PDA

View Full Version : Misc. 70's and 80's TOY GOODNESS!

Deoxyribonucleic
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I found this site while looking for pictures of vintage star wars toys from old Sears catalogues...GREAT to browse if you've not much to do plus check out the second link (which also came from the retro site) on the recall of the Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper toy...the reason we never got a rocket firing boba as kids :(

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml79/79001.html

Make sure to hit the read more link from most dangerous toys; battlestar galactica... scroll down and you can see the boy's death certificate :ermm: Cause of death mentions "star wars toy put into mouth; missle ejected into bronchial area..." And last, make sure to read the excerpt of the legal suit...I can't believe that legalese is only about 30 years old! Seems like it came from the dark ages BWAH?!

Ji'dai
08-29-2004, 08:52 PM
It says the poor kid died on Dec 31. He probably got the ship for Christmas then. I watched that show every week, but I never did get any Battlestar Galactica ships. I do have all the vintage figures though still MOC, except for the Imperious Leader or whatever he was called. He was the only one I opened for some reason.

"The Most Gruesome Toy" is pretty interesting to read too. But those Aurora model kits are pretty tame compared to what McFarlane puts out today.

stillakid
08-29-2004, 09:55 PM
I had that Viper and my brother got the Cylon Raider. Or it was the other way around. Anyway, we all lived! :D

Slicker
08-29-2004, 09:59 PM
I had that Viper and my brother got the Cylon Raider. Or it was the other way around. Anyway, we all lived! :DAnd we're all the better for it. Imagine what these forums would be like without you posting. Everybody would peace loving and there would be no one around to do the Prequel bashing that everyone else is afraid to do. Just imagine threads about how much people like AOTC, it sends a shiver up my spine.

stillakid
08-30-2004, 12:19 AM
And we're all the better for it. Imagine what these forums would be like without you posting. Everybody would peace loving and there would be no one around to do the Prequel bashing that everyone else is afraid to do. Just imagine threads about how much people like AOTC, it sends a shiver up my spine.

Nah. It may seem like I'm the only one at times, but as much as some of the Lucas-ites like to whine about me, there are plenty of other free-thinkers roaming the streets of SSG Towne. :) If not me, then they'd bash somebody else to protect their idol ( :beard: ).