PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Stormtrooper vs. Collector's Series - what's the difference?

tagmac
08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
I recently bought one of these, and now I'm having second thoughts. I pulled out my old Collector's Series version, and now I'm not even sure the helmet size is any different. Being that I haven't opened my VOTC version (in case I decide to return it), I'm having a tough time trying to see what major differences there are between the two, incluidng the weapon size. Can anyone who's opened theirs help me out? Thanks.

Ji'dai
08-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Galactic Hunter has a review of the 12" VOTC Stormtrooper:

http://www.galactichunter.com/reviews/votc12-stormtrooper.asp

derek
08-19-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm having a tough time trying to see what major differences there are between the two

the main difference is the bodies used on the figures. the old version has the crappy unarticulated "hall of fame" muscle body, where as the new version has the better articulated and smaller, shorter "classic collection" body.

the armor is smaller on the new version as is the gun.

this photo should easily show the differences:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3410&text=&imageid=11233&box=&shownew=

tagmac
08-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Kyle Katarn
08-19-2004, 08:38 PM
So that's the difference, I hadn't noticed that..thanks for that information. :D

Turbowars
08-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Man, there are other differences than those. The armor is definitely improved. Not only in size, but in accuracy. He has a canister and blaster holder on his belt. His boots are hard plastic and are articulated at the ankle. His hands and fingers are articulated as well. I think he's the best in the wave. Well that's until I customize Fett.

derek
08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
His boots are hard plastic and are articulated at the ankle.

does he have "shoe feet" or real feet with boots on?

the boba fett has the "shoe feet", which makes a body swap difficult. :mad:

ShinGodConvoy
08-20-2004, 06:16 PM
He has shoe feet.

derek
08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
He has shoe feet.

i wonder why hasbro is doing this?(shoe feet) what's next, all plastic figures?
:frus: ........or plastic shirts like with their 12 inch gi joe's? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 09:28 PM
I am pretty sure it's cheaper AND easier for the designers. I still don't like it though.

ShinGodConvoy
08-20-2004, 09:56 PM
I just bought the recent Obiwan, and he has no pants, just brown colored legs. But with the cloak, robe, shirt, belt and boots, I'm not disappointed.