PDA

View Full Version : otc vintage question

jedimastergeorge
09-08-2004, 07:01 PM
does anyone know about a votc darth vader to where some of the paint on the monitor on his chest is missing. and also a votc yoda to where in the top right hand corner where is says for ages 4 and up under it it has it in i think french. does anyone know if they are an error or what?
thanks
george

Turbowars
09-08-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm sure there are many of these vaders with a dot of paint missing here or there. It happens with all of the figures.

I do have a VOTC Yoda with the french text. How ever have no idea why hasbro would just do this on Yoda and not the others.

Ji'dai
09-09-2004, 04:53 PM
I do have a VOTC Yoda with the french text. How ever have no idea why hasbro would just do this on Yoda and not the others.
Same here. I have all the ANH and ESB figures and Yoda is the only one with the French text. Dunno why either.

jedimastergeorge
09-12-2004, 06:27 PM
i just bought a otc basic greedo that does not have the symbol in the top left hand corner. u know ..that tells if they're bad guys or good guys. does anyone anything about that?

Turbowars
09-12-2004, 06:52 PM
All the Greedo's are like that. he's not part of the rebels or Empire. He's like the independent party here in the US.:)

jedimastergeorge
09-12-2004, 06:54 PM
oh i see so i guess its normal then. ok thanks a lot.
george

Ji'dai
09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
i just bought a otc basic greedo that does not have the symbol in the top left hand corner. u know ..that tells if they're bad guys or good guys. does anyone anything about that?
The Jawas card is also symbol-less. So the Rodian is not the only one that remains unaffiliated ;)

darthzirock
09-14-2004, 10:30 PM
does anyone know about a votc darth vader to where some of the paint on the monitor on his chest is missing. and also a votc yoda to where in the top right hand corner where is says for ages 4 and up under it it has it in i think french. does anyone know if they are an error or what?
thanks
george
I believe the French on the Yoda card was a requirement by the Canadians. While the basic OTC in Canada is on different packaging, the Vintage figures are not. Because of Yoda's small size and very small accessories, this was the only figure that the Canadians absolutely insisted have a warning on in French, to comply with their mandatory bilinguality laws. At least, that's how it was explained to me by a friend who's a sculptor at Hasbro.

Turbowars
09-15-2004, 06:57 PM
At least, that's how it was explained to me by a friend who's a sculptor at Hasbro.You must have some great inside info. Please do tell!!!

Kidhuman
09-15-2004, 09:25 PM
You must have some great inside info. Please do tell!!!

Yes do tell!!!!!!!