PDA

View Full Version : Celebration II figure

INDIANA
12-21-2001, 02:41 PM
I thought of this last night, but I can't find the old threads to see if it was mentioned before. If it has, please forgive me.

An idea for the Celebration II figure that would not require a new mold, be unique for the convention, and highly desired by old and new collectors......

Zutton, painted BLUE with SILVER boots and an Imperial blaster!!

Beast
12-21-2001, 03:53 PM
Uttini, you have issues. Big Time. :crazed:

Whats the deal with the cryptic mumbo jumbo all over the place. It's just plain silly. Get a grip, kay.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks II

xboywonder
12-21-2001, 04:34 PM
Hey Uttini... all I can say is...... What ??

INDIANA
12-21-2001, 05:12 PM
As things are in the world.....

You come up with what you think is an original idea.....

You are proud of it and would hope others would appreciate it....

AND SOME NUT-JOB SCREWS IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO..........Is the Blue Snaggeltooth idea NEW ???????

Does anyone think it's GOOD ???????

JediCole
12-21-2001, 05:15 PM
Regardless of which character this figure turns out to be, is anyone going to Celebration II? Assuming that they let people obtain more than one of these figures, if enough people from the SSG community are going, perhaps they can stock up on them for those of us that cannot. As long as everyone here is willing to take only one, it could work out well, and save us all from scalpers! Any thoughts? Anyone going? Like I said, such a plan is incumbant on the promoters of Celebration II offering the figure en masse, and letting attendees purchase more than just one. Please do not post replies telling me that if they don't let people have more than one figure that the whole plan is irrelevant. I know that! I thank you!

Rollo Tomassi
12-21-2001, 05:17 PM
Well, I honestly don't like the idea of a Blue Snaggletooth. I want somebody a little more important. But i haven't decided whether I want an AOTC figure or an OT figure...

GNT
12-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Utinni

For I have the keys to the secret kingdom.

The one Rollo and the others don't tell you about.

The one where they laugh about you from afar.

I can give you the key. [/B]

You cant tell them Utinni,dont be so evil.........
Blue snaggletooth,I doubt it cause they'd have to change the leg size and that and thats too much work for Hasbro to do :)

Jayspawn
12-22-2001, 01:37 AM
I won't mind if there's a convention figure as long as I get to go! Haha! I hope its a cool one anyway.

Rollo Tomassi
12-22-2001, 11:30 AM
And certainly not a resculpt. The only resculpt I would get was a 300th Fett- style Luke Skywalker. Either a Tatooine Luke with ALL his stuff (ala the 12" one) or a Jedi Luke with camoflage poncho, removable helmet, Jedi Cloak, and 3 interchangeable hands.

Nope, I want an all new figure. I know it's Hasbro, but geez....why hype up an exclusive figure if we get it and say blech:dead:

evenflow
12-23-2001, 12:57 PM
Whatever it is going to be, we are all going to want it, and are going to go through hell to get it. :(

GNT
12-23-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Whatever it is going to be, we are all going to want it, and are going to go through hell to get it. :(

Afraid so :( And you think I have a chance at getting it? No :( I'll have to resort to ebay or scalpers to obtain it cause there is no other way for me to get it :(

Obi-Dan Kenobi
12-24-2001, 01:49 AM
When I first heard that it was going to be something "innovative," my first thought was that it would be a Geaorge Lucas figure. My fears were made worse by the picture of a Real Scan bust of him that showed up on the internet. God, I hope that's not it. I know a lot of people would like to see this, but there are a million figures I'd rather have than this.

That is, if I get to go. Are there still a lot of passes left?

Jargo
12-24-2001, 05:13 PM
I'll only want it if it's any good. If it's just a rehash in a shiny box then I won't want it. Why pay through the nose for a piece of shiny printed cardboard and a figure I already have? If it's new and 'innovative and interesting and novel then I might want to get my hands on one. But then it's still going to cost me an arm and a leg because it's a helluva long way from the north of England to the states and then even further to the celebration event. I doubt I could afford to get to Ireland let alone cross the Atlantic ocean. I'll probably wait and see what you guys think of it and then wait for them to start showing up at Brians toys or Ebay or scalper comic and collector stores over here in good old blighty :happy:

Sean the Hutt
12-24-2001, 08:14 PM
I would want one if anyone can pull it off. I have things to trade. If I were going I would do it. If it ever comes to California I will be there!

Ken-Wan Obi-Obi
12-25-2001, 09:33 AM
My choice would be the first ever action figure of a Star Wars scalper. It needs to be sculpted as a three-hundred pound, jobless individual who has nothing better to do than sneak into the back of stores all day long and rummage through boxes. For accessories, it needs to come with 2 or 3 Hasbro cases of hard to find action figures under each arm.

I already hate this character so I won't mind it so much when I am not able to get one. Sheesh.

GNT
12-25-2001, 09:49 PM
Does anyone think the preview figure might be sold at this event(If its before the release of AOTC)? just a thought

Obi-Dan Kenobi
12-27-2001, 03:49 PM
The preview figures are supposed to come out in stores two or three months before the Celebration. I would imagine some will be sold there, too.