PDA

View Full Version : Holographic Emperor!!!!

Val Da Car
08-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Boo YEA

link from shop.starwars.com
http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=453

HyperSpace members only!

I want this one....and I will open it...how about you.

B'Omarr Monkey
08-31-2004, 10:17 PM
It's not the giant head that many of us were hoping for, but nice enough in it's own way.

If any Hyperspace members could snag one of these for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. PM me and let me know. Thanks.

darthzirock
08-31-2004, 11:02 PM
HyperSpace members only!
Probably only for another day or two. The pre-order limit is 3.

I want this one....and I will open it...how about you?
Oh yes, I'm an opener. Granted, I have ordered two: one to open, one to keep carded.

jeffonthego
09-01-2004, 02:41 AM
A bit baffled as to why this is exciting - how this hologram Emperor different from the previous version?

Wouldn't a giant head have gone better with the Vadar ESB chamber from a few years ago?

Just curious . . .

jonthejedi
09-01-2004, 04:48 AM
I was able to order the Silver Saga Sandtrooper...but I can't order the Holographic Emperor...what gives!!!???I don't have Hyperspace.com access, but I thought my earlier renewal this year(before all this Hyperspace business) still made me a Star Wars Fan Club member. I confused.

dindae
09-01-2004, 08:29 AM
You have to be a Hyperspace member to order the Emporer right now.

JEDIpartner
09-01-2004, 08:39 AM
I ordered mine this morning.

AmanaMatt
09-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Only $10.99.....what a deal!

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-01-2004, 10:10 AM
If anyone is picking up any extras for sale please PM me, I would love one.

TheDarthVader
09-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Its times like these that I am glad to be a hyperspace member. I just put my order in for the Holographic Emperor from ESB!! I can't wait to get this figure! I love exclusives...they have never bothered me. This figure looks fantastic. I believe it'll be a great addition to my collection...and yours! :D It even comes with a star case! Hahahahahaha!

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2004, 04:44 PM
It comes with a star case? I didn't know that. I'm in the process of ordering one right now. Even though it's not exactly like the one in ESB, it's still pretty damn cool. And good for anyone who missed out on the holo Darth Sidious from TPM.

jedi master sal
09-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I can't fraggin' log on! I've been trying all day! I'm currently and have been for awhile now a member of Hyperspace. This is very friggin' frustrating!
I just hope they're not all gone before I get to order 2. That's all I want. I'm not greedy, but I should be able to place a stinking order.

Fuming mad at the system,
-Sal

TheDarthVader
09-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Yes, when I ordered it says "comes with star case!". That is pretty cool I guess.

Sal, make sure you're using your StarWarsShop name and password not your hyperspace name and password. That is what I used...starwarsshop password. Sorry if this doesn't help.

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
09-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm opening one and keeping the other on card. I was a little worried that this figure might completely suck, but it doesn't. Nice surprise!

lemleytwins
09-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Is anyone else concerned with ordering a figure from getrippedoff@starwars.com with the fiasco of the silver sandtrooper? Even after the letter went out saying they would package them better, mine came bend and looked like a 3 year old packed it. I feel they should ship it to you in mint condition, especailly when you are paying twice the normal cost for a figure. They did pay for fed ex to pick it up and ship it back to them, but I have not heard yet if they are going to replace it or just refund my money. What luck have other had with them?

aceguide
09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
I placed my order. I am looking forward to the figure.

Every order I've placed through the fan cloub has been packed extremely well and arrived mint - which is perfect for when I tear it open!

Ji'dai
09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Hmm, even the old man's cane is translucent plastic. I'm not a Hyperspace member but I think $11 each is pretty steep. I have the Ep.1 Holo Sidious which I think looks better than this one.

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:15 AM
I wish it was a VOTC Emperor, but i ordered it anyway.

Hellboy
09-07-2004, 08:41 PM
So is there still no word as to if these will be made available at some point to regular Fan Club members who haven't subscribed to Hyperspace? :confused:

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-05-2004, 08:24 AM
I just got my shipping confirmation today and a tracking number. Anyone else get theirs?

bobafett07728
10-05-2004, 08:48 AM
I also recieved my shipping/tracking information via email this morning. Can't wait to get the package!!!! :D

JEDIpartner
10-05-2004, 09:07 AM
So is there still no word as to if these will be made available at some point to regular Fan Club members who haven't subscribed to Hyperspace? :confused:
It's available now.

ronhudy
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Got my tracking # today too...

AmanaMatt
10-05-2004, 10:39 AM
I should get mine soon - man, this company is slow.

Dark Marble
10-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I got mine this morning as well, what a nice suprise. :)

jonthejedi
10-05-2004, 04:11 PM
My two are supposed to arrive Friday(10/8). Can't wait.

Slicker
10-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Does anybody know how limited the run is and when the end date for sale is? Money is kinda tight right now and I don't want to shop ebay because they stopped selling right before I get paid. Thanks in advance.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2004, 05:20 PM
I got an e-mail, but when I clicked on it it said I couldn't open it for some reason. My other e-mail worked fine . . . hmm . . .

Hellboy
10-05-2004, 06:37 PM
It's available now.

Thanks JP ;) JJB actually started a seperate thread notifying us when they became available to the Fan Club so I ordered mine then.

I too received my confirmation # today, now I just hope that at least one of the 4 I ordered arrives mint. Based on past experiences with these guys I could be setting myself up for disappointment though. :rolleyes:

DarthQuack
10-05-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna order mine on Thursday, aka payday :) I may just order one.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
They better come mint, I believe they come in a starcase.........anyone know for a fact?

Hellboy
10-06-2004, 01:39 PM
WOW I am seriously impressed!! :sur: Not only did I receive my Holo Emperors today but they were all individually bubble wrapped in Star Cases and packed into a very large box filled with popcorn. All 4 are minty fresh and I couldn't be happier, way to go StarWarsShop.com. :D

bobafett07728
10-06-2004, 02:02 PM
SWEET!!!! :D

Maybe I'll have a package full of surprises when I get home from work!!! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Maybe they're finally learning, after all those banged up silver sandtroopers!

I still don't have mine, but I thought it was cool how this figure's name is actually Emperor Palpatine (Executor Transmission). They should've named the other figures in the OTC like this.

AmanaMatt
10-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Ok, I received both my tracking number email AND my Emperor package today....not much warning on the box arriving, but no biggie; like others have stated, my fig was packaged in the star case covered with bubble wrap and then covered in a popcorn filled box - WOW! This is my first (direct) experience with the Star Wars shop, so all-in-all, I am very happy with the quality of the shipment.

As for the fig, well, I am keeping just my one carded - overall, pretty darn cool given the fig this was molded from - the OTC look just rocks, so that really goes a long way in my book.

dindae
10-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Got mine today and the condition was great. I would easily pay for the star cases if it meant that the figures would come in this good of condition.

jonthejedi
10-09-2004, 04:49 AM
I got mine yesterday, too, and for the most part...I was pleased. Both figure blisters inside the starcases had some little dinges on the sides, but nothing too major. I only wish Hasbro would have posed the Emperor facing forward more.

Val Da Car
10-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Got mine and whoa...sweet..

I have the VOTC vader kneeling before the Holo Emperor at my desk in the office.

ronhudy
10-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Got mine and whoa...sweet..

I have the VOTC vader kneeling before the Holo Emperor at my desk in the office.

That's a cool way to display it! I think I'm giving mine to my son to hang on his wall. My kids are 8 and 9 - they used to share a bedroom, but this past summer while they were on a trip with my wife, I painted and decorated separate rooms for them. My older son has the whole Star Wars thing goin' on in his room. I hung over 100 carded figures ranging from Red Card POTF2 to current figs at the top edge of the wall, creating a border around the room of carded figures. There's also some loose displays and posters and stuff...it looks pretty cool - I'll have to post some pics sometime...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2004, 07:05 PM
I got my Emperor today. I think it's pretty cool. I just figured the Star Case would be a normal case, but it's actually . . . well, a Star Case. Since I opened it I think I'll give the Star Case to either Silver Vader or Jorg Sacul.