PDA

View Full Version : New File sharing?

The 'Xir
08-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Anyone use or come upon any new and free music file sharing sites like Kaza or Limewire!
I don't like Kaza anymore because of all the pop-ups and corrupted files and they're really not free anymore, and I've never really liked Limewires setup, it's not as user friendly as other sites! With the govt's crackdown on filesharing, I didn't know if maybe any new underground sites have poped up? so what's out there? ThanX!

mrpauldeeds
08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
i use Warez

www.warez.com (http://www.warez.com)

Slicker
08-18-2004, 11:22 AM
My personal favorite is WinMX

http://winmx.com/

Bacta Beast
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
MinMX for me also!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2004, 11:46 AM
The problem with WinMX is, you really have to be careful about what you download (I suppose the same could be said for any file-sharing software). My friend told me that he got Flash MX (cartoon maker) from WinMX, so I tried it. Unfortunately it was just a virus called Flash MX, with a folder full of applications that also held viruses that would be sent to anyone through WinMX who downloaded them. They all had different names that people would want to check out.

So anyway, just stay away from the applications.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-26-2004, 12:39 AM
With the govt's crackdown on filesharing

Damn' government, won't let us common folk steal songs in peace! :mad:

Seriously, I too have avoided Kazaa lately. When it said it would take over 2 hours to download "Oh Sherry" by Steve Perry, I just said the heck with it. Luckily, there are very few songs out there I really want to rip, so I'll just have to get by without them.

mm74md
08-26-2004, 01:31 PM
With the govt's crackdown on filesharing, I didn't know if maybe any new underground sites have poped up? so what's out there? ThanX!

Try USENET newsgroups. This is where I always go to get an odd song or listen to a CD before I lay down $14 for one. There is no way the government can stop these

alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.bootlegs
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie

etc, etc, etc

mm74md
08-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Please note that these aren't websites, but newsgroup servers. You'll need a little technical knowledge to use newsgroups & the binaries in the messages. There are websites that do all the work for you, but these cost $$$ which is what I see as piracy.

darthvyn
08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
i don't have any problem with limewire, after i install i just do a sweep with adaware and spybot S&D. no problem!

The 'Xir
08-31-2004, 12:36 PM
ThanX for all the hints! Still don't know what I'm gonna do, but these suggestions definitely help!! ThanX Again! :)