PDA

View Full Version : VOTC 12" box variation?

JEDIpartner
08-16-2004, 03:44 PM
I spotted a new shipment of 12" VOTCs at a local Kmart. One of the Luke boxes had a diagonal piece of tape holding the box closed. It was placed in the upper right-hand corner of the box. It was not on any of the other boxes. The piece of "tape" was basically the "Star Wars" logo with the double bar motif extending from the logo to the back of the box on both sides of the logo.

I thought it was interesting to note as one would have to cut this tape in order to get into the box.

IMFETTUP
08-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Jedi, I've been reading the same thing. Apparently the first productions of this series have a "Star Wars" tape on the upper right corner (left if you are looking at it). I've not seen any personally, though.

JEDIpartner
08-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Interesting change!!! Thanks for clarifying which came first.

TheDarthVader
08-16-2004, 09:18 PM
This is a true variation. If I were you, I'd buy it. If you don't want it, buy it and I will buy it from you plus shipping to TX. These with the "Star Wars" tape in the upper left corner are first production 12" figures. Did you see a Boba Fett or Stormtrooper with the same tape? If so, I'd buy them if I were you. If you don't want a set of them, I do! PM me. Thanks.

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
08-17-2004, 11:28 AM
You have message. :)