PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living Dead - Barbara's Zombie Chronicles

2-1B
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm not really into Comics but while at Wizard World I noticed a booth for Dead Dog comics and they were selling this new comic. It looks to be a 3 part story (?) or at least 3 are planned for now. I figured I would give it a try for $5 and overall . . . it's alright. It picks up 5 years after NOTLD so it's set around 1973 and Barbara is living in a survivor camp which reminds me of the conceptual ideas for the above ground camps which Romero didn't get around to using for Day of the Dead. There is a core group of characters introduced and in one scene they head into town for supplies using a bus which vaguely reminded me of the bus in Dawn of the Dead 2003 minus the chainsaw slots on the side.

Like I said, it's alright and I might be interested in following the series if I can find the next ones. They get into the science of the radioactive satellite and how it affected the Dead's hypothalamus and fibermyalgia. There are a few flashbacks of Barbara's experience in the original movie so that's cool.

Of course, Romero had nothing to do with this as far as I know (nor Russo for that matter) but since the original NOTLD is public domain, heck even I could do my own comic for it. :D

Droid
08-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Didn't Barbara DIE in the ORIGINAL movie?

2-1B
08-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Not according to Dead Dog. :D

Well, in the remake she survived BUT in this comic she has a flashback to when she found out that Ben didn't survive . . . and of course, in the remake she KNEW that Ben didn't survive because she was there when he zombied his way out the basement door. :D

Meh, in the film it's spelled Barbra yet the comic spells it Barbara. :crazed: