PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Luke: what the heck, is Mark Hamill four-and-a-half feet tall!?

AmanaMatt
08-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Ok, I scored a VOTC Luke to open and was shocked to see he is over a head shorter looking than the Han and Ben figs. Seriously, Vader looks like Chewbacca next to him!

My Commtech Leia is even taller - I know Hamill was short, but this short? The figure looks really out of scale.

Aside from Vader, Han, Chewie, Fett, and the Stormtrooper figs, VOTC is better left of the card, IMO.

jedi master sal
08-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Carrie Fisher is like 5' 1or2"
Mark Hamill is 5' 7or8"
Harrison Ford is 6' 2"

So the size of the figures are a closer representation to the actual actors size. I think the Chewie VOTC is like 5 inches tall! That's HUGE, especially when compared to Leia.

AmanaMatt
08-14-2004, 09:33 PM
The VOTC Luke seems real short - I dunno. He is almost a head shorter than the new Degobah Luke.

JediTricks
08-15-2004, 09:52 PM
VOTC Leia is 8.4cm tall, the same height as POTJ Leia Bespin though she has bent legs. In scale, that's about 4" shorter than Leia is supposed to be, so it is a noticable difference but not a major one (though having her look 4'9" instead of 5'1" is a fairly big deal I suppose). I haven't found Luke yet, but I suspect the same thing will happen, he'll be about 4 scale inches too short, but for him that's a big deal since we'd be talking about the difference between 5'9" and 5'5".