PDA

View Full Version : TWO new Han Solos? What's the deal?

Mace Windex
08-17-2004, 10:09 PM
I've been out of the scene for a while so don't bash me if this has already been asked. ;) Does anyone know why we have two versions of the same Han SOlo for the Trilogy collection? I saw one that was a totally new sculpt with that funky ball and socket head. This one came on an unpunched card in a plastic protector. The other Han solo featured the same "look" but was an older casting of the figure on a card without the plastic protector. Is this something new? Is Hasbro releasing all the figs in two versions? If so, which ones? Details, details... :D

Mace

Gonk 1979
08-17-2004, 10:40 PM
I've been out of the scene for a while so don't bash me if this has already been asked. ;) Does anyone know why we have two versions of the same Han SOlo for the Trilogy collection? I saw one that was a totally new sculpt with that funky ball and socket head. This one came on an unpunched card in a plastic protector. The other Han solo featured the same "look" but was an older casting of the figure on a card without the plastic protector. Is this something new? Is Hasbro releasing all the figs in two versions? If so, which ones? Details, details... :D

Mace

...they are not NEARLY the same, as one is part of the new Vintage Original Trilogy Collection and is of superior quality. This is the one in the plastic case going for $10. It has 14 points of articulation and is inspired by the vintage figures of the 70's. The other one you saw, going for the regular $5, is a rerelease of a previous Han figure. They are NO WHERE near the same - some have called the VOTC Han the best figure in the whole Star Wars line. The VOTC version has 14 points of articulation, whereas the other one, the Original Trilogy Collection (or OTC) only have like 6. There are 12 figures in the VOTC line, four from each movie, and they are very popular among collectors now. The others, the OTC, are pretty much just rehashes of figures on a new card.