PDA

View Full Version : So WHY can't we save?!?!?!?!?

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 02:29 PM
I went to the official site, downloaded the new making of, found it in my cache and saved it. When I went to open it, it gave me an error instructing me to download it again from SW.com. The last excuse I heard for this BS is that bandwidth is expensive so they are going to charge for QT pro in order to save videos......oh wait.....IF the content provider allows you to do so. What do they think we are going to do with their precious content???? Perhaps we would download a trailer and save it in order to get others excited about something we enjoy. OH NO!!!!!!!! Why would they want us to do that?!??!?!??!?! It might bring in more of an audience!! I am sick of it!!! Anyone else? I am requesting the aid of any "Hacker" who reads this and feels the same. Figure out a way to crack their protective shell so we can save their content! Someone must know how to do it!

Jargo
12-22-2001, 04:46 PM
But - but, that would be naughty and you a moderator too.......:( my faith is lost and where do I turn for guidance now that my godhead is fallen and his feet are made of clay.........

yeah it ticked me off too. why bother to offer this for download if you can't save it to view later. I can't afford to spend hours downloading every time I want to watch the damn documentary. It was savable for the last seven so what's with this one? tight fisted penny pinching skinflints!!!:frus: :Pirate: :mad: I'm not being blackmailed into buying some piece of software so that I can save a damn segment of a documentary or a piffling advert for the movie. Who the hell do they think we are? Do they think we just sit here and manufacture money by the container load? Obviously so. These companies are getting so damn greedy it makes me feel like giving up and not spending one single penny on any star wars product. Or even going to the movies to see episode two or three. if we all didn't go to see the movies that'd give them a wake up call wouldn't it? But no, most likely the fans will all roll over like dogs and see the shiny pictures and go all giggly like girls and start spouting Lucas loving mantra. "but it's star wars, how can it be bad if george made it?"

Yeah bring on the hackers and geeks and get that documentary downloaded and converted to some user friendly format so we can all save it and stick two fingers up to Lucasfilm and Apple.
Yeah that's gonna work isn't it.....?:rolleyes:

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 05:50 PM
Never know......one can always hope though. I checked movielist.com before posting this topic. It was not available there.............yet *crossing fingers*.

But - but, that would be naughty and you a moderator too....... my faith is lost and where do I turn for guidance now that my godhead is fallen and his feet are made of clay.........

What can I say.....sorry I let ya down ;).

I found the file in 6 parts with the following file extensions:

.rar .r00 .r01 .r02 .r03 .r04 .r05

They are about 4 - 5 meg each in the star wars newsgroup. I am unfamiliar with this format, and there aren't any updates that WMP, QT, or Real can download to play this file. Anyone familiar with it?

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 08:04 PM
RAR is a compression utility that is available here:

http://www.defsol.se/frar.html

I am going to have to remember that I usually end up answering the questions I post in the general discussion area.:rolleyes:

Please direct discussion of the 8th making of vid to this topic in the E2 spoilers section:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2516

I still want to know how you crack those QT files!!!!

GNT
12-22-2001, 08:23 PM
Give me 5 minutes and I'll hack into the SW mainframe,stealing all documents,pictures,money,designs etc,etc and I'll get you a saveable "Making of E2 part 8 doco"

I wonder how many years i'd get for doing it? ;)

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 08:55 PM
I don't want ya gettin' in trouble GNT. Just do what I did.

Again:

I want to know how you crack QT movies! I don't want to depend on someone else to do it for me. My search for the answer to this dilemma continues.