PDA

View Full Version : Midwest MN/WI

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Vortex
01-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Yea, still driving the p.o.s. winter beater.

Val Da Car
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
RX-8....sweet ride....I am stuck with a econ friendly 2k5 CiviC LX 2dr Sp Ed. (custom rims, spoiler, 6 disc MP3 player). 30/36 mpg

Trying to save coin for more figures and I should have got the same car as the EX that was right next to it when I was deciding between both cars...(sunroof and DOHC engine 28 / 32 mpg) but then again I did get couple of speeding tickets in the old Odyssey minivan within 6 weeks a couple of years ago.

Other than that is has been dry except for a spare Chewie but once again no HOTH at the stores.

Vortex
01-18-2006, 10:25 PM
That's not too bad of a ride...but custom rims? That must have been some big coin there.

I've got stock rims for summer and I've got the old simple 5 spoke for the winter tires.

The 8 is my baby, and I jokingly call it the old metro on 'roids.

Val Da Car
01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Here is a quick picture of one that is similar (no bra or moonroof) but the RIMS baby...the rims...plus the dealer agreed to Invoice.

I was trading in a 1991 Ponitac 2dr Gran Prx.

OH and mine is black.

Vortex
01-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Pretty slick ride.

Those rims are nice...

I've got pix of the 8 on this forum don't have time to back track them, but they're on here.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Man, both are very sweet...........doubt Ill be getting any speeding tickets in my my box of a Jeep

Vortex
01-19-2006, 08:36 AM
What, couple of weeks and you'll be tricking out the jeep. Hell I got speeding tickets in the old metro...its possible.

Val Da Car
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
The Jeep has Clearance...Clarence.....

My Sister in Law has one and I understand the love for those devices.....ain't a car or a Truck so there!.

But I digress...back to SW collecting....hit 1 Target today and got a 500 pcs poker set for 14.98....might pick up a game or two, now.

Saw a Leia Boushh with an Amidala Holo...left it....got one already...but you never know.

bobafrett
01-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I know this isn't along the "action figures" area, but today I picked up the DVD Star Wars trivia game for $15.00! Originally it was almost $50. Found another Veers too! Gonna open him up, gonna open him up.

Vortex
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Cripes the hoth wave is out? I just seen the 1st wave...

Still waiting for the commandos...(rocking like rainman would) gotta get commandos....

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Saw the entire Hoth wave yesterday.....didnt pick any up at the 6.99 price point.........I dunno, they look sweet but 7 bucks? I might go back and see if they still have the power droid, it was the only one on 4 full pegs.....

Val Da Car
01-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Saw Hoth.....got it....

Saw the weather radar..got snow..

bobafrett
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey Val Da Car, it's a snowing here in the Chicagoland area too! Probably the same system that is hitting you at the moment.

Val Da Car
01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
I live near the lake here in Wi and I think we got some extra "Lake Effect"

Hey, I could take my AT AT outside and play Hoth Scene from ESB like when I was a kid.....and never find a blaster again.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-21-2006, 07:11 AM
No snow here yet, buts its insanely cold. Well, probably not, but definitely not what it has been.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Oh BTW, Im looking for at least 2 VOTC Stormtroopers, preferably loose. If anyone can help me out let me know, I would be more than happy to find new saga or just pay straight up.

Vortex
01-21-2006, 08:27 AM
2 stormies, I'll check. I probably don't have extra, but let me do some searching.

Val Da Car
01-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I still have about 4 to 6 spares...so if TJ can't help let me know.

I never got to open them and I have so many OTC Stormies that the VOTC are just a little too nice to open..

Val Da Car
01-21-2006, 09:03 AM
No snow here yet, buts its insanely cold. Well, probably not, but definitely not what it has been.

yea for da peeps in MN....the storm cut across Chicago, Northern ILL and SE Wis.

for example..

Milwaukee, WI 5"

Racine, WI (by me with lake effect 6" to 8")

Kenosha, WI 7"

Chicago (offically) 3" to 5"

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah......snow is the worst:mad:

Vortex
01-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Sorry buddy no luck on my end. Might wanna take Val up on his offer.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks anyways

So what do you have VDC?

Val Da Car
01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I have not gotten to open them yet...still arranging shelves.

So they are yours for the picking...all minty fresh.

I will take trades or retail...neither bothers me.

PM and we will work out the details.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
My bad,,,,,,,,PMed

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I am also putting out a call for the standing Hoth Vader. I would like a couple, I have a few friends who are also interested. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Nate

Val Da Car
01-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Found the Hoth Wave tonight...No Vader No Gonk....btw the Snowtrooper looks like dung.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-25-2006, 07:53 AM
No doubt, the only ones I have bought are Veers and the AT Driver.

Val Da Car
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I did see the AT AT Driver, Bren, Veers, two R2's, Snowtroopers on the pegs.

Vortex
01-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I nabbed the hoth wave a few days ago. Like you, there were no Vaders or Power droids to be found. Only found one AT-AT driver and the pegs were semi-full.

I wonder what's up.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Wandered into a KMart for the first time in a while and found 2 Tac Ops Troopers. Still waitin for the Geo wave.

Not only is my TRU closing, but so are the Sam Goody and Suncoast. Where the heck am I going to get my Bust-Ups now?!

Vortex
02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear about that. I thought for sure that the stuff in duluth would stay open. There's not much up there or near there for shopping...

Well better start looking on line.

Its pretty slow down in the cities too.

Val Da Car
02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Dry as a bone in the stores....

snow / rain / sleet on the streets.

Vortex
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I was at Target and TRU on Sunday and there's power droids and bibs as far as the eye can see...ahhh the sweet winter smell of peg warmers.

Val Da Car
02-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Hit Target in the snow yesterday....it hit back with an empty peg!

Vortex
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Doah...that's the worst feeling ever.

I went to the Target HQ downtown here, and it was nothing but leia. They had two of the large titanium series (tri-droid and ARC fighter) but that's was it...outside of dust on the pegs.

Val Da Car
02-18-2006, 10:41 AM
A fellow collector just hit a Target in SE Wis and found the remnants of the wave....5 Poggels and 4 Yodas were the only new items on the shelfs.

Dang

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Everytime I check aroung here I am greated by the same old person...

"Dey wanna wunga"

"Hey Bib"

I think stores are holding out.

Although last time I was at Shopko the had tons of Vader and Luke FX sabers on clearance for 80 bucks, I might stop back and see whats left.

Val Da Car
02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I stumbled into a another Target to find Poggle & Sun Fac and Boba fett from the Geo wave...got Sun Fac.....left considering ordering cases from EE at this point

Vortex
02-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Yup its getting time to hit up EE. I had to do that after all the movie years and the down times.

I remember many targets, walmarts and TRU's in the cities that didn't carry star wars after the movies disapeared from the theaters.

I used to split cases with a friend, but he's done collecting and I'm on a budget these days. Darn wife and her shoes...

Val Da Car
02-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Another Lunch at Target...

3 Poggles, 3 Sun Facs & 4 Yoda's.

Dang still no Scorches....maybe trades with ppl may work out...hopefully..

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Still havent found anything new, but I did buy my friend Ortolan a new house, he seems to dig it.
AL
I went in to my TRU and they are only open for 5 more days.....all thats left are about 30 Vader helmets but i did manage to get something else thats pretty good. The hanging aisle signs always caught my attention, I dont know why, but I asked one of the employees if the word magnets were for sale. She said "Man, thats desperate. You can have them if you can get them down....." After a quick boost I have two sweet new magnets. RIP TRU.

Oh yeah, I did get SW Trivial Pursuit on clearance for 12 bucks at Shopko.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Sweet. I always liked those signs.

Vortex
02-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Too funny. Should have asked for some pegs you can relive the hunt in the privacy of your own home. And saved yourself some time driving around by just having empty pegs in your room as a reminder.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Thats ricj TJ, too funny.

Vortex
02-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Well that's sometimes the best way to remember a TRU experience...empty pegs.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah sure, everyday when i wake up and stumble outside the bedroom I can see empty shelve I can start out the day with a good hearty
"Son of a #$%..."

Vortex
02-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Might as well. You'll save gas tripping down to Cloquet or over into Soup Town looking for figs.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Well that's sometimes the best way to remember a TRU experience...empty pegs.

That or buy 27 Zuttons and put em on the pegs

Vortex
02-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Ahh Big Z. Might as well toss in a few Duros and some bespin guards and your home will feel like a TRU.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Yeah now that after how many years they are on clearance, since the store is closing and all.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Found Poggle and Sun Fac but no others, didnt buy em. Another day late.

bobafrett
02-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Found Poggle and Sun Fac but no others, didnt buy em. Another day late.

Same here, I had two days off, and no car running, so I only found the same two, plus Yoda, and they were all gone by that afternoon. My toy department manager told me we have some more coming in, but didn't know which ones they would be.

Val Da Car
03-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I went the wrong direction....Stores to the North and South of me.

Went south in the morning to get my taxes and WM - empty and Target did have the new Die Cast wave of Titaniums.

Went South last night at 9pm and WM just had Geo left overs (C3p0, Poggle, Sun Fac) and Target only had the Naboo ship....

Oh Well...I only owe $94 in taxes so not bad...

Vortex
03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
The only figure I'm missing is the one I most want Scorch...I know that commando was a big hit, but seriously...how many kids want to make their own Delta squad...

One day he will be mine...4 times over.

Val Da Car
03-06-2006, 07:44 PM
TRU nothing New - Meena Tills Mega packs
Target - New Titanimums (2 cases out in 3 days) OUTSTANDING
WM - Dry as a bone

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-07-2006, 08:00 AM
still havent found anything. nothing up here, nothing at roseville mall or target, and the mall of america, ha! i did find a hoth r2 though, but it was 9.96. pass. this just isnt fair.

Kidhuman
03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Where the hell is charging 10 bucks for figures?

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-07-2006, 09:12 AM
The only place even CLOSE to a toy store in the Mall of America. TF's were 20, ROTS Unleashed were 25, DLX were 16, and I think GH were almost 9.

So lame.

Kidhuman
03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
I would say so. During EP1 I paid 10 bucks for the 4th Battle Droid variation because I couldnt find him anywhere. It was at a stand alone mom and pop toy store

Val Da Car
03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
still havent found anything. nothing up here, nothing at roseville mall or target, and the mall of america, ha! i did find a hoth r2 though, but it was 9.96. pass. this just isnt fair.

Dude....If you want the Hoth R2, I will HOOK U UP!!!

I got one...and wasn't sure....heck I am not even sure about the Mail In Certificate figures ($15 at WM near work) but since they are the same (essentially) I will certainly toss it your way for all the hard work/trades you have done.

Vortex
03-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Rebo,

for those odd times you make it down to the cities or out toward the MOA. There's a TRU that's just west of the MOA. 494 and 35W right next to a comic shop and target. If you go a little more west you'll run into a wal-mart.

The TRU in roseville is gone, and the only source out there is Source Comics on Larpenture and Snelling (south of the mall) and Target. There's a comic/toy store near by to the north, but stay away from that place...too much $$$ for the new stuff.

next time you come down let me know and I'll give you more places to check out.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
VDC - Thanks, but I didnt really want it that bad. I just wanted something so I could say the day wasnt a complete waste. But it was. Oh well. Thanks though, I appreciate it!

Tj- I dont think I have ever found anything good down there, maybe once or twice. Everything is so bone dry its crazy. At least I got to take a trip back to my childhood and go down the Paul Bunyan Log Chute, hahaha.

Vortex
03-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Yea its too bad the theme park in Brainerd is gone. I used to play there as a kid. It was always something I wanted to do when I'd go visit the grandparents.

Val Da Car
03-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Crumbs!!!

I understand two Targets in SE Wis got the Cody wave in today?!??!?!?!?

Now I know how Charleton Heston felt at the end of the Planet of the Apes movie.

You DANG DIRTY APES!!!!

Vortex
03-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Bummer dude.

The Target in Eagan only has one peg left dedicated to the figs. The rest are unleashed, lightsabers and other crap.

Bib is left to guard everything, and that store is a dead peg on the vine...

Sorry you missed cody.

I think I'm going to have to start shopping on line.

Anyone heading to the comic con?

Val Da Car
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Some Mild success..and some of the ppl area here are nice...

I probably won't make it to SDCC but if the figures show up at sws I am all on that like gritts & gravy

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-25-2006, 07:55 AM
Found one orange clone, Jango, and the Nemo Pilot. Surprised to find the clone. Im going to Target right now (8:00) to see if they actually got anything or if they just filled the empty pegs with more Galactic Heroes, again.

Also got my Early bird. All in all its decent, I was surpised they came in a similar white tray rathe rthan in boxes though.

Ill definitely need a SDCC trooper as well, I hope they are on SW.com.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Holy #### the pegs were packed full!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately it was packed with the Hoth wave.:rolleyes: Target sucks.

Val Da Car
03-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Well..work has been insane-O...new director and finally after 6 months his method of management is out there for everyone to see. First week of only 40hrs but some days starting at 6am or ending at 5pm.

Which means no real chance to look for anything (except for the one day I left at 3pm and found only power droids at Walgreens) and found one Snowtrooper.

Well...maybe the months ahead will bring more figures to choose from.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I hear ya, Im currently working 70+ a week and the only time I really get to look for anything is late at night, but Im usually to dead to do so. The real world sucks:mad: lol

Vortex
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
well I just found the new grevious, nemo pilot, anakin, obi of the latest wave, but no cody and compay.

I did manage to get 4 commando's so one day I'll start painting up Delta squad.

Well I read the info on SirSteve jumping ship along with most of the crew here. Not sure if I'll jump ship with them or fade out into oblivion with this site, but if you guys are moving over I'll go too. But if not, its been a treat knowing you guys and maybe see ya on the flip side.

Todd

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Geez, how early did you have to get up to find those?! Hope they around here soon, Im turning green.

Ill probably move sites as well, but Im sure Ill be back here too, unless it turns into some craphole full of flamers.......

Hey BTW, did you ever sort through all the goods you want to get rid of? Or maybe you decided to hold on to them?

Vortex
03-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Got lucky at the Target HQ in downtown MLPS.

Went to lunch there today and snagged the few new figs. Also helps to have a friend who's something of a scalper do some footwork for you too.

Well I scope out both site and see how it goes...

As for the unloading...that sort of got put on hold with the house stuff, getting hitched...I sorted the stuff took and inventory and dished out a chunk to a local friend and his kid and the rest is still in tubs under the house in the crawl space...maybe one day I'll get it all sorted out.

Vortex
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, the old site it back, and I'll be around...put in a request for a name change also.

So you guys finding anything?

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Ive found most up through the H&V waves, except Scorch. Havent found any UGH figures. Got 2 sets of VTSC and am awaiting my stupid Lucas figure. I dunno, nothing too exciting..........but I did find this out:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1859008&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1859008

Vortex
05-20-2006, 09:03 AM
I found 2 Cody's after scorch and one holo ki, 2 flame grievous, but beyond that I haven't found junk.

I have 2 sets of vintage p.o.f. stickers waiting to be mailed out.

Its drier than a bone down here in the cities.

Cool snag with the cup. I think I still have a set or two of old 80's BK glasses at my folks house and those happy meal sticker books some place too. That plastic cup brought back some old memories.

Kidhuman
05-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Nice little negative there. I didnt read all the way through, did anyone find out what it is from?

Great to see you guys back.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey V, if theres anything your lookin for, there tons of it up here.....

Vortex
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Felt a little strange being unattached to Star Wars for a bit...but its actually sort of good to be back, sort of like the second phase of collecting in life, or collection 2...

Val Da Car
05-20-2006, 11:21 AM
TRU was a successful trip.

Gunships a plenty PM for some if you want and can't find any.

No date on the Hunt for Grevious set but I am in for some of us in the area.

In one night at WM I saw two different types of HW collectors, one was bad type, opening the HW boxes still on the pallet for the T-Hunt cars and the other guy asking permission with the stock person.

Both asked me which Unleashed were the "variants" or "Hot ones" and I said...neither...set of 3 different ones in a box that contained 9 Unleashed figures total. So they left the SW stuff alone but the nice guy found a SW H&V set and asked me if I wanted them. I Thanked him for finding the figures and once I saw that they were rehashes from Ep3, I passed on them.

But it was good to see nice collectors out there instead of all of the hatin' that goes on.....

That is what I missed the most about SSG being down, no harsh/rash judgements and nice people as a majority here instead of a minority at other forums.

:p

btw the H & V set has totally solidified me as an Army builder (within reason) instead a one of everything.

Val Da Car
05-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey V, if theres anything your lookin for, there tons of it up here.....

Which "V"

lol

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh for cryin out loud........anyone and everyone! I so love to be helpful:thumbsup:

Vortex
05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm guessing Val...

I'm making a Target, WM, and TRU run today...keeping my fingers crossed I find something...anything.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Nah, I meant you, but Ill help however I can.

Vortex
05-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Got it, let me know if you run into the New Hope Wave...

Val Da Car
05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Nah, I meant you, but Ill help however I can.

And he's good for it too!!!!

:thumbsup:

Vortex
05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Keep me posted if you run into any of the new unleashed.

Val Da Car
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Keep me posted if you run into any of the new unleashed.

All you looking for one specific Unleashed or all three?

Vortex
05-23-2006, 09:50 PM
At this point all 3, but after doing the check book, paying the mortgage, the wife's CE's course, I'll have to wait a bit.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Are Unleashed at Wal Mart only or are they everywhere? My two dont even have VTSC yet.....

Slicker
05-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Are Unleashed at Wal Mart only or are they everywhere? My two dont even have VTSC yet.....They're at WM for now...at least these 3 are.

I would assume the next waves will be at mass retailers.

Vortex
05-28-2006, 12:38 PM
The walmart down the road doesn't have junk...hasn't for a while now.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Found Tatooine wave except R5 and new unleashed (damaged as usual) Passed on all of them.

Vortex
06-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Better than I got down here. The shelves look pretty bad at the local stores.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Well I grabbed Luke and R5

Looking for Bust Ups since my Suncoast and Sam Goody closed.

Also looking to expand my vintage collection.

Overall I dont really feel obligated to buy all these ''new'' figures, which is pretty good on the wallet I guess.

Oh yeah, a great find - bought myself a new laptop.:lipsrsealed:

Vortex
06-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Sweet scores.

I just got back into country and I'm a little behind in getting stuff.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Sweet where did you go? If you dont mind me being curious.

Vortex
06-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I was over in Scotland for the last two weeks. Over in Dalkeith, Roslin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, etc. Seeing some friends and it was my delayed honeymoon until the wife was done teaching.

Good time, now I gotta pay it off.

The exchange rate was so bad. It was nearly 2 dollars to a pound. A meal at Subway cost roughly 20 bucks for two 6" subs...

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Man that sounds like an awesome trip, aside from the exchange. Welcome home!

Val Da Car
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Halo all...working hard...for some smart ppl and some morons.

I found the remnants of the Tat wave...some dude was all about the Sandtroopers.

Bastage.

R5 / Momaw / Hem but nothing more yet..but WM has been the place to be...it just blows to have to be there at pallet time to get figures.

Frickin' Scalpers.

(rant done.)

Vortex
06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
I seen some of the Tat wave tonight at Target. Only had 7 bucks on me, but I think they'll be around for a bit. The luke looks pretty funny.

But it is good to be back, and thanks for the welcome home message.

Val Da Car
07-01-2006, 07:52 PM
No new 3 3/4 at any of the regular stop and the Target markdowns have begun.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Saw the TF Falcon at both Walmarts, but Im not too into those. Im kinda holdin off on this stuff unless theres something really sweet, but who knows. I want to work om my vintage collection for a while.

Fianlly had the time to put the top down on the Jeep today, man did it feel good.:love:

Vortex
07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
I've picked off a few of the new Tat wave...still missing luke, R5, and the sandtrooper. Also picked up the overly expensive clone gunship with war paint on it. Its pretty cool, but definitly not worth the 45 its beeing sold at TRU.

Still looking for the unleashed figures also.

Its friggen slow...

Val Da Car
07-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Saw renants of the Geo wave (including a Cody but no Scorch).

If you need an unleashed set I have the Shock and Han to trade or whatever. Picked up a spare set and when the HW dudes were nearby a few weeks ago and been to tired to get back to WM.

Saw a Target with no less that 20 of the Senate battle.

Maybe I'll army build those when they hit $10 but at $16 no way for shelf warmers

Vortex
07-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Well I don't have much for trade fodder at this time. What were you looking for?

If you're willing to sell the unleashed let me know or if your looking for something specific I'll see if I can't track it down.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Its pretty lame up here too, Ive pretty much givin up on Saga2.

On a side note, I have my first art show next Saturday to finally see if I can sell some of my photography. We'll see, May the Force be with me.

Vortex
07-07-2006, 12:54 PM
You got any images on line? The wife and I are always looking for art for the house.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Once I get home Ill post some, its mostly North Shore/ Duluth stuff.

Vortex
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Yea lets see what you have, there might be a jewel in there.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Heres a few, nothing exciting, I just started the page.
http://scenicdrive.deviantart.com/scraps/

Val Da Car
07-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Well I don't have much for trade fodder at this time. What were you looking for?

If you're willing to sell the unleashed let me know or if your looking for something specific I'll see if I can't track it down.

I am good with reimbursement or if you want to trade but I would hope for something newer (Mace Windu/Darth Vader Jedi Fighters or some of the upcoming Death Star Troopers).

I have good feedback and let if know if these options are good for you.

Thanks

VDC

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
VDC=Great trader!

Val Da Car
07-08-2006, 11:04 PM
VDC=Great trader!

Thanks...that is why I put my traders in my sig line....
:whip:
;)

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-09-2006, 08:37 AM
So do I, jerk. JK hehehehe.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Heck yes, I just found Scorch at retail. I dont know why Im so happy about it, but whatever.

Val Da Car
07-09-2006, 01:03 PM
So do I, jerk. JK hehehehe.

I could not resist doing that.....I am so glad that everyone does have a sense of humor here!!!!

:thumbsup:

Vortex
07-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I am good with reimbursement or if you want to trade but I would hope for something newer (Mace Windu/Darth Vader Jedi Fighters or some of the upcoming Death Star Troopers).

I have good feedback and let if know if these options are good for you.

Thanks

VDC

Since I'm looking for those ships and figs too I'll keep my eyes open.

If you're up for cash I can do that too.

We'll work something out. I guess what would you rather do, hold off and see if I find stuff or take the cash?

Vortex
07-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Heres a few, nothing exciting, I just started the page.
http://scenicdrive.deviantart.com/scraps/

Nice. I'll show the wife and have a chat.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Wow, I did way better than I thought I would, I sold almost 3/4 of what I had. Gives me a little motivation to try something like this again. Not what I predicted at all.

Vortex
07-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey, way to go. You've got a hidden gift.

What's left of your stock? Do you still have the ship in the myst by the bridge?

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks

Yeah I can get everything:thumbsup:

Im planning on putting more on too, I just havent had much time yet.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Found UGH Obi Wan at shopko of all places today. And I was just thinking "Hmmmm, I only ever found 1 UGH figure" as I was driving there.......strange.

Val Da Car
07-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Found the remnants of the Endor wave at a Walmart near home.

Met a couple of other collectors and they were both nice and I also met a HW collector that thought Cheif Chirpa was the best looking figure of the set!

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Interesting........an HW collector that didnt act like a caveman........Ill be on the look out for one of those, and possibley the Endor wave.

Vortex
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I have to keep my eye out if stuff is starting to hit.

Val Da Car
07-19-2006, 09:59 PM
In the timing of these arrivals it was just about 3 wks ago for wave 5 and the date stamp on the Wave 6 figures is 128 = 1st or 2nd week of April.

Does anyone think we may see wave 7 or reshipping of Waves 5 & 6.

Vortex
07-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Hmmm...hard call on that. If the years past non-movie trend is anything to guage on, I'd have to say no.

The store's HQ pre-order all the cases and then dole them out to the various neighborhood stores. If SW ain't selling good or was cools down quick, their aren't going to see anything. If its hot, yea the stuff we'll get move there, but I don't see Hasbro re-shipping any of these waves. Especially when we've got a few more assortments and special things coming out later this year.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but the past says no.

Val Da Car
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Figures (ooh no pun intended)

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-23-2006, 07:00 AM
Found Gunner and Jerjerrod at Superior WM, and a ton of Unleased marked down to 12 clams.

Vortex
07-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I just got the endor wave. The gunner is by far the best one of that lot.

I'm actually excited for the rest of the year with the figs coming out. I can't wait for the Commando set and the DS conference room 7 set.

Also glad to see the galactic marine and airborn trooper on tap for next year. Here's to hoping 07 is a good one.

I'll have the car paid off and won't feel guilt about binging once in a while on toys.

Val Da Car
07-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Vortex,

Have you seen any Extras of the DS Gunner that you might be willing to trade with?

VDC

Vortex
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
I've only seen one in the wild so far and I snatched it up. If I see more, I'll grab a few extra.

Val Da Car
07-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Found 3 Vader X1 in new packaging and one Mace yesterday at Target by me.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
New packaging?!

Vortex
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Ahh the good old face lift and new paint job...even makes a rancor of a woman look good...

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Im confused, what are you guys talking about?

Val Da Car
07-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Im confused, what are you guys talking about?

Ya some vehicles are getting new packaging (Vader's X1) and Mace's is a new paint job on Jedi Starfighter (nice shiny Purple baby!!)

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, me entally retaded.

Picked up a few goodies today:

New radiator
New hoses
New t-stat
New oil pan
New performance headers
New brakes
New ball joints
New tie rods

The Jeep should really be in business now!

*BTW, the oil pan, yeah, that comes with a gasket. Schwing!

Vortex
07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I was making refernce to a really ugly woman getting a face lift and new make up to resell an average thing...*since that's what hasbro's been doing a lot of lately*

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I was making refernce to a really ugly woman getting a face lift and new make up to resell an average thing...*since that's what hasbro's been doing a lot of lately*

My brain was able to grasp that one, i just didnt know what the heck was coming in new packaging already. Im slow, my apologies.

Val Da Car
07-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Keep an eye out for VTSC, General Grevious & Skirmish in the Senate at Target. The clearances have a started. I need some of the VTSC with stickers to redeem for the George figure.

Will Trade or work out options.

Thanks

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-31-2006, 07:22 AM
Holy carp, dead thread.

Anyone found anything special in the last month? Found 2 more Scorches the other day, but thats about it.

Vortex
08-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Yea its been pretty quiet and ugly here in the cities. Targets and TRU have the few pegs flooded with greatest hits collection which is just turning into the greatest pegwarmer collection. There's a mess of R5-D4's, Hems, Hans, Lukes, Nemoidians, and junk on the pegs.

Its slow. I'm still waiting for luke's x-wing and the new walker to come out. My old walker, the chin gun lights never worked, and not to mention, I'd personally like another one.

Vortex
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Well the pegs are still pretty slim around here.

If you guys find or see any extra of the Mace's battle pack, grab two for me.

I have this bad feeling I won't be able to find this pack...given I haven't seen too many battle packs in the stores. There was a glut of the skirimish in the senate boxes, but even those are long gone.

I still haven't seen any extra death star gunners. I know I'd like a couple more myself, but that's a hard wave to track down.

Val Da Car
09-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I do chat with a nice older lady Mgr at WM near me. She will give me the heads up on stuff going on in the store and upcoming deliveries but I stop in at the right times.

I have a few DS Gunners I can spare (I meant to get 8 but now I have like 14 of them).

Found the White TRU Tie...not bad and I did get it.

Vortex
09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
At least your finding stuff...

Let me do some thinking about the DS gunners...I might be looking for two.

I just want a white tie so I can put it next to the dirty old school Tie I have.
Sweet find.

Vortex
09-11-2006, 12:36 PM
I found and picked off the new walker, lukes new swamp covered x-wing, and new color variant x-wing. 190 some odd bucks gone, just like that.

No new figs, just the new vehicles.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Unfair, I dont have a TRU any more.....

Ill be getting the new trilogy tonight at 12:01

Vortex
09-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I had to do some driving to find the stuff, but they only had 1 walker out, and only 4 ties. They had like 12 x-wings. All those big boxes barely fit in the 8...

Sadly I asked my wife for the trilogy for a wedding anniversary present, how bad is that.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Sounds pretty good. The WM set is pretty nice lookin.

Vortex
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure which set I'll get but I guess it really doesn't matter.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Something sick and twisted has happened as I have already found myself with the set from WM and Target, and I want those stupid tins from BB as well........and I just saw that if you get it at Circuit City that comes with something else............what the heck is going on?!!

Vortex
09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
ugh, falling into that marketing glut...

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2006, 07:03 PM
yeah so now i have 3 sets.......:cry: :confused: :sad: :whip: :mad: :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Damn RG, thats hilarious&

Vortex
09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
3 sets??? I guess its all about the swag.

Hey just hang onto them for a bit. Knowing my wife she'll buy the full screen versions...even after I ask her for the widescreens...women and technology don't mix. If you bought the widescreens, I might buy a set off of you.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
That would be sweet except I can only bring myself to open the ones from Target because they have the lamest packaging. Not funny KH.

Vortex
09-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Whoa, you ARE in deep aren't you.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-13-2006, 09:06 AM
...........................help me.............................

bobafrett
09-13-2006, 10:38 PM
'He is to far gone. The boy named Rebo's Guitarist, a twisted collector he has become...."

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, how are you guys?

Found a few Scorches a couple weeks ago and a lightning face Vader yeasterday. Ive pretty much given up on this stuff, being pretty picky about what I bring home. Nothing too exciting.

Vortex
10-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Well on the Star Wars front, I haven't seen anything new. Everyone is still pushing those greatest hits or peg warmers. Nothings been showing up at the comic shops either from scalpers or back roomers. Its very slow.

Last night my folks were in a major car accident. A truck being driven with 5 highly probable illegal mexicans, rear ended my folks at a high speed, sent them from the right lane, across the left, onto the embankment, flipped them over, and on the roof. The 5 fled the accident on foot and left the truck.

Luckly everyone is ok, but last night was a long night. We had to the family dog to the U of M vet cetner for x-rays and check up. He needed a few stitches in his back leg.

So I'll be helping take care of everyone for a while.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Man thats ridiculous......glad everyone is ok though.

Vortex
10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks.

It was a long night last night...

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Found the whole Endor, Naboo wave last night. Passed on all but Endor Luke. As always, LMK if anyone needs anything.

Vortex
10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Sweet. I've only found the new snowspeeder and Kits misspelled starfigher...

bobafrett
10-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Well on the Star Wars front, I haven't seen anything new. Everyone is still pushing those greatest hits or peg warmers. Nothings been showing up at the comic shops either from scalpers or back roomers. Its very slow.

Last night my folks were in a major car accident. A truck being driven with 5 highly probable illegal mexicans, rear ended my folks at a high speed, sent them from the right lane, across the left, onto the embankment, flipped them over, and on the roof. The 5 fled the accident on foot and left the truck.

Luckly everyone is ok, but last night was a long night. We had to the family dog to the U of M vet cetner for x-rays and check up. He needed a few stitches in his back leg.

So I'll be helping take care of everyone for a while.

Wow, I am so glad that everyone made it out of it okay. I am trying to teach my son to drive as he just got his learners permit. I also had my car hit in a parking lot many years back by some illegal mexicans. I had to pay the $500 deductable to get my car fixed, but I was lucky that no one was in my car.

Nothing new on the Star Wars front here in the Chicagoland area.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Last week I spun a time and a half on the 2 mile bridge going over to Superior from Duluth. Ended up backed up against the center wall. Luckily it was early enough that there was little traffic. In a vehicle with a short wheel base and 8'' of lift I was surprised/lucky I didnt flip. Hydroplaning = not fun. Glad we are all ok though:yes:

Vortex
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Good luck with the driving instructions.

Vortex
10-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Last week I spun a time and a half on the 2 mile bridge going over to Superior from Duluth. Ended up backed up against the center wall. Luckily it was early enough that there was little traffic. In a vehicle with a short wheel base and 8'' of lift I was surprised/lucky I didnt flip. Hydroplaning = not fun. Glad we are all ok though:yes:

Yikes, that's a nasty bridge anyway in winter or when the fog rolls in.

Good to hear you're ok.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Wally has a huge bin full of Endor/Naboo, and a bunch of other stuff. Nabbed 2 more Scorches and another Endor Luke to open. Ive found myself opening figures lately.........its just not like me......

Vortex
10-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Yesterday I snagged at 10 new figs, including the two styles of endor soldiers. So after dropping nearly a franklin, I'm glad we've got a little rest before the last few waves hit.

Val Da Car
10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Shopko of all places got in Naboo/Endor....
and onsale for $5.99.

btw I traded someone here two VOTC troopers......and I haven't gotten anything back yet.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!

Check will be in the mail tommorrow

Im sorry:sad:

*EDIT* No, checks are dumb. Can I Paypal you at this very second?

Vortex
10-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Shopko...wow, that's about as good as me finding the ebony and ivory endor soldiers at walgreens.

Val Da Car
10-24-2006, 05:47 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!

Check will be in the mail tommorrow

Im sorry:sad:

*EDIT* No, checks are dumb. Can I Paypal you at this very second?

Don't sweat it....It's ok....I just want going over my figures (actually trying to get stands for all of them from the old Hall of Fame Wave) for my Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers and I realized I had an odd number of VOTC and that how I arrived at that. Originally I did want to trade for some type of army builder so that is still on the table (at this time it would be Naboo or Endor troopers).

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-24-2006, 06:41 AM
I have plenty of both right now, except the black one. Tell me how many and Ill send em.:thumbsup:

Val Da Car
10-24-2006, 08:51 AM
I have plenty of both right now, except the black one. Tell me how many and Ill send em.:thumbsup:

Three should be fair trade...either combo naboo/Endor dude.

btw do you still need my address?

If so I can PM you my address.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Actaully yeah I do

Ill pick em up tonight, for certain.

Val Da Car
10-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I love my nearby TRU....I stopped in and asked about the TINS and the guy checks and goes "Yep there are four in the store"
and I said
"I have looked around the store and I don't see a shelf tag"
he says
"Then they are not out yet"
another employee goes
"Oh yeah we are a truck behind"

I smack my forehead. (D'OH) and go buy my Titaniums and pickup the free Cmdr Cody figure.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-25-2006, 07:15 AM
WHOAAAA!!!!!!!

Free Comander Cody figure?

I do need your addy too

Val Da Car
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Spend $19.99 in stuff and get your choice of free figure.

I bought two figures & two Titaniums and got Cody Free

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Not exclusive?

Val Da Car
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Not exclusive?

Nope just some leftovers from the Wave 9 revision with a SandTrooper/DSGunner and Utapau troopers.

PM sent

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-25-2006, 11:22 AM
Whew........

Vortex
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I still haven't seen the tins and I'm still not sure if I want to fork out that kind of $ for them. There's only a few figs in all the sets I want.

Ugh torn between repacks and saving $.

Val Da Car
10-27-2006, 01:28 PM
The only Tins I want is the Cantina Band

Vortex
10-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm after the red astromech, and the snowtrooper with the removable helmet and maybe the band, but beyond that, not overly interested.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
I doubt Ill get any, unless they are sweet. Im not sure Ill even find them. Ive been spending a lot of time on ebay looking for vintage items. This may be good or it may be bad.:cross-eye

Vortex
10-28-2006, 10:09 AM
I might wait to see if EE or some one blows them out at a discount too.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Got Vader FX at Shopko for $60

Val Da Car
10-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds like the Mace Windu Battle pack is hitting Target

Vortex
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Yea I heard that too.

I went down to the Target HQ today - nothing, was at Target on halloween nothing. Given the volumns of snowspeeder and the dusty pit pack gracing the shelves right now, I'm wondering if I'll see windu's squad.

If you find an extra grab one for me. I shouldn't go nuts over this pack, but dang if I don't want a few airborn troopers to trick out.

Val Da Car
11-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Well....I found one through a local hookup.

Mace (standard ROTS figure) with his soft goods cloak

Airborne Trooper (nice use of the Evo mold)

Troopers (another nice use of the ROTS #41 mold now with purple shoulder pads)

Great deal for $20.

Beats the Battle of the Senate pack and it is on par with Battle on Corusacant set from late last year.

Vortex
11-04-2006, 07:05 PM
(In the worst Kyp and Napolean accent)...LUCKY!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I just bought my C4 tickets:thumbsup:

Val Da Car
11-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I just bought my C4 tickets:thumbsup:

Outstanding work!!!

My vacation will be over Dec 21 to Dec 25 in Vegas with Mrs VDC and a couple of her family members.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Christmas in Vegas? Nice!

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Flashbacks to Vegas Vacation anyone?

Val Da Car
11-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Flashbacks to Vegas Vacation anyone?

Fortunately we will not driving the station wagon or picking up older aunts and her dog.

:yes:

Val Da Car
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Walmart is rocking by me...

They have about 40 cases of figures...in storage.

I hope it is some of the new waves but you never know..

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-09-2006, 08:00 AM
H&V and GB the day after Thanksgiving:thumbsup:

I have decided I am going to start cleaning out a lot of my modern figures to make more room for vintage and to get some extra cash for celebration.If anyone is interested I will post my list here first before they all go on eBay. I know I have a bunch of regular and exclusive clones I dont need, as well as a bunch of ROTS figures (who needs 6 Tarkins, seriously?). Just though I would give my MN and WI folks first call if interested.:)

Vortex
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Well I'll wait to see what gets posted. I might be interested in a thing or two...

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, heres my first tote -

ROTS
#5 Chewie x2
#11 Vader x 2
#23 Blue Guard x 3
#23 Red Guard x 2
#34 Black Pilot
#38 ATTE
#39 Polis Massan x2
#40 Mas Amedda
#45 Tarkin x3
#46 Ask Aak
#48 Elec R2 x2
#53 Utapaun Warrior
#54 ATRT
#55 Obi Wan Pilot x2
#56 Sentry
#65 501st x 4
#67 Holo Secura

Target Clone x 4
Target Shadow Trooper x3

Saga 2
Firespeeder Pilot x4
Cody x4
Veers
Lushros
Jango
ATAT Driver

PM if interested
Will trade for vintage goods:thumbsup:

Vortex
11-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll help ya out.

I'd be willing to buy

2 #65 501st.
2 Target Clones
1 shadow trooper

ATRT Driver
ATAT Driver

If you have the covert ops trooper, and the utapau shadow trooper I'd take 1 or 2 of those also.

Work up a price and let me know.

Vortex
11-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I found Mace's troopers on Sunday. Pretty sweet set so far. Seen the tins...need to give them some serious thought...

Like the idea some helmets are removable, but the price tag is the big kicker.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-20-2006, 08:36 PM
The only tin Ill be getting is the band member tin, if I see it. I have seen 0 so far.

Package will be shipped tomorrow.

Reserved a club room at the Millenium Biltmore LA
http://www.l-a-downtown-hotels.com/BiltmoreHome.html:thumbsup:

I cant wait to get the heck out of here, work is totally sucking it up:cross-eye

Vortex
11-21-2006, 12:22 PM
No worries...

Vortex
12-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Rebo, big thanks for the figs. Got them yesterday.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Fantastic.

Found the Modal Nodes yesterday, the only tin Im pickin up.

Hoping for the Imp. Shuttle for XMAS

Have been getting a ton of stuff off ebay, won a pearly white Luke Stormie and Lando General this morning. Cant wait till they get here.

Vortex
12-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I think the only "last of the vintage" figs I had was one of the ewoks, EV-9D9 and Lando General. My folks bought them for me at Feet Farm in Hudson WI a long time ago for an early xmas gift. Never seen them in any other store after that, and then poof they were gone.

I should try to finish off the vintage collection but my wallet can't afford some of those price tags for C-7's or 8's. I did snag a few from local comic shops, A-Wing pilot, Barada, Death Star Gunner, and maybe one or two more, but man, that get pricy.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah no doubt, my next one will hopefully be a nice pop up R2, but Ill take whatever I can find next. But hey, its cheaper than MOC, which I have exactly zero of.

Vortex
12-01-2006, 02:39 PM
yea, if I had MOC vintage, I would have cashed those out years ago or when I bought the wedding and engagment ring. I had enough from my 95-2004 sales of current stuff to pay for the rings outright.

MOC is insane these days.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah Im tryin to buy a house right now, hopefully some of my 95+ will help. Probably not if I complete my vintage collection:lipsrsealed:

Vortex
12-01-2006, 04:58 PM
good luck with that

Val Da Car
12-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah Im tryin to buy a house right now, hopefully some of my 95+ will help. Probably not if I complete my vintage collection:lipsrsealed:

Hello Boys!!!.

I miss this place....I need to stop in more often.

I did get the band also...

ttfn..

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey where you been?

Weeee....just got a vintage gunner and 12'' luke

Vortex
12-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Glad to see everyone survived one holiday...

Off to the comic shop and a few other places to see if I really really want any of the tins - if I can find any.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Glad to see everyone survived one holiday...

Off to the comic shop and a few other places to see if I really really want any of the tins - if I can find any.

Puke. If you want them for retail theres plenty here.

Vortex
12-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Ah misfire...

Going to the comic shop to get my comics, then to T or WM to look for the tins. I never buys "new" toys from the comic shops...

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Ahhhhh, good thing, I was like "Holy desperate Batman"......

Vortex
12-02-2006, 04:41 PM
didn't find a darn thing.

You forgot the word batman after holy desperate...

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Bought my pop up R2 today....gonna have to hold off on any more of the last 17 for a while.

We seem to have everything a plenty up here, except for the Paploo speederbike Titanium, which I really want...sooner or later...

Anyone else starting to feel the Christmas noose tightening?

Vortex
12-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Was out hunting today. No tin sets anywhere, the pegs are full of "The Best of the Peg Warmers" Collection and Obi's starfighter.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Impulse buy: Barada

Vortex
12-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Wow you ARE going after the last few aren't you.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah......need to stop till after the holidays.....

Val Da Car
12-07-2006, 06:54 AM
In Florida.....Got another Titanium right before my flight back to brrrr Milwaukee

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Florida? Lucky.......

Val Da Car
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Flew down Tues 8am.....came back Wed @ 10pm

I did get a 2hr lunch break but the 2 hour drive to the airport (20 miles) was payback enough.

Val Da Car
12-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Saw the 30th Anniversary wave of AAT; Hailfire & Sith Starfighter yesterdat at TRU.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Awaiting Han Carbonite and A-Wing Pilot. Only 7 left to go.

Vortex
12-12-2006, 08:42 AM
That was a short vintage break...

well you're doing good.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah I got those 2 plus another Luke Stormie for 150 shipped so its pretty good.

I think the only ones I need are:

EV-9D9
Dignitary
Amanaman
Romba
Paploo
Warok
Yak Face

Then I will have them all, but only about 1/2 are C9 complete, 1/4 C9 missing weapons, and the other 1/4 need to be replaced with C9 complete all together. Lots were from when I was younger. Still some work to do.

Havent seen anything new otherwise up here. Same old H&V bologna.

Vortex
12-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I hear ya about the old figs, mine were played with heavy and have seen a better day, but there's no way I'd replace them.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Ill find better ones, but Ill always keep my originals. Theres no better memory than getting a Vader case packed full for my 10th birthday, with 2 very different Sanggletooths....

Vortex
12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
sweet!!....

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Amanaman, another one bites the dust.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Awaiting my first vintage carded figure. ROTJ unpunched Darth Vader. Pretty excited.

Vortex
12-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Wholly smokes batman, you're on fire!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah I hope my first carded doesnt lead to a bazillion more.....right away anyways.....

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Got this bout 5 minutes ago:

Thanks for the auction and the fast payment. There was an accident last night. I was having my daughter bring the figure to package and my dog thought it was a toy and tripped her and the staff broke. I took it to work today and tried to repair it. I put a pin in it and glued it together but it is not a perfect repair. I can offer to refund all the money or I am sending you a picture of the staff now and if you are still interested you can make me an offer on it. I am really sorry about the ordeal. I have never had this happen before.

Thanks,

Well see what happens

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Ouch, sorry about that, at least he was honest and up front about it. Good luck with it.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Looks like Im getting a partial refund. Hate to think the only place I will find one is eBay though.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Uhhh.......Happy Holidays everyone?:yes:

Val Da Car
01-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Uhhh.......Happy Holidays everyone?:yes:

Happy Holidays to everyone...

Vortex
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Yea here's to a good star wars 07.

The year has started off pretty good, got most of the newest wave, only missing the blue stripy clone and I saw that the local target has all the tin sets at a little discount...might have to give in and buy them...still haven't seen the walmart band set.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Found the 3 comic packs, look pretty sweet. Still havent decided if I am going to get them, but probably.

Grabbed EV 9D9 last night, 3 more to go......

Vortex
01-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Sweet you should take photos of the finished collection.

I see one of the comic packs, it was open and I didn't want to buy something with missing parts. I have a hunch these will be peg warmers later.

I bought 3 of the 7 tins. I have Ep. IV, V, VI and I'm still hunting down I, II, III and the band. My local wal-mart is relocating shelves and all the SW stuff is MIA.