PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Lando Suprise (for me, at least).

AmanaMatt
09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Hello everybody, I am now in Texas, and within 2 days of being here, I scored the VOTC C-3P0 (Galactic Hunter is insane to say this is the best) and the highly excellent Lando -

Ok, question that pertains to my suprise, the interior cloth material has the pattern design, and not the solid color look as the earlier pics showed.

I know this is new on the streets, but when people score this, I will be curious as to see if any of them have a solid pattern.

This is, IMO, the best ESB Lando ever - the articulation and excellent sculpt make this quite a bit better over the already great resculpted Lando we got a couple of years back.

Samuel Windu
09-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Nice score!!!Yeah,I agreed with you.It is the best Lando.So I'm so hurry to get him.

Turbowars
09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
OK tell us about 3PO.

Beast
09-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Nice to hear that the inside of his cape has an actual pattern. Care to snap a picture of it and post it up. Is it similar to the cape from the POTJ Lando? If so, great. That one was perfect already. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
The one I saw, and passed up on because the front of his hair wasn't painted, seemed to have a solid blue cape, but that may just be the way it was folded inside the bubble.

C-3PO, which I did pick up, is actually a nicely done figure, until you look at his face. He has a puckered mouth look too him, the mouth is almost absent.

I've got to say, that out of the VOTC figures I've found (Luke, Han, Ben, Leia, C-3PO, Yoda, and Lando) Only Han has impressed me so far. I've been more impressed by the new OTC figures, even Luke, with his weird, almost cartoony, heads.

TheDarthVader
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I still have not found him, but I am sure I will soon. IMO, the POTJ Lando was the best ever (but I haven't seen the new one yet). I hope the cape HAS the pattern.

B.
TDV

AmanaMatt
09-07-2004, 12:24 AM
OK tell us about 3PO.

As for C-3PO, this is the best looking version of this figure....from the side profile! I am not joking, but from that angle, he looks great. Looking dead on, I dunno, but this fig is a mess: the neck seems to long, the face looks off, he has an odd pose, the pelvis area seems huge, and his legs are very skinny looking. In addition, the arms do not have the more accurate looking type that we got with R-3PO, which was a great looking figure. For my money, if that had just Vac metallized the R-3PO fig, I would have been much happier than the figure we actually got - and for $10, this fig just plain blows (yeah, I bought it, I know).

As to the VOTC Lando, really, I cannot imagine how they could really improve on it that much, except perhaps the cape - while it has the pattern, this is not quite as colorful looking as the last. Truth be told, I have no idea which is more movie accurate, so as such, I was happy with what I saw, which was a great looking fig with excellent articulation. IMO, this is a figure almost equal in value to the excellent VOTC Han.

Devo
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Is this new Lando taller than the OTC Lobot? The freeze frame version and the new Lobot both tower over previous Landos for some reason. Didn't they watch the film? Lobot is tiny.

AmanaMatt
09-08-2004, 03:26 AM
I do not have the OTC Lobot loose, but the VOTC Lando is just a bit shorter than the VOTC Han, so this fig is pretty tall.

aceguide
09-08-2004, 07:42 AM
I am looking forward to spotting the VOTC Lando. The POTJ version rocked but you can never have enough Landos.

The pics of the c3po are enough to keep me away. He just looks off from the neck up and the waist down. I think I'll pass.

The whole VOTC line looks pretty disappointing. I have Han, and he was well worth it. Passed on Ben, Leia and Luke - just not my cup of tea. Was hoping for more from yoda so he's a big question mark. Maybe Darth but I have yet to see him.

AmanaMatt
09-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Get Vader - in package, he seems 'ok,' but out: he rocks.

I think that in addition to VOTC Han, people may remember Vader, Lando, Fett, Stormtrooper and Chewie as worth the $10 price (at least, more than the others) - I am really looking forward to those latter three.

As to VOTC Yoda, personally, he is a good fig with awful soft goods, so the fig looks 'ehh' as a result. Be careful on this fig - when I bought Yoda his left arm broke at the elbow, so I had to exchange him. Not a big deal, and most may not be like this, but that was my first experience of a fig breaking on me like that.

VOTC Luke is a real good fig with excellent articulation, but the soft goods shirt holds this fig back, and makes it look a bit cheap, IMO.

OC47150
09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
INHO, Vader and Han tie for first. Too bad we haven't been getting figures like that for before. Well worth the $10.

I had some doubts about Luke until I saw pictures of him posed like he was watching the twin suns setting. Very cool.

Ji'dai
09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Just got a case with this wave in it today. VOTC Lando's headsculpt is similar if not the same as the SAGA Skiff Guard Lando. 3PO does look strange with the pose Hasbro put him in. He also has a noticeable 'bulge' in his front pelvic area.

B'Omarr Monkey
09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
3PO does look strange with the pose Hasbro put him in. He also has a noticeable 'bulge' in his front pelvic area.

I noticed this as well. I believe that it is because he was modeled after the infamous trading card #207. ;) :D

joe-da
09-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Haven't found VOTC Lando yet...

But the POTJ is great - would be excellent if his "gun arm" had elbow movement so it wasn't always action-posed/stuck there like that.

Jaff
09-10-2004, 08:50 AM
I was lucky enough to score these a week ago, and even though I am not impressed with the 3PO the Lando is just terrific. What a beautiful figure. The Darth looks nice too. I've been thinking about taking the Darth out of his package. It's too bad they did not release the Darth and 3PO with a STAR WARS logo rather than ESB!

OCB
09-10-2004, 01:37 PM
JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1094838913,34342,) has some shots of the cape ;)

Ji'dai
09-10-2004, 05:49 PM
I noticed this as well. I believe that it is because he was modeled after the infamous trading card #207. ;) :D
Ah, yeah I remember that. I didn't know that card existed until I saw it posted on the web. I collected those movie cards as a kid too. It's probably a good thing I didn't come across it during my impressionable youth. :D

AmanaMatt
09-10-2004, 11:10 PM
JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1094838913,34342,) has some shots of the cape ;)

That's it, though that shot makes the shirt look a bit more yellowish than in person.

OC47150
09-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I saw him for the first time in the store this morning. The resemblance to BDW is great!

I passed on buying it because the case was too bent.

Lazer Brain
09-17-2004, 11:15 AM
so i guess you can't see the pattern unless you take him out of the case? the one i have you cannot tell by looking at it. i guess i will have to open one.
later

anti-hero
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Got mine last night. The cape was folded so you could only see the blue, but once you get it out it looks great. The only problem I have with it is it's not removeable, but it's such a great cape I can forgive that.

As far as VOTC, Han was my favorite SW fig of all time for about 3 weeks. Then I got Vader. ;) I can't wait for the Jedi wave to come out. Anyone know when that's gonna hit?