PDA

View Full Version : Midwest MN/WI

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-09-2007, 08:59 PM
I have plenty of the Modal Nodes up here, maybe a few of the prequels.

Heres a small taste of what I have gotten in the last few months...+my first 2 vintage carded figures

Kidhuman
01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Very nice RG, it seems Leia had too much wine at the Bespin Dinner

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Lando slipped her some spice....

Vortex
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I have plenty of the Modal Nodes up here, maybe a few of the prequels.

Heres a small taste of what I have gotten in the last few months...+my first 2 vintage carded figures

Yea if you happen to be a WM and see the Nodes or any of the prequels snag them for me.

The images look good.

Vortex
01-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Well seen the new/redeco'ed ships for 07 and picked up vaders black fighter. Its pretty cool. Passed on the tank and hailfire droid. The deco wasn't that good to pick them up again for the 2nd and what 3rd or 4th time for the tank?

Val Da Car
01-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Well seen the new/redeco'ed ships for 07 and picked up vaders black fighter. Its pretty cool. Passed on the tank and hailfire droid. The deco wasn't that good to pick them up again for the 2nd and what 3rd or 4th time for the tank?

2nd time for the Hailfire (CW was the 1st)

3rd time for the AAT (1st Ep1; 2nd was CW)

I like the repaints and for $20 it is a good deal.

I just noticed my GG Republic Commando Maquette shipped from SWshop.com

that will dent my 3 3/4 collecting for the 1st quarter

Vortex
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Much to my displeasure I had to cancel my Commando Maquette. When it said it was shipping Dec. 7th I had too many large bills and holiday shopping to do, so I dumped it. Now I regret it, but that 300+ is better put to a new stove.

I finally got the Nodes and the ep. I, II, and III tins so I'm good until the new battle packs start to hit Target. I think I'll only get the clone pack and the illum pack. The rest look like repacks and I'll save myself a few bucks.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I havent even been in the toy isle since before Christmas if I remember right. Feels good!

Val Da Car
01-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Much to my displeasure I had to cancel my Commando Maquette. When it said it was shipping Dec. 7th I had too many large bills and holiday shopping to do, so I dumped it. Now I regret it, but that 300+ is better put to a new stove.

I finally got the Nodes and the ep. I, II, and III tins so I'm good until the new battle packs start to hit Target. I think I'll only get the clone pack and the illum pack. The rest look like repacks and I'll save myself a few bucks.

Vortex, I completely agree, after binging on Bly & EVO's for the Felucia scene I can pass but I will want the Ilum

Vortex
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
My only big fear is finding the new stuff.

Spring and Summers are pretty bad for finding stuff here in the metro. Either stores didn't pre-order the sets or the summer help pilfers the stuff out of the back but more often times than not the new stuff is tough to find.

in 07 I'm going to be even more picky about what I pick up. I can only stand so many repaints or repacks.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, not really SW related, but Im buying a house!!

Vortex
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Way to go! I just hope the mortgage and insurance don't cut too deeply into your collecting habits...

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Its a duplex, so the rent from upstairs will cover about 3/4 the payment:thumbsup:

Vortex
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Props to you on that.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Congrats RG, wish you the best of luck. Whens the housewarming party?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
We dont close till the end of Febuary........but after that.....:lipsrsealed:

Val Da Car
02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Congrats on the house RG!!!

I found Holo Obi wan and my wife thought is sucked...

I almost agreed with her but my GG Rep Commando statue is much better.

Vortex
02-02-2007, 12:51 AM
go ahead and rub the commando maquette in...still wanted that thing...

Val Da Car
02-02-2007, 08:46 PM
go ahead and rub the commando maquette in...still wanted that thing...

NO Way you did not get them...bummer.

Well IF I think about changing my collecting habits I will let you know.

(I inspected them but they are back in the box for now).

Vortex
02-03-2007, 08:50 AM
With a tear in my eye I had to cancel my order...due to a dying stove. Eat or look at 4 commandos. I know what I wanted...my wife had other ideas.

If you're ever willing to part with it, let me know.

Val Da Car
02-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I truly understand that dilemma, having experienced similar events recently and in the past.

If that happens you are on top of the list.

I have seen the Obi Wan Maquette and had to choose between the two and I choose the Rep squad but I think I might change my mind back to the Obi Maquette.

Vortex
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Well if you do opt to have Obi, I can definitly give you some seed money for it since I should be getting a good tax return...and the wife and I might take some funny out of it for personal useage.

So, if buyers guilt gets too heavy for ya. I'll help with the issue.

Val Da Car
02-03-2007, 07:42 PM
I know with the Bitter cold no one would be out hunting but if any finds any of the Walmart wave I will sincerely appreciate any of them.

I missed my chance to search since I was since the past 8 days.

A little bronchitis/sinus infection dance in my chest/throat.

Vortex
02-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Yea given my local wal-marts, and contacts, I think that if I really want this wave - I'll have to buy on line. My wal-marts haven't restocked the shelves since xmas and I'm not holding out hope on that wave.

Vortex
02-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Well I struck it rich, but now I'm broke.

I found the orange star fighter and white tie at TRU this past weekend and stumbled upon the wal-mart wave. I bought all the new walmart exclusives but only really should have bought Sing and Mace's purple droid, who is rather cool and unique with their paint jobs. But the rest aren't anything to write home about.

Val Da Car
02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
If any finds any extra of the WM Wave I would be willing to trade or take them off you hands.

Working on Jabba Palace Diorama and Cantina Diorama and the droid would be neat to have.

Vortex
02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
If I run across anymore, I'll let you know.

I think I just got lucky that day.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Saw the WM minus the clones. Nothin too sweet.

Also, yesterday we decided not to buy the house. After an inspection we found the roof would have to be replaced within the next 5 years. There were 5 broken rafters and he said if we would have gotten the normal amount of snow this year that MN usually gets, it would have caved. No thank you.

Vortex
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
If any finds any extra of the WM Wave I would be willing to trade or take them off you hands.

Working on Jabba Palace Diorama and Cantina Diorama and the droid would be neat to have.

I found 70, 72, and 73 - Sing, Labria, & Kabe/Nabrund. If you need or want these let me know.

I'm still looking for: Obi-wan Holo, Clone Commander Appo, and Padme Geo.

If you don't have extras of these, we'll work something out if your interested.

Val Da Car
02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I found 70, 72, and 73 - Sing, Labria, & Kabe/Nabrund. If you need or want these let me know.

I'm still looking for: Obi-wan Holo, Clone Commander Appo, and Padme Geo.

If you don't have extras of these, we'll work something out if your interested.

I have been looking over the Padme Geo (2007) and I just got the Geonosian "Running" Padme (Saga 2002) and the Ilum attack and I think I like the old one better.

AND I would trade you my spare Appo for one.

Appo for Aurra
Padme for Kabe/Nabrund, if you want.

Thanks

VDC

Vortex
02-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Well I seen the padme last night...and I passed on her.

Tell ya what. If you want these 3 or 2 I'll send them your way for Appo and you can either owe me later with some TAC stuff or send paypal.

Whatever will work best for you.

Val Da Car
02-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Sorry about that ...you would think school one night a week wouldn't be bad but man...at least I am getting A's so far.

Vortex, do you still need the Appo and Holo Obi wan??

Vortex
02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Yea, still looking for Appo and Holo Wan...huh huh huh, hollow wan...reminds me of a bad bevis and butthead sketch.

Also a friend of mine snagged a purple mace droid, and when I get that (hopefully sometime this week) I'll pack it with the rest if your interested.

Val Da Car
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Yea, still looking for Appo and Holo Wan...huh huh huh, hollow wan...reminds me of a bad bevis and butthead sketch.

Also a friend of mine snagged a purple mace droid, and when I get that (hopefully sometime this week) I'll pack it with the rest if your interested.

Thank you very much.

Which Holo Obi did you want, I just looked and I have both versions.

Vortex
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Whichever one you want to part with. It doesn't matter to me, light, dark, same thing.

We'll fine tune the details when I get the purple droid.

Val Da Car
03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Whichever one you want to part with. It doesn't matter to me, light, dark, same thing.

We'll fine tune the details when I get the purple droid.

OK,

PM me your address so I can get the box ready..

Thanks again

Val Da Car
03-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Vortex,

I pm'd you and all of the Target have released the TAC (30th Anniversary) wave into the store stock (Stock room = Yes on the updated scanners) so you might be able to find them.

Some of the Targets near me have different Merch Mgrs with different attitudes but the street date of 3/25 might be for all toys in the back room until the Reset is complete.

ttfn

Val Da Car
03-23-2007, 08:43 PM
It's hit

Hasbro's major shipments to the area to Target (pegs are ready and waiting at some stores). Clearances have begun for the Ilum pack and I have not found the Aayla set on clearance yet.

WM has their exclusive already on the shelves but most of my local WM's got in 2 or 3 cases only.

oh well..

The SBD is neat but I still need to open a few...and get a few army builders picked up.

LMK if you anyone is looking for anything sans the McStormie (unless I get lucky tomorrow.

Vortex
03-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Right now the Target HQ downtown MPLS, and my locals stores have the pegs and shelves full of the last repaint collection. I don't know how or if they are going to clear anything out.

My walmart has about the smallest SW set up around and half the time its non-existant.

If anyone is out and runs across the speeder bike two pack, grab one for me.

The only thing I'm really after are the order 66 sets and an extra airborn and marine figure.

I might go poke around today a bit, but I have a hunch I won't find anything.

Vortex
03-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Well...didn't find junk today. My local stores still have the last repaint wave out and the pegs are full. I have no idea what's up around here.

I'm sure tomorrow or monday might be different.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Seen em all minus the McTrooper.

Vortex
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm just short the lava miner. My friend found me a McTrooper, but talk about scarce stuff.

The target right behind my house has zero 30th anniv. stuff. The TRU down the road was picked over, and the wal-mart in the area had 2 R2's, 8 Maces, and 2 full pegs worth of ruddy old obi wan.

Haven't seen any O 66 stuff, no new ships, and its kinda bumming me out.

Val Da Car
04-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Found remnants of wave 2 (han solo & rebel honor guard).
I will be looking for 4 of the DS Gunners myself.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Still nothing up here, there are a few I would like to get so I hope I can find them.

My new site is up, check 'er out

www.itwasreallysomethinginitsday.com (http://www.itwasreallysomethinginitsday.com)

Vortex
04-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Really...wow, wave 2 out.

I still have yet to see the WM stuff, the order 66 stuff or the sith ship. I found the v-wing but not the other.

I went to TRU yesterday and all the pegs were empty and they had a ton of endor walkers, x-wings and sabers but nothing new. Target had zilch and the SW section was moved to a tiny corner due to spider man junk.

Val Da Car
05-06-2007, 01:17 AM
After a physically and emotionally tough April, I have finally did my first Sat AM retail search.

Got two V Wings...very cool ships..no new 30th Anniversary figures and Titaniums are light.

Found a Colonial ONE...wtf..but no Pegasus..

Vortex
05-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Well I just hope everything turned out ok and life is getting back to normal.

I haven't really been out looking lately. I'm caught up with 30th ann. stuff, cept for the Sith Ship which I can't find, and with spring finally here I've been too busy doing yard work. Seem everywhere is a tad slow.

Val Da Car
05-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes,

Finally...all is better within reason. My Boss is still an idiot (new mgr; 3rd one in 20 months)

Well I found some of the New Titaniums. If you are still looking for the Lava Miner I can hook you up.

If anyone sees the BSG Pegasus I would really appreciate that.

I have a spare Order 66 set btw.

ttfn..

back to homework for class on Thursday night.

Vortex
05-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the boss(es)

Thanks for the offer on the lava miner but I found one a few months back.

I have one set of O 66, and since I just bought a Wii and a few controllers and 2 games I'm a little tapped on the funny money and I'll have to pass, thanks though.

I should actually be watching what I buy, since last week a co-worker retired at age 40 and the boss suddenly was hit with the fact that he's very near retirement and health issues age and when he goes the office closes so I should watch the $$$ even though I figure I've got a min of 5 years of work, but you never know. So I've been doctoring up my resume and doing a lot of searching on line.

But once this pending dread passes and I get the Wii bill paided off I just might be asking about the O 66 set.

Vortex
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey if any of you run into the "red" sandpeople in that bantha pack, let me know. I can't believe is 45 bucks though. I recall when the bantha 1st came out it was what 20 bucks?

In any case if you run into extras, let me know.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey if any of you run into the "red" sandpeople in that bantha pack, let me know. I can't believe is 45 bucks though. I recall when the bantha 1st came out it was what 20 bucks?

In any case if you run into extras, let me know.

Where is this available?

Found Wave 2 finally. I got my McQ Boba, still lookin for the Stormie.

Vortex
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Its a TRU thing.

I sound a slug of bantha's but they are all the normal tan version. I'm still not sure I want to part with 45.00 bucks for that set yet, but if you see any, just let me know.

Val Da Car
05-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I just saw a Red Bantha late yesterday at my TRU.

and Wave 2 on the shelf..

Vortex
05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm still looking locally, but if they hit markdown, let me know.

Val Da Car
05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I order the C4 Luke from Hasbrotoyshop and the C4 McQ R2 & C3 from Toyrocket.com...since I could not make it to the convention

Vortex
05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
I wasn't sure if either one was going to be offered online or later so I hopped on ebay early (1st day of the show) and bought both before the prices when nuts.

Paid more than what was asked on those two sites, but when I checked hasbro, they were sold out and had site problems. Oh well...at least I have them in mail heading my way.

Val Da Car
06-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I double ordered the C4 Luke with and without the code, so if anyone wants one PM me.

I also saw the Saga Legends today (same Target SKU) as Saga. That will be wierd but I figure with the TF stuff out it will be interesting to get SW stuff this month but oh well.

I am off to travel for work from Tues to Sat so I will post once I get back.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Im back.

I have 2 extra droids sets. I didnt really feel it was neccessary to get the 10 I was able to. Weird feeling.

Vortex
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Did you go to CIV?

I just got 3 of the newest wave, luke, the jawa and the stormie. Still trying to hunt down the red tuskin...

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah I did, was awesome.

Vortex
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
You're just a little celebration junkie aren't you?

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, it was a good time. I enjoyed 3 better, and if 5 is for Episode one I wont be going. Its a good time though, should try it sometime:thumbsup:

Vortex
06-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Not overly big on conventions. I've got to some local comic/toy conventions here and its just something I never really got into.

I was actually amazed they did one this year, I wonder if attendance was up or down from last year or from the movie years.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
It seemed like less people, but it was a bigger facility, and I was only there for 3 days. The first was Fan Club only, whcich was actually really nice with a lot less people.

Also picked up the Model Nodes Bust-Up set from Shinders in Roseville on the way to a grad party.

Guy working had Peter Mayhews autograph tatooed on his arm and said that when he dies it is in his will that the piece of his arm will be cut off, taxedermied, and auctioned of for charity............#####in creepy peabody......

Vortex
06-13-2007, 09:10 AM
cripes, how freaking twisted is that...well some people always take the extreme road...geeze, now I got the chills.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I dont know what was scarier: That guy or the fact that they have and orange carded Lando for $15.....

Vortex
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
That truely is scarry, but its CA prices for ya. Its the west coast NY with more hippys, everything costs 3 times what it should.

Val Da Car
06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi, I found so fo the Wave 3 figures (most infact sans the McChewie).
Not sure if I want him but I will decide when I see him.

Vortex
06-16-2007, 07:45 PM
The pegs around here are dried up just like the grass.

I only found luke, the jawa and stormie. If you have extra's let me know.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Here here. Im looking for McChewie and still McStormie. What wave is Droids Fett in? I desperately want him too. I have just taken on my second store so I dont really have much time for to look for these, and when I do it seems like I just miss them by an hour or two.......

Good news, on Tuesday my basic vintage collection will be complete:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
06-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Fett is/was in wave 2, so you missed all three of them so far. You might still find a Chewie since wave 3 is shipping.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I have the concept Fett, I need the Droids Fett. The one with the large tuning fork.

Kidhuman
06-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh, the animated one is in wave 4, it is the Holidat Special figure of him,

Vortex
06-18-2007, 12:08 PM
You finished off the vintage collection eh? Good for you, how much did it finally set you back?

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
You finished off the vintage collection eh? Good for you, how much did it finally set you back?

I didnt really keep track, but the last 17 were roughly ~780, with lucking out by finding a half complete Lumat at an antique shop for $6 and getting Lando General in a lot for $10. Most of the rest of my collection were less than $15, with a few exceptions.

I have been working on putting together my toy room and here are a few previews.....also a pretty sweet ad I picked up a while ago.

Ah, I also picked up my McStormie at Target:love:

Vortex
06-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Wow quite the set up. Nice.

Val Da Car
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
found the remnants of wave 3. UTINNI !!!!!!!

Vortex
06-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Way to go. I'm still missing concept chewie, Vader and biggs...one of these days...

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I just caught up on my concepts, and completed my 12'' vintage collection minus a few accessories. Im considering the new VOTC since they are on clearance, but I dunno. I have seen everything available thus far.

Val Da Car
07-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, on a personal note, I gave notice at work on July 2 and spent the past two weeks training 3 ppl to do my job.

Now I am free and after 7 yrs at the same place, I am setting my sails on my future and 18 hr days are over...

I missed the Wave 3 (again) but this time I did get some of the New Stormies.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh wow, didnt you just make a pretty big move up? Good luck to you, what are your plans now?

Vortex
07-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Well, on a personal note, I gave notice at work on July 2 and spent the past two weeks training 3 ppl to do my job.

Now I am free and after 7 yrs at the same place, I am setting my sails on my future and 18 hr days are over...

I missed the Wave 3 (again) but this time I did get some of the New Stormies.

Hey way to go. I know the feeling. I jumped ship from my old job of 8 year 7 Months back at the end of July for a job that's less stressful, constant work and closer to home.

You'll feel better once you start fresh and congrats on the new big change.

Val Da Car
07-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Oh wow, didnt you just make a pretty big move up? Good luck to you, what are your plans now?

Well, I started to support the Top 10 Executives at work (at the office, their homes and at offsite meetings) but after a while my manager and director did not communicate or support the work I did for them (as defined by the terms of the contract that was signed two years ago).

I am moving to a smaller IT Service company (private held) and I have know the two principle owners since 1993. Fortunately I do know what I am getting into and with whom.

On a positive note at my going away gathering the CIO and Sr VP of Legal both showed up. I guess that and the 30 other ppl really did let me know of the positive impact I had at the office.

I will miss the people but not the politics.

Val Da Car
07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
So I had some extra time today.....22 AOTC clones later I left a walmart store.

Val Da Car
07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Found 2 cases of Wave 3 at WM by me. and some of the Titanium Pegasus' at Target.

Early B-Day gifts, I guess.:thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Went into the Superior WM today and what did I find? A fresh case of........Hoth R2. WTF. Looks great next to the case of Endor
3PO and TAC Obi Wan. There is also 4 shelves of FULL bins of TAC #1 Vaders.......Its really no surprise I have gotten all of my stuff at Target lately.

Im also looking for that Obi/Yoda concept pack, but I would rather not pay 40+ for it.

I think Im going to try and finish my vintage Indy collection before the new movie hype starts and they go up in price even more than they already are. Anybody else in to these?

Val Da Car
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Our Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the Bridge incident in Minnesota.

Vortex
08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry I've been MIA lately.

Still getting used to the new job, busy with misc. items around the house and just basicially being lazy when it comes to surfing the net or responding to emails. Guess I've got net burn out.

I found a 181 interceptor, bought the y-wing from on-line TRU and spent some money on the comic-con exclusives.

Managed to find the latest comic 2 packs and right now I'm just waiting for the next waves to hit the store, but heaven help me, I'm honestly thinking about just buying the sets from online vendor...unless I get a second collecting wind and want to hunt stuff down.

I got a little spooked about the 35W bridge incident. Prior to getting married that was my normal drive home and I would have been on the bridge at that time. Good thing I'm in st. paul now and in the south metro.

Well I'm off to the UP of MI this weekend and maybe I'll find something good.

Hope all it well with you guys and I'll be back later.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Went to WM as they were restocking and there were 3 more pegs filled.....of wave 1.....:cry:

Val Da Car
09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Success at TRU...some UGH's but they aren't my style.
Wave 4 is arriving.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Success at TRU...some UGH's but they aren't my style.
Wave 4 is arriving.

Hey I'm looking for the McQ UGHs if you see them! Also the McQ Vader.....

Val Da Car
09-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey I'm looking for the McQ UGHs if you see them! Also the McQ Vader.....

So far the case assortment does not have the McQ vader or CZ-3/4 droid.
but it did have the McQ UGH Chewie

Val Da Car
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414198

$16.99 each.

Nice work..

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah I just got one.

LMK if your willing to pick up any extras of the UGH concepts. I also need a regular Animated Fett.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-11-2007, 09:02 AM
WTF Wal Mart!?

I went in this mornig, ANOTHER case of Saga Hoth!!!! Why why why?! Where are you getting more cases of Saga Hoth? How are you getting more cases of Saga Hoth? Really, if I have to see another Hoth R2 Im just going to quit.....

Not really but you know.

I hate Wal Mart.

Val Da Car
09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
You will blow a gasket, 3 WM in my area got in wave 5.

I only got Yoda, C3p0, Hermi (I :love: him) and Roran.

Very sweet, missed the rest but that usually means within the next 2 wks the rest will arrive en mass

I might have a Animated Fett too..

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Ohhhhh, OOOOHHHHHH.

Dang it anyhow. Hopefully they make it up here soon, I really dont want to resort to eBay.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
He he they are putting out a new case of something right now, I'm lurking around the corner......

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-14-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm happy to say that if anyone needs abything from Wave 2 they should let me know, pos-mart just put out 3 cases.......

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey, mine put out 8 cases of them one month ago and all that has sold is the McFetts and Stormies. They are still sitting there. Feel good its only 3 cases.

Val Da Car
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
KH, are you in the Midwest?

Success, Huzzah!!!

I do have the UGH McQChewie & Animated (did you want the UGH or Regular) if you wanted it Rebo!!!

Kidhuman
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
No, I am on the east coast.

Val Da Car
09-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Cool,

Thanks for popping over....

:pleased:

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
KH, are you in the Midwest?

Success, Huzzah!!!

I do have the UGH McQChewie & Animated (did you want the UGH or Regular) if you wanted it Rebo!!!

Bling-a-ling I need UGH Chewie and a regular Boba!!!

What can I do for you?

Val Da Car
09-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Bling-a-ling I need UGH Chewie and a regular Boba!!!

What can I do for you?

Well, we can trade or you can just reimburse me and I will ship them out to you.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
LMK a grand total and Ill Paypal you + fees:thumbsup:

Val Da Car
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
You have a PM!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Replied!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey did you guys see that the SW exhibit is coming to the Science Museum next summer???!!!!!! Play date anyone?

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-18-2007, 11:50 PM
VDC I need you to do me a huge favor: I stopped at my other Wally tonight and found an UGH McChewie and a regular Animated Fett. I didnt get them for obvious reasons, but could you at least say you were sending me McVader and Hero Starkiller?:yes:

Val Da Car
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
VDC I need you to do me a huge favor: I stopped at my other Wally tonight and found an UGH McChewie and a regular Animated Fett. I didnt get them for obvious reasons, but could you at least say you were sending me McVader and Hero Starkiller?:yes:

You are so kidding me....right

You know that is how is happens now and then. I will keep an eye out for the next 2 McQuarrie figures

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Fact. It was weird because those were the only Wave 4 figures they had, and they were restocking as I was standing there. I picked up the Fett and the lady handed me the Chewie and was like "Ohhhh, here's a gold one for you, he's pretty ugly though..." Ha ha ha.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Neil Young at U of M tickets go on sale Monday. This is my #2 dream show to see, so Ill do my best to get there!!!

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 10:34 PM
How much are they? I was gonna see him in NYC awhile back but the cheap seasts were 150

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Unsure, but like Roger Waters Im ready to drop ~ 400 for 2 seats.......Im not missing out:cross-eye

Val Da Car
09-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Neil Young at U of M tickets go on sale Monday. This is my #2 dream show to see, so Ill do my best to get there!!!

That would be sweet to see...

Val Da Car
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
WM's are getting Wave 6 and Legends wave 3 & 4 in today....it is nuts...scalper scum already beat me to it...old fart (he is like 60) floordude 43 is his ebay name..

I h8 him so much...left the Lando, 4Lom and Han Solo for me ..so thanks ..
No Darktroopers, no Mcquarrie or Hoth Gen Mcquarrie

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Man thats redic........probably why I havent seen anything past wave 3.....

I have a fellow forunite working on a Canadian Tri-Logo set of the McQ's and McQ UGHs. Im pretty excited about this, they should all display well together. How much more OT can you get than McQuarrie? I love it.

Val Da Car
10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Wave 4 1/4 (aka wave 4 rev 1) arrived to TRU.

Passed on the UGH but I should have gotten the Mcq Stormie UGH...(regret)

But I was very happy to get the McVaders. Sweet figures...sweet.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
That is not even fair......still sitting on Wave 2.....:hurt:

Vortex
10-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Wholly crap I've been MIA huh...

I caved and orderd sets online from all over. The metro is pretty stocked with pegwarmers and we've got airborn troopers and re-packs hanging heavy on the pegs.

Not to mention I can't chase like I'd like anymore.

Still waiting for the WM exclusive comic packs. I want Comm. Kenner and the snow marine pretty badly. I'm scouting Target pretty hard too waiting for the space whale clone pack and ship.

Well...sorry I've been MIA, just too busy with work and other items.

Val Da Car
10-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't sweat it.

Between changing jobs and getting my Holy Grail of collecting, I have barely seen any real collecting.

MR AT AT Signature Edition....#39....

I have been keeping my Hasbro collecting to a minimum, especially my Army Building...no more 30+ and such.

I have had recent success in Kohl instead of Target/TRU/Walmart.

But I might have a chance to get the Transformers Store Marketing materials.

I will want the AT TE when it comes out next year.

oh, btw My wife is almost 4 months along with our first.

The Dr would have gotten the gender but the little one turn the other cheek during the Ultrasound. Next one is due Nov 26 (3-D no less)

Vortex
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey congrats on the kid.

Yea work is- how to put this- tentative right now. We were busy as sin and just this week we had a few jobs crap out on us and vanish into smoke. Part of the trouble of the architectural field.

We just laid off two individuals this week and we have enough work to get us through till Jan, beyond that is ????

Chasing figs hasn't been high on the list of things to do, and my fire for collecting seems to be down to the embers right now, and I'm sorting wishing the line would poop out soon.

I've already said that when the TV show comes out, I won't collect the those new figs unless they are really cool, but I'm hoping for an end. I have plenty of packaged figs in bags under my desk and tossed in a corner. They should be opened and put away, or out, but I've gotten lazy. Since its been what...12 years since the fruit loop han mail away?

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey guys. Get any snow down there yet? Just flurries up here...I have my fingers crossed for another 3 day 8 ft storm.

Wave 6 seems to be pretty plentiful right now and I hope 7 & 8 continue this trend.

As soon as TAC is done after wave 8, Im done. Although the figures look really great, Im just not compelled to either A) Buy a bunch of main characters I already have or B) Buy a bunch of figures that get 2 seconds of screen time. Kind of a bummer, but it will help out with the wedding I suppose. I would really like to get into the higher end stuff though. That might be fun for a while.

Well, be safe. Even with the forcast of snow people drive like idiots. There was a rollover on the High Bridge over the harbor the other day.....

Vortex
11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm reaching the stopping point myself its been fun but I have to to honestly ask myself...what the heck and I'm going to do with all this stuff later.
I'd like to make a display room, but that's no going to happen for years.

As for snow, we've had a few flurries, but today its been warm and nice out.

I hope the snow stays off for a while - I have to put the snow tires on yet.

Vortex
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow is this a quite section.

Well I snagged a space whale clone pack the fighter and missed out on those two massive $50 packs. They were sort of cool, but I couldn't drop 100 on that just for a few things I wanted like the turret and those ewok repaints.

I'll watch ebay and local toy shops and hope the $ goes down on those big pigs.

Outside of that, haven't seen any wave 7 or beyond yet.

Everyone have a good holiday and an even better new year.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Everyone just reloaded their pegs with fresh Legends. And thats about how it goes up here. Havent seen 5, 7, or 8. I only saw 6 at one Target, and it was already picked through.

Have a safe and happy holiday. It will be nice to have snow this holiday season:thumbsup:

Vortex
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Yea, but I'm already tired of shoveling.

Well hopefully waves 6-8 will hit closer to the holidays or after. I hate the end of the year waves. They get so illusive.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Well I hope everyone had some happy holidays. Its gonna get pretty cold up here in the next couple days.

Found some odd things at Target today. All the Mighty Mugs and some really ghetto 2-pack keychain things. The MMs where kinda neat.

I just want my dang McRebels so I can be done for a year, or more.

Vortex
01-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey, thanks, yet the holidays and new year went by fast.

After target blew out all the big $50 packs and all there other exclusives the shelves are empty. I haven't seen the last few waves hit yet, and for what I've seen and heard for 08, I'm not too jazzed about re-issues and re-paints.

I don't think I've stepped foot in a TRU or Wally World lately either.

Here's to hoping we get some better things this year.

Vortex
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Sooo anyone still out there...

I'm up to speed on the force unleashed and will be cherry picking figs after that, the clone wars cartoon figs look good, but I'll be passing on them. But with my luck in 15 years they'll be the ones worth the most $...

Val Da Car
03-16-2008, 08:56 PM
hola...sorry about not posting in a while.

The Mrs is pregnant with our 1st (and it is a boy and I will not name his Lucas)....

Helping out with baby preparation has really cut into any shopping but I am not out. I have not seen any of the singles of Wave 2 and finally got my 1st Gree about 2 wks ago. I am glad these two waves will be shipping together for a while.

I am so gunning for the Midnight Madness on July 26th. I want at least 2 AT TE's.

Vortex
03-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Yikes, that will put a dent in a lot of activities. But congrats none the less.

Yea the job market is taking a bad turn and I'm sure scaling back will help out in the long run. I'm after 2 AT-TE's also, I never thought they'd pull it off or make one that's sort of cool.

I still need to find the AT-PT and Gen Grev. fighter.

Val Da Car
03-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Yikes, that will put a dent in a lot of activities. But congrats none the less.

Yea the job market is taking a bad turn and I'm sure scaling back will help out in the long run. I'm after 2 AT-TE's also, I never thought they'd pull it off or make one that's sort of cool.

I still need to find the AT-PT and Gen Grev. fighter.

Dang....I saw both of them in a single case at WM last week (Wed) I think.

I am looking at the Halo figures...they seem kinda cool but all the repaints will make my crazy (Red/Blue/Green/White) but it is like the clone colors all over again.
:crazed:

Vortex
03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I went to target, WM, TRU and the pegs are shelves are junked up with old stuff. My TRU still has the Y-wing collecting dust on the shelf.

I'll find'em sooner or later or wait for a on-line vendor to blow them out.

Val Da Car
03-17-2008, 01:07 PM
AT AP & Gen Grievous ships at HTS.com

DISC10 is the discount code for 10% off

AT AP

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ST=PRDS&ID=21113&PG=1

Gen Grievous ship

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ST=PRDS&ID=21112&PG=1

Vortex
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Sweet....thanks for the tip.

Val Da Car
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
No Problem....sad part is that they are been on HTS twice (to my knowledge) and one at a WM.

I don't mind the dry spell cause the AT TE's will put a dent but I will be set for a while.

Vortex
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Yea I'm spending $ on Wii games, and getting into the BSG DVD's. With all the exclusives and 2 packs coming out...I'm gonna have to be more selective with the $, but the AT-TE is a big must have. I'll let the order 66 stuff go and pick that off later at a discount for the big boys.

Vortex
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Well I hope everyone is doing good. Its been mighty quiet lately.

Val Da Car
05-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry....since the boy (Daniel Gabriel) was born in back in April it has been very limited to shopping. Hoping to get the Rancor from the stores over the weekend with the Play Rewards coupon.

Vortex
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Yea kids will do that. I've been having health issues myself lately and work and my duties a master of the lodge have really put a damper into me getting out. I feel like I'm swimming in quicksand.

The battle rancor looks sweet and I'm excited for the game.

Best of luck withe little one.

Val Da Car
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Picked up the Rancor (nice) and since the ROTJ will not be out for a while (2009 maybe) it is worth it. Especially once the Game comes out (August / Sept) I might have a chance to play it by then.

I so want a PS 3 but the likelyhood of playing it anytime soon with Jr at 2 months is sooooo not likely.

I have seen some nifty promos this week.

Get a Sony Card & get $100 credited back to your card & 12 months no interest and WM giving a $100 gift card on a "Blu Ray" Player (this included the PS3). Soooo Tempting.

Got my $50 Rewards coupon....half of my AT TE now paid for...now the waiting game.

Vortex
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
The Rancor is pretty cool. I have him boxed in the computer room. Haven't had time to open him up yet.

I have a Wii, DS, and PSP...I'm covered or so I think. I'll get SWFU for the Wii and maybe the DS. PSP graphics are pretty good, but that seems to be a dying system.

That's quite the card deal there. I'd be tempted myself.

Yea when the Big Falcon and AT TE hit I'll be in the red. Those are two big ticket items, plus the 50.00 video game and whatever else that's cool that's coming out. I don't mind the marketing push but man, spread the stuff out...I'll have to sell a kidney.

Val Da Car
06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I was gonna go to the Plasma shop and get $30 a visit x3 week to be ready for July 26 and the AT TE's I want to pickup. One should cover me good and I am on the fence on the BMF.

I do have a Wii...but the blu ray and a few PS3 games look good. (like Army of two)

Vortex
06-13-2008, 01:34 PM
That's a good chunk of change right there. But I don't do well with stuff like that...

The big falcon I sort of want more than the walker. I never had the falcon growing up as a kid and I bought...what both of them??? There's only been two right?...and they've been a little disapointing. This one will do me good for a while. I just hope they don't do a big x-wing...

Yea I just got a call from the wife, her car was acting up and its a 1,000.00 bill so far so...that's gonna put a dent in some things for a while.

Val Da Car
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Ooh...dude not good at all.
Stay away from ponds they are deeper than they appear.

I am not looking for a few of the CARS toys to have for my boy when he gets a little older. (I am trying to assemble the Speedway of the South without buying a $600 set from the Ebay resellers. They made 1000 sets and let the premier members buy them first.)

Vortex
06-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Well we're not flooding out around here. We had a lot of rain, but its all down south. Just general well overdue repairs...breaks, rotors, O2 sensor, new belts...car is 12 years old and I don't think any of that stuff was ever done.

Wholly crap that's a lot for a disney set. Yikes, good luck with that one.

Val Da Car
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Hola everyone...been busy with my little one....Now at six months he is doing great!!

I am just picked up just a couple of the Wave 2 of the Clone Wars. I am digging the cartoon. Missed the movie for obvious reasons.

Looking at the Build a Droid series. Willing to Trade some of the figures for the Black RA7 Legs.

Vortex
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll see what I have. I haven't bought any clone wars figs. I drew the line at the comic/cartoon styled figures to save $ and space. i'm still on the fence about getting that star fighter too.

I'm not sure if I have spare legs or not.

Good luck with the little one. Good to see you back.

Vortex
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Wholly crud, we've been quiet...

electricidad
04-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Seriously, when are we getting new waves? We got the Iron Man 2 wave no problem (they were even up by March 1, the street date, a rarity for this Walmart).

RendarStillLives
03-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Picked up. Mara and Plagueis at Eden Prairie Walmart about an hour and a half ago. Only other figures they had were an X-wing pilot (Biggs?) and clone. I was very surprised that of the few figures they were both there.