PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront Scout Trooper Variations

Turbowars
09-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Here's some package variants that might make a few of us crazy to find.

NOT FOR RESALE printed on card
Green sticker over NOT FOR RESALE
NOT FOR RESALE removed from the card
Good luck guys.:stupid:

stillakid
09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Here's some package variants that might make a few of us crazy to find.

NOT FOR RESALE printed on card
Green sticker over NOT FOR RESALE
NOT FOR RESALE removed from the card
Good luck guys.:stupid:

I preorded mine from EB Games. Any idea when they ship out?

Turbowars
09-04-2004, 07:11 PM
20th of this month

Bobby Fett
09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Are there definitely going to be "clean" and "dirty" versions as well?

If so, any idea on how they will combine with the three card variations?

Thanks

Turbowars
09-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Hell, I have no idea on that one. Man if there are to be dirty and clean versions, there will be 6 variants for us lost souls to collect. I'd be happy with the 1st release and what ever card the Dirty one gets put on.:)

stillakid
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Hell, I have no idea on that one. Man if there are to be dirty and clean versions, there will be 6 variants for us lost souls to collect. I'd be happy with the 1st release and what ever card the Dirty one gets put on.:)

How will you get multiple versions without repurchasing the game? :confused:

Turbowars
09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Some on-line stores are getting them. I guarantee that Crap *** Brian's toys will get them and charge 50 bucks for them without a game. The label change is kind of a give away that they will be available from other places. I ordered mine from Burbank EB games. Where did you get your Stilla?

stillakid
09-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Some on-line stores are getting them. I guarantee that Crap *** Brian's toys will get them and charge 50 bucks for them without a game. The label change is kind of a give away that they will be available from other places. I ordered mine from Burbank EB games. Where did you get your Stilla?

I got an email from Briantoys offering them for $20 a piece. Not sure where they found an open truck, but they seem to have enough loose to sell.

I ordered mine online from EBgames, if I remember correctly. I have to start writing this stuff down. (I can't remember if I pre-ordered the Sandcrawler... :sur: )

Bobby Fett
09-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Here are a couple of links for those who haven't seen the carded figures yet:

Clean Scout Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/swscouttrooper01.jpg

Dirty Scout Trooper
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/06/news20040616_2.html

This is speculation, but it seems to me that if the phrase "Not For Resale" is being covered up and/or not printed on some cards that Hasbro has decided not to make this an exclusive pack-in. The fact that Brian's Toys is offering the figures without the game seems to support this.

Any other ideas or news?

Turbowars
09-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah, kind of what I just said.;)

Turbowars
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
I got an email from Briantoys offering them for $20 a piece. Not sure where they found an open truck, but they seem to have enough loose to sell.

I ordered mine online from EBgames, if I remember correctly. I have to start writing this stuff down. (I can't remember if I pre-ordered the Sandcrawler... :sur: )Well here's the catch from good old brian.
Special Offers on Brand New Items:
Silver Darth Vader (2nd Version) ONLY $19.99 with a purchase of over $50 of other merchandise at regular price (standard price $29.99)

Battlefront Scout Trooper ONLY $19.99 with a purchase of over $50 of other merchandise at regular price (standard price $29.99)

Bobby Fett
09-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah, kind of what I just said.;)

So you did.

I hereby profusely apologize for attempting to plagarize The Great and Powerful Turbowars. ;)

My penance isn't going to involve any combination of bears and poop, is it? :nerv:

(Where's the dadburn spill-checker when you need it?)

Deoxyribonucleic
09-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I got mine at gamestop and they give it to you when you pick up the game. I can't wait for battlefront...the figure is just an added bonus! :D

Samuel Windu
09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Some countries like Taiwan & Hong Kong have the figures only without game.All in clean version.Some cards have green sticker.All I know is the game w/figure is dirty version and US only.Dirty Scout release in US only but no clean.

Val Da Car
09-22-2004, 10:43 PM
if you did not get the scout trooper and still want him....

linky link

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=478

Limited quantity of 3 per household

stillakid
09-23-2004, 01:55 PM
if you did not get the scout trooper and still want him....

linky link

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=478

Limited quantity of 3 per household

It says "item not available." :confused:

I had preordered Battlefront but haven't heard a thing about shipping. Anyone else have this problem?

CrunchyNug
09-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Well my friend, that's because I belive they're sold out. In the description it stated that supplies were extremely limited. BUT, I was lucky enough to squeeze an order in for 2 of them yesterday morning. They were $9.99 each and did not have the "Not for Resale" text. We'll have to see in what condition they arrive.

Val Da Car
09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
yep it is gone....gone daddy gone..

stillakid
09-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Well my friend, that's because I belive they're sold out. In the description it stated that supplies were extremely limited. BUT, I was lucky enough to squeeze an order in for 2 of them yesterday morning. They were $9.99 each and did not have the "Not for Resale" text. We'll have to see in what condition they arrive.

Hey, Nice to hear from you. Are you still working at you know where?

I happened to be working when they put these things up and never had a chance to log in. Bummer. I should have one coming with the Battlefront order though. You'd think they'd learn that they need to make LOTS of this kind of thing instead of armies of Snaggletooths. :ermm:

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey, Nice to hear from you. Are you still working at you know where?

I happened to be working when they put these things up and never had a chance to log in. Bummer. I should have one coming with the Battlefront order though. You'd think they'd learn that they need to make LOTS of this kind of thing instead of armies of Snaggletooths. :ermm:

I had to put off picking mine up until next week because I had to get a tooth pulled. I better get my figure with it since I preordered it.

Turbowars
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I picked mine up from EB Games with Not for Resale printed on the card. It's C9.5+ so I'm pretty happy. The crappy thing is, Hasbro just had to package the gun in a bent position. :rolleyes: Oh and the sides are taped and the top and bottom are heat glued. Strange if you ask me. It's kind of like the CW Animated figure packaging.