PDA

View Full Version : WOTC's SW Miniatures

mastermatt24
08-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey people.. Are any of you guys going to collect the SW Miniatures that are coming out? After I saw that pic I got hooked... (http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&opt=enlarge&id=30519)
I think these look really good and I will defenitly be buying these. Just a couple of questions though for anyone who might know: Are these going to be sold like those hero clicks things? and.. how much are they going to be?
Thanks

B'Omarr Monkey
08-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm on the fence about those. I've pretty much whittled my collecting to the 3 3/4" line (including vehicles and playsets).

To be honest I think the execution on these is a bit disappointing. So, it really depends on how these are made available and what the price for them will be. If they come in sets for $10 or so with no chase characters, I may do it. My interest stems from the likelihood that we'll see more of the obscure background characters in these small scale sets, that we will in the 3 3/4" line.

If these are going to be offered like the hero clicks, then I'm staying away from them. It's just one more thing I don't want to be spending my time hunting all over the place for, especially if there are going to be chase figures.

Ji'dai
08-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Hmm.. some of them look like the toys you get out of a quarter vending machine. If these figurines were like the old Action Masters die cast ones I'd probably buy them.

gsr-jedi
08-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I would assume since WOTC is making this as a game similar to Heroclix, then they'll be available in the same manner. So I'm guessing a $20 starter pack with about 4 figures, then booster packs of 4 for around $8, booster packs of 2 for around $4. There'll probably be set up in a common/uncommon/rare style, so some will be rare. Of course, they'll be blind packaged so you won't know who you're getting.

But I may be wrong, cause some figures like the Wampa & Jabba would be too big to fit in the Heroclix box. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyone know when these come out?

mastermatt24
08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Im pretty sure they come out in september. (I saw a preorder case on ebay and they said it ships early september)
If you guys do collect these would you want to trade your doubles?

DGFD
08-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I am definetly going to be collecting these miniatures and I would be happy to do trading with you becuase I do plan on buying the whole set. So far I have all of the promotional mini's except the Gen Con Wookiee Soldier which I am still trying to track down.

Now to answer some of your questions:

The official release date of the star wars miniatures line is September 3rd.

The starter set comes with 10 miniature figures. It has 8 random figures plus an exclusive darth vader and Luke Skywalker.

The starter set will retail for $19.99.

Each booster pack will contain 7 miniatures (1 rare or very rare, 2 uncommon, and 4 common) and will retail for $12.99.

Hope this helps!

dindae
08-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I already started collecting with the San Diegp promo fig. There are super rare, rare, uncommon, and common figures but the promo figures will be no different except from the stamp on the bottom. There is no "click". All the stats are on a seperate card. This is supposedly set up just like the D&D game they put out.

There are 12 ultra rares (don't know these for sure but I think Jabba, Wampa, Probe droid)

Rares: Princess Leia Senator, Dengar, IG-88, Lando Calrissian, Greedo, Bossk, 4-Lom, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker Rebel, Darth Vader Dark Jedi, General Veers, Grand Moff Tarkin, Mara Jade Emperor's Hand, R2-D2, C-3PO

Commons: Twi'lek Scoundrel, Tusken Raider, Mon Calamari Mercenary, Jawa, Ewok, Bespin Guard, Wookie Soldier, Rebel Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Rebel Pilot, Hoth Trooper, Elite Rebel Trooper, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper

Uncommons: Twi'lek Bodyguard, Quarren Assassin, Ithorian Scout, Elite Stormtrooper, Elite Snowtrooper, Rebel Officer, Rebel Commando, Elite Hoth Trooper, Bothan Spy, Stormtrooper Officer, Scout Trooper, Royal Guard, Imperial Officer, Heavy Stormtrooper, Gamorrean Guard, Duros Mercenary

mastermatt24
08-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Do you have a list of all of them?

dindae
08-30-2004, 01:05 PM
No but there are only 60 in the set so other than the rest of the 12 ultra rares that is the list as far as I know. The official site is worthless. There is a poster that is on ebay but I haven't been able to find one that I can see well. There is also the luke and vader that come in the starter set. I have seen a lot of misinformation on the booster packs. The box images I have seen show 7 random figures even though i've seen stores say 8 and even 6. I hope there is a guaranteed 1 rare per pack like in the Trading card game but I can't say for sure.

Samuel Windu
09-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Do you have a list of all of them?

Here we go :)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/setlistagallery

mastermatt24
09-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Holy cow. Now I want them even more.. :( I think they look REALLY good. I really like how there is such a wide variety characters. Again.. Would anyone want to trade???

dindae
09-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I would definately be up for trading. Unfortunately since the transmission on my car seems to be dead, I will be delaying the start of this collection until I can recoup from the damage. :cry:

DGFD
09-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Here are the extras I have after buying 4 boosters and a starter:

1x Elite Hoth Trooper #5
1x Rebel Trooper #18
1x Rebel Trooper #19
1x Wookie Soldier #20
1x Heavy Stormtrooper #28
1x Snowtrooper #35
1x Stormtrooper #37
1x Stormtrooper #38
3x Bespin Guard #41
1x Mon Calamari Mercenary #53

Here is what I still need:
1. Bothan Spy
2. C-3PO
3. Chewbacca
4. Commando on Speeder Bike
7. Han Solo
8. Hoth Trooper
9. Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
11. Obi-Wan Kenobi
12. Princess Leia, Captive
13. Princess Leia, Senator
14. R2-D2
16. Rebel Officer
17. Rebel Pilot
22. Darth Vader, Sith Lord
23. Elite Snowtrooper
25. Emperor Palpatine
26. General Veers
27. Grand Moff Tarkin
29. Imperial Officer
30. Mara Jade, Emperorís Hand
36. Stormtrooper
39. Stormtrooper Officer
40. Sandtrooper on Dewback
42. Boba Fett
43. Dengar
44. Duros Mercenary
47. Gamorrean Guard
48. IG-88
50. Jabba the Hutt
51. Jawa
55. Greedo
56. Bossk
57. Tuskin Raider
58. Twiílek Bodyguard
60. Wampa

All of the figures I have to offer come with their card but are out of their original bags. If you would like to trade, please let me know.

Sentinel18725
09-12-2004, 07:36 PM
If I'm correct, they don't have all six of the bounty hunters. I think that they only have four of them, maybe five. Can anyone confirm or deny this

DGFD
09-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Here is a link to the complete set list.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/setlista

Hope this helps!

dindae
09-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey DGFD,
Any pattern to the boosters? like 1 rare/ultra rare, 2 uncommon and the rest common.

DGFD
09-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Each booster pack contains either one rare or very rare, two uncommons and four commons.

Very rares can be found in about one of every three packs I believe. Not positive on that though.

dindae
09-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Cool that's what I thought.

Turbowars
09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
So where do you find these figures?

dindae
09-14-2004, 09:31 PM
The only retail place I have found them at are local comic stores. The starter sets were 19.95 and 12.95 for the boosters. I would suggest buying online but my girlfriend did pick me up the starter and three booster packs. She did well too I got Boba Fett and Luke very rares. :D I do like the fact that there is at least one rare per pack but if you get all of them you will have an enormous army of commons that no one will want.

Turbowars
09-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Questions for you guys. Is it better to buy more starters than boosters? If I buy 4 starters will I end up with 4 Lukes and 4 Vaders? Is there any Very rare in the starters or are they just in the boosters?

DGFD
09-19-2004, 08:32 PM
No. You will get the same 4 Lukes and Vaders and abunch of commons and a couple uncommons. Plus, they are more expensive and you will never have a chance to get any of the very rares that go for $20+. You can get the Luke/Vader from the starter for under $10 on e-bay.

Turbowars
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks, so would it be worth buying a booster case off e-bay for $99.00

dindae
09-20-2004, 07:35 AM
You will need one starter set to get that Luke and Vader however, plus the rules, map, etc if you have an urge to play.

mastermatt24
09-20-2004, 09:24 AM
if you have an urge to play.
Can you play by yourself?

dindae
09-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Can you play by yourself?
No, not unless you play both sides. It is easy to learn. ONce you get the main rules down like line of sight and who can fire at who.

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 06:43 PM
So, what do you guys say about a case of boosters for 99 bucks? Good deal or not?

jedi master sal
09-20-2004, 09:02 PM
That depends on how many booster packs are in a case. Doing the math, a normal booster cost $13 (I'm rounding), you would get 7 1/2 packs. Since you can't really split a booster in half let's say 7 packs. So if the case is 8 boosters or more, then you've got a decent deal.

Personally, I only bought 7 boosters and the one starter. After that I eBay'ed the rest. Most were very easy to come by. On the average I was able to get common and uncommon minis for 99 cents each. Rares go anywhere from $4 to 8 depending on character. For instance the bounty hunters, with exception to Boba I got for $4 a piece. To me this was alot better than buying many boosters in the hopes of finding what I want. Taking into consideration that you may get alot of doubles. Basically, I was able to get 3 rares for the price of one booster. Okay, so I may have been 4 minis down (7 in a pack), but I am 2 rares UP (only one comes in a bosster). Since they are harder to find, that's a good deal to me. Now the Very Rares on the other hand are adifferent story. I lucked out and got a couple for $7-8, but I did bite on a couple of them for a little more. Sure these will probably drop in price down the line, but I'm looking at the Clone Strike expansion coming out in November and I don't want to be trying to collecting both sets at the same time.

With all that said, I'm just three away from a complete set, and by this Sunday, I should have one more of those. One of the two left is fairly easy to get at a good price, I just haven't gone after it as much as the others.

If you guys haven't got these yet, I suggest checking out eBay. You can get a complete set of commons or uncommons for fairly cheap. Then you can focus on the rares and very rares. I really saved alot by doing this and I didn't have to run all over town to find them, which saving gas saved me even more money.

I do have extras to trade but since I'm only looking for two at this point and one is easy to get, that leaves my last one.

Here's my extras:
I have extras of:
#7 Han Solo
#13Princess Leia (Senator)
#14 R2-D2
#27Grand Moff Tarkin
#55 Bossk
#56 Greedo

These are all Rare minis.

I need only need:
#42***Boba Fett

I'll trade four of my rare's for Boba. Only niche is you must choose at least one of the extra bounty hunters I have, ie Bossk or Greedo. Boba MUST have his stat card. All of mine do, so that's only fair.

Anyone interested PM me and we'll work something out. I do prefer those who are local to me (Pittsburgh) but will at least consider it, if you are a longtime respectable poster here.

That's my 2 cents.
-Sal

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
There are 12 boosters in a case.

dindae
09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
That's a good deal then. www.gameoutfitter.com (http://www.gameoutfitter.com/Browse_dept_items.asp/categ_id/160/parent_ids/0,1,48/Name/Rebel_Storm_Boosters) is offering a simular deal.

jedi master sal
09-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Well then if you go by my analogy, your getting 4 1/2 booster "free". It's definitely a GREAT deal. If you get two cases, your chances of getting some of the Very Rare minis is high and you'll have a shot at getting most of the rares as well. Certainly you will complete your commons and uncommons, even in one case of boosters.

Shoot, I should have done that from the start!

Guess I know what I'll be doing when Clone Strike comes out in November.

That's a great way to save money. Besides, what you don't get in the way of rares and very rares, you can then splurge a little on eBay and not feel "guilty" about it.

This is definitely the way to go folks. I should have shopped around a bit more myself. Well, I guess I learned my lesson for the next set.

sicqnus
09-30-2004, 03:11 AM
I thought you should be pleased to see this first figure from the Clone Wars collection : The Picador on Orray.

jedi master sal
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Meaning no disrespect but I reported on this on 9/16. That as well as the second minifig to be revealed on 9/20.

You can go here for proof of both of those:
http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30605 and
http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30620 respectively.

Also, WOTC has revealed the third and fourth minifigs.

Go hear to see the third one (Weequay Mercenary):
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/clonestrikepreview3

and here for the fourth (Dwarf Spider Droid):
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/clonestrikepreview4

The Dwarf Spider droid is a "large" minifig taking up 4 squares. Like the Wampa or Dewback for instance.