PDA

View Full Version : Undead

Hellboy
08-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Looks like the Australian zombie-horror flick 'Undead' is finally going to be released in the states. Here is a brief synopsis for those who haven't already heard about this film.

Peaceful, rustic Berkeley is a charming fishing community where life is sweet and the people are friendly. All that is about to change. After losing her childhood farm to the bank, local beauty Rene decides to leave town and head for the big city. Suddenly an avalanche of meteorites races through the sky, bombarding the town and bringing an otherworldly infection. Departing is going to be much more difficult than she had planned. The living dead are awakened and Rene is now caught in a nightmare of zombies hungry for human flesh. She manages to find salvation in a small isolated farm house owned by the town looney, Marion. There she is met with four other desperate survivors. Together they battle their way through a plague of walking dead and discover there is more transpiring than just an infection.

The trailer is now up at the official site and the film should be released sometime in the second quarter of 2005. Follow the link for the trailer.

http://www.undeadmovie.com/

If you don't want to use QuickTime you can also see it at The Movie Box here.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/STUVWXYZ/Undead/trailer-page.html

mrpauldeeds
08-15-2004, 01:52 AM
yawn.....................

mrpauldeeds
08-15-2004, 01:54 AM
ummmmmmm.....looks like dawn of the dead mixed in with cabin fever. looks like i will be passing this one up. D- on originality. 28 days later was good, but after dawn of the dead, house of the dead and cabin fever, this whole zombie craze is getting old. sorry hellboy, just looks horrible.:ermm:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2004, 12:42 PM
according to BD: well, we can rejoice fellow zombie fans for "Undead" has FINALLY gotten a release date: July 1st, 2005. Lions gate had to do some tweaking on the film such as do a whole new score, as i heard the orignial score was beyond awful. However, i am happy that this flick is getting released in the states as i've heard nothign but awesome reviews for it. Cheers!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-13-2005, 01:31 AM
alright, this came out on video on tuesday and i rented and watched it tonight. Overall: i really loved the flick, but it didn't deliver as much zombie deliciousness that i had hoped it would. Don't get me wrong, there were zombies and the gore it did have was insane, but overall, the zombie factor wasn't what i had hoped. I won't dive into it much as i hope we can discuss it when others ahve seen it, but it's a definite purchase for me. That cop with the thick accent is great and the ending will blow your mind. :thumbsup: check it out!

2-1B
10-13-2005, 01:33 AM
I'll definitely check it out !

Is it better than Zombi 3 ? I hope ? lol

Hellboy
10-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I was really disappointed in this film. Not that I expected much in the first place but it was way to over the top for my tastes. It had some funny scenes here and there and a few original moments but for the most part it felt like every zombie movie cliche was just thrown into the mix and after a while it just gets boring. I will admit I was rather impressed with the look of the film though. The zombies look great and the special effects in general were definitely above average especially for a low budget film. If they only had a better script this may have turned out differently but as it is it's only good for a rental at best IMO.