PDA

View Full Version : new "Jaws" game due out in 2005!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-22-2004, 02:55 AM
saw this at yahoo (this story came from the Lebanon Daily Record)

New 'Jaws' Game Lets You Play As Shark

By ANTHONY BREZNICAN

LOS ANGELES - A new video game will show that it's easier to be a bad shark than a good shark. Majesco Games is working on a playable version of the movie "Jaws," with the gamer controlling a predatory Great White as it cruises the ocean waters.

The game is in the early stages of development, with a release planned for summer 2005.

To stay alive the shark must feed, and the game provides a smorgasbord of human appetizers: fishermen, water-polluting oil riggers and your average swimmer in the surf.

"If you just swim around forever you're going to get hungry. If you don't keep feeding that frenzy, that's how you die in the game," said Liz Buckley, a product manager at Majesco who is working on the "Jaws" title. "I don't know if you're going to have these moral choices, 'Do I want to eat this person or this person?' You have to keep eating."

But there will also be an array of natural sea creatures to satisfy the shark's hunger. You can choose to be good by eating seals, fish and other natural food sources.

"Everything you see on the Discovery Channel we're bringing into this product," Buckley said.

Or you can devour peaceful divers and beach lovers as they wade in the water or leap into the air to snatch poachers off of piers. Leaving the humans alone will make it hard to survive.

The story will be free-roaming for the player and will unfold around the same beach locations as Steven Spielberg's 1975 movie.

But it won't feature Roy Scheider's police chief or Richard Dreyfuss as the oceanographer. Instead, the main humans in the game will be the children of those characters, Buckley added.

"Jaws" will be available on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC formats, and the developers are aiming for an M (mature) rating. This won't be a kid's game.

The human characters all have "25 points of disconnection," she said.

What's that mean?

"If there's a diver," Buckley said, "there are 25 different ways you can pull him apart."

Alright, first thoughts.
Sick, yes.
Twisted, yes.
Long overdue, yes.
Great fun..oh lord yes!!!

I'll definately be checking this game out as i was a HUGE fan of the original "Jaws" on the NES, which to this day i still have yet to beat!! I just can't ram that damned thing with the boat properly...one day though, he will die by my hand!! :crazed:
I can't wait to see some pics of the game!!!
Cheerio! :D

JON9000
08-22-2004, 02:37 PM
All you will do is eat, swim, and make little sharks!

Lord Malakite
08-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I'll definately be checking this game out as i was a HUGE fan of the original "Jaws" on the NES, which to this day i still have yet to beat!! I just can't ram that damned thing with the boat properly...one day though, he will die by my hand!! :crazed:
I can't wait to see some pics of the game!!!
Cheerio! :D

Wait until Jaws is directly lined up with the boat and his fin is just above the point of the ship (almost touching, but not quite). The tip of the ship should not overlap the fin at all. Try striking him then Guyute. ;)

billfremore
08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Okay as I am a huge fan of the original Jaws myself I question how much fun this game will actually be.

Swim around and eat things... that sounds like it might get a little boring after an hour or so. I hope there will be a bit more involved than that.

I also hope this will not be your prototypical "underwater" game.

"Oh no they're dropping depth charge towards me" :rolleyes:

jonthejedi
08-24-2004, 05:14 AM
"You're gonna need a bigger console!"

The 'Xir
09-07-2004, 01:05 AM
That's awesome if you'll actually be able to breech out of the water and snatch people off of docks/boats!!! Seeing as how there are divers, I wonder if any of them will have anti-shark cages?

Monkey cage? Poratable shower?...

...Fairwell, and ado to you fair spanish ladies' fair well and ado to you ladies of Spain, for we recieved orders for the sail back to Boston, and so never more shall we see you again. :D

I love this movie!!! :classic:

InsaneJediGirl
09-28-2004, 01:24 PM
It will just be worth having Jaws hack at the swimmers.Too bad there isnt a feature to customize the swimmers to look like people you know in life :D

Hopefully there will be more than just swimming around.Maybe a feature similar to Sega Genisis Jurassic Park game where you can be Grant or the Raptor.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Alright, got alot more about this game @E3.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/617/617869p1.html

The screenshots look good and the trailer is pretty damn good too. Granted, it could get old after a bit, but from what i saw, you can: eat swimmers, eat sharks, eat divers, destroy boats, destroy piers, destroy houses on piers and jump out of the water and kick the crap out of things. Looks like at least a rental! Cheers! :D