PDA

View Full Version : Making of E2 part 8

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 09:09 PM
There are a few really nice shots of Kamino, as well as several shots of Padme's apartment building. Anyone else notice anything noteworthy?

GNT
12-22-2001, 09:25 PM
Any pictures? Cause I'm unable to view it :(

Jargo
12-22-2001, 09:30 PM
You mean apart from all the really brilliant models? The added footage of coruscant and the Naboo freighter beginning it's flight from the spaceport. The shots of Obi-Wan and the Kamino corridor made of huge glass panels and brightly lit. The massive model of part of Kamino all white and municipal looking, almost sterile.
The way the model of the building that Padme's apartment is in was put together in sections that could be removed to accomodate a camera moving in and around the dolls house like model that was a s tall as chewbacca and as broad as a car.
The huge coruscant models with brightly coloured buildings looking like something out of a 1960's conceptual bauhaus influenced architects design portfolio.
The shots of the machine made model parts produced to exacting standards.
the shotsof the model makers painting the models with skills I can only dream of.
You mean apart from that? No, nothing to report here. :p

Plus the fact that after saving the file to my hard drive and then trying to access the file all I got was an error message that won't allow me to view anything and reconnects me to starwars.con so I can spend another hour downloading the movie file :mad: so no pictures because every one seems to be waiting for someone else to work out how to save the file in order to take some screen captures. Plus there's the lucas lawyers on everyones backs at the moment and I guess a lot of folk are tired of playing cat and mouse with them.

Jedi Clint
12-22-2001, 09:50 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2512

The alt.binaries.starwars newsgroup has it compressed into a 6 part rar file. The link above discusses how to decompress it and it runs without error then!!

Hopefully you have newsgroup access.

Jedi Clint
12-24-2001, 11:02 AM
Did this information help anyone to save a working copy of the video?

Jargo
12-24-2001, 03:00 PM
To be honest I haven't tried yet Clint. I was being lazy and hoping that someone somewhere would have managed to make a few screen caps so I could simply download the images and forget about the dull narration. It's interesting once but how many times do you need to see the guy talking in a kindergarten way about how the CGI footage will be composited into the scene later? Like we don't have that information burned into our minds already by everything that comes out of LFL. I watched the documentary segment without sound at first to appreciate the visuals and see more clearly what was offered by way of spoilers. Then I viewed with the sound turned on and was a bit disappointed. I guess it has to be bland to appeal to the kids who download it but don't understand the technical aspects. Why then do we get such a mixed bag of terms used? Half the time they use really techical jargon to explain something and the other half is just patronising, condescending over explanation. They want to get the tone right and decide who they're making the documentaries for. A bit like the films themselves really...:rolleyes:

GNT
12-25-2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I was being lazy and hoping that someone somewhere would have managed to make a few screen caps so I could simply download the images and forget about the dull narration.

Same here :p Only that I cant watch/view it to begin with so Hopefully TFN has some up by now?

sleth
12-26-2001, 12:25 AM
I can do it for ya. All I need is a stupid account to view it, and I can DL it and export it frame by frame into pics. I have an account but forgot the password, and every new one they send me doesn't work.

Magnolia-Fan
01-03-2002, 05:29 PM
If you have access to newsgroups, it is on alt.binaries.starwars right now.

Go get it! Right now!

Using Outlook Express:
Highlight all 76 parts (hold "ctrl" as you click each part), then right click on highlighted parts and select "combine and decode".
They will then create the complete *.mov file for your viewing/saving pleasure.

Also, the other day, somebody gave instructions on how to save the new QT movies, without waiting for someone else to post it. It said:

"There are several ways to do it, but this is how I went about getting this.

1. Visit the web site and download the complete trailer. Don't push play.
2. LEAVE THE WINDOW OPEN.
3. Use a 3rd party explorer program (I use Norton Navigator) or browse the
primary computer over a network and browse to Internet Explorer's file
cache. Or do a search for *.mov in the browser cache folder.
4. Find the movie file...if you clear your cache before doing this it'll be
the only big file named something.mov in there.
5. Copy the file to your desktop or temp folder.
6. Open Quicktime Pro 5.0x and drag the MOV file to the window.
7. Click Edit>Delete Tracks.
8. Delete the first track on there (usually a "SPRITE" file). Sometimes you
have to delete more than one sprite or miscellaneous file.
9. Go to Edit>Enable Tracks.
10. Click on Video Track and Sound Track and turn them ON.
11. Save the file using the "Save As" option under File and when the dialog
box comes up choose to save it as a self-contained movie. Viola."

Unfortunately, I won't pay $30 for QT Pro, so I was unable to do this, but if anybody has QT Pro, please let me know if this works.