PDA

View Full Version : Cool Radiohead flash

Exhaust Port
08-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Here's a flash cartoon video for an acoustic version of Creep by Radiohead. Great song and I love it acoustically.

http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/radiohead_creep.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-25-2004, 12:21 AM
woah, thanks very much for posting that, EP!!!! That's the acoustic version from the EP of "My Iron Lung" and it's probably my fave version of the song. That disc has some good b-sides on it, such as "lewis mistreated" and "The trickster" if memory serves.

There are some really cool animations for "Kid A" when it came out. I think I saw them at launch.com or somtehing. You might've seen them: they played that piano part from the song "Kid A" and then had the images of mountains from the cover floating around. I can't remember all of them, but they were really cool.

anyway, thanks for posting!!! Radiohead is easily one of the best out there. :D

Exhaust Port
08-25-2004, 07:09 AM
No, I haven't seen the other animations but I'll be looking now.

After hearing this I found out that this version is on the "My Iron Lung" EP as you said. I'll be looking to pick this up in the near future and look forward to the other songs. :)

Kidhuman
08-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Dude, that rocked. I loved it.

The 'Xir
08-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Awesome!!!

Hey I got lucky, in my area there was a local cd shop that had most all of Radioheads sigles and b-sides burned onto one cd including this acoustic version of creep, for $10.00 called Oxford's Angels. It was comprised of 23 songs all taken from both Irong Lung cd singles, both street spirit cd singles, Just(for college) and a couple others! I think the only song available at the time that wasn't put onto it for whatever reason was "Bishops Robes" and I just got that, available on the street spirit(fade out)1 cd single last year!

Banana Co. and The Trickster are my favs from the b-sides! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Xir- i got that Oxfords Angels in a trade a few years back. There is a counterpoint of more B-sides called "Oxfords Devils" and its more random stuff. I think my fave random tunes are "True Love Waits", "Big Boots" and "Big Ideas (don't get any)." They need to put "boots" and "ideas" into a full studio version, dammit!!! :crazed:

Hellboy
08-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info on the b-sides guys. I wasn't aware of these "Oxford's Angels/Devils" discs so I'll be looking for those. Radiohead is easily one of my favorite bands ever. :cool:

The 'Xir
09-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Yeah those are great songs as well, Ah hell, I love all Radiohead songs! But it's funny you mentioned Big Boots, also known as Man O' War, 'cause that's one of their first unreleased songs i learned to play! I do the intro just a little different, I rewote about half the lyrics(although they pretty much follow what Thom wrote), and I think I came up with a pretty cool rythmic solo, that gives the song that little extra something that the band(mainly thom) wanted but didn't do, and why the song has never been released! In reference to in studio work, Thom was quoted as saying(paraphrased), "we never quite seem to get it right, and then it seems to take on a life of it's own, where we then have to kill it before it get's out of control".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
I read an article from Green Plastic about Big Boots (man o' War):

A huge fan favourite, but unreleased as yet, the song is a kind of tribute to James Bond themes in it's sound. It was played frequently before the release of OK Computer under the title 'Man-O-War'. It was written around the time of The Bends, but never made it on to that album. The band have tried many times to record it - including in March 1998 for the soundtrack to the film 'The Avengers', but they just couldn't get it to sound right (see the Meeting People is Easy video).

Thom speaking on MTV's 120 Minutes (26-April-98) : "We ditched it because we were so messed up and we went in, tried to do the track, but we just couldn't do it. It was actually a really difficult period of time. We had a five week break and all the s--- was coming to the surface. It was all a bit wierd - I mean we went in and tried to do this old track that we had and it just wasn't happening at all. It was a real low point after it. It was quite an early song, written around the time of The Bends and it didn't make it on to The Bends. We couldn't find the proper way into it or whatever."

After a lot of failed attempts at recording this song, sadly the band have finally decided to ditch it, and it will probably never be recorded.