PDA

View Full Version : Clerks II: The Passion of the Clerks!!

Beast
08-28-2004, 03:07 AM
Great news for fans of Kevin Smith, it seems the long wanted sequel to Clerks may actually happen. And that it might not be the animated feature that was originally considered to be on the drawing board known as Clerks II: Hardly Clerkin'. Sounds good, but he definatly loves controversy doesn't he. I wonder how long before people are screaming about the planned name. :)

We've talked about it, we've hypothesized over it, we've even emailed writer/director Kevin Smith drunk in the middle of the night, begging him to re-visit Dante and Randal from Red Bank's own Quick Stop convenience store and today comes word that Smith is indeed working on a sequel to his break-out hit, CLERKS, tentatively entitled THE PASSION OF THE CLERKS (uuuhmm, you might want to change that trendy title though) I'm about as happy as a little girl to hear that Smith will be going back to his roots with this film, which would pick up 10 years after the first one ended (thank God he didn't keep that original ending, eh?) and would apparently start filming as early as January 2005, with Miramax distributing. Here's what Smith himself had to say about it:

"It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex. It's: What happened to these dudes?"

Both Brian O'Halloran (Dante) and Jeff Anderson (Randal) have already signed on for the sequel, with Smith's alter-ego of Silent Bob and his stoner buddy Jay, returning as well. It will be interesting to see how Smith plays Jason Mewes' real-life drug problems into the story-line. For anyone who thinks this is Smith's way of making even more moolah, he insists that not to be true, estimating the new film's budget to be somewhere between $250,000 and $5M (the original reportedly only cost him $27,000, part of which he raised by selling his comic book collection) This film would now be at the top of his "to do" list, as he continues to write the screenplay for THE GREEN HORNET, a film which he will likely not direct anymore.

I'm not a big fan of "sequels to classics" myself (but when sequels to movies like GOODFELLAS are also being discussed, I guess that's the age we're living in), but have faith in Kevin Smith and his love and connection to these characters, so we'll see how this one goes.

This major announcement is timed perfectly with the 10-year anniversary DVD release of CLERKS, which will be coming out alongside his last film JERSEY GIRL, on September 7th. The CLERKS DVD is actually a 3-disc packed extravaganza, and apparently "inspired" Smith to re-visit his beloved characters once again. Phew...big news indeed.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JON9000
08-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I guess when you get pummelled on the ropes you go back to your bread and butter. I think it would be a cool sequel.

Slicker
08-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Let's just hope that he films it in black and white just like Clerks. I think that gave the film a certain appeal to some people. I can't wait to see it!

Rocketboy
08-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Finally, the news has broken! Kevin's been hinting at a "small project" for quite a while now.
I love the idea, but I'm hesitant. (I just don't want to get too hyped.)
He's got some pretty big expectaions to fill with this one - Phantom Menace style expectaions (on the "indie" film scale).

And yes, it better be in black and white. It was too weird seeing live action Dante and Randal in color in J&SBSB.

SithDroid
08-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm sure it will probably be good. i haven't been dissappointed in any of his movies so far. I think Smith had to wait on this one because Jason Mewes was in prison for a while.

evenflow
08-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I guess when you get pummelled on the ropes you go back to your bread and butter. I think it would be a cool sequel.

Not sure what your talking about, but this sounds awesome.

Rocketboy
08-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I think Smith had to wait on this one because Jason Mewes was in prison for a while.Jay was never in prison, but he did have some very serious drug problems for a while. Kevin said if he can get clean and stay that way that he'd consider bringing back Jay and Bob.

Not sure what your talking about, but this sounds awesome.I assume he was talking about bombing of Jersey Girl.

evenflow
08-29-2004, 06:17 PM
I assume he was talking about bombing of Jersey Girl.

Well I really don't think that had anything to do with Kevin Smith. That was all Ben & Jen stuff that screwed up that movie.

derek
08-29-2004, 07:52 PM

as i recall, smith said he was retiring the characters of jay and silent bob after "jay and silent bob strike back", but apparently jersey girl wasn't the mainstream hit he expected, so he's doing a sequal instead of something original.

JON9000
08-30-2004, 06:04 PM
I never saw Jersey Girl, but I heard it really sucked. I also heard he was trying to broaden his appeal with that movie.

derek
08-30-2004, 07:51 PM
I never saw Jersey Girl, but I heard it really sucked. I also heard he was trying to broaden his appeal with that movie.

it wasn't a bad movie, but it really wasn't the kind of stuff his fans expect.....and apparently didn't appeal to the female movie-goers he was trying to reach.

it's worth a rental. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2004, 11:40 AM
it wasn't a bad movie, but it really wasn't the kind of stuff his fans expect.....and apparently didn't appeal to the female movie-goers he was trying to reach.

it's worth a rental. :)

Well, i mean, the fans shouldn't have expected stuff from the Jersey Trilogy as he told them he was done with it. Anybody going into "Jersey Girl" expecting "Clerks" would be let down. I never saw it, but heard bad things.

I can't wait for this flick!!! It'll be great to see what Dante and Randall are up to now a days. Here comes RAndall, he's a berserker!! :crazed:

Beast
08-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Updated News, Directly from 'Silent Bob' himself:

- This isn't gonna be a cameo-heavy affair, a'la "Strike Back." The only returning characters are Dante and Randal, and Jay and Silent Bob.

- This isn't gonna be a star-studded affair. The biggest names in the cast are gonna be Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, and Jason Mewes.

- This isn't an "I'm not even supposed to be here today... AGAIN!"-heavy, wink-wink affair. We barely refer to the first flick (though I do love Lynch's proposed tagline of "They Still Don't Like You"; considering the tone of the script, an even more appropriate tagline would be "They Like You Even Less").

- Jay and Silent Bob have about as much screen time as they had in "Clerks." This is Dante and Randal's flick all the way.

- The title makes sense. Sure, there's a bit of cheekiness in there, but it's pretty appropriate, based on the material.

- This is the funniest thing I've ever written. It's also really poignant.

- We'll still be making a "Clerks" cartoon movie, separate of this.

- This is not a grab at the green. Saying so is kinda laughable, if you're privy to what I make per film now, vs. what I'll make for this film. Part of the idea about doing "Passion" is to strip away the trappings of success we've been enjoying for the last few years, in an effort to get to the raw and pure. None of us are making our usual salaries on this flick; we're all doing it favored-nations style, with deferments. If the flick does well, we'll get paid our full-freight on the back-end. If not, we did it for the love. But if I was "all about the green", I'd be gearing up for "Hornet" or "Fletch" instead. This one's about the passion; the passion of the "Clerks."

- Some of the key players from the "Clerks" saga who've already read the 143 page first draft: Mos, Jeff, Brian, John Pierson, Bob Hawk. Jay's reading the new, refined 119 page second draft this week. Once they were all on board, any doubt or hesitation I might've felt about monkeying with the original's legacy disappeared completely.

- This isn't about "Jersey Girl." While disappointed that we didn't do double the theatrical business we crawled to, I understand why what happened to that flick happened (considering how poorly "Gigli" did, I consider us kinda lucky that we got to 25m). If this is a reaction to anything, it's more of a reaction to "Green Hornet", and the trajectory my budgets have been taking lately. Before (and if) I direct "Hornet", I wanted to do something small and more me-like. While working on the "Clerks X" dvd, it became clear to me that "Passion" was the way to go.

- We almost did this flick three years ago, instead of "Strike Back." I'm glad we didn't, because I was able to say much more now than I would've then.

- There are gonna be lots of folks expressing disappointment or downright hostility with the idea of this movie. Let 'em vent. If it's all that bad, Xtian will just sweep it off the board. But the last thing I'm interested in is opinions on what I'm doing this early in the process, if at all. The beauty of making that first flick was being able to do it in a vacuum. Granted, I could've kept my mouth shut about it 'til we were done shooting; but with "Clerks X" coming out, it just felt right to share. Regardless - I don't want folks running here with reports of what's being said about the idea of this film at other boards. Don't waste your/my time with the braying of the jackasses. There's not even a movie to bray about yet. Once there is, if you still still feel the need to tell me what some random, knuckle-headed Talk Backer has to say about the finished product, then God bless. But until then, leave it in the locker room.

- Oh, who am I kidding? This flick makes me so happy, I'm not even bothered by the *****ing (could still be even happier without it, though). I'm in love with this flick. If other folks aren't, I can't really say I'm concerned. I've read the script; they haven't. I have the benefit of insight into the flick beyond the title and the notion of it; they don't. The reaction is pretty much what I thought it'd be: a ton of positive, and minimal amount of *****ing. Even if the equation was reversed, I'd still feel as good as I do now.

- At this point in my life, this flick makes absolute ****ing sense.

- I can't wait to shoot it, and I can't wait 'til you all see it.

Added 8/29
-------------
- That storyline about Dante and Randal shooting a movie about working at the Quick Stop is the plot of the "Clerks" CARTOON movie. It's secure. The plot of "PotC" is something completely different.

- The flick does NOT employ the tone of the "Clerks" cartoon. It's OG "Clerks" all the way.

- The flick's in both black & white and color.

- Having not seen "South Park" since season two (unless you count the movie), I was unaware they did an episode called "The Passion of the Jew." I don't know how (or if) this info will effect our title.

- There will be no "reunions" or "crossovers" in the flick. Again - the only characters returning are Dante, Randal, Jay, and Bob.

More info when the questions pile up...
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rocketboy
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Time to put on my Caeser hat for a moment...

The first Clerks 2 trailer (http://blockofstores.com/teaser/) has been released.
And even though it is a Kevin Smith movie, it is safe for viewing (even on this site).

August is so far away...

Sentinel18725
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Very nice! It was nice to see some familiar faces in there!

mtriv73
01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Wow, they all look really different now. How long has it been since Clerks came out? 11 years or so? I'm getting old.

Rocketboy
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
12 or 13 years.
It was 94 when Clerks was released. It may have been filmed in 93.

JimJamBonds
01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Ceasar would be proud of you Rocketboy and the work you have done. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2006, 01:53 AM
: damn; i randomly stopped by the VA site and saw that and thought with glee how awesome it'd be to be the one to post it. Curse you, Rocket! :crazed:

I'm excited about the flick. REALLY excited. :thumbsup:

Tonysmo
01-10-2006, 04:44 AM
TOTALLY stoked about this.. great news. I hope he recaptures the feeling as the orginal. Im not to keen on the color.. but.. pfft.

CaptainSolo1138
01-10-2006, 07:44 AM
I hope adding new characters doesn't dilute it. The whole color thing is odd, and will be even more odd once I see it. I'm officially looking forward to it:thumbsup:

Good to see you, 'smo. What's the occasion?:p

JimJamBonds
01-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Kever's said its both color and b&w, it will be interesting to see how that goes as well.

Rocketboy
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't think the color is that big of a deal.
I don't have any real doubts. Kevin Smith said he was too excited to wait for a trailer because he's so proud of it and feels like it's his best flick.

Ceasar would be proud of you Rocketboy and the work you have done. :yes:Thanks. For a minute I was afraid the thread wasn't old enough.

: damn; i randomly stopped by the VA site and saw that and thought with glee how awesome it'd be to be the one to post it. Curse you, Rocket! :crazed:Anytime buddy! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Looks okay. Randall's always been my favorite clerk. Good to see Jay and Silent Bob again. But I'd still rather see them working back at the Quick Stop than at Mooby's.

Sentinel18725
01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I also wish that they would be back at the Mart. With them boing to Mooby's, it seems like a little bit of a sell out! I mean, how much more pathetic would they be if they still worked at the video/mart 10 years later and still enrolled in community college classes? Pathetic!!!!!

Can't wait to see this though!

sith_killer_99
01-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I prefer the B&W camera work from the Original Clerks.:love:

With that said, I can't wait for this to come out!:thumbsup:

Rocketboy
01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
I also wish that they would be back at the Mart. With them boing to Mooby's, it seems like a little bit of a sell out! I mean, how much more pathetic would they be if they still worked at the video/mart 10 years later and still enrolled in community college classes? Pathetic!!!!!

Can't wait to see this though!Well, according to the B&W part of the trailer, it appears that Dante does still work at Quickstop.
SPECULATION: And I'm guessing that is in the beginning of the movie, which somehow leads to Dante and Randal working at Mooby's.

Rocketboy
01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Interesting bit of news on Clerks 2

"We're not even going to rate it — we're going to go out unrated," Smith declared defiantly. "If we put it in front of the ratings board they'd be like, 'You're insane. We have to create a new rating for that.' " Even more noteworthy, however, is that the boundary-busting film is devoid of the nudity or graphic violence that typically pushes the NC-17 envelope. Instead, when these clerks say "I assure you, we're open" this summer, the phrase will likely be peppered with even more four-letter words than the original.
"I've never been a nudity dude," Smith insisted. "We did nudity once, in 'Mallrats,' and it was just such an uncomfortable thing to shoot. Anybody can get somebody to take their clothes off. 'Clerks' was a movie that the MPAA gave an NC-17 for language and content alone. This movie ups the ante by a hundred-fold, and there's just no way it gets an R."

Rocketboy
06-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Been too long since this thread has been updated.
Release date moved up to July 21.
Given an R rating - without a single cut (much to Kevin's shock)!
Many teasers and trailer online.
Teaser poster #1 (http://newsaskew.com/images/dandrposter.jpg)
Teaser poster #2 (http://newsaskew.com/images/jandbposter.jpg)
Teaser poster #3 (http://newsaskew.com/images/beckposter.jpg) (!)

JimJamBonds
06-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the report (and the good news) RB! :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-09-2006, 12:22 AM
I like all 3 posters. :D

Rocketboy
06-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Mark your calander - December 5th, 2006 - Clerks 2 hits DVD!

Kevin and Trevor appeared on Detroit radio as part of the ongoing Clerks II promotion. This time, it was WKRK, where the BIG NEWS slipped: Clerks II AND Now You Know will share a DVD release date: December 5th, 2006. This is of course, subject to change, but at presstime, that's what we've got. Way cool, eh? Wow, a tentative DVD release date before the movie even opens?
First the instant movie commentary and now this?
Cool.

basschick
06-28-2006, 02:26 AM
i've had the trailer on my harddrive since january. the music rocks and it's good to see the old crew back. the production values are so obviously higher than we'd better expect something far different from clerks. no b & w on the trailer, btw.

does anyone here have the "clerks - the deleted scenes" comic? i have it somewhere under my jay and silent bob action figures :D

Rocketboy
06-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I've got it. Good stuff.
It's fun to see it animated in the "Clerks X" DVD.

JimJamBonds
07-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Its only 20 short days away!!! :thumbsup:

2-1B
07-01-2006, 10:24 PM
huh? I thought it was coming out end of august.

Rocketboy
07-02-2006, 12:18 AM
It was pushed up to July 21st a while ago.

2-1B
07-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Oh, well that shows how up on things I am, then.

So when is the third X-Men movie coming out ? lol

basschick
07-02-2006, 01:45 AM
:D

oh, you're a funny guy...:rolleyes:

Oh, well that shows how up on things I am, then.

So when is the third X-Men movie coming out ? lol

General_Grievous
07-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Only about three days away. Can't wait. I especially love the fact that the commercials and trailers don't give anything away since the movie is practically wall to wall R-rated material.

2-1B
07-18-2006, 01:10 AM
And I like the fact that they didn't use "The Passion" in the title...that would have sucked.

Rocketboy
07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Kevin Smith always said that was just a working title and he never intended to use it.

2-1B
07-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Thank Christ. :D

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM
So apparently, Joel Siegel walked out of the reviewer screening in the middle of the film, drawing attention to himself by yelling "Time to go! This is the first ****ing film I've walked out on in thirty years!" Kevin Smith has replied that he doesn't mind if Siegel walks out on the film, but that he was completely in the wrong for doing so loudly to draw attention to his opinions DURING the film (well, Smith's replies on the matter have been laden with cursing, so I can't link to any or quote verbatim :p).

C5Jedi
07-19-2006, 03:34 PM
So apparently, Joel Siegel walked out of the reviewer screening in the middle of the film, drawing attention to himself by yelling "Time to go! This is the first ****ing film I've walked out on in thirty years!" Kevin Smith has replied that he doesn't mind if Siegel walks out on the film, but that he was completely in the wrong for doing so loudly to draw attention to his opinions DURING the film (well, Smith's replies on the matter have been laden with cursing, so I can't link to any or quote verbatim :p).

lol
Well I've never liked Joel Siegel but I do now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
On the flip side, Clerks 2 had an 8 minutes standing ovation at Sundance (or was it Cannes?).

Slicker
07-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Screw the "critics". It seems that nearly EVERY movie that they like, I end up hating and vice versa. I'll see it and I know that I'll love it mainly because one of the best "critics" walked out.

2-1B
07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
The critics hated AOTC, Slick. Joel Siegel probably did, too. In fact, I think he walked out during it. :D

DarthQuack
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
F that fanboy Siegl.....I can't wait to see this movie. I had thought it was going to be shown in both B&W, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Rocketboy
07-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Form what I've gathered, the beginning is in black and white (but only for a few minutes).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-20-2006, 10:50 PM
:thumbsup: Gotta work @3:30 tomorrow, but catching a 12:10 pm showing. CANNOT WAIT.

DarthQuack
07-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I was looking to check out a matinee showing as well, snoochie boochies.

General_Grievous
07-20-2006, 10:59 PM
If Joel Siegel walked out, you know this movie's gonna be good.:)

2-1B
07-21-2006, 02:49 AM
I can't wait to read the review that family.org gives it...if they even bother. :D

I just checked and it's already up:

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0002799.cfm

only 150 uses of the F-word? :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-21-2006, 01:46 PM
THIS REVIEW/BLIP MIGHT HAVE SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED ABOUT SPOILER SSPOILERS.

Just got back and i freakin' LOVED it. It was raunchy, crude, wrong on so many levels and overall, hysterically funny. I loved how not only we got a lot of humor, but it's also Smith's most poignant and heartfelt movie to date. Just the interaction between Becky and Dante was so natural and so awesome and c'mon, what he did at the end in the drive thru was really cool! It showed that you have to do what is right for you, regardless of what society thinks and deems as normal or proper. I was actually kinda taken off guard when Randall got so serious with Dante about why he couldn't leave and I had hopes about what the ending would be....I was right and couldn't be happier. And the rant about "Lord of the Rings" and the sexuality of the hobbits was great. and how about Elias and his "I'm sorry Jesus!" scene. Man, so funny. So many great parts, but i gotta work in 40 minutes, so i'm off. and lastly, I do hope that when the "Clerks II" inaction figures come out, the back of Randall's shirt is, let's say, "movie proper." :thumbsup: and what a great soundtrack! I nearly wet myself when i heard the opening clicks to "1979" cos c'mon, name a better song to drive to! you can't! :bandit:

This flick will definately warrant multiple viewings and stay during the credits, Kevin thanks EVERYBODY, including the first 10,000 (or 50,000) of his myspace friends who made CLERKS II their myspace friend.

Hope everybody loved it as much as i did. ta! :D

General_Grievous
07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
What I great movie. It warped my dirty mind into a dirtier mind. :) There was one scene that had us see more of Jay than I ever needed to. :p And Jason Lee as "Picklef***er" was a nice cameo. But Randal, Jay and Silent Bob totally owned the movie. I love Randal's face when Elias is explaining Pillow Pants. And Randal's monologue on racial slurs, and Frodo and Sam, for that matter.:D There's not much else to say about the movie that isn't R rated except Rosario Dawson is hot and the movie was hilarious!

Rocketboy
07-21-2006, 11:14 PM
LOVED IT!
I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while.

So hard to talk about without getting warned/banned though.
The LOTR rant was great (and I agree 100%). I saw Kevin do Randal's version of LOTR on Leno once. Glad he stuck it in there.

While there are so many hilarious scenes, the only gripe I have, and it's a minor one, is that some of the things in the movie felt sitcom-ish. For example, Randal's "I'm taking it back" bit and Dante's not knowing how to dance. These gripes are easily overlooked though since they were done so well.

Somehow, I forgot to watch the credits for my name - it totally slipped my mind. But I'm not even sure I even made the Myspace friends cut though (but I think I may have).

Can't wait to see it a few more times (and numerous more when it hits DVD).

Turbowars
07-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Yes it was a great flick. I loved it all. Damn I'm in love with Rosario. She reminds me so much of my ex-girlfriend it scared me because she was such a freak. I damn neared cried when Randal confessed to Dante. The ending was awesome and I want more!

2-1B
07-22-2006, 02:14 AM
I loved it but not as much as Guyute.

I could do without that horrible Smashing Pumpkins song as well as Soul Asylum's Misery. However, the tip of the cap to King Diamond was AWESOME and I loved the fact that Welcome Home was played twice on the box AND recited over the drive thru mic. :D

Rosario was good but Jennifer Schwalbach is not a good actress. She made it through Strike Back alright but she was weak in this one.

The religious jokes were overdone for me, I'm all for goofing on religion but some of that came across as lame.

Overall it was good though, I loved it. :) Definitely not Kevers' best flick but a quality sequel, to be sure. :) And yeah, the scene with Wanda Sykes was so over the top and hilarious, I loved it. :crazed:

Rocketboy
07-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Rosario was good but Jennifer Schwalbach is not a good actress. She made it through Strike Back alright but she was weak in this one.But when you're sleeping with the director...:D

Dar' Argol
07-22-2006, 09:58 PM
I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! It was great!!! The theater I was in was busting out Gut laughs the whole time. I even got sprayed on the back of the head with soda that came out of someone's nose!!!!

This is the first time in a while that I felt the movie theater didn't rip me off with the price of the ticket. I feel this was worth the full $8 and maybe a bit more even. I cannot wait for the DVD . . .I think I may go out and see it again tomorrow.

As far as the MySpace name in the credits . . . the names will only appear in the DVD . . not the movie. The only think he did in the movie was "Thank the MySpace users" and the "View Askew users" just as that. No names, just a lump thanks. The name listing will not appear until the DVD comes out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-22-2006, 10:15 PM
dar- no, there are 10,000 myspace names after the credits. After the credits, Jay and Silent bob did their little "snootch to the nooch!" animated thing and a whole new batch of names appeared that went on for about 10-12 minutes. They're there alright!

and i'm gonna edit your post as i THINK i know what ya want me to do. :crazed:

Rocketboy
07-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Saw it again tonight and this time I remebered and watched the credits.
Yep, they are there indeed. Hope you can read really fast. I'm still not sure if I made the movie list...I wish Kevin would release that list of names.

2-1B
07-22-2006, 11:41 PM
But when you're sleeping with the director...:D

That's exactly what was running through my mind the whole time. :D

Sorry guys but I don't understand the MySpace thing, I mean I watched every last second of those damn credits in case he put any deleted stuff at the end and instead I was subjected to that MySpace list. Nice concept but way overboard, IMO. :) A list of names 7 columns wide going on and on and on and on and on with no end in sight. :crazed:

basschick
07-26-2006, 12:51 AM
i don't remember the last time i laughed that hard at a movie. sure, it's crass and about as offensive and as far from pc as you can get - well, except for badder santa. but sometimes that's a good thing :D sometimes the humor isn't even rude, crude or offensive. and the ending - i loved the ending.

i'll be seeing this movie again in theaters at least a couple more times, before buying the DVD.

Tycho
08-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Oh man I loved Clerks 2. Is it still called "The Passion of the Clerks?" I didn't see that title anywhere.

Rosario Dawson is hot! She seriously reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. Snootch to the nooch! :love:

Anyways, I was laughing so hard!

"Transformers are an abomination to God!" JT better move the whole Cybertron thread to the Rancor Pit, LOL.

So is it wrong to go back-to-mouth? I'm not sure that important social issue was resolved in this movie - though "Becky's word" holds a lot of credit for me.

The donkey show was just wrong - as was watching that "expression of inter-species sexuality." What the heck?!! (You have to love how the Jesus-Freak Autobot switched into automatic mode though. Hehe.)

When the police and fire department came in time to see the show they had going on there, I was dying laughing in my seat! And "Kinky Kelly" yelled "Wait - I gotta finish!" That was too much!

This was a "see it all over again" kind of film. Too funny!

Darth Jax
08-02-2006, 07:35 AM
i've seen it twice now. great, funny flick. has anybody determined what the note on elias' shirt reads? neither time i've seen it was i able to read it for the split second it's onscreen

Rocketboy
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh man I loved Clerks 2. Is it still called "The Passion of the Clerks?" I didn't see that title anywhere.Nope. It was just a working title.

i've seen it twice now. great, funny flick. has anybody determined what the note on elias' shirt reads? neither time i've seen it was i able to read it for the split second it's onscreenFrom what I could see, it looked like it said the same thing as the back or Randal's shirt. I could be wrong though.

JimJamBonds
08-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I liked C: II, not as good as C:I but still a good flick. I'll be picking it up for sure.

Turbowars
08-04-2006, 04:01 PM
I saw it again yesterday and I like it just as much as when I saw it the 1st time. Rosario Dawson looks great in this flim. Hey Tycho, I already said she reminded me of my ex girl friend!:yes:

DarthQuack
08-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Saw it about 5-6 days ago, thought it was awesome, love the crude humor as always. If you haven't see it yet, stay through the credits and read everything, it's pretty funny.

basschick
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM
read the credits? i think skim is the most the average person could achieve for THOSE credits :D

Saw it about 5-6 days ago, thought it was awesome, love the crude humor as always. If you haven't see it yet, stay through the credits and read everything, it's pretty funny.

Darth Jax
08-05-2006, 07:18 PM
i could only keep up with about half of kevin's thanks. didn't even try the myspace garbage, would just randomly pick out a name and read it.

Rocketboy
08-06-2006, 12:21 AM
A transcript of the thanks from Newsaskew.com:

The director would like to thank God -- He who keeps my heart beating, and keeps me appreciative, and scared.
Jenny -- She who keeps my heart beating, and keeps me appreciative, and scared. And loved; always loved.
Scott -- My true hetero -life mate and second to one soul-mate.
Dave -- Welcome back, sir. No flicks without you, ever again. Promise
Jeff -- For not only coming back, but for knocking it out of the park and keeping me honest.
Brian -- For being the world's best straight man.
Jay -- for cleaning up and being the official "Clerks II" spirit bunny
Rosario -- for saying yes and turning in a performance so great, it made me believe that Becky would **** Dante.
Trevor -- For an Elias you could pity and love.
Zack and Joey -- For hours of awesome "Train Wreck".
Ming -- For being my Lord of the Web-Rings.
Harvey and Bob -- For the cash, the green light and the freedom.
Michael and Marty -- For being Lords of the Dance.
Tony -- For keeping us on schedule.
Mom and Dad -- for years of support and for having sex.
Gail and Byron -- For quietly having sex, and for keeping my life running smoothly.
Harley -- for being the spring in dad's step.
Laura -- for holding it all together so amazingly.
Ratface -- For my favorite set of all time.
Purcell -- For his brilliant art.
James -- For the perfect location.
Banker -- For keeping the axis straight, yet again.
Jason, Ben and Ethan -- For making the time.
Wanda and earthquake -- For making the jokes.
Razer X -- Wait a second... thank ME *****, for rarely having to move a truck this time.
Whit -- For crystal clear dirty dialogue.
Gary, Tom and Erich -- for Skywalking said dirty dialogue.
Phil and Sloss -- For keeping me in the green.
Angelotti -- For the ink.
Carol -- For keeping all that green straight.
Janda -- For the tech and the fandom.
Jon gordon -- For getting the ball rolling before he bolted.
Carla -- For taking over for Jon and being easier to look at in the process.
Elliot -- for hours of loading.
Darren -- For keeping me pic-rich.
Bry -- For being the OG Randal.
Walt -- For my love of King Diamond.
The Thapars -- For letting us back into the Quick Stop one more time.
Chappy -- For all that cool-*** merch.
Venable -- For all that cool-*** score.
Leslie -- For a smooth post.
Gooseberg -- For burning down Quick Stop.
The Cast -- For elevating, not executing.
The Crew -- For being the best bunch of artists I've ever worked with.
Maslin -- For being as good a friend as she was a critic.
Hawk -- for the notes and the history.
Smalls -- for taking off the shades once in a while.
Matt -- For the truth.
Newsaskew.com -- For keeping me abreast of what's going on in my life.
The Folks Who post at www.viewaskew.com -- For being a wonderful, mass sounding board.

"The Snowball Effect" -- For reminding me how much "Clerks" meant to me.
And "Jersey Girl" -- For taking it so hard in the *** and never complaining.
When in downtown Red Bank, New Jersey,
or in downtown Westwood, Los Angeles,
visit JAY AND SILENT BOB'S SECRET STASH -- the two best
comic book stores with that name in the entire known universe.
While at JAY AND SILENT BOB'S SECRET STASH,
drop tons of coin on fine merchandise manufactured by Graphitti Designs
(also grab a "Sin City" figure while you're at it,
because we over-ordered on them).
Wanna know how Dante and Randal got their job at Mooby's?
Check out the "Tales from the Clerks" graphic novel,
featuring the "Clerks" and "Clerks II" bridge story, "Where's the Beef?"
Are you a total shut-in?
You don't even have to leave your house to buy my ****.
Get out your credit card and visit www.jayandsilentbob.com
for a plethora of autographed "Clerks II" crap.
Watch hours and hours of shorts about the making of
"Clerks II" at www.clerks2.com.
How's my driving? Let me know at
www.viewaskew.com
www.myspace.com/therealkevinsmith
www.silentbobspeaks.com
www.quickstopentertainment.com
Christ, I spend too much time on the internet...
[Edit out some final credits]
Jay and silent Bob might return one day.
For now, they're taking it easy.
Goodbye, Horses

darthvyn
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM
(also grab a "Sin City" figure while you're at it,
because we over-ordered on them).

awesome...

i loved the movie, btw... saw it a couple of weeks ago, but never got a chance to come and voice my opinion. it was hysterical. the mrs. thought it was so good, she'd go see it again in the threaters, and she never does that!

2-1B
08-06-2006, 09:56 PM
At Wizard World Chicago this weekend I found myself walking behind a patron who had written "P____ M_____ 4 Life" in tape on the back of his shirt just like Randal...needless to say, I took a pic of him from behind and won't post it here but I did lean in and say 'hey man, you're taking it back, eh?' to which he replied in the affirmative. lol lol lol

Tycho
08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
There goes my hero!

2-1B
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
So what happened in this thread while I was gone, what did Tycho do this time?

Tycho
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Nice bait. I wrote out in all its glorious letters what your "friend" had spelled out on his shirt.

So I was made to sit out in the time-out box with Mel Gibson for a day.

Everyone knows what you're discussing Caesar.

What I can't exactly explain is, that I treat most people I meet with a great deal of respect, no matter what their background, but I harbor my own prejudices about a lot of groups. However, I find humor in slurs, jokes, etc. and common sense in certain prejudices due to stereotypes having been earned by at least one member of any certain group that feels discriminated against. I was going to write how that's not fair, but it is reality, and in a different thread - but I said it here. So I said it. That's done now unless someone wants to discuss it further.

Now that being said, I myself was persecuted again. I'm a VICTIM! It's true. Some people do not like Mouse Droid Sniffers. They won't come forward and admit it, but I'm sure that's why I get in trouble around here. It can't possibly be because I'm a genius and folks are jealous of me, right? :crazed:

The insane have rights, too! :stupid:

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Just talk about SW and you will be just fine Tycho. There's just too many kids around here to discuss such things as Clerks 2. :rolleyes: Censorship is the way of SSG. Always has and always will.

2-1B
08-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Nice bait. I wrote out in all its glorious letters what your "friend" had spelled out on his shirt.

I wasn't trying to bait you, I was out of town in Chicago since Thursday so I didn't know what happened. :confused:

Regardless, that was pretty dumb of you to post it without censoring it yourself, what were you thinking? :)

So I was made to sit out in the time-out box with Mel Gibson for a day.

I know what that's like, except I had to do it for 3 days once. :D

What I can't exactly explain is, that I treat most people I meet with a great deal of respect, no matter what their background, but I harbor my own prejudices about a lot of groups. However, I find humor in slurs, jokes, etc. and common sense in certain prejudices due to stereotypes having been earned by at least one member of any certain group that feels discriminated against. I was going to write how that's not fair, but it is reality, and in a different thread - but I said it here. So I said it. That's done now unless someone wants to discuss it further.

Ummm, okay.

Tycho
08-07-2006, 03:38 AM
I wasn't trying to bait you, I was out of town in Chicago since Thursday so I didn't know what happened. :confused:

Did you go to the Wizard Con? How was it? Did you post in another thread about that? Waaay off-topic, but you brought up Chicago. Meanwhile, did you meet Steve or anyone else from SSG there?

Regardless, that was pretty dumb of you to post it without censoring it yourself, what were you thinking? :)

I probably like playing games with the moderators too much. I slightly disagree with Turbowars about kids hanging out here. I don't have the information, but I just suspect that most of the posters here are at least 15 and know everything - and the majority of those are actually in their 20's or getting into their 30's.

Meanwhile, I wish I was 8 years old again sometimes! Being put in the "Time Out Box" for causing trouble felt just like it did when I was suspended from school on occasions. I'm actually so proud of myself and I loved having that experience. We're here because we're fans of TOYS for ages 4 & Up, and we want to whine and cry over things like Yarna, the ICMG, and now I think my new project will be to start fervor over Nyrat Agira, hehe. So as I'm surrounded with this immaturity, it cultivates more immaturity in me and I feel young all over again. With my health - that's a great feeling (Mouse Droid anyone?) Anyway, a Nyrat Agira project sounds about right for a new focus for "Tycho" now.

I know what that's like, except I had to do it for 3 days once. :D

I want to try for a 3-day ban, too! But if I start going after obscure figures that will make Hasbro go "WTF?" I'll have to stick around online here for a while now. I love being a discipline problem. I always did. But Nyrat Agira will be a fun one to be annoying with and to top it off - she would make a great action figure I'd definitely buy anyway. So not much harm could come from my new campaign - but at C4 or wherever, I want to ask Hasbro for her figure while "live," and see if they know who she is or they do go "WTF?"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
alright guys, if you could stay on target and talk about the film, that'd be great. If you guys wanna talk about Tycho's banning, please do so over PM.

and for your info tycho, I will probably be deleting these last few posts tonight. They have no reason to be in the "Clerks II" thread and i wanted to give you guys time to read them. Thanks. :)

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I probably like playing games with the moderators too much. I slightly disagree with Turbowars about kids hanging out here. I don't have the information, but I just suspect that most of the posters here are at least 15 and know everything - and the majority of those are actually in their 20's or getting into their 30's.

"I think you read me wrong Tycho. I was being sarcastic. I don't think there little kids on these boards.

2-1B
08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I saw Clerks Deux for the second time last weekend and I loved it even more the second time. :) That will be a highly rewatchable flick for years to come. lol

2 things I have to note:

1) Rosario looks delicious when she is doing the ABC dance, I love that scene. :)

2) WHO is the actor who plays the Lord of the Rings nerd? That guy is one of the UGLIEST motherf***ers I have EVER had the misfortune of beholding. :(

Tycho
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
I love that scene with Rosario dancing! :love:

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 06:41 PM
2) WHO is the actor who plays the Lord of the Rings nerd? That guy is one of the UGLIEST motherf***ers I have EVER had the misfortune of beholding. :(Kevin Weisman of "Alias" fame, Marshall was one of my favorite Alias characters after Jack Bristow.

The movie was entertaining, some pretty heavy pacing issues in the beginning and didn't ring especially true for some of the clerking aspects, the ending felt very deus ex machina when they could have gotten away clean by Jay saying "this tubby b**ch has been putting away half our f**king take all these years worrying about our 'retirement' or some stupid sh** like that!", and the LOTR argument seemed like the character puked simply because Kevin Smith couldn't think of a way to get himself out of that situation better; Jay and Randal were the characters I hated in Clerks, here they were softened just enough to make them ok, and while it may have watered them down ever so slightly, it also made them more believable as growing characters who could get us to the end result of the story. It was more fun than it was honest, which is fine from an entertainment standpoint, more akin to Mallrats in many ways than to the first Clerks (Smith's movies seem to take on a Trek movie curse situation in that all the even-numbered movies are good and all the odd-numbered ones are on the bubble: Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks II). Rosario Dawson was ok I guess, both of the main women in the story really got the short end of the character stick though, very 1-dimensional and lacking real insight, and her falling for Dante felt more like a plot device than an organic direction for the story - I was actively creeped out by her and Dante's interactions, the guy's a pill but he's not so stupid that he'd miss the myriad of inappropriate signs which tell him his fiance situation is getting sidetracked. My biggest complaint about Clerks 2 is that it was far too short, there were lots more characters and situations that could have been brought in during the course of our heroes' day, and there were a few that we could have spent more time with.

DarthQuack
08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I was hoping to see Joey Lauren Adams make a guest apperance....but I was disappointed. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure to stay through the credits, some pretty cool things written in.

Tycho
08-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I love Randall in those movies, especially Clerks 2: he reminds me of Me. :)

"I'm (not) taking that back!"

JimJamBonds
08-16-2006, 11:14 PM
2) WHO is the actor who plays the Lord of the Rings nerd? That guy is one of the UGLIEST motherf***ers I have EVER had the misfortune of beholding. :(

I think that guy IS a Hobbit!

Turbowars
08-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Wow JT really knows how to take the fun out of things doesn't he?:D

Sure Dante shouldn't had got the girls in the movie, although Smiths wife does nothing for me, way to thin. The movie did seem too short, but it's better being too short than too damn long. The movie ended with me wanting more.

I love these characters and I hope Smith can come up with something to bring them back.

2-1B
08-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the ID on that hideous looking fellow, JT. Good lord. :dead:

I was hoping to see Joey Lauren Adams make a guest apperance....but I was disappointed. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure to stay through the credits, some pretty cool things written in.

She's in it, she's the bank teller.

Turbs, I'm with you on Schwalbach...I think I posted a few pages back but I'll repeat myself - she has not aged well since Strike Back. :D

Turbowars
08-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the ID on that hideous looking fellow, JT. Good lord. :dead:

She's in it, she's the bank teller.

Turbs, I'm with you on Schwalbach...I think I posted a few pages back but I'll repeat myself - she has not aged well since Strike Back. :D
I didn't know she was in Strikes Back. That damn kissing made me sick. You damn well she wanted to throw up. She looked so trashy too. Rosario on the other hand looks so good I could eat her up. What was so cool I saw her in person at the SDCC. Damn!

2-1B
08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah Turbs, Schwalbach played the non-famous jewel thief, the one not named Eliza, Ali Larter, or Shannon E (sorry, I only know which one is Justice).

JimJamBonds
08-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Yeah Turbs, Schwalbach played the non-famous jewel thief, the one not named Eliza, Ali Larter, or Shannon E (sorry, I only know which one is Justice).

There was Crissy, Missy and Sissy? I know the names sounded similar.

2-1B
08-17-2006, 03:46 AM
She was Missy. I'm watching it right now and it's weird because in light of Clerks II she looks older in this one that I remember. :crazed:

Jayspawn
08-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah I was supprised that Smith got JL Adams to cameo in Strike Back. I still love that Affleck and Jason Lee play duel roles.

Still havnt seen Clerks II yet. 1st on my list though.

Rocketboy
08-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I love these characters and I hope Smith can come up with something to bring them back.Kevin is still planning on making an animated movie sometime down the line, so there is that.

Last I heard, his idea was to have Dante and Randal make a small budget indie movie in Quick Stop.
Wonder where he came up with that idea?

JediTricks
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I love Randall in those movies, especially Clerks 2: he reminds me of Me. :)

"I'm (not) taking that back!"Randal ruins Dante's life in just about everything he does, and except for a few moments in Clerks 2 he doesn't give a crap - it was WAY worse in the Clerks animated series, that's why I never watched them all, I got actively mad at that kind of writing.

Wow JT really knows how to take the fun out of things doesn't he?:D

Sure Dante shouldn't had got the girls in the movie, although Smiths wife does nothing for me, way to thin. The movie did seem too short, but it's better being too short than too damn long. The movie ended with me wanting more.

I love these characters and I hope Smith can come up with something to bring them back.Hey, thanks a bunch. :p

Yeah, Smith's wife didn't work for me in "J&SB Strike Back" either in acting or looks, but it's cheaper to cast her than a real actress I guess. ;) The movie could have been 2 hours and still left the audience wanting more I suspect.

What kills me is I bet he's not going to bring them back, Smith barely made this one after changing his mind several times in the last decade, and either Jeff Anderson or Brian O'Halloran had to be coerced to do this one and said they wouldn't do another.

Tycho
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I heard the Donkey was up for a sequel though. :D

Rocketboy
08-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I heard the Donkey was up for a sequel though. :DHe's already under contract with Slicker's Mom.

Turbowars
08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, thanks a bunch. :pAnytime JT!:whip:

Jeff Anderson or Brian O'Halloran had to be coerced to do this one and said they wouldn't do another].Oh and they have soooo much going on in their film career.:rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
08-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Jeff Anderson or Brian O'Halloran had to be coerced to do this one and said they wouldn't do another].

Oh and they have soooo much going on in their film career.:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly acting isn't their meal ticket, so I can understand why they would be that way.

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:05 AM
"I miss my donkey."

So what are Brian and Jeff's respective meal tickets ?

Turbowars
08-18-2006, 12:29 AM
"I miss my donkey."

So what are Brian and Jeff's respective meal tickets ?
Performing the donkey show in Mexico?

Well I guess it's safe to say that acting isn't there full time job, because they have only been in 2 maybe 3 films.

2-1B
08-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Brian had that bit part in Chasing Amy which I don't believe Jeff was in...so yeah, the only other movies I know them from are Clerks, Clerks II, and Strike Back. :grin:

JimJamBonds
08-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Brian had that bit part in Chasing Amy which I don't believe Jeff was in...so yeah, the only other movies I know them from are Clerks, Clerks II, and Strike Back. :grin:

Don't forget about Gill Hicks, Suitor #3!

Rocketboy
08-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Thye've both done a few small movies in recent years.

And Brian O'Halloran has had a part in all of Kevin Smith's movies, except Jersey Girl.
Besides Dante Hicks (in Clerks, J&SBSB, and Clerks 2), he was:
Gil Hicks was suitor #3 in Mallrats
Jim Hicks was an executive in Chasing Amy
Grant Hicks the reporter in Dogma

Jeff Anderson didn't do anything in movies after Clerks until Dogma, where he played the gun salesman.

JediTricks
08-18-2006, 04:20 PM
I looked it up, it was Jeff "Randal" Anderson who was the holdout, he's got a tile-importing business as his main thing, and acting was just a goof for him to begin with, he didn't want to do Clerks 2 because he feared any sequel would be lesser than the original, and even when he read the script for Clerks 2 and liked it and felt it wasn't a retread but going new places with the characters, he wasn't entirely sure and wasn't sure Kevin Smith was sure (Smith at the time was still trying to decide on doing The Green Hornet or Clerks 2). So maybe now that he's gotten it shot and seen by the public, it might have given him enough convidence if the right script were to come up, but he still apparently doesn't WANT to do it.

Tycho
08-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Well I'm glad he did! He was my hero in the whole movie:

he bashed LOTR in favor of SW!
he was better than a drunken Mel Gibson in another scene ;) "I'm (not) taking that back!"
he effectively demonstrated that there's nothing better than teenage girls
he well-represented Agnostics who are smothered by Christian zealots
he exposed False-Christians to have homosexual feelings for male donkeys
he showed what the rest of us think of overnight internet millionaires

Dude, Randall is a stud! I feel that character really well-represents me in the movies.
:twisted:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Reminder: 2 disc dvd due out Tuesday! Best Buy has an exclusive gift set consisting of: Mooby's Fun Meal box and contains: Clerks 2 Collector's Edition, Mooby's drink cup, Mooby's Name Tag and Mooby's Funployee Logo Visor. Attached a pic of it below. Price is about $26.99!

Tycho
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
That's a fun, creative way to package it.

Is Mooby's a real restaurant somewhere? (Don't order drinks there with any ice)

El Chuxter
11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Doesn't sound like $10 worth of "freebies," so I'll get it elsewhere. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
That's a fun, creative way to package it.

Is Mooby's a real restaurant somewhere? (Don't order drinks there with any ice)

Nope, not a real place; it was first seen in "Dogma" and Mooby is a mock of Mickey Mouse, as illustrated in the "Dogma" boardroom scene. :crazed:

2-1B
11-26-2006, 05:49 PM
thanks for the DVD reminder, JMG ! :)

Tycho
11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Slightly off-topic, but I think Bubba-Gump Shrimp is a real company and it was inspired by Forrest Gump.

I'm not sure what the legalities are about opening a once-ficticious business featured in a movie, but I wonder if someone will try and start a Mooby's franchise?

But yeah, I suppose after the urinal scene, a real company would never have allowed Kevin Smith to show that. (Perhaps one reason why they did not work at a McDonald's, as Mickey-D's would sue Smith badly if he were showing such a thing in their restaurant - let alone the Donkey Show.)

2-1B
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I miss my donkey.

JimJamBonds
11-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Meh to that "special edition" at BB, I'll be happy with the regualar 2 disker along with saving 10 scheckles.

Rocketboy
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Circuit City will have a less than special bonus - a Clerks mini-comic.
I like the Best Buy set but I'm not so sure I'll pick it up.

An Evening with Kevin Smith 2 is also out on Tuesday (officially), but many Walmarts have broken that release date. I've been seeing it there for the past week.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Picked up the set today! Proud to say that I have the Moobys funployee tag next to my Bluntman and Chronic in-action figures on my bookshelf; the mooby cup is next to Batman, Supes and my 13'' Hulk icon figure and as for the hat, it's giong on my wall once i find a nail. :crazed:

I watched part of the flick today during lunch. I'm backed up on movies, so it gets kicked back to later in the week/weekend. Should be a good time and i really can't wait to watch the making of doc and the bloopers. Bloopers in Smith movies are always a treat. :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
picked up a copy today as a christmas gift. i'll be getting one of my own later in the week.

Rocketboy
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
I had the Mooby set in my hand for a while but just couldn't bring myself to get it, so I just grabbed the regular edition. It's awesome, but it would have been just another thing sitting around the house collecting dust.

Tycho
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I support Rocketboy's decision. In the end, so many of us here are "pack-rats." This is a website dedicated to the occupation, LOL.

I've now become very select as to what I add to my personal pile of crap. Yeah, even my Masterpiece Starscream or Master Replicas Darth Maul lightsaber are things "Josh" could live without - but don't tell Tycho!