam been? Did he die? Maybe I missed something, but I do not remember what happened to him. I am so caught up in trying to figure out this whole Lana/Jason/Jane Seymour plotline that I don't remember much else. I remember Luthorcorp was running tests on him, he got evicted from the apartment above the Talon, etc...but what happened after that?
Someone refresh my memory please!!

scruffziller
02-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Last night's ep suuuuuuuucked! Why haven't there been super-animals before from the meteor rocks? Why would this kryptonite/steroid injection work on dogs and not humans? Wouldn't Clark have heard the dog whistles? How incredibly convoluted does this plot have to be in order to have guys training superdogs to attack convenience store owners and armored cars? Gah! Lame lame lame.

Yea the only highlight of the ep was watching Lois hobble down the stairs.:crazed: ;)

JediTricks
02-20-2005, 01:33 PM
What was with the last scene, with Lois putting the towel on the dog like a cape, and then Clark rushing out like he's hopped up on goofballs to play with the dog even though people are having a conversation with him and the dog is being given attention by others?

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Ok guys, I tracked down the WB's official description for this week's episode.
You may have read it somewhere, but I figured it would help shed some light on this episode.

CLARK AND LANA HEAD TO CHINA IN SEARCH OF A KRYPTONIAN CRYSTAL - After learning that Jason (Jensen Ackles) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) are in China searching for one of the mysterious kryptonian crystals, Clark (Tom Welling) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) follow in the hopes of finding it first. Clark finds an artifact that leads them to the crystal, but he must battle Isobel, the witch, who has once again inhabited Lana's body in order to take the crystal for herself. Meanwhile, Lex has more information on the crystals than he is letting on.

Tycho
02-21-2005, 12:21 PM
That sounds so unbelievably STUPID I am embarassed for the show.

I hope Wednesday night will make me want to change my mind, but I doubt it right now.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
That sounds so unbelievably STUPID I am embarassed for the show.

I hope Wednesday night will make me want to change my mind, but I doubt it right now.

I'm with you on that, Tycho. I REALLY miss the shows where Lionel was a dominant character, Pete was still part of the cast, and things were kept simple in Smallville. I don't like this new approach, bringing in people like Jason and his mother...trying to get a different storyline involving Lana. It makes absolutely no sense.

Droid
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Why would Lex take Jason to China - doesn't seem like he would want Jason to know he found the Crystal. How can lark and Lana can afford to go to China? Why doesn't Clark just steal the crystal from Lex once Lex gets back? Why would Clark agree to take Lana to China? Why would Lana want the crystal at all? How does Clark battle someone inside Lana's body, particularly given that magic is one of his weaknesses? Regardless of the explanations they give, the episode just sounds awful.

SO TIRED OF THIS WITCH GARBAGE.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Ditch the witch!!

This current season would not be so bad if the Lana/Jason crap was not even in the story. This has absolutely NO bearing on the Superman story and I do not see why it was even brought in. Sure, the show has taken a few angles that don't necessarily fit into the big picture, but this is by far the worst and most drawn out crap I have ever seen on this show.

Tycho
02-21-2005, 02:48 PM
OK, this is it.

Perhaps it has something to do with Kryptonian technology and nothing to really do with witchcraft?

Jor-El in a cave wall took over Kara or something, right? The natives even explained things as Native American religion and the legend of Nah'man, right?

Well, Kryptonians could have influenced French Christianity to believe in witches and that sort of thing. Isabel could have been a Kryptonian visitor and she can possess Lana the same way that Jor-El possessed Kara and Clark.

Perhaps this all has something to do with a woman that was Jor-El's enemy who tracked him to earth long ago, and even knew about his entanglements with Lana's family "the Potters," from her mother's side) and this is some elaborate scheme to tear apart Clark to get revenge on Jor-El.

I'd accept some kind of variation on that. If I was writing Smallville and had to write it out of this hole they've dug themselves in, I'd use that.

To stake the show's ratings on the edge of a cliff with this stuff by not delivering it soon....well see what happened to Star Trek Enterprise which was also building up to something huge and elaborate (but in the soundbyte age).

Droid
02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Perhaps it has something to do with Kryptonian technology and nothing to really do with witchcraft?

Tycho, I WOULD prefer that to witches, but I would so rather they had never started down this terrible road.

And yes, I do worry they could kill Smallville if they continue on with this nonsense.

I would really like them to stop acting like all of human history was affected by Jor-El and the Kryptonians. I prefer SUPERMAN's arrival heralded the Kryptonian influence on Earth.

I wish they'd just do a freak of the week at this rate.

Val Da Car
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
I think someone heard the issues here and may have righted SmallVille's story arc to allow it to move forward and now pull a Star Trek Enterprise.

Droid
02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Maybe Kryptonians came to Earth before Kal-El, but are we to believe that one of them brought KRYPTONITE! It was so stupid that Clark opened that wall and there was Kryptonite in there. I am convinced there was no Kryptonite on Earth prior to the destruction of Krypton.

It was a better episode than I expected based on the description. Wrapping up Christopher Reeve's character was nicely done and it adds excitement to the show anytime Jor-El is on. Is the woman that had the other "magic stone" Margot Kidder? Is she the one that vanished? I don't know her character's name.

It was still nice to see Jonathon and Martha in more than one scene. It looks like Jonathon's arm is healed again. :rolleyes:

Why was Lois gone?

Notice we didn't see the dog.

I thought they did a nice job of explaining why everyone ended up in China.

So the stone was hidden in a statue of a horse in a location that could only be discovered by magic. :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-24-2005, 11:33 AM
The episode was actually pretty good.

Jason ending up with the rock AND giving it to Lana to trust her (as she could become Isabel at any time) was a pretty neat twist.

Lex should have searched Clark - the two of them are so suspicious of each other now. In fact, if Clark was getting smarter, he could have swiped the rock with superspeed and then acted knocked out so no one would suspect him. But Clark doesn't think like Lex does (or I do, I guess....evil laugh)

Clark and Lana (Isabel) fighting was very cool and they had a good excuse for it.

China's police brutality seemed pretty real from what we'd expect of Mao Tse Tung's masterpiece.

Who was the Chinese girl that got shot? I was interested in her character and whether she worked for Lionnel or who?

Where does Lionnel have money? I guess Lex didn't find a way to take it all from him. Private jets are very expensive.

And still, how does Lex (now the head of all Luthorcorp) not go to Metropolis? I think they should show him running the whole business now, and rooting out his father's former secret divisions. Lex needs to be shown out of Smallville more often now, and I don't mean in China.

Chloe was not in this episode at all.

Next week, "Lucy Lane?" - Does Lois have a sister in the comics? and "Dude! She does look hot!" :kiss:

Droid
02-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Yes, Lucy Lane is a character in the comics and I believe was also on Lois and Clark, the TV show.

I actually thought that it WOULD turn out that Clark had the rock and was hiding it from Lex and Lana, as a sign that he still can not be honest with Lana and that he does not trust Lex anymore.

scruffziller
02-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Maybe Kryptonians came to Earth before Kal-El, but are we to believe that one of them brought KRYPTONITE! It was so stupid that Clark opened that wall and there was Kryptonite in there. I am convinced there was no Kryptonite on Earth prior to the destruction of Krypton.

Man dude!!!! That is just the black hole that the sucked in the story quality.:(

OR. What if the Kryptonite was put there after Clark landed? Even though we are led to believe that everyone involved that we see were ignorant of that secret chamber. Things aren't always what they seem. Especially when the Luthors are involved. Not to say they did it. Plus, it is quite obvious that
Jason's mother is the head of the society that Swan spoke of. In which he said that his secrets never left.;) She is bigger than Lionel because she got him out of prison. She has more money than Lex that is why the Chinese officials double crossed Lex. Whether Swan was bad, I don't really think so. He could have been oblivious to what was going on or was acting on his own accord against the hierarchy of The Society. And now thinking of it, I believe if Swan and Margot Kidder's charachter were not behind it as well they were actually killed.

What is Kryptonite exactly? Is it nothing more than Krypton soil/rock. Or does it have microscopic space junk that was absorbed into it on its way to earth that makes it dangerous. Or is it dangerous all on its own? Would kryptonite harm a Kryptonian away from a yellow sun? I always thought Kryptonite was harmful to Supes because it caused a sporatic changing back to "mortal/regualr Joe" Kryptonian. Rather than a smooth saturation of a red sun. If the Kryptonians had all that stuff on earth and knew of the yellow sun's powers, they may have been aware to have kryptonite. I have a hypothesis that the Kryptonian relics have been fought over through the ages. And at one point a rougue Krytonian(immune to kryptonite, I am still leaning toward BRAINIAC fitting into this somewhere) or another being used that temple to hide it for themselves or their succesors and to keep someone like Clark( who it is meant for) away from it.

JetsAndHeels
02-26-2005, 05:43 PM
To answer Scruff's question about kryptonite:
Krypton became unstable and a high level of radiation in its atmosphere caused it to explode. As Kal-El's ship rocketed away from the planet, the fragments of it followed him. Embedded in these pieces of rock is the same radiation that caused the planet to explode. No matter where he is, in space, earth, or wherever, Kryptonite weakens him and can kill him.
It makes no difference where he is.

JediTricks
03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
*Yawn* remember when this show was about something, instead of just another rehash of ABC's "Lois & Clark"? I think this is the first ep of Smallville where Clark was barely in it. Lame lame lame, and some of Clark's reactions in the scenes he was in were way out of character, like his accusing comment when he found Lucy with Lex.

Droid
03-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I think I liked it more than you did JediTricks. I liked that it focused on character relationships more than on a "freak of the week". Of course, we still had to hear more of that junk about the stones, but no episode is perfect.

Clark hardly used his powers at all!

I will say it was nice to see the dog, before it eventually vanishes for no reason.

I thought it felt like someone wrote the episode who had no idea of Smallville's history. It would have fit better in an earlier season. Clark and Lex were two chummy. I think they progressed past the point where Lex would make that "never had a brother before you" comment. Also, Lex wasn't an only child. Sure, one died. But they brought in that other son for one episode, had him leave, and forgot about him. One of the many hanging plot points in Smallville I do not care for.

Still diggin' the new Lionel.

Guess it's a rerun next week.

JediTricks
03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Here's my problem, it didn't focus on any relationships of characters we already knew, it rewrote the Lois character (again, this show seems to not really know where her head is at I think) and brought in a new character, everybody else - including Chloe who is their friggin' relative for corn's sake - got no real development at all. Oh, and we got some weird Lana BS that was straight out of daytime soap writing 101, but that wasn't my cup o' tea either.

Clark hardly used his powers at all!That's because Clark was hardly in it at all, but once he got going he went' bonkers with the super-hearing (wouldn't the x-ray vision have worked more effectively for finding Lois & Lucy in the trailer?), then he had the speed, strength, and bullet-proof showoffs, and what was the point of the super-leap? It was way out of character for Clark who doesn't like to fly and it didn't seem any more effective than running, yet it was much noisier.

It's definitely a rerun next week, the body-switching ep when Lionell takes Clark's body.

scruffziller
03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
And what was the point of the super-leap? It was way out of character for Clark who doesn't like to fly and it didn't seem any more effective than running, yet it was much noisier.

It was a nod to "And can leap tall buildings in a single bound!!!" It was so dang cool I had to rewind it and watch it again.

Droid
04-14-2005, 08:31 AM
I thought last night's episode was a really mixed bag. It had some really wondeful moments, stuff that will probably never happen on Smallville:

1. Lex finding out Clark's secret (again)
2. Lex suggesting they team up and rule the world
3. Lex's sword fight with Lionel
4. Lex's beating up Clark and shooting Mr. Kent - "I am the villain of this
story."
5. Lex's putting on the Kryptonite ring and fighting Clark beneath the mansion

But, as usual with Smallville, there were problems, stuff that doesn't make a bit of sense. And, of course, no one remembers anything. But,:

1. Why weren't there cameras in the lab to show Clark after Lex tried to kill
Clark and Chloe?
2. If Lionel was made good by Kryptonian voodoo, why in the world would
Lex getting him angry during a sword fight change him back? They did
not explore good Lionel as well as they could have.
3. Why would Lana go to Clark when she upset about Lex and not Jason?
4. Where is Jason?
5. Why don't they get rid of Jason and realize he has basically removed
Lana from the show?
6. Enough about Jason, why would heating Kryptonite turn it into black
Kryptonite, that did something else?
7. Did the black Kryptonite look blue to anyone else?
8. I don't remember black Kryptonite putting people back together in the
prior episode(s) it was shown. Once again I guess Kryptonite just does
whatever is needed for the story.
9. Where was the dog during the barn fight?
10. Wouldn't the hospital have asked how Jonathon got shot?
11. Why would Lex shoot Mr. Kent and just leave?
12. Why didn't Clark even try to hide his powers in front of evil Lex?
When he was using them he did not yet know evil Lex knew about
Clark's powers.
13. Why would Lex forget everything if evil Lex just went back inside him,
but yet good Lex remembered everything? Seems he'd remember
everything or nothing.
14. Didn't Clark pull Lex's chains off using his powers? Good Lex didn't
pick up on the super strength? Good Lex didn't see Clark use his
heat vision?
15. Why the "was it an evil Lex" or "my evil half" discussion at the end.
It was clearly Lex's evil half, or in the alternative, the second Lex still
became a part of Lex.
16. Anyone else wondering if they'd kill good Lex and just have that be how
Lex became evil?

Enough questions. As I said, I am very conflicted about how I feel about the episode. It had some neat moments, but sloppy writing, kind of like the whole show.

Tycho
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Droid, you basically summed up all I'd have said.

I too thought this would've been THE show to bring out evil Lex permanently.

I also thought that:

If Lionnel was good, but Lex had turned so bad, he'd betray the father he'd always wanted, and Lionnel would die, but in denial, Lex would blame Clark for that.

I also thought that Lex would become involved with Lana (it seems she might like him at the end of the episode, having only then just thought about them as a couple for the very first time when he'd forced the choice on her). Something between a triangle of Lex, Clark, and Lana would also cause the final rift.

And if Lex became the enemy on Smallville, could the show continue as Smallville, or is "Lex as the enemy" the "proper Superman lore only area?"

Droid
04-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I have thought for quite some time that Lana would be what created the final rift between Lex and Clark.

I certainly hope that Lex is evil by the end of the show, even if they don't have him evil for, say, a whole season. If they end the show with Clark and Lex still being friends and it not really being clear what it is that made Lex choose his evil self, that will be a real let down.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
That was a great episode marred by a few serious cheats:
- Where did Evil Lex get that iron mask to trap the good version?
- For the one time in the series's history, 2 people shared a conversation about a 3rd character being in 2 places at once. Why is it that the 500 times we've seen Clark do this nobody ever says "Clark was with me at 5pm and disappeared, how could he have saved you 2 minutes later in Metropolis?"? That kind of cheat is too damn much, you can't have it both ways, either NOBODY ever does it or it happens all the time and they deal with it.
- All of a sudden, Clark has an easy-defeat for Kryptonite, simply heat-vision it until it's black and safe to dispose of, yet you know that's never going to happen again. And how did Clark know the exact temperature and focus that the laser was using to turn the green K into black K?

scruffziller
04-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Also didn't Lex seems to be even less evil than before at the end of the show when the 2 merged?

Droid
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Ugh, I can accept how everyone figure things out so easily. I can accept that no one seems to find things that happen in Smallville even remotely remarkable. I can accept that the ending was kind of ambiguous as to if the "villain" will be back or was even truly beaten, but:

1. Chloe hits Jonathon, the show's punching bag, in the face with the butt of
an axe, he tumbles down a flight of stairs and he says to Clark, "Chloe
doesn't seem herself." That's all he has to say!
2. How did Jonathon get the Kryptonite SO quickly. Did he just run outside
and grab some? Is it just laying around at the school?
3. Didn't they pretty clearly establish that the "ghost" had to touch someone
to change bodies? It can just run off to get away from the
Kryptonite?
4. Anyone else think she would be unable to jump into Clark?
5. When did Jason turn evil? Haven't they had conversations with just he
and his mother where he wasn't working with her?
6. Why did Lana show up at the prom?
7. Why did Lana dance with Clark and cling to him as if he were her one true
love?
8. Why didn't Lana not go because she is dating Jason?
9. Why did Jason show up at the prom?
10. Why would Jason and his mother be smart enough to kill someone and
not smart enough to cover it up themselves? And does anyone think
Lex is really powerful enough to make it seem as though someone
NEVER existed? Really, erase ALL proof? Ya, right. How would
Jason know Lex's password?
11. Why would Lex cover up a dead body and a murder he had nothing to
do with?
12. If Jason and his mother were killing someone, why HACK UP the body?
13. Why would they kill Margot Kidder's character? Even if Margot didn't
want to be on again right now, why not leave the door open? Especially
if they ever wanted to reveal more things Dr. Swan knew?
14. Anyone else think Clark was a bit of a cad for not dancing even once
with Chloe?
15. I almost forgot my favorite. They have the guy in the locker room
shocked (and maybe die) and the sheriff is nowhere to be seen. No
one cares that Lana may have killed somebody. But yet the sheriff
tells Jason, "I would love a good murder mystery about now." Gee
Sheriff, maybe you could look into Miss Lang killing somebody AT THE
HIGH SCHOOL. And Clark didn't even try to do anything for that guy
who got shocked.
16. And does everyone enjoy that at Smallville high the frontrunner for
prom queen can die and her date is shocked (to death?) in the locker
room, and nothing changes at the school as far as prom is concerned.
It isn't cancelled, toned down, the prom queen vote isn't called off, the
dead students aren't mentioned. And when Chloe brings up a DEAD
student everyone LAUGHS?
17. If I'm ever hurt, don't take me to the Smallville medical center. Last
week evil Lex kills a guy. This week possessed nurse kills someone.
No investigation. No autopsy. Just, "Whoops, lost another one."

I enjoyed the episode from a watchability standpoint. But I am really tired of the sloppy, sloppy writing.

Looking back, didn't Clark take Chloe to prom as a freshman? Why were freshmen at the prom?

It was good to have Jonathon on so much, even if it was just so he could get beat on again. They showed the dog again. Annette O' Toole did a great job acting as a teenager.

Next week might be a fun episode. But God forbid they further the overall plot.

JediTricks
04-22-2005, 07:49 PM
4. Anyone else think she would be unable to jump into Clark?I thought the exact same thing, and the rest of your list is right on the money as well. I found some of those plot holes so bad that I couldn't really enjoy the show.

Tycho
04-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Clark took Chloe to the Spring Formal in Season 1, not prom.

I'm surprised the shows' characters haven't dealt more with college apps, SATs, and talk of graduation trips and getting ready for prom before the actual prom episode. That's how I thought it was done on other high school shows. That's the big deal in their lives.

Meanwhile, I laughed out loud at Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole's) performance as a teen-ager. This was probably one of her best moments on the show. I'd love to see an interview with the actress about doing that bit of work. She was hilarious yet somehow really believeable.

Kent's amnesia episode was great last night. I'm really liking Chloe this season after she's learned Clark's secret. She's a true friend and such a sweetheart. Her casting really has helped make the show as well as the rest of the group.

The actor that played Kevin looked a lot like Eric Johnson who played Whitney on the first season. I wonder if he was a relative or brother? He was pretty good.

Is Margot Kidder's character really dead? Did something happen to Margot in real life?

I think there's more to what they're showing us that has to tie up at the end of the season than we're aware of at this time.

JetsAndHeels
04-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Kent's amnesia episode was great last night. I'm really liking Chloe this season after she's learned Clark's secret. She's a true friend and such a sweetheart. Her casting really has helped make the show as well as the rest of the group.

The actor that played Kevin looked a lot like Eric Johnson who played Whitney on the first season. I wonder if he was a relative or brother? He was pretty good.

Tycho, I also thought last night's episode was good. I used to not like Chloe a whole lot, but her character has really developed this season now that she knows about Clark's secret. I think she is handling the responsibility alot better than Pete did (but I still wish Pete was on the show).

The actor who played Kevin was Jonathan Bennett. He has been in a couple of movies like "Mean Girls" and has guest starred on the show "Veronica Mars."
I think he did a good job also. Instead of the writers taking that freak of the week approach, they made Kevin just a regular guy who got sucked into the whole memory ward at Summerholt.

JediTricks
04-29-2005, 03:23 AM
I thought the ep was uneven, not enough time with Chloe/Clark, not enough "look what this person knows" (in the form of Chloe), how incredibly stupid for Clark to just blurt out that comment about the cave, Jason's transformation seems to be getting further and further into the ridiculous realm, Clark knocks over the shelves containing the kryptonite and somehow that makes it all better even though it's still right there in the room and unshielded, and too much of a reset-button at the end, but it was still entertaining.

Droid
04-29-2005, 10:36 AM
In my last post I said about last night's episode, "Next week might be a fun episode. But God forbid they further the overall plot."

I was right! It was a fun episode, that pretty much in no way furthered the overall plot. (I know, I know, Lex knows a little more about the caves.)

I thought Lana and Clark's conversation at the school was pretty neat, but I don't buy that they would start dating again. He isn't going to open up to her more now than he did before.

I would enjoy it if they would have Clark found out that Chloe knows. I was actually worried the memory erasing guy would make her forget that altogether.

JediTricks
05-01-2005, 03:52 PM
IIRC, in some versions of the Superman canon, Lana knows about Clark from their high school days which means she'd have to know soon on the show if they're going that route.

JetsAndHeels
05-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Lana not only knows Clark's secret, she is also married to Pete. Things will work out for Lana to know about Clark's abilities (hopefully), but I know if Pete was still on the show, there would not be a relationship between those two. The writers decided the Lana/Jason/Jason's mother angle was too interesting..... :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh my goodness how I hated this week's episode! Sappy and trite, pointless and cruel to the characters, I even disliked the score. The only thing that was even remotely likeable was Lionel's twist on Jason's mother, and even that appeared to cop out at the end.

Tycho
05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Typically JediTricks dislikes everything that's positive and good about a program:

Sappy and trite, pointless and cruel to the characters,

Sappiness is cute - showing Clark and Lana as Dad and Mom.

Showing the parallels to the kid being just like Clark was during his "going through teen stages - 'you're not my real dad!' type angst." It was a nice turning the tables on him to also show how he has matured.

Meanwhile, it showed how Clark will try and trust Lex to be good again, and how Lex understands that, but decides he is his father's son, and then some, and he decides to do "the right thing" only to further his own ends.

There was a lot more to the episode than just this, but its a good place to start.

While I'd like the show to advance where it cannot go back from (in plot - like The Shield and other mini-series shows, or how Deep Space Nine was handled, for another good example as opposed to the ever "all things return to equal Star Trek TNG,") the other night's episode was great. I'm sorry some people missed it.

scruffziller
05-06-2005, 07:53 PM
"Go get 'em Speedy...":D

That was a priceless comment.

JediTricks
05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Tycho, have I mentioned lately that all your taste is located in your mouth? If you want sap, switch to "Joan of Arcadia"; if you want shoestring-quality, poorly-written emotional dramas, start watching more of cable's Lifetime network. That's where this ep belonged, shallow blithering foolishness that somehow was far below the quality of a teen-soap Superman show. No character depth, painfully straightforward storyline with no lasting impact, hollow writing pretending to encompass "the parent/child bond" without examining even a shred of what makes this kid feel this way 2 days out of the womb, nothing from Clark or Lana except standard garbage that could be found on a "very special" Beverly Hills 90210 episode.

Scruff, I thought that was a cute line, but I wondered why he wouldn't hear it.

Droid
05-09-2005, 08:27 AM
I liked the episode more than many of the old "freak of the week" episodes. But at this point, every episode that does not further the overall plot in the slightest way really gets on my nerves. It would have been a better episode for seasons one or two. Next week is the season finale. Why not build up to it? They always do an entire season of episodes that accomplish virtually nothing, have an exciting season finale that is through the roof on furthering the plot and then in the next season they clean up the season finale's "mess" in at most two episodes, returning everything to the status quo.

Season One - "Did you fly up and get me from a tornado? Oh, never mind.
I was probably imaging things. Let's never discuss this again."

Season Two - "Sorry I killed your baby, Mom. Sorry I led a life in crime in
Metropolis. Sorry I forced you to make a choice that ruined
your health, Dad. Let's never discuss this again."

Season Three - "I spent a summer in a wall getting programmed to be the
Kryptonian I am supposed to be and showing me once
and for all I CAN fly (though I don't know why I keep
thinking I can't). But I DID get exposed to a rock that
(I guess) made me forget evertying I learned in the wall.
Let's never discuss this again."

I agree with JediTricks. They had a wondeful opportunity to just have Lionel KILL this stupid witch plot and for the show to move on. Even if she tells where the rock is, Lionel should thank her, take the rock and let her die of the poison. I am so sick of Jason and his mother.

As we approach the season finale, let's all remember our pledge to avoid revealing any spoiler not in a preview for the next week's episode!

Tycho
05-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Spoiler: Jor-El has taken over Krypto's body. We should all get ready for a season of talking-dog episodes. Terrence Stamp has played roles with super-powers, super-titles, and now here comes super-pooping.

Just kidding. :D

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Ok, well the season finale is a 90-minute episode and is scheduled for May 18th. What I plan on doing is having a friend of mine tape the episode, that way I can be at the movie theater by 9:45-10pm and in line for EP3. The reason I cannot watch the episode in its entirety is that I am a good 35 minutes from the theater I have my tickets to. I love Smallville, but I also want to get a good spot in line for the movie. I know for a fact that the lines will be formed by 10pm here. Anyone else got a dilemma with this?

Back to the subject: This week's episode is entitled "Forever", and here is the WB's official description:
GENEVIEVE ATTACKS LANA TO GET THE CRYSTAL Clark (Tom Welling) must stop the school photographer (guest star Steven Grayhm) after he sets up a secret simulated high school and begins kidnapping students -- starting with Chloe (Allison Mack) -- to keep the glory days of high school going forever. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lionel (John Glover) are kidnapped and tortured by the Teagues in an effort to find the crystal. However, after Genevieve (guest star Jane Seymour) realizes Lana (Kristin Kreuk) has the crystal, she decides to put an end to the hunt once and for all.

And here is the official description for the season finale, "Commencement":
THE 90-MINUTE SEASON FINALE IS PACKED WITH MURDER, BETRAYAL AND AN UNFORGETTABLE GRADUATION DAY FOR ALL - Clark (Tom Welling) begins to piece together the reason he was sent to Earth after he has a nightmare that something horrible is going to happen to Smallville and heads to the cave to seek answers from Jor-El. His biological father tells him he must reunite the three crystals immediately or a disaster of epic proportions will befall the planet and even Clark won't be able to stop it. Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) helps Lana (Kristin Kreuk) escape Smallville after the death of Genevieve Teague the takes shocking action to get one of the crystals away from Lionel (John Glover). Realizing they are connected to Clark, Chloe (Allison Mack) tries to stop Lex from discovering the truth about the crystals. Jason (Jensen Ackles) takes Jonathan (John Schneider) and Martha (Annette O'Toole) hostage and threatens to kill Martha unless Jonathan tells him where Clark hid the crystals. Greg Beeman directed the episode written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer.

Tycho
05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
You know, those spoilers tell me that the season's end DOES NOT advance the plot enough to make it that interesting, and it doesn't justify all the crap with Jason and his mother unless there is more to it than that (as revealed in these last 2 shows).

And another cliff hanger that I'm not overall THAT excited about seeing resolve itself.

It'll need to be full of sexual tension, campy cuteness, and whatever other hokey elements I like in Smallville to make me satisfied that I was entertained. It's just not that serious of show (See The Shield).

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 07:47 PM
It'll need to be full of sexual tension, campy cuteness, and whatever other hokey elements I like in Smallville to make me satisfied that I was entertained. It's just not that serious of show (See The Shield).No no Tycho, you need to just accept it as it is and let it entertain you, be satisfied with whatever they push on the screen. :p

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Just to add to my previous post, this week's episode is part 1 of the season finale.
I also read on another site that even though there have been rumors to the Bruce Wayne character making an appearance next season, it is a no-go. However there are some reports that other DC characters will be involved.

Tycho
05-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I cant wait for Clark to meet WonderWoman! - not.

Green Lantern will probably be made out of Green Meteor Rock and will make Clark sick being around him.

If not Batman, then Joker, Robin, Catwoman, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, TwoFace.....

I know: Under Dog!

I don't know a lot about Super Heroes:

I know....

Superman
Batman
SpiderMan
X-Men
The Hulk
Wonder Woman
The Greatest American Hero ;)

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 05:18 PM
That Bruce Wayne rumor has been around this show since day 1, ever since this show was created out of the ashes of the "young Bruce Wayne show" concept in fact. Now that Bats is getting another film, I'm not surprised they're keeping Bruce away from Smallville, trying to protect assets.

Clark meeting classic-style (not this new revisioning of the character) Wonder Woman could actually work, she's ageless and has been around since WW2, could have an early-30s Diana Prince pass through Smallville pretty easily, I'd buy that way more than that Perry White ep they did.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok, tonight's episode was not the greatest but definately not the worst either. I think the concept of the guy trying to preserve his high school life is pretty creative, but for some reason just did not come across as too interesting. It was cool to see him touch people and see the unfortunate few fall and break into pieces, but overall this guy really doesn't rank too high on the list of Smallville villains.
The parts of the episode that I really liked where the ones involving the Luthors and the Teagues. The chase through the woods was good, with Jason getting a bullet at the end and falling into the water. Now I wonder if he really is dead, or if he is just going to be absent long enough to make a return in season 5 (ala Chloe's "death" in the season 3 finale).
Next week's finale of season 4 looks good from what has been shown. The shot of Clark out in the arctic is what intrigues me. I guess the whole Fortress of Solitude thing is going to come into play, and its about darn time.
So what did everyone else think of tonight's episode?

Droid
05-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Wonder Woman doesn't age?

I am never a huge fan of the freak of the week shows, but I thought that it was nice that they cut back and forth between the freak plot and the hostage Luthors situation. The episode had a good, quick flow to it.

Lana is the Chosen One? I thought Anakin was. :rolleyes:

It was odd to me that, as they have done in a few episodes, they did not give any hint of what caused the freak to be the way he is.

"Clark still blames himself for my heart condition." He should.

So Clark and Lana intend to stay in Smallville. What a crock. I expected next season to be significantly different, with Clark really beginning to seize his destiny. I imagine that what they are going to do next season is have Lex stay at the castle. Have Clark stay on the farm. Have Lana stay above the Talon. Have Lois visit once in a while. And I won't be the slightest bit surprised if Chloe works at the Daily Planet, goes to school in Metropolis, and then is in town all the time. And it will just be the same Kryptonite freak every episode.

This should have been a show designed for a four season arc and then ended.

I still think they made a major mistake having Metropolis be in Kansas. Will Clark ever really LEAVE the farm? Even when he is Clark Kent, working in Metropolis at the Daily Planet and being a full-fledged costumed Superman, couldn't he just fly home every day to do the chores? And are we really to believe that Superman's home base will be in KANSAS?

I imagine the show will end before they show this, but HOW ON EARTH will Lex not know that Clark is Superman?

I want something to seriously progress the show's plot!

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 02:07 AM
I think the concept of the guy trying to preserve his high school life is pretty creative, but for some reason just did not come across as too interesting. It was cool to see him touch people and see the unfortunate few fall and break into pieces, but overall this guy really doesn't rank too high on the list of Smallville villains.I think part of the problem was the set-up wasn't given enough writing, the guy ends up with absolutely no depth and his powers aren't given "rules" (like why people can move their eyes when frozen, yet nobody saw Clark using super powers right in front of them). It was an episode with very little impact for me, the SFX looked pretty weak and the plots felt thin. Also, time seemed to move by strangely, it's the last day of school, so much happens in the fake school, yet somehow Chloe is at real school by the end of that school day? The Teagues and Luthors felt promising, but only the ending and Lionell's claim that he gave Lana the stone were of any interest to me, the rest just didn't go anywhere. In the end, it was ok, but felt thin. The stuff with Clark and Jonathan was a little better, but Jonathan seemed overly hostile even for his emotional background and was risking his life to chop some wood, seemed unrealistic that he expected to be able to do all this other stuff as well.

Tycho
05-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Whoa. I agree with JediTricks' review. Imagine that.

I think someone or someone else has said everything I could've.

The head off the body and blowing up into bits of frozen blood was a shocking effect I didn't expect though.

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
As for shock value, I suppose it would be if you didn't see it coming, I thought they kinda telegraphed it enough to know something like that would happen so it was almost a chuckle for me. I've seen that effect look way better though, this one looked like a fake head full of glass.

JetsAndHeels
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
As for shock value, I suppose it would be if you didn't see it coming, I thought they kinda telegraphed it enough to know something like that would happen so it was almost a chuckle for me. I've seen that effect look way better though, this one looked like a fake head full of glass.

Reminds me of the season 1 episode "Cool", where the football player has the permanent case of hypothermia and has to absorb everyone's body heat to stay warm. One scene was where he did that to one of his ex-girlfriends and she shattered as her body hit the floor.

scruffziller
05-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Well I believe that ZOD has landed on Earth.:D

JediTricks
05-20-2005, 02:24 AM
I thought that was a really good ep, some of the motivations were a little off because of how over-the-top they were going, and some of these goobers waited an awfully long time to get out of town, but it did feel like an edge-of-your seat ep for sure. Lois finally started really feeling like the real Lois Lane and Chloe's hip-check of Lex at the end was a tad unbelievable but still pretty smile-enducing.

So what's in that black diamond-shaped craft that was opening at the end, Brainiac? That'd be a hell of a twist. I think this show really has to come back strong next season coming off what we have here, focus on Superman aspects of the plot rather than soap opera stuff, and it'll have evolved into something greater.

JetsAndHeels
05-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I just watched the episode this morning (had a friend tape it Wednesday night) and I really enjoyed it. As I was watching it I could start to feel some of the Superman theme really starting to take place....the interruption of the commencement, Clark saving the child from the falling meteors, etc.
That black craft that landed out in front of Lana's crashed helicopter has to be Zod, or something of that sort. Looks like it may have opened or something, because I saw a ray of light shine on Lana, so apparently things are happening with that.
And the scene of Clark in the Arctic.....well we all know whats going to happen with that. I guess we will see the Fortress next season (at least I am really hoping for that..what else could it be). So it looks like things are changing and the show is going more towards the Superman angle now, not just Clark Kent the farmboy.

Tycho
07-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Hey guys. I met Margot Kidder at Comic Con today and she said I was handsome! :kiss:

She introduced me to the woman who played Ursula (the bad girl) in Superman 2 as well.

We chatted for a few minutes. Margot was very cool. We talked Smallville mostly. She loves the show and has been a fan as well.

She wished they didn't kill her character off. She'd have liked to have done more episodes - and wished she could have done scenes with Christopher Reeve when he was still alive (for Smallville). I suggested that maybe they only killed a Luthorcorp clone. Then they could bring her back. Bridgette Crosby might be too smart to just roll over for either Luthor.

I also got up and asked Bryan Singer (Superman Returns - Sup. 1.5, the new movie) about their decision to not do Smallville - and he also likes the show. He said they are very busy and the cast wants to do other things for their outside Smallville work besides playing the same characters. Tom Welling did a new movie that's coming out soon.

Singer's Superman takes place between the old movies 1 & 2 and has Lois Lane married and with a son! (if you're going to see a trailer for this, you'll know that fact...because I don't know which one of you is going to cry to me about spoilers next).

Anyway, the film looks great! Johnathon and Martha seem to be a lot older than they do on Smallville. But I know Smallville was the version that changed that and made them younger instead.

JediTricks
07-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I met Margot Kidder at Comic Con today and she said I was handsome!Hmm, I guess she never fully recovered from her mental illness. :crazed: :p

She wished they didn't kill her character off.I totally agree, she's a great actress and it was an interesting part, writing her off the way they did felt absolutely pointless.

Singer's Superman... has Lois Lane married and with a son!Well, that's total crap. I swear, these guys are contracted to change every little thing they can get their hands on in these "revisionings" whether they like it or not.

Droid
07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm not crazy about the actor playing Superman. The costume is all wrong. Actually having it take place in the universe of the original four films (in between I and II?) is nonsense. At what point in between I and II did Lois marry someone and have a son? Having Lois married to someone else and with a child is absurd.

If Kevin Spacey wasn't playing Lex Luthor I couldn't think of a single, solitary reason to see this thing.

JetsAndHeels
07-20-2005, 03:15 PM
I am not so sure of Routh myself, but I am just really looking forward to a new Superman film coming to the big screen. With Spacey in it and Singer directing, it seems promising at least.

As far as Smallville goes, I hate the offseason but it is a good time to watch reruns on abc family and the wb. I have read spoilers for the season 5 premiere (who is in the black ship, etc) and it sounds very interesting. Can't wait for things to get started.

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I have it on extremely good authority that Routh isn't a very talented actor. A close friend of my sister's worked with him on whatever the name of that soap opera is he stared in before getting this role and she was less than impressed. Take it for what it's worth but apparently she wasn't the only one on the set who felt this way. I'm just hoping it might have had something to do with the material he was working with and that he steps it up for his role as Superman.

JetsAndHeels
07-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Hellboy, I have heard these things about him too. I am just trying to be optimistic that Singer will have him do a good job and do good work. If it does turn out bad I will be ****ed, but at this point I am just hoping he does a good job and does the character some justice.

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I think thats what we're all hoping for. Until I see otherwise I'm willing to give him and Singer the benefit of the doubt. Fingers are crossed. :nerv:

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Season 5 news from the Superman Homepage:

JAMES MARSTERS VISITS "SMALLVILLE" AS THE EVIL BRAINIAC AND TOM WOPAT REUNITES WITH SERIES STAR JOHN SCHNEIDER
James Marsters sinks his teeth into another juicy role for The WB when he joins the cast of SMALLVILLE for multiple episodes. Marsters will portray Brainiac, a classic DC Comics villain and one of the Man-of-Steel's most formidable enemies. Additionally, one episode this season will reunite series star John Schneider with his former "Dukes of Hazzard" co-star, Tom Wopat.

Marsters plays college professor Milton Fine, alter ego of the uber-villain Brainiac. Possessed of a vast, superior knowledge limited only by his hubris and emotions, Brainiac comes to earth armed with a secret about Clark's biological family and the truth about Krypton's demise. Brainiac's presence in Smallville will have a devastating effect on Clark and Lex's already deteriorating friendship.

Marsters first appeared on The WB in the critically acclaimed hit series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" as Spike, the vampire who first tries to kill Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar), but ultimately falls in love with her. After five seasons on the show and Spike's untimely demise, Marsters' character was reborn as a ghost on the series spin-off Angel starring David Boreanaz.

Marsters began his professional career in the theater, performing in stage productions including "The Tempest" and "Red Noses" at Chicago's renowned Goodman Theatre. In addition, Marsters revisited the stage in Los Angeles with a starring role in an original play produced by Noah Wyle, titled "The Why." Additional television roles include a guest appearance on "Northern Exposure" and the series "Strange Frequency" for VH1, as well as on Gene Roddenberry's "Andromeda."

Brainiac is the latest DC Comics character to appear in SMALLVILLE. The Flash, Mxyzptlk and Perry White have all made appearances during the series run. Last season, Lois Lane (Erica Durance) joined the cast.

Also this season on SMALLVILLE, veteran actor and Broadway star Tom Wopat will portray a state senator who was a boyhood friend of Jonathan Kent (Schneider). In addition to his role co-starring with Schneider on the hit television series "The Dukes of Hazzard," Wopat starred in the popular sitcom "Cybill," with Cybill Shepherd, and in the daytime drama "All My Children." He was also nominated for Broadway's 1999 Tony Award as Best Actor (Musical) for his role opposite Bernadette Peters in the revival of "Annie Get Your Gun."

The fifth season will premiere on The WB on Thursday, September 29.

Tycho
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Could someone list the superhero villains:

Such as:

Batman:

Joker
Riddler
Two Face
Scarecrow
Mr. Freeze
Penguin
Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Bane

X-men

Magneto
Sabertoothe
Toad
Mystique
Pyro

Spiderman

Dr. Octopus
Green Goblin
Hob-Goblin

The Hulk

Superman

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Superman has plenty.

Lex Luthor
Braniac (also Braniac 2.5 and Braniac 13)
Bizarro
Darkseid
Metallo
Parasite
The Prankster
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Cyborg
Doomsday
General Zod
Encantadora
Dominus
Mongul
Imperiex
Intergang
Toyman
Gog
Atomic Skull
Riot
Adversary
Mudge
Satanus
Blaze
Silver Banshee
Scorch
Maxima
Massacre
Ignition
Kancer
Faora

JediTricks
07-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Superman has a pretty awful rogue's gallery beyond Lex Luthor:
- Lex
- Brainiac
- Mr Mxyzptlk
- Bizarro
- Darkseid
- Metallo
- General Zod
- Parasite
- Doomsday
- The Toyman
- Intergang
- Hitler and the Third Reich ;) (to be honest, it seems like this is the only really good entry in Superman's rogue's gallery :p)

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Princess Leia comes to Smallville!!

Here is some news from the Superman Homepage that I wanted to pass along:

August 17, 2005: Princess Leia at the Daily Planet
TV Guide Online has posted the following SPOILER in the "Ask Ausiello" section of their site...

Carrie's playing Pauline Kahn, the no-nonsense editor-in-chief of the "Daily Planet" whom Chloe (Allison Mack) meets in hopes of landing an internship. Her episode airs Oct. 27. But considering Chloe gets the gig, it's probably safe to say we'll see Princess L again.