PDA

View Full Version : Cool new OTC carded images

AmanaMatt
08-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Here's the link

http://www.yakface.com/2004product/basic375/otupdate/otupdate.shtml

Gotta say, love the new ANH Vader card - with all the Stormies in the background. No one throw tomatoes, but I like the repainted Bib.

tnswman
08-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Those are awesome!!

Ji'dai
08-21-2004, 01:39 PM
That background photo on the Hoth Vader looks almost 3D. For a minute there, I thought we might be getting part of the Echo Base wall. It's probably an optical illusion in the photo caused by poor lighting though.

TheDarthVader
08-21-2004, 03:10 PM
I love the repainted Bib Fortuna and Gamorrean Guard! Those Darth Vaders look very nice. I will have to get both of them. I already have the rest except for the soft goods Leia, which I will also buy. Thanks for the link!

B.
TDV

DarthJimli
08-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Those all look very cool, especially the Vader with all the Stormtroopers in the background!

Thanks for sharing the link!:cool:

Slicker
08-21-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm in total agreeance that these are totally awesome. I personally like repaints of older not so good figures. The one that I'm waiting for though is a resculpt/repaint of Han Carbonite. That along with Boussch are about the only two that I can think of that haven't been resculpted or repainted that I really would love to get that treatment.

Slicker
08-21-2004, 07:05 PM
No tomatoe throwing from this direction. All of these figs look great and the packaging enhances them 10 fold. But the one figure I'm waiting for them to repack/resculpt/repaint is Han Carbonite from way back in the POTF2 series.
MY BAD ABOUT THIS POST MY COMPUTER TOLD ME THE FIRST ONE WASN'T SENT.

Kidhuman
08-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Hoth Vader looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, as do the rest.

Mr Fett
08-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Hoth vader is sweet:D

AmanaMatt
08-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Considering this is a line of re-releases (with repaint action on some), I am having the most fun with this line than any other in a long, long time.

Turbowars
08-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Considering this is a line of re-releases (with repaint action on some), I am having the most fun with this line than any other in a long, long time.Yes and it sad but true. This line is great in some awesome ways. I mean the packaging has blown me away. From the Card to the backdrop, Hasbro has really done a fantastic job! I really didn't think that repainted POTF2 and Saga figures would fly, but The little paint changes have us or most all giddy like kids again. I would have liked to hear this line would continue, but it looks like it will be the greatest short lived line we will know.:bored: :)

ronhudy
08-26-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm really glad I didn't buy many of the Saga figures in the last year or so. Mostly my kids are collecting now, and it's cool to not have to buy a bunch of recarded/repainted figures for the second time to be able to have these cool new cardbacks and backgorunds.

I like the Vader w/stromtroopers in the background...that is cool. But why does the Hoth Vader have his lightsaber in hand? He didn't actually draw his lightsaber on Hoth, did he? I think they should have packed it seperately.

Agent23
08-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Nice pictures. I am looking forward to getting them. I have 28/38 so far, so my collection is almost complete.

Kidhuman
08-26-2004, 05:22 PM
. But why does the Hoth Vader have his lightsaber in hand? He didn't actually draw his lightsaber on Hoth, did he? I think they should have packed it seperately.

Goes to the same question of why did SC Anakin have a saber, and why did Obi nightclub have his sculpted to him?

ronhudy
08-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Goes to the same question of why did SC Anakin have a saber, and why did Obi nightclub have his sculpted to him?

True dat!!!

Samuel Windu
08-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Now we just need the carded image of Scanning Cew.