PDA

View Full Version : Any news on when the new VOTC will be coming out?

Ryo826
09-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I REALLY want that Boba Fett, I have heard release dates of Late August-September. I'm thinking it should be out any day now right? Has there been any official release info? Has Hasbro said anything? Thanks.

Samuel Windu
09-09-2004, 09:14 AM
All I heard the ROTJ wave is out around the end of Oct.

Darth Alex
09-18-2004, 12:28 PM
I REALLY want that Boba Fett, I have heard release dates of Late August-September. I'm thinking it should be out any day now right? Has there been any official release info? Has Hasbro said anything? Thanks.
I'm not gonna hold my breath for Tuesday...I suppose we could all be suprised. If I was running Hasbro, I'd pump out the VOTC ROTJ wave on the 21st and ship extra 8 pk cases of Stormtroopers...even at 10 a pop, I'll buy multiples. Then I'd do another 12....Endor ROTJ wave(Han,Luke,Leia,Biker Scout)...maybe a Jawa or a Tusken Raider with a metal gaffi stick and cloth.

Anyway, if the reports are true, it seems that the ROTJ VOTC is a chase case itself, not just a case with a chase figure. I'll be going to stores until Thanksgiving looking for it. Maybe it is time for an online case order...:ermm:

Kyle Katarn
09-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I think we will see them like half October,but if we have luck we will probably see them Sept. 21.

CrunchyNug
09-20-2004, 04:23 PM
RS main page has a report of them being found in Arizona.

www.Rebelscum.com

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 08:57 PM
we have a report here too, only from Nevada.

vadersvette
09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
You guys are already talking about the VOTC ROTJ?! Jeez, I haven't even found the ESB ones yet! :crazed: :rolleyes:

Ryo826
09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Great, they're out! Anyone know of an online site that I can order them from? Not a case of figures, just an individual one.

zlurp
09-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Just found this wave at a Target in the Cleveland area today. I picked up every figure except R2. These figures are AMAZING! I would say these are the best sculpts of Boba, Stormtrooper and Chewie.

Darth Alex
09-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Just found this wave at a Target in the Cleveland area today. I picked up every figure except R2. These figures are AMAZING! I would say these are the best sculpts of Boba, Stormtrooper and Chewie.
I think that's cool that people are actually finding these now.
However, I wonder how easy these will really be to find. Just a thought, but the Stormtrooper should have it's own case of 8. Even though they are obviously double price, I plan on buying anywhere from 4-12 for army building. If they were in the Basic OTC line, I'd buy 20 at least for displays.

Why are these only showing up in dribs and drabs here and there?
I thought 9/21 was to be the day, man?

vadersvette
09-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Just found this wave at a Target in the Cleveland area today.
Really?! Where at in the Cleveland area? :sur:

tagmac
09-23-2004, 08:04 PM
I found all of these and all of the ESB wave but Threepio at Target this afternoon. Still waiting for my pre-order from kebco, so I left them on the pegs. Prolly gone by now.

Chewie is definitely the best one of the wave.

stillakid
09-23-2004, 10:32 PM
I found all of these and all of the ESB wave but Threepio at Target this afternoon. Still waiting for my pre-order from kebco, so I left them on the pegs. Prolly gone by now.

Chewie is definitely the best one of the wave.

I've always been an opener, but some of these OTC VOTC things are pretty snazzy in their packaging. So while I too wait for my KEBco orders to ship (what does take so frickin' long anyway :confused: ) I've been picking up a few extras here and there if I know I want an extra to stay packaged. Chewy is one of the best I've seen so far. :)

tagmac
09-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I was extreemely tempted to pick up an extra Chewie and Stormtrooper to open, but since I'm trying to save money, I'll just wait for my order to come in. Now that these figures have been out for a while, the double-packaging is starting to lose it's luster with me. I just might open mine up, and just keep the cards.

zlurp
09-24-2004, 12:53 AM
Really?! Where at in the Cleveland area? :sur:

I found them at the Target in Parma, which is a pretty far distance from where I live in Fairview Park. I went on a hunt through Fairview, North Olmstead, Rocky River, and Parma. I struck gold in the last store on my trip :cool: . I have to say the Jedi figures are the best of the three lines. Good Luck!

Jedi Commando
09-24-2004, 03:28 AM
I found all four VOTC ROTJ and all of the ESB except 3PO at Target in North Canton, Ohio, yesterday. I have to agree the ROTJ are the best, they make the SW VOTC look like garbage!

prozac
09-27-2004, 10:44 AM
I found them all plus Lando in Alton, IL...right outside of St Louis, MO saturday.

anti-hero
09-27-2004, 10:59 AM
I found them all plus Lando in Alton, IL...right outside of St Louis, MO saturday.

Where at??? I'm dying to get these!! There's a St. Louis thread in the Just Found USA forum here too. That's helped me alot.

rbaumhauer
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Found Lando + all four ROTJ figures at Target in Holyoke, MA this evening. They had 3 Landos, 4 Stormies, 2 Fetts, and one each of R2 and Chewbacca. Now they have one fewer of each :) Only have 3PO left to get of VOTC.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I got the ROTJ wave minus Chewbacca at Wal-Mart yesterday. It was weird, they hadn't goten anything in for a longtime before that.

I still need Luke, Yoda, C-3PO, and Chewbacca.

AmanaMatt
09-30-2004, 03:14 PM
In my area, I have three Walmart Supercenters and three Targets - of these, Targets have been the place for the ROTJ wave - I scored more today...finally have the VOTC Chewbacca - best Chewie ever, IMO.

Two of the Walmarts put out a VOTC box display that is literally overflowing with VOTC Han(s), Leia(s), Luke(s), and Obi-Wan(s) - no sign of ESB or ROTJ VOTC at these stores yet.

My Toys R Us got in one case of the ESB VOTC a few weeks ago - I have now seen more of the ROTJ cases than I have of the one that has Threepio.

Ji'dai
10-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Found the ROTJ wave at TRU today. They must have just put a case out since I was able to score two of each and still left behind 2 Fetts and 2 Stormtroopers. I now have one complete set of VOTC and am a Yoda & 3PO shy of a second set.

Kidhuman
10-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Man you guys are lucky, I just scored the ESB wave last week and have not found the ROTJ wave yet.