PDA

View Full Version : Why Another Silver Vader you ask???

CrunchyNug
08-12-2004, 01:15 PM
When I first saw the images online, I was amazed that another Vader had been selected to be the next Sliver Figure. For a line that caters mainly to collectors, and consisting of only 6 figures total, why would Hasbro decide to repeat a character that started us off?

I asked this question to the Hasbro guys while visiting Comic Con and their answer made so much sense to me. They simply stated that since this next (and final) figure is a store exclusive (TRU) they really had no say in the selection. As it was explained to me, TRU gets to choose the figure for their promotional give-away, not the Hasbro team. This is exactly what happened with the Clone Trooper.

Anyways, I'm sure that a few of you out there had the same concern...2 Silver Vaders??? Well, this is your answer from Hasbro.

Kyle Katarn
08-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I think repeating a character for a figure exclusive is kind of stupid, the other Darth Vader is a very expensive and hard to find exclusive and this one wont be like that, also why did TRU chose Vader if there is a great number of other characters that would look better in a silver painting? But what can we do, this figure is about to be released.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I suppose it's good for people who didn't get the first one. If I'm gonna get the TIE Fighter or Y-wing from there, I might as well get a free Vader. Though it's good to have an explanation.

Kidhuman
08-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Either way, I will buy one

TheDarthVader
08-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Well my slogan is: All's well that ends AND begins well. Hasbro started us off with the best villian ever...DARTH VADER! Hasbro is going to end with the best character in the Star Wars universe...DARTH VADER! It is as simple as that! :D He is very popular. I am going to get two of these "new" silver Vaders. Trust me, it will be worth it. I think the figure is extra cool.

B.
TDV

vadersvette
08-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Amen to that. Vader is the best :crazed: I never got the Toy Fair one, so now I'll have a silver Vader, although I still think that TRU should have picked another character, and SWShop.com should have the 2002 Vader and Sacul for a low price (maybe $10-$15). :greedy:

mastermatt24
08-17-2004, 02:55 PM
and SWShop.com should have the 2002 Vader and Sacul for a low price (maybe $10-$15). :greedy:
Are they going to be selling them again???!!!!

vadersvette
08-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Are they going to be selling them again???!!!!
No, I was just saying that I wish they would sell them again, but for cheaper.

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:17 AM
I will buy it, but i am glad the line is ending. I really hope we start getting some real exclusives, new figure exclusives. Where is the next fan choice poll? I would have like a vac-metal red Royal Guard.

stillakid
09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Will it be the cool Toyfair version or the crappy silver paint version like the Clone has?

Turbowars
09-06-2004, 11:37 AM
I don't know Crunchy, that seems like a really stupid answer if you ask me. The Reps are really never truthful with their answers. They remind me of politicians, you ask them a question and they really never answer it.:stupid:

Turbowars
09-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Will it be the cool Toyfair version or the crappy silver paint version like the Clone has?It will be the crappy paint version.

ronhudy
09-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Since there is a lot of talk that Toys R Us will be shutting down it's toy operation, and concentrating on it's "Babies R Us" stores, maybe the next silver exclusive will be "Luke and Leia - Twin Babies"...come to think of it...that's a pretty cool idea for a custom figure! I think I'm gonna go buy some little baby figures and spray paint them silver and put 'em on a Black & Silver card!!!!

DahrJin
09-15-2004, 09:40 AM
I have no problems with a second Vader to add to my Silver Collection.

Only problem I have is the painting of the saber silver. Should have been left RED.

Turbowars
09-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Masking the saber off at the hilt would have put Hasbro under. That's why it's all silver.