PDA

View Full Version : My new vintage obsession

LusiferSam
09-05-2004, 12:07 PM
I've decided that I have a new obsession when it comes to my vintage collection: Instructions. In the past I've pick them up here and there. Sometimes with vehicles or because the person I was buying something else from was also selling instructions. But now I find myself actively looking for them. I know instructions for the A-Wing and Skiff are going to be next impossible to find, but it gives me something to do. :rolleyes:

Anyone else after instructions? How about a new focus or changes in your vintage collecting habits?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2004, 01:47 PM
My "old" obsession has been getting accessories for all my figures, even the ones in really bad shape (I need LOTS of Han guns and stormtrooper guns). For a while, I was trying to ensure that at least one of each of my figures was at least in good shape, but that ended some time ago. I also passed through a catalog phase, and I think I'm done.

Ji'dai
09-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Fortunately I kept all of the instructions, catalogs, and boxes from my vintage toys. I did lose a Death Star box to termites, but I had a spare one. I noticed some rodent damage to my Ewok Village box this summer. I did have them wrapped in plastic, but the mice just ate through that. I'd like to find a corrugated plastic box to store them in.

evenflow
09-06-2004, 08:20 AM
I really wish I could find myself a new obsession with the vintage figures. I have all the figures and variants i want, i have all the weapons, for a while it was the POTF coins, but now I have them all. Now whats left? I have all the Droids and Ewoks MOMC. I don't know where to turn. I really want Vlix and the 63rd coin, but they are really to expensive, although i am getting closer and closer to buyng the 63rd coin. Other than that though i just don't know what to get in to. I wish i could think of somethjing.

Kidhuman
09-06-2004, 09:08 AM
I am obsessed with getting vintage playsets. They cost alot so about twice a year I will buy one. I am working on Hoth right now since they had a few playsets. Just need the Hoth with cardboard AT-AT and that wuill be done. Then it is Dagobah and then Jabba.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2004, 09:12 AM
I really wish I could find myself a new obsession with the vintage figures. Other than that though i just don't know what to get in to. I wish i could think of somethjing.C'mon, General evenflow, weesa gotta think o somepin! :D

I just had an idea: what about "non-mint" figures that their owners "customized." I recall my friends coloring our figures with markers, painting them, adding little features (paper holsters and saber scabbards were popular), gluing things to them, etc. What about that as an idea? Maybe. Whatever... :confused:

Others:
Get all the vehicles
Get all the playsets
Find boxes/cards with price tags (0nly $1.99 for that?!? :eek: )
You sure you found every variant (new ones peek out everyday)

LusiferSam
09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
My "old" obsession has been getting accessories for all my figures, even the ones in really bad shape (I need LOTS of Han guns and stormtrooper guns).
That was my old trip to. I got the last couple of accessories I needed (Lumat's bow and a brown snake for Yoda) in March. That was a daily thing for me. My first stop on the web is always SSG. I'd check out one other site then hit eBay and do a search of "weapons" everyday for the last 5 years. So I almost feel like I need to be actively hunting for something.

Fortunately I kept all of the instructions, catalogs, and boxes from my vintage toys.
I managed to hang on to most of the instructions and catalogs I got a kid. The catalogs aren't in great shape because I spend so much time pining over them. Unfortunately I had very few vehicles or playsets, so when starting this part of my collection I was basically working from scratch.