PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ modified (ouch!!!)

Elliejabbapop
08-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok, it seems that it has actually been confirmed: Hayden will appear as Anakin in the ending of ROTJ. I'm a die hard SW fan but I must say that if it's true (I still can't believe it) S**** YOU GEORGE:( :( :( I really like the original trilogy as it is, I hate (I'm using the word HATE here) the changes he made but this is really too much. Do you think that Ewan will be there too? If we follow logic, he should be.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Beast
08-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh goodie. Another thread to go along with the others about the exact same topic. Note that Anakin only replaces Shaw as the Spirit Anakin. Shaw is still the person who is beneath Vader's helmet at the end of ROTJ. There is also a wealth of information about why this change was made. And no, Ewen is not replacing Alec Guiness. All that is happening is that Anakin is manifesting as a spirit as the good man that he once was. His force spirit basically died when he became Darth Vader, and was trapped in what ammounts to his corpse. Kept alive by the dark side, his hate, the Emperor's will, and his life support system. It's no different then if you consider a spirit manifesting after being trapped in a comatose body for 20 years. One would think that a spirit no longer bound by the crude matter of the flesh, would manifest in a form before their 20 years of physical suffering. "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Holy crap, where have all the moderators gone? There are three threads about this change now, and many in the OTC section about all the same things. This is getting ridiculous!

Turambar
08-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Oh goodie. Another thread to go along with the others about the exact same topic. Note that Anakin only replaces Shaw as the Spirit Anakin. Shaw is still the person who is beneath Vader's helmet at the end of ROTJ. There is also a wealth of information about why this change was made. And no, Ewen is not replacing Alec Guiness. All that is happening is that Anakin is manifesting as a spirit as the good man that he once was. His force spirit basically died when he became Darth Vader, and was trapped in what ammounts to his corpse. Kept alive by the dark side, his hate, the Emperor's will, and his life support system. It's no different then if you consider a spirit manifesting after being trapped in a comatose body for 20 years. One would think that a spirit no longer bound by the crude matter of the flesh, would manifest in a form before their 20 years of physical suffering. "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, isn't this the 3rd different thread about the same topic?
Anakin turned to the good side right before he died. So it would make sense for the spirit to be Shaw representing him. Otherwise, you would have to dig a long way to find a "good" Anakin. Since Anakin began slipping away at the time of AOTC (if not before -- we don't know), using the E3 aged Anakin would be incorrect. GL should have used a teenager somewhere between Jake Lloyd & Hayden's age representing the age before Anakin began slipping to the dark side as he does in AOTC if he meant for the spirit to represent the "good" Anakin.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the stuff about comas and the yoda quote, but if a spirit is supposed to represent the jedi before they were exposed to prolonged suffering, then it would make more sense to use Ewan as Obi-Wan and a younger version of Yoda. They both had to go through quite a few years of hell that most likely affected their pretty looks for the worse. In the spirit world it just wouldn't be fair for Anakin to get to be a pretty boy spirit while his peers that held the true path have to be hagard and old in the afterlife.
If anything, Anakin's spirit should parallel Jacob Marley from a christmas carol: scars, maybe some chains to drag around to let people know not to do as he had done in life. But, I suppose that would only work if he didn't turn back to the light at the very end. Since GL was trying to show the redemption theme, it makes most sense for Anakin's spirit to resemble the old man portrayed by Shaw who took his final breaths after being saved by his son.

Bosskman
08-13-2004, 06:29 AM
It was the young anakin who went bad and the old anakin who turned good at the end. This whole thing is just some moronic OT/PT fatlucas connection that makes no sense at all. Blubberlucas is a moron.

vadersvette
08-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Deja vu again and again and again!!!!! *closes his eyes and pushes the 'back' button* :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

JEDIpartner
08-16-2004, 09:24 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! :eek:

Elliejabbapop
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Ok people calm down, I was just saying it has been confirmed, although I still hope it's not true:cry: :cry: :cry:

Master Plo- Koon
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Its true, I saw a video clip from ROTJ on some site, and it shows Hayden as Anakin in Spirit form, I'll try and find the link for you guys.

jedi master sal
08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
doh had the wrong link.

nothing to see here, move along, move along...

Beast
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
It was confirmed a long time ago, in the massive multipage thread discussing the DVD's and another thread or two in the Classic Trilogy section. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-19-2004, 10:13 AM
I like it when people arrive at the party too late to know what's going on. :p

We still like you, Eli...!

stillakid
08-19-2004, 10:49 AM
All that is happening is that Anakin is manifesting as a spirit as the good man that he once was.

Except that the "Hayden" version of Anakin was never "the good man that he was" which debunks that silly theory of yours. "Hayden" version was an arrogant blue-balled crybaby with no self-esteem. The only "good man that he was" version of Anakin that we have (that would be recognizable as a spirit) is "Jake" version. George kinda forgot to include a "good man that he was" version in a larger package than "Jake." Oops! :sur:

2-1B
08-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Hayd-akin certainly was a good man. He fought to save Padme as well as other Jedi and let's not forget about how he defended the honor of his mother. ;)

billfremore
08-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes he did, and so what if he had a little fit and slaughtered a whole tribe of Tuskens, he was a little cranky that day. Happens to the best of us. :D

I'm sure somewhere off camera he was saving kittens and puppies.

stillakid
08-20-2004, 12:38 AM
Hayd-akin certainly was a good man. He fought to save Padme as well as other Jedi and let's not forget about how he defended the honor of his mother. ;)

Um, yeah, I suppose. But in the context of "the good man who was your father was destroyed" doesn't really jive with the overall "image" of Hayd-akin that we get from AOTC. If Hayd-akin is what Old Ben was referring to when he was talking to Luke, it would be more accurate to alter the OT dialogue to something like, "the bipolar confused brat who felt a sense of unearned entitlement was destroyed to make way for the single-minded and ultra-cool supervillain he is now." ;)

Slicker
08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
And the Episode III spoiler in all of this would be where exactly?

2-1B
08-20-2004, 01:12 PM
stillakid, you're pretty arrogant but I still think you're a good man. :D :D :D

Yes he did, and so what if he had a little fit and slaughtered a whole tribe of Tuskens, he was a little cranky that day. Happens to the best of us. :D

I would have liked to do the same. ;)

stillakid
08-20-2004, 01:45 PM

See, this is the kind of example that gets to me the most. The "well, it happens in real life so what's the problem with it happening in a movie?" I'll tell you what. Let's say you're watching a random movie tomorrow and sometime during the 2 hours the main character sneezes. Now, it seems more than logical to assume that the actor, director, and writer all had something very specific in mind when they had that character do that action. Sure, people sneeze in real life, but to include something like that in a movie isn't just a random willy nilly act of "normal life." A good movie will only include actions and words which MEAN SOMETHING in regard to the entire storyline. Chances are, if the actor just happened to sneeze during a take and it wasn't intentional (per the director or the writer) then they'd simply do another take. Sneezes do happen, but they don't happen in movies unless they mean something specific.

So to suggest that Hayd-akin would just slaughter Sandpeople because it was a normal reaction that anyone would have and it means nothing more than that really demeans the intentions of the filmmakers. Of course the irony in this example is that Lucas deserves to be demeaned for his latest efforts but the point still stands. Characters don't just do random stuff in their onscreen time which doesn't mean anything and to suggest that it is okay to have randomness onscreen just because such things occur in real life is contradictory toward the point of telling stories. Even in films which purport to tell a "slice of life" story in which seemingly random acts occur, those random acts still usually do have a point (or should if the film is any good).

Turambar
08-22-2004, 12:25 AM

A sudden outburst of anger would probably be considered normal. Slaughter in defense could probably be justified. Anakin, though, predetermined to kill those people/creatures before he left the hut. That's murder in the first degree. He took however long it was necessary to slice through the men before hunting out the women and children (did he leave the dogs alive?). That is not a sudden outburst. That is psychopathic. Even if he'd only murdered the men, we could have felt better about the situation, and his turn might have some aspect of tragedy. Instead we see a little whiny twerp get mad and decapitate dozens of people of whom some could be considered innocent.
Even more bizarre, when he tells his girlfriend who loves him for reasons unknown to the viewer, she is okay with it! Anakin: "Honey, my mom died. Oh, by the way, I held a few people responsible, so I killed them. I actually couldn't be sure who was responsible since they all look the same to me, so I wiped all of the warriors out. Then, I enjoyed killing so much that I found the women and murdered them, too! That was such great fun that I decided I'd slice up all the children as well!"
Padme: "That's what I love about you, you're so unpredictable!"
Even if the tuskens were considered animals, you don't just go and slaughter a bunch of dogs when you have a bad day.

From the Trilogy we were told about a great man whose fall to evil was tragic. Here we see a bipolar, immature brat becoming a psychopath, too. There's nothing tragic about it since he never amounted to greatness of any kind. If anything, it's just sick.

Mr Fett
08-22-2004, 12:45 AM
A sudden outburst of anger would probably be considered normal. Slaughter in defense could probably be justified. Anakin, though, predetermined to kill those people/creatures before he left the hut. That's murder in the first degree. He took however long it was necessary to slice through the men before hunting out the women and children (did he leave the dogs alive?). That is not a sudden outburst. That is psychopathic. Even if he'd only murdered the men, we could have felt better about the situation, and his turn might have some aspect of tragedy. Instead we see a little whiny twerp get mad and decapitate dozens of people of whom some could be considered innocent.
Even more bizarre, when he tells his girlfriend who loves him for reasons unknown to the viewer, she is okay with it! Anakin: "Honey, my mom died. Oh, by the way, I held a few people responsible, so I killed them. I actually couldn't be sure who was responsible since they all look the same to me, so I wiped all of the warriors out. Then, I enjoyed killing so much that I found the women and murdered them, too! That was such great fun that I decided I'd slice up all the children as well!"
Padme: "That's what I love about you, you're so unpredictable!"
Even if the tuskens were considered animals, you don't just go and slaughter a bunch of dogs when you have a bad day.

From the Trilogy we were told about a great man whose fall to evil was tragic. Here we see a bipolar, immature brat becoming a psychopath, too. There's nothing tragic about it since he never amounted to greatness of any kind. If anything, it's just sick.Dude That's Deep:sur:

CropDuster
08-22-2004, 12:53 AM

When people have little fits of that nature, depending on where they are, they will either fry in an electric chair, die of lethal injection, or spend the rest of their life being someone's b*tch (Ani might fit right into that role).

2-1B
08-22-2004, 02:25 PM
The women deserved to die because they aided the men. :evil:

The children, yeah they were innocent at the time but had Ani not killed them, too, well then Luke might have faced more of them and not been so lucky. Basically, Anakin was the set up man for Obi-Wan who only had to scare off a few of them with a Krayt Dragon call. :D

Elliejabbapop
08-31-2004, 04:49 AM
I've just come back from my holidays and I'm already tired of stupid people so let me say this one last time for all the a**holes:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: picking on me: I already knew about the Rotj ending long before I posted the thread but whereas before it was a rumor to be confirmed, I posted a thread later after it had officially been confirmed to say it had. If you still find this hard to understand, get a new brain or start living for a change.

MASTER_JEDI
08-31-2004, 07:01 AM
I've just come back from my holidays and I'm already tired of stupid people so let me say this one last time for all the a__holes:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: picking on me: I already knew about the Rotj ending long before I posted the thread but whereas before it was a rumor to be confirmed, I posted a thread later after it had officially been confirmed to say it had. If you still find this hard to understand, get a new brain or start living for a change.

I hope your no older then 12 or 13, because if your an adult, it's sad to see such a childish outburst from a grown man.

Elliejabbapop
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Honey, I'm old enough to understand your sexist orientation; I happen to be a "grown woman" who's just come back from a devastating journey and two days straight with no food and finds sarcastic comments. Maybe you expect an "outburst" from a grown woman (if you know what the word means) but not from a "grown man", as you probably presume to be yourself. I think, mr. "wise-man", you need to take vocabulary lessons and learn the difference between childish and tired or bored of such stupidity and sarcasm.:bored: :frus: :zzz:
I really want to apologise to the people who weren't so unbarebly offended by me posting this thread and have nothing to do with this discussion but I just can't take this right now.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Just a friendly bit of advice...in the forum rules we are not supposed to use any "bad" language in our posts (you could go back and edit it), so you'll probably get some flack for that. Otherwise, sorry to hear you had a bad vacation! :(

Elliejabbapop
08-31-2004, 02:53 PM
Thank you for being so understanding. Please "educate" me: in my last post what could be considered as bad language? I can't see any specific words except the "a" one in my previous post.:confused:

MASTER_JEDI
08-31-2004, 05:29 PM
Honey, I'm old enough to understand your sexist orientation; I happen to be a "grown woman" who's just come back from a devastating journey and two days straight with no food and finds sarcastic comments. Maybe you expect an "outburst" from a grown woman (if you know what the word means) but not from a "grown man", as you probably presume to be yourself. I think, mr. "wise-man", you need to take vocabulary lessons and learn the difference between childish and tired or bored of such stupidity and sarcasm.:bored: :frus: :zzz:
I really want to apologise to the people who weren't so unbarebly offended by me posting this thread and have nothing to do with this discussion but I just can't take this right now.

Well SUGAR, since you are an adult, I'm glade you said you where sorry:). We all have bad days..

vadersvette
08-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Yay! Everyone is happy again!!! :D :D :D :crazed:

Elliejabbapop
09-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Well SUGAR, since you are an adult, I'm glade you said you where sorry:). We all have bad days..
Jeez, so we have a truce?:) Just like in SW universe eh?:D
ps. loved the "sugar" bitlol

JediTricks
09-02-2004, 09:00 PM
The "a one" it is, and I've edited the post (and those that quoted it, thanks so much gang :p) to conform with site rules. Since the forums are all-ages, the forums rules keep the naughty language at pre-primetime TV levels, people posting work-arounds of that generally get suspended for a day or 2, but as head moderator I would prefer not to see that happen. Hopefully everything will be cool now about that.

Elliejabbapop
09-03-2004, 03:49 AM
Thank you for not kicking me out:D