PDA

View Full Version : Did Jabba feel a "tug" on his mind?

scruffziller
08-23-2004, 06:21 AM
When Luke was trying to use his Jedi Mind Trick, did Jabba actually feel the force trying to influence his mind and resisted or did he just recognize Luke's body language as what he does when doing the Jedi Mind Trick. I am not sure to the logistics in which if Hutts, Toydarians, etc. themselves are not influenced by the force that way or they can just shrug it off.

stillakid
08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
When Luke was trying to use his Jedi Mind Trick, did Jabba actually feel the force trying to influence his mind and resisted or did he just recognize Luke's body language as what he does when doing the Jedi Mind Trick. I am not sure to the logistics in which if Hutts, Toydarians, etc. themselves are not influenced by the force that way or they can just shrug it off.

Judging from Wattos "reaction," it seems as if they DON'T feel anything at all. Watto is just responding to Qui Gon's words and more specifically, to the repetition. It is only when Qui Gon starts annoying Watto that the creature refers to any kind of mind control thing. Unless the Hutts are that fundamentally different, it seems logical to suggest that they react the same way. Well, if continuity is to be considered that is, and as we all (well, most of us) know from the Prequels, continuity isn't necessarily a consideration so there's no rules to follow really. The answer to your question is whatever you want it to be. :)

IMFETTUP
08-23-2004, 10:48 AM
It has always been my opinion that they reacted more to the body language than to any physical or mental "tugs." I think that there are certain species (Hutts and Toydarians) that are force sensative. This comes from the card game of coarse. These are species that have an awareness of the force, but are not necessarily able to harness that power. I don't know that this awareness offers any protection, however. The other part to this mind trick is that its success hinges greatly on the intelligence level of the person attempting to be duped. I think that after Bib Fortuna had been had by Luke, as revealed by Jabba himself, Jabba became acutely aware that Luke would try the same on him. There are certain creatures that offer protection from such mind games- the Ysalamiri (sp.?) I think is one that Thrawn used as protection.

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I still don't think there's any conclusive evidence that Jabba is from a race immune to Jedi mind tricks, his own claim is that they only work on the weak-minded, and he acts surprised that Bib is one of those.

BTW, Watto mentioned the Jedi thing because QGJ was waving his hand around like that.

Kidhuman
08-23-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree with JT. Jabba said that it only works on weak minded people. Nothing about the species being immune.

Watto I do believe was immune as he stated that the only thing that works on Toydarians is mney