PDA

View Full Version : New 25th Ann. sets

AmanaMatt
12-22-2001, 10:57 PM
saw these 2 packs at Frank & Scums, er, Sons and the price range was from $25 - $39 (the last price told to me I had to fight back the desire to laugh in the dealer's face)

Luke and Leia, IMO, are crap (how many of these two do we need?).

The Chewie from the Han 2 pack is very sweet. I wish he wasn't haunched over soo much, but all in all, that is a pretty sweet 2 pack. I think Han's face looks just like the promo pic it was molded after.

CrunchyNug
12-29-2001, 01:08 PM
Found a fresh case at Target this morning. 3 Han & Chewie and 3 Luke & Leia - each for $15.99. I'm gonna pass on these guys.

julian
01-01-2002, 09:06 AM
Complain, complain, complain. That's all some of you folks do. I believe for some people to be a critic and put down every figure that comes out is an art.
The 25th Anniversary 2 packs are fantastic sculpts of the characters, the accessories are nicely detailed and the package presentaion is just as good. why these characters? Why are we seeing them again? Do we really need them?
Has any of you critics out there taken the time to read the back of the boxes and find out why? I believe you will find an answer there, but again I guess many of you don't even take the time to read.
How many will want to go back and be seeing figures produced by Hasbro using the same sculpt design as in 1995? or even further back to the vintage line. despite their increased value, as far as likeness, articulation and design when compared to today's figures they simply SUCKED.
Nowadays Hasbro is giving a more to expectations product, producing more obscure characters as well as scene specific poses, all of this for what? to please the real collectors as well as those who only seem to be critical of everything Hasbro makes..are you sure you want to collect Star Wars?
THINK IT TWICE BEFORE TRASHING FIGURES AND SETS WITHOUT THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE AND UNJUSTIFIABLE REASONS.

sith_killer_99
01-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Julian, first of all, welcome to the forums.:)

Most folks around here like to critique' Hasbro's work, this is how we end up with better quality figures. It is well known the Hasbro reads through these forums. If we had nothing to say about improving SW figures then nothing would change. Just food for thought.

BTW, thank you Hasbro for the Fan Choice figs.

Hey nobody's perfect...

"THINK IT TWICE BEFORE..." hehehe. JK:D

Anyway, I think one of the biggest problems people have is with the price. I personally think they look quite good. And since I don't plan on opening them up, I can live with 1 pose wonders. ;)

I do however REFUSE to pay $25.00- $39.00 for them!!! Heck, I didn't even pay that much for my 3.75 inch Masters of the Darkside 2-packs. I bought 3 sets on-line and only paid $20.00 for 1 and $18.00 for each of the other 2.

And trust me when I say that the anniversary sets will be MUCH easier to find at retail.

However, the other 2-packs retailed for around $16.00. So I've come to expect the retail price for these. Besides the box is MUCH cooler than those carded sets, and easier to keep in MINT condition.:D