PDA

View Full Version : When did Chewbacca Died

Mr Fett
08-19-2004, 04:59 PM
I heard that the big carpet dies in a book :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
tell me is not true it can be:cry:

Slicker
08-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes it is true. I can't remember what the name of the comic was but I think he died saving Han and Leia's kids if I'm not mistaken. Sorry to break you the bad news. But I'm not a fan of EU so he's still alive to me.

tubbybuster
08-19-2004, 06:19 PM
According to the books that followed the movies (New Jedi Order) Chewbacca died saving Anakin Solo as a moon was crashing into a planet. I'm personally bummed that they killed him off. It is an interesting series to read as I've read most of that series but still wish Chewie wasn't the one to go.

Rocketboy
08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
It happened in the book "Vector Prime" a few years ago.

But in my opinion...it's poodoo!
Chewie lives!

Mr Fett
08-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Can I still get those books?

Rocketboy
08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
It was only a couple of years ago. Pretty much any bookstore should have it in paperback. BTW, "Vector Prime" was also the first book in the massive "New Jedi Order" storyline.

gsr-jedi
08-21-2004, 06:19 PM
It was only a couple of years ago. Pretty much any bookstore should have it in paperback. BTW, "Vector Prime" was also the first book in the massive "New Jedi Order" storyline.

Yeah, it was the first. I was didn't know that the second book was actually the second book and found out that Chewie died that way. That sucked.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Yes it is true. I can't remember what the name of the comic was but I think he died saving Han and Leia's kids if I'm not mistaken. Sorry to break you the bad news. But I'm not a fan of EU so he's still alive to me.The comic you might be thinking of is the Chewbacca (creative name, eh? ;) ) limited series by Dark Horse (and later the trade paperback of all the issues). That comic series was a collection of reminiscences (sp?) by Chewie's friends and family on Kashyyk (sp?), but it was published after Vector Prime.

jjreason
08-22-2004, 01:06 PM
It was written in a very open-ended way. We don't actually see Chewie die, so it's not impossible that he somehow survived his that dire predicament. If it was up to me, I'd write him back in - but I've been reading Marvel comics for over 20 years, that kind of thing is commonplace for me. :D

Darth Cruel
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Chewbacca is my favorite character. I was dumbstruck when I heard they killed him. But in his death we can see his loyalty, nobility and heroic character. I don't think there is another character whose death could exemplify those traits more. I hope they do not cheapen the story by bringing him back to life like they did Elektra in the Marvel comic books. I WILL swear off all Expanded Universe if they do.

JimJamBonds
03-29-2006, 11:10 PM
It was written in a very open-ended way. We don't actually see Chewie die, so it's not impossible that he somehow survived his that dire predicament. If it was up to me, I'd write him back in - but I've been reading Marvel comics for over 20 years, that kind of thing is commonplace for me. :D

Sure he got out of there, just like Mr. Fett got out of the Sarlac Pit. :D