PDA

View Full Version : Anymore VOTC On The Way?

HANK00V
08-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Does anyone know if the will be any additonal
figures for the VOTC line or only the 12?

Kidhuman
08-26-2004, 06:08 AM
Just the dozen

JEDIpartner
08-26-2004, 08:32 AM
"Twelve Super-Articulated Action Figures in Vintage Styled Packaging." Period.

Kidhuman
08-26-2004, 09:11 AM
"Twelve Super-Articulated Action Figures in Vintage Styled Packaging." Period.

And a clam shell. Now add the period. :beard:

JEDIpartner
08-26-2004, 09:26 AM
I got that off of a press-release. Don't ever believe the press! :silly:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2004, 04:39 PM
However, Hasbro knows the fan reaction to these figures is great. So who knows what the future holds as far as VOTC is concerned.

JEDIpartner
08-27-2004, 08:06 AM
They'll cry about how they lost their shirts on these and that will be the end of it.

Kidhuman
08-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Maybe they should put a tracking device on their shirts so they dont keep losing them. :D

Samuel Windu
08-27-2004, 10:42 AM
I wish more to come.Maybe 12 more.

JEDIpartner
08-27-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't... I think they've served their purpose as limited edition commemorative pieces.

MagusPSU
08-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Okay, I ran a search but found nothing that directly addresses this question to my satisfaction. I've been assuming from what I heard that there is going to be a limited run on numbers of the VOTC line which seems to be part of the reason people are so rabbidly buying them up. However, after going to Hasbro's website as well as scouring the internet, I can find no mention of these figures being limited in actual production number, just limited in that it's going to be a set of twelve particular characters.

So what kind of monster are we dealing with here exactly? Do I concern myself with thinking I'll never see a Stormtrooper on the shelves come September or do I just wait the whole thing out and have faith that eventually the pegs will be warming up with more than just Hans and Kenobis? If someone can point me to an official announcement concerning the production run on these figures, I'd be very grateful...

...till the next...

M.

plasticfetish
08-28-2004, 02:56 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't remember hearing that these would be produced in unusually low numbers or anything. We have been told that they'd only be produced this one time -- with no re-releases ever, but nothing specific with regard to production numbers on this run.

I think I remember Hasbro commenting that we'd have no trouble finding the VOTC figures once they started coming out. So far, that has and hasn't been true I suppose.

Samuel Windu
08-28-2004, 05:00 AM
I would say some characters are in low quantity such as C-3PO,Lando,R2 & Chewie.All these just 1 or 2 in each assortment.They must be sold out quickly.

gsr-jedi
08-28-2004, 11:00 AM
I think the only way these are limited is in the fact that they won't be re-released, PLUS, it is just these 12; though Hasbro did say if it did well enough, they might make more.

I think most of them will be easy to find in time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I now suppose that they didn't mean limited in production numbers. The amount of Hans on the shelves should be an attestment to that! :crazed:

TheDarthVader
08-29-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree with whoever said these would not be re-released...EVER! I think Hasbro considers that "limited". That is my assumption.

B.
TDV

jedimastergeorge
08-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know about an error or variant votc darth vader. i bought him on sunday at a flea market and the error is that the computer or whater that is on his chest well a good amount of paint is missing from it. And i also bought the votc yoda and up in the corner where it says for "ages 4 and up" or something like that well under that it says it in french too.
any help would be thankful.
george

JEDIpartner
08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
The Vader is probably just a product of Hasblah's kwality kontrol and the Yoda is probably from a Canadian batch.

Most likely, neither one is of any greater value than a standard issue figure.

joe-da
08-30-2004, 02:29 PM
But we need a VOTC Emperor to make up for the awful version last year....