PDA

View Full Version : Concept Trooper's lightsaber blade is the most movie-accurate

JediTricks
08-18-2004, 12:07 AM
I never really gave the Concept Stormtrooper's saber that much thought, I like its concepty look, I hope McQuarrie is honored by this figure and its accessories all homages to his design, and I thought the glow in the dark feature shouldn't have turned green ;) but the other day I was walking by it sitting on my shelf and noticed just how movie-accurate the design of this saber's blade is. The white g.i.t.d. core around the blue sleeve makes it the most accurate lightsaber blade we've ever gotten because the center is white while the outside edge from any angle is translucent blue just like in the films. All the other lightsaber accessories have just 1 color so the center is generally the same hue as the outer edge or at best a little darker, but this Concept Trooper's saber is much more accurate and something I never thought the toys would be able to reproduce. Granted, in the dark it's still a green stick, but I don't mind because in the light it just looks keen.

Slicker
08-18-2004, 12:18 PM
I still don't have the Concept Stormtrooper. It's one of the very few figures that I just haven't been able to get my hands on and haven't wanted to spend $30 on. I never knew the blade was glow-in the dark which is actually a feature that all of the lightsabers should have now that I think of it. If anyone can help with finding a cheap Concept Stormy reply back please.