PDA

View Full Version : Broke my right arm good

mabudonicus
09-07-2004, 06:57 PM
I can barely even type :beard: my left hand is pretty useless...
I may not be too common for a week or two and just wanted to explain it so no-one gets any funny ideas... don't wanna pull a Rollo here or anything.......
and the story about the injury is kina funny,tooo but it must wait

DarthBrandon
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I may not be too common for a week or two and just wanted to explain it so no-one gets any funny ideas... don't wanna pull a Rollo here or anything.......

Sorry to hear about the injury mabs, shoot me a P.M. to LMK what happened.

P.S. get some rest

TC & Peace

B

stillakid
09-07-2004, 11:03 PM

I feel for you. I broke my left hand/wrist back in April (I think it was). Let's just say that I exited my mountain bike off the wrong end. Typing was rough, but going to work was even worse. Thank goodness I had some great people working with me who pitched in to help.

Oh, and it still hurts if I tweak it enough, so be careful even after the cast comes off.

Good luck!

Kidhuman
09-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Damn Mabs, calm down on those Adult Websites. :D

Sorry to hear bro. Just got your PM, try to hook up Froday morning on AIM. Meet you there about 10ish or so.

The 'Xir
09-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Hate to see the other guy!!! ;)

Sorry to her about your misfortune! Get well soon buddy! Sounds like a perfect excuse to kick up your feet with your favorite munchies and pop in your favorite SW Episode! Hope you can work the remote!!! :p :D

2-1B
09-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Keep your right \m/ up strong until your left is ready.
Get well soon !

\m/C\m/

dr_evazan22
09-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear about that Mabs! Maybe I'll see you on AIM.

Get well soon.

JEDIpartner
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
You broke your arm!!! :eek: That's bad... not good!!! ;)

Get better quickly, bro!!!

mabudonicus
09-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the good wishes and the laughs :D
I actually managed to wipe out on 2 different bikes in the span of about 30 minutes :beard:
Pretty cool huh???
I'll type the tale when I'm a tad better :)
and stilla- I was told in six weeks it'd be back to maybe 65% but to be careful (and I honestly will be).... moving is gonna be fun october 29th ;)

as long as I keep myself positive I'm sure I'll be fine, and there's always some yuks with youse :beard:

2-1B
09-09-2004, 01:48 AM
\m/ :Ogre: \m/

Kidhuman
09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Okay, I talked to Mabs last night via phone. He asked me to throw up the quick version of the story. He was riding his bike home from work and stopped off to purchase a 12 pack of adult beverages. He was carrying it home on the bike. He hit a pot hole and the box handle broke which sent him flying right threw the 12 pack of now broken bottles. His elbow to be exact. He got home and cleaned himself up and went back for more beverages. The box broke again and sent him down, which resulted in "what the doctors called a sprained wrist at the time" 2 days later the doctor calls him back and says " you need to come in becuase your arm is broken" There is the basic story of what happened. God speed on your recovery Mabs. Hope it doesnt affect your garden too much.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the update KH, I was so very saddened to hear what happened. I mean, what a terrible waste of beer. . . :D

Mab, what a tough break, but breaking a bone ain't all what it's cracked up to be (sorry with the puns, no more :speech: ). I just hope for a fast recovery, and I can't imagine all the difficulty you face, even with simple tasks, when breaking an arm.

You'll be back to normal again, soon. Speedy recovery!

mabudonicus
09-11-2004, 01:27 PM
thanks KH, and sorry I talk so much....

And thanks for the laugh Caesar (as in "ogre>beard" HAH.. ogre<beard and don't forget it)
And lbc- LOL funny stuff bro :)
it isn't too bad, I don't know what it'd be like without JediElf, I need help taking showers :(
but other than that it's fine, if a bitless fun, the garden is pretty much self maintaining at this point.... thanks again to all, my arm is starting to burn from typing :beard:

JediTricks
09-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the arm Mabs, but um... how do I put this delicately? C'MON! Ever heard of a BAG?!? :p (hold bag handles AND box handles, then you have the perfect backup in case either fails)

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice..." and you know the rest. ;)

mabudonicus
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
ROFL... I do know the rest ;)

And bags are for wussies, real men break their arms :rambo:

Honestly though, the cheap cardboard that the "adult beverage industry" seakily phased in is the culprit, you pretty much need a car or a wagon, factor in the cool humidty of the point-of-sale and you get what I got....

Although I think I may look into these "baggs" you speak of..... :beard:

2-1B
10-06-2004, 02:55 AM
Mabs, I just got a transmission from 21B and he is curious to know how that falsie is doing, the one he attached ?

:Ogre:

mabudonicus
10-06-2004, 07:13 AM
Caesar- let him know it's doing good, and please tell him his secretary is rude, Two-ber can do better than that

Seriously, though, it is getting a lot better, the cast should be off in a week or two....

Man, I'm glad the pain finally subsided, it hurt like stink for over 2 weeks and I didn't have any painkillers :beard:

2-1B
10-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Caesar- let him know it's doing good, and please tell him his secretary is rude, Two-ber can do better than that

Indeed he can. :)

I told The Deuce about your maltreatment and he fired FX-7, no questions asked.

All those arms with nothing to do . . .

mabudonicus
10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The cast came off yesterday and now I truly, once again, ROCK
It is still a bit wonky (the arm, I mean) thanks to being "crooked" for the better part of 2 months, but is getting better by the minute it would seem.....
I would highly recommend the Deuce and his expertise in matters such as this, when he said "Take care sir", he really meant it

:beard:

Kidhuman
10-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Congrats top dog. Hope you hoisted that long awaited Adult BEverage with that arm when the cast came off.