PDA

View Full Version : Pg-13?

InsaneJediGirl
09-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Flipping through a Wal-Mart advertisement my Grandfather got in the mail,I noticed they had screen shots of the OT DVD with the rating of "PG-13" in the corner.How does this go to a PG movie to PG-13 when todays standards have fallen?A typo?From the changes I have heard,there is nothing really to warrant this.

stillakid
09-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Flipping through a Wal-Mart advertisement my Grandfather got in the mail,I noticed they had screen shots of the OT DVD with the rating of "PG-13" in the corner.How does this go to a PG movie to PG-13 when todays standards have fallen?A typo?From the changes I have heard,there is nothing really to warrant this.

Interesting. They would have had to resubmit the films to the board to get the new rating. But anyway, PG-13 didn't come into play until after Temple of Doom in 1984...at least a couple of years after ROTJ was released so if it was resubmitted, it could qualify. Based on what scenes exactly, your guess is as good as mine. Probably the Ewok battle most likely. I do distinctly recall sitting in a theater when the little guy gets killed and the little kids next to me being disturbed about it.

Kidhuman
09-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Holy crap it is rated PG-13. Maybe they let the Oola slip show for a little longer. Who knows.

JediTricks
09-04-2004, 02:15 AM
PG-13 was invented for Temple of Doom.

The Oola slip(s) in the original version AND the SE version both passed by the MPAA the first time, I can't imagine Lucas changing it even further to make it more obvious. Or maybe the DVD format is so clear that they finally see it for what it is, one of the first "wardrobe malfunctions". ;)

According to Amazon.com, it's still PG, but I could easily have believed that the MPAA had re-reviewed the film and was more conservative with the PG rating than 7 years ago and 27 years ago (didn't ANH actually get a G the first time out?).

BTW, the PG rating that the SE has is for Fantasy Violence and Brief Mild Language, so I guess there WILL be hell to pay after all. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Reasons why the DVD is now PG-13:

- "Jedi Rocks" was a scene of extreme emotional violence
- "new" Sarlaac was too gross
- toppling the statue on Coruscant was mob violence
- the herd of banthas destroyed vegetation (herbicide)

I don't know... :confused:

chrisc
09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I havent heard but was wondering if George has added more to the movies for the DVD release, or if its the special edition just on DVD?

Pendo
09-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Well they they're al still a U rating over here in the UK (although the DVD is a PG possbly because of Special Features). I can't see what could be so "violent" to bring it up to a PG-13. Maybe the special features show audience reaction to the Special Edition changes!!! Actualy that would probably bring the rating up to an R :crazed:!

PENDO!

The 'Xir
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Forget Oola, hopefully a deleted scene is put into RotJ where Princess Leia has a wardrobe malfunction!!! Or maybe not! :ermm:

Dave_Cameron
09-07-2004, 01:08 PM
That's strange. I guess we'll have to take a look at the actual packaging to see if that was just a layout gaffe.

2-1B
09-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Pendo, maybe they edited the AOTC Jango headbutt into the OT to bump up the UK rating ? :p

Pendo
09-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Pendo, maybe they edited the AOTC Jango headbutt into the OT to bump up the UK rating ? :p
I bloody hope so!!! Maybe it's quickly edited into RotJ, a quick ILM job and it looks like Boba Fett is actually doing something interesting before he snuffs it!

PENDO!