PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Heroes Chewie & C-3PO - what's the deal?

tagmac
08-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what's up with these figures. I've seen a couple on e-bay, but I they don't seem to be shipping with the other 3 sets. No sign of them on amazon.com yet either. I'm assuming this is partly because these two figs are available with the falcon, but I'm sure a lot of people won't wanna spend the ridiculous $50 price tag on that one, myself included.

gsr-jedi
08-27-2004, 01:00 AM
These were showing up about 1 per case. I recently spotted the new Wal-Mart display here in Az, and they had these in abundance, so I assume that they'll start to hit harder soon.

Mr Fett
08-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Well don't pay more than 4.97 because here in CA i found them at WM and they were atleast 10 of those in the floor display. Good luck & Good hunting

Rocketboy
08-27-2004, 10:13 AM
I've seen plenty of every set in the last week or two, so I'm not sure why that set seems to be shortpacked.

And there is no way I'll pay more than $5.00 for 'em. Most places have them at $6.00 or more.

Samuel Windu
08-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Like most people said,I won't pay more than US$5.

El Chuxter
08-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Darn, I thought this was another Seinfeld thread. :p

I've seen them quite a few times at Target. I wouldn't pay more than retail for 'em.

As for the Falcon, hold off. The original Playskool one got clearanced out really cheap, so I expect the same will go for this one.

JediTricks
08-27-2004, 11:01 PM
I just saw a bunch of these at WM, Chewie has an Imperial Blaster molded into one fist where the Falcon version has holes in each hand. I suspect these were short-packed simply because both figures are shipping now in the Falcon set as well.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Chewie has "Chewbacca" printed on the bottom of his right foot. I found it interesting that they would do that to Chewie considering none of the other figures I've seen have their names on the soles of their feet. :confused:

Reefer Shark
12-10-2004, 04:08 PM
The new Falcon is $50? Are you sure you're not getting it confused with the OTC falcon? I know for a fact that the first Playskool falcon was $30 (cause I bought one).

At any rate, the Chewy/3PO 2pack is fairly easy to find around here. Drop me a PM if you want me to pick one up for you.

Oh yeah, another difference with the two Chewies is that the new one is sculpted with an open mouth, the one that comes with the falcon has a closed mouth.

tagmac
12-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks, but I've since found them at TRU. I guess they held the 2-pack to be released along with the Bounty Hunters and Stormtroopers packs.

As for the price, Target was selling it for $50 when I first saw it back in October. Not sure if they dropped the price since then.

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Thats a rip off. My Tartget has it for 29.99. I wouldnt pay 50 bucks for that. Heck, I am not paying 50 bucks for the OTC Falcon.

El Chuxter
12-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Which is why I'm going to Target in the days after Christmas, where both Falcons are going to take a nosedive in price. :)

Reefer Shark
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm with you guys... I'll look around for a cheap OTC Falcon after X-mas, there's no way I'll pay $50 for that thing. I already bought the 1st Playskool Falcon from KB a while back though, and I'm pretty happy with it.

I love the way the cannons move when you fire 'em :smoker:.

JediTricks
12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Chewie has "Chewbacca" printed on the bottom of his right foot. I found it interesting that they would do that to Chewie considering none of the other figures I've seen have their names on the soles of their feet. :confused:
All the original Playskool figures have their names in their feet, even the Tauntaun and Wampa (probably the Reek too, but I don't have any of the prequel sets). Chewie may be modified, but it's the same set none the less.

Ric Olie
12-24-2004, 04:29 PM
My Walmart had some Galatic Heros packs on the shelf last week and the only one I got was C-3PO and Chewbacca. :D