PDA

View Full Version : OTC Carrying Cases

mm74md
08-20-2004, 03:10 PM
2 Questions

1) Are these Wal Mart exclusives, or did I imagine reading that article somewhere?

2) Any estimated release dates?

The reason I ask is that I see some joker selling these for like $35 on eBay.

Ji'dai
08-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I saw both carry cases at Wal-Mart today, but I'm not sure if they are exclusives. Prices were about $22 each I believe.

IMFETTUP
08-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Apparently they are starting to show up. I read a post on another web site with someone stating that he had found a floor display with the carry cases at his local Wal-Mart. With most Wal-Marts completing their resets, I'll bet we will see these carry cases soon. Does anyone know if the two figures that come with the cases are different sculpts?

Gonk 1979
08-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Apparently they are starting to show up. I read a post on another web site with someone stating that he had found a floor display with the carry cases at his local Wal-Mart. With most Wal-Marts completing their resets, I'll bet we will see these carry cases soon. Does anyone know if the two figures that come with the cases are different sculpts?

I saw these are the Georgetown, TX Wal-Mart, and they were in a floor stand. Apparently, the other half of the floor stand, the one with the OTC and Galactic Heroes, was ripped off probably by employees so that they could both serve as endcaps. The carrying case with Vader had a Commtech/OTC Stormie and I think a Carkoon Fett. The OTC standee had a lot of handstand Lukes so look out for them...

Kidhuman
08-20-2004, 05:53 PM
They are exclusives.

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 09:12 PM
I also saw these, reported on 'em yesterday in the news. The 2 figs in the 3PO case are CTC Han (again) and I think Flashback Chewie without the snow paint (as seen in one of the TRU 4packs). The Vader case has Saga Boba Fett (without flames) and the Stormtrooper with bent arms (POTJ Sandtrooper w/out pauldron & dirty paint, as seen in another of the TRU 4packs).

AmanaMatt
08-20-2004, 11:30 PM
If they only vac-metallized the C-3PO one, I would have gotten that; as it stands, this is just as ugly as when Hasbro sold it to us last time - the Vader is cool, though.

Turbowars
08-22-2004, 10:27 AM
I guess they are good for the kiddies, but don't see these flying off the racks. Maybe if there was an exclusive figure, but then they probably would just be ripped off the box.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2004, 11:11 AM
I also saw these, reported on 'em yesterday in the news. The 2 figs in the 3PO case are CTC Han (again) and I think Flashback Chewie without the snow paint (as seen in one of the TRU 4packs). The Vader case has Saga Boba Fett (without flames) and the Stormtrooper with bent arms (POTJ Sandtrooper w/out pauldron & dirty paint, as seen in another of the TRU 4packs).
I thought the Chewie was the POTJ/HOF/OTC version, the Millennium Falcon Mechanic one? It would seem silly to release such a short Chewbacca as you said. On Hasbro's site they said that there would me more figures later, I'm hoping for the OTC C-3PO (my old one is molting) and R2-D2 (I don't want to buy the carded clean one).

Ji'dai
08-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I thought the Chewie was the POTJ/HOF/OTC version, the Millennium Falcon Mechanic one? It would seem silly to release such a short Chewbacca as you said. On Hasbro's site they said that there would me more figures later, I'm hoping for the OTC C-3PO (my old one is molting) and R2-D2 (I don't want to buy the carded clean one).
Yeah, the OTC Chewie is a re-release of the POTJ/HOF one. The OTC version comes with a bowcaster and stand, along with the welding goggles & torch.

I'd like to see another POTJ R2 with carbon scoring too. I apparently never picked him up.

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Sorry about the mistake JabbaJohn, I gave it barely even a cursory look and a friend of mine confirmed my guess in email when I told him about these.

Lazer Brain
08-25-2004, 08:49 AM
yeah, i saw these yesterday at walmart , i pick up a c3po case just because it was packaged wrong , it had 2 hans insted of the han/chewy. if anyone is interestedpm me.
later

dindae
08-25-2004, 09:25 AM
TWO Commtech Hans ewww. ;)

Samuel Windu
08-29-2004, 11:25 AM
yeah, i saw these yesterday at walmart , i pick up a c3po case just because it was packaged wrong , it had 2 hans insted of the han/chewy. if anyone is interestedpm me.
later

Why not 2 Chewie? :D

Reefer Shark
08-29-2004, 01:49 PM
I picked up a Vader one yesterday just to get the nice little compact sealed Fett & Stormy. I think they look kinda neat like that. I'll see if I can fit 'em both in a star case or something.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the case though. I suppose I could throw all my loose Vaders in there or something...

Slicker
08-29-2004, 04:44 PM
At least they picked some well sculpted figures to put in the case. I myself would prefer if they would put the iconic figures in them (i.e Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, 3PO, etc.). I know the one case has a couple of these but I'm sick of them constantly throwing a Fett into every exclusive. He's overrated.

Ji'dai
08-29-2004, 04:57 PM
I was surprised that the Stormtrooper's Imperial Blaster was one of the larger POTF2-era ones. The newer blasters have been much smaller.

Kidhuman
08-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks Reefer, I was wondering what the figs looked like packaged.

Reefer Shark
08-30-2004, 09:25 PM
No problem KH :smoker:

Mandalorian Candidat
09-08-2004, 12:39 PM
I finally found these at my local WM (they are soooo slow at getting in anything new). I'm probably going to get the Vader over the Threepio more for the way the figures are situated (Vader has them standing up, Threepio has them on their sides) even though I have a vintage Vader case.

I noticed that they come with the stickers like the old Vader case had but they all seem to be OTC-geared. Does anyone know if they include a sticker for every OTC figure scheduled to be released or does it end at #30 (since the case holds 30 figures)? Also, does that little weapons locker door shut better than the vintage model or is it still that single peg that keeps it shut?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I noticed that they come with the stickers like the old Vader case had but they all seem to be OTC-geared. Does anyone know if they include a sticker for every OTC figure scheduled to be released or does it end at #30 (since the case holds 30 figures)? Also, does that little weapons locker door shut better than the vintage model or is it still that single peg that keeps it shut?

Both cases have stickers for OTC figures #1-#38. I don't have the vintage Vader case to compare, but the weapons door on this one is part of plastic bar that goes over that row of figures. You can open just the door, and that part has one peg. It seems to stay closed well, for now anyway.

karinations
09-12-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't like how BOTH cases have stickers for the same figures.
I mean sure they have 38 ( and each case holds 31?) but you're still going to have some overlap.
I guess there was no other way to do it though.
And of all the extra figures to pack in the Com-Tech Solo?
Is there even a non-SW figure collector on the planet that doesn't have this one already?
My mom has two.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

RobertDD
10-02-2004, 04:32 PM
I picked up the C-3po. However, I was very dismayed to see that the black plastic part that has the weapons door on it was not included in the case. They all seem to have that part missing. Is there anyone that was able to pick up a 3po case with that part in it?

Nickuss
10-13-2004, 10:56 AM
I purchased the 3PO case and noticed the same part missing. Since it is shown on the back, I returned it to a different Wal-mart and got a new one. When I opened it up, the new one was also missing this piece. I compared it to my old 3PO case and the figure compartments are set up a little differently, so that the the piece from the old case does not fit in the new one. What I don't understand is that there are obviously holes to accomodate some sort of piece. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

LusiferSam
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
I don't like how BOTH cases have stickers for the same figures.
I mean sure they have 38 ( and each case holds 31?) but you're still going to have some overlap.
The vintage Vader case holds 31 and the C-3PO case holds 40. I'm assuming that Hasbro hasn't changed any on the insides this time (i.e. no voice box), so the numbers should be the same as the vintage cases.

Ric Olie
10-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Won't later waves of the case feature different figures? I remember reading that somewhere.

Kidhuman
10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
They are post OTC figures. Very similar to the Saga line but on OTC style cards. I guess you could put them in the cases.

JediTricks
10-15-2004, 03:58 AM
Won't later waves of the case feature different figures? I remember reading that somewhere.
That is what Hasbro said, that they'd be rotating different figures into these cases as they kept shipping, but it looks like WM isn't ordering more of these, so I suspect we won't be seeing any more figures. But who knows, maybe they're just sitting on more cases as we speak.