PDA

View Full Version : VOTC being discounted....

Gonk 1979
08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
....I think this is the first time I've heard of anyone seeing the VOTC discounted from their $9.99. While it's not much, our Killeen, TX. Target had the red sticker on all VOTC in stock (Ben and Han) for $8.83. Again, that's not much, but if you're holding out you may want to even further because it looks like these are on the discount fastrack.

IMFETTUP
08-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Um. good information. I recently found out that my Target has picked up a few more employees that are collectors. What this means to me is that they will know precisely when the figures will hit rock bottom prices. It is not usual, even as active as I am with the toy hunt, to beat these people to the deals.

JediTricks
08-20-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm not surprised, the timing on these was a little off and Target is notoriously strict about such things - when CW wave 3 with the SA clonetrooper came out, it was on clearance within a few weeks. Those Han & Obi-Wan VOTCs have been hanging around my local stores over the last 2 weeks, the worst was at Target Pasadena where they had maybe a dozen of each and just 1 Leia, so that sort of situation might push the local toy manager to get them out the door fast (since clearance prices are generally determined by the local toy departments and not corporate). I wouldn't expect to see too much of this though.

tnswman
08-21-2004, 10:06 AM
I am afraid of this happening in my area. The Taget closest to me only has 3 VOTC figures left at any given time. However, the Local Super Wal-Mart has 3 full pegs and more on the top shelf all of the 1st wave. Luke is hanging on the
pegs at TRU with no OTC anywhere but wal-mart.

you can't help to think that Wal-mart will have to discount these soon to allow for future waves.

So much for these being limited.