PDA

View Full Version : Midwest MN/WI

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-01-2004, 10:00 AM
I noticed there was no "found" section for this area so here we go I hope there are people in this area to contribute.

Ill start it off, I am in the Duluth/Superior area

All 3 K Marts have piles of mint Cantina Scene 1's

Just bought OTC 12 inch Boba Fett in blue, thought it was rare but there still a few on the shelves

Target has the same old VOTC but they just got the new Unleashed set

Wal Mart had OTC for one day ( I bought 3 and went back for more and every last one was gone) and the same old VOTc

TRU is about to get OTC and lucky me I found a Saga Han ATST

Even the Suncoast in our mall has VOTC

Every store has tons of crappy Saga figure i.e. Hoth Soldiers, Hoth Soldiers, Hoth Soldiers.

Just went to Bemidji MN (2.5 hours west) and Wal Mart had TONS of OTC, the whole Dagobah set (minus handstand luke) IG-88, Jawas, Bespin Luke, and I did get my hands on ROTJ Vader and Bobba Fett. They also had tons of carrry cases and Galactic Hero's including C3P0 and Chewbacca

I also know my sister has been finding me OTC at Wal Marts in Forest Lake and Cambridge MN.

If anyone else is in these areas PLEASE contibute and/or give me a shout and let me know where you are. I cant be the only one up here.......

Divide and conquer, strength in numbers

Nate

Vortex
09-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Nate:

Good luck with your hunt and it sounds like your scoring bit up in Duluth.

In the cities, its hit and miss...like its been for the last few years.

I live in the East Metro and its hit and miss some times. The TRU in Maplewood and Roseville are bare bones and I've stopped going to the Roseville shop since I think the boxes get pillaged when they roll off the truck. The Mapelwood shop hasn't had anything good in a long time. I swear they still have the old bespin guard hanging there...they get the 4 packs and the odd exclusive, but I haven't seen anything new for a while. Ran into all the new stuff at the Target HQ in minneapolis and the No. St. Paul store, but even these are hit and miss. The new stock and update is far and few between. There have even been months where there no space for star wars figs. Wal-marts in the area are even hit and miss too. Some don't carry star wars others do but the shelves are thin.

With most of these stores the scalpers are there 1st or the kids in the stock room are weeding out the good stuff.

I'm caught up cept for the jedi councils and cantina 3-packs. But I'll get my hands on them yet.

About the only place that I've had good luck was in Brainerd at their Target.

But good luck and good luck with the upcoming snow.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh its very hit and miss here too, no place has gotten anything new in for a couple of weeks. The only big hits were the one in Bemidji and whatever my sister can find farther your way. Im originally from Pine City which is halfway between here and there so I guess I have a lot of ground covered:) Are there any shows or conventions in your area at all? Theres nothing up here, once and a while Ill get lucky at an antique store and fill something in in my vintage collections................

Anyone else in the area?

Nate

Vortex
09-02-2004, 12:16 AM
There are plenty of toy shows in the cities and most of the vendors have every figure you could want. The majority are the scalpers who run and work the shows.

I know there's one in Oct either by the MOA, or near-by. Then I know there's 2 in Dec.

My friend works the shows, deals in matchbox, star wars, and cards.

Pine City, know it well.

Lazer Brain
09-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Hello RG,
good luck with your post, i have started my own central texas 'just found' i might be the only one, but it has worked out. kudos on the han atst find, i have lookin for ever but no luck yet.
later
LZ

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Well, if there is anyone out there............

Dulth /Superior has nothing new ANYWHERE, but Shopko is down to 4 figures and the shelves have been rearranged, will check back tommorrow to see if there is anything new. Even if there is I dont know that I could justify 6.99 each for a handfull of figures.

Anyone else in the area? State? Region?

Vortex
09-04-2004, 10:16 AM
There are a couple of us around from MN, but I haven't seen or heard from those guys in a long, long, long, time.

I used to trade with one guy, but I don't see him on the boards anymore, and the times I do its very rare.

But hey, are there still cantina scenes in your neck of the woods? You need anything in trade. I'm coming up dry on those puppies.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Ya theyre all over up here. I guess Im looking for everything for trade, so to say. New OTC, VOTC (Lando, 3p0 and so on) or vintage POTF figures (loose)

I dunno, I guess Im pretty lucky when it comes to finding the rarer stuff. How many of these are you lookin to get?

Vortex
09-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Just looking for set 1 and 2 of the cantina...odds are 2 isn't out yet, but down here my local k-mart is a grave yard.

I have some of the otc up to the tusken raider, and the VOTC wave 2 I haven't seen yet...haven't even found luke yet, but he's on the way...as for vintage POFT...good luck. I've only found a smattering at comic shops or toy shows.

But you have specific needs let me know, maybe we can work out a trade. I'm just looking for set 1 and set 2. Only want 1 of each.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Wow that does sound sparse, thats sad. Ive only seen scene one so far and I will take a look after work of possible trades. Thanks for responding, Im glad this wasnt a total lost cause.....

Vortex
09-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Well it will be worth it, if we can spare ourselves from shopping on line at the various retailers...to get what we need.

The Cities are funny that way. Movie years there's too much in the way of scalpers, too much dead stock, and then non-movie years there no pegs or places for any of it.

But as soon at EP III hits, we'll be back in business.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Ya, as good as some online stores are I will avoid them if I can.

I dont know if you are a Hyperspace member or not but I would really like one of those new Emperors. i dont know if you can help me out here, if not no biggy. Other than that the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be exclusives. The only ones I have are Froot Loops Han and Spirit of Obi Wan, so if you have and mail-ins of online exclusives you would be willing to trade that would be cool. Ill keep thinking though, most things I get are on an impulse, as weird as that sounds:crazed:

Oh yeah, I found 2 unleashed Leias at TRU and stashed them, hope they are still there in the morning.......

Vortex
09-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Give that holo emperor a couple more weeks or days and it will be open to everyone. Hyperspace folks get 1st shot. You'll get your shot at it soon.

As for the mail ins...and exclusives...I'll have to check. Most of my stuff is in plastic tubs in the basement. It would take me a while to unearth a lot of the old stuff, if that's what your looking for.

I might have a AT-ST with ewok handy if you're looking for that.

Anyways if nothing more, I'd be willing to pay cash.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Very interested in the ATST, never seen it or know its value. Are you lookin to get Scenes 1 & 2 for this or something? Let me know, definitly.....

Vortex
09-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Well I don't think scene 2 is out yet, so I'd trade straight up for the 1st cantina scene. The At-St with Ewok is a little over a year old.

I'd have to pull a Tomarts guide to find the average price, but I'd trade it away for a scene.

Anyways, let me know.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Deal. Ill pick one up tomorrow and Ill get back to you then.

In other news, my dad picked me up a vintage blonde Luke for a buck at a garage sale. Its mint and the saber still has the little tip on it. I already have one but not in this condition. Im happy.:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Well for any lurkers in the area...............:rolleyes:

TRU FINALLY got OTC and some new VOTC, although the only OTC I didnt already have is Chewbacca, and I have all the VOTC.

For a week there was a nice big empty spot where Star Wars figures used to hang...........Thought they would get some OTC.............nope, just a bunch more worthless Saga Hoth Soldiers.

Gonna head to Wally World before the night is over.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2004, 09:40 PM
WOOT, just grabbed OTC Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot, Wicket, Leia Bespin, and Jawas at KMart. Now the only place I havent seen the regular OTC is Target.........

Vortex
09-12-2004, 10:38 PM
good grab. I found the Jawas a while back...those are by far the best. Lobot is pretty cool. I'm still waiting to see the Hoth vader.

But I'll have your item in the mail tomorrow (monday)

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Likewise :)

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-14-2004, 09:07 PM
I found Obi Wan today, and that makes my need list even shorter. It consists of -

Bib Fortuna
Bossk
Vader ANH
Vader ESB
Gammorrean Guard
General Madine
Greedo
Han ROTJ
Scanning Trooper
Lando ESB
Lando ROTJ
Leia ROTJ
Scout Trooper
Snow Trooper
Tie Pilot
and Tusken Raider, oh and that holo Emperor

Vortex
09-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey got the box today, thanks. Sweet set. Can't wait for #2 to come out.

Just in case you haven't heard or seen the holo emperor is for sale to non-hyperspace folk. I ordered mine yesterday.

Thanks again, and we'll be in touch.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Wow, that was fast.

Yeah I read that, Im going to order one and probably pre-order my Christmas Jawas since I missed out on the last 2 sets.

Vortex
09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm just waiting on the new stuff and I'm going to think a little bit on the holiday set this year.

I really need to start downsizing the collection. Its been a long 9 years, and I should start to be more selective in what I buy. I bought two of everything and kept one carded and now I'm out of room.

Val Da Car
09-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Hello from SE Wis (MKE thru Keno)

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Welcome welcome. Sweet, 3 members. Any great recent finds?

Hey tjovonovich let me know if and when you are ready to part with anything. I hear ya about the space, I thought it would be nice to have an extra bedroom in my apartment, but guess whats in there? (it aint a bed, thats for sure)

Vortex
09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
I'll be doing a major "downsizing" come this winter. I pretty much have everything in double or at times triple or quadruple depending on the fig or if I couldn't pawn it off on my toy guy who use to hunt for me and sell some of old stuff at toy shows.

When I start my downsizing I'll fire you off an excel spreadsheet that had the list and counts. For me it will be nice to see this moster line end. Had almost every vintage fig from when I was a kid to being obsessive at times for the new lines...

Shoot I even have a duplicate 12" biker scout and bike in its box sitting in the closet come to think of it.

But yea, I'd be more than happy to load up my old mans truck and deliver a mess of stuff to Duluth...would give me an excuse to see family too.

But I'll keep ya posted.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-15-2004, 07:08 PM
WOOT, got a box today, this thing is great. Thanks for the trade!!

Vortex
09-15-2004, 11:29 PM
glad you like. I thought it was a cool piece.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Finally found VOTC 3PO, but no Lando. Oh well, I need something to search for I guess..............

Vortex
09-19-2004, 10:34 AM
well good for you, at least your finding stuff...same can't be said here in the cities.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
All OTC stuff is on sale at KMart, although thy arent much cheaper. TRU has the Tie Fighter and X-Wing for 12.99

Vortex
09-19-2004, 02:34 PM
That two pack of the ships is pretty cool, but I have too many x-wings and ties. Can't wait to see the Ep III ships.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-19-2004, 09:21 PM
I havent even seen the 2 pack. The new ones dont appeal to me all that much, Ill just wait until I find nice vintage ones for my collection. I did find AOTC Galactic Heroes at TRU, Im not sure on the rarity on these, if any, so I didnt get any. My sister did find me Cloud City Capture Chewbacca & 3PO at Maplewood TRU. Not a real big find, but I think its one of the cooler peices from the Saga line:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Duluth has nothing new, everyone has the dagobah wave but thats it. There was nothing even exciting on the 21st, the only things I found were Greedo and a Biker Scout. Its such a bummer to hear a bunch of people have found VOTC ROTJ and I havent even found Lando yet:( Maybe Superior will bring me better luck today..................

Vortex
09-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Same story in the cities. The only "new" thing that came out on the 21 was the wal-mart 3 packs.

Shops might he sitting on stuff since x-mas and x-mas set ups are right around the corner, either that or they didn't order the following waves. Target and TRU are pretty notorious for ordering some of the waves.

I haven't seen anything and others down here haven't found anything new either for weeks, if not months.

Hopefully it will pick up, but I have my doubts, since long drouts have been par for the course for many years...

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-04-2004, 08:11 AM
There is NOTHING new here. Ive resorted to WOTC, although they are pretty cool. Some chick at TRU promised Thursday would be a good day, we'll see.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Went to Superior this morning and low and behold Wal Mart had new VOTC and I finished off my collection with Fett, R2, Stormie, Lando, and Chewbacca. What a day.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Found OTC Tusken Raider, Tie Pilot, Bossk, and handstand Luke at TRU. Holo Emp will be here Friday, that leaves 9 more OTC to go............

Vortex
10-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Sorry I've been away for a week.

Haven't found junk and just found out that EE has cancelled the vintage orders status...and I can't find any of the new stuff, so I might have to bite the bullet and shop on line...grumble.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Well Im always willing to help out another collector, so let me know if you want to do some trading and what I should keep an eye out for........:)

Vortex
10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey thanks man, same here. Let me know if you score with the second cantina wave and votc.

I'll keep my eyes open too.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Cool, what VOTC do you need yet?

Val Da Car
10-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Count me in....even though I am a little SE WIs dude!!!!!

Fighting back the hordes of Sm3lly HW bastages!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Hahah, sweet dude, what are you lookin for? Collectors are few up here....

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Found OTC Slave1 at Target today, I think Ill wait till my next paycheck to pick this up, they had 8 of them. Other than, nothing new. Still awaiting my holo emp..........

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I found the last half of VOTC if anyone is interested. Let me know and Ill pick them up in the morning......

Val Da Car
10-11-2004, 11:00 PM
yes..please just PM me...

Val Da Car
10-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Just found the Endor Wave (Lando General, Han Solo AT ST Driver, General Madine)

boo yeah

Vortex
10-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey good find. The cities are stagnant right now. Old stuff or nothing. The Hoth wave is still sitting on most shelves...

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Nice score. Went to TRU and found the bounty hunter wave of Galactic Heroes. I was going to get these but 'lil Fett and IG88 are too cool to pass up. I also found the Chewy/3PO set.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Found the 2nd half of ESB and all off ROTJ VOTC at Shopko today. $12.99 was a real turn-off though:mad:

Vortex
10-20-2004, 10:24 PM
At least your finding stuff...sigh...wish I had the same luck down here. Still can't find the wave of figs with the wookie senator, the jedi, queen and handmaiden...

On of these years...

Val Da Car
10-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Rebo...was Shopko running their usual 25% off sale?

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-21-2004, 08:22 AM
No, that was done a while ago, otherwise they would be mine..........

Val Da Car
10-21-2004, 10:57 AM
A WM by me got in the Wave 11 Rev 1 assortment 3 out of 4 are Saga Rehashes...

3x Bespin Leia
3x Lando General (Saga rehash)
3x General Madine (Saga rehash)
3x Han Solo AT-ST Driver (Saga rehash)

I picked up some of the Madine & Han since I never got the Saga assortment and Han looks similar to the Imperial Trooper (Scanner) Dude that I need for my diorama.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I was pretty upset when I had to replace the starter in my truck today, but all was better when I for Han ATST, Madine, and Lando General at Target. Its about time they get some OTC...........

Vortex
10-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Congrats on the score. Still zip around here.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Found Cantina 2 today, didnt buy it because the old school Obi-Wan is pretty bad.......................

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Had another score at TRU. I got both Vaders, Gamorrean Guard, Slave Leia, and Bib. All I need is the Snowtrooper, Lando Skiff, and the elusive Scanning Trooper.

Vortex
10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
cripes, duluth is a hot spot isn't it. might have to take a little road trip one of these days.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I guess. People dont seem to be interested, which leaves more for me:)

Let me know when you get your box, been having some problems with the post office...............

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Picked up Ephant Mon at omgcfo.com for 5.95 + shipping. It said damaged package, but I guess Ill open it and hope I find a nice minty one someday.....

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Found GH Yoda/Clone and the new Stormtrooper set, pretty sweet.........

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Got my Ephant Mon in the mail today, and it wasnt damaged at all. Sweet deal.

Val Da Car
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Target by me got in a ROTJ VOTC set...only stormies were left...boo yea

Val Da Car
11-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Got my Ephant Mon in the mail today, and it wasnt damaged at all. Sweet deal.

they are great...I needed 16 more Snowtroopers and they traded with me for Stormies!!!!

Great place Stephen is AWESOME!!!

Kidhuman
11-02-2004, 04:58 PM
they are great...I needed 16 more Snowtroopers and they traded with me for Stormies!!!!

Great place Stephen is AWESOME!!!

You called them up and they are trading snowtroopers for stormnies with you? Thats awesome. I love OMGCNFO.com They are without a doubt the best e-tailer I have ever dealt with.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Awesome, Im glad Im not the only one basking in the glory that is votc, i was starting to feel a little guilty..............:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2004, 06:36 PM
After a good week with nothing new I finally found Lando Skiff and a total of 7 Scanning guys.

Val Da Car
11-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Rebo....you have a PM and btw what store did you find the Imp Scanner dudes at?

Val Da Car
11-11-2004, 10:26 PM
KH,

Yes that is right!!!!

In fact they used the same box & packaging to send back the new squad of snowtroopers and I was very pleased.

btw I am down to about 85+ Stormtroopers (loose and carded) and I am still feeling guilty about army building......(see Saga topic Army Building Guilt)

You called them up and they are trading snowtroopers for stormnies with you? Thats awesome. I love OMGCNFO.com They are without a doubt the best e-tailer I have ever dealt with.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2004, 11:14 PM
TRU. It was pretty sweet, there were like 10 pegs full of OTC, the most I have seen yet. It brought me back to the good old POTF2 days............

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Heck yes!!! I scored some POTC at TRU this morning. Picked up the last Sly, Rabe, and Queen Celebration. Im stoked! The 5.99 pricetag was somewhat of a buzzkill, but oh well, you cant put a price on happiness!!:D

Vortex
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
all right way to go, good score. Still's quiet on the souther front.

Val Da Car
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Nice showing Rebo!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Found Yaura and Pablo-Jill at Wal Mart today, making me all caught up :)

Val Da Car
11-17-2004, 08:41 PM
These case assortments showed up at my two WMs.....

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 11, Revision 3 - 10/04

1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi (OTC #6),
2x Scout Trooper (OTC #11),
1x Luke Skywalker Bespin Outfit (OTC #26),
2x IG-88 (OTC #27),
1x Greedo (OTC #22),
2x Snowtrooper (OTC #25),
1x Lando Calirssian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32),
1x Darth Vader - A New Hope (OTC #34),
1x General Lando Calrissian (OTC #37)

Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 11, Revision 2 10/04

3x Darth Vader - The Empire Strikes Back (OTC #29),
2x Gamorrean Guard (OTC #30),
2x Bib Fortuna (OTC #31),
2x Princess Leia in Slave Outfit - Return of the Jedi (OTC #33),
3x Darth Vader - A New Hope (OTC #34)

FINALLY GOT VOTC CHEWIE....last one...

Now my wife want it...

I may have met a new forumite...."Cricket"....today...thanks again and welcome to the SSG Family....

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Thats awesome, took long enough.:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Stopped at Cloquet Super Wal Mart on the way home. They had just put out the HOF wave and ROTJ VOTC. Picked up the Vader and Stormtrooper HOF and another Chewbacca Votc for trading.

For trade I have

Votc Chewie
2 Votc Stromtrooper
Votc Yoda
Sly Moore
2 Silver TRU Vaders

PM me if any of this can help you out.

Val Da Car
11-24-2004, 08:43 PM
The Targets around me all got in the HOF wave?

Nice Distribution Hasblah!

Vortex
11-26-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm good so far, just missing some Otc, stuff, but I'll ask around.

HOF...what the crap...must have been shoved in a corner till recently...

Val Da Car
11-26-2004, 07:49 PM
All Saga Stuff at Target now rings up and scans as NCF Star Wars.

I asked and NCF means Not Carry forward so I see a clearance on the Saga Waves coming up soon...figure right after Christmas and January.

btw Between Wed & today none of the stores around me restocked any SW stuff at all....

***Just grumpy since I have been up since 3:30am***

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh, Target restocked for today.........somewhere they found a case of the YAVIN WAVE..............ugh

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Havent found anything great, still watching for the cantina figs.........I did see the Playschool Vader, looked kinda cool, but the package was all messed up. Oh well.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Picked up the corrected version of the Fett / Dengar Galactic Heroes at TRU. I was expecting Fetts outfitt to be green instead of blue, but alas, they are one and the same.

Vortex
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Well the downsizing has begun. Only got two large tubs in, but if you have a wants list, let me know and as I come across the stuff I can pull it out and sell it to you.

Man, I've got a lot to go through...I think I have 14 tubs to go through...and a closet to clean out...

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 11:03 AM
If you have any stormies, clones(SA is a prority), or Biker scouts LMK, and if they are MOC please.

Vortex
12-03-2004, 11:18 AM
I'll keep an eye out.

The SA clone...that figure I only found 1 of he's open in my open collection...sorry. I think I have an extra of the colored 3 packs of clones...but don't get excited just yet. I haven't found everything yet and listed the invintory on the tubs...

Stormies and biker scouts...I know I have some stashed away some place. I know I have more bikers scouts that stormies, but I'll start to put them aside. Not sure how many dirty vs. clean I have...but when I get farther along and deeper into the basement I'll let you know. Might even have a few OTC scouts. I think I may have an extra battlefront fig too...some place.

Yes all the stuff I'm downsizing is MOC, there might be some stress lines from the cases, but within weeks of finding, buying cases, these where packed away in plastic tubs and hauled into the basement...where they haven't moved.

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 11:33 AM
No problem with taking your time, I probably will not have any money until after the new year. Buying Christams presents and such for kids takes the cash from my stash. I dont care about a few creases on the cards and such, as I want them mostly for army building when I get enough room to open and display them. By keeping them carded until then, I feel it cuts dowen on losing pieces and then matching weapons up.

Also I dont recall if it was you or not, but didnt you find a vintage Death STar playset, and would you be selling that if it was you who I am thinking about.

Vortex
12-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Yea I snagged a vintage death star playset last summer. To be honest, I'm not overly sure if I'll put that up...its missing a support piece. I have vintage 12" figs too that I'm on the fence about...luke, darth, chewie, obi, and I have a vintage walker in box, that probe droid/hot playset, and cantina set with the original cardboard backdrop, along with a vintage falcon, but I think the remote is MIA. I'm not sure if I want to part with that stuff yet, but then again its just been wrapped in a garbage bag and down in the basement. I really should sell it off since I'm getting hitched in Sept and its less to move and store.

But yea, I won't have a solid idea about where things are at or the exact counts of things till well after the holidays. My plan is two tubs a weekend.

I have all this info a excel spread sheet but I got sloppy with logging stuff in after a while and I'm not positive if its current or overly accurate.

Its amazing how much stuff was pumped out over the 10 years.

Slicker
12-03-2004, 11:51 AM
If you have the Concept Stormie PM and we can work out a deal which will be mutually beneficial for the both of us. God I'm a nerd.

If you would let me know how retarded you got with collecting because I have several other wants but I'm not sure how overboard you went.

Vortex
12-03-2004, 01:33 PM
I may have more than one for you, but again, I'll keep you posted when I find them. I'm sure they are close to the door since they are still pretty new. Its gonna take a while to get to the green and red cards since they got packed away 1st.

Well if we're talking about collecting habits...

I started in 95 with the mail in stormie solo and then was a little reserve at the start...2 of each fig...one to open the other to keep carded and re-sell. Didn't get into the early delux or f/x stuff. Only have a hand full of 12" figs. But then when I orded cases from EE over the years, I managed to stock pile a great deal of figs.

To make a long messy story short, I have at LEAST one of every figure carded sometimes 2 or more. I stopped ordering cases early this year so a lot of the OTC and stuff I have one of each but I have quite a few extra figs from the case orders.

I think the only MIA figure is the SA clone. I think I might even have 2-3 of the celebration II figure...

But if you need stuff older than ep. II...I've definitly got it. I even have a pack or two of those bootlegged clone troopers. Bought 2 just to say I had them.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Todd, I e mailed you.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Wemt to Wal Mart and they had 0 OTC figures, but instead they now have flippin 4 pegs of GH!! WTF?!

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Well, heres post 100, maybe I can have a sweet av now...

EDIT: Ha, awesome

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-09-2004, 07:07 PM
K-Mart has started to clearance OTC items. 12'' is down to 24.00 and the cantina scenes are 16.00.

Vortex
12-09-2004, 09:54 PM
ahh gotta love the holidays

Vortex
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Picked off the cantina aliens yesterday along with the tatt. trooper at the maplewood TRU.

The three cantian aliens are pretty cool. I must have gotten there at the right time on sunday. There were only one of each fig and I think I lucked out.

Still haven't seen the gamo. guard, hoth vader, or bib. floating around on the pegs....

But the cantina figs are starting to hit, good luck

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Awesome, hopefully TRU will get some in with the next shipment on Thursday, Ill certainly be there bright and early.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Hey Ill be down in Maplewood tomorrow afternoon, any place I should check out besides TRU? I know there used to be a KB in the mall, but if I remember right its a Payless or something now..........Any others KB's around, I need to find a 15'' Chewie?

Vortex
12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey, good to hear you'll be in my neighborhood. I'd take you around to some places personally in the 8, but I have to be at a dinner tonight with the little lady. Raincheck it.

As for KB's...sorry the one in the maplewood mall has been gone for about 2-3 years now. Roseville had one, but I think that's gone too.

There's the TRU you know about by the maplewood mall, there's a target greatland off of McKnight and 36 about a mile south of the maplewood mall.

There's a Wal-Mart and Target on the corner of Co. Rd. E and 35 as you come down from duluth.

There's also a TRU by the Roseville mall...I used to work there and odds are anything new has been picked off in the back room. Just south on snelling if you make it over into roseville there's a target just south of the mall there too.

If you're just looking for a KB chewie...your best bet will be the online store. The metro KB's that I know of are long gone. If nothing more, there's a shinders in plaza 3000 that sometimes gets the new figs or exclusives. I haven't been in there in a couple of months, but that's always worth a shot, you might get lucky.

But what's bringing you down here?

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Well, my mom has to have disks in her back fused or something, making it unlikely that I will make it over to Roseville, but I planned on the Maplewood TRU and deffinitly Shinders, I love that store. The operation is estimated at 2-4 hours, so I have a little time to screw around.........

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Hope all goes well with your Mom and the SUrgey Rebo's.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey thanks, that means a lot, I appreciate it!!!

Vortex
12-15-2004, 12:10 AM
My mom had back surgery this spring...on her lower back...might have been the same thing. Had to fuse L3 and L4??? or something like that. That's a long recovery. You could easily make it to Roseville its only a 5-8 min trip from the mall west on 36. But its your call, and I know how trying operations can be.

But best of luck and I hope she has a quick recovery.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Well everything went as planned, now for the three month recovery......

And I did find the cantina wave at TRU, as well as 4 of the new LOTR figures..

Vortex
12-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Congrats on the score. Good to see the TRU had more in the back room.

Kidhuman
12-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Nice score Rebo, makes the trip that much better. Hope your Mom is doing well and wish her a quick recovery.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey thanks guys. I just wish I could stay home longer and help out more.

All I need is the Sandtrooper and I will be all done until new stuff comes out. I know its a redo but I never got it the first time around, and it looks pretty good on the OTC card. Well, HH!

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Just when I though my TRU couldnt be any crappier, I go in tiday, the day they are supposed to get new stuff, and nothing. Bah, But I went back afterwork, and they had totally redeemed themselves. Needless to say I got 2 Sandtroopers, pretty cool. I about ***** myself when it was 15.03 for only two figures, but what can you do? Other than not buy them, of course.

I think tomorrow I will go back to KMart and pick up those 2 lightsabers, the ones with the gh figures. I dont collect much rp stuff, but I have never seen these before and they are somewhat intriguing. Can anyone at all shine some light on these?

Vortex
12-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Don't know much about the sabers. I try to stay away from the big ticket items like that that just have re-packs. I have two old sabers already, don't need more.

I'm still disapointed in TRU just putting SW stuff on one of those 3x3 islands...they used to have a section of those "X" shaped sections...but got bumped for spider man stuff.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah I think Im going to pass on them, I didnt realize they just came out. I thought they might be hard to find, but I guess not. Maybe Ill finally get Scenes 1 & 2 now that they are on clearance.........

Val Da Car
12-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Mine moved the SW stuff for McFarlane stuff.....I have yet to see an original idea from McFarlane in years and my wife even said she doesn't want her T2 Sarah Connor anymore since she has seen nothing new.

Don't know much about the sabers. I try to stay away from the big ticket items like that that just have re-packs. I have two old sabers already, don't need more.

I'm still disapointed in TRU just putting SW stuff on one of those 3x3 islands...they used to have a section of those "X" shaped sections...but got bumped for spider man stuff.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-20-2004, 07:55 AM
I still have an old school TRU, nice straight aisles, at least a good 3/4 of one for SW. Now if they got something decent once and a while...

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Found some great stuff on clearance.

Superior Target had 12'' OTC for 14.98, picked up a Stormtrooper and grey Boba Fett. Ill wait for Luke to be under 10 before I get him.

Superior Wal Mart had VOTC for 7.00 and OTC for 3 something. Picked up Lando, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett VOTC.

Gonna check K Mart tomorrow for the Cantina Scenes.

Vortex
12-27-2004, 11:09 AM
When I left TRU in...shoot...98??? After graduating from the U of M, they were just about to start the change over from isles to floor displays, and give up 1/4 of the store for babies r us. I liked the old style, you could see what was down an isle instead of walking around and around looking, but its all about marketing and keeping you in the store I guess.

Good haul Rebo. I haven't ventured out to the sales yet, and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that yet. I'm just waiting to hear about some of the OTC stuff I'm missing to start hitting. I really want that Hoth Vader.

I think this was my 1st x-mas without getting something star warsish...no books, no toys, no computer games. Felt a little odd.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-27-2004, 08:40 PM
The only thing I got was The Visual Star Wars Dictionary, so far. I finally have Christmas with the GF tonight...................

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Picked up the Droids/Ewoks movies and the EIII Teaser poster. I found the new mini busts (Vader, Stormie, Maul....) at Sam Goody but have picked them up yet. Need to start saving to fix my truck. The flywheel and Torque converter broke off my crank, bad news:(

Vortex
12-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Ouch, bummer man. Good luck with the truck. Didn't you guys up in Duluth get a freezing rain storm?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Holy crap did we ever, right now we are on our way to 8 to 12 inches of snow overnight. It sucks big time.

Vortex
01-02-2005, 10:11 AM
We got hit but not too bad. About 1", it was more of sleet and little ice pellets, not really snow.

Better Duluth than the cities I always say:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Funny, thats not what I always say......:)

Picked up the Vader and Stormtrooper Mini Busts at Sam Goody.

Picked up Gates of Mordor Sam, Shagrat, and Prince Theodred for my sister at TRU yesterday.

Also got one huge gear for my truck for only $97, horray.:crazed:

Vortex
01-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Well sounds good on the scores, just don't run out of space for that stuff and good luck with the truck.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah no kidding, I am running out of room:)

Nothing, much new, for Titanium Falcon and Slave I, Target has the pegs out for the animated stuff, thats about it.

Vortex
01-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Now begins the long cold wait for episode 3. Sadly if you missed out on some of the OTC figs, you probably won't see them.

All these stores pre-order the cases, and they may have passed on the later cases. Now is when stuff gets moved to the realm of Hard to Find.

I'll never see my Hoth Vader...sniff, sniff...

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Found the EIII Animated figures. Picked up yellow Clone, red Clone, and the General at K Mart for 6.49. Target has them for 6.99, ha ha, no way. Hopefully they will get them in at Wal Mart soon.

Oh, I think I may have a Hoth Vader for you, Im not certain yet, but I might.

Vortex
01-07-2005, 10:18 AM
SWEEETTTTT, Yes, Yes...(doing the happy dance)

Man, I hope you do.

Val Da Car
01-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Otherwise let me know...I got one during the Post Christmas WM clearance for $3

Vortex
01-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Ahh you both have one...crap why couldn't I find one....well either way, I'm in. Maybe I should buy both...

Val Da Car
01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I am near a hook on the lake and we got 8-9 inches yesterday.

Vortex
01-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear that. We're getting a dusting now, nothing major, just enough to make the snowpacked parking lots downtown minneapolis a little more slick.

People will be driving like morons again when they see the few flakes on the drive home.

Have fun digging out.

Anyway way you can send a whole bunch of that to Duluth? I'm sure Rebo wants it :D

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-07-2005, 07:44 PM
CRIPES! You can keep it, all of it:D

Well, I had no luck with the Hoth Vader, so it looks like Val Da Car is the man.

My sister grabbed me the Blue and another Yellow Clone today.

Vortex
01-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Well Val what do you say...willing to sell it?

Val Da Car
01-08-2005, 06:58 AM
TJ,

for the forumites, no problem.

Absolutely.

Sell, trade which ever just pm me.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Sweet, glad you found it.

On a sadder note, my truck is comtinuing to shock me. Eh, the crank snapped. Eveytime something happens to one of my vehicles the person working on it always has to say "WHOA, never seen anything like this before!" This is getting old / sickening.

Val Da Car
01-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Dude that sounds like the 77 Accord I had in 1990...the mechanic was working it jacked up and it shifted (due to the rusted undercarrage) and he hurried up and finished the work and when I left I got stuck 2 blocks away cause he left the clamp on the gas line after changing the filter.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Ick. On my CRX the engine got so hot the cam shaft gear SHEARED off of the camshaft.

Vortex
01-08-2005, 10:37 AM
So the fit it bills ecliped 2 months of new car payments and insurance yet?

I thought my old geo meto was bad news.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, after several minor strokes obtained from this news:mad:, after calculating loan costs and perusing for a new vehicles my friend calls back and says "Hey did you know there is a spacer between the fly and crank?" Of course I said no and he said "Well thats what you need. $30 at the dealership" I dont want to get to excited just yet, Im still a little skeptical AND I need 6 special bolts to put it all together and Ford says they are dis****inued. What the hell? Seriously what happens when someone comes in with a $4000 job and you dont have 6 bolts to put it all together? Idiots. So we'll see.

Vortex
01-08-2005, 02:00 PM
bolts discontinued??? What the crap is that all about? I'd knock ford at this point but they own mazda and I don't want to jinx the 8.

That's stupid, I wonder if you can get something similar at home depot or stip a junker from a yard.

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Hit the junk yard. Or buy some pegwarmers and use those. :D :beard:

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-08-2005, 10:48 PM
I called another stealership and they will be here like Tuesday. Funny how that works. As soon as this thing is fixed, it will probably be up for sale.

Yeah, they were like a 1 pitch 10 mm, htf I guess.:rolleyes:

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Woo hoo, Im back, but only for a minute. Things are getting better, my computer is done I just need to pick it up, my truck will be done tonight, and I found all 4 Preview figures today. Sweet deal.

Vortex
01-26-2005, 11:16 AM
whoa, the preview figs are out...sweet. I think I'll run to the Target HQ today at lunch.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Found yours yet? Whats happenin, havent heard from you in a while?

Picked up a couple votc Lukes and Hans at WM at 1.50 each
Looks like they found a box of the Vader / 3PO carry cases because there are about a dozen of each on clearance for like 9 bucks each. The Falcon is down to 30. need to wait a lil longer..............

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
9 bucks, they should be 1.50 as well. All mine were 3 bucks today from ANH and ROTJ. Also I got the Falcon last week for 15 bucks and I also grabbed the Dagobah Lego for 30 today. Keep checking and argue about the Vader/3PO. Did they have any stormies?

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Did they have any stormies?

I WISH!! This is exactly what I need, 2-4 loose votc Stormies. I think they are all done in my area :cry:

Kidhuman
02-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Same here, none left. I did happen to snag 4 of them for myself. Wanted more, but I saw about 12 at Target and had no money and they have no lay-a-way or else I would have almost 20 of em

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
DANG! Lucky...............

Vortex
02-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Been busy at work and at home, and haven't seen junk. A friend of mine dropped off the sneak preview figs, and I guess they hit in the south metro. The target, target HQ, TRU, and Walmart around me doesn't have jack squat. Target in No. St. Paul doesn't have anything outside a few VOTC and old OTC, and the TRU only has a 3 x 3 free stander up. The newest thing they had was the cantina wave. Target HQ only has the unleashed mace and dooku.

Haven't seen any cartoon figs, or anything new since the holidays. Thats the one bad thing about the metro area, either the stores don't get the shipments or they are pillaged in the back room or snagged by early morning scalpers. I'm sure its just dormant until they can sell or put out the episode III stuff. Then you usually see a lot of stuff come out of the woodwork.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Man that sucks, good thing there isnt much new stuff until the new movie comes out. I think Im pretty set until then, still picking up some extra stuff on clearance.

Speaking of clearance, WM has 50% off clearance prices right now. I didnt know that till I overheard it on the way out. Ill be back for a $15 Falcon and possibly a Vader carry case. Hmmm, I guess that means Lego Dagobah is only 12......something to consider too.

Vortex
02-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Its been this way every since episode I left the theaters. There were times where there wasn't any star wars stuff to be found.

But that's ok, I'm gearing up for the ep III push anyways. Can't wait for all those clone pilots, drivers, etc to show up, they look cooler than the Ep II troopers and pilots.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Yup, picked up Dagobah and Cantina Lego sets for 10 and 7 dollars, not too bad. I dont collect them, but as I was putting them together I forgot how much fun they were!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Woot, found my Darth Tater!!!

Vortex
02-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Where did you score that?

Well the computer is finally to a degree updated. Had to spring for a new video card, 2 stick of memory and a new hard drive...who knew 160 GB would only set me back 90 bucks.

But I just dropped 550.00 on computer stuff, I don't think I'll be hitting midnight madness at the TRU on April 2nd. I'm definitly being selective for the next few months...although darth tater does look pretty cool.

Val Da Car
02-27-2005, 08:03 AM
My Wife wants the Darth Tater and I would love to know where you found it. I thought it was a April 2 release...maybe not.

Kidhuman
02-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah where did you find it? Give us all a heads up.

Val Da Car
02-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Rebo always has the HOOK UP!!!

Maybe because he is near the HOME of TarGeT.

Lucky Bastage....wait though Target is HQ'd in Minn....brrrrr colder than me in Wisconsin.....

;-)

Vortex
02-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Rebo always has the HOOK UP!!!

Maybe because he is near the HOME of TarGeT.

Lucky Bastage....wait though Target is HQ'd in Minn....brrrrr colder than me in Wisconsin.....

;-)

Close, I work 3 blocks from the Target HQ, Rebo is just a tad futher oop nord ya betcha.

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Ya sure you bet

Sorry, Ive been working for the Beargrease Race and havent had much time on here......

Picked him up at TRU, it was the last one. Was th release supposed to be April 2nd? Has anyone else found them?

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Heres some sweet photos, release is March I guess, so its not too early.....

Kidhuman
02-28-2005, 10:23 AM
According to EE's website, Darth Tater listed as hot off the truck,so be expecting these things in stores soon. BTW did you find them in the kiddie aisle or in the SW section?

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-28-2005, 11:24 AM
You could say I found em in the "tots" aisle:sur:

Vortex
03-02-2005, 01:47 PM
*Groan....*

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
lol .

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Found some ROTS stuff at Target - Obi Wans fighter, Tri-fighter and ROTS GH. Also POTC and the Preview wave are already on clearance at 4.88.

Didnt pick anything up yet though.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-12-2005, 09:01 AM
An odd find at WM yesterday. They had SW key rings and air fresheners in the automitive department. They looked pretty sweet at 2.47 and .97. I got a Yoda freshener and keyring, but Ill be back for both that have Leia in slave outfit.....:crazed:

Vortex
03-14-2005, 03:06 PM
That's crazy...

Well I talked to my toy guy today and I'm gonna put him on the look out for that lava vader and spirit yoda on the 2nd. I'll be outta town that weekend so I'll miss all the action, but I'm sure he'll snag me one of everything.

Well Rebo, I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend...cloquet and duluth. I'll be having dinner at the Gitchi Gammi Club. Might have to do a little shopping or checking out the toy isle up there this weekend. Right now I'm slated to drive, but things could change, but if you see a blue rx-8 rolling down 35 or around downtown duluth that weekend, honk, its me.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, this limited Lava Vader thing sounds pretty good, I read in another thread they are limited to like 36 per store or somethin? Guess Ill be at Target nice and early.....

Goin to the Gitchi? Are you goin to the Brewfest too, I think thats this weekend? There isnt much for toys up here, just the same old same old. If you see a busted A## blue explorer honk, its me.:)

Are you goin to CIII by chance? I think I have just decided that Im going to go.

Vortex
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Yea I hope my friend can snag me a vader but I'm not going to hold my breath. Odds are they'll show up on line at the star wars site later anyways.

If I have time I might stop in at the brewfest if its this weekend, might walk down Canal Street and see if any old memories or ghosts come back before the event kicks off. Been to the brewfest once with my friends who went to St. Scholastica...don't remember much cept for the house of tacos...yummy.

As for CIII, no probably not. I didn't go to any of the others. But hey if you do go, I'll fork over some cash for one of those CIII vaders, or I'll trade you for a CII Sacul figure...I think I have 2 or 3...just have to unearth them...

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey man how was your trip up here? Find anything worthwhile?

Vortex
03-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Didn't have time to go hunting. But the weekend went well.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
So what did everyone else find?

Target - Lava Vader, Clone, Red Gaurd
WM - Chewbacca, 3PO, Dooku, GG, Bodygaurd,
TRU - Holo Yoda, Vader

On a whim I went to the worlds biggest rummage sale, otherwise known as KMart and found the 12'' Greivous for 10% off. Their prices didnt even seem to be inflated, he was only 19.37.

Havent bought much, Im impressed how much Ive held back, but this trip in a couple weeks will be far better..................

Val Da Car
04-03-2005, 09:14 PM
TRU Last Wed - $5 Micro Machines (Falcon, Tie & X Wing)
TRU - MM Holo Yoda, ARC 170 GG, GG Bodyguards, Blue Guard dudes, Bail Organa,
Target Sat Am - Holo Vader, Dlx Sidious, Darth Vader, Shaak Ti (for the wifey)
Target Sat pM - Gen Tarful, 3 Sneek Preview wave for 1.74 each
WM - Nothing.

My TRU put up a FANTASTIC display. Triple my 24 "Super" WM and double the nearby Target. (in fact the closer target I avoided and glad I did...I saw pegs for the Lava Vader)

I am not sure if I like the lava vader cause Beef Cake bodies don't do it for me. My wife does like it though.....I think the C3 Vader will be hopefully a better sculpt.....

oh well wait and see......

I need some new clone pilots now.....only saw up to figure #30ish...

Vortex
04-03-2005, 09:25 PM
I've got #1-#32, picked up the unleashed, and the 12" grievous and clone.

I ordered the Wal-Mart early bird special off the web, along with the holo yoda. My TRU didn't have them and the manger said they wouldn't see them till the 10th or after.

I ordered the ships from Amazon since I had some discount cards and that's about it.

Picked up the novel, the graphic novel and the art of ROTS.

Was out drinking that friday night and after the bars closed I went to Wal-mart since they had a tent, but the guy guarding the tent said they didn't open till 8 am. I went inside and found most of it picked over.

My friend sold me his lava vader for 15, still debating on keeping it.

To be honest, most the figs really aren't anything special. the body guards and grievous are cool, but the rest are dogs...how man kit's or Ki's does some one need...

So are you guys really going to C III?

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah, the only ones I really liked were the OT characters..................everything else was kinda "meh"

Yeah, Im all set to go, cant wait.

Vortex
04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Are all the C III vaders spoken for? If you need $ or have an extra, let me know. I lighten your load.

Yea, I'm waiting for the next waves to hit for ep. III toys. Most of these were rehashes and rather lame.

Vortex
04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Well how did CIII go?

As for finding stuff. I'm short the AT_TE driver and the chopper droid. But I've found 39 and 40.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Went well, the lines really sucked though. Ill probably have an extra Vader for you, but it may take a while. Im still quite attatched to them after having to wait for eight and a half hours..................in time.

Yeah I have found everything except the tank gunner, seen quite a bit of everything else though. Finally got the red gaurd and 2 blue saber Palpatines.

Val Da Car
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Hello Boyos!

I have found a few Clone Commanders and only two Blue Palpatines.

but my wife really digs the Exclusive figs this year (even Lava Vader) but not Yoda too much.

no AT TE so far but I did not the Chopper Driod & Mas at Kohl's

I did get the C3 from the Star Wars Shop....since the Mrs. is on the exclusive roll...

Found a few Super ART Target Clonies, too

Vortex
04-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Hold onto your vader, I'm not totally sold on him.

Well if you run across a chopper droid or extra tank drivers, keep me posted. Its slim pickens at times and the spring scalpers are out in full bloom this time of year in the cities.

How are the target clone troopers? cool or just same old with a new deco?

I missed the Star wars shop offering. I tried to log on right after getting the e-mail, but I couldn't sign in, and I couldn't add the vaders to my cart. So I just said to heck with it.

I wasn't impressed with the lava vader either, and I have two still in the star case. But at least they are offering something differnt. I'd like to get that holo leia and I still need to send in my early bird cert. to get that set. I'm just too busy and sort of lazy to mail it in.

Val Da Car
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Target is warming up by me....the new one that just opened in SE Wisconsin had the DLX Trooper w/Jet Pack...only one left but plenty enough for me.

Looks very cool....and on my door...the EE set of troopers and a 4 pack of RED Royal Guards.....ROTS Style......sweet.

That is all to report....checking out!

Val Da Car
04-29-2005, 10:29 PM
The Target Clonies will be like #41 Super C3 Clones...with the paint scheme like the 12" Clone but I figure someday (if it is in the movie) that there will be a command figure with the same paint deco.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Hey tj, I already sent you an email but I do have an extra chopper if you still need him. I noticed you have bid on my extra one and Id be more than happy to take it off for you.

No Target clones by me yet , although I may go over the bridge and see what I can find.

I have finally found the tank driver, the only one Ive ever seen. Everything else up to forty is pretty abundant............

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-30-2005, 09:27 PM
My sister called this afternoon and she found me a vintage AT-AT at a garage sale!! It is missing a few parts, but it was only a quarter! Im so stoked.

Vortex
05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
sweet score on the walker. I have an old dusty one still in a beat up old box from last summer.

I picked off 2 Target clone troopers, pretty cool, but really nothing to special. I think I'll pre-order those 3 pack sets of evolution figs. I see the stormtrooper evolution sets, and I gotta get me one or two of those yellow clones.

I ordered 2 super articulated (dirty) clones, 1 nemoidian soldier, and 1 wookie warrior from the Hasbro site, save me some time and headache of searching. Also just to see how good they are. My toy guy said he's got a delux flying trooper for me, so I can't wait to see that.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Dang, I havent found any Target Clones yet, I think Ill drive over to Superior as soon as Im done posting and see what they have.

New Dlx are out, havent seen any yet though. I too thought about ordering but I have had no problems finding anything up here so Ill just wait it out. I hope the Evolutions are as cool as they sound.

Oh hey Ill send out your chopper tomorrow, thanks!

Val Da Car
05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Boys......Boys....

I have seen the DLX wave in full effect.....

Yoda w/ Can Cell
Vader Operating room table.
Jet Pack Stormie
Droid Fighter

All in the past two days...

LMK if you are interested....as well as a few Clone Pilots (cause the ARC-170 don't fly itself!)

Vortex
05-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Well at least you're finding stuff. St. Paul and Minneapolis is scalper central and I see more new stuff show up at the comic shops for twice the price.

I know my toy guy is out early every morning on the hunt, stocking up for the next toy/comic show.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good for bit. Not sure about the yoda/dragonfly thing. But delux turn into peg warmers after a while. I'm sure they'll turn up, and I want to look at some of them 1st hand before I buy them.

bobafrett
05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
While I was traveling through Wisconsin this weekend, I found the two 12" female Jedi figures in Minnoqua (sp?) and I also saw the droind ship with buzz droid from the Vader operating table series, however, no table/vader at a Target in Steven's point.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Dang, theres nothing like that up here, can you show a pic of what the Vader looks like as its probably the only one I will get.

Still no luck on the Target Clones, Im wondering if Ive missed it or if they will get them at all.

I stopped in Superior Wal Mart while I was over there, and they changed their layout. Instead of pegs, everything in tossed about on shelves. I thought I was in K Mart for a second.

Vortex
05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure some will turn up.

I found my 2 on the front of the pegs, don't know if there were more, but they seemed to be the only 2 out there. Don't know if they are short packed or what, but give'em time.

The delux stuff, will be a peg warmer, the 1st wave already is. They are marked down at a couple of stores already. I seen the buzz droid ship too at target so the stuff should be on its way.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Found all the new dlx and the newest regular figs (sa clone , warriors and whatnot) The only thing I bought were 2 sa clones, the rest werent that great. The new deluxe look like crap, the only one worth getting would be the Vader. The clone should just be a regular figure, there nothing special about it. I dunno.....

Oh yeah, I asked AFA some questions about my Prowse signed CIII Vader and heres what they said -

Hi Nate. Thank you for your inquiry.

1. We do consider an autograph to be a flaw, and so the overall grade
for the piece would be limited to 70. However, many collectors
familiar with AFA know this is something we do, and would likely look to the
subgrades for additional information regarding the overall condition of
the item. Also, if you would prefer, we can simply case this figure
without grading it for our posted grading prices.

2. We do remove the batteries on this figure, but you may do this
yourself before sending it in if you like-we do not consider this to be
tampering.

Lame-o. The figure would deffinitly get an 85-90, no doubt, its the most pristine figure I have ever owned. Too bad a signature is now a flaw. Oh well, guess Ill just be picking up a regular acrylic case....

Vortex
05-11-2005, 02:49 PM
way to go on the score.

I found all the delux myself, and my friend picked off the flying clone...they aren't bad, but then again, delux, are delux, and have been substandard ever since they 1st showed up way back in the day.

Sorry to hear about AFA. As far as I'm concerned, forget AFA and their whole grading policy. For me a signature makes the card worth more. AFA to me is a joke. If I was you, I wouldn't bother, the odds of you selling that thing are slim to non anyways. Put it in a case and put it some place. I got a C III fig from my toy guy for 25.00 and its a cool fig, but only a cool fig to us star wars nuts.

Val Da Car
05-21-2005, 03:12 PM
3x Super ART's
Statiss Alle Speeder..
Crab Droid!!!
Blue Royal Guards

me $50 poorer

whooT

1000 th POST.....what do I win?

;-)

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 04:01 PM
whooT

1000 th POST.....what do I win?

;-)

The unalienable right to make a 1,001st post!! :D

Val Da Car
05-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I figured it would be a chance for a better pic over on the left.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Nice score, I just found up to 46 the other day.

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 11:31 PM
How is Tarkin?

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Havent found too much, same as everyone else. The last thing I bought was a few SA clones. Nothing too special. I cant wait to get back to OT figures.

Although, at my sisters grad party my uncle (the one who got me into SW when I was in 1st grade) pulled me aside and said he had some junk in his car I could have, if I wanted. I looked and he had a Vader, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett Don post helmets. They arent the best in detail, but still very cool.

Vortex
06-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Cool score.

I haven't seen or found anything new past the destroyer droid. Targets in the metro are downsizing already, and the TRU in Roseville is going out of businesses. I went to dinner in Roseville on Sunday and they had the banners up and people standing on the corner with signs saying everything had to go.

I think the toy disapearance is beginning...

Val Da Car
06-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Bummer about your TRU......

I did find at WM the Tarkin, Meena & Ask Aak.

but I still support my local TRU....

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-18-2005, 07:31 AM
"Man, we aint found ####!"

I did see the new cups though, Boba looks sweet, but maybe thats only because I have a secret crush on him......... I also saw the mini Tantive playset.

Vortex
06-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Well I still haven't found the Tarkin wave, haven't seen anything new and the displays are thinning pretty fast.

bobafrett
06-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I found both the Tarkin and the Anakin on Mustafar wave. Both were found in my Wal-Mart in Illinois, and both were gone within an hour of hitting the pegs, well that and the store opening.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-21-2005, 09:06 AM
I have pretty much given up on rots figures, they just arent that cool. I think I have only bought around a dozen so far, and I only want 3 or 4 more. BRING ON THE OT FIGURES!!

Vortex
06-21-2005, 02:09 PM
My big concern is...

If the stores shipments are dwindling due to their pre-orders, and hasbro not giving us an update for the rest of the year and what's on the horizon, my gut is telling me that the next waves in 06 are going to be very hard to find at retail and online sources might be the only to get the figs.

After episode I, and II a few months after and the following year the stock was pretty much dried up and gone. I had to order a lot of cases from EE and other places to get the figs. It seems to be the cycle of the retailers and hasbro. Even look at the nose dive the OTC and repro -vintage line took prior to the movie.

I guess I'm just expecting the worse around here and really don't see the Star Wars line surviving long into 06.

Jade_Dragon
06-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Has anyone found a Republic Gunship in the Metro area? I have been searching since April and have yet to see one.

Val Da Car
06-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Jade, Welcome to the SSG Forums!!!

Actually I found one a while ago at Mayfair Mail north of MKE at a Suncoast otherwise I bought mine from KBToys.com for $29. + Frieght.

Vortex
06-23-2005, 09:14 PM
No, haven't seen any, and wasn't too sure they ever hit the street. I think Rebelscum or Galactichunter had a Q&A about that. If Val got one on-line and see one they are out there.

I never paid much attention to it since I have two...the 1st run and then over priced clone wars version that's nothing more than changed paint.

But good luck with the hunt. I haven't seen them at the Target HQ, other Targets, Wal-Marts or TRU.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey, welcome!

Found plenty of Gunships and ARC 170's in the Duluth area.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Hey t, hows it been goin?

Jade_Dragon
06-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone
Thanks for the welcome Rebo's_Guitarist

They may be fairly common now but i was just at the Woodbury Toysrus and they have at least 7 of the Mustafar Duel sets. They also had 3 ARC fighters left.
The Super Target in Arden Hills had 10+ of the C-3PO figures.

Sorry if these are not rare, just trying to do some recon.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I havent found a thing in weeks. Stupid Nemo warriors are everywhere.

Vortex
08-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while...busy with the wedding stuff, moving out to Eagan, and some other stuff.

I've been to the East metro stores and the ones in Eagan and I too can't find junk. My toy collector buddy snagged me the Zett wave but outside of that I haven't seen or heard of anything new. Had to buy the Tarkin line through amazon. But again every since 99 this has been common. The local stores only got so much, and if its a dog of a sell after a while and the boxes just stop coming.

I guess after years of seeing the lines dry up around here and learning of the stores pre-order info I sort of expected it. I'm leary about this winters stuff too. I only want a few of those 12 repains...droids, the shadow troopers, shock troopers, etc, but I'm gonna pass on the wookies, nemo guard, grev's guards etc. I can do without a repaint.

But maybe for the DVD release we'll see more, but I'm guessing they'll just try to move the old tired stock instead. Oh well, if nothing more, there's so many online vendors that after a few months once the rabid fans get their fill the prince starts to go down and things go on sale. I just might get more picky and choosy since there's alot of repacks and repaints.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Finally found the end of ROTS a few weeks ago, and Unleashed Vader. I still cant find a 500 Vader though. Target had shelf tags but have taken them down..........................

Vortex
09-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Better than me. I still haven't found the last 3, and all that's on the pegs are mas and polis and junk warmers. Quite a few stores have really downsized.

I had to buy my 500th vader from an online vendor, I didn't see any either.

Val Da Car
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Bummer...you guys should have let me know...

I have two WM's that have like 8 of the 500th Vaders for $14.88each and I found the Obi Wan Pilot wave with the AT RT Gunners x 20 and the Mustafar sentry x 6.

I only saw the Zett wave once and hooked up another collector who traded me the Target panels from the uber SW Section from April.

LMK if you are looking for other figs...I placed an order for both repaints of the Clones Evo pack if you guys want in I going to call BBTS and add the EE Droid 10 pack also.

Vortex
09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
If you run across the last 3 again, grab them for me. I'll pay ya via paypal or check.

I've got the droids on order and last night I ordered the 2nd clone evo set. Looks much cooler than the 1st. Thank goodness for EE.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-23-2005, 08:11 PM
I think i might need a vader, i dont think they will get them any time soon up here...........................let me know if you need anything...........

Val Da Car
09-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Made the rounds and found some things....

WM Anakin Evo,500 vader (like 20 of them)
Target Clone Evo set, Obiwan wave
Shopko - Shocktrooper (picked up)

bobafrett
09-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Down here in Illinois, I found figures #57, #58, and # 59 as well as the Sith Evo pack! They came in on the truck this afternoon.

DarthZylek
09-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Down here in Illinois, I found figures #57, #58, and # 59 as well as the Sith Evo pack! They came in on the truck this afternoon.

At which store?

bobafrett
09-26-2005, 04:10 PM
At which store?

Villa Park, the figures were bought up by collectors this morning, they also had #63. The Sith Evo packs were just about gone, still plenty of clonestrooper/sandtrooper evo packs though.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-28-2005, 08:16 AM
What happened, it was so good up here during the OTC waves............

Vortex
09-28-2005, 05:55 PM
I finally picked off the flee circus rider, obi pilot and the clone. I'm up to speed on stuff, and I think the last 12...I'm going to be very selective. The 2 clone commanders for sure, but beyond that, its all rehash.

I'm still waiting to see/hear the rest of the 06 line up...if there is actually going to be one. A couple more targets in the cities have cleared out the star wars space. Here we go again.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Its been a while, work is really getting rugged.

Found
Vader 500
Vader unleashed
All of the last 12, only bought Commanders, 501st, and Holos
Reflections Obi and Vader

NEED
Holo Emperor ****desperately***will trade from last 12*****

Hopefully Ill be on here more often now that I have hired some new people, I miss it terribly here!!!!!

Val Da Car
11-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Howdy Boys,

I understand, I have been reassigned to another location at work and now I am pulling longer weeks and fewer ops to shop.

I did find a Grey Evo set on Sat and shopping online at Kbtoys seems worth it.

Vortex
11-13-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm up to speed on everything and just found the sith evo set at a comic shop. So I'm done and up to speed, with the exception of the stealth trooper.

In 06 I'm cutting way back to just the new sculpts...the new paint jobs I'l probably pass on, but there's only a few I really want from the next few waves.

I will want 4 clone commandos and I'll paint them to match the crew in the game.

good luck with your new assignments, I'm busy at work myself and work around the new house. All my stuff is still in plastic tubs and it will be many years before I make a display case for the loose figs...but in time.

Just glad to hear everyone is still alive and kicking.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Good news - I got my dream vehicle 3 weeks ago - 94 Wrangler Sahara, lifted, huge tires, everything I wanted

Bad news - Some jerk off stole it out of my driveway last night.........

Who steals cars anymore? Geez..........

Val Da Car
11-17-2005, 11:05 PM
GET OUT!!!!

MY sister-in law has one just like that so I know exactly which vehicle you are describing.

Total bummer dude.

Vortex
11-18-2005, 07:58 AM
No freaking way....but it is Duluth, and trucks have a big 'ol target on their hoods.

I think you had it pimped out too much:)

That's a bummer, but hopefully the cops will find it some place.

sith_killer_99
11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Who steals cars anymore? Geez..........

The #1 stolen car in America is a Honda Civic.

Apparently the #1 theives stealing them are SUV owners. LOL JK

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.:(

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Well, I got it back the day after I posted.

my steerring column is destroyed but insurance will cover it and its still driveable. Of course someone found it halfway up an off road hill. I guess they stalled it and bailed. The only things the took were the remote for my cd player and some empty cd cases...............they left me a cheap lighter.....

Oh, and to make it better, my 501st clone and holo Jedis were safe and sound in the back seat:yes:

bobafrett
11-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh, and to make it better, my 501st clone and holo Jedis were safe and sound in the back seat:yes:

You can steal a mans truck, but never mess with his Star Wars collection! Glad to hear your truck was safely recovered! I wish someone would steal my car!

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Glad you got the car back Rebo. And the figures were a nice added bonus, I would have assumed those lost if it were me.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-29-2005, 12:46 AM
So here it is, my AT-AT

My insurance estimate was a grand more than my dealership estimate. All I really have to pay is the 800 for the new colum, the other 1900 is mine for whatever since I can do the bodywork myself. Think I better invest in an alarm..........

bobafrett
11-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Sweet, is that a soft top? I always hated when my dad had one in my youth, because I always feared someone would break into it.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Yeah its got a hard top, soft top, and a full bikini top with toneu and rear window.......also has steel half doors........cant wait till summer.....

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Found both Seperation packs not too long ago. Also got the BB Vader as an early present.

Vortex
12-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Good finds. I found those too, but I passed on the BB Vader. I was hunting high and low for the holo emperor, but couldn't find him. I went to amazon a few days back and they are all sold out. Oh well I'll just keep watch on ebay and see what comes to light.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-24-2005, 08:15 AM
FOUND THE NEW SAGA 2!!!!!!

Walmart had s bunch of them, only got Han, Boba, Barada, and Leia. Leia looks like rubish thogh,.....no neck. 5.88 each. After promising I wouldnt get into the mini holos I soon found myself looking for the best ones........got prequel Obi, Yoda, Vader and Sidious........now I just noticed I left a holo Fett there.........dang it.

Target has ALL ROTS clearanced, figures 3.54? I think. Mustafar playset 20, and I think cups were like 9.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Nate

Val Da Car
12-24-2005, 09:01 AM
It Has Begun!!!

Mu Ha Ha Ha Ha!

bobafrett
12-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Got mine today too! Yesssss! Wait, this means I will continue to be broke, with lots of toys to keep me company.

Val Da Car
12-25-2005, 06:30 AM
Went to the local WM and they did not have a SINGLE 3 3/4 figure.

Only Vader helmets, 1 Ultra Diecast a six lightsabers.

bobafrett
12-25-2005, 11:45 AM
My WM here in Illinois was pretty picked over, except right before Christmas eve they put out the SW transformers, the unleashed battle sets, and the first 6 saga like was mentioned above. By Christmas eve morning not nary a SW item to be found.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Found some new stuff -

Saw some of the Hoth wave, got Veers and an ATAT Driver, passed on the Snowtrooper and Derlin for now

Found some Tarkins on clearance At Wal Mart which was kind of a surprise, also got the early bird set

Oh yeah, I finally found a Spud Trooper today, its pretty sweet.

My TRU is closing down, but who cares they never had anything anyways......except I guess Ill miss out on exclusives......oh well....

Vortex
01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Good finds.

I haven't seen anything new yet. It still seems to be a ghost town at the target behind the house.

Oh well the only thing I'll really after are the clone commandos and cody, along with the next VOTC wave and the metal figs. I'm saving up.

I'll be in Duluth for the Burns night in a couple of weeks at the Gitchi Gammi Club...keep an eye out for a blue RX-8 one saturday.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah......still drivin that awful thing?:love: Lucky......