PDA

View Full Version : What is Hasbro waiting for??

Darth Rend
09-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Ok, this may seem like nit-picking, but here goes....

For the episode 1 line, some of the first items out of the gate were Obiwan an Qui-gon in thier standard tunics, minus the jedi robes. Fine, no prob, they can't make EVERY variation right away, and it was in the very next wave we got The two Jedi in all of their full-robed glory.

Fast forward to Episode 2....First wave, we get a tunic versions of Both Obi-wan and Anakin. Great, no problem.....but here we are, waiting for the episode 3 figures to hit, and still no jedi-robed version! Ok, we got a half-assed cloth robe for obi-wan pilot, and an action-posed Anakin wedding ceramony (with robotic arm) but where are the standard Obiwan and Anakin with thier robe? (As they are in thier first appearnece in the movie.)

To me, the full robed versions are the definitve Jedi-knight outfit, and I'm DYING for an Obi-wan (The Kamino showdown version is the closest available, but he's all wet =( ) I'm wondering why Hasbro would be waiting to release what to me would seem to be be an obvious figure to make. I mean we;ve seen half a dozen tunic-clad obi-wans so far.....

ronhudy
09-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I think a "Kamino Encounter" Obi-Wan would be pretty cool...and they could even give him a cool, "Fonzie-style", slicked-back hairdo - you know, from all the rain!

Darth Rend
09-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Actually they already did that...it was a deluxe figure...

complete with wet hair! Now all I need is my dry version =(

Dark Marble
09-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I fully agree with you, we need the robed versions of these figures. Perhaps the problem is articulation. Figures in long plastic robes are good for one thing and that is standing. I know that when my jedi council scene is complete, I will put Obi, little Ani, and Qui Gon in the middle and there they will stand.

I guess that a figure with robes could use both hands to hold a light saber, but again the robe would prevent any leg articulation. So it would be a static figure holding a light saber. So, maybe hasbro is thinking about play value rather than display value. Robed jedi are great for standing but not much else...but I still want my robed Ani and Obi. :)

Darth Rend
09-07-2004, 02:21 PM
thats the thing I don't understand....Anakin Secret Ceremony, and Kamino Showdown Obi-wan BOTH HAVE ROBES.

However, anakin's metal hand and obi-wan "wet look" make these not work for what I'm talking about.

And for the record, why can't anyone at hasbro make an episode 2 obi-wan that actually LOOKS like him?

darthzirock
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
So, maybe Hasbro is thinking about play value rather than display value. Robed jedi are great for standing but not much else...but I still want my robed Ani and Obi. :) Well, that's what the SAGA line was all about, play value and action features ... at least, as far as the 2002 and 2003 parts of the line. So, yes, we never got decent version of either Obi-Wan or Anakin in full Jedi robes. Just like we never got a Clone Wars Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor, either. And, frankly, we probably never will, unless Hasbro includes these in future Fan's Choice Figure polls.

ronhudy
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM

Ahhh....forgot about that one!

Well, I guess they're making figures that tie in with different scenes of the movie, and with Episode 2, they mostly went with the "action scenes". I guess if they made just a normal, cloaked Obi-Wan, they could call it "Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Temple Stroll"!

JediTricks
09-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Although I am not a huge lover of Ep 2 and even passed up some of its figures in the Saga line, these 2 were always ones I wanted. I think Hasbro was trying to be modest, trying not to overdo the main character variations like they did with Ep 1, but they did a poor job there and these 2 ended up suffering for it.

I agree too that Hasbro seems to be totally incapable of making a decent headsculpt for AOTC Obi-Wan, even the 12" versions were pretty bad. I think partly this has to do with the beard work, which Hasbro always tries to do sculpted which is the wrong route since Obi-Wan's beard in the film was too thin for that. They also screw up the general facial features, but the beard is the one that generally makes him look like a totally generic guy. I don't think they've been able to capture Anakin either though.

aceguide
09-08-2004, 07:49 AM
After the EPI Jedi overkill it is a bit odd that we have not seen anything from EPII. It seems like the entire AOTC and Saga lines have been dedicated to action poses or scene specific moments that do not lend themselves to a nice, plain, neutral looking character... :ermm:

Bacta Beast
09-08-2004, 05:21 PM

Hey, brother I'm with you, I want the same thing, heck I still don't feel like they've done a decent Obi-Wan ever! From any of the movies!. I thought the VOTC version would be the perfect version from that film, but they (Hasbroke) really screwed us with that one! (More articulated than you can imagine my a@@!) And they couldn't even throw in support stands for the extra money! Anyway, just wanted to say, don't let Hasbro off the hook with the deluxe version! 1. It's more of a statuette than an action figure. 2. Because of the screwed up way that Hasbro rations and distributes their assortments, I'll bet a lot of collectors still haven't seen that one! Even with the re-pack!

I agree, what's Hasbro waiting for?!!
Does it hurt so bad to gives us what we want?!!!

Bacta Beast
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=
And for the record, why can't anyone at hasbro make an episode 2 obi-wan that actually LOOKS like him?[/QUOTE]

Here! Here!!!

Turbowars
09-08-2004, 11:42 PM
If Hasbro made a perfect version of every figure the 1st time, then we wouldn't buy another one.lol

Darth Rend
09-09-2004, 07:43 AM
If Hasbro made a perfect version of every figure the 1st time, then we wouldn't buy another one.lolSir, are you *IMPLYING* that the POTF2 monkey-liea wasn't perfect?!? :stupid:

Now I'm stuck here thinking to myself what a waste it would be if we had to waste a "Fan Choice Poll" just to get a decent Obi-wan :neutral: